HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The students' future careers

Go down

The students' future careers Empty The students' future careers

Post  Elanor Sat May 21, 2011 8:42 am

The students' future careers

This topic serves as an archive of a thread from the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum as hosted on World Crossing which ceased operation on April 15, 2011. Elanor

Luanee - Feb 9, 2004 12:34 am
Edited by Kip Carter Aug 30, 2007 5:17 am
OK I know some of us have predicted this under the Predictions for Books 6/7 thread but I thought it would be nice to have a separate thread to consolidate all our predictions for the Hogwarts students's future careers after book 7:

Harry - Auror / DADA teacher / Professional Quidditch player ??

Ron - Works in the MoM like his father ?

Hermione - Probably a Hogwarts teacher given her academic inclinations (and may be in even more than one subject!)

Neville - Healer in St Mungo's / works in the Care of Magical Plants department (if there is one?)

Luna Lovegood - Succeeds her father's Quibber? Or maybe starts a new magazine of her own?

Draco - Maybe in the Gringgotts as a minor accounts clerk, haha...

Any other guesses?

And how you like my new avatar? All thanks to Joost!

The students' future careers thread index

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Elanor on Sat May 21, 2011 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The students' future careers Empty The students' future careers (Post 1 to 50)

Post  Elanor Sat May 21, 2011 8:45 am

FCBarca - Feb 9, 2004 5:37 am (#1 of 251)
Harry will probably become an Auror, or a professional Quidditch player (there is a part in GOF, just after the Quidditch World Cup match, where Harry dreams of being a professional Quidditch player.)

Hermione will probably be some kind of Activist.

I think Ron will work in the Ministry (although you do need top grades for that.)

Neville will do something which involves Herbology.

I'm not sure about Draco, but he will probably do what Lucius does (did, whatever that was?)

- - - - - - - - - -
tracie1976 - Feb 9, 2004 6:35 am (#2 of 251)

"Harry needs her badly." JKR on Hermione...interview from The Times June 30, 2000 artwork for avatar by logansrogue at livejournal.com
I agree that Harry will become an Auror but as for Ron I see him designing broomsticks just because of his fascination with them and the knowledge he has. Hermione will become a teacher. Neville will work in some Herbology place. Draco will take over where Lucius left off.

- - - - - - - - - -
virgoddess1313 - Feb 9, 2004 7:39 am (#3 of 251)

I think Harry and Ron will both become Aurors... they work quite well as a team usually. And though I'd like to see Hermione go into that as well, I doubt that she will. I see her as some sort of activist, or perhaps a healer (I think someone mentioned her doing this over on the Predictions for Book 6 & 7 thread, but don't quote me)but, I'd also say she has just as good of a chance to become a teacher.

As for the rest... I don't know... the other ideas that have been mentioned sound good to me. And I have to say, I can't wait to to see what Luna does. I bet it's something fun.

- - - - - - - - - -
popkin - Feb 9, 2004 10:10 am (#4 of 251)

mother
I'm pretty sure that Hermione will become an author. JKR says that Hermione is the character most like herself, and there are hints that she will write a book in the series. The one that stood out the most for me was when Ron says that she "should write a book" "translating mad things girls do so boys can understand them." (after she explains what Cho was thinking in the coffee shop on Valentine's day, US OotP CH26 P573).

I don't know what Ron will do. Maybe he and Harry can become private aurors (like private investigators) and open an office together. I don't see him working for the ministry. He's never indicated that he'd like to.

Luna will probably go into business with her Dad. She might also be a seer (this opinion is based solely on her eyes), but I don't know if she'd "see" professionally.

Harry hasn't thought too much about what he's going to do, either. I like to think Trelawney's last prediction about him will come true. He'll live to be very old, become Minister of Magic and have 12 children. I don't see him becoming Minister of Magic straight out of Hogwarts, though, so he will have to have some kind of profession in between - maybe several. I would like to see him play professional quidditch at least for one season, and maybe even help his team win the World Cup.

Vernon is going to want Dudley to join him at Grunnings, but Dudley won't have any of the necessary skills. If he doesn't get straightened out at St. Brutus's, then I'm afraid he'll get conected to some kind of mob and will spend about 20 years in jail. He might have a short stint as a professional wrestler. I hope he turns his life around and becomes real family to Harry, that he marries, has kids and makes a good living at Grunnings.

I wonder if Draco will become a DE before he graduates, and to save his skin he'll turn in his friends when everything goes south. I think he'll just live off his Dad's fortune - if it's still there when his Dad gets out of Azkaban.

- - - - - - - - - -
icthestrals - Feb 9, 2004 11:35 am (#5 of 251)

Join Potty HQ on this forum! Woohoo, from janitor to VP!
OK, I'm going to predict Neville will teach at Hogwarts, but he will be the DADA instructor. Don't ask me why, just a feeling.

- - - - - - - - - -
Julia. - Feb 9, 2004 1:22 pm (#6 of 251)

74% obsessed! Uconn Jew Crew says: is it August yet?
Popkin said, I don't see him working for the ministry. He's never indicated that he'd like to. That is true, but things are going to be a lot different when Arthur Weasley becomes Minister of Magic.

So, here's my two knuts about everyone's future careeres. Harry will become an auror, but I can see him as an unspeakable too. I have no idea what Ron will do, but I can see him becomming the Joe Torre of the Chudley Cannons (Joe Torre is the Yankees' manager, for those who don't know). Hermione will become an activist, or work for the ministry, I think she'd do well in the Office of International Magical Cooperation. Neville will become herbology teacher at Hogwarts ('Professor Longbottom, can you help me with my mandrakes?') Luna is a tough one. I can see her either working on the Quibbler with her dad, but, IMHO, she would make a great unspeakable, considdering her brains and her 'lack of limitations', for lack of a better term. Ginny I think will join Fred and George at 93 Diagon Alley, and, as I said, Arthur will get a major promotion to Minister of Magic.

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Feb 9, 2004 5:07 pm (#7 of 251)

Back in business
I back you on this one icthestrals, Neville will become the DADA teacher, because in an interview, JKR said one of the kids will become teacher after Hogwarts, it won't be Harry, same for Ron and same for the one we are the most likely to think of (Hermione, I think). And the DADA teacher post is likely to be the only available again.

If Ron succeed to keep to same level of keeper skill he did in the Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw match, he could become professional Quidditch player and after that, professional Quidditch coach. If not, I just don't know, I don't feel him to work for the ministry and I don't think he'll be Auror either.

Hermione, maybe she will become the head of magical creature department, maybe she'll become a Unspeakable, maybe a healer at St. Mungo's and she will properly introduce muggle medicine in the WW. Maybe she will travel the world to learn more about magic, as did Tom Riddle.

Harry, he could become an Auror or he could become a Quidditch player. I just don't know yet.

- - - - - - - - - -
virgoddess1313 - Feb 9, 2004 5:45 pm (#8 of 251)

Oooh... I want to throw my hat in with popkin's freelance auror idea. I like it

- - - - - - - - - -
popkin - Feb 9, 2004 5:45 pm (#9 of 251)

mother
Edited by Feb 9, 2004 4:48 pm
Julia K., you're right. With Arthur as Minister of Magic (and I am pretty sure that is going to happen), Ron just might become very interested in working there. Maybe he could straighten out the Department of Magical Games and Sports, after playing for the Chudley Cannons for a few seasons.

EDIT: oops! We posted at the same time, virgoddess. I like the idea, too, obviously, but I don't really think it will happen. I think the trio are going to go their separate ways jobwise, but they'll see each other as often as they can (which will be every day for Ron and Hermione, since they will be married to each other).

- - - - - - - - - -
Jenny M. - Feb 9, 2004 5:52 pm (#10 of 251)

I could see Neville as a Hogwarts professor, but he would want Herbology over DADA. So, he'll be an Herbologist (whatever they do) for a while and then he might take over when Professor Sprout retires. I think it's more likely, though, that he wouldn't want to be a teacher and will go into plant research.

Harry will definitely be an Auror, and then when he wants to retire from that career path, I could see him becoming DADA teacher and later Headmaster. Where can I find that interview you quote, Tomoe?

I agree with popkin about Arthur's and Ron's careers. Hermione I'm not sure about. I could see her as a Hogwarts teacher too, or she would be perfect for social activism. Ambassador to the more misunderstood sentient magical beings, perhaps?

- - - - - - - - - -
virgoddess1313 - Feb 9, 2004 5:59 pm (#11 of 251)

She could always become a giant counseler.

- - - - - - - - - -
popkin - Feb 9, 2004 6:12 pm (#12 of 251)

mother
I do think Hermione will be an activist, but she will choose to do so through her writing. She may freelance articles for the Daily Prophet, but I think her greatest achievement will be an influential novel about the House Elves' plight that will mark the turning point in the wizards' view of the creatures (something like Harriet Beacher Stowe did for African Americans with Uncle Tom's Cabin).

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Feb 9, 2004 8:55 pm (#13 of 251)

Back in business
Here you can find the complete interview, and below the interesting part.

The Connection, 12 october 1999

Anyway, it’s very exciting. We just love Harry Potter. We’re curious ---- well first of all we can’t wait for Books 4, 5, 6 and 7. But after that, we’re curious as to whether Harry is going to have a life after Hogwarts, or if maybe, Harry might be a Hogwarts teacher.
Well, because all your kids said ‘hello’ so nicely in the background there, I am going to give you information I haven’t given anyone else and I will tell you that one of the characters, one of Harry’s classmates, though it’s not Harry himself, does end up a teacher at Hogwarts. But, it is not, maybe the one you think, hint, hint, hint. Yeah, one of them does end up staying at Hogwarts, but ----
Do the kids want to guess at it, Kathleen?
Do you guys have a guess as to who it is? (Kids shouting in background) Ron
They say Ron.
No, it’s not Ron. I can’t see Ron as a teacher. No way. Well, we have just been having such a fun time with Harry Potter and we’re so thrilled that you took our call. We’re just all absolute huge fans. Thank you so much. You make our day everyday.

- - - - - - - - - -
MTW - Feb 10, 2004 5:16 am (#14 of 251)

Neville will become a Professor at Hogwarts. But the subject he will teach will be Potions.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Feb 10, 2004 10:21 am (#15 of 251)

*Completely Obsessed With Harry Potter*
JKR said one of the kids will remain at Hogwarts, but it's not the one we think. A lot of us think Neville will be the herbology professor, so if it's not him, then who? I can see Hermione taking over when McGonagall retires....or maybe one of the twins will teach Potions - they sure are good at mixing up things (Snape will finally be rewarded with the DADA job). Perhaps after her third prophesy, Trelawny will retire and Luna Lovegood will take over that class. She has the same mystical, spacey quality that Sybil does.

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Feb 10, 2004 11:28 am (#16 of 251)

Back in business
She said "one of Harry’s classmates" not one of Harry's House-mate or school-mate, the twins and Luna are ruled out. My first though was Hermione, could JKR had Neville in mind?

And by classmates, does she meant only the Gryffindor or all the Hufflepuff and Slythrin as well ... confusing.

- - - - - - - - - -
Neville Longbottom - Feb 10, 2004 3:37 pm (#17 of 251)

JKR said one of the kids will remain at Hogwarts, but it's not the one we think. A lot of us think Neville will be the herbology professor, so if it's not him, then who?

But it's actually the other way around. There was this quote from JKR years ago (I think after the release of book 3), that someone will become a teacher, not Harry, not Ron and not the one we might expect. Then, after they heard the quote, many readers (including me) think that she meant Neville. It's not that everyone thought Neville will become teacher, and then JKR said, "No, it's not the one you think".

- - - - - - - - - -
Mare - Feb 11, 2004 7:46 am (#18 of 251)

Adding to Nevilles post: not the one we might expect. It is common believe that she was thinking about Hermione. So that would rule out the threesome, leaving everybody with Neville as favourite option.

- - - - - - - - - -
DayWalker - Feb 21, 2004 12:38 am (#19 of 251)

I agree that it will be Neville and as herbology, but that means something happens to Flitwick.

I think Harry will be an Auror. Then a ministry offical.

Ron and Hermione will marry. Ron will go to work at the ministry and maybe play Quidditch. Hermione will work at the ministry too, but in a protection field like, magical creature protection.

Luna will work at the Quibbler. Ginny will be an unspeakable, because I think she is the most powerful Weasley of them all.

- - - - - - - - - -
Neville Longbottom - Feb 21, 2004 1:47 am (#20 of 251)

Herbology of course would mean, that something happens to Sprout. But maybe it's Defense against the Dark Arts? I can see Neville being the one who breaks the curse. :-)

- - - - - - - - - -
Jenny M. - Feb 21, 2004 2:33 am (#21 of 251)

Maybe Sprout just retires. Is Neville at all good at DADA?

- - - - - - - - - -
popkin - Feb 21, 2004 3:35 am (#22 of 251)

mother
Harry fully expects all the DA members to achieve an "O" in their OWLs, so Neville must be very good at DADA.

- - - - - - - - - -
Chemyst - Feb 21, 2004 10:31 am (#23 of 251)

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." A.A. Milne
If Arthur becomes the MoM, will Percy resign?

I'm not 100% convinced Harry will make it through VWII. I do believe he will totally defeat Voldemort once and for all, but there may be extenuating circumstances (and when I get that idea worked out a little more I'll post it on a more appropriate thread.)

I don't think Luna will work for her dad, but she may become a teacher which gives her summers off to pursue her unique interests. She would likely take over for Firenze, since he will hopefully be accepted back into the forest after Voldemort's defeat.

Hermione may be the one to take over the Quibbler. It is poetic justice having her work on a paper she originally despised. She could now make it into an effective voice opposite the Daily Puppet, er, I mean, Daily Prophet.

Neville is a late bloomer, but once he gets a wand that chooses him instead of his Dad's hand-me-down, he is going to become a formidable wizard and may well become an auror. Yes, he has a reputation of being good in herbology, but I think magical gardening will be his avocation, not his vocation (hobby, not job). I think the previous emphasis on herbology was to establish him as a mild-mannered person, not to predict his future. (Although it is likely that his plant-related knowledge will be a key factor in winning a battle.)

I like Daywalker's idea that Ginny will be an unspeakable; it is more satisfying than my original thought that she would be the all-star quiddich pro, once again putting Ron in second place.

Ron is a complex puzzle to me and I'll have to give him some more thought.

I think Dobby will get an office at the new and improved post-Voldemort Ministry, and work as a liaison for house-elves, and get married, and have more babies than the Weasley's.

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Feb 22, 2004 12:05 am (#24 of 251)

Back in business
Jenny M. (post #21) asked : "Is Neville at all good at DADA?"

After the DEs escaped from Azkaban, he was Harry's second best student, next to Hermione, of course. I don't have my book with, so I can't quote.

- - - - - - - - - -
Anna L. Black - Feb 22, 2004 6:13 am (#25 of 251)

I won't be surprised at all if Neville gets the Potions post (Snape's going to teach DADA, if he doesn't die during the war, that is). But he might want to be an Auror, to continue his parents' work. And then he can trace Bellatrix (after Voldemort's fall) and bring her to justice.

Ron will probably be the Keeper for the Chudley Cannons. And will have lots of smart red-headed kids with Hermione

- - - - - - - - - -
firebird - Feb 22, 2004 6:31 am (#26 of 251)

Chemyst, I don't think Percy would resign... that would imply that he is acting on his emotions, and we know he is very calculating and pragmatic, doing whatever will help him get ahead. Ex: He admired Dumbledore when he was powerful and despised him when not. He jumped up and down and sang 'We got Potter, we got Potter' - or something like that - when Harry was sorted into Gryff, and when everyone thought he was a liar, he sent Ronnie the prefect a letter telling him to stay away from Harry. His loyalties change with every superficial change in the balance of power, and I doubt he has any true loyalty to Fudge. (But of course, it's possible he could change from being a pragmatist to going mad or something.) I like the idea of Harry being an Unspeakable - they're more interesting than Aurors I think.

- - - - - - - - - -
Rosariana - Feb 22, 2004 8:05 pm (#27 of 251)

firebird - Fred and George are the ones who chant "we got Potter." Percy does shake Harry's hand though.

For careers, I like to think of Harry being an Auror. Of course during his first few years there will be little for him to do, because Voldemort and hopefully all of the Death Eaters will be dead by the time Harry leaves school. This will give him time to be Seeker for England! Its a stretch, I know, but I really want him to do both!

For Ron - wow, I have no clue, but many possibilities! I think Hermione will write and Neville will teach, and Ginny would make a decent Auror in my opinion. Lee Jordan could take over for Ludo Bagman. Draco will probably just sit on the family fortune and make trouble for Harry until he is finally put in Azkaban. Dudley may be a pro wrestler for awhile, and be very successful until a heart attack tragically ends his career early. (Sorry Dudley fans!)

Lupin I would like to see as Hogwarts Headmaster after Dumbledore dies, and I agree that Arthur Weasley will take over for Fudge.

Making predictions is fun! I can't wait to find out how right - or horribly off - these ones are!

- - - - - - - - - -
alexa - Feb 23, 2004 8:46 pm (#28 of 251)

I hope the three friends would end up working together in MOM. Harry as an Auror, Ron in Department of Magical Games and Sports. Hermione in Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, or maybe a new department called "Protection and Promotion of Magical Creatures' welfare" Of course, there should be a more competent Minister of Magic by then.

Neville might remained in Hogwarts, teaching his favorite subject, Hebology. (Professor Sprout might have retired by then) Dean Thomas become an Artist.

- - - - - - - - - -
Mare - Feb 24, 2004 3:08 am (#29 of 251)

Dean Thomas becomes a painter of wizards paintings

- - - - - - - - - -
alexa - Feb 24, 2004 5:46 pm (#30 of 251)

Oh yes! I was thinking what should Dean draw if he became an artist? Thanks for enlightening me. Maybe Dean could draw Sirius's portrait and Harry would be very grateful to him.

- - - - - - - - - -
SarcasticGinny - Feb 29, 2004 12:23 pm (#31 of 251)

Ooh your post about Dean is good. Spot on. Maybe he can repaint his West Ham poster so the soccer players move about and Ron will leave him alone! :-)

I see Harry finishing Auror training with McGonagall's help, but hopefully he'll end up living peacefully in a post-Voldemort society; there won't be many dark wizards for him to catch so poor Harry can take it easy.

I bet in the new, improved Ministry of Magic under the Weasley administration, Arthur lets Hermione take charge of a department for cooperation with Non-Wizard Magical Beings. I see her SPEW stuff and also some sort of bond with Grawp coming into play (he did, after all, remember her!).

Ron will possibly be an Auror with Harry, but I liked the idea of him taking Bagman's job. Then he can see Hermione every day (awww...but that's for another thread).

If Ginny is indeed a Seer, I could possibly see her as the teacher at Hogwarts-finally giving Divination some respect. I'm skeptical about that theory, however, and I see her as an Auror too. She's determined, her skills are formidable, and seems like she looks up to Tonks a bit.

- - - - - - - - - -
Czarina - Feb 29, 2004 4:04 pm (#32 of 251)

"I see [Ginny] as an Auror too"

Unless a) she marries Harry and b) Trelawney's prediction in OoP is correct, in which case she'll be too busy with her 12 children! :-)

Maybe Ginny will become a professional Quidditch player for awhile.

- - - - - - - - - -
Chris. - Feb 29, 2004 5:08 pm (#33 of 251)

HBP: 16th July 2005: the most anticipated day in history
I've always thought Ginny's caring nature would lead to her being a Healer at St Mungo's.

Ahhh, Molly would be proud

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Mar 19, 2004 9:13 pm (#34 of 251)

Ever wonder what happened while the Marauders were at Hogwarts? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Edited by Mar 19, 2004 8:13 pm
Ah, Kingsley, you bet me to it. Yes, I believe Ginny will become a Healer, don't ask why, just a gut feeling, but then again, aren't all of these? Razz

Ron will become captain/keeper for Chudley Cannons and will bring them back to their old motto (And when he does, I will wear orange for at least a week straight).

Harry...I think auror. Or Unspeakable. Auror because that's what he said he wanted to do, but I think he would want to try to figure out about the veil and other such things that Unspeakables do. Plus, I'm a curious little monkey to find out what they do!

Hermione, I used to think MoM worker, but I think HRH is a tidge mad at them. Professor is way too obvious. Plus Professor Weasley (Uh...Granger. ;D) sounds really bad. I like the idea of her being a writer like Harriet Beecher Stowe. I kind of want her to get rid of the whole SPEW thing though. It's getting annoying. Maybe she can get the Wizarding World to realise that muggleborns are just as good as purebloods.

Neville, I think he'd be an awesome Herbology Professor. I can't see him as a Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. After all, he didn't do the best in the class, he just did really well compared to his fourth year. Or maybe he'll work with Ginny at St. Mungo's to help find a cure for his parents.

Luna. I think she'll either work for her father or write books like Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them about all the creatures. (Fantastic Creatures and Where To Find Them If You're Lucky Razz).

Two unidentified girls in Gryffindor. Groupers to Harry Potter.

- - - - - - - - - -
Chris. - Mar 20, 2004 2:01 pm (#35 of 251)

I would like to see Hermione, either a Weasley or a Granger, having a career in writing too. Or I would like to see her as the Transfiguration teacher.. not that I want McGonagall to die.. maybe she could retire.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Mar 20, 2004 7:12 pm (#36 of 251)

I also like the idea of Hermione as a writer. I see her taking over the Daily Prophet (or starting her own paper) and turning it into a paper that prints the truth. A paper readers can depend on to let them know the truth about everything that is going on in the wizarding community. It will definitely not print what the MOM wants people to believe.

- - - - - - - - - -
Vern Afanofhp - Mar 21, 2004 8:43 pm (#37 of 251)

My predictions:

Harry - I think Harry will have enough OWLS to become an Auror. DD will suggest that Harry should become an Unspeakable, to study in the DoM.

Luna - I think she will be an Unspeakable.

Ron/Ginny - I think they will work with Fred and George.

Hermione - ???

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Mar 22, 2004 4:08 pm (#38 of 251)

Back in business
Star Crossed said : "After all, [Neville] didn't do the best in the class, he just did really well compared to his fourth year."

I beg your pardon, but when Harry taught the Shield Charm to the DA, Neville was second only to Hermione. Lee Jordan, the Weasley Twin, Cho Chang, Marietta, Alicia, Angelina and Katie, who were all either 1 or 2 years older were slower than Neville.

"[Neville] was improving so fast it was quite unnerving and when Harry taught them the Shield Charm – a means of deflecting minor jinxes so that they rebounded upon the attacker – only Hermione mastered the charm faster than Neville." (UK OoP p.488)

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Mar 22, 2004 4:14 pm (#39 of 251)

Ever wonder what happened while the Marauders were at Hogwarts? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Oh, dear. I do believe I need to read OP again...or at least, I can use that as an excuse. Razz

But thank you for correcting me. I just can't wait to see the chap with his own wand.

- - - - - - - - - -
Iverson Godfrey - Mar 22, 2004 5:53 pm (#40 of 251)

Harry Potter fan since 2002
I don't think Harry will be an Auror just because it isn't JKR's style to spell something out so clearly, so far in advance. Where's the mystery, entertainment or the twist in that? I don't take Harry's carreer advice to heart, because his session was garbage. He didn't actually receive any advice or suggestions because of the confrontation between McGonogal and the toad, Umbridge. He and Ron did a little day-dreaming about it, but what boy hasn't wanted to have an important, heroic job at some point? (Fireman, Policeman, Astronaut, Doctor...)

- - - - - - - - - -
alexa - Mar 22, 2004 6:11 pm (#41 of 251)

Perhaps, if Voldemort is defeated (or dead), Harry would no longer be interested in being an Auror.

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Mar 22, 2004 6:34 pm (#42 of 251)

Alexa I love your smilie!

I believe I know Harry's future career. How could we have not seen it? It's so obvious!

He's going to work at Grunning's with Uncle Vernon!

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Mar 22, 2004 6:49 pm (#43 of 251)

Back in business
Ouch!

- - - - - - - - - -
alexa - Mar 22, 2004 11:38 pm (#44 of 251)

Thanks, Star Crossed. LOL. We should have realize that earlier.

- - - - - - - - - -
Emily - Mar 23, 2004 6:18 pm (#45 of 251)

My goodness, how could we not have picked up on it earlier? Speaking of which, a green pig just flew by my widow and landed in a blue tree.

- - - - - - - - - -
Chris. - Mar 24, 2004 7:09 am (#46 of 251)

This is not my theory, but from another thread.

Hermione as the first muggle-born Minister of Magic!

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Mar 24, 2004 8:15 am (#47 of 251)

Back in business
Yeah, I like rich's idea, Hermione for Minister of Magic (after Arthur get the post, of course).

- - - - - - - - - -
alexa - Mar 25, 2004 5:26 pm (#48 of 251)

And after Arthur retired. Wow, that may be a long time.

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Mar 25, 2004 5:54 pm (#49 of 251)

Eloise Midgen (I'm actually not quite positive about the name, and I'm too lazy to look it up) as a model! Now who saw that coming? It could happen though. It's like my father and I were talking about the other day. It'd be a huge surprise if Josh (A kid in my freshman grade who's not cute in the least, he makes it up in annoyance though) became the cutest guy in our senior year. And then he would laugh in everyone's face who said he was ugly. I would pay to see Eloise do that.

- - - - - - - - - -
The Grey Lady - Apr 11, 2004 10:23 am (#50 of 251)

Sup, Figgy?
Something I've always wanted to see, even if it's never going to happen:

"Ah, yes, I knew Harry Potter. Brilliant flyer, could of played Quidditch for England if he hadn't gone off chasing Dark Wizards..."

I'm not positive, but I distinctly recall someone saying "..[Charlie Weasly] could of played Quidditch for England if he hadn't gone off chasing dragons in Romania." Might of been Wood... *shrug*

Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The students' future careers Empty The students' future careers (Post 51 to 100)

Post  Elanor Sat May 21, 2011 8:46 am

Star Crossed - Apr 11, 2004 12:26 pm (#51 of 251)
Charlie. Wood went off and got signed as a reserve Keeper.

- - - - - - - - - -
The Grey Lady - Apr 11, 2004 6:38 pm (#52 of 251)

Sup, Figgy?

looks a l little confused* Hm? No, the quote was about Charlie, and I'm guessing Wood was the one who said it. But thinking back, it might not have been Wood speaking...I don't have a book handy...

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Apr 11, 2004 7:05 pm (#53 of 251)

Oh, sorry. I just skimmed through it. I think you are right about Wood saying it.

- - - - - - - - - -
Catherine - May 8, 2004 7:34 am (#54 of 251)

Canon Seeker
Draco: Potions teacher or shopkeeper in Knockturn Alley for Mr. Borgin

Pansy Parkinson: Rita Skeeter's protege at the The Daily Prophet

Hermione: Healer, possibly Hogwarts Headmaster eventually.

Harry: Auror, then Hogwarts DADA teacher

Ron: Auror, eventual Head of Magical Law Enforcement

Crabbe and Goyle: training security trolls

Luna: Wizard Fashionista, starts with designing jewelry and then moves to hats. Has own shop next to the Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes.

Lee Jordan: is a DJ for the Wizarding Wireless Network.

Percy: works for the Twins in their joke shop

Ginny: Auror/Spy

Cho: plays Quidditch on a start-up women's team. Endorses Wizard Beauty products.

Millicent Bulstrode: Earns fame in the muggle world as a famous pro wrestler.

- - - - - - - - - -
ex-FAHgeek - May 24, 2004 7:25 pm (#55 of 251)

Let's see...

Harry - an Auror. After all, we wouldn't want Professor McGonnegal to break her promise. There is a chance he could end up playing Quidditch, however.

Hermione - I really like the idea other people have posted about her becoming a writing, either as an activist or (enter cheesy ending for the series) chronicling the saga of Harry Potter. However, this would be an interim job, for once McGonnegal ascends to Headmistress of Hogwarts, Hermione will become the new Transfiguration teacher.

Ron - I don't know... I don't think he'll have the grades for an Auror, and he may not want to work in the Ministry... still, he could work for the Dept. of Magical Law Enforcement or in the twins' joke shop or something...

Luna - private research, like her mother, while running the Quibbler with her father to pay the bills.

Ernie MacMillan - will enter the Ministry of Magic. Not sure what department, but I think he'll be a success.

As for the new Minister of Magic in Books 6 & 7, I sincerely doubt it will be Arthur Weasley. Amelia Bones; sure. Griselda Marchbanks; I guess I can buy that, although I don't think it's likely. Amos Diggory; okay - and what a great anti-Voldemort presence in gov't! Dumbledore finally acquiescing to the post; even that's more convincing. But not Mr. Weasley, at least over the course of the novels (perhaps some years in the future I could believe it.)

- - - - - - - - - -
PIJ - Jun 2, 2004 2:52 am (#56 of 251)

Would it not be ironic if the classmate to remain at Hogwarts as a teacher was Seamus, teaching charms maybe????

A bit wild but but hey stranger thinks have happened.

I would think following on from Dumbledore's word at the end of OoP that Harry will persue the Unspeakable avenue being a wizrad with first hand experience of what lies behind the locked door in the Mysteries department.

- - - - - - - - - -
librarian314 - Jun 10, 2004 6:29 am (#57 of 251)

Hey all!

I think that of the kids mentioned so far, it is Hermione that has the best chance of being an Auror. Since she's at the head of her class, she certainly has the grades for it. She also exhibits other traits throughout the series that would stand her in good stead were she to become an Auror.

She thinks on her feet - it was she who went over and set the fire under Snape, when she thought he was jinxing Harry during the Quidditch match in PS/SS.

She can figure things out with relatively few clues - She knew fairly early on in PoA that Lupin was a werewolf.

She can keep her mouth shut - even though she knew about Lupin, she didn't say anything.

She's not afraid of using force - She punches Malfoy in PoA.

She's can be devious - blackmailing Rita Skeeter in GoF and OotP.

Throughout the series, I think people regularly underestimate Hermione because they see her either as the "brain" or the "activist". I think that she will become an Auror (and graduate at the top of her class, of course ;-) )after she finishes Hogwarts (yes, I'm assuming she survives, but I'm an optimist ;-) )and will work towards ferreting out all the DEs that go into hiding after the final downfall of You Know Who.

Take care!

*michelle the librarian**

- - - - - - - - - -
The Grey Lady - Jun 10, 2004 5:54 pm (#58 of 251)

Sup, Figgy?
Don't think Hermione wants to be an Auror, and thats the biggest factor. She's make a great one, though, no argument's there.

I think she'd prefer working in the ministry representing spew. (sorry, S-P-E-W).

I don't understand why so little have mentioned this: Lee Jordan- work with the Twins in their joke shop. I mean, he's in on almost all their work for the shop so far, and you could really tell he wanted to get out of school after the twins left.

Catherine Allen, I like your ideas, except Crabbe and Goyle should be security trolls, not train them.

PIJ, Seamus only had trouble with the Levitating Charm. He prodded his feather and it ignited. Purely movie-stuff for him to keep blowing things up. Other than that one incedent, he's not bad at charms.

- - - - - - - - - -
Neville Longbottom - Jun 12, 2004 2:00 am (#59 of 251)

I agree, Hermione doesn't want to be an auror, and that's why I am sure she won't become one. I think she is working in the Department of Care of Magical Creatures in the ministry. Amos Diggory is really not very capable, calling Winky just "elf" and everything, so maybe in the end Hermione will even be the head of the department.

I think Harry will first become an auror and later Minister of Magic. On her webpage, Jo only said, that he won't become a minister with 17, because it's too young, but she's writing an epilogue, therefore Harry probably won't be 17 at the end of book 7.
- - - - - - - - - -
Chris. - Jun 12, 2004 2:49 am (#60 of 251)

I'm sorry but I hope he doesn't become the Minister of Magic or Headmaster of Hogwarts. It's just too predictable to always have the main character achieve the best occupation. I would like to see him in a normal day-to-day job like an Auror.

- - - - - - - - - -
Kevin Corbett - Jun 18, 2004 8:42 pm (#61 of 251)

This is a good one.

Harry: Probably an Auror, if he lives. I really hope he does, but you never know. It seems to be the only thing he really wants to be, so I can't see him going into anything else, unless Snape drives him so mad that he simply can't continue with Potions.

Hermione: This one's a puzzler. Hmmm...maybe a teacher or something like that. Maybe she change her mind and go into Curse Breaking for Gringots. For me, I think it would be the most funniest thing if she, say, got married (maybe to Ron) and had a bunch of kids and just settled down to read and write for the rest of her days. God knows she'd like the latter part---and she seems to have a sort of motherly air about her, the way she is always so concerned (you might call it nagging) for Harry and Ron, and they way she's always thinking about the little 'uns of the wizarding world. Anyway, it would definately run contrary to what one would think of her doing, and we all know our beloved authoress loves surprising us.

Ron: Bigger puzzler. It sort of begs the question, Who is Ronald Weasley, anyway? Well, he's obviously very loyal---one's first instinct is to think of his friendship with Harry and Hermione, but also recall his loyalty to the Chuddley Cannons, even when they were the worst team in Quidditch (then again, being a Detroit Tigers fan and 19 years old and never having known them as a winning team, so I may just be picking up on that out of sypathy).So, maybe he'll go on to manage the Cannons or become head of the Games and Sports division at the ministry like Bagman. Also, he can be, at times, very nervous and a bit pessimistic---he's sort of the Woody Allen or the Puddleglum of the trio, if you catch my drift. Maybe a stand up comedien? Then there's the one thing that we know he has a certain amount of skill at: chess. Maybe he'll be a professional wizard chess player, if there is such a thing. But with Ron, I think, the best answer one can really give is, Who knows?

- - - - - - - - - -
S.E. Jones - Jun 18, 2004 11:34 pm (#62 of 251)

Let it snow!
I find it interesting that the two careers whose requirements (i.e. NEWT level requirements) we hear about in full are that of Auror and Healer. We hear a good some good tag lines for the other occupations, certainly, and we know that one class you need Arithmancy for Banking, etc. But what I also found interesting is that the Auror and Healer occupations require 4 out of 5 of the same classes (DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, and Charms). To be a Healer, though, you also need a NEWT in Herbology. We know Harry wants to be an Auror, and Neville (the other possible "one" from the prophecy and someone who shares many parallels with Harry), just happens to be a wiz at Herbology. I think we'll see Harry become an Auror and Neville become a Healer (if they both survive Snape's class next year ).....

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Jun 19, 2004 7:40 pm (#63 of 251)

Harry will become an Auror in spite of Umbridge's marks in DADA because as McGonagall points out the last competent DADA teacher ay Hogwarts was Lupin and eventually the DADA teacher at Hogwarts

Neville will become a Herbologist or Healer I believe he has the drive within him to do so because of his need to find a cure for his parents affliction.

Hermione will become a healer as well working with Vampires, Werwovlves and other such cases.

Fred and George will become comedians

Susan Bones will follow her aunt into the ministry

Ron will work in the Magical Sports department because of his devotion to quidditch

Luna Lovegood will become Rita Skeeter's editor at the Daily Prophet/Quibbler.

Ginny will follow in Bill's footsteps because she idolizes him

- - - - - - - - - -
Casey - Jun 23, 2004 7:48 am (#64 of 251)

Judging by JKR's answer to the question about who would stay on at Hogwarts as a teacher, I'm going to guess that the teacher in the bunch is Neville.

- - - - - - - - - -
Chris. - Jun 23, 2004 8:01 am (#65 of 251)

Here's some of my ideas:

Harry- I think he'll become an Auror rather than a Quidditch star. He realised that they were more important things than sports or competition between two groups in OP. Since Sirius's death, I think he'll become more determined to achieve his goal in fighting the Dark Arts, with McGonagall and Dumbledore's help and teachings.

Hermione- I hope she takes SPEW further or becomes a member of the Ministry in the creatures department. Although, she's top of the year and have all the skills of an Auror, she doesn't have the stealthy nature of Ron and Harry.

Ron- I think he'll become coach of the Chudley Cannons. He would be glad, even if they didn't go up the league. But I think he'll lead them to victory.

Neville- A Healer at St Mungos, trying to get a remedy for his parents or herbology professor at Hogwarts, if Sprout retires/dies.

Ginny- I think she'll become a Healer, but she will be able to do healing magic without using products.

Luna- I think she'll take over from her father at the Quibbler and make more cookier and weird stories

- - - - - - - - - -
The Grey Lady - Jun 23, 2004 9:00 pm (#66 of 251)

Sup, Figgy?
Ron is a very good keeper, s'long as he's not nervous. He could go play Quidditch for England if Harry wont.

- - - - - - - - - -
Dumbledore - Jun 29, 2004 2:58 pm (#67 of 251)

(Albus Percival Wulfric Brian)
I hate to say this, because I am very fond of Ron, but I really don't think he's that great of a keeper, and perhaps not even as good as Wood was.

- - - - - - - - - -
Lord Montemort - Jul 3, 2004 1:13 am (#68 of 251)

Harry-- Auror then retire to teach at the Auror Academy (whatever it's called)

Fred and George-- More popular then Bertie Bott and Zonko's combined (and probably the wealthiest wizards in history)

Percy-- Accountant to Fred and George (hehehe)

Ron-- Hard to pin down but I think he will be Headboy and Quidditch Captain (Harry being a bit too busy what with Voldemort and all) After school, I have no clue.

Hermione-- MoM will bring peace between wizards and all the other magical sentients

Draco-- Will lose everything his dad built and be forced to rebuild. Possibly becoming the next threat to the Wizarding world (or an ancestor of that future threat)

Crabbe and Goyle-- Bookends or coat racks. Something inanimate anyway.

Neville- Herbologist at Hogwarts, will probably write a few textbooks as well.

Ginny--Auror. Just a feeling she'll follow her big sister, Tonks.

Arthur-- if not MoM, then he'll definately have his department expanded with a huge raise. Plus alot more muggle toys to play with.

Lupin-- DADA at Hogwarts, permanently. Dumbledore will see to it.

Snape-- still potions master, but DADA could be split. Lupin does creatures, Snape does curses and jinxes (?)

- - - - - - - - - -
Sir Tornado - Jul 3, 2004 3:32 am (#69 of 251)

Rebel without a cause.
Lord Montemort, I agree with you mostly and would like to add that Charlie might become Care of magical creatures teacher after he's finished studying Dragons in Romania.

Hermione would become a writer like JKR.

--Thanks--

--J.H--

- - - - - - - - - -
Isenduil - Jul 4, 2004 1:22 am (#70 of 251)

Dobby isn't really a student but does anyone else think that he will go and work for Harry? Not like a typical house-elf but treated like how Dumbledore treats him. Dobby has already taken orders from Harry also.

- - - - - - - - - -
Plinker - Jul 13, 2004 6:59 pm (#71 of 251)

May all your Boggarts be easy
Hagrid-become a full wizard and is put as department head of Magical Creatures at MOM. Dumbledore-dies Snape-dies Prof. Monogall-Becomes headmistress of Hogwarts ( she does sit at Dumbledore's right side) and is most trusted of the staff. Draco Malfoy-Ruined by the fall of his family, he becomes keeper of grounds at Hogwarts and lives in Hagrid's old hut. Mr. Weasley replaces Fudge as Minister at MOM. Percey-works for his dad. Fred and George-Become wealthy beyond their wildest dreams selling jokes. Ginny-Becomes a world class Quiddich player. Neville-The newest fighting maniac in the soga becomes an auror, and loves it. Hermione-After the battle clears, she becomes potions teacher at Hogwarts. She is over Ravenclaw House. Ron- After a stint as a successful pro Quiddich player, marries Hermione. He takes over flying classes and is ref. for the games at Hogwarts. Harry-After becoming an auror, and a stint at MOM ,Harry returns to the only home he ever loved, Hogwarts, and becomes the best DADA teacher in school history.He does marry a yet to be determined young lady, possibly Ginny.

prof. Umbridge-everyday, no matter where she is, at exactly 5p.m.,her dress flys over her head and she receives 6 strokes from a magical cane.

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Jul 21, 2004 7:23 am (#72 of 251)

Okay, there's a couple of places I could put this, but I decided here. If you think it could go somewhere else, feel free to move it, or contact me and I will. It comes from today's word of the day that I recieve in my email.

draconian \dray-KOHN-ee-uhn; druh-\, adjective: 1. Pertaining to Draco, a lawgiver of Athens, 621 B.C. 2. Excessively harsh; severe.

I know that we know Draco is harsh and severe, but maybe, his name was also chosen for the a lawgiver of Athens part. Could he survive the battles and actually be like his father with getting into MoM's good graces? I thikn that after Hogwarts, Draco will work for the MoM, and get pretty high up.

- - - - - - - - - -
Hollywand - Jul 21, 2004 9:48 pm (#73 of 251)

Gryffindor
Hagrid promoted to full professor after uniting the Magical Creatures against Voldemort.

Harry Auror and right hand wizard to continuing Headmaster Dumbledore

Snape, full professor of Defense against the Dark Arts, and well earned Severus.

Hermione in Research and Development in the Department of Defense in the Ministry of Magic; can't say enough about brains; perhaps writes an encyclopedia.

Her boss, Arthur Weasley, relies on her to explain opaque muggle behavior, a continuing interest even though he has been appointed to Minister of Magic.

Percy languishes in the Department of Muggle Relations and defers to his father as he should have done in the first place.

Ron Weasley goes into business with his brothers Fred and George, developing lucrative games for wizards, follows quidditch avidly. Fabulously weathly, buys a vintage Anglia and has it restored. He and Harry go crusin' in their spare time, or time turner, whatever.

Draco the dragon marries Ginny Weasley, and they repopulate the wizarding world with a lot of wealthy and compassionate pure blood wizards. Who marry out of their caste.

Voldemort is drained of power and unfortunately is now immortal but a full blown muggle serving time either in a corporate or institutional setting.

Neville is offered a position as Potions Master after healing his parents, marries Luna who has a website devoted to Harry Potter theories called the Quaffler.

Okay, now I'll stop. :-)

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Jul 26, 2004 10:43 am (#74 of 251)

While I never wish to disapoint, JKR said today that Arthur won't be MoM. Sorry.

- - - - - - - - - -
Potions Mistress - Jul 26, 2004 2:50 pm (#75 of 251)

Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason.--Anon.
My guess is Neville will become the Herbology at Hogwarts, much to the displeasure of Snape, who still teaches Potions and now has to work very closely with a former student he once bullied.

- - - - - - - - - -
Julia. - Jul 26, 2004 9:48 pm (#76 of 251)

74% obsessed! Uconn Jew Crew says: is it August yet?
Actually Aly, she said Arthur won't be the next MoM, but he could still be the MoM after that!

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Jul 27, 2004 6:32 am (#77 of 251)

I stand corrected. Very Happy

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Jul 28, 2004 10:01 pm (#78 of 251)

I haven't read the other posts, so I do not know what anyone else has predicted. Here are mine ...

Harry -- I see several possibilities, if he lives. A logical one would be the DADA teacher, since he will probably be kicked out of #4 Privet Drive as soon as he is "of age," whatever that is. Teaching at Hogwarts would provide him a safer home than living out in the world. A lot depends on what happens in the War. I can see him pursuing a career as an Unspeakable or an Auror. If Voldemort is vanquished and Harry survives, then perhaps he might go on to become a professional Quidditch player. I see this as a distinct possibility, as he would probably like to do something fun before settling down to more serious matters.

Hermione -- Again, depends on the War. If DD dies & McGonagall succeeds him, I can see H accepting the Transfiguration post--or potions teacher, if Snape bites it. She would be a better history teacher than Binns, too. I could also see her becoming Headmistress at some point in her future. She would make an outstanding Wizard/Muggle Relations officer and could teach Arthur a thing or two. I believe she has mentioned a career in healing, as well, so perhaps she will invent a cure for werewolf bites. As a talented Muggle-born witch, she has a lot to offer in any capacity. I think she can really write her own ticket.

Ron -- I would like to see Ron do something exciting, interesting, and well-paying, given his past. Initially, I can see him as a flying teacher (they surely need more than one) and Quidditch coach at Hogwarts. Perhaps a career in the banking field would be good for him, as well. Once he makes a fortune, he will buy the Chudley Cannons.

Neville -- If Neville plays to his strengths, he will either join the Hogwarts staff as Prof. Sprout's student teacher or perhaps open his own Herbology shop in Diagon Alley. He needs potions to be a good healer, so I do not really see that happening ... unless Snape vacates his position (which would enable Neville to learn in a less hostile atmosphere).

Ernie -- I can see him working in the Ministry. He seems like a pretty straight shooter, and I think people would trust him. Perhaps he is a future Minister of Magic????? Then again ... a healer, perhaps?

Draco -- Unless he changes his ways, I believe he will open a shop in Knockturn Alley selling off his family's dark magic artifacts. Perhaps he will start a Wizard Mafia with fellow thugs Crabbe and Goyle. Or maybe he will give everyone a treat and move away to Durmstrang or someplace equally distant.

Lavender -- She will open a fortune telling shop in either Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade. She and Seamus will get married. I do not have a clue what he will do.

Patil twins -- They will open a beauty shop and clothing boutique in Hogsmeade, where they do fancy braids and design gorgeous dress clothing for witches and wizards. One of them will marry Dean Thomas. I'm not sure what he will do ... become a house-husband wizard?

Pansy -- The jury is still out there.

Ginny -- IF she becomes an animagus, she could either teach transformation or work under cover as an Auror ... maybe.

Luna -- I see her taking over for her dad. The WW needs a second paper to counter the Daily Prophet. She might also work in the Ministry, though I'm not sure doing what.

Percy -- I'd demote him to the Ministry mailroom ... cleaning up after the owls. If he ever gets over himself, take him to a review ...

That's all, so far.

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
therealscabbers - Jul 30, 2004 4:09 am (#79 of 251)

Petra t
Ok I am going to be pessamistic, so firstly I see the following as not having futures never mind careers! (i know there is a death predictions thread but it is relevant to who has a career as more than a ghost!)

Sorry But Ron - dies in the last battle leaving the way clear for Harry - as in the chessgame in PS/SS

Luna - dies but in battle rinding a crumple horned whatsit

Percy - Dies because he is a waste of space as far as the DE's are concerned, he just gets in thier way!

Draco - dies because he thinks he is tougher than he is and voldie just gets annoyed!

Dumbledore also dies but of old age shortly after the downfall of Voldie

On the upside somthing in the destruction of Bellatrix, before Voldies downfall revives the logbottoms and they join the final fight alongside their son

OK

Hermione becomes an arura to avenge the death of the love of her life

Harry takes a year out to fulfil Ron's ambition to play for the chudley cannons and brings them to the top of the league and dedicates the win of the trophy to Ron, then goes into arura training

Neville does further research into herbology and then takes up the post of teacher at Hogwarts - either Herbology or DADA

But of course one of the dead students could also become a teacher!!

- - - - - - - - - -
Sir Tornado - Aug 1, 2004 3:54 am (#80 of 251)

Rebel without a cause.
Here's my small prediction. Dobby will start a textile industry.

- - - - - - - - - -
ex-FAHgeek - Aug 1, 2004 6:12 am (#81 of 251)

---quote--- Dobby will start a textile industry. ---end quote---

Yikes! Can you imagine how the wizards at next years Quidditch world cup will be dressed if they're taking fashion advice from him?

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Aug 3, 2004 3:17 pm (#82 of 251)

I think Neville Longbottom will surprise everyone and become a Healer--if he survives. I can also see him losing his life in the final battle with Voldemort.

Neville has already proven to be good at Herbology, and there's a hint in the O.W.L. chapter that he does much better at Potions when Snape's not around. If he can get the O.W.L. grades for it, Neville has every incentive in the world to become a Healer. He'd want more than anything to find a cure for his parents. Furthermore, he's been taken to visit them at St. Mungo's often, probably since he was very small. So he's seen a lot of the Healers at work. And Neville would be driven enough and courageous enough to put in the work to become a healer, despite his limitations and even if it means two more years of Snape.

Harry will definitely end up an Auror. He'll probably teach DADA at Hogwarts, but not until he's fifty or so. When he's over a hundred years old, he'll become headmaster. By that time, he'll be the greatest wizard that ever lived, perhaps even greater than Dumbledore.

Hermione will definitely be an activist, because she already is one. I'm not sure what vehicle her activism will take, though. I can see her as a teacher and/or author (like JKR), but not necessarily right out of Hogwarts. I think she's going to get a job we haven't heard about yet, possibly with the Ministry of Magic, or else with a non-profit association (assuming that they exist in the wizarding world). Something along the lines of magical cooperation, or perhaps even more interesting.

Ginny will have a similarly interesting career path. I can see her becoming an Auror, or doing something similar to Hermione. I think she's the most likely of them all to travel long distances in her line of work.

Ron I can't figure out. He might want to be an Auror, too, but, if he goes that route, he'll always feel second best to Harry. I'd like to see him choose his own career path, something none of his brothers have done, and different from Harry's, too.

It's possible Ron and Hermione will date, but I don't see them getting married anytime soon. Hermione, for one, will be completely career focused and won't want to marry anyone just yet.

All of them will join the Order of the Phoenix--if it still exists after their seventh year.

The classmate of Harry's who stays at Hogwarts and becomes a teacher might not actually become a full professor. I can see it being someone who, like Hagrid, gets expelled, stays on to do a maintenance job (thanks to Dumbeldore's strong belief in second chances), and eventually ends up teaching. Wouldn't it be funny if it were Draco Malfoy?

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Aug 3, 2004 3:53 pm (#83 of 251)

Draco as a teacher? Unless he undergoes a major change of heart and loyalties (or Umbridge is permanently placed in charge), I don't see it. He has too much contempt for people in general.

I've worked with teachers like this. They sneer at their colleagues as well as their students, and they act as though everyone else is beneath them. They make school a horrible place to be--for students and fellow teachers. Heaven help Hogwarts if this happens.

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Aug 3, 2004 7:00 pm (#84 of 251)

They sneer at their colleagues as well as their students, and they act as though everyone else is beneath them.

You mean, like Snape?

Seriously, I don't think it'll be Draco--but wouldn't it be a shocker if it were?

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Aug 3, 2004 7:07 pm (#85 of 251)

Yes, Dragon ... like Snape--although Snape is at least brilliant. I don't think we can accuse Ferret Boy of brilliance. Even if we could, one such teacher is more than enough for Hogwarts.

- - - - - - - - - -
Annika - Aug 4, 2004 8:51 am (#86 of 251)

It is my hope that Ron plays Quidditch for Ireland. I would really like something great to happen for him. I agree that Harry will likely become an Auror and move onto DADA after a few years. Neville may either become a healer or a Herbology teacher. I think Grawp will become the new minister of magic (just kidding).

- - - - - - - - - -
Czarina II - Aug 4, 2004 9:00 am (#87 of 251)

Assuming none of these characters die:

Colin Creevey -- inventor of wizarding objects that imitate muggle electric things

Parvati Patil/Lavender Brown -- owners of a perfume or jewellery shop

Ron -- Auror who likes to play a bit of Quidditch now and then

Harry -- Auror, probably one of the higher-ups at the Ministry eventually

Hermione -- Ministry activist/writer

Ginny -- ditto (I'm not sure about her, really)

Neville -- Herbology professor at Hogwarts

Luna -- takes over the Quibbler, takes on the editorship of the Daily Prophet as well

Susan Bones -- Ministry official like her aunt

Ernie MacMillan -- Ministry official

Terry Boot -- Hogwarts professor

Draco Malfoy -- a recluse at his crumbling manor

- - - - - - - - - -
therealscabbers - Aug 4, 2004 9:05 am (#88 of 251)

Petra t
Annika - Ron couldn't play for Irish as he is English as are his parents, therefore he would have to play for England - maybe with his help they might do better in the next world cup!!

- - - - - - - - - -
Annika - Aug 4, 2004 9:14 am (#89 of 251)

Sorry, I meant England. (Recently reread GOF and have Ireland on the brain.) Thanks.

Annika

- - - - - - - - - -
Rex Jones - Aug 5, 2004 10:10 am (#90 of 251)

I think HRH will all become Aurors, because all of three of them beamed when Moody said they'd be excellent Aurors. Ron was the most happy.

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Aug 5, 2004 2:50 pm (#91 of 251)

But Rex ... wasn't it Fake Moody/Barty Crouch who said that? Just wondering ...

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Aug 5, 2004 5:47 pm (#92 of 251)

I thought it was Sirius...

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Aug 5, 2004 7:13 pm (#93 of 251)

Sirius and the real Moody may have said something at one point or another--perhaps in Book 5. But Fake Moody tells Harry at the end of Chapter 25 in GoF, the night Harry has been in the Prefect's bathroom, working on the egg clue for the second task.

Harry is on his way back to bed--using the Marauder's Map and his cloak--when he sees Crouch's dot moving around in Snape's office. He goes to investigate and gets his foot caught in that trick stair, causing him to drop the Marauder's Map and the egg, which begins screeching. So there he is, hiding under the cloak, with his leg caught in the stair, the egg screeching, the map lying on the floor ... when Snape and Filch show up.

Fake Moody then shows up and sees the whole scene with his magical eye. He sees Snape about to grab Harry as he is hiding under the cloak. He gets things under control, gets rid of Snape and Filch, and then sees the map. He picks it up and asks Harry what it is. Harry tells him, and Fake Moody asks if he can borrow it before Harry has a chance to see that HE is really Crouch. As they walk back to Harry's dorm, he tells Harry he should consider a career as an Auror.

He tells Hermione the same thing sometime later, in Chapter 29, p. 570 (US ed.): You're another one who might think about a career as an Auror ... Mind works the right way, Granger."

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
therealscabbers - Aug 6, 2004 1:24 am (#94 of 251)

Petra t
Just cos it was the fake moody doesnt mean he didnt mean it! maybe he was musing at how he would have to watch himself more carefully after nearly getting caught by Harry - After all if he hadnt got stuck he would have seen moody where crouch should have been and the game could have been up!

- - - - - - - - - -
T Brightwater - Aug 6, 2004 2:56 pm (#95 of 251)

"Here's my small prediction. Dobby will start a textile industry."

Tornedo, do I detect a very sly pun? A dobby is part of a loom.

- - - - - - - - - -
WeasleywannaB - Aug 9, 2004 9:14 am (#96 of 251)

I wish I could be a Weasley!
I think Harry will be an auror... and for everyone else there is alot of possibilities, but to me I dont think anyone would work in St.Mungos, Im not to sure St.Mungos is the best hospital...i mean its one of lucius malfoy's favorite charitys...i just don't see him donating to a worthy cause, and the only time we ever see him spending money is to bribe people, maybe the longbottoms haven't recovered for a reason.Anyway

Harry- auror or quidditch player Ron-MoM or quidditch player Hermione- teacher ormaybe a stay at home mom caring for all of her and rons babies Smile Neville- deffinatly something with plants

- - - - - - - - - -
The One - Aug 9, 2004 9:44 am (#97 of 251)

Open minded sceptic
My prediction: Harry will not become an Auror. He has spent so much time fighting during his childhood and youth, that if he does defeat the dark lord and survives,, it will be time for some completely different. Either professional Quidditch player or as a partner in the twins joke shop or staying at home with the Granger/Potter kids.... eh sorry, wrong thread, with his kids.

Neville is of course the teacher, probably Herbology, perhaps even DADA.

Hermione a writer. Her first project is to revise "Hogwarts, a History"

Ron is harder to guess, as he has not really excelled at anything yet. But he is fair, brave and honest, he could be an asset in a police force like the Aurors if he grows up a little. But it is doubtful whether he gets the required OWL results. Is it possible to retake OWL and NEWTs at a later time?

- - - - - - - - - -
T Brightwater - Aug 9, 2004 10:31 am (#98 of 251)

I think we're going to lose Sibyll Trelawney in some way (death, retirement, or cooking sherry,) Dumbledore will convince the centaurs to take Firenze back, and Parvati will teach Divination.

My guess for Ron is that eventually he'll have Bagman's old job in the Dept. of Magical Games and Sports at the MoM.

- - - - - - - - - -
Scarlet Seer - Aug 11, 2004 6:19 pm (#99 of 251)

I think Neville's going to play Quidditch for England. After all, Ron said "Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Professor Dumbledore down." Well, Hagrid DID let Dumbledore down...

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Aug 11, 2004 7:43 pm (#100 of 251)

Actually, Brightwater, that sounds very plausible--all of it. I think Ron would love something to do with sports and games. Gred and Forge could help him perfect his gambling skills. (Just kidding)

Solitaire

Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The students' future careers Empty The students' future careers (Post 101 to 150)

Post  Elanor Sat May 21, 2011 8:47 am

Some Guy - Aug 21, 2004 12:26 am (#101 of 251)
Harry = Dead (see post #176: "It appears Harry will live after the series")

Collin = Harry's autobiographer

Herminoe = Department of Mysteries

Nevile = Herbology teacher

Ron = Pro Quidditch player

Fred / George = Inventors

Luna = Dead

Bill = Dead

Charley = Dead

Draco = care taker/grounds keeper ( just kidding ). Probably dead

Percey = Inventor with with George and Fred, or ... dead

Giny = Auror

Patil Sisters = Married to George/Fred. Massive family

Susan Bones = Ministry official

Dean: Confused wizard in the muggle world

Lee Jordan: Sports commentator

Seamus: MoM, he will run a campaign claiming to have been Harry's best friend

Crab: Game keeper assistant

Goyle: Care taker assistant

Surprised)

- - - - - - - - - -
Kelly Kapaoski - Aug 31, 2004 8:38 am (#102 of 251)

I can definatly see harry as an auror; neville he is talented in Herbology so I can see him as the Newt Scamander of the Magical Plant field. Ron could go into buisness for himself as a Maker of magical brooms. Hermione will either be an Arithmancy Teacher and a Civil Rights Activist for House Elves. I can see Ginny taking after her mother molly and being a house wife. Draco Malfoy will probably inharit the Malfoy assets and fight with Tonks over the black family fortune. Cho Chang and Harry might Patch things up and accually get married. Crab and Goyale might become leg breakers for the Goblins at Gringotts and accually collect the money fron Ludo Bagman

- - - - - - - - - -
The One - Aug 31, 2004 8:41 am (#103 of 251)

Open minded sceptic
Crab and Goyle might become leg breakers for the Goblins at Gringotts and actually collect the money from Ludo Bagman

:-)

I knew they had to be good for something..

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Aug 31, 2004 2:26 pm (#104 of 251)

Ginny, a housewife? (jaw drops) No way! She isn't the type. I do see a strong possibility for a relationship, even marriage, between her and Harry, but I don't think it will begin to happen until either Book 7 or after Hogwarts. If they do marry, it will be a two-career marriage. They might both be Aurors.

Hmmm.... Crabbe and Goyle as leg breakers? Maybe they're both half goblin. If their native language is really Gobbledy-Gook, that might explain their difficulties with school, and goblin genes could explain their thuggish appearance.

- - - - - - - - - -
Chris. - Aug 31, 2004 3:58 pm (#105 of 251)

I do see Ginny having a caring, maternal side, like Molly. Perhaps she will be an Auror and get injured, taking early retirement and strating a family with Harry. Not in book seven of course!

- - - - - - - - - -
Leila 2X4B - Aug 31, 2004 6:50 pm (#106 of 251)

I'd be smegged off. I'd be mad as hell, man. If some git in a white coat designed me to croak just so that he could sell his new android with go-faster stripes.
Well, Some Guy, a right little ray of sunshine you are.

Leila

- - - - - - - - - -
lupin's daughter - Aug 31, 2004 6:54 pm (#107 of 251)

How about Ginny the healer

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Sep 1, 2004 1:45 pm (#108 of 251)

Caring, maternal side or no, I just don't see Ginny settling down to be a housewife. She's someone who would really stifle without a career of her own.

- - - - - - - - - -
Agramante - Sep 8, 2004 2:06 pm (#109 of 251)

I see Neville becoming an Auror and eventually head of the Ministry.

Hermione's such an obvious choice to be an instructor at Hogwarts and eventually Headmistress, but isn't that what Rowling has warned against? I really see Harry fitting in best in Dumbledore's shoes (eventually). I think Harry has so much respect for Albus, and so appreciates Albus' "rules are meant to be selectively broken, with sufficient cause" approach to education, that he'll want to do much the same. Problem is, I have trouble seeing Harry in an academic career before then. Unless quidditch players and traveling adventurers land spots on the faculty too...

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Sep 8, 2004 4:35 pm (#110 of 251)

I could see Hermione as an attorney or public servant.

She knows the rules, she loves research.

- - - - - - - - - -
Aud Duck - Sep 18, 2004 7:46 pm (#111 of 251)

"I know I have to beat time when I learn Music." "Ahh, that accounts for it. He won't stand beating."--Alice in Wonderland
I don't think headmasters need to be former teachers, Agramante. I'm pretty sure Dyliss Derwent (one of the portraits in OotP) was a healer until she got the headmistress's job. If Harry got a prominent auror position, he might be able to get the job without being a teacher first.

I definately don't see Ginny as a housewife, though I can actually see Hermione as one, if she has something else to do. I think someone suggested a while ago that she might become an author. I can really see her as a noted author and a stay-at-home mom (at bit like JKR). I see her writing History books that aren't biased towards wizards, or perhaps as a political columnist for a much-improved Daily Prophet. I think that before she does things like that, she will be a key person in a movement to force the MoM to be more accepting of werewolves, to give centaurs and goblins wand rights, and to improve the condition of house elves (though, given their attitude, I don't see them as being freed).

- - - - - - - - - -
Matilda the Pygmy Puff - Sep 22, 2004 11:15 am (#112 of 251)

No day but Today
Here's what I think:

Harry- travels the world for a while, then works for MOM maybe as an Unspeakable

Hermione- Mrs Weasley the world renown magical creatures activist writer, or the most honorable journalist the Daily Prophet has ever seen, and later mother to a cart load of auburn haired babies

Ron- Auror(finally getting the glory he deserves), and later father to a cart load of auburn haired babies

Neville- Herbology Professor

Ginny- Healer

Dean- either portrait artist or employee of MOM

Seamus- married to Lavender, employee of MOM

Lavender- secretary for some higher-up in MOM, married to Seamus

Lee Jordan- works with twins, then maybe professional commentator

Percy- secretary

Draco- if not dead then wallowing in sorrow at the loss of his fortune and credibility, married to Pansy

Fred & George- continue at joke shop and become insanely rich. Fred marries Angelina, George marries Alicia.

Luna- I have no idea. I still don't like her much

Lupin- permanent DADA teacher

- - - - - - - - - -
Czarina II - Sep 22, 2004 11:36 am (#113 of 251)

I like that, Matilda. Nice, happy endings all!

- - - - - - - - - -
Kelly Kapaoski - Sep 22, 2004 12:18 pm (#114 of 251)

here is what I think for some of the charactors from the books Crabbe and Goyle: Leg breakers for The Wizarding Mafia or Professional body guards

Millicent Bullstrode: either Mrs. crabbe or Mrs. Goyle and runs a wizarding body guard buisness

Draco Malfoy: Sharing a cell with his dad in azkaban for trying to assasinate the Minister of magic Harry Potter

Harry Potter: Minister of Magic after a long carrier as an auror

Ginny Weasley: Now Known as Ginny Potter and mother of at least 2 kids and healer in chief at St. Mugo's

Fred and George Weasley: extremely Influential and rich buisness men

Percey Weasley: Head of the department of International Cooperation

Hermione Granger: now Known as Hermione Weasley and currently heads up A magical research and development firm with an Army of Paid House elves at her disposal

Lee Jordan: Owns and commintates for his quiddich team after making a lot of cash from working for Fred and George

Ron Weasley: Married to Hermione and Keeper for the Chudley Cannons

Alicia Spinnet and Angilina Johnson: Pro Quiddich Player for the Holyhead Harpies

Molly Weasley: Professional Grand mother of alot of grand children

Arthur Weasley: Now the Head of Magical Law enforcement; and has even more muggle things in his shed

Neville Longbottem: the new head master of Hogwarts after a long career as the Herbology Teacher

Severus Snape: Still the Potions master of hogwarts but now is mad because Longbottem is the head master

Lavender Brown: The Divinations Teacher at hogwarts and head of Gryffindor house

Susan Bones: The head of Hufflepuff house and the Muggle Studies Teacher

- - - - - - - - - -
Aud Duck - Sep 22, 2004 5:31 pm (#115 of 251)

"I know I have to beat time when I learn Music." "Ahh, that accounts for it. He won't stand beating."--Alice in Wonderland
Why Muggle Studies for Susan Bones? I have nothing against this idea; I'm just curious what about her strikes you as being future Muggle Studies teacher-ish.

I love the idea of Snape working under Neville. Poor guy.

- - - - - - - - - -
Kelly Kapaoski - Sep 22, 2004 8:06 pm (#116 of 251)

Susan Bones as the muggle studies teacher is something that no one hasn't put down yet on this thread

- - - - - - - - - -
therealscabbers - Sep 23, 2004 3:51 am (#117 of 251)

Petra t
LOL Snape working for Neville excellent plan!!

- - - - - - - - - -
Classicsquid592 - Oct 3, 2004 10:31 am (#118 of 251)

Matilda- why the Anti-Luna sentiments?

- - - - - - - - - -
Matilda the Pygmy Puff - Oct 5, 2004 8:15 am (#119 of 251)

No day but Today
This isn't the right thread but....I'm just not a big Luna fan. I mean I don't exactly despise her or anything....I guess it's because I love Hermione and there is all that talk about Luna being the Anti-Hermione. I don't really know.

- - - - - - - - - -
Kelly Kapaoski - Oct 5, 2004 2:54 pm (#120 of 251)

Luna Lovegood and Hermione Granger don't get along because Luna accually has an Imagination and will come up with crazy things while hermione won't believe in anything unless there is a book written about it

- - - - - - - - - -
therealscabbers - Oct 6, 2004 8:29 am (#121 of 251)

Petra t
as matilda said not the right thread - carry it on in the Luna or Hermione thread

but for my 2 knuts Luna is the anti hermione in the literary not literal sense that is she is not anti hermione just the exact opposite of Hermione

- - - - - - - - - -
scoop2172000 - Oct 8, 2004 12:47 pm (#122 of 251)

I don't think Harry, Ron or Hermione will be the teacher ... my money's on Neville. I think he'll end up as DADA -- and that'll be Snape's Worst Nightmare.

I see Harry as an Auror, Hermione as a writer and Ron working in Magical Games and Sports.

Lee Jordan's going to go work for Fred and George. I think the twins will hire Mundungus too.

Ginny? Auror too, and I think she and Harry will end up together.

- - - - - - - - - -
Aud Duck - Oct 8, 2004 5:43 pm (#123 of 251)

I'm not sure the twins will hire Mundungus. He has very little sense of honour. He may get the good/evil thing, but I think the idea that petty crime is wrong is completely foreign to him. The twins surely have better business sense than to employ him full time (though they certainly would never be above securing illegal substances through him).

I also see Ginny as an auror, though I cannot quite articulate why I see her that way.

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Oct 21, 2004 4:59 pm (#124 of 251)

If Ginny doesn't end up as a Healer, I shall indeed be sad.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Oct 24, 2004 8:56 pm (#125 of 251)

Re the idea of Susan Bones as Muggle Studies teacher, it seems like Muggle Studies is a very Hufflepuff class. The only students we know of taking it, besides Hermione, are in Hufflepuff. (Unless Percy took it--I seem to remember him saying something about it being a good class to have if you wanted to work for the Ministry. In any case, the only students in Harry's year that we know to be currently taking it are Hufflepuffs.)

- - - - - - - - - -
TomProffitt - Oct 25, 2004 4:59 am (#126 of 251)

Bullheaded empiricist
Well, you certainly wouldn't catch a Slytherin in Muggle Studies. I imagine the only reason they are in Care of Magical Creatures is for an easy grade.

- - - - - - - - - -
Prefect Marcus - Oct 25, 2004 9:42 am (#127 of 251)

"Anyone can cook"
Edited by Oct 25, 2004 9:48 am
Pansy's future career will be Mrs. Harry James Potter.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)

- - - - - - - - - -
Star Crossed - Oct 25, 2004 2:58 pm (#128 of 251)

Percy told Harry that Mr. Weasley took the class.

- - - - - - - - - -
Classicsquid592 - Oct 25, 2004 3:23 pm (#129 of 251)

Arthur had to take the class for his career. I think that in the next book we will hear more about which NEWTs are required for each career. I would expect that the OWL grades would come with a list of which NEWTs the students were able to take and which career options they could choose to pursue. When we see what NEWT level classes the students are taking I expect that we will immediately see where most of the students are going.

- - - - - - - - - -
Kelly Kapaoski - Oct 25, 2004 7:08 pm (#130 of 251)

if percy got 12 OWLs then he definatly took Muggle studies unless there are more classes offered at hogwarts beside the 12 that have already been mentioned

- - - - - - - - - -
JackO - Oct 27, 2004 9:37 am (#131 of 251)

Well, it sort of depends on what exactly one OWL is.

What I mean is, one OWL can be for a whole subject, or for only the practical or the test part of the subject.

- - - - - - - - - -
hells456 - Nov 6, 2004 7:46 pm (#132 of 251)

The exams we take at 15/16 here in England are GCSEs and they can work strangely. For most GCSEs each subject = 1 GCSE (if you pass) eg, French = 1 GCSE. Some, like English, are one subject divided into two, eg English language and English literature. You take one set of classes covering both and get 2 GCSEs at the end of it. Others, like science, can be a double award. This means that although you take separate science subjects (physics, chemistry, biology and sometimes earth science) you only get 2 GCSEs even though you might be taking twice as many science lessons as English.

Sorry if this is confusing.

- - - - - - - - - -
TomProffitt - Nov 7, 2004 8:01 am (#133 of 251)

Bullheaded empiricist
There are a lot of standardized tests in the States. Depending on which state you live in determines which set of tests you take and when. I don't think any of them have as much impact as tests in the UK, except possibly SATs (or ACTs, I think that's the other option), and that only for college admission.

The UK system may sound complicated, but it has to be more simple than what the States have to offer. Maybe a teaching (or student) member of the forum could give a better account of what they have in the states.

- - - - - - - - - -
Aud Duck - Nov 8, 2004 7:19 pm (#134 of 251)

It depends almost entirely on the state. SATs and ACTs are national, but for college admission only, as far as I know. Then, different states have various testing standards. I can only answer for Texas, where I went to school. We had to take a standardized test every year, but most years, it was mostly to grade the school on how well it was teaching us. The tests that are important for a student are those in third grade (age 8-9) and Junior year of high school (16-17). (There may be another in the middle, but I am not sure.) Those years, you must pass the test in order to move on to the next grade. The amount of information required to pass the test is considered the minimum that a student at your grade level should know. They do not affect your life after school in any way.

And, yes, it is quite complicated. I just graduated two years ago, and I am not quite sure how the system works. I am not sure if you have to pass all of the tests, or just those in a certain area, or what. But that is the general idea.

- - - - - - - - - -
Potions Mistress - Nov 8, 2004 9:27 pm (#135 of 251)

Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason.--Anon.
We have something similar in Colorado, where students in particular grades have to take the CSAP tests, which grades the school and determines state funds. I also think that there are many high schools in the States that have a required exit exam, which students must take in order to graduate. For college admissions, it's the SATs or ACTs, and for postgraduate studies, it's the GREs (grad. school), MCATs (med. school), and LSATs (law school), and possibly others that I might be missing. Personally, I hate the idea in general, in any place, of people using tests to try to determine one's life--I know people who are incredibly smart, but freeze on tests. All right, seeing as how I've not mentioned anything relating to Harry Potter, I'm going to stop now.

~pm

- - - - - - - - - -
mindy blue - Nov 14, 2004 2:54 am (#136 of 251)

PM- I, too, went to school in Colorado, but I bypassed all the CSAP stuff by a year or two, so I don't think I really had to take a standardized test until the ACTs and SATs. I took both, and the SAT is divided up into math and english, while the ACTs was divided up into two english sections, a math section, and something they call "science" but was basically reading comprehension mixed with a little common sense- at least that's what I remember. I took them both almost five years ago. My high school didn't have an exit exam. Quite frankly, it didn't take much to graduate and get into college at all, IMO. But at the same time, there was no real advice on what to do once you got to college, especially since the ACTs and SATs concentrated mostly on english and math when there is so much more out there. Basically, if you don't have a definite idea about a career, you end up wasting a lot of money.

That said, to keep on topic, I think Hermione will become a famed reporter, bringing ethics back into the profession; Neville will be the teacher of the gang, herbology of course; Ron, hmmm, not sure yet, just read some of the "Ron is Dumbledore" thread; Ginny I see as Auror or Healer; and I think Luna will walk through the veil (we had a nice little scene going in the Luna thread for this) or become an unspeakable.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maria Dunlavey - Nov 22, 2004 4:19 pm (#137 of 251)

In Massachusetts, we take the MCAS tests, and when I first took them in fourth grade, they told me "Oh, you don't have to take them again until eighth grade." However, then they went into a period of switching things around, and I took them every year since... I don't have to take them this year, though! Yay! I do need to take them next year, tenth grade year, and we have to pass them that time in order to graduate. I'm not all that worried, though; MCAS is pretty easy. I just really don't like having to take tests all day on my birthday every year. (It does mean no homework, though.) Anyway... I don't know much about SATs, etc., because I'm not there yet.

Students' future careers:
Hermione: I think she will become involved in politics somehow. She might be an author, too. No matter what, she's not going to be a stay-at-home Mom.
Ron: Tough one. I would say Auror, but I don't know if he can get the grades. Maybe a professional Quidditch player? Or a manager or something? Then again, I would think it was hilarious if he was a stay-at-home Dad. (Like mine! He does have a job, though. He just works at home.)
Ginny: Either an Auror or an Unspeakable. Or maybe a Quidditch player.
Neville: Professor. Either Herbology or DADA.
Goyle: He'll take Filch's place.
Crabbe: He'll be dead.
Draco: Tough one... If he's not dead or in Azkaban, I'll say he's going to have a boring job at the Ministry, preferably involving Muggles.

You probably noticed that I didn't include Harry. That's because I'm not sure yet if he'll survive the series, and if he does, I honestly have no idea what his profession will be... I mean, yes, he wants to be an Auror now, but will he really want to just keep fighting dark wizards forever? You'd think he'd get sick of it.

- - - - - - - - - -
Aud Duck - Nov 22, 2004 4:35 pm (#138 of 251)

Draco: Tough one... If he's not dead or in Azkaban, I'll say he's going to have a boring job at the Ministry, preferably involving Muggles. --Maria Dunlavey

Oh, Maria, that's cruel. Just because Draco deserves to work with the muggles he despises doesn't mean that the poor muggles should have to put up with him. I think I'd prefer to see Draco as a maintenance wizard at the Ministry. Nothing more interesting than bewitching windows, having to watch all that important stuff going on and having no influence over what happens, plus the indignitiy of having to give up his manor house because he can't afford to keep it up on his salary (the family fortune being, of course, gone).

- - - - - - - - - -
hells456 - Nov 22, 2004 5:15 pm (#139 of 251)

I'd like to see Draco's wand snapped and him having to live as a muggle.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maria Dunlavey - Nov 22, 2004 7:10 pm (#140 of 251)

Yes, I suppose that is cruel to the Muggles. Maybe something that has to do with muggle stuff but doesn't involve direct interaction with Muggles?

As I was typing that, I suddenly said to myself, "Draco should be a house-elf." Of course, he's a human, not an elf, but he should have some job similar to that of a house-elf. Magical Maintenance would work well for that.

Of course, it probably is possible for him to be transformed into a house-elf... but then again, this is coming from someone who once aspired to be an albatross (large seabird) when she grew up, so...

- - - - - - - - - -
Kelly Kapaoski - Nov 23, 2004 7:24 am (#141 of 251)

what would be really bad for draco is to see him working under one of the Weasley's

- - - - - - - - - -
scoop2172000 - Nov 23, 2004 9:44 am (#142 of 251)

I think Draco's future career will be that of a thief (remember, he's got the Hand of Glory.)

- - - - - - - - - -
Aud Duck - Nov 23, 2004 10:37 am (#143 of 251)

Now that you've mentioned that, Kelly, it would be very satisfying if Draco had to get a job as a tester for Weasley's Wizard Wheazes.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Nov 23, 2004 10:57 am (#144 of 251)

Somehow I don't see Draco doing anything for Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes (or anything at all for any of the Weasleys) without doing everything he can to sabotage it every step of the way.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maria Dunlavey - Nov 23, 2004 2:22 pm (#145 of 251)

It would be awesome for Draco to be Fred and George's tester... I would laugh myself silly. Where did it say that Draco obtained the Hand of Glory? His father didn't buy it for him, did he?

- - - - - - - - - -
I Am Used Vlad - Nov 23, 2004 3:31 pm (#146 of 251)

I Am Almighty!
Maria, JKR said in an interview that Draco got the Hand of Glory in CoS. We do not "see" this happen in the book, as you point out.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maria Dunlavey - Nov 23, 2004 4:42 pm (#147 of 251)

All right. Thanks for clearing that up. (If anyone knows which interview, that would be very much appreciated, though — not meaning that I don't trust you, I'm sure you're right, but I have this thing where I'm uncomfortable until I have the exact wording — I can't even deal with it when the Lexicon paraphrases pieces of passages that would take up an annoying amount of room; I always have to go find them in the book.)

- - - - - - - - - -
Amilia Smith - Nov 23, 2004 5:58 pm (#148 of 251)

I think the interview referred to is the online chat from 16 October 2000. The question and answer are as follows:

Did you ever make a study of herbs and other Hogwarts subjects, or did you create all those classes from inspiration?

Most of the magic is made up. Occasionally I will use something that people used to believe was true - for example, the "Hand of Glory" which Draco gets from Borgin and Burkes in Chamber of Secrets.

Hope that helps,

Mills.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maria Dunlavey - Nov 24, 2004 6:34 am (#149 of 251)

Thanks. Like I said, I'm just really obnoxious that way.

- - - - - - - - - -
Mara Jade - Dec 9, 2004 6:56 pm (#150 of 251)

Perhaps Draco could take over Mr Filch's job?

Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The students' future careers Empty The students' future careers (Post 151 to 200)

Post  Elanor Sat May 21, 2011 8:48 am

Aud Duck - Dec 9, 2004 11:14 pm (#151 of 251)
I don't know. I'd rather like to see the person that succeeds Filch actually enjoy his job, the way Hagrid seems to enjoy being gamekeeper. It's not a glamourous job, but the right sort of person really could like it, or at least like being at Hogwarts. Hogwarts is a special place. It nees happy people. Now, the same sort of job at St. Mungo's I wouldn't object to.

- - - - - - - - - -
Classicsquid592 - Dec 12, 2004 12:31 am (#152 of 251)

Or perhaps Draco as a resident at St. Mungo's who, though fully conscious, cannot move from his bed which is right next to Gilderoy Lockhart.

- - - - - - - - - -
Aud Duck - Dec 12, 2004 8:12 am (#153 of 251)

That's quite a satisfying picture, Classicsquid.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maria Dunlavey - Dec 15, 2004 5:56 pm (#154 of 251)

It is indeed. And of course, he has to suffer through Lockhart's endless prattle and get autographs showered on him.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if this made Draco into a Lockhart fan?

- - - - - - - - - -
Joshua Little - Dec 24, 2004 9:14 pm (#155 of 251)

To my understanding Neville is very good at alot of thing he just lack the confidence to try.

- - - - - - - - - -
Kelly Kapaoski - Dec 25, 2004 2:56 pm (#156 of 251)

what would shock Mrs. Longbottem is if Neville managed to get into the NEWT level classes to become an Auror or he managed to find a cure for his Parents

- - - - - - - - - -
Chris. - Dec 26, 2004 3:21 am (#157 of 251)

It WOULD be a great thing, but I think he'll become a Healer, and perhaps he will cure his parents.

- - - - - - - - - -
Magical Me - Jan 8, 2005 4:00 am (#158 of 251)

Okay, my predictions:

Harry: Reserve Seeker, and then Seeker, for a pro team for a few years. Then he does Auror training and joins the Ministry. I don't think he's political enough to fight for a top job, though. So I doubt he'll be Minister. Marries some awfully lovely lass and has children (Godfathers - Hagrid, Dumbledore?. Godmothers - Hermione, Molly Weasley).

Ron: Deceased (sorry everyone!)

Hermione: Possibly an Unspeakable - lots of scope for her brains. Doesn't marry young - not too many wizards could handle her, I think.

Neville: Works for a nursery in Diagon Alley, before succeeding Sprout at Hogwarts.

Draco: Does whatever his Dad's job is called (ie schmoozy aristocrat).

Crabbe/Goyle: Don't stay to do NEWTS. Don't know what they end up doing, and I'm not sure we're meant to care much.

Percy, Gred, Forge: More of what they're already doing.

Dean Thomas: Goes back into the Muggle world (uses Divination to become a market analyst?).

- - - - - - - - - -
Wand Maker - Jan 16, 2005 9:47 pm (#159 of 251)

I figure that JKR will kill off one of more students before the end of the serires. Here are my predictions for each, if she doesn't kill them off:

Harry - I originally thought he would become an auror, but after battling (and defeating Voldemort, I think that he might become an unspeakable after reading the previous postings. With all of the additional attention he will get in WWII, I think he will really want to stay out of the spotlight. Certainly he would not become MoM. I think that there is a good chance that he would remain single. I get a strong feeling of like Frodo in LOTR, and Luke Skywalker in Star Wars - Having close ties to Ron and Hermione, but be somewhat seperate from the rest of the Wizarding community structure.

Hermione - I would expect that she would indeed become an activist/writer and perhaps be invited to Join the Mom in the reformed Magical Creatures department. Will marry Ron.

Ron - Will play for the Chudley Cannons. Will marry Hermione.

Ginny - I like her as a healer or unspeakable. She has a very strong will and will be formidable at whatever she does.

Neville - Continue on at Hogwarts as a future Herbology Professor.

Luna - Works for her father at the Quibbler.

Ernie - Works for the MoM. Will rise high, perhaps even to Minister.

Susan Bones - Will follow her aunt in the Ministry.

Lee Jordan - Will most likely work for Fred & george.

Draco - Will likely not have to work as he inherits his family fortune.

Crabbe - Unknown.

Goyle - Unknown.

Pansy Parksinon - Marrys Draco and remains at home.

Cho Chang - Unknown. I think that she has served her purpose in the series and will not be important in the future. She might play quidditch...

- - - - - - - - - -
Snuffles - Jan 17, 2005 5:44 am (#160 of 251)

Olivia
Im hoping that the Malfoy's lose their fortune somehow due to Lucius being in Azkaban and Draco ends up being Fred and George's tester at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes!

- - - - - - - - - -
Wand Maker - Jan 17, 2005 6:46 am (#161 of 251)

It is possible that the Malfoy fortune is smaller than we are led to believe. When The Rockafellers finances were scruitinized before Nelson Rockafeller was appointed Vice President in the USA, it was discovered they had far less money than most people thought. It was their name, reputation, connections, and actions that perpetuated their power.

Draco could fritter away the family fortune, but I think that the only way he would be a testor for Weasley's Wizard Wheezes would be as an unknowing one!

- - - - - - - - - -
GryffEndora - Jan 18, 2005 10:10 am (#162 of 251)

Our heads could do with filling with some interesting stuff, for now they're bare and full of air, dead flies and bits of fluff
I think Harry may want to follow in his Parent's footsteps career wise, and since we've yet to learn what Lily and James did for a living (I don't believe James was unemployed as the Dursley's say nor that he just lolled around living off his inheritance) I think we have yet to be shown Harry's future career.

- - - - - - - - - -
Kelly Kapaoski - Jan 18, 2005 2:22 pm (#163 of 251)

Crabbe and Goyle will replace stan and ernie on the Knight bus

- - - - - - - - - -
timrew - Jan 18, 2005 4:09 pm (#164 of 251)

Middle-aged Harry Potter fan
LOL! And Draco will replace the shrunken head.........

- - - - - - - - - -
Prefect Marcus - Jan 18, 2005 4:51 pm (#165 of 251)

"Anyone can cook"
Edited by Jan 18, 2005 3:51 pm
timrew - LOL! And Draco will replace the shrunken head.........

Nah. The job requires too much intelligence.

- - - - - - - - - -
MickeyCee3948 - Jan 18, 2005 6:13 pm (#166 of 251)

"Nah. The job requires too much intelligence". Love that one Perfect Marcus. I see Draco along the lines of Wand Maker, spending the family fortune on real estate just to find the area is going to be flooded for a new dam.

Mikie

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Jan 19, 2005 5:59 am (#167 of 251)

Back in business
Stan is still quite young, Kelly, do you think he'll get toasted?

- - - - - - - - - -
Kelly Kapaoski - Jan 20, 2005 2:57 am (#168 of 251)

no he won't get toasted; he will probably own the knight bus by then and hire on Crabbe and Goyle

- - - - - - - - - -
David H. Hessler - Jan 20, 2005 12:42 pm (#169 of 251)

Ron: Though many have alluded to Ron working in some field in Quidditch, I don't think Ron will work for either the Department of Magical Games and Sports or a Quidditch team. Ron isn't politically enough to really want to work in the Ministry. In addition, I don't think Ron is quite good enough to play Quidditch professionally. Wood was a better Keeper than Ron, and Wood only made the reserve list. However, I do agree with the general idea that Ron will want to be involved in Quidditch as a vocation. Personally, I think Ron would make an excellent referee. Ron was excellent in diffusing the situation between Seamus and Harry in their fifth year. According to Quidditch through the Ages, a Referee must be an excellent flyer, pass written examination about the rules, and must be able to deal with offensive player without jinxing them. Ron is quite a good flyer, ostensibly has an excellent knowledge of the rules (how could you not with three brothers who played Quidditch for Gryffindor), and from the Seamus-Harry altercation we see that he could deal with pressure quite well.

Lee Jordan: I would imagine that all Quidditch commentators work for the Department of Magical Games and Sports so Lee Jordan will probably be a commentators working in the Ministry.

Fred & George: I think they will keep working at their joke shop. After all, if they are very successful and doing what they always dreamed of, then why would they ever leave?

Neville: There has been a lot of talk of Neville becoming a Healer, which personally, I just don't see where it's coming from. While, it would certainly be interesting, I think Neville associates St. Mungo's with his Mother & Father and thus would not want to work there. I think Neville will become Professor of Herbology. I doubt he will get higher than a P in his OWLs other than Herbology (he might get an O in the practical section of his Defense OWL, but I don't think he will get an O in the written exam).

Ernie: If there isn't someone more perfect for a job in the Ministry, then I will eat a Flobblerworm.

Hermione: Hermione's has too many clear vocational options for me to make a clear guest. However, I have been able to narrow down the list. While Hermione has the academic ability to be an Auror, it just does not seem in Hermione's character to pick a job that involves a lot of combat. Hermione prefers wit to wands when dealing with an adversary. Similarly, we can eliminate any position in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement for the same reasons. Hermione's love of all things magic will make any position involving Muggles. In addition, the Department Magical of Catastrophes (This is actually a sub-department of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement that deals with keeping the Muggles unaware of magic. It also contains: Office of Misinformation and Oblivator's Office) does not seem to be something Hermione is interested in. Lastly and most obviously, she won't be involved in Banking.

Harry (assuming he lives): It is possible that Harry will become both a Seeker and an Auror. Dai Llewellyn, Roderick Plumpton, and Victor Krum were both very young when they became famous. As people get old, they naturally get heavier, which would make it more difficult to be a seeker. So it is possible that Harry plays during his tenure at Hogwarts. I do agree with the consensus that if Harry had to choose between Quidditch and an Auror, he would choose to be an Auror. After all, he loves playing the hero, and clearly has an almost wunderkind skill at it. It is obvious that Harry's lack of potions ability has more to do with Snape than Harry (if the student hasn't learned, then the teacher hasn't taught). I think Dumbledore could recommend Harry for Auror training and would explain his poor marks in Potions.

Draco: Draco's who identity is based upon the idea that he is superior to everyone around him. However, with Lucius's true indentity as a Death Eater being public knowledge, I doubt the Malfoy family will be forever marked. Therefore, Draco's whole identity will be destroyed. I don't think he will be able to deal with it, and will eventually become unhinged. I think that his idolizing his father will also make Draco want to delve into the Dark Arts. Yet, Draco's motives will never be megalomania. He is more of the pleasure in anarchy type. This will make it difficult for the Ministry to stop Draco because, previous Dark Wizards have always acted strategically.

- - - - - - - - - -
Aud Duck - Jan 23, 2005 3:17 pm (#170 of 251)

I don't know that Dumbledore will need to intervene for Harry to become an auror. Firstly, I don't think that the auror recruiters are likely to count Snape's treatment of Harry as a good excuse for failing Potions. They are more likely to be of an "if he couldn't put up with that, how does he intend to survive as an auror?" opinion. However, Harry will (I assume) have defeated Lord Voldemort. The ministry is likely to think that anyone that can defeat the most powerful dark wizard in a century is likely to be able to handle a job as an auror, and that a bad grade in potions can be overcome with diligent study.

- - - - - - - - - -
Wand Maker - Jan 23, 2005 6:26 pm (#171 of 251)

I would also think that Harry's past and near future real world experience with dark wizards would factor into the Ministry's decision to accept Harry for auror training. Training could even involve only polishing what Harry has already learned. You can't fault success.

- - - - - - - - - -
Neville Longbottom - Jan 30, 2005 2:01 am (#172 of 251)

I doubt he will get higher than a P in his OWLs other than Herbology (he might get an O in the practical section of his Defense OWL, but I don't think he will get an O in the written exam).

But if he gets an O in the practical exam, isn't it nearly impossible then to get a P overall? Maybe an A, if he does really badly on the written exam, but a P? Also, I think it was not by accident that Harry noticed how happy Neville looked during the Potion's OWL.

- - - - - - - - - -
MoonRider - Feb 1, 2005 2:43 pm (#173 of 251)

Neville: Herbology teacher at Hogwarts.

Ron: Head of Magical Games and Sports at the MoM.

Harry: Auror

Hermione: Lawyer or Politics (The Wizengamot, maybe----I don't know if people have lawyers.)

- - - - - - - - - -
Aud Duck - Feb 6, 2005 2:33 pm (#174 of 251)

I don't really see Hermione as a lawyer. If she doesn't become some sort of activist, I see her wanting a profession that will utilize her magic abilities as well as her intelligence.

- - - - - - - - - -
frogface - Feb 16, 2005 3:20 pm (#175 of 251)

I see Hermione as future Transfiguration Teacher, and vice headmistress with Lupin becoming Headmaster of Hogwarts Smile

- - - - - - - - - -
Aud Duck - Feb 19, 2005 8:45 pm (#176 of 251)

I still can't imagine Lupin ever returning to Hogwarts unless his lycanthropy is cured. It's not just a matter of wizarding opinion; it's also Lupin's own perception that he is potentially a danger to everone there. He's already slipped up once. I don't see him ever again putting himself in a situation where he could potentially harm the students or the staff.

- - - - - - - - - -
frogface - Feb 20, 2005 5:22 am (#177 of 251)

I don't really see it either, but its a nice thought lol

- - - - - - - - - -
Fawkes-The-Phoenix - Jun 11, 2005 12:09 am (#178 of 251)

Nooooooo!!!!!!!Ron & Hermione CAN'T be together...DEATH TO RONALD!!!!!!!!!!
Hagrid- will become head of Magical Creatures at MOM after going to Romania to ask charlie to help rally the dragons against lord Voldie,maybe he'll see not-so baby norbert!Awwww! Draco-His family fortune will collapse, he can't find a job and ends up on the streets of hogsmeade, begging for money...well can't get my hopes up can I?

- - - - - - - - - -
timrew - Jun 11, 2005 2:46 pm (#179 of 251)

LOL Fawkes, Draco on the streets of Hogsmeade, selling the 'Big Issue', and living in a cardboard box - or better still, The Shrieking Shack.

For anyone outside the UK, the 'Big Issue' is a magazine sold by the unemployed on your local high street to provide them with some money. It's quite good, too!

- - - - - - - - - -
dizzy lizzy - Jun 11, 2005 4:16 pm (#180 of 251)

There is more to life than increasing its speed: Mahatama Ghandi.
Tim; this is OT I know, but our (Aussie) homeless and unemployed people who live in the major cities (Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne etc) can also sell the "Big Issue". I always buy it when I am in Sydney or Brisbane and I always get two copies ( one for me to read and one to give away and raise its profile). And it is a good read :Smile: .

So LOL on Draco selling the "Big Issue"!!!

Lizzy

- - - - - - - - - -
OkieAngel - Jul 13, 2005 7:31 pm (#181 of 251)

Here is my two knuts worth on the character's future occupations, assuming they survive VWII.

Harry - I think he will take some time to enjoy life for awhile, maybe play Quidditch for England and win a world cup. After that I can see him considering joining the MoM as an Unspeakable, but decides that he would rather return home to Hogwarts, so he takes the position of DADA professor, thus ending the "curse." He will teach DADA until Headmistress McG retires, when he then becomes Headmaster.

Ron - As much as Ron would like to become an Auror, I don't think he has the grades for it, and unless he does some major improving over the next two years, I don't see playing professional quidditch as an option either. I can see him in a managerial role for a team, or perhaps working in the Games dept of the MoM, or even as quidditch/flying instructor at Hogwarts when Hooch retires. I don't see him working with the twins at the joke shop, being as he'll always be "ickle ronnie" to them.

Hermione - Given the fact that she'll be able to have her pick of jobs, I see her tackling several things at once. She'll likely join the MoM, probably care of Magical Creatures Dept. and start revolutionising the way things are done from day one. After getting all the ducks in a row there, she could move on to the DoM, and work on some of those annoying unanswered questions. Once that is done, I can see her turning down the many pleas to become Minister of Magic, so that she could retire to Hogwarts to replace Mdm Pince as Librarian and finally be with her beloved books all the time. Well, all the times that she wasn't needed as Harry's Deputy Headmistress.

Neville - Healer
Ginny - Auror, then Curse-breaker for Gringott's
Luna - Unspeakable in DoM

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Jul 13, 2005 8:35 pm (#182 of 251)

I think Harry might become an Auror and weill end up being as good if not better than Moody.

- - - - - - - - - -
Kip Carter - Aug 2, 2005 11:30 am (#183 of 251)

co-Host with Steve on the Lexicon Forum, but he has the final say as the Owner!
This thread was closed down during the sixteen day period surrounding the release of Book Six. It is now opened for posts.

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Aug 2, 2005 5:16 pm (#184 of 251)

I think Bill Weasley may end up as the head liason of the ministry to werwolves.

- - - - - - - - - -
David Breeze - Aug 3, 2005 11:24 am (#185 of 251)

Neville and Luna will travel the world together looking for Rare plants (in Neville's case) and Crumple-Horned Snorkjacks (In Luna's case). On their exploration, they will discover a cure for cancer and save millions of muggle lives.

Upon their return, Luna inherits the Quibbler, turns it into a respectable newspaper, and eventually buys out the Daily Prophet. Neville becomes Herbology Profesor and eventually rises through the Hogwarts ranks to become Headmaster.

Harry becomes the best Auror the ministry has ever had.

Ron bacomes a profesional quidditch for the Chudley Cannons, winning them their first league title since 1800&whatever, however, he cannot get into the national side because Oliver Wood is too good. Upon retirement he becomes head of the Department of Magical games & Sports. Using his expert knowledge, he also designs and manufactures his own broomstick, which turns out to be even better than the firebolt.

I don't really know what will happen to Hermione... Campaigner? Authur? Healer? Mother to Ron's children?

Harry will become the best Auror the ministry ever had.

Arthur Weasley will become Minister for Magic.

Fred and George become galleon millionaires.

Ginny marries Harry and does some job or other.

- - - - - - - - - -
sere35 - Aug 3, 2005 4:59 pm (#186 of 251)

David Breeze I have to disagree about Luna and Neville curing cancer. I don't think wizards have cancer so them both being pure bloods would have no idea what it is even. Also if it was a magical plant that did it wizards would have to be the ones to make the potion which they would not do because of the statue of secrecy and because I don't think they care that much.

- - - - - - - - - -
Netherlandic - Aug 6, 2005 12:33 pm (#187 of 251)

I like the plants/Snorcacks theory very much!

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Aug 7, 2005 3:58 pm (#188 of 251)

I'm sure it's been stated, but I think it'd be great if Harry ended up teaching DADA @ Hogwarts. After LV is dead, and the curse is lifted, of course.

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Aug 8, 2005 7:33 am (#189 of 251)

Back in business
I'm afraid it won't happend, Brandi.

one of the characters, one of Harry’s classmates, though it’s not Harry himself, does end up a teacher at Hogwarts. But, it is not, maybe the one you think, hint, hint, hint. [...] No, it’s not Ron. I can’t see Ron as a teacher. No way. (The Connection, 12 October, 1999)

- - - - - - - - - -
Saralinda Again - Aug 8, 2005 7:54 am (#190 of 251)

My Patronus is a Crumple-Horn Snorkack
Well, the hint hint hint eliminates Hermione, so I suppose I can now breathe a deep sigh of relief and know that somehow Neville will assuredly survive to teach Herbology.

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Aug 8, 2005 8:02 am (#191 of 251)

Back in business
I think it's Neville too (for DADA). ^_~

- - - - - - - - - -
Saralinda Again - Aug 8, 2005 8:21 am (#192 of 251)

DADA? Really?

Hmf. Well, it could work. Like Snape, he could be equally qualified to teach either subject.

Must think about that ...

- - - - - - - - - -
Tomoé - Aug 8, 2005 8:49 am (#193 of 251)

Back in business
He was Harry second best student in the DA, and someone significant have to break the unfortunate destiny trend, not any Joe Wizard. Neville is perfect for the post! ^_^

- - - - - - - - - -
Herm oh ninny - Aug 8, 2005 1:51 pm (#194 of 251)

"Accio treats!"
And let's not forget that he got an Exceeds Expectations in his DADA OWL!

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Aug 11, 2005 9:24 am (#195 of 251)

Me kayaking, Niagara River, August 2006. I have been likened to Reepicheep in this photo.
I agree it's Neville, as that statement eliminates all of the trio. I'm thinking Professor Sprout dies in the war in Book 7, just because, as much as we like her, she hasn't been amazingly prominent in the story, and that would open up Neville' courage – bring out the true Gryffindor in him by helping out the Hufflepuffs. He will then take over the Herbology position. Sorry, no DADA for Neville.

Can you see his business card? Professor Longbottom, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I don't think so.

- - - - - - - - - -
Saralinda Again - Aug 11, 2005 9:44 pm (#196 of 251)

And he could be Head of Gryffindor House. And Granny, if she's anything like the other grannies I know [ahem], would be unable to avoid utterly busting her buttons with pride. He'd be a true son of Frank and Alice. Smile

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Aug 12, 2005 4:46 am (#197 of 251)

Wicked thought if, say Draco "turns from the dark side" and teaches DADA, though I really don't think that'll happen. He'd be a bit worse than Snape, don't you think?

- - - - - - - - - -
tamerlane - Aug 12, 2005 8:28 am (#198 of 251)

Harry will wait a couple of years to decide that teaching is where he belongs. It has been made very clear that Harry will not be an auror. He will not be involved with the Ministry. He, like DD, does not want a life in politics. He will spend his time at Hogwarts guiding and influencing the young so there will not be another Voldemort.

Hermoine will enter the ministry. She does not have the personality to be a teacher. She would be like professor Binns. She will want to make a difference with policy and law.

Ron will take a job similar to his dad.

Neville will teach, Luna will publish and Ginny will do what ever she sets her mind to.

- - - - - - - - - -
Herm oh ninny - Aug 12, 2005 9:03 am (#199 of 251)

"Accio treats!"
Tamerlane, I like all of your predictions except for Harry.... Jo has said that one of the kids will teach, but that it won't be Harry.

- - - - - - - - - -
M A Grimmett - Aug 12, 2005 10:22 am (#200 of 251)

But the Headmaster doesn't teach classes, does he?

Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The students' future careers Empty The students' future careers (Post 201 to 251)

Post  Elanor Sat May 21, 2011 8:49 am

Madam Pince - Aug 12, 2005 2:13 pm (#201 of 251)
The eyes are the windows to the soul...
Can you be a Headmaster without having first been a professor? And I don't know, I just can't see them installing an 18-year-old with no teaching experience as Headmaster, even if it is The Chosen One. Or were you meaning he'd somehow eventually be Headmaster, years from now?

I must admit that that JKR interview has always frustrated me, because Harry keeps referring to Hogwarts as his "home," and he did such a great job of coaching the DA. I think he'd be a great teacher. But, she has nixed that idea. How annoying.

- - - - - - - - - -
Saralinda Again - Aug 12, 2005 3:01 pm (#202 of 251)

I know this is going to make me an attractive target, but there is plenty of mythic example for heroes who sought a hermit existence after the battles.

I can picture Harry and Ginny setting up housekeeping in Hagrid's hut, or near there, if Hagrid is still alive.

I can see Harry happy as the Keeper of the Keys for Hogwarts, making an impression on young minds, and offering the same kind of "different point of view" that Hagrid often gave to Harry when he was first starting out. And wouldn't it be totally cool for him to be the first wizard that new kids saw? Wouldn't it be wonderful for him to change children's lives the way Hagrid's appearance changed his?

- - - - - - - - - -
tamerlane - Aug 15, 2005 10:48 am (#203 of 251)

The only interview I know about JKR says that she does not see harry as an academic. I doubt she went into detail about only one teaching because she will not reveal if any survives. If that were the case then she is admitting that harry wins because if Harry looses to Voldemort I doubt there will be a Hogwarts in the future.

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Aug 15, 2005 11:34 am (#204 of 251)

The eyes are the windows to the soul...
Here's the interview quote, Tamerlane: (courtesy of Tomoe's post very early on in this thread)

The Connection, 12 October 1999

Q: Anyway, it’s very exciting. We just love Harry Potter. We’re curious ---- well first of all we can’t wait for Books 4, 5, 6 and 7. But after that, we’re curious as to whether Harry is going to have a life after Hogwarts, or if maybe, Harry might be a Hogwarts teacher.

JKR: Well, because all your kids said ‘hello’ so nicely in the background there, I am going to give you information I haven’t given anyone else and I will tell you that one of the characters, one of Harry’s classmates, though it’s not Harry himself, does end up a teacher at Hogwarts. But, it is not, maybe the one you think, hint, hint, hint. Yeah, one of them does end up staying at Hogwarts, but ---- Do the kids want to guess at it, Kathleen?

Q: Do you guys have a guess as to who it is? (Kids shouting in background) Ron

They say Ron.

JKR: No, it’s not Ron. I can’t see Ron as a teacher. No way.

Q: Well, we have just been having such a fun time with Harry Potter and we’re so thrilled that you took our call. We’re just all absolute huge fans. Thank you so much. You make our day everyday.

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Sep 12, 2005 11:44 am (#205 of 251)

Maybe Luna is the future teacher at Hogwarts. I'm glad Hermione won't be teaching. Those poor children. Can you imagine the amount of homework she'd assign.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Sep 14, 2005 1:26 am (#206 of 251)

Flutterby, I LOVE the image of Luna as a teacher!! Maybe she could teach DADA--she'd certainly be no worse than many of the ones they've had. She could enlighten her students about all the jinxes, plots, and dangerous creatures that only the Quibbler seems to know about.

But JKR said one of Harry's classmates (italics mine). Luna isn't in the same year. Unless the definition of classmates is bent, she wouldn't qualify.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Sep 14, 2005 5:08 am (#207 of 251)

Neville could teach Herbology and Luna could teach DADA.

- - - - - - - - - -
Saralinda Again - Sep 14, 2005 8:21 am (#208 of 251)

Luna teaching Divination conjures some interesting images.

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Sep 14, 2005 12:12 pm (#209 of 251)

I think that would be too much like Trelawney teaching. Though, maybe not. Trelawney's more of a fraud. Luna actually believes the stuff she comes out with.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Sep 14, 2005 1:07 pm (#210 of 251)

What about History of Magic? Luna certainly would add a different spin on the history books!

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Sep 14, 2005 4:55 pm (#211 of 251)

She'd even be entertaining. It would become everyone's favorite class.

Of course, the result would be some very interesting answers to the OWL and NEWT questions.

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Sep 14, 2005 7:18 pm (#212 of 251)

Me kayaking, Niagara River, August 2006. I have been likened to Reepicheep in this photo.
Obviously, Luna would teach Quidditch commentating.

Yeah, so, I really think it's Neville, as much as I would like to see Luna teach. Neville's just the main child character if you take away the trio, Ginny, and Malfoy (which is a lot, but he's right up there).

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Sep 14, 2005 7:19 pm (#213 of 251)

Question 1.

Who was the Minister of Magic during the second rise of the dark wizard Lord Voldemort, and what is the real reason that he was dismissed from the job?

Correct Answer: The Prime Minister during the second rise and fall of Lord Voldemort was Cornelius Fudge. It was asserted that Fudge was asked to leave because of his attempted cover-up of Lord Voldemort's return, but in actuallity, Fudge resigned due to pressure from the Goblin Coalition which arose from Fudge's involvement in a covert attempt to use his office to overtake Goblin gold supplies.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Sep 14, 2005 8:14 pm (#214 of 251)

Also, the goblins were pretty unhappy about being cooked in pies.

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Sep 14, 2005 9:39 pm (#215 of 251)

Well, I think they were more unhappy about their relatives being cooked in pies, as the cooked ones weren't talking much.

Who would eat a Goblin pie? Ick.

- - - - - - - - - -
M A Grimmett - Sep 15, 2005 1:23 pm (#216 of 251)

Tastes like chicken?

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Sep 15, 2005 6:34 pm (#217 of 251)

Might be rather gamey.

Of course, it's the spicing that makes the difference.

- - - - - - - - - -
Derek Robertson - Sep 25, 2005 6:17 am (#218 of 251)

Harry - Pro Quidditch player (seeker)

Ron - Pro Quidditch Player (keeper)

Hermione - MoM employee

Neville - Herbology Teacher (Sprout dies in book 7 or shortly after or retires)

Ginny - Auror

Seamus & Dean - Run the WWW Hogsmeade Branch

Luna - Reporter for the Quibbler

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Sep 25, 2005 9:25 am (#219 of 251)

I see Hermione being a teacher - she loves knowledge and books so much.

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Sep 25, 2005 12:13 pm (#220 of 251)

Well, she won't be one at Hogwarts. Tomoé's post very early on in this thread gives a nice quote to contradict that:

Q: Anyway, it’s very exciting. We just love Harry Potter. We’re curious ---- well first of all we can’t wait for Books 4, 5, 6 and 7. But after that, we’re curious as to whether Harry is going to have a life after Hogwarts, or if maybe, Harry might be a Hogwarts teacher.

JKR: Well, because all your kids said ‘hello’ so nicely in the background there, I am going to give you information I haven’t given anyone else and I will tell you that one of the characters, one of Harry’s classmates, though it’s not Harry himself, does end up a teacher at Hogwarts. But, it is not, maybe the one you think, hint, hint, hint. Yeah, one of them does end up staying at Hogwarts, but ---- Do the kids want to guess at it, Kathleen?

Q: Do you guys have a guess as to who it is? (Kids shouting in background) Ron

They say Ron.

JKR: No, it’s not Ron. I can’t see Ron as a teacher. No way.

If I understand those hint, hint, hints correctly, it's surely not Hermione, and she eliminates Ron and Harry. I agree with Derek Neville will probably be the teacher.

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Sep 25, 2005 6:14 pm (#221 of 251)

I think Hermione would be great at St. Mungo's. Or maybe she could teach at Beuxbatons (sp?).

- - - - - - - - - -
Neville Longbottom - Sep 26, 2005 2:28 am (#222 of 251)

My guess is that Hermione will join the ministry under a hopefully better minister and work in the Department that deals with the treatment of magical creatures. She could finally find a way to help the house-elves.

- - - - - - - - - -
M A Grimmett - Sep 26, 2005 12:06 pm (#223 of 251)

Perhaps Hermione will head that department and work to get rid of the prejudice against them.

- - - - - - - - - -
Honour - Oct 1, 2005 4:10 am (#224 of 251)

Actually I hope Neville with his love and knowledge of plants finds his way to becoming a healer, he has the heart for it and maybe finding a cure for his parents' illness may inspire him towards this.

As for Hermione I actually did see her eventually taking up a position at Hogwarts as maybe the Transfiguration teacher, I quite like the idea of Hermione in her 70's being quite similar to Minerva. But yes after leaving school I could well see Hermione working in the MOM.

Harry if he survives book 7 I would also like to see in his 70's being the Hogwarts headmaster, I think he would make a wonderful headmaster and impart the pearls of wisdom bestowed upon him by Dumbledore to the future generations of the Wizarding World ..."Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

- - - - - - - - - -
Mrs Brisbee - Oct 1, 2005 5:23 am (#225 of 251)

Actually I hope Neville with his love and knowledge of plants finds his way to becoming a healer, he has the heart for it and maybe finding a cure for his parents' illness may inspire him towards this. --Honour

I wanted to see Neville become a Healer, too. I thought he might have an aptitude for it. But one of the prerequisites for Healer is a NEWT in Potions, and Neville isn't taking Advanced Potions, so alas, that idea is done I think.

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Oct 1, 2005 7:04 am (#226 of 251)

I think (I could be wrong) One must first be a teacher at Hogwarts before becoming Headmaster. And, I think (I could be wrong), JKR has said Harry will NOT be teaching. This leads me to hope that Harry could, at least, be on the Board of Directors (whatever it's called). He would make sure that Hogwarts never closes it's doors again.

- - - - - - - - - -
Honour - Oct 1, 2005 4:53 pm (#227 of 251)

My goodness guys he would be 'THE Great Harry Potter' do you think if he wanted to live out the last years of his life at Hogwarts as the Headmaster that he would be turned away? Especially if his second was Hermione, the Herbology teacher was Neville, Fred and George on the Board of Governors, and Ron as the Minister of Magic...hee hee hee

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Oct 1, 2005 7:29 pm (#228 of 251)

Fred and George on the Board of Governors would really be a frightening thought.

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Oct 3, 2005 3:39 pm (#229 of 251)

After defeating LV, Harry will go on to open an ice cream shop on Diagon Alley. He'll go on to help other students with their homework. Particularly History of Magic, as he will take up a large portion of the text book after LV's downfall.

- - - - - - - - - -
Mrs. Sirius - Nov 9, 2005 12:14 pm (#230 of 251)

Mom of 4 in serious lurker mode.
I don't think anyone here has said that it will be Malfoy teaching at Hogwarts. No one seems to think it will be him, but consider JK said someone you don't expect, so yes he qualifies there. Everyone seems to think Neville, to me Neville seem a natural for Hogwarts.

Malfoy, has had a terrible experience. Initially he did want to be friends with Harry, Harry rejected him. He was a nasty little snobby git however he did not have it in him to kill DD, he lowered his wand. If Snape and DD had a plan, which I think they did, Snape has taken Malfoy to protect him. Should Malfoy survive Voldie's wrath and the series, he is going to need a place to be himself away from his nasty parents, should they survive, and figure out who he is and what he wants. Hogwarts would be a natural place.

Harry I fear will not survive whole, if at all. So sorry to have come to that conclusion.

- - - - - - - - - -
frogface - Nov 13, 2005 4:46 am (#231 of 251)

I've seen someone suggest (in an editorial on another website famous for good editorials Wink ) that Fred and George could one day go on to teach at Hogwarts. It's certainly not someone I would have thought about as teachers before but its deffinately a fun idea!

- - - - - - - - - -
Neville Longbottom - Nov 14, 2005 7:16 am (#232 of 251)

No one seems to think it will be him, but consider JK said someone you don't expect,

She did this back in 1999, right after the release of PoA, when Neville still was a highly unlikely candidate (and I think she was refering to Hermione in her interview).The rumours that Neville will become a teacher mainly exists because of this interview. It's not that people suspected he will become teacher, and then JKR said: "No, it's someone you don't expect".

- - - - - - - - - -
Honour - Dec 15, 2005 3:52 am (#233 of 251)

Oh My Goodness Neville, you don't mean Won Won do you? :-)

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Jan 17, 2006 12:46 pm (#234 of 251)

Here is a thought perhaps Draco comes back at so,me point to Hogwarts to teach DADA or Potions.

- - - - - - - - - -
Mrs. Sirius - Jan 17, 2006 10:05 pm (#235 of 251)

A great reformation, Draco is due. He I think is the most likely since he had that life transforming event at Hogwarts. If he come through the Dumbledore murder thing with his life, I can see Hogwarts as his great refuge.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 18, 2006 7:57 pm (#236 of 251)

I think I'd rather have a werewolf teaching my kids than a braty former Death Eater. LOL I'm assuming he would be a "former" DE.

- - - - - - - - - -
Mrs. Sirius - Jan 18, 2006 10:22 pm (#237 of 251)

Oh, yeah. That is a must.

- - - - - - - - - -
bigearl - Feb 10, 2006 2:01 pm (#238 of 251)

I like it !!!

Draco taking over Snapes position as Potions Master and Head of Slytherin, and being denied the DADA job every year and being a jerk to any future Potters or Weasleys. Nice Idea, but I see Draco dead or in Azkaban.

I always saw Hermione becoming Head of Gryffindor House someday.

- - - - - - - - - -
Mrs. Sirius - Feb 10, 2006 11:48 pm (#239 of 251)

I believed that JK has nixed the idea of any of the trio becoming staff at Hogwarts.

- - - - - - - - - -
MichaelmasGal - Feb 11, 2006 7:33 am (#240 of 251)

I don't think Ron will survive to have a career. I think Harry will be a bit lost after defeating Voldy and will stay very private and under ground for a while, maybe taking odd jobs for his close friends, doing some traveling. Hermione will continue to try to unite the entire magical community, maybe with a job at the MoM or independently. Neville will work as an Auror as his father and mother did.

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Mar 15, 2006 5:22 pm (#241 of 251)

I think Ron will come to terms with his less than privaledged childhood and come under his father in the Office for the Misuse of Muggle ARtifcats. There he will discover his love of all things Muggle and follow in Arthur's footsteps. He'll then spend the rest of his career getting on to F&G about doing things like bewitching cars. I just can't see any of the Trio dying. How depressing. ick.

- - - - - - - - - -
Esther Rose - Mar 16, 2006 7:47 am (#242 of 251)

I think Harry and Ginny will become the directors for an Orphanage for Parentless Wizard kids.

- - - - - - - - - -
Deb Zawacki - Apr 1, 2006 5:24 pm (#243 of 251)

Luna will take over the ice cream store in Diagon Alley naming all the treats after the crazy creatures: Snornak Sundaes, flavored pumpkin juice cocktails, Thestral cones--you can feel them but you can't see them...

Ginny will open a night club called the Bat Bogey Boogie!

Fred and George will buy Olivanders and go legitimate....

Hermione will open a one--day dental clinic--no need for braces any more! She'll invest a toothpaste that fixes all cavaties.

Ron will invent some new kind of broom that muggles can use that makes him so much money that he will be wealthier than even Harry.

Neville opens up a DADA dojo and becomes a famous instructor black belt....creates steroid-free body building supplements from herbs and plants.

Percy becomes a custodial apprentice to Argus Filch.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Apr 1, 2006 6:41 pm (#244 of 251)

It just dawned on me that Luna, who seems to be the complete opposite of Hermione, mentions the Rotfang Conspiracy, when it is Hermione's parents that are dentists.

Duh!!!

- - - - - - - - - -
Deb Zawacki - Apr 13, 2006 5:24 pm (#245 of 251)

OK here's some weird stuff--

Viktor Krum comes from a family of pastry chefs and bakers--so he opens a store in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade called

Viktor's KrumCakes: Puddings, Pies,and all variety of Gourmet Magical Sweets.

Gilderoy Lockhart regains his memory and he and Rita Skeeter have a talk show something like Regis and Kelly!

If Arthur becomes Minister or something similar, Molly will have to dress up more often and becomes a fitness finatic--possibly orgnaizing a senior league of women's quidditch players.

Luna will replace Hagrid as teacher of magical creatures and will create just as many wild varieties as he did.

Neville is going to become a nightclub singer--he liked dancing so much and comes out of his shell to become a total heartthrob!

- - - - - - - - - -
Laura W - Apr 15, 2006 5:55 am (#246 of 251)

Deb Zawacki wrote: OK here's some weird stuff--

You mean, as opposed to the totally non-weird stuff you suggested in your April 1 post? (Chuckle, chuckle.)

Keep them coming, Deb. Hilarious!

Laura

- - - - - - - - - -
Deb Zawacki - Apr 15, 2006 4:54 pm (#247 of 251)

Ok, um... Neville sticks Gran in an old-wizard's home and auctions off her buzzard hat on Wiz-Bay!

- - - - - - - - - -
timrew - Apr 15, 2006 6:36 pm (#248 of 251)

LOL, Deb! Okay.......how much for the buzzard hat?

- - - - - - - - - -
Deb Zawacki - Apr 16, 2006 3:35 pm (#249 of 251)

Ok I'll try to do something serious (keeps a poker face). . . .

Ron is such a guy--know what I mean--he's into sports and chess and girls--he wants to drink fire whiskey and he curses. He drove the flying car, he's curious about how things work--a lot like his father. Even though the idea of being an auror appealed to him--I think it was more of a macho thing--he knows a lot of wizard history but in an offhand way...

To me he seems like someone who'd be happy running a custom broom shop in Diagon Alley and racing on the weekends--if he were a muggle he'd have his head under the hood of his car... Even if he is madly in love with hermione, I can't imagine him settling down just yet--he definitely needs to sow some oats,

- - - - - - - - - -
timrew - Apr 16, 2006 3:42 pm (#250 of 251)

Okay, Ron is a hard-drinking, swearing, flying-car flying, oat-sowing son of a gun.

There can only be one career for him. An airline-pilot!

- - - - - - - - - -
irish flutterby - Apr 17, 2006 4:49 am (#251 of 251)

No, I somewhat agree wit Deb. Ron will grow up to start the Wiz equivalent of NASCAR. Muscle-broom races. His broom will be sponsored by Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The students' future careers Empty Re: The students' future careers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down