HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will die in books 6/7?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who will die in books 6/7? - Page 2 Empty Who will die in books 6/7 (Post 1201 to 1250)

Post  Elanor Sat May 21, 2011 11:07 am

Magic Words - Aug 28, 2006 9:32 pm (#1201 of 1297)
That's what I'm thinking, too. *cough* phoenix patronus *cough*

- - - - - - - - - -
Valfunde - Aug 31, 2006 9:44 am (#1202 of 1297)

University Pre-Health Professions Advisor
Edited by Aug 31, 2006 9:46 am
I apologize that this has nothing whatsoever to do with who will die in Book 7 - I just thought of something crazy, but pretty cool if you believe Lily was very important to Snape with love or friendship. Snape's patronus could be what Lily's patronus was! We don't know either! Harry will find out what his mom's patronus was (like "prongs" for his dad and how it's now Harry's) and Harry will feel all warm and wonderful getting these warnings or important messages from what he thinks is the patronus of his mother, so it must be from an ally, right? Harry will wonder thoughout the book - who is this? - how could this be? THEN, (SHOCK) Harry finds out without a doubt that Snape has been helping him/assisting him/sending him vital information with Lily's (now Snape's) patronus!!! What do you guys think?

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Aug 31, 2006 9:51 am (#1203 of 1297)

*Completely Obsessed With Harry Potter*
Valfunde > "Harry will find out what his mom's patronus was (like "prongs" for his dad and how it's now Harry's)"

But James' patronus was not a stag (or at least we don't know if it was). His animagus form was a stag and Harry's patronus form is a stag - there's a difference.

- - - - - - - - - -
Valfunde - Aug 31, 2006 4:28 pm (#1204 of 1297)

University Pre-Health Professions Advisor
DUH! You are most correct, Choices. That's what I get for posting quickly (sneaking some Lexicon time at work) and not thinking it through first. [Typing as I am wiping egg off face.]

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Aug 31, 2006 5:20 pm (#1205 of 1297)

LOL Been there, done that. I've had lots of "DUH" moments here. No problem!

- - - - - - - - - -
Ludicrous Patents Office - Sep 3, 2006 7:24 pm (#1206 of 1297)

I think Snape's patronus is a bat. He is often compared to one. **still don't buy him having a Phoenix patronus***. I think Snape will survive. He is such a good Slytherin. We probably won't know at the end of the series if he is good or evil. LPO

- - - - - - - - - -
Magic Words - Sep 4, 2006 10:12 am (#1207 of 1297)

Whoa now, LPO. You're certainly entitled to think Snape's patronus is a bat, he's a good Slytherin, etc. But if JKR NEVER lets us know whether he's good or evil... that's the only scenario I've heard so far where I might have to do something drastic, like send hate mail.

- - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Sep 4, 2006 12:41 pm (#1208 of 1297)

Practically perfect in every way
She can't leave "Snape, traitor or hero" hanging surely ?? it is as gripping as "Harry, will he live or die????"

I think I would be with Magic Words, this is one thing she dare not leave up in the air!

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Sep 4, 2006 2:03 pm (#1209 of 1297)

If we don't find out where Snape's loyalties lie, you can bet I'll be dipping my quill in the old ink bottle and firing off some complaints. My post owl will be in worse shape than Errol when I get done. LOL

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Sep 4, 2006 9:20 pm (#1210 of 1297)

She can't leave "Snape, traitor or hero" hanging surely

Interesting expression ... considering Snape and the "hanging man" references on the Alchemy thread! For what it's worth, I think Jo knows some fans are just as interested in Snape, his backstory, and his loyalties as they are in what happens to Harry.

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
wynnleaf - Sep 5, 2006 4:40 am (#1211 of 1297)

Last month, when JKR agreed with Salmon Rushdie that, "your opinion is correct," it seemed to me that she was primarily agreeing with his opinion that everything about DD's death hinged on whether or not Snape was good or bad. If JKR agreed with that, then she will certainly be telling us what his loyalties are in Book 7.

- - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Sep 5, 2006 9:50 am (#1212 of 1297)

I have this feeling that Bella is going to die, but not in battle. Seeing Voldemort loose will be too much and she will take her own life.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Sep 5, 2006 9:54 am (#1213 of 1297)

As long as Voldy is alive, Bella will follow him.

If he goes, she'll go, but I think it will be in a battle, not suicide.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Sep 5, 2006 11:12 am (#1214 of 1297)

I agree Haymoni - I just don't see JKR including suicide in a children's book (Yes, I know they are not, strictly speaking, "children's books", but JKR will be concerned for her younger readers.) If Bella buys the farm, I think it will be in battle.

- - - - - - - - - -
Ludicrous Patents Office - Sep 5, 2006 4:10 pm (#1215 of 1297)

I think Bella's instability will hasten her end. She tends to be so overconfident. She may try something rash to get back into Voldemort's good graces and wind up dead.

Didn't Jo also say some people will hate the way it ends? LPO

- - - - - - - - - -
journeymom - Sep 5, 2006 6:14 pm (#1216 of 1297)

Yes she did, LPO. *shivers*

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - Sep 6, 2006 10:57 am (#1217 of 1297)

I don't think there will be suicide, but not because it's a children's book. Jo said she was surprised at first when people called her a children's author. She said she never felt of herself as a children's author. The books got classified as children's books and she accepts this now, but she started writing for herself, and opened with a double murder and an abused child.

As for her statement about people hating the ending, I think that has to do with shipping. Rabid shippers are going to implode after it's all over, unless I'm very much mistaken. Shipping, unfortunately, often takes emphasis away from plot issues, and Jo is a plot driven author.

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Sep 6, 2006 11:48 am (#1218 of 1297)

The eyes are the windows to the soul...
I sort of got the impression from what she said about some people might hate the ending, was kind of her way of saying "You can't please everyone" and "There's no accounting for taste" all in the same breath. She is constantly floored by the fact that there are Snape fans and Draco fans, so it could just be that she is preparing fans (of them, or of Hagrid, or of Percy, or of whomever) that their favorites might not make it.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Sep 6, 2006 12:02 pm (#1219 of 1297)

We haven't been completely happy with a book so far - why would Book 7 be any different?

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Sep 6, 2006 6:51 pm (#1220 of 1297)

Me kayaking, Niagara River, August 2006. I have been likened to Reepicheep in this photo.
Yes, I think she just made that remark to cover all ends – after all, I loved OoP but all Sirius-obsessers were truly shaken. Obviously, she can't have a nice happy ending to conclude it all, and something's got to happen that won't please everybody.

- - - - - - - - - -
Ludicrous Patents Office - Sep 6, 2006 7:58 pm (#1221 of 1297)

Jo has mentioned she would like to apologize to Harry for what she has put him through. Harry has already lost many people important to him. It would be awful if he is the only one left. If Hagrid, Ron and Hermione die he will not have a happy ever after. LPO

- - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Sep 7, 2006 1:09 am (#1222 of 1297)

To clarify what I said about Bella - I cant see her putting her wand to her head and doing an ak on herself. She is too full of her own self-importance. I can see her doing something suicidal like taking on 12 aurors at once in order to go out "in a worthy manner". That she will do something knowing it will cost her her life,partly so she can be with the Drak Lord in the next big adventure.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Sep 7, 2006 6:18 am (#1223 of 1297)

Yes - going out in a blaze of glory is definitely her style.

- - - - - - - - - -
Deb Zawacki - Sep 8, 2006 7:03 pm (#1224 of 1297)

At Neville's hand. She will taunt him and probably even ry to "Crux" him but he may have invented an herb-based potion of some sort to ward off the effects and he'll surprise the heck out of her. That plant he got and nurtured so much--we never really fully saw him do anything with it.

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Sep 8, 2006 11:30 pm (#1225 of 1297)

I definitely think Neville is going to take out Bella. I can't see her killing herself, unless it was something like throwing herself in front of somebody's AK to try to protect Voldemort or something.

- - - - - - - - - -
Madame Pomfrey - Sep 9, 2006 6:05 am (#1226 of 1297)

I agree,Madame Pince.And won't that make granny in the vulture hat happy? Neville will have his day.

- - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Sep 9, 2006 6:43 am (#1227 of 1297)

My guess is that either Neville will kill Bella after Voldemort has died (will she bee in too much shock to protect herself?) or will sacrfice herself in vain to save her Dark Lord. If it's the latter the problem is that she wouldn't see how futile she was. If its not Neville then Narcissa will snap and kill Bella to protect Draco.

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - Sep 9, 2006 7:09 am (#1228 of 1297)

I heard that Jo talked to her husband about someone she killed in book seven, and he said something sort of like "Oh, dont do that." I don't have the direct quote here. If Neil reacted that way, I think we can count on a good guy dying and fairly early in the books, since Jo must have been fairly early along in the process. Of course, I'm just throwing out a theory here and I can't prove it.

I shall have to go hunt down the exact quote.

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Sep 9, 2006 3:11 pm (#1229 of 1297)

Oooo, Phelim, I like the Narcissa angle, too! That could also be interesting. Sisters-catfight!

Die Zimtzicke, that's the quote that I am very much afraid portends disaster for Hagrid. As you say, just a theory, but I'm scared for him...

- - - - - - - - - -
Thom Matheson - Sep 9, 2006 4:52 pm (#1230 of 1297)

I like the Neville thought but I see him doing it with a plant rather then a wand

- - - - - - - - - -
painting sheila - Sep 9, 2006 5:51 pm (#1231 of 1297)

Doing one of the things I love best . . .
What about the plant he recieved as a gift - wasn't it the Tentaculla thing? I think that is the way to have Neville come into his own - use what he is best at. Why would JKR have made such a point of having him be the best at herbology and never let him shine?

- - - - - - - - - -
Thom Matheson - Sep 9, 2006 8:04 pm (#1232 of 1297)

Wow, Bella gets cursed with the Crucio, lands in St Mungos, and Neville sends her a Devils Snare to finish the job, in front of his parents. They see Bella and recover their memories just as Neville walks in to visit.

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Sep 9, 2006 8:29 pm (#1233 of 1297)

I definitely think Neville is going to take out Bella.

Thanks, Madam P. I've been saying this all along, and it's good to have company! I do not see Bella as the suicide type, either. On the other hand, I could see her annoying either Narcissa or Voldemort--yes, Voldemort!--to the point where one of them snaps and AKs her.

Solitaire

Edit: I wouldn't cry if Bella suffered the same horrid fate as the Longbottoms. She deserves it, if anyone does. And yes, a plant killing her in St. Mungo's would be a nice touch.

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Sep 9, 2006 9:43 pm (#1234 of 1297)

On the subject of the Longbottoms. There is one who I can see as having to hesitation about killing Bellatrix. I think if Augusta Longbottom would be capable of killing Bellatrix more so than Neville would be after all Aigisya is a formidable witch in her own right.

- - - - - - - - - -
Thom Matheson - Sep 10, 2006 6:57 am (#1235 of 1297)

Other the Charms of course.

- - - - - - - - - -
painting sheila - Sep 10, 2006 8:18 am (#1236 of 1297)

OH Nathan! Ilike the idea of Neville's grandmother taking out Bella. If she and Neville worked together it might soften their relationship.

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - Sep 11, 2006 7:34 am (#1237 of 1297)

If Augusta did it, I think the strain would kill her,and then Nevile, like Harry, would have to go on as the lone hero type.

- - - - - - - - - -
painting sheila - Sep 11, 2006 8:28 am (#1238 of 1297)

Die Zimtzicke - Why would you think the strain would kill her? She seems to be a very formidable witch. Not some one to take lightly.

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Sep 11, 2006 2:08 pm (#1239 of 1297)

Die Zimtzicke, I respectfully disagree. The only two people Neville has shown fear of are Professor Snape and his grandmother, Augusta. Neville's fears arein my opinion well founded. She reminds me a great deal of Minerva in the sense that I believe that I would take at least four stunning spells if not more to disable her.

Augusta also reminds me of the stories that were told to me by my grandfather about his mother. She was a formidable woman who when crossed became nearly implaccable. According, to the stories I have been told her wrath was so terrible to behold that my great grandfather and all her children were quite careful not to arouse her ire. Augusta Longbottom strikes me as the same sort of person, one who when her anger is woken it is nearly impossible to quench it.

I think that were she ever to cross Bellatrix, I think that the battle would be joined and that Bellatrix may end up defeated,

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - Sep 11, 2006 6:25 pm (#1240 of 1297)

I just think there are too many connections and/or similiarities between Harry and Neville, and that Neville may well wind up on his own, too, to make his own decisions. It's hard for me to ignore the links between Harry and Neville.

His grandmother seems formidable, but Bellatrix is no pushover, and much younger, with more probable experience in dark spells. No one fighting her is going to take her down without major effort.

- - - - - - - - - -
legolas returns - Sep 12, 2006 12:08 pm (#1241 of 1297)

Dont you need more that righteous anger to make a unforgivable curse to work? You would need to really mean it. I cant see Neville being able to AK someone even if it is Bellatrix.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Sep 12, 2006 12:43 pm (#1242 of 1297)

I'm guessin' our Neville can conjure up enough righteous anger to AK the woman who stole his parents from him.

Go Neville!!!!

- - - - - - - - - -
legolas returns - Sep 12, 2006 12:47 pm (#1243 of 1297)

I could see Neville giving her back her own medicine rather than killing her. He an Grandma could give her a nice bit of the cruciatus curse together and it hurting.

- - - - - - - - - -
Thom Matheson - Sep 12, 2006 2:42 pm (#1244 of 1297)

The requirements are the same for both. Neville has only known his parents from a hospital bed. No trips to the park, no story telling, just knowing that his parents have been robbed from him and he can't tell them even that he loves them. Not have it in him to do the deed? Neville isn't a Griffindor for nothing. Remembrell this Bella.

- - - - - - - - - -
Magic Words - Sep 12, 2006 6:07 pm (#1245 of 1297)

Neville can conjure up enough righteous anger for an AK, but Harry can't?

Sorry, I don't see it.

- - - - - - - - - -
Thom Matheson - Sep 12, 2006 7:17 pm (#1246 of 1297)

Harry didn't really know his parents. Neville has lived the torture his whole life. Much more painful I should think.

- - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Sep 13, 2006 3:50 am (#1247 of 1297)

Also, remember that Neville has both seen the effects of a creature ( a spider) under the Cruciatus and been under the curse himself, as well as living with the reality of his parents. Harry found out what happened to his parents over a period of time. Neville has known much longer. Also look at Harry's determination to stop Voldemort, prophecy or no prophecy. There are parrallels here between Harry and Neville. As someone who believes that Harry will be able to AK Voldemort, because he has to be stopped, I believe Neville will be able to do the job concerning Bella.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Sep 13, 2006 5:49 am (#1248 of 1297)

Harry has reminded himself time & time again that all that is wrong with the world right now is the result of Voldy: he had to live with the Dursleys because of Voldy, Neville's parents were tortured into madness because of Voldy, the Crouch family was ruined because of Voldy, Draco is now doing who knows what because of Voldy, numerous families have members who are dead, missing and tortured because of Voldy...his list goes on & on.

I'm guessin' he can come up with enough righteous anger also!

Go Harry!

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Sep 13, 2006 8:04 am (#1249 of 1297)

Plus, remember that it doesn't necessarily have to be an AK that kills a wizard, does it? I mean, maybe they could do some sort of spell that causes a big boulder to fall down a cliff and hit her on the head or something. (I know, I know.... but just a corny example.)

- - - - - - - - - -
Chemyst - Sep 23, 2006 4:21 pm (#1250 of 1297)

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." A.A. Milne
maybe they could do some sort of spell that causes a big boulder to fall down a cliff and hit her on the head or something.
~ envisions a road-runner phoenix outsmarting a werecoyote ~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Who will die in books 6/7? - Page 2 Empty Who will die in books 6/7 (Post 1251 to 1297)

Post  Elanor Sat May 21, 2011 11:08 am

Thom Matheson - Sep 23, 2006 5:20 pm (#1251 of 1297)
Just look it up in the ACME Book of Spells.

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - Sep 23, 2006 9:41 pm (#1252 of 1297)

Beep, beep!

- - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Sep 25, 2006 8:11 am (#1253 of 1297)

We don't want Harry to do that because the boulder usually hits the attacker rather than the intended victim.

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Sep 25, 2006 9:23 am (#1254 of 1297)

OK, everybody sing now...

"Bell-a-trix... the Order is after you!
Bell-a-trix... if they head-bonk you, you're through!
That Potter boy is really full o' mayhem...
When will you learn that you never can AK him?
Poor little friend Neville never bothers anyone,
Just dancing at the Ball's his idea of having fun!"

(Apologies to all for the terrible rhyme and to the mods for this getting waaaaaay off topic....)

- - - - - - - - - -
Ludicrous Patents Office - Sep 25, 2006 5:19 pm (#1255 of 1297)

LOL Madame Pince. What a wonderful Song. LPO

- - - - - - - - - -
Meoshimo - Sep 25, 2006 5:28 pm (#1256 of 1297)

There are loads of people who could conjure up enough anger to kill Voldemort.

- - - - - - - - - -
Chemyst - Jul 9, 2007 11:58 am (#1257 of 1297)

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." A.A. Milne
Wow! The last post was really September!
And here I am finally ready to predict that...

Harry will Die! But it will be in the epilogue, not during his 17th year.

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Jul 9, 2007 8:23 pm (#1258 of 1297)

I think Snape will die in the process of trying to offer help to Harry.

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Jul 10, 2007 7:33 am (#1259 of 1297)

Oh, interesting thought, Chemyst! (You're just full of them, aren't you? I wish I had your brains...) So something along the lines of "After the defeat of Voldemort, Harry and Ginny married, became Aurors, raised seven children and lived long and happy lives until Harry finally passed through the Veil at age 92 when he flew his broom into a tree while trying to show his great-grandson how to do a Wronski Feint and his bifocals fell off midway through the maneuver."

I like it! Kind of like Secondhand Lions. It's yet another way to confound the people who are taking the bets on whether or not Harry will die... yes, he'll die, but in the "future" rather than in the "present."

- - - - - - - - - -
Ludicrous Patents Office - Jul 10, 2007 8:44 am (#1260 of 1297)

LOL Madam Pince. I love that movie.

Good Idea Chemist.

There are several hints about Ron dying. I think Hermione is in as much danger. Ron may be the red herring for Hermione actually dying. LPO

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Jul 10, 2007 9:46 am (#1261 of 1297)

I think Snape will die in one of two ways:

He will die defending the Trio and Draco from Greyback.
Snape dies defending Draco from one of Bellatrix's rages.

- - - - - - - - - -
TwinklingBlueEyes - Jul 10, 2007 10:57 am (#1262 of 1297)

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking"
Bad as I hate to put it in print, I think Hagrid is a goner. As mutch as I have resisted the thought, watching COS the other day clinched it for me. The scene in the movie, Hogwarts wouldn't be the same without you, so different from the book, is what I think gave JKR the chills.

...toddles off to indulge in happier thoughts...

- - - - - - - - - -
Joanna Lupin - Jul 10, 2007 10:59 am (#1263 of 1297)

Why would Bellatrix attack Draco though, Nathan?

I don't think I am clever enough to bet on any death. Everyone is in equal danger IMO. Moody is a likely guess (he isn't as quick as he used to be. He sustained injuries in the last two books.) Anyone else can go - no idea...

I wonder if you've read this article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Sorry, I have yet to learn how to post links) it's a humor story about JKR hating her creation - amusing...

- - - - - - - - - -
TwinklingBlueEyes - Jul 10, 2007 11:09 am (#1264 of 1297)

Now that is a very tongue-in-cheek article. And I'd never believe JKR would really mean those statements, given the amount of time, and her life, she has given to these books.

- - - - - - - - - -
Joanna Lupin - Jul 10, 2007 11:27 am (#1265 of 1297)

Edited Jul 10, 2007 12:23 pm
You can't deny it is a laugh, though, can you? Especially the bit about Voldemort. LOL

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Jul 10, 2007 12:21 pm (#1266 of 1297)

Bellatrix would probably kill Draco for being a coward and failing to do the task appointed to him.

- - - - - - - - - -
TwinklingBlueEyes - Jul 10, 2007 12:25 pm (#1267 of 1297)

Laugh because it is a very cleverly written article to please the mindless? Yes. Laugh because there might be some truth in it, nope. Not even a smile here.

- - - - - - - - - -
MickeyCee3948 - Jul 10, 2007 12:59 pm (#1268 of 1297)

Nathan Zimmermann I think Bellatrix and Narcissa will be the ones to battle with Draco ending up looking after him mother after the smoke has cleared.

Mickey

- - - - - - - - - -
Joanna Lupin - Jul 10, 2007 1:01 pm (#1269 of 1297)

Yup - you got me there TBE! Call me Joanna the dunghead

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Jul 10, 2007 3:29 pm (#1270 of 1297)

I agree with Joanna that Moody will probably get it in Book 7 ... and for the reasons you state. I'm sorry to say that I, too, believe Hagrid will slip behind the veil in DH. There is a kind of animal simplicity and childlike innocence in Hagrid, joined with his love of and devotion to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I think he will die attempting to save one or all of the trio.

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Jul 10, 2007 3:39 pm (#1271 of 1297)

Or possibly trying to save Grawp.

The "animal simplicity" you mention -- it would make Hagrid's death sort of the Old Yeller of the Harry Potter series... I hate it when they kill the pet! But I agree with you -- I think Hagrid is going to die.

Also Percy. And probably Luna. And either Lucius or Narcissa, or maybe even both (killed by Voldy, though, not "our" side.)

And... Snape. I hate to write that...

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Jul 10, 2007 4:27 pm (#1272 of 1297)

It will be interesting to see what would happen to Draco if both parents were killed. Would he take refuge with other DEs? Would he go over to the Order? If he remains with Snape, it is difficult to say what could happen to either of them. His presence may put a crimp in Snape's plans.

Someone above said something about Bella taking out her rage on Draco or attacking him ... I must say that I can think of situations which could trigger this. Although Bella seemed more "together" in HBP than previously, I still think her cauldron is missing a few ingredients ... and if Draco speaks out against the Dark Lord, I could see it pushing her over the edge. She is pretty close to it already.

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
Ludicrous Patents Office - Jul 10, 2007 5:52 pm (#1273 of 1297)

LOL Solitaire! I agree, Bella's cauldron is missing a few key ingredients!

I think Hagrid will die defending Hogwarts. I think Voldy will take over Hogwarts. LPO

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Jul 10, 2007 8:10 pm (#1274 of 1297)

LOL! What was it Gary Oldman said in the HBO "First Look" thing -- something like "...my cousin Bellatrix, who's gone a bit loopy" or "gone around the bend" or something like that? It was pretty funny...

- - - - - - - - - -
TwinklingBlueEyes - Jul 11, 2007 7:53 am (#1275 of 1297)

"I still think her cauldron is missing a few ingredients ..."

I LOVE that statement!

Maybe because it applies to me?

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Jul 11, 2007 3:51 pm (#1276 of 1297)

Initially, I'd said she was "a few sandwiches short of a picnic" ... but that didn't seem very "wizard-y," so I changed it!

- - - - - - - - - -
Deb Zawacki - Jul 11, 2007 5:01 pm (#1277 of 1297)

The movie Bella CERTAINLY made her look like a candidate for some really potent animal tranquilizers!

- - - - - - - - - -
Liz Mann - Jul 15, 2007 12:41 pm (#1278 of 1297)

Join us for the Philosopher's Stone Watch-A-Long
I don't want to get too excited about this, and I have no idea if it has been mentioned on here at all (it may well have), but I was just reading Mugglenet's "What Will Happen In Harry Potter 7?" for the first time and I found this passage.

"In 1999, J.K.R. did a reading at the Barnes and Noble bookstore in Naperville, Illanois. While her appearance is undocumented, MuggleNet webmaster Emerson Spartz had a chance to speak with the manager about the event. According to her, during the question-and-answer session with the fans, J.K.R. was asked if Harry, Ron and Hermione live through Book 7. Surprisingly enough, she answered the question and said yes. It's important to keep in mind that this happened before everything that J.K.R. said was documented, and before the books had become international bestsellers."

The reason I'm trying not to get too excited is because Emerson heard it from the manager, not directly from J.K. herself. The manager could have remembered the wording of the question wrong, or J.K. might have given a longer answer that the manager translated as meaning yes.

Still, it's possible that J.K. answered this question before she decided to start winding fans up by making them wonder.

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Jul 15, 2007 2:05 pm (#1279 of 1297)

Didn't she say that two characters she'd originally planned to survive would not? R&H could be those two. Sorry to point that out.

- - - - - - - - - -
Liz Mann - Jul 15, 2007 2:30 pm (#1280 of 1297)

I can't believe that she'd change the fates of any of the very major characters at this point. They'd all be so planned out and such an integral part of the plot that there's no way she'd be able to change it at this point.

Besides, if she really did say that Harry, Ron and Hermione survive, and now she's changed her mind about Ron and Hermione, then that means Harry will have to live without his best friends - his team. I can imagine maybe one of them dying but two? That's just pointlessly cruel. And it would kind of defeat the object of one of the major themes - that people are a lot worse off on their own.

I think the 'two' might be FnG, since it is two people. Though I can't see the purpose of her killing them. Unless the Dark Side decide their inventions are too much help to the Order.

- - - - - - - - - -
legolas returns - Jul 16, 2007 2:43 pm (#1281 of 1297)

These are my last death predictions before the release of the book

Ginny will die mid way through the book. Reinforcing Harrys feelings of being alone and determination to get rid of Voldemort. Harry deserves to keep the girl but the reality of war will be different.

Rest of the Weasleys-If one died it might bring reconcilation with Percy. I would rather that this does not happen though.

Snape-He will either get it from the good guys (for killing Dumbledore) or the bad guys if he turns out to be on the good side. Alternatively he might give a dementor a wee touch of indegestion.

Draco-Will be killed on Voldemorts orders

HRH-Will probably survive

Neville-Will die and Grandmother will be proud.

Members of the order-I would cry for evermore if it was Lupin. Hagrid would be upsetting too. Mad Eye-is quite old. I vote-Tonks reinforcing Lupins isolation.

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Jul 17, 2007 6:44 pm (#1282 of 1297)

Neville-Will die and Grandmother will be proud.

I say Neville will kill Bella and go to teach at Hogwarts ... and Grandma will be even prouder!

I'm sorry to say that I think at least one Weasley is not going to make it. I don't know which one is more vulnerable ... but that scene in OotP with Molly's clock makes me fear for them all.

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
Allison R - Jul 17, 2007 6:56 pm (#1283 of 1297)

Saying goodbye to a friend: We love you, Dusty Bunny. You will be missed.
I agree, Soli-- there's too many of them for them all to escape unscathed. I'm thinking the one I'd hate to see go the least is Percy-- preferably after reconciling with the rest of the family so they won't all be as wracked with guilt about it all. Poor Molly! I feel guilty wishing any of her boggarts would become real, but there you have it.

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Jul 17, 2007 6:58 pm (#1284 of 1297)

Solitaire, of all Weasley's I think Percy is most vulnerable because in a way he reminds me of Javert, in the sense that his pride prevents him from admly leads to his untimely deathitting a mistake and this mistake ultimately brings about his death.

- - - - - - - - - -
Anna L. Black - Jul 18, 2007 9:46 am (#1285 of 1297)

I'm afraid that one of the twins will die.... TO prove that war breaks some of the strongest bonds. But I really don't want it to happen. I also fear for Hagrid, and for Lupin. Snape might die, but it will be while contributing to the good side somehow.

- - - - - - - - - -
Liz Mann - Jul 18, 2007 9:54 am (#1286 of 1297)

The Weasleys in the order of how upset I'd be at their death (least upset first) are:

Percy (it's actually kind of fitting)

Charlie (because we've hardly seen him)

Bill (though I don't think he will because I think his disfigurement is the outcome of the war for him)

Mr Weasley (I suspect he might, although he's come close to it before so that might be it for him)

Twins (I debated putting them after Molly because I love them so much, but I'm half-expecting it because of the 'two more characters die' thing)

Mrs Weasley (I would be very upset because she is Harry's mother substitute)

Ginny (Harry should end up with her in the end and if she dies I will greatly expect Harry to do so as well)

Ron (because he's my favourite character - and he has to end up with Hermione and have lots of red-haired kids with their noses in books)

- - - - - - - - - -
Esther Rose - Jul 18, 2007 10:02 am (#1287 of 1297)

I actually am beginning to believe that all of the Weasley's will die except for Ron and Ginny. (per Molly in OOtP)

- - - - - - - - - -
M A Grimmett - Jul 18, 2007 11:56 am (#1288 of 1297)

I don't think JKR would kill off Percy--who besides Molly would miss him? I think any Weasley marked for death would be a lot more likeable because their death would mean more to the readers.

Also, does red hair=red shirt?

- - - - - - - - - -
Luna Logic - Jul 18, 2007 12:11 pm (#1289 of 1297)

from the other side (of the Channel)
In OotP, when Molly has the scene with the Boggart, the only Weasleys we don't see dead are Charlie and Ginny (and Molly).(Bloomsbury p. 159-160) But perhaps Molly has seen them before Harry's arrival?

- - - - - - - - - -
Steve Newton - Jul 18, 2007 1:52 pm (#1290 of 1297)

Librarian
Perhaps she has but since JKR didn't show them to us, and she easily could have, it suggests a meaning. Will they be the ones to live or the ones to die?

- - - - - - - - - -
Jenniffler - Jul 18, 2007 6:16 pm (#1291 of 1297)

Searching for gold in the HP world. Oh, here it is!
Also, does red hair=red shirt?

No, they clash horribly.

What if Death Eaters storm Number Four Privet Drive and Petunia uncharacteristicly(sp?) steps in front of an AK meant for Harry? It would make a great plot twist.

- - - - - - - - - -
legolas returns - Jul 19, 2007 10:56 am (#1292 of 1297)

I keep on changing my mind about who is going to die. Today I have decided it must be Hagrid and Lupin. Both deaths would really upset me. These are the last two of Harrys great protectors outside those who have already died.

- - - - - - - - - -
M A Grimmett - Jul 19, 2007 1:46 pm (#1293 of 1297)

I'm starting to think Hagrid is a definite goner, as is either Ron or Hermione. It's awful to think of losing our friends, but at least we can go back to earlier books.

- - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Jul 20, 2007 2:08 pm (#1294 of 1297)

If Ron and Hermione, and Harry and Ginny survive and get married don't you worry for the poor Hogwarts staff when their children go to school. I think even Binns would give up then!

- - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Jul 20, 2007 2:23 pm (#1295 of 1297)

Hagrid is the only goner I feel sure about. I hope I'm having crow for breakfast.

- - - - - - - - - -
Ms Amanda - Jul 20, 2007 3:55 pm (#1296 of 1297)

Ok, here goes. Pomona Sprout for teacher to die. Perhaps Irma Pince, Argus Filch, or Madam Pomfrey.

One of the Weasleys has to die - perhaps Fleur after the wedding? I worry about Fred and George, but I don't believe they are gone... I believe Percy is the one with the most to atone for. I'll vote him. Although Arthur might be a good choice, too.

Mad-Eye will probably die. Pettigrew will die. At least one Malfoy will die. We'll learn how to thin down the dementor population, too. Fenrir will die.

A student in Harry's year will die. I have my fingers crossed that it will be noone who went to the Ministry with Harry. I'm thinking perhaps Cho or someone outside of Harry's house. If it has to be someone inside Harry's house, then Lavender.

I hate to see Hagrid die because of the almost-finished quality of his relationships. But Grawp and Madame Maxime may have to carry on without him. I figure the Forest is so out of control now that he could die at any number of hands.

I'm sure there will be off-scene deaths as there were in Half-Blood Prince. People we only somewhat know will be reported as missing or as having the Dark Mark set over their house.

Creatures will die as well. A House Elf, a centaur, and someone's pet. Please don't let it be Fang, Hagrid has been through enough.

- - - - - - - - - -
Liz Mann - Aug 9, 2007 10:49 am (#1297 of 1297)

Well, Ms Amanda, you got four right - Mad-Eye, Pettigrew, a House Elf and someone's pet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2