Predictions List: 10 Quick and Easy Topics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Elanor on Sat May 21, 2011 2:38 am

This topic serves as an archive of a thread from the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum as hosted on World Crossing which ceased operation on April 15, 2011. Elanor

essie125 - Apr 8, 2007 4:39 am
Edited by Kip Carter Aug 30, 2007 5:21 am
Here is a list that makes it easy for everyone to share their predictions for HP&DH. You can just copy the list and fill in your answers.

Harry: Will he live or die?

Ron: Will he live or die?

Hermione: Will she live or die?

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die?

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die?

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape?

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily?

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school?

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now?

Deaths: Who else do you think will die?

I changed the title from "predictions list, quick and easy" to "Predictions List: 10 Quick and Easy Topics" - Kip 1:30 am Mon 9 April 2007

Last edited by Elanor on Sat May 21, 2011 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Predictions List: 10 Quick and Easy Topics (Post 1 to 50)

Post  Elanor on Sat May 21, 2011 2:40 am

essie125 - Apr 8, 2007 5:06 am (#1 of 80)
Jo, of course I think about Alan when I think about Snape, Who wouldn't think about Alan all day every day eh.
Harry: Live

Ron: Die, sorry you Ronnies out there!

Hermione: Live, though I don't see how she will cope without Ron.

Lord Voldemort: Die, duh!

Snape: Tricky, I am an I trust Snape'er. Though I realise that Snape is not the nicest person around. I'm afraid he will have to die to prove his goodness. (BooHoo Sad Needs some time to recompse herself)

Dumbledore: I think Dumbledore was right to trust Snape, hence the I trust Snape, stuff and Dumbledore knew he was going to die. He knew exactly what Malfoy was up to and told Snape to take the vow.

Lily: That she and Severus were very good friends and that she never trusted Wormtail in the first place, only James trusted him.

Hogwarts: Hogwarts will not be opened as such, but it will remain to be garded and looked after in case it will ever reopen again. So Hagrid and Filch are not out of a job Smile

Horcruxes: Well, 1 Tom Riddle's diary 2 Slytherin's ring 3 Slytherin's locket 4 Huffelpuff's cup 5 something of Ravenclaw's 6 something of Griffindor's 7 Nagini

I know DD said that the seventh part was in LV, but LV knows the diary horcrux was destroyed and with Hogwarts closed he now has acces to Griffindor's sword, so that becomes a new horcrux.

Deaths: I think LV, Snape an Ron are more then enough

- - - - - - - - - -
azi - Apr 8, 2007 6:58 am (#2 of 80)

Photo borrowed from Ardent Photography
This may be better moved to the predictions thread, but it's a great idea!

Harry:Hmm, undecided, I lean towards self-sacrifice for the greater good.

Ron: Lives, I think all Weasley's will survive.

Hermione:She will survive and get a job that is worthwhile but not particuarly challenging in brain power.

Lord Voldemort: Paraphrased - 'There are worse things than death.' I like the idea of this vs. Voldie's actual death.

Snape: Working for his own interests and most definitely alive.

Dumbledore:Because he's an idiot? Probably because Snape is an amazing Occlumens and could hide whatever he wanted to.

Lily: She was more than a pretty face? We already know that, I suppose. I'm not sure, to be honest. I like your theory, essie! There are many pretty good fanfictions with that theory.

Hogwarts: I really hope it will be open. What's the point of closing it and preventing the younger generation of the Wizarding World from learning how to protect themselves from Voldemort? However, the Ministry is not known for making wise decisions, is it?

Horcruxes: I've lost track of all the theories on this subject. Harry is not a Horcrux however. I don't know if there has been a significant enough death for another Horcrux to be created (perhaps Amelia Bones or Emmeline Vance?). It would also ruin the power of having 7 even if one has been destroyed, won't it? Unless Voldemort decides to try for 12...

Deaths:Tonks and Luna. I don't want it to happen though.

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - Apr 8, 2007 11:08 am (#3 of 80)

I think he might have to die, but I'm on the fence about it.

Live. R/Hr was the ship Jo stressed the most. Why stress it if he's going to die?

See above

Depends on what Dumbledore meant by something that is worse than death. He's still connected to Ginny somhow, I think, and that complicates things.

He's out for himself, but he had to do what he did. Could go either way. I hope he lives.

Because he knew soemthing we don't know.

Her relationship with her sister will come into play somehow.

I think it will be closed, at least part of the time. Harry will go back there, but not as a full time student.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now?

I don't think he can make anew horcrux. I think there's a limit to how small a piece of your soul can be split before it's useless. I do not want Nagini to really be a horcrux, if she's just an oridinary snake. I think it's lame to put your soul into a creature that's so fragile. I'd like the Ravenclaw Horcrux to either have something to do with what killed Luna's mother, or be the wand in Ollivander's window.

Could be Molly, Hagrid, or Ginny, of the secondary characters. I think either Fudge, Slughorn or Scrimgeour is going to die, but not all of them.

- - - - - - - - - -
wynnleaf - Apr 8, 2007 1:01 pm (#4 of 80)

He'll live

live

live

Die, but not by an AK. I wouldn't be surprised if he brings about his own death inadvertently (after the horcruxes are destroyed, of course).

Snape is Dumbledore's Man. I'll put my hopes in whose birthdays are honored by JKR -- so he lives. Disagreeable as usual, of course -- no kind and gentler Snape!

Because Snape risked everything to try to save his friend Lily and (pure guess) was at Godrics Hollow the night they died. Wouldn't be surprised if he was instrumental in protecting Harry 'til Hagrid got there.

She was good friends with Snape.

Open. Harry will go back, but make lots of trips out to deal with horcruxes.

No new horcruxes. Besides the ones DD has already mentioned, I don't know. Harry may well be a horcrux.

Luna. Possibly Tonks. What about Fleur? Possibly Hagrid, but he's still getting birthday greetings so I'll hope for the best. You can tell I'm depending on the birthday list for my guesses on who lives and dies. Among the bad guys, definitely Voldemort, Bella and Fenrir. Possibly Lucius and Narcissa.

- - - - - - - - - -
MickeyCee3948 - Apr 8, 2007 1:41 pm (#5 of 80)

Harry: Will he live or die? Harry will live!

Ron: Will he live or die? Ron will live!

Hermione: Will she live or die? Hermoine will live!

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? A fate worse than death awaits him unless he brings about his own death. Harry won't do it!

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die?Snape is Good but will die in the end! I agree he was at GH on the night of the attack possibly under James cloak protecting Harry after the attack

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Snape's relationship with Lily

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? Her relationship with Snape!

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? It will be closed temporarily until after the war!

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? No new ones will be made, Nagrini is not a Horcrux. Items belonging to Ravenclaw and Griffindor will be the last two that we do not know of!

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Wormtail & Lupin will finish off the Marauders. Also Quark, Hagrid & Lucius.

Mickey

- - - - - - - - - -
So Sirius - Apr 8, 2007 1:48 pm (#6 of 80)

Harry: Will he live or die? I think it'd make a better story if he was to die.

Ron: Will he live or die? I'm not sure. It'd be nice for him to live and have a nice long prosperous life with Hermione, but again, it would make for a good story for him to be taken, also.

Hermione: Will she live or die? I feel the same as with Ron. Would be nice to see her live a nice long life and watch her become headmistress of Hogwarts, but to die in some final battle to empower Harry and save the world would make a fine, albeit sad story.

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? He should die. It should end with his death, but a long time ago I posted where it would be more poetic to have his remaining soul sucked out and live the rest of his life like that.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Snape is both. He can be good, but he was raised in an environment that predisposed him to the dark side. Ultimately I think he understands right from wrong, good from bad and has more human in him then say LV and will exhibit his human side, which will come across as good, at some point.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I think they made a vow and it's not just that DD saw the good or human in Snape but had an "assurance" by way of something more powerful that gave him this trust. I do think Snape's mother and family will be significant.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? I think there's something about her relationship with Petunia that we'll come to learn was significant. Also, we may learn about her finally getting past her initial feelings regarding James and how they came to be together and her actual fights with the death eaters before she was taken in her last sacrifice.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? It will remain open to those who wish to learn. Harry will not return as a student, but I think he will return to the school , as it's a safe haven, his home in a sense and houses things and people that will be significant. He will need to return to the RoR.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? I suspect LV made something from each founder into one. I don't think he's made any more as I don't suspect he's aware that any, other than the diary, have been destroyed or will be.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? I would say that there will be many, perhaps from names we've come across in the book thus far, but out of the main players, i'm not sure.

- - - - - - - - - -
Anna L. Black - Apr 8, 2007 2:49 pm (#7 of 80)

Harry will live, have a dozen of kids and be the minister for Magic. Or whatever Trelawney predicted for him in that memorable scene

Live, I very much hope.

Ditto.

He will definitely be defeated, one way or the other. A fate worse than death awaits him since whenever.

He's on Dumbledore's side, I believe. I doubt that he'll live, he's had too much at stake during all those years, and I can't see him living a normal life after the war. A heroic death seems more likely.

Oooh, there you have me. I think he proved his trustworthiness in more that just regret about his part in the Potters' death.

Another difficult one. Personally, I'd like to know who was "that awful boy" Petunia was talking about.

It will open. But Harry won't return as a regular student (Although he'll probably visit the library\a couple of teachers afew times).

No, now new Horcruxes. Harry\Harry's scar is one.

At least one of the Weasleys (I hope Percy), definitely Wormtail and Bella, probably Lupin (But I very much hope not), possibly some of the DA (but nobody from the sixtet, except maybe Luna. Neville will be the Herbology teacher when Sprout retires. That must mean that Sprout will die, I guess).

- - - - - - - - - -
Robert Dierken - Apr 8, 2007 3:17 pm (#8 of 80)

Harry: Will he live or die? Live

Ron: Will he live or die? Live

Hermione: Will she live or die? Live

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Die

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Don't know whether he's good or bad, but will die as everybody is now against him.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Unbreakable vow.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? She was previously a DADA professor.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? If any students return it will be open, whether the MoM likes it or not. Harry will return, if not this year then after the war is done.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? (1) Locket (2) Cup (3) Gryffindor object (4) Ravenclaw object, but Luna's mother destroyed it.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Bellatrix will be crushed by a dozen pianos. Dudley will be assassinated by Mark Evans. Umbridge will be trampled by the centaurs.

- - - - - - - - - -
PatPat - Apr 8, 2007 5:43 pm (#9 of 80)

Harry: Will he live or die? Harry will live.

Ron: Will he live or die? Die, unfortunately.

Hermione: Will she live or die? Live, but will be devastated by Ron's death

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? A fate worse than death. Dumbledore mentions many times that Voldemort does not understand that there are fates worse than death. This must be important. The dementors will be turned against him by Harry and his stag patronus.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? He is Dumbledore's man and will die saving Harry from a horcrux.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Wouldn't we all like to know?

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? Her friendship with Snape.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? It will be open. Harry will not return as a student but will be back periodically. He needs to go to the room of requirement for the potions book.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? No new Horcruxes. He needed a seven part soul. He does not want more than that. Harry is NOT a horcrux. The locket is and maybe the tiara in the ROR, although the protection surrounding it seems rather weak.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Snape, Ron, I fear. I also fear for Hagrid.

- - - - - - - - - -
Pamzter - Apr 8, 2007 6:59 pm (#10 of 80)

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Die, but not by Harry's hand

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Good, live

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Unbreakable Vow (maybe)

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? Relationship with Snape

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Open, Yes

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Don't know, No (he thinks he's got the magical number, no need to make another)

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Tonks or Lupin (protecting the other); someone along the lines of Seamus, Patil, or Dean; a Weasley (maybe a twin)

- - - - - - - - - -
Jadelollipop - Apr 8, 2007 7:39 pm (#11 of 80)

Ron: Live

Hermione: Live Lord Voldemort: die Snape: Good Die unless he was the reprieved one Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape --my pet theory is that Snape is really Regulus...lol

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? --no idea really...Maybe she knew how to create and destroy horocruxes...

Hogwarts: Open and Harry will attend at least part time Horcruxes: Don't think he will make another one...I think Hufflepuff Cup in Trophy room. Locket, a Tiara or other Goblin Silver object Naginia...not Harry though

Deaths: Hagrid, Grawp, Possibly Luna

- - - - - - - - - -
Jenniffler - Apr 8, 2007 7:40 pm (#12 of 80)

Searching for gold in the HP world. Oh, here it is!

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? DIE

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? My gut says bad and live.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Mercy

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? How she defied LV those three times

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Open! Yes, at some part of the book.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Something goblin made No new ones

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? L.Malfoy and B.Lestrange have to go down and unfortunately scores of nameless, faceless muggles.

- - - - - - - - - -
Ludicrous Patents Office - Apr 8, 2007 8:11 pm (#13 of 80)

Harry: live

Ron: die Hermione: live

Lord Voldemort: He will be vanquished

Snape: Bad. He will redeem himself though.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I have no idea

Lily: I think it has something to do with her eyes.

Hogwarts: Open after the war is over. Harry will return for his N.E.W.T.s

Horcruxes: Harry, Locket, Cup, Nagini. No he has not made a new one.

Deaths: Hagrid, Peter, Snape

Edited

- - - - - - - - - -
Elanor - Apr 8, 2007 10:04 pm (#14 of 80)

Die (at least symbolically) and "be born" again, so I guess my answer is "live", lol!

I think Ron was meant to die, from the beginning of the series, but got a "reprieve". He will die in the DH but it will be only a symbolic death (like on the chessboard in PS/SS for example). So: live!

Live

"A fate worse than death" is what will be his fate, and we know what it is since we're told in PoA: it is to be soul-less. He will be only an "empty shell" as Lupin said.

Good! But I think he will die.

We'll find out in the DH!

I think the most important thing will not be what we learn about her but the fact that Harry will finally find her in him as he found his father in him in PoA, which will allow him to achieve his journey.

Open and Harry will go back there, I think Dumbledore made sure he would.

No new horcruxes, but the objects from the founders are horcruxes and I more and more tend to think Harry's scar is a horcrux too.

I am very afraid for Hagrid (the Rubedo/DH guide), for Lupin, Pettigrew and Snape.

- - - - - - - - - -
essie125 - Apr 9, 2007 4:01 am (#15 of 80)

Jo, of course I think about Alan when I think about Snape, Who wouldn't think about Alan all day every day eh.
I'm going to respond to your posts, now, cos they have given me soem food for thought, which is always good when it comes to HP. Very Happy

So everyone seems quite certain that Harry will live. This is probably due to the the Prophecy, that states that none can live while the other survives and everyone is certain that LV will die, so Harry can live.

Ok so this is a bit more 50/50, some of you say he will live, and some, including myself, say he will die. I hope he doesn't die, though!

I'm not sure whether she will live or not, but most of you seem quite sure. I don't understand why though? Why do some expect Ron to die, but no one expects Hermione to die? What is it about Hermione that makes us think she will live? She is the muggleborn, so she would be in more danger then Ron.

I like your theory that something worse then death will happen to him, but I wonder what that something will be then? He's been ripped of his body and been alone and abandoned by his followers, so what is this worse then death thing according to you?

Well the jury is still out on this one, though I must say that most of you believe him to be 'on the good side'. There is so many evidence in the books that he is, and then he goes and kills DD, by the way most people say kill and not murder. With Snape you always have to remember that you usually observe him through Harry's eyes and he has always been well, some what biased towards Snape

Well, because Snape is good obviously.

I love the fact that aunt Petunia may have more to do with this as well as the Snape theory. A few days ago I read a theory on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Snape and Lily must have known each other quite well, due to the fact that both were Sluggers and both were favourites of Slughorn. So they must have seen quite a lot of each other at Hogwarts. I never realised this before, but it makes the Snape and Lily were friends theory more believable.

Most of you believe that Hogwarts will reopen and some of you think that Harry will return. Personally I'm still not quite sure about this. To open Hogwarts makes sense, but how many people will still want to send their children there, but to close it asks for major reorganisation. What with all the things that are in the school at the moment. They will either have to be moved or the castle would have to be guarded very well, both of which are a right kerfuffle (Wink I love Lou and Andy, so forgive me)

Most, well all of you insist that LV has not created a new Horcrux and I agree with you now, LV has split his soul into seven parts and he will want to leave it that way. And we all agree that DD was right about what he thought these horcruxes were. However there is still some debate about Naginig being a horcrux. It doesn't make sense to me.

Many interesting theories here, but I haven't heardd anything about characters like Florean Fortescue and Mr. Olivander, what will have happened with them?

- - - - - - - - - -
journeymom - Apr 9, 2007 10:22 am (#16 of 80)

Essie, I think when people predict that Ron might die, they're referring to, a) the chess game in PS/SS where he sacrifices himself so Harry can get ahead, and/or b) the "Die, Ron die!" comment in reference to his tea leaves or something. Also, sometimes one can predict what happens in a story based upon precedent set in previous stories. In many stories the best friend dies, to move the protagonist to action or simply for tragic effect or what-not. Like the ensign with no last name in a Star Trek episode. You know he's going to bite it on the inevitable away mission.

- - - - - - - - - -
Chemyst - Apr 9, 2007 1:23 pm (#17 of 80)

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." A.A. Milne
Harry: Will he live or die? Both. (see full answer in LV question.)

Ron: Will he live or die? live

Hermione: Will she live or die? live

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Harry and LV will have a battle to the death, both their deaths; but they won't be "properly dead" because the last horcrux will hold a soul fragment. Now remember the gleam in DD's eye when he heard the blood had been mixed? The mixed blood will allow the horcrux to work on either Harry or LV, but only on one of them. After they share death, LV will be vanquished and Harry will survive/revive.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? I am so tempted to just say, Yes!

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Because Snape knows love even though he does not always act like it.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? ? I do not know what we might learn, but I think we'll learn it from Petunia.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Reopens under new management. I would not put it past Scrimgeour to try to use Hogwarts as leverage to get Harry to compromise.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Luna, Hedwig, Mungdungus, one of Draco's parents.

- - - - - - - - - -
azi - Apr 9, 2007 1:53 pm (#18 of 80)

Photo borrowed from Ardent Photography
I love your LV/Harry survival theory, Chemyst!

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Apr 9, 2007 2:23 pm (#19 of 80)

The eyes are the windows to the soul...
Oooooh, Chemyst!!! I love your "final resolution" theory! Bravo! Bravo! It very nicely handles the gleam in Dumbledore's eye, the shared blood, the "but in essence divided" quote... all those mysterious things we've wondered about and that have driven me crazy! Woo-hoo! How have I missed this before? Have you aired this idea previously? I love it! (It also goes well with the U.S. bookcover -- behind the Veil, so both are "dead", but Harry is wearing the last horcrux in that little bag around his neck, and so he is reaching out to be pulled out, while Voldy, shock and horror on his face, knows he is going to be left behind with all those faceless "judges" sitting there waiting to judge him...) ****is jumping up and down with excitement***

OK, ***clears throat and settles down*** here's my predictions list:

1. Harry: Will he live or die? Harry will live. Can't kill the big hero, other-author-sequels notwithstanding.

2. Ron: Will he live or die? Ron will live. (see below)

3. Hermione: Will she live or die? Hermione will live. She and Ron just have to get married and have kids -- won't that be interesting? They will be like Lady and the Tramp's puppies...

4. Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? This is tough -- I want it to be the "fate worse than death" that Dumbledore mentioned, since it seems more appropriate and since that would give Harry an "out" from being a killer of any sort. However, there is that blasted prophecy which says one must die. I suppose I'll say he dies...

5. Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Of course Snape is good! Has been, all along! However, I'm very much afraid that he will have to die in some sort of sacrificial way to pave the final path to Voldemort for Harry... ... which will be how it is finally confirmed to Harry that he really is good. (Just had a thought, though -- wouldn't it be a kicker if Lupin and Pettigrew die, and so all the old "school chums" of Harry's parents are gone, and Snape lives and so is the only "tie" to his parents that is left to Harry? I'm having a hard time seeing Snape take the Sirius role, but hey, it would definitely be different and unexpected!)

6. Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? It has something to do with the original events at Godric's Hollow and ties in with whatever it was that caused Snape to convert over to the side of the Order. Likely has to do with Snape's relationship with Lily. Could possibly have something to do with whatever it was that Dumbledore was "re-living" when he drank the potion in the cave -- did Snape assist him when that terrible thing, whatever it was, happened?

7. Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? I think it will have to do with her relationship with Snape.

8. Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Hogwarts will be open. Harry will return to the school. JKR said the seven books represent the seven years of a Hogwarts education, so I'm sticking with that.

9. Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Well, Dumbledore says Hufflepuff's cup, and Nagini the snake, and Slytherin's locket. Definitely the locket, based on the UK adult cover. I guess I'll be boring and say something of Ravenclaw's or Gryffindor's is the missing one -- the tiara in the ROR, I suppose, or maybe a helmet from Gryffindor's suit of armor, if we go by the UK kids' cover. But I would not be at all surprised if JKR is misleading us, and one that we think we already know turns out to be incorrect, and this will play in the final Voldy vs. Harry scene -- big dramatic twist, etc... etc... No new horcruxes, though...

10. Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Sadly, I think Hagrid is probably toast. I am worried for Dobby, too. (Chemyst, I had not thought of Hedwig until you said that, but that worries me too, now! I hope not -- I hate it when they kill the pet!) Possibly Luna, too, I fear -- I can envision a scene with her where she isn't afraid of death because she'll be going on to "the next interesting thing" and she'll see her mother (sniff, sniff...). I can also envision a death scene for Lupin which shows him finally at peace from his torment of being a werewolf -- that would probably happen early on in the book. For the bad guys, I think Voldy will kill either Lucius or Narcissa and that will be a reason for Draco to unite with Harry against Voldemort. Pettigrew is gone for sure, as is Fenrir Greyback, killed by Lupin. Good chance that Bellatrix gets killed by Neville, but I hate to see him "tarnished" by using an Unforgivable. Maybe he'll chase her until she accidentally falls into a pit of Devil's Snare or something -- that would be a good tie-in with his herbology... Wow, this is turning into quite a bloodbath now that I look back on it...

MickeyCee, who the heck is Quark? (I can only think of some Star Trek character... )

- - - - - - - - - -
MickeyCee3948 - Apr 9, 2007 3:04 pm (#20 of 80)

Madam Pince I was thinking of Hagrid's half brother(sorry for the sp).

Chemyst I really like your survival theory. A great tie in with the "glint in Dumbledore's eye".

Mickey

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Apr 9, 2007 5:18 pm (#21 of 80)

LOL, Mickey -- I've gotcha now! I was wracking my brain there for awhile trying to figure out what it was I'd missed! Yes, I'm wondering about Grawpy, too, actually. I can see him getting killed during a giant battle, and Hagrid going off in a roaring rage to try to avenge him, and perhaps that could be how Hagrid winds up dead, too? I can't say I'll be sorry to see Grawp go, but I will be very distressed if Hagrid goes. I really am expecting it, though. It will be a big catalyst for Harry's final confrontation with Voldemort, I think. Hagrid is truly Harry's oldest friend in the magical world.

- - - - - - - - - -
Ludicrous Patents Office - Apr 9, 2007 7:34 pm (#22 of 80)

Madame Pince I think it will be the other way around: Hagrid will die and Grawpy will go on a rampage.

Excellent post Chemyst. LPO

- - - - - - - - - -
journeymom - Apr 9, 2007 7:37 pm (#23 of 80)

Chemyst, that's bloody brilliant. I love it! "It very nicely handles the gleam in Dumbledore's eye, the shared blood, the "but in essence divided" quote..." Agreed, Pince. Though if a horcrux is what keeps Harry alive, will that make him immortal?

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Apr 9, 2007 9:37 pm (#24 of 80)

Not if he then destroys the horcrux. Oooo, what if it really is his scar? And he gets rid of it, and that's why the last word of the book is "scar?" Now I'm all a-twitter...

Wait, he couldn't carry his scar in a bag around his neck. Never mind...

LPO, you could be right about Grawp/Hagrid. Either are good possibilities...

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Apr 9, 2007 9:59 pm (#25 of 80)

Just a quick comment Chemyst I love your final resolution prediction for Voldemort and Harry.

I would also add that Voldemort will attempt to kill Harry, Voldemort will inadvetently destroy himself in a sense because, the force of the curse will destroy the final Horcrux that Harry is wearing around his neck but, but by transferring some f Harry's blood into himself Voldemort will give Harry the means to survive.

I think Hagrid, Lucius, Umbridge, Greyback, and Bellatrix will die.

- - - - - - - - - -
geauxtigers - Apr 10, 2007 6:06 pm (#26 of 80)

Yum!
OOOhh this is fun! I'm going to save myself a copy of this so that I'll always know what I thought would happen before it comes out! I didn't really read all of the posts because I don't want to start second guessing what I think. I'll post my gut answers and then go back and read everyone else's! Here goes!

Harry: Will he live or die? Harry will live. He will vanquish Voldemort with the power the Dark Lord knows not, which is love.

Ron: Will he live or die? Hmmm, I really don't know. I want him and Hermione to survive because, well they have to get married! So I guess he will live, but I won't be surprised in the least if he sacrifices himself for Harry or Hermione.

Hermione: Will she live or die? I think she'll live, but like I said before, I won't be shocked if she sacrifices herself in the war.

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Die, I think, but as I said before, he won't be AK'ed, just destroyed somehow with love.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Snape is good. Trust Snape, Dumbledore trusted Snape and I trust Dumbledore, therefore I trust Snape. But I think he will die. I'm pretty sure he's a goner. He'll die to save Harry or one of the Trio. He might be mean and nasty on the outside, but deep down, he's a good guy, and there is a reason he killed Dumbledore, but all those theories would take to much room here!

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I have no clue to be honest. But clearly there is a very good reason for it.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? Hmm I think we are going to learn something more about the Evans family. Don't really know what, I haven't spent a whole lot of time stewing over it, but it'll be something to do with her family. There's more to Petunia than meets the eye. Oh yes, her eyes! There's something about those eyes as we all know, but I think there is more to it than what we've come up with here.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Hogwarts will be open, at least initially as I can see it closing early or something if the war gets really bad. People will want their kids home with them. Harry will return to school, going to lesson and finishing his education. The biggest reason for him returning, is that Hogwarts is his greatest resource. He has the safety of the castle, possible Horcrux hidden there, teachers to help him, Dumbledore's portrait to help as well as all the other headmaster's portraits, the library and most importantly he has his friends. He'd be an idiot not to go back.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Okay we have 1. Diary; 2. ring 3. Locket; 4. Hufflepuff's cup; 5. Ravenclaw Relic; 6. Nagini; 7. Something of Gryffindor's, I just don't know what. Voldemort hasn't made any new Horcruxes. He's too arrogant to think that anyone else will destroy them.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? I hate to say it, but Hagrid is a goner. Greyback will be killed by Peter in order to save Harry's life. Thats the life debt he owes Harry. Wormtail will die too, Lucious Malfoy, Bella, sadly either Neville or Luna. Flitwick, Arthur Weasley Sad, and Kreature. I'm sure this can't be all of them, but I hope its less. Some of these I don't want to die, but I just have this feeling they will. Hagrid especially.

- - - - - - - - - -
essie125 - Apr 11, 2007 5:41 am (#27 of 80)

Journeymom Wink You are right about Ron and what you said about other bookseries, but I think JKR knows about those theories by now and I would not put it past her to surprise us once again.

Chemyst I love you theory about LV/Harry and your Snape/Harry theory. When I read your LV/Harry prediction it reminded me of the whole Harry is a horcrux theory, Maybe by using Harry's blood in the potion and scaring him (again) in the process, LV has unknowingly destroyed the horcrux that was in Harry.

madam Pince I'm with you on the Ron/Hermione 'ship all the way, they are so meant to be together

geauxtigers There are only 6 horcruxes, LV has split his soul in 7 parts and one of those parts remains in his own body. So it is either something from Ravenclaw and something from Griffindor or something from Ravenclaw/Griffindor and Nagini. Still I don't think Nagini is a horcrux.

ON THE PREDICTED DEATHS Very Happy Didn't JKR said that there would be one major death in the final book? What chracters can we see as major characters?

- - - - - - - - - -
mona amon - Apr 11, 2007 5:54 am (#28 of 80)

I'm an optimist.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Good. To me Severus is so dark, complex, and star crossed that he could almost be a character out of a Shakesperean tragedy, so I guess he is doomed.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I dont think it will be anything we haven't already guessed. He has known him since the age of eleven, and must have known there was good in him, even when he became a DE. Surely Snape was the one who informed Dumbledore about Voldemort being after the Potters, a very good reason to trust him.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? I think we will learn more about her sacrifice and how it saved her son. I have a feeling there is a bit more to it than JKR has told us so far.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? I think Hogwarts won't open, because Voldemort will take over the school. Harry will go back to find a horcrux or defeat LV or something like that.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? No new horcruxes. The diary, the ring, Sytherin's locket, Hufflepuff's cup, Nagini. For the sixth horcrux I'm guessing the tarnished tiara in the RoR.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Just can't guess!

- - - - - - - - - -
Soul Mate for Sirius - Apr 11, 2007 10:52 am (#29 of 80)

Counting the days until 6/20/09....
Chemyst- I LOVE your theory on the final solution between Harry and LV, but I'd feel kind of cheated if they're behind the veil (I know this is a popular theory, but I've given my reasons on the Book 7 thread). On the other hand, I don't like your prediction that Hedwig will die!! :sad: I just wouldn't be able to handle that. She's Harry's greatest companion and the only one who was there even at PD.

Anyway, on to my predictions...

Harry: Will he live or die? I'm really torn on this one. I really think that if Harry dies, it will be somewhat cliche and way too much for fans to handle. On the other hand, I really don't know what else there is for Harry after LV's gone. I mean, he's got Ginny and the Weasley's and Ron, but his whole life has been defined by his connection to LV and the war. How do you move on from that?

Ron: Will he live or die? Again I'm torn. I think Ron will sacrifice himself for Harry, (thus tieing in the chess game foreshadowing) but that he will not end up dead. I think he will appear dead, and we're going to be left thinking he's dead for awhile, because Harry and anyone else there will have to move on right away to continue the battle, but that once everything clears, he'll be alive. Thus finishing up the chess game forshadowing. In SS, Harry and Hermione have to leave Ron behind without knowing if he's okay. For all they know, that chess peice killed him. But, then Hermione goes back and they find his sacrifice didn't kill him!!

Hermione: Will she live or die? Hermione's got to live. In my eyes, Hermione is the balancing force to Harry and in many cases everyone else they hang out with. She's the one who takes her time and checks her facts and takes care of the guys. I really think that without Hermione, Harry, and to a greater extent, Ron, would be completely lost and hopeless.

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? I'm with those on the "fate worse than death" wagon. I don't think Harry can become a murderer, not if he is going to continue to be the "Anti-LV". For awhile I was of the opinion that maybe Snape would step in at the last minute and kill LV for Harry, dieing in the process, but proving to everyone he was good all along. But know I feel that no one else can kill LV, it just won't happen. It seems that the only wizard who ever stood a chance at getting the best of LV in a duel was DD, and now the only person left with the power to distroy him is Harry, because of their connection. So...I guess what I'm saying is that LV probably won't die properly, because Harry won't kill, but he'll suffer "a fate worse then death" which seems a perfectly ironic end to a man so oppsessed with immortality.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? While I no longer think Snape will step in and kill LV for Harry, I do still believe Snape is good and that he will have to die. I just can't let myself believe that DD was wrong about Snape. I mean, I know DD is human, but we've been shown he's not perfect through his mistakes with his treatment of Harry in OotP, so it's not neccessary to show us again through a mistrust in Snape. I also feel that there's always been much much more to Snape then meets the eye, and that we're going to get a lot of information about him in DH.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I agree that it won't be for some reason we haven't already speculated about, but I also feel that it's more complicated then just that Snape warned DD about LV looking for the Potters.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? I think it will have something to do with the events that happened at Godric's Hollow and more about her family and her relationship with James. I don't think it will have anything to do with Snape though. I just can't believe the theory that there was anything between them, from either side. I also think we're gonna learn more about why Harry's got her eyes.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? I'm with those who think Hogwarts will be open, at least at first, and that Harry will return. Harry has to be at school. He can't stay at PD and put the Dursley's in danger, and the rest of the Order is bound to be very busy now that DD's gone, so staying at #12 seems pointless. Hogwarts is where everything and everyone is. He'll have access to the the library, the enitre castle, DD's portrait, his friends, McGonagall, Hagrid, Dobby and the rest of the house elves, the forest and all it's creatures, and many other things he'll need.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? I agree there are no new horcruxes. I think LV is way too arrogant to think DD and Harry have destroyed any others besides the diary (I could be wrong, but I didn't think he knew yet about DD destroying the ring) and too preoccupied to bother. So, that leaves: The diary (destroyed), the ring(destroyed), Sytherin's locket(I think we're gonna be seeing that locket from #12 again...perhaps around Harry's neck on the U.S. cover?), Hufflepuff's cup (Perhaps at the Malfoy's? But then again, after letting the diary get destroyed, I'm not positive LV's going to trust the Mr. Malfoy with anything important again), Nagini (perhaps, I like the idea of one from each founder, but I don't think LV could have gotten close enough to any Gryffndor relic thanks to DD (who I think may hail from the same family as Godric himself) so I'm thinking he used Nagini instead) and finally, the Ravenclaw relic, the tiara (but, unlike some, I don't think it's the one in the RoR, I think that's going to be a red herring. I think Molly's got it. I think the tiara she offers to Fleur at the end of HBP for the wedding is going to be the one we're looking for, and that perhaps Molly a decendent of Ravenclaw.)

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? This is the part I've been dreading! I don't want to think about it. While Hagrid seems a likely canidate, I can't bear the thought. Ohter likely canidates to me are: Snape as I stated earlier, Bellatrix, Draco, Greyback, perhaps Lupin, one of the Weasley men (I'm actually thinking Percy perhaps), Pettigrew, and...wait for it...Hermione's parents! I think we've seen too little of them thus far, and I think, considering Hermione's so close to Harry, and her parents are Muggles, they're going to be targets for LV in an attempt to get at Harry.

Okay, I know that all was really long-winded, but at least I've got it all out now and I can relax!!

-Jenn

- - - - - - - - - -
geauxtigers - Apr 11, 2007 11:28 am (#30 of 80)

Yum!
geauxtigers There are only 6 horcruxes, Right you are! I knew I was messing something up because the numbers weren't working out right! So I'm going to scratch my Gryffindor's relic horcrux and I'd also like to add that I think the tiara in the Room of Requirements is a likely candidate for Ravenclaw's relic, but I'm not going to bet my life on it

- - - - - - - - - -
journeymom - Apr 11, 2007 5:05 pm (#31 of 80)

Essie- this is open to interpretation. I believe JKR said there would be one MORE major death in Deathly Hallows than she origionally planned for, 14 years ago. Two people got a reprieve that she initially planned to kill off.

- - - - - - - - - -
essie125 - Apr 12, 2007 2:27 am (#32 of 80)

copied that geauxtigers Very Happy

thanx Journeymom Oh, I'm so curious to find out who is going to make it and who isn't.

I'm glad i startyed this thread, it's fun and easy.

- - - - - - - - - -
wynnleaf - Apr 12, 2007 9:56 am (#33 of 80)

I believe JKR said there would be one MORE major death in Deathly Hallows than she origionally planned for, 14 years ago. Two people got a reprieve that she initially planned to kill off. (journeymom)

Sorry, but I think you turned that around the wrong way.

JKR said:

"A couple of characters I expected to survive have died and one character got a reprieve."

In other words, since JKR always intended some characters to die, there were two additional characters that died than she had originally intended. And one character that she had originally thought would die, got a reprieve.

As you can see, this does not tell us how many major characters die. Since she has always said characters would die, I think we have to assume that more than the "two additional characters" will die in the book.

- - - - - - - - - -
journeymom - Apr 12, 2007 10:26 am (#34 of 80)

Yes, indeed, wynnleaf! Thanks for catching that. I guess I'm a wishful thinking kind of gal.

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Apr 12, 2007 2:02 pm (#35 of 80)

"Cauldron half full...", one might say...

- - - - - - - - - -
essie125 - Apr 14, 2007 9:22 am (#36 of 80)

journeymom I love your pic, beautiful

But to get back on topic, what do you think happened to Olivander and Florian Fortescue

- - - - - - - - - -
MickeyCee3948 - Apr 14, 2007 11:11 am (#37 of 80)

In Dumbledore's witness protection program.

Mickey

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Apr 14, 2007 6:26 pm (#38 of 80)

Captured by Voldemort and currently being interrogated. Ollivander to find a solution to the "dueling wands" problem, and Fortescue because of some link to the former Hogwarts headmaster Fortescue, who perhaps has some information about the relic of either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor which was used for a horcrux, or possibly a secret entrance into Hogwarts.

Is it just me, or does anyone else always type "horcrus" the first time when you're trying to type "horcrux?" So annoying...

- - - - - - - - - -
wynnleaf - Apr 15, 2007 9:29 am (#39 of 80)

Madam Pince,

I'm going to guess that maybe Voldemort has one, and DD's wizard protection program has the other. After DD offered to hide Draco and his mother, I think we're likely to find DD had at least several people hidden over the years. Fortescue and Ollivander might not both be hidden by DD, but I imagine at least one will be.

- - - - - - - - - -
freshwater - Apr 15, 2007 3:31 pm (#40 of 80)

Connections, speculation, discussion: the best part of HP reading! Check out the on-going HP Lex Forum series re-read! Currently reading GoF...
From the live/die list given in the first post ....I believe only Harry will live (for my reasoning, see my today's post on the "predictions for book 7" thread).

On the "to die" list I'd place Ron, Hermione, and Snape (extended explanations for these deaths are in my lengthy post of today on the "Predictions for Book 7" thread and the most recent poll thread).

Originally I'd have put LV on the "to die" list also, --"Duh!"-- but am now persuaded by some of the above posts that LV's fate will be one "worse than death" in his mind....something like being condemned to Muggle lifestyle indefinately --sort of the way a ghost hangs around: not really living and not really dead-- without any magical powers or ability to do harm in any other way --important detail for his muggle neighbors given his evil tendencies.

Snape is good....based on my recent discovery of the theory that Irma Pince is Snape's mother (although I think it is more likely that she is his wife!).....see "Eileen Prince" thread for more info.

Dumbledore has placed his trust in Severus due to Snape's desire to keep his mother --or wife-- safeguarded from LV at Hogwarts.

Lily: I believe we will learn that Lily --brilliant potions student that she was, according to Slughorn-- used a combination of ancient magic + her mother love + a potion she invented to ensure the survival of Harry. Maybe this potion will turn out to be Felx Felicis...it would explain why Lily ran to Harry (to give him a dose of the potion) instead of standing with James to battle LV. Perhaps this magic/love/potion combo will be part of what helps Harry to survive again.

Hogwarts: at first I thought that Hogwarts would stay closed and Harry/Ron/Hermione would roam the countryside seeking and destroying horcruxes....but now I think that Hogwarts will reopen and H/R/H will return to school because some of the horcruxes will be found IN Hogwarts....see horcrux ideas below for more info....

Horcruxes will be 1) diary --symbolizing the power of the written word(destroyed), 2) the ring w/Peverall (sp?) coat of arms --symbolizing the importance of family and heritage(destroyed), 3) Slytherin's locket --symbolizing hidden motives, 4) Hufflepuff's cup --symbolizing service, 5)something of Ravenclaw's symbolizng her intellect...a quill or cauldron or a book....maybe a book she wrote....maybe **gasp** "Hogwarts: A History" charmed to update itself indefinately...poor Hermione will have a hard time destroying that one!, 6) something of Gryffindor's --symbolizing his bravery and honor....not the sword, it's too hard to get to in DD's office...maybe his chainmail or helmet or breastplate....cleverly hidden in plain sight as one of the many coats of armor in Hogwarts!...isn't the French word for "love" something like "armour"? Finally, I believe DD was wrong about Nagini being a horcrux...he did admit he can be spectacularly wrong, also, having a live animal as the repository of a part of your soul is too risky........Finally, I believe LV is aware of the destruction of the diary, and so has made a new horcrux in the last two years since regaining a body. Discovering /what/ this newest horcrux could be, where it is, and how to destroy it will lend additional mystery and difficulty to the tasks of book 7 (as if H/R/H needed that!).

Deaths: Ron, Hermione, Snape, Peter Pettigrew, and Charlie Weasley....for my reasons see my /lengthy/ post on the "predictions for book 7" thread or the "polls" thread.

- - - - - - - - - -
Ludicrous Patents Office - Apr 16, 2007 7:04 pm (#41 of 80)

maybe a book she wrote....maybe **gasp** "Hogwarts: A History" charmed to update itself indefinately...poor Hermione will have a hard time destroying that one! Freshwater

LOL. I'm not sure she will be able to destroy it! Maybe that is where Dobby will come in, since enslavement of the house elves is completely ignored in Hogwarts a History. LPO

- - - - - - - - - -
essie125 - Apr 19, 2007 2:17 am (#42 of 80)

Haha,

I can't see Hermione destroying a version of Hogwarts: A History.

Personally I think Dumbledore was responsible for the 'disappearance' of Mr. Olivander. I would not put it past him to have hid Mr. Olivander from Lord Voldemort after he heard about the Priori Incantatem. Just like he got Horace Slughorn out of retirement to keep him safe at Hogwarts.

But, Florian Fortescue I have no idea what either Lord Voldemort or Dumbledore would want with him. Was the headmaster called Fortescue from Ravenclaw?

- - - - - - - - - -
frogface - Apr 19, 2007 10:21 am (#43 of 80)

Harry: Will he live or die? Not totally sure but I think he'll live.

Ron: Will he live or die? Ron will live!

Hermione: Will she live or die? Hermione will live!

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? He'll be destroyed. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll die, but he won't be around to cause anymore trouble (even as a ghost)

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Snape will prove himself to be good at a crucial moment.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I have no idea but I'm hoping its really going to surprise me.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? Something either to do with Snape, Petunia, or the Department of Mysteries.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Hogwarts will not be a school for most of book 7, although some people will remain. Harry, Hagrid and some others will live there while Harry searches for the Horcruxes. The final show down will either take place at Hogwarts or in Azkaban (which will be Voldemorts new base)

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Not sure

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Other than Voldemort, Hagrid, and Peter. Peter will somehow help Harry (thus proving Dumbledore's theory in PoA correct) and may die from the result. If he doesn't die or help Harry he'll be sent to Azkaban to serve a life sentance.

- - - - - - - - - -
So Sirius - Apr 20, 2007 9:28 am (#44 of 80)

"Just like he got Horace Slughorn out of retirement to keep him safe at Hogwarts."

Essie, you wrote this, but I don't think DD was protecting Sluggy, although he is protected there in a sense, I think DD knew Sluggy was going to be vital to his needs regarding his theories about the horcruxes and Sluggy would also prove to be useful down the line, or at some point when Harry needs them, because of his friendships with the goblins and others who "do him favors" his slug clubbers. Not to mention, but I will, DD needed someone expert in potions so Snape could take over in DADA. So, I don't see his bringing Sluggy in as an act of compassion, really, but as a necessity.

- - - - - - - - - -
mischa fan - Apr 21, 2007 9:28 pm (#45 of 80)

Easy being green, it is not
Harry: Will he live or die? Harry will die.

Ron: Will he live or die? Ron will die

Hermione: Will she live or die? Hermione will die

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Voldemort will die

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Snape will die

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Snape sold out some death eaters to the order to gain Dumbledore's trust, Voldemort gave him the list he wanted Snape to turn in.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? Her eyes had some king of magical properties about them.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Hogwarts will be open, Harry won't return as a student, but will visit there to find a Horcrux.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Voldemort won't make any horcruxes, Harry will find one horcrux at Hogwarts in the trophy room.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Molly will die, George will die, Lupin will die and Tonks will die.

- - - - - - - - - -
MickeyCee3948 - Apr 22, 2007 8:48 am (#46 of 80)

mischa fan - Will ANYONE live?

Mickey

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Apr 22, 2007 11:00 am (#47 of 80)

Jim, Jim, Jim....

My but we've missed you! It's so good to hear your cheery optimism again! Welcome back!

- - - - - - - - - -
freshwater - Apr 22, 2007 6:42 pm (#48 of 80)

Connections, speculation, discussion: the best part of HP reading! Check out the on-going HP Lex Forum series re-read! Currently reading GoF...
A horcrux in the trophy room......verrrrry interesting. It would, of course, be the trophy awarded to Tom M. Riddle for services for the school? Hmmmmm..... another example of hiding it in plain sight.

- - - - - - - - - -
Robert Dierken - Apr 22, 2007 7:24 pm (#49 of 80)

Mark Evans will live.

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Apr 28, 2007 5:35 pm (#50 of 80)

OK, I know we are not supposed to post frivolous "I agree" type posts, but that is just too funny...

ROFL, Robert Dierken!
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Predictions List: 10 Quick and Easy Topics (Post 51 to 80)

Post  Elanor on Sat May 21, 2011 2:41 am

Mrs Brisbee - May 1, 2007 5:40 am (#51 of 80)
Harry: Will live.

Ron: Will live.

Hermione: Will live (count me among the optimists)

Lord Voldemort: Die, die, die, die, die, die, die.

Snape: Rowling spent so much time setting him up as the jerk who nonetheless works for the side of Good that his turning on Dumbledore really surprised me. As I can't see any satisfactory explanation for his actions, I'll go with Evil, and he will die.

Dumbledore: Probably because he was the one who tipped off the Order that there was a spy close to the Potters, and that Voldemort had marked Harry for death.

Lily: I hope it is something really interesting. So far Adult Lily is bland compared to Child Lily. She is the Sacrificial Mother and James's Wife, but hasn't been given anything of her own. I used to think Snape had a crush on her but now that is just as bland-- Snape's Love Interest is more an important thing we would learn about Snape than Lily, and Lily just be a plot point again. Maybe we will learn that Lily was Nicolas Flamel's newest apprentice, and somehow the plot of DH will tie back into the plot of PS/SS.

Hogwarts: I'll go with open. Harry will return to Hogwarts, but not as a student until Voldemort is vanquished.

Horcruxes: Diary, Ring, Cup, Locket, Something of Ravenclaw's, Nagini, Accidental-Horcrux-Like Harry. Voldemort thinks only the Diary has been destroyed, so he is working on a way to remove the soulbit from Harry and put it in a proper Horcrux so he'll have seven existing pieces of soul (or so he thinks, because he doesn't know the ring has been destroyed).

Deaths: Lots of people on both sides will die.

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - May 3, 2007 4:53 pm (#52 of 80)

Me kayaking, Niagara River, August 2006. I have been likened to Reepicheep in this photo.

Ron: live

Hermione: live

Lord Voldemort: Worse than death, I'm hoping for DD at the end of OoP to ring true.

Snape: Good, die

Why did Dumbledore trust Snape?: See Madam Pince's Was It Snape At Godric's Hollow That Night? theory. Snape had come to warn Lily that Voldemort was approaching because Snape had some degree of infatuation with Lily, and DD knew of this.

Lily: I think the Snape/Lily relationship is the most important thing.

Hogwarts: Open, Harry won't return until he's finished his quest.

Horcruxes: Not really sure, but let's start with the obvious: Diary, Ring, Locket, Cup, Nagini, Ravenclaw something (I'm almost sure we haven't seen whatever this thing is yet)…

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Hagrid, maybe Dobby, Pettigrew, Draco, Ollivander, Mrs. Figg, Greyback… and many, many more!

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - May 3, 2007 9:50 pm (#53 of 80)

***pats Finn fondly on the head*** My little apprentice...

- - - - - - - - - -
Vox Gerbilis - May 6, 2007 12:44 pm (#54 of 80)

Harry: Will he live or die? Live.

Ron: Will he live or die? Could go either way, but lately I'm predicting he will die.

Hermione: Will she live or die? Live.

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Die.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? He's good, and he will sacrifice his life to defeat LV.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? DD was just sure of his own judgment.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? Something concerning her relationship with Petunia.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? It will be open, and Harry will attend, but leave frequently to pursue the horcruxes and, ultimately, LV.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Harry's scar, the locket, the Hufflepuff cup, and something of Ravenclaw's.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Neville (sob), Hagrid, and Percy.

- - - - - - - - - -
gankomon - May 11, 2007 12:24 pm (#55 of 80)

I posted a truncated prediction recently over on the Predictions for Book Seven thread. However, allow me to expand somewhat on that with essie's convenient list:

Harry: Hopefully live- at this stage it could go either way.

Hermione: Live

Lord Voldemort: Die

Snape: Ambiguously good. And I doubt he survives.

Dumbledore: Snape's reasons for turning against Voldemort obviously convinced Dumbledore, thus they must have been deep. Otherwise, not enough evidence at this stage.

Lily: How her death affected Snape, and why Voldemort would have let her live.

Hogwarts: Harry will not return to school as a student, but may return due to his quest. Hogwarts will remain open, though the student population may drop somewhat.

Horcruxes: Cup, Locket, Nagini. The last horcrux we will find as something that has been under our nose the entire series.

Deaths: Hmmm, difficult. At least one of Harry's friends, though not Ron or Hermione. Possibly Luna or Neville. If Ginny is killed, Harry will not survive either. We will also see or hear of some more of the Order members killed. Hagrid? well....I would not be surprised either way, but I hope he survives.

Those are my predictions, for what they are worth. And if I am completely incorrect, I shall enjoy a hearty guffaw at my lack of prescience and my temerity in trying to predict an author's decisions.

UPDATE: I suggest that once Book Seven has been released, we revisit this thread or create a new one to analyze the accuracy (or lack thereof) of our respective predictions.

Regards,

gankomon
-----------------
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.
- Number 6

- - - - - - - - - -
xray - May 22, 2007 4:40 pm (#56 of 80)

Hermione will work in Fred & George's Joke Shop after Hogwarts
Harry: Live. Will attend Hogwarts, but may start a few days late, a week at the most.
Ron: Live. Will be head boy and this will be his book. DH = confident, strong, leader Ron.
Hermione: Live. No major changes.
Lord Voldemort: Die!
Snape: Die, but will be redeemed; Voldemort's enemy; loved Lily.
Dumbledore: Knew he was dying; ordered Snape to the DADA job knowing it was cursed; Snape's rebellion was part of the plan.
Lily: Casted a non-verbal charm to protect Harry which helped him absorb Voldemort's powers. Friends with Snape.
Hogwarts: Business as usual.
Horcruxes: 3. Slytherin's locket, 4. Huffelpuff's cup, 5. something of Ravenclaw's, 6. Lord Voldemort's own wand. Deaths: I think LV, Snape, Draco. No Weasleys will die.

Dudley: Harry's gonna get him good.

- - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - May 23, 2007 5:00 am (#57 of 80)

Practically perfect in every way
Harry: Will he live or die? - Live

Ron: Will he live or die? - Live

Hermione: Will she live or die? - Live

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? - Die

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? - Good - Die (sorry)

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? because DD has hidden his mother (Madam Pince) for a number of years.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? her charmwork was soooo good that she used deep magic, and this is the key to it all, she was the descent of Godric Gryffindor not James, muggle parents, but some connection way back - hence the red hair (not that we know that GG had red hair - but why not!) - something about her eyes too.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? hogwarts will be open but no Harry as Student - at least not until the end of the book, maybe after vanquishing the dark lord he will go back to finish - more interestingly will studious Hermione go back and finish? or assist her friend? if (see 10) occurs - she will not return to school as a student either.
Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? well the diary and the ring are gone, there is a bit in LV himself, so the reamining four... HH's cup, SS's locket, nagini, ravenclaw artifact, as yet undeclared as such - but I wonder if we have already "met it"

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Hermione's parents, Luna, Tonks, Bella, Malfoy snr, Greyback, Charley Weasley, Viktor Krum, Kreacher

- - - - - - - - - -
journeymom - May 23, 2007 4:18 pm (#58 of 80)

Who else do you think will die? Hermione's parents Bite your tongue!

- - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - May 24, 2007 7:18 am (#59 of 80)

Practically perfect in every way
I think it highly likely journeymom, Hermione is still relatively untouched by LV - her unsuspecting parents are a sitting target for deatheaters who want to injure the OOTP.and lets face it - I know that she is still young , but she is an exceptional witch who will come to their note very soon. She is unlikely to be persuaded to join the DE's (duh!) so go after her - potentially through her parents. I dont wish them dead - I just see that as muggles they are evry bit as in danger as any of the Durslels, more so, Harry can't stand his relatives!

Hermiones parents may expect her to finish school, "I just have to take a year out to help Harry" is unlikely to wash - however if they are killed, she will want vengeance of her own and therefore be spurred on to stay with Harry, rather than being torn between Harry and her parents wishes. just my two knuts anyway!!!!

- - - - - - - - - -
journeymom - May 24, 2007 10:39 am (#60 of 80)

Oh, I agree it's a possibility, just a horrible one, and I think a slim one. Heaven knows it's been a plot point in hundred's of Hermione-centric fan fictions.

Not to imply that Hermione doesn't care about her parent's wishes, or that they are neglectful of their parental responsibilities, but Hermione seems pretty independent and autonomous. She's stayed with Harry and Ron on more than one Holiday, rather than go home to her parents.

- - - - - - - - - -
Gatorgrad1991 - May 24, 2007 11:11 am (#61 of 80)

Harry: Lives

Ron: Lives

Hermione: Lives

Lord Voldemort: Hmmmmm, I think the fact that Dumbledore talked about things worse than death may be significant.

Snape: Fundamentally good, but more than anything else out for what benefits him. He's not on one side or the other, but on HIS side. Oh, and dead.

Dumbledore: As much as it gripes my liver it probably has something to do with Snape and Lily's relationship.

Lily: Something about Snape's feelings for her and the possibility of hers for him.

Hogwarts: It will open and Harry, Ron and Hermione will be there for part of the year.

Horcruxes: Definitely the Hufflepuff cup. I wonder about that one wand we saw sitting in the window at Ollivander's in PS/SS (Ravenclaw's?). I do NOT believe Harry or his scar is a Horcrux.

Deaths: Hagrid, a Malfoy, at least one Weasley that isn't Ron, Ginny or Arthur, and Luna. I am torn about Neville possibly dieing; I don't want to see it and don't really think it will happen, but I can see the logic in the possibility.

- - - - - - - - - -
virginiaelizabeth - Jun 12, 2007 6:47 pm (#62 of 80)

SPCA : Society for the Promotion of Cat Attire!

Lord Voldemort: He's a goner!

Snape: He's good but he'll die saving Harry

Dumbledore: I'm not really sure, but I think it has something to do with the events that lead up to and the aftermath of Godric's Hollow.

Lily: NOt sure, but it'll have something to do with her eyes maybe?

Hogwarts: It'll be open and Harry will return.

Horcruxes: Ring, cup, locket, Nagini, Possibly the tiara from the RoR and the wand in Ollivanders. I can't remember what else...I need to catch up on the horcrux thread!

Deaths: I think Hagrid's a goner as much as I hate to say it.

- - - - - - - - - -
wingardio leviosa - Jun 12, 2007 11:17 pm (#63 of 80)

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Good, die

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Because LV killed his parents (possibly for an Horcrux)

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? She 'thrice defied' LV in GH's night, refusing 3 times to stand aside; meaning, LV had chosen Harry for another reason

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Open, yes but won't spend all year there

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? SS's locket (ask Dung); HH's cup (now in Gringotts); RR's tiara (now in RoR); Nagini. No more, he waits to have Harry and GG's Sword.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Good ones: Ginny (most painful), Hagrid, Tonks, Remus, Minerva, Snape, Molly; DE: Peter, Bella, Cissy&husband, ...

- - - - - - - - - -
Erika Gryffindor - Jun 16, 2007 1:17 pm (#64 of 80)

Needs Harry Potter Anonomys
Harry: Will he live or die? LIVE

Ron: Will he live or die? LIVE

Hermione: Will she live or die? LIVe

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? DIE DIE DIE

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? DIE, Im on the fence on his allegence

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? B/c He wanted to believe that snape really did change

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? well with all the references to her eyes, I believe to be more of the "eyes are the windows to our souls" I believe she saw through wormtail, and others and knew what was coming and tried to stop it best she could. I think we will also learn (confirm) the snape issue of them being friendly outside of hogwarts Smile

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Hogwarts will re-open. Harry will not go back

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Well we know the obvious LOCKET, RING, JOURNAL, TEA CUP I suspect Naigini, The others I am unsure of ATM. I believe there to be only 6. I do believe he didn't complete his horcrux with the attempted murder of Harry. But he could have completed it with the death of Lily so I am unsure Wink

Deaths: Who else do you think will die. I believe maybe Mr. Weasley. Perhaps Moody. Percy. LV, Wormtail and SNAPE... lol

- - - - - - - - - -
leelou - Jun 19, 2007 7:19 am (#65 of 80)

Hermione: live

Lord Voldemort: die

Snape: good, live - I think it's just to great story to tell - Harry and Snape relationship especially after DD death and Harry being so dogged hating Snape, and how they will get along when it turn out that Snape is DD man trough and trough:) I hope!

Dumbledore:Why did he trust Snape? It must have something to do with Lily but I am not convinced that Snape was in love with her

Lily: seems to me that it was quite important what she did for a living

Hogwarts: open, Harry won't be there all the time

Horcruxes: ring,diary,locket,cup,nagini, and I thought about Goblet of Fire(maybe it's Gryffindor's-his element is fire after all)

Deaths: one of the Weasleys-Ginny most likely, Wormtail, maybe Neville

- - - - - - - - - -
Amelie Ferrer - Jun 23, 2007 2:35 pm (#66 of 80)

Snape: Good. Will live

Dumbledore: I think he trusted Snape because I believe Snape is to be trusted

Lily: I think that there is so much more to learn but i don't know what. I think maybe Snape may have been in love with her at school.

Hogwarts: Will be open. I think Harry will return, possibly not for lessons but i think he will return at some point. We cannot have an entire last book without one visit to Hogwarts!

Horcruxes: I don't know

Deaths: I have a feeling Hagrid may die

- - - - - - - - - -
vball man - Jun 26, 2007 9:08 pm (#67 of 80)

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot loose. - Jim Elliot
He'll "die" like he has in all the books.

Unknown.

Unknown.

Die.

Good.

Because he knew that Snape was bound by a debt to Lily.

Above

open...dunno

Parhaps Harry's scar...dunno.

Hagrid - 99% sure.

- - - - - - - - - -
Gooner11 - Jun 28, 2007 2:21 pm (#68 of 80)

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Die. he has to if anyone is going to survive.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Good. Dies

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I think he trusted Snape because he was in love with Lily. DD thinks that love is the most powerful "magic" and that love will help Snape stay on the good side.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? Really don't know.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Open and Harry returns because of a Horcrux.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Don't know wich objects will be Horcruxes but I definetly don't think that LV has made a new one.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Moody, Percy, Bellatrix, Wormtail, Hagrid.

- - - - - - - - - -
Viola Intonada - Jun 29, 2007 7:54 am (#69 of 80)

Harry: Will he live or die? Unfortunately, I think he will die

Ron: Will he live or die? live

Hermione: Will she live or die? live

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? die

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? He is good and he will live

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Because he knew Snape loved Lily and love is greater than evil

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? Lily somehow used her Occulamency powers so that Voldemort (unintentionally) made Harry his last Horcrux

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? Hogwarts will be open and Harry will return periodically because he needs Ron and Hermione's help. Ron and Hermione will return to Hogwarts

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? I think Harry is a Horcrux as is Nagini.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Not sure.

- - - - - - - - - -
Hagsquid - Jul 3, 2007 4:05 pm (#70 of 80)

This is me listening to OoP for the umteenth time.
This is a good topic. Smile

Harry: Lives.

Ron: Lives.

Hermione: Lives.

Lord Voldemort: Dies.

Snape: Evil. Dies.

Dumbledore: He didn't. He only said that he trusted Snape because he needed LV to think, nay *know*, that he was able to fool DD. At no time was DD ever fooled though. He knew Snape was going to kill him. He lives time in reverse.

Lily: She's not dead. Her soul is stored inside of Harry. That's how the protection charm works. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a character the day Harry turns seventeen, and the protection ends. It also wouldn't surprise me one bit to discover that she's taken the form of Hedgwig until such a time. What do we really know about Hedgwig anyway? She may very well have not been bought, and Hagrid may have had her in one of his pockets.

Hogwarts: I think the book will end with them going back for seventh year. They might miss half of it though.

Horcruxes: No new Horcruxes. I think: The Ring, Ravenclaw's Tiaria, Diary, Godric's Sword, Locket, and Helga's cup.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Malfoy, Umbridge, and Fudge.

Okay, so most of these were outlandish guesses. Sue me. I don't think there's anyway to predict what will happen in book seven. It'll be a whole new cast with no way to predict what's going to happen, and a bunch of Deus Ex Machina to save the day as per usual. Razz

MERLIN'S BEARD! Have you guys ever considered a "Preview Post" so I don't have to edit fifty times to get the html right? ^^

- - - - - - - - - -
Esther Rose - Jul 5, 2007 10:45 am (#71 of 80)

Harry: Will "love" (Is 'immortal' because he already died.)

Ron: Will live

Hermione: Will live

Lord Voldemort: Will "die" (Is immortal until his horcruxes are destroyed.)

Snape: Bad. Will die.

Dumbledore: Trusts Snape because like Draco he was given the opportunity to kill Dumbledore but did not.

Lily: That she was also a Seer.

Hogwarts: Will remain open but only after a lengthy Wizengamot Debate. Lupin will not let Harry leave Hogwarts without completing his education.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Diary, Ring, Locket, Cup, Nagini, Ravenclaw Tiara, and Harry's scar.

Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? No, he has better things to do right now. He will make another Horcrux once he sees Harry dead.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Molly and Arthur Weasley.

- - - - - - - - - -
Madame Pomfrey - Jul 7, 2007 11:45 am (#72 of 80)

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Death is his worst fear,so Death!

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? He is Evil,but will be redeemed in the end.He will die in the process

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Dumbledore knew of his relationship with Lily.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? She was friends with Snape and a Gryffindor heir.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? I think it will be open initially but will have to close maybe mid book.Voldemort will have taken over.Harry will pop in and out until that time.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Diary,locket,cup,ring,Harry's scar,opal necklace or tiara. No new horcruxes.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Hagrid,Percy,Fudge,Umbridge. I am tempted to say Mr.&Mrs.Weasley but,the thought is too upsetting..I thought they might be the two Jo thought would live initially. Ron will get the reprieve.

- - - - - - - - - -
Ben T - Jul 15, 2007 3:51 pm (#73 of 80)

Harry: Live.

Ron: Live.

Hermione: Live.

Lord Voldemort: Die.

Snape: Good. Die.

Dumbledore: Snape loved Lilly.

Lily: Lilly made Harry a horcrux. Also, she broke Snape's heart.

Hogwarts: Open. Yes.

Horcruxes: Diary, ring, locket, cup, Nagini, Voldemort, and Harry. Harry's blood in Voldemort will make Voldemort both the sixth and seventh Horcrux.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Ginny, Draco.

- - - - - - - - - -
Joanna Lupin - Jul 16, 2007 7:28 am (#74 of 80)

Harry: Will he live or die? I'm much hoping he will survive, but it could go either way. He won't come out unscathed but rather as a cripple.

Ron: Will he live or die? Er... I think he'll live - in fact, all Weasleys once rescued by Harry will come to no harm.

Hermione: Will she live or die? I think she might die, though hopefully we can avoid that.

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? He will die as it's his greatest fear, though he definitely deserves something much much worse.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Honestly, I have no idea where his true allegiance lays, but either way, he will die, and if he's on Voldemort's side (through and through) than I hope Harry finishes him off. There might be a third way where Snape hates Dumbledore for trusting the impossible task to 'the arrogant Potter', and wants the glory for himself.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I trust Dumbledore had a cast-iron evidence that Snape could be trusted. Nothing as lame as giving people second chances or undying love for Lily. No idea what though.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? No idea...

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? It will be opened, but Harry won't return as a student.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Cup, locket, snake, and Ravenclaw's relic. If it is indeed the tiara in the Room of Requirement than I bet Voldemort had hidden it while at the job interview with Dumbledore.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Fenrir Greyback (at the hands of Lupin), Bellatrix (Harry and Neville will do it together), Molly (in the hope of saving Percy she will be lured into a trap), Lupin *cries at this point in anguish*, Moody (being old and slow he will die a heroic death in battle), maybe Hagrid

- - - - - - - - - -
TheSaint - Jul 18, 2007 8:21 am (#75 of 80)

Harry: die and live again

Hermione: die,I'm afraid

Lord Voldemort:Fate worse than death so he can spend all his time wishing he were dead.

Snape: die, she won't ever tell

Dumbledore: They plotted the whole thing together

Lily: Worked in the locked room in the Hall of Mysteries.

Hogwarts: closed, Headquarters

Horcruxes: locket, cup, wand and Harry

Deaths: Neville or Luna, Moody, Half the Death Eaters

- - - - - - - - - -
vball man - Jul 18, 2007 8:51 pm (#76 of 80)

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot loose. - Jim Elliot
My main prediction is that Hagrid will die.

I really hope he goes out in a blaze of fighting glory. I think that we say a hint of that during the MoM's attempt to arrest him during OWL's in OoP.

- - - - - - - - - -
zelmia - Jul 19, 2007 4:00 pm (#77 of 80)

Oh! And that's a bad miss!

Ron: Unfortunately, I have always believed that Ron will ultimately be killed since Book 1 and his sacrifice during the Chess Game

Hermione: Live, but with a better sense of purpose (kind of like Kate Winslet in Titanic)

Lord Voldemort: Well he pretty much has to die for Harry's journey to come to an end

Snape: She has written this character so well that she could resolve his arc either way. I have a hard time choosing for him. It seems obvious to me that we are meant to think that he is really a "good guy" (Dumbledore's unwavering trust, etc). But then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
As to whether or not he dies, I suspect that there will come a point when he is close to death, only to have Harry relent of his hatred for Snape and save him.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Because Snape has made an Unbreakable Vow regarding Harry. Or similar.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? Several things. a) That she and Petunia were closer than we think. b) I think the idea that she was a Seer is a good one c) that she and Snape were in Potions class together and that Snape's notes in the textbook came from her suggestions. (Slughorn never says that Harry is as good as the young Severus; only that he is as good as his mother).

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? I think it'll be open and that Harry will return. He has to at least get the Pensieve and all the Memories that Dumbledore put aside for him. Besides, where would Hagrid go?

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? Well the answer to the second part is No. As for what objects are Horcruxes, I'm not sure I was paying attention enough. I don't really think Harry is a Horcrux, but that's a possibility I suppose.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? I think Lupin might be ready to step through the Veil. All of his friends have gone there. And in spite of his new-found love for Tonks, he has this sort of "tired of living" affect throughout HBP. I think he may be ready for the next big adventure.
Other than that I couldn't say

Other Predictions: I have always thought that, at some point, Lucius would voluntarily hand Draco over to Voldemort - or be willing to AK Draco to save himself (the anti-Narcissa). Now that Draco is officially part of the DE organisation, that scenario may yet come to pass.

- - - - - - - - - -
Miss Malaprop - Jul 19, 2007 4:46 pm (#78 of 80)

Harry: Die, but it will be written in an inventive kind of way, like Frodo at the end of LotR.

Ron: Live, please!

Snape: He's a very nasty man, working for the good side. He will die.

Dumbledore: Because Snape once loved Lily

Lily: Don't know

Hogwarts: Closed for a while, but ultimately open again (one of Harry's classmates becomes a teacher)

Horcruxes: Ring, cup, locket, diary, Nagini, Ravenclaw/Gryffindor item. Not Harry because LV went to Godric's Hollow intending to kill him, not create a Horcrux. LV possibly made another Horcrux to replace the diary, but he is not aware that the ring has been destroyed. Harry will have to go Horcrux-hunting in Godric's Hollow, Little Hangleton, the Muggle Orphanage, and Hogwarts.

Deaths: Percy, Molly or Arthur, at least one other Weasley, Hagrid, Wormtail, Moody, at least one member of the Order, perhaps one of Harry's classmates.

- - - - - - - - - -
Mrs. Sirius - Jul 19, 2007 11:06 pm (#79 of 80)

Mom of 4 in serious lurker mode.
Must put this out in public:

Harry lives.

Ron-Hermione Live and commit to one another.

Snape: Sorry Gina, he dies, but he is still working for DD and the Order.

Hagrid dies.

Malfoy: lives, dies, sorry dies

Ginny: has one more opportunity to show/prove/demonstrate love to Harry. More importantly, Harry has the opportunity to have love/show/demonstrate love. (This in a forum friendly though age approiate way)

Dumbledore: His plan was that Snape carry out the plan including his own death.

Percy: dies or comes around.

Harry will be very physically-emotionally damaged, although with love he will be able to carry on past Voldemort.

Voldemort finished.

Wormtail's life debt will be paid with the Godric Hallow secret keeper charm.

Alberforth, he has it.

Aunt Pet and Uncle Vern no improvement or softening even after they are comfronted with Harry's status/position.

Dudly, oh poor abused boy, tsk tsk.

oh one more Bagman. Fred and GEorge really know how to get revenge. wah ha ha

- - - - - - - - - -
Muggle Doctor - Jul 20, 2007 10:36 am (#80 of 80)

Not long to go now - less than six hours to go, so might as well get in.

Harry: Will he live or die? LIVE.

Ron: Will he live or die? UNCERTAIN - see below.

Hermione: Will she live or die? WHATEVER HAPPENS TO RON WILL NOT HAPPEN TO HERMIONE

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? DIE. And if he does not, he will suffer the Dementor's Kiss or some other permanently incapacitating fate from which he can never return.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? GOOD, DIE. (Much as I want him to be bad, and Harry to have been right all along.)

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? UNKNOWN. If Snape is bad, TOO GULLIBLE AND TRUSTING. SHOULD'VE LISTENED TO HARRY.

Lily: What do you think will be the important thing we learn about Lily? DON'T KNOW.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Will Harry return to the school? PROBABLY OPEN - Harry will probably return to talk to Dumbledore's portrait, but if he nominally returns for classes, he will take off again shortly thereafter.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Will LV have made a new Horcrux by now? The seven parts of Voldemort's soul were located as follows: Diary, Ring, Cup, Locket, Nagini, Voldemort himself, (Unknown founder object). I think something of Ravenclaw's, since the sword has up until now remained safe. The diary and the ring have been neutralized. Harry will need to confirm the neutralization of the locket Horcrux (i.e. did RAB actually get around to it?) and find out how it was done (and how Dumbledore messed up with the Ring - remember that Harry was not injured when neutralizing the diary).

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? AT LEAST ONE WEASLEY. There are nine, all are pretty much front-line (even Molly is in the order), and the odds against all surviving a bloodbath seem pretty high. At least one current (end of sixth year) member of Hogwarts staff, probably the Defence teacher if the school is open (as the Voldemort curse will still be operating when that teacher is appointed, so their tenure may be limited). At least one more student. Possibly Neville or Luna. The remaining Marauders (both Wormtail and Lupin). Hagrid (and Fang with him). At least one Auror (whether Order or not) or other Ministry official. Moody. At least one house-elf (whether Dobby or Kreacher - hopefully Kreacher, and killed by Buckbeak).

The feast of crow is ready.
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions List: 10 Quick and Easy Topics

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top