HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wedding

Go down

The Wedding Empty The Wedding

Post  Elanor Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:06 am

The Wedding

This topic serves as an archive of a thread from the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum as hosted on World Crossing which ceased operation on April 15, 2011. Elanor

haymoni - Nov 29, 2005 9:35 pm
Edited by Kip Carter Feb 17, 2006 12:49 am
I am very curious about Bill & Fleur's Wedding.

Where will it be? I can't see Fleur settling for the gnome-filled garden at the Burrow. Are there Wizarding Party Centers? For this reason, I think they might want to hold it at Hogwarts.

Who will be there? I'm guessing all the Weasleys, Fleur's family - the Veela Grandmuzzer? Gabrielle? What about the Order Members? Wouldn't this be dangerous having all these Order Members in the same place? Another reason to have the Wedding at Hogwarts - protection - as long as they get rid of that Cabinet anyway!

Will Mundungus be there? Fred & George may insist upon it, not knowing that he was pilfering things from #12.

If the wedding is held at Hogwarts, I could see this as Harry's reason to come back to the school. He may find time to visit Dumbledore's portrait or to check out the Room of Requirement.

Will the Wedding be elegant or full of fluff?

Maybe they'll just elope!
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The Wedding Empty The Wedding (Post 1 to 50)

Post  Elanor Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:07 am

Choices - Nov 30, 2005 11:32 am (#1 of 197)
*Completely Obsessed With Harry Potter*
Weddings are traditionally held at the home of the bride or at her home church. The wedding could be held on Fleur's home ground, at the Weasley's, at Hogwart's (an outdoor wedding by the lake would be nice), at 12 Grimmauld Place (Harry could graciously offer the use of his house to them) or they could elope. I wonder if the same man who spoke at Dumbledore's "funeral" will conduct the wedding? He is the closest thing to a minister we have seen (other than the ghostly Fat Friar). It's anybody's guess.

- - - - - - - - - -
kingdolohov - Nov 30, 2005 1:51 pm (#2 of 197)

I hope it's not at 12 Grimmauld Place; that would destroy the mood.

I think it will be at the Burrow. It definitely would be dangerous to have all the Order members in one place. Maybe the ones that we don't know have strong connections to the Weasleys, like Sturgis or Hestia, won't be there.

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Nov 30, 2005 4:45 pm (#3 of 197)

Of the known members of the Order of the Phoenix I would expect the following to attend Remus, Alastor, Nymphadora, Hagrid, Minerva, Additionally, I would expect Madame Maxime and Viktor Krum.

This raises the question what other members of the ministry who are not members of the order are likely to receive invitations?

- - - - - - - - - -
Madame Pomfrey - Nov 30, 2005 5:19 pm (#4 of 197)

Hopefully,with Voldemort and his cronies on the loose there will be enchantments placed wherever it will be held,perhaps a secret keeper will be needed for everyones safety.I have a bad feeling about what may happen at the wedding.

- - - - - - - - - -
Amilia Smith - Nov 30, 2005 9:43 pm (#5 of 197)

Do you suppose the goblins would show up as both Fleur and Bill work at the bank?

Mills.

- - - - - - - - - -
Circe - Dec 1, 2005 1:13 am (#6 of 197)

I was under the impression that from what Ron said at the end of HBP that it was to be held at the Weasley's house.

- - - - - - - - - -
Wizadora - Dec 1, 2005 9:28 am (#7 of 197)

I imagine that it will be a very low key affair. As Molly said in the last war,people were getting married quickly etc. Look at Harry's christening, only Sirius was there.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Dec 1, 2005 12:48 pm (#8 of 197)

If Bill wasn't marrying Fleur, I would say it would be low-key.

Even though she completely won me over with her hospital speech which actually makes me cry even more than the loss of Dumbledore, I think Phlegm may be a bit high maintenance.

I really can't see her wanting to be married at The Burrow.

Harry may go there to spend time with the Weasleys before the wedding but I just don't see it happening there.

Oh - Duh!!

"I love magic!"

They could make the garden look like anything they wanted!

Mmmm...definitely some added protection though!

- - - - - - - - - -
Diagon Nilly - Dec 1, 2005 1:38 pm (#9 of 197)

Fleur strikes me as the kind of witch that comes from some money, and tradition dictates the father of the bride pays for the wedding. Assuming her family is in tact, Monsieur Delacour might be able to help to make it pretty. Smile

I would love to see the interactions between the Delacour family and the Weasleys too!

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Dec 1, 2005 4:24 pm (#10 of 197)

I wonder what sort of gifts one gives a newlywed wizarding couple?

Guess they don't need to register at Home Depot or anything.

A bag of Galleons?

Some sort of goblin-wrought trinket?

A bunch of unicorn hairs?

- - - - - - - - - -
Diagon Nilly - Dec 1, 2005 4:55 pm (#11 of 197)

...a fondue set. Definately a fondue set.

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Dec 1, 2005 5:07 pm (#12 of 197)

Me kayaking, Niagara River, August 2006. I have been likened to Reepicheep in this photo.
How about Fleur's parents, who would traditionally host the party, throw it in France? Or some fancy place in England? I agree, Fleur definitely comes from some wealth.

Also, how well will the Delacours take this? Are they happy she's marrying or upset that it's a Brit or something?

By the way, prediction that Gabrielle will be either Maid of Honor or Flower Girl.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Dec 1, 2005 7:49 pm (#13 of 197)

I think it was stated in HBP that Ginny and Gabby would both be in the wedding.

- - - - - - - - - -
Elanor - Dec 1, 2005 10:44 pm (#14 of 197)

Traditionally, here, the wedding takes place in the town the bride comes from, but this is not an obligation, it is just what happens most of the time, and nowadays families tend to share the costs of a wedding. But this is the wizarding world, which is, in many respects, old-fashioned. (BTW, there is no "Flower Girls" at weddings here: only witnesses and maids of honor.)

I would really like to see the wedding take place in France! What if it would take place at Beauxbâtons? That would be a well protected place (and I would love to read more about it! )

About Fleur's parents, the girl has a strong personality and I don't think she really asked them what they think about that marriage...

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Dec 2, 2005 11:34 am (#15 of 197)

Yep - gotta have a fondue set!

"I love weddings! Drinks all around!" - Captain Jack Sparrow

We need something to do for the next 2 years - we might as well plan their wedding, right?

I would be curious to see who does the officiating. Maybe the MOM can perform such duties. I could see Rufus trying to get more info out of Harry.

- - - - - - - - - -
ex-FAHgeek - Dec 2, 2005 4:03 pm (#16 of 197)

Maybe the Fat Friar periodically leaves the Castle to officiate these kinds of things?

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Dec 2, 2005 5:32 pm (#17 of 197)

Or maybe he doesn't leave!

Another reason to have it at Hogwarts!

I wonder where MY fondue set is????

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Dec 3, 2005 9:21 am (#18 of 197)

Me kayaking, Niagara River, August 2006. I have been likened to Reepicheep in this photo.
No flower girls, Audrey?? Oh, well. Another lame attempt shot down.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Dec 3, 2005 7:07 pm (#19 of 197)

Elanor - "What if it would take place at Beauxbâtons?"

Speaking of Beauxbatons, did the movie pronounce it correctly? They didn't say it like I have been saying it and I just wondered if their pronounciation was correct?

- - - - - - - - - -
Elanor - Dec 4, 2005 12:14 am (#20 of 197)

Unfortunately, I had to see the movie dubbed in French and I'll have to wait for the DVD so to be able to see it in English (**sigh**) but I've heard Gambon say it in one of the trailers, the one in which he presents the new schools. I thought that he was saying the "beauba" part very well but not the "tons" part since. "on" is a phoneme that doesn't exist (I think) in English: you don't hear the "n" at all in it, it is hard to explain but it is a lower sound than the "o" too, a bit as if you were trying to say "o" using your nose. I wish I could explain it better!

But, in the trailer, he says Fleur Delacour quite well!

No Finn, at least if we're talking about the same thing. There are no girls who throw flower petals inside the church (I don't think priests would appreciate that very much here!) but there are kids (and older people) who throw some, and very often rice too, to the couple just after the wedding, on the Church's square. But there is no official "Flower girl" title, everyone can become one then, even a 90 years old grandpa . And the bride's witness is usually the one who takes care of the bride's bouquet when needed. Actually, I think that some functions, as the bridemaid one, are less formal here than in the USA. Most of the brides for example, except if it is a society wedding, don't ask the bridemaids to be dressed in a certain way but let them dress as they wish and even not all in the same way if they want. But the wizarding world is old-fashioned so I suppose they will want to do that in a bit more formal way. Does it help?

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Dec 4, 2005 12:20 am (#21 of 197)

We have the rice throwing custom after the ceremony, too (in the U.S., and, I would think, also in the UK). What flower girls do is, they walk down the aisle ahead of the bride at the beginning of the ceremony and drop flower petals on the ground, which the bride walks on. Nobody throws flowers at the couple, if that's what you were imagining.

- - - - - - - - - -
Elanor - Dec 4, 2005 12:31 am (#22 of 197)

Thanks Maddest Dragon! That confirms what I was saying: brides (usually) don't walk on flower petals here, the only flower petals I've seen were not dropped on the floor but thrown at the couple, just like rice is. Which makes me think that, in wizarding families, there must be some cute traditions, I don't know maybe as throwing petals that turn into birds of butterflies when in the air or something like that, some sort of "magical throwing" anyway.

- - - - - - - - - -
Tazzygirl - Dec 4, 2005 1:50 am (#23 of 197)

Uluru/Ayer's Rock glowing in the morning sun
At my aunt's and uncle's wedding, a flower girl walked down the aisle and tossed flower petals on the ground, and after the ceremony the entire audience threw flower petals as they walked back up the aisle. It was an outdoor wedding, so I guess different rules apply! (Thought I would add that to the discussion! ) Wedding officials actually now say that throwing rice is not preferable, as birds will come and eat it, making their stomachs expand, and then they die (which I guess wouldn't be that nice!).

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Dec 4, 2005 8:25 am (#24 of 197)

That wouldn't be very nice, Tazzy!

Ok, Audrey, so flower girls, we're on the same page, and your "bride's witness" is what we called a "maid of honor," if I'm not mistaken. And I like the idea it could be at Beauxbatons! Though is it really safe to Apparate that far? Transportation problems could arrive for someone like Ginny, unless they do some Side-Along…

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Dec 4, 2005 10:43 am (#25 of 197)

Elanor, I like the idea of only one attendant. My younger niece is marrying in the spring, and I believe she is planning to have about ten bridesmaids. Ugh! I also love the idea that the women can choose what they wear. I wish I had a few galleons for every ugly bridesmaid dress I've had to buy over the years (with dyed-to-match, never-worn-again, uncomfortable shoes, of course). I've been a maid of honor in four weddings and a bridesmaid in about six or seven others, and only two dresses out of the whole lot were pretty.

As for flower girls dropping petals in the church ... there is usually a white runner down the aisle, so the petals fall on it and not on the carpet. I should think Gaby would be a bit old for that job. All of the flower girls I've seen are very young--sometimes under five years old. I have never seen one older than 6 or 7. I would expect Ginny and Gaby, as sisters of the couple, to be the bridesmaids. JM2K, of course ...

Solitaire

Edit: BTW, Tazzy ... I have heard that about the rice. I looked it up yesterday, and it has been given "Urban Legend" status. Oddly, though ... it does make sense, doesn't it?

- - - - - - - - - -
Tazzygirl - Dec 4, 2005 12:41 pm (#26 of 197)

Uluru/Ayer's Rock glowing in the morning sun
Solitaire- wow! It sounds so believeable! Thanks for the link- I found it very interesting! Maybe they said that because rice is ten times harder to clean up then petals? (example: Bride's hair???)

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Dec 4, 2005 1:13 pm (#27 of 197)

I don't think any of them would be too pleasant to deal with, really. I'd hate to have to vacuum up all that rice! And I would not want to see petals ground into the carpet or floor. Some have said that the rice has caused people to slip and fall, and that is the real problem. Go figure!

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Dec 4, 2005 6:52 pm (#28 of 197)

I have heard that rice is banned in some places because birds will eat it, the rice swells up inside the bird and bingo....dead bird. Now, at some weddings, they throw birdseed.

- - - - - - - - - -
Matilda the Pygmy Puff - Dec 4, 2005 7:12 pm (#29 of 197)

No day but Today
As far as who will stay behind from the order, I think Kingsley and Mad Eye might not go. Not because they don't want to but because they are two of the strongest order members. I could also see Aberforth being used as security, either at or outside the wedding.

As far as traditions go I could see Bill and Fleur jumping over a broomstick, or perhaps engaging in something similar to the unbreakable vow, only its a marriage vow. I may be wrong, but I heard something once about a Celtic tradition of the bride and groom twisting a rope around thier hands to represent thier binding love. Thats actually what I thought of when I saw that picture of the unbreakable vow.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Dec 5, 2005 1:28 am (#30 of 197)

Twisting a rope, or a thread, around the bride's and groom's hands, is also done at Pagan handfastings (watch, if that happens in Book 7, then we'll really be hearing that Harry Potter leads kids to witchcraft!). Which, of course, borrows a lot from Celtic tradition in the first place. Also, in some Asian cultures, part of the wedding ceremony involves tying the couples hands with, not just any thread, but red thread. Which is what I thought of when I read about the Unbreakable Vow.

- - - - - - - - - -
Dr Filibuster - Dec 5, 2005 1:06 pm (#31 of 197)

Sue, from Northwich, England.
Matilda, jumping over a broomstick, eh?

"Living over the broom" is an old British euphamism for couples who live together out of wedlock; when such a thing was seen as scandalous.

- - - - - - - - - -
Maddest Dragon - Dec 5, 2005 1:52 pm (#32 of 197)

Perhaps jumping over a broomstick was a tradition in folk weddings that didn't always take place under the auspices of the Church. I can see it being something villagers who didn't have a priest handy to perform a church wedding would have done. In medieval Europe, many rural dwellers had no church of their own and saw a priest a couple times a year at most, maybe not at all. Marriage was mostly according to folk tradition, and often not blessed by a priest--illegitimate in the eyes of the Church.

Certainly, jumping over a broom together was something American slaves did at their weddings--which were not legally recognized, either. I was told in school that that was an African custom--possibly, or perhaps it's one of those things that's found in many cultures. In any case, it seems to be associated with weddings not recognized by the establishment. Which might make it appropriate for Wizarding weddings, since the WW exists apart from the rest of the world.

- - - - - - - - - -
João Paulo Costa - Dec 22, 2005 5:57 am (#33 of 197)

I wonder how will be the reaction between Harry and Ginny in the weding, since they would had broken up just a short time (a few weeks?) prior to the wedding...

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Dec 22, 2005 8:06 am (#34 of 197)

Yes - I'm sure Harry will notice how beautiful Ginny is and the floral scent will be everywhere.

I still want to know what Hermione smelled....

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Dec 22, 2005 9:24 am (#35 of 197)

Mommy, Queen of Everything
Okay, imagining Ron's reaction to Fleur's Veela relations....

And then Hermione's reaction to Ron's reaction...

LOL

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Dec 22, 2005 3:42 pm (#36 of 197)

Hm ... he's liable to get a wand upside the head if he starts acting like ...well, Ron under the spell of Veela! LOL

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Dec 22, 2005 6:58 pm (#37 of 197)

Puck - "Okay, imagining Ron's reaction to Fleur's Veela relations...."

I'm trying to imagine how exciting a grandmotherly Veela would be....??? LOL

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Dec 22, 2005 7:29 pm (#38 of 197)

Actually, I was thinking of cousins, etc.... Some will be part Veela, like Fleur, but if relatives on the Granmothers side are there, it is possible that some true 100% Veela attend also.

Ron was happy watching them walk, but at a wedding they'd be dancing! LOL

- - - - - - - - - -
Rosariana - Dec 22, 2005 9:48 pm (#39 of 197)

I look forward to this as the biggest wedding in the series, because if Harry and Ginny or Ron and Hermione marry it will just be mentioned in the epilogue. If Lupin and Tonks tie the knot I imagine it would be very private; I think they would just elope.

I feel like something important has to happen at the wedding because it was mentioned so often in book 6. It could be good or really bad, but I'm sure whatever happens it will be exciting!

I like the idea of a Fidelius Charm for the location... I wouldn't want anything horrible to happen at such a joyous event.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Dec 23, 2005 7:23 am (#40 of 197)

I wonder if there is some sort of unbreakable vow. Other than Merope -who had a muggle wedding- we have never heard of a couple separating.

Moody will likley complain about a big ceremony, saying it is asking for trouble. He'll take chargeof security.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Dec 23, 2005 1:18 pm (#41 of 197)

Puck - "I wonder if there is some sort of unbreakable vow."

LOL Now there's a plan for lowering divorce statistics. It would give a whole new meaning to..."until death do us part." LOL

- - - - - - - - - -
Jake C - Dec 23, 2005 6:08 pm (#42 of 197)

LOL. What about the best man, or don't you have best men in the US? I'm certain that they will ask Harry to be their best man because he has saved so many of their families lives:

Weasley family: Ron- dementors and when he had that oak matured mead of Slughorns Ginny- chamber of secrets Arthur- alerted people about being attacked by Nagini

Delacour family: Gabrielle- was did a noble deed and 'rescued' her

They must think the world of him and will certainly think he is suitable for being best man.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Dec 23, 2005 7:42 pm (#43 of 197)

I would think Bill would want one of his brothers or his Dad to be his Best Man. I don't think he knows Harry well enough to bestow that honor on him.

- - - - - - - - - -
Jake C - Dec 24, 2005 6:52 am (#44 of 197)

You're probably right actually...

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Dec 24, 2005 8:03 pm (#45 of 197)

Yeah, I'd have thought Charlie might be the obvious choice. The twins will be far too busy decorating the "getaway brooms" with inappropriate magical items and putting vanishing spells on the wedding rings. LOL

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
Honour - Dec 25, 2005 7:03 pm (#46 of 197)

The twins would probably be quite handy in helping create a secure perimeter full of traps and magical alarms! I think Charlie would be the logical choice for bestman, with enough brothers left over for groomsmen. Although, this may be an oportunity to heal wounds between the family and Percy by inviting Percy to also take part?

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Dec 25, 2005 7:05 pm (#47 of 197)

I am still laughing at your post Solitaire. I can just imagine all the things the twins would come up with.....gosh, I love those boys!!!

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Dec 25, 2005 8:21 pm (#48 of 197)

*stops Choices from laughing*

I agree that this may be Charlie's "big moment." We've never really seen him for that long a time, so this would be a good way to say hi. I would imagine Bill and Charlie were close, because of their age and the years they were at Hogwarts. I don't think he'd ask Percy, unless we want some unusual twist where this is the way that Percy reunites himself with his family… wait… that's actually not a bad idea, now that I think about it… Hmm…

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Dec 26, 2005 11:10 am (#49 of 197)

Who would want Percy for a best man? What a dud! He probably wouldn't even throw a decent bachelor party. Or (worse still) if he did, he'd probably have that "delightful Dolores Umbridge" pop out of a pumpkin! Then again, I suppose all bachelor party hi"jinx" will be the twins' area of expertise! LOL

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Dec 26, 2005 12:47 pm (#50 of 197)

Solataire, you do have my mind racing! The twins planning a party! What fun! Harry could use some laughs before setting out....

I still worry about "unexpected guests" though...

I hope Percy does show up. I can't see him not invited. If he doesn't show up, then it will be his choice. Perhaps Delores will be his date!
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The Wedding Empty The Wedding (Post 51 to 100)

Post  Elanor Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:10 am

Finn BV - Dec 26, 2005 6:42 pm (#51 of 197)
"Mother dear, I'd like to introduce you to Dolly… erm, I mean, Dolores. Just a lovely gal."

LOL. Sorry. So, maybe Perce won't be the Best Man, but I see him perhaps making amends at a speech at the party or something? Or is that just too cliché?

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Dec 26, 2005 9:02 pm (#52 of 197)

If he does make a speech, I see it coming off wrong, insulting them without meaning too. I actually see him showing up for appearances, but doing little more than nodding curtly to the family.

- - - - - - - - - -
Jake C - Dec 28, 2005 12:16 pm (#53 of 197)

Yeah I agree, he is so annoying, he can't get over the fact that he was wrong... I know loads of people like that... lol Do you think he is still with penelope clearwater, she might be a guest.

- - - - - - - - - -
Valfunde - Jan 4, 2006 12:35 pm (#54 of 197)

University Pre-Health Professions Advisor
Let's hear it for Fred and George! They by far are the most entertaining members of the Weasley family. Love 'em and the idea of the fun they're gonna have with their brother's wedding. I can also imagine that the twins' role in the wedding might be to perhaps arrange for the bachelor party festivities?! Could you imagine?! LOL

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 5, 2006 12:19 pm (#55 of 197)

Valfunde - "Let's hear it for Fred and George! They by far are the most entertaining members of the Weasley family-"

Let's face it, Fred and George are the most entertaining characters in the whole series!! I love those boys!! LOL Makes me chuckle just to think about them. :-)

- - - - - - - - - -
Dr Filibuster - Jan 5, 2006 12:37 pm (#56 of 197)

Valfunde, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but you may like to know that we call batchelor parties STAG NIGHTS in Britain. Do you think an underaged Harry will be invited on Bill's?

Wonder if James Potter took his stag night literally?

By the way, the bride's version is called a Hen party.

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Jan 5, 2006 11:07 pm (#57 of 197)

STAG night? Hm ... will Prongs make an appearance? Will Harry's Patronus show up, too?

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Jan 8, 2006 8:12 pm (#58 of 197)

Oh, I hope that's not necessary! Dememtors at the Stag party would certainly put a damper on the wedding...

I assume it will not be held on a full moon, just in case.

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Jan 18, 2006 6:24 pm (#59 of 197)

What if there's some bad planning and it is held on a full moon? Or something dreadful like that? Do you think this whole, likely large-scale wedding could just pass without anything happening, in this day and age with Voldemort back and rising, Dumbledore gone, Harry not sure to return to Hogwarts? I would be extremely surprised if this would be a nice, happy chapter.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Jan 18, 2006 8:26 pm (#60 of 197)

Finn, that's why I wonder if a smaller wedding will be planned. Even then, I expect something to go wrong, which is why it probably won't!

I'm sure all involved are smart enough to plan around the full moon. The bachelor party, however, is another story. Bill's last night to "howl".

apologizes for bad joke I couldn't resist, and sinks away quietly*

- - - - - - - - - -
Valfunde - Jan 20, 2006 3:04 pm (#61 of 197)

University Pre-Health Professions Advisor
Edited by Jan 20, 2006 2:04 pm
Choices - I agree with you! Fred and George are the most entertaining characters of the whole series. Can you imagine the kind of women they might settle down with some day? Do you think that they would bring dates to the wedding?! Gee, who could the lucky ladies be? It's a shame that there isn't a fun and attractive female twin pair of sisters in the WW for Fred and George.

Dr. Filibuster - I've heard of the term "stag night" before, but wasn't aware of it's English meaning! Ha! That's great stuff! Since this is a "family" forum, I won't even explore the obvious Freudian puns related to Prongs' horns!

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 20, 2006 6:58 pm (#62 of 197)

Fred and George will have to find strong women who can hold their own with these two jokesters. It will not be an easy job, I'm sure, but I do absolutely adore the boys and I think if they can find the right girls, they will be great husbands and fathers. Their parents certainly set them good examples to follow.

- - - - - - - - - -
Weeny Owl - Jan 21, 2006 11:10 am (#63 of 197)

I would be extremely surprised if this would be a nice, happy chapter.

On the other hand, Finn, JKR could give everyone (including the readers) a happy chapter before all the bad stuff starts happening. Not that I think that's the way JKR will go, but I can hope.

It's more likely that something will go wrong, though. Whether or not it's the twins and their pranks, Fleur getting on everyone's nerves, or something more serious is anyone's guess.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Jan 21, 2006 7:48 pm (#64 of 197)

Has any wedding ever gone as planned without a single gliche? Someone always gets sick, or steps on the bride's dress, has a bit too much to drink, etc.... I think with the circumstances surrounding this wedding a flawless evnt is impossible.

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Jan 21, 2006 8:03 pm (#65 of 197)

Hm ... will Fleur become a Bridezilla???????????

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Jan 21, 2006 10:26 pm (#66 of 197)

"Wild Wizard Weddings" on TLC.

- - - - - - - - - -
Stephanie M. - Jan 21, 2006 10:41 pm (#67 of 197)

I was watching Wild Weddings on TLC today. LOL

I do think Fleur will be quite the Bridezilla.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Jan 22, 2006 8:47 am (#68 of 197)

Or perhaps the stress will cause her to gain 50 pounds and make her face break out? Wouldn't Ginny be thrilled!

I wonder if wizard bridesmaids have to wear pepto pink with puffy sleeves and ruffles!

- - - - - - - - - -
Dr Filibuster - Jan 22, 2006 9:38 am (#69 of 197)

Ahh, Phlegmm, sorry, Fleur has already thought about that Puck; "pink would be 'orrible with Ginny's 'air"

"...Bill and I 'ave almost decided on only two bridesmaids, Ginny and Gabrielle will look very sweet togezzer. I am theenking of dressing zem in pale gold -pink would of course be 'orrible with Giny's 'air-"

On a previous note, I've been trying to find the origin of stag and hen parties. No real joy but, I kid you not, found a really cool site called O.W.L (Oxford English dictionary Word Lists. I can't fully access it but maybe there is something on there if anyone is curious.

I hope we meet Krum for the wedding and that he and Harry get to fly together at some point. Whether at a friendy game of quidditch, or for something more dramatic.

- - - - - - - - - -
Thom Matheson - Jan 23, 2006 9:11 am (#70 of 197)

What better place to "herd" a bunch of OoP members for a shootout if you are death eaters.

- - - - - - - - - -
João Paulo Costa - Jan 23, 2006 9:53 am (#71 of 197)

I wonder whether there will be issues of feelings of Gabrielle towards Harry? In HBP, in chapter 5, Fleur says her sister was "looking forward" to meet him. And Let's not forget Harry took Gabrielle from the lake...

- - - - - - - - - -
Esther Rose - Jan 23, 2006 10:15 am (#72 of 197)

That's our Harry. The perpetual rescuer of strange women. =) Gabrielle just might look at him as though he is her prince or knight in shinning armor. It will be funny to see Ginny and Gabriel together at the wedding within Harry's presence. My guess is there will be curses abound on one another. I am willing to bet 5 Galleons Ginny wins. ;-) And both of them Bridesmaids? Their dresses will be in ruins before the wedding even starts.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Jan 23, 2006 10:39 am (#73 of 197)

What if Gabby sends some Veela Vibes out Harry's way?

Hopefully Hermione will be there to keep him from jumping off balconies.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 23, 2006 1:00 pm (#74 of 197)

"What if Gabby sends some Veela Vibes out Harry's way?"

LOL I doubt she will be able to send out any Veela vibes with the Bat Bogey Hex on her. LOL

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Jan 23, 2006 8:14 pm (#75 of 197)

How old will she be? Only 10 or 12, right? Ginny may think it cute if she crushes on Harry, but would not consider her competition.

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Jan 23, 2006 8:22 pm (#76 of 197)

In GoF Harry thought she looked about eight years old. So she be at the most probably eleven.

Four people were bound tightly to the tail of the stone merperson. Ron was tied between Hermione and Cho Chang. There was also a girl who looked no older than eight, whose clouds of silvery hair made Harry feel sure that she was Fleur Delacour's sister. All four of them appeared to be in a very deep sleep. Their heads were lolling onto their shoulders, and fine streams of bubbles kept issuing from their mouths,pages 637-38 of the large print edition of GoF published by Thorndike Press.

- - - - - - - - - -
Honour - Jan 24, 2006 2:25 am (#77 of 197)

10 or 11, around about the same age as Ginny was when she first saw Harry, except Gabreille is probably suffering from a large dose of Hero-worship, wonder if Ginny will "play nice", as she should see herself in this little girl's behaviour and be a little sympathetic?

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Jan 24, 2006 6:44 am (#78 of 197)

I could see Ginny teasing Harry about it.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Jan 24, 2006 11:43 am (#79 of 197)

yes, Haymoni, and I'm sure her brothers will chime as well.

- - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Jan 25, 2006 2:59 am (#80 of 197)

Practically perfect in every way
I suspect Ginny will make it very clear that she was Harrys girlfriend and it is important stuff that is keeping them apart - in other words - he is not available - I would hope that Gabrielle is able to be subtle and allow this to help her befriend Ginny rather than try to compete. However as you say, if she does try to compete I suspect that Ginny is more than a match - and not just because of her years!! but LOL about the bridesmaid dresses being in tatters before the wedding - what would Fleur say!

- - - - - - - - - -
Honour - Jan 25, 2006 3:20 am (#81 of 197)

I'd hate to read about a "cat-fight" over Harry, I'd like to think that Ginny's maturity that everyone talks about graces us with it's presence. It would be terrible for the families to have the bridesmaids go at it, embarasing for Harry, and quite frankly immature, considering the Voldermort climate, the families have more important things to worry about surely?

...and really some of you have to let it go! Molly and Fleur have found middle ground where they can come together, their love for Bill, I am sure, if Molly accepts Fleur so will the rest of the Weasley family.Smile

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Jan 25, 2006 6:33 am (#82 of 197)

Maybe Bill & Fleur will elope.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 25, 2006 11:35 am (#83 of 197)

Maybe Bill and Fleur will break up or something will happen and there will be no wedding. It's a possibility.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Jan 25, 2006 11:38 am (#84 of 197)

Oh goodness! After that speech in the hospital wing!

I STILL cry at that part!

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 25, 2006 11:45 am (#85 of 197)

LOL Sorry, it was rather a sweet speech, but Fleur is such a "snot" I just don't think Bill deserves such a conceited, self centered person.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Jan 25, 2006 12:06 pm (#86 of 197)

I think she is just as conceited when it comes to Bill. She talks about how he always thinks of others and she actually dotes on him.

She was nice to Harry once he saved her sister - I think she is OK.

I don't think Ginny WANTED to like her.

- - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Jan 25, 2006 12:41 pm (#87 of 197)

Oh Choices, Fleur was haughty and is rather silly at times, but she is not a bad person and I don't think I'd call her a "snot". Bill obviously loves her and I dont think Bill is so shallow as to go on looks alone. If Fleur were such an all out snob how could she contemplate marriage into such a poor family. no money, no status and to our knoweldge she has never said anyhting unkind to anyone in the family, it is they that were reluctant to let her in rather than her treating them as if they were not good enough for her.

I think we should all cut her some slack, and look forward to a marriage made in heaven and a very strong love match

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 25, 2006 1:07 pm (#88 of 197)

Good Evans - "... and I don't think I'd call her a "snot"."

Well, the Weasleys were calling her a "snot"... or else my definition of "phlegm" is not correct. She is snooty, pretentious, aloof, self centered - just to mention a few of her qualities - and we have not seen her angry yet, so I am wondering if the same thing happens to her as happens to other Veela's when they get mad??? What are her motives in wanting into the Weasley family - besides her "love" for Bill? Why are my suspicions aroused about her?

- - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Jan 25, 2006 1:51 pm (#89 of 197)

Oh Choices, I hope you are wrong..... but we will have to wait to the book to see.

I take the point re : "phlegm" - I just thought they were referring to her accent being throaty and phlegm like, it could be either and it could be both.

- - - - - - - - - -
Honour - Jan 25, 2006 3:11 pm (#90 of 197)

"Why are my suspicions arounsed about her?" - Choices

Because JKR wrote her character that way, (educated at an elitist school, snobby and goodness gracious! She's beautiful too! That's enoungh to raise the heckles of the female population!) so we the reader would feel that way, all part of the sub-plot, so that we could all end up at that hospital bedside to witness that "teary eyed" out-burst of Fleurs, and watch Molly get off her high horse (yet again)! It also gave JKR the opportunity to wrap up Remus' and Tonks' story line and show Remus (and the reader) that even faced with such adversity that with love being their binding force that these couples had a chance of happiness Smile

oooer! that was really soppy!

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Jan 25, 2006 6:38 pm (#91 of 197)

If there is a wedding there could prossibly be two bridesmaids Gabrielle and Ginny. If this comes to pass who are likely to be the two groomsmen assuming there are two.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 25, 2006 6:53 pm (#92 of 197)

We have already been told by Fleur that Gabrielle and Ginny will be bridesmaids and she will dress them in pale gold. If there are groomsmen, they will probably be two of Bill's brothers or a brother and a friend, or two friends. Depends on to whom he is closest.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Jan 25, 2006 7:59 pm (#93 of 197)

I'm guessing Charlie and Ron. The twins will have some other duties, like ushering.

I wonder if Veela have the opposite effect on women as they do on men?

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 25, 2006 8:13 pm (#94 of 197)

Puck - "I wonder if Veela have the opposite effect on women as they do on men?"

I don't believe it is an opposite effect, but I do think women have the ability to see through the Veela's "spell".

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Jan 25, 2006 8:38 pm (#95 of 197)

Well, women probably won't walk away, completely disgusted, but they are disgusted in the sense that the men go after the Veela and not them.

- - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Jan 26, 2006 12:30 am (#96 of 197)

In Britiain - we dont normally go in for groomsmen - we have a best man and ushers, I can see the brothers and Harry as ushers, it will be interesting as to who Bill picks as his best man, Charlie or someone from the order? we dont know enough about his relationships with others to know who he is closest to.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 26, 2006 12:15 pm (#97 of 197)

I agree with Charlie or he might ask his Dad to be best man. He might ask Lupin now that they share an affliction.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Jan 26, 2006 12:19 pm (#98 of 197)

Oh, how touching would that be!!!

My money's on Charlie, though.

- - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Jan 26, 2006 12:37 pm (#99 of 197)

I wondered about Lupin, we will know in the next book how close thier afflictions are - it is hoped Bill wont be a werewolf, but whether he feels closer to Remus now - well we will have to see - but I agree it would be lovely to see Lupin as the best man!!

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Jan 26, 2006 4:17 pm (#100 of 197)

I second for Lupin. Definitely, both bitten by werewolfs… maybe a double wedding if Tonks and Remus are quick enough? Probably not…
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The Wedding Empty The Wedding (Post 101 to 150)

Post  Elanor Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:11 am

Choices - Jan 26, 2006 7:22 pm (#101 of 197)
Oh, I do so want Lupin to find happiness. A double wedding would be wonderful.

- - - - - - - - - -
jose043 - Jan 27, 2006 6:17 am (#102 of 197)

Bill wasn't bitten, he was severely scratched all over his face, they do not know the effect that it would have on Bill.

But agree with the double wedding of Bill & Fleur along with Remus & Tonks.

Josephine

- - - - - - - - - -
Chemyst - Jan 27, 2006 6:45 am (#103 of 197)

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." A.A. Milne
I wouldn't want a double wedding– it dilutes the 'specialness' of the occasion.

I also like the idea of a magically secured garden setting for a summer wedding, but that did not stop me from trying to to think of other possible locations.
Gringotts would be secure, and they probably have some beautifully ornate meeting rooms. The local bank here has meeting rooms they will rent out, but they are rather plain. (Not a problem for those with a wand, though.)

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 27, 2006 2:41 pm (#104 of 197)

I think a wedding at Hogwarts - either in the Great Hall or out by the lake - would be nice.

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Jan 27, 2006 5:58 pm (#105 of 197)

Thanks, Josephine.

Chemyst, "there ain't no place safer than Gringotts, 'cept Hogwarts of course." So your idea comes in second to Hogwarts. Choices, perhaps if it's at school Harry will make his decision to come back or not?

- - - - - - - - - -
Chemyst - Jan 27, 2006 10:17 pm (#106 of 197)

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." A.A. Milne
Yes Finn, we all know how safe Hogwarts is, where certain unnamed people can hide in turbans for months, where mythical snakes tour the plumbing, where werewolves roam the countryside, and screwts have been known to forage (even if what they forage for may not be determined yet.) We can rest assured there won't be any unlabeled portkeys or unsavory bureaucrats. Yes, we know Hogwarts is safe as long as Dumbledore is there. You are absolutely right riiiight.

- - - - - - - - - -
Honour - Jan 27, 2006 10:20 pm (#107 of 197)

Heee heee heee heee, Chemyst, don't forget that open door policy Hogwarts has for DE's!

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Jan 28, 2006 9:59 am (#108 of 197)

LOL, Chemyst, naturally Hogwarts hasn't been the safest place over the past few years, but certainly the Weasleys would still feel loyal to it? I'm not saying I'd want to host my wedding there if I were them, but I'd guess they'd still feel a certain affection with Hogwarts, of course.

Okey dokey, Gringotts isn't sounding that bad right about now.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 28, 2006 11:55 am (#109 of 197)

Lots of former students choose to marry in chapels that are on the campus of schools they attended. A wedding in the flower-bedecked Great Hall would be magnificent.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Jan 28, 2006 11:59 am (#110 of 197)

Perhaps the location will be protected by Fidelous Charm? Aurther could be the secret keeper...

- - - - - - - - - -
Honour - Jan 29, 2006 12:00 am (#111 of 197)

LOL Puck my daughter suggested that all those children boarding the Hogwart express would be on a trip to No Where!

Traditionally for weddings that is, don't the Brides family host the wedding? We could be on a trip to France?

Finn, through Quirrell, I think Voldermort already has an idea of the Security arrangements concerning Gringotts ...

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Jan 29, 2006 8:09 am (#112 of 197)

Okay then. I bow out on all predictions!

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Jan 29, 2006 4:04 pm (#113 of 197)

I imagine they increased security after the break in. I'd bet those goblins took it personally!

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Jan 30, 2006 7:40 am (#114 of 197)

I wish we knew more about that break in - did it happen after hours? Did Quirrel steal a cart during office hours? Did he just attempt to open the vault or did he actually get it open?

They obviously didn't catch him, but as magic leaves traces, they may have noticed something amiss.

I'm very excited to read this wedding account. I really hope it isn't spoiled.

- - - - - - - - - -
Netherlandic - Jan 30, 2006 8:42 am (#115 of 197)

What if Ginny refuses to be a bridesmaid? She might well do so.

Somehow I have a feeling that the twins will spoil the wedding by inviting Moaning Myrtle. I believe she has already spoiled one

- - - - - - - - - -
Thom Matheson - Jan 30, 2006 8:45 am (#116 of 197)

Or spoiled by a visit from Death Eaters. What a great place to hold an ambush, in order to catch the OoP off guard, sans the St Valentine's Day Massacre.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Jan 30, 2006 8:54 am (#117 of 197)

That is what I am concerned about.

Everything that is supposed to be happy gets ruined.

I think Ginny is OK with Fleur & Bill now. She'll be beautiful in her gold.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Jan 30, 2006 11:56 am (#118 of 197)

I can't imagine the OotP would let their guard down during the wedding. Afterall, they have been taught to practice CONSTANT VIGILANCE.

- - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Jan 31, 2006 6:12 am (#119 of 197)

Ginny loves her brother and although during HBp she may not have been enamoured with Phlegm this doesnt mean she wont be bridesmaid, anyway now that Bill has been injured and Molly is more in tune with Fleur I think her resistance will have to wane a bit.

I dont think Ginny dislikes Fluer particularly but has jealous feelings about another girl taking her favourite big brother. It is the first time Ginny has had another girl to compete with for the affections of her brothers, a natural immature reaction that I suspect will dissappear now that she is a year older, her mum is no longer on side and Fleur will hopefully grow on her anyway.

At no point did Ginny put forward a reason for disliking Fleur that couldn't be put down to a petty jealousy. I have hopes that Ginny is actually a bit more mature than that - at least now

- - - - - - - - - -
frogface - Feb 6, 2006 3:17 pm (#120 of 197)

I think Fleur's reaction to Bill injury probably impressed Ginny just as much as it impressed Molly. Remember that Ginny was watching Fleur closely in the hospital wing, so she probably expected Fleur to leave Bill. I suspect she will have found some respect for Fleur now that she has shown strong loyalty.

- - - - - - - - - -
Czarina II - Feb 16, 2006 12:45 am (#121 of 197)

Both Ginny and Molly were suspicious and resentful of Fleur because until she came along and got engaged to Bill, the two of them were the only Weasley women in the family. They see Fleur as something of an intruder. This is not an issue of maturity, but an issue of trust. Can they trust this new woman in the family? Not only is she not one of their own, she is French and a quarter-Veela. Is she right for their Bill? She obviously does not fit in with the Weasley family like Hermione and Harry do. Naturally, they take more time to get used to her.

When they realised that Fleur was not shallow, as she appeared to be, and genuinely loved Bill as much as they did, they accept her. Molly does this by saying that Fleur can wear a family heirloom for the wedding; Ginny tells her friends that she will have to accept her. Naturally, Ginny resents losing her status as the only Weasley girl, especially to a quarter-Veela! But she can also see that she will not keep her position in the family for long, either. Bill will marry Fleur, and soon her other brothers will marry and bring their wives into the family. Ginny spent fifteen years of her life being the only girl. All her brothers doted on her. Now Bill will have a wife to dote on, and since Fleur is so attractive to all males, all the Weasley boys will be gawking at her, leaving little Ginny in the cold.

That does not mean that she has no respect for Fleur. Quite the opposite, I think. Now she has a sister -- though she probably would rather have one that was more Hermione-like.

- - - - - - - - - -
Amilia Smith - Feb 16, 2006 1:14 am (#122 of 197)

Well, if things pan out the way we are thinking they will, Ginny will end up with another sister. One who is just about as Hermione-like as they come. ;-)

Mills.

- - - - - - - - - -
K Stahl - Feb 16, 2006 12:22 pm (#123 of 197)

And, just who are the Weasleys. Arthur is child-like and distant with his lack of ambition and his obsession about trivia (i.e. electric plugs and batteries). Molly is the totally self-sufficient uber-mum who dominates the family and feels threatened by an independent and unyielding Fleur. Charlie corrals dragons in a far away land. Bill also seeks adventure in his employ as a curse breaker in far away lands. Percy is the image of a bureaucratic sycophant and toady. Fred and George are entrepreneurs with a somewhat swashbuckling attitude toward life and work. Ron, the slow, at 17 is only beginning to emerge from adolescent cluelessness. Ginny is the epitome of a modern young woman – tougher than Steven Seagal and more feminine than Audrey Hepburn.

An attractive self-assured French witch who charms boys and men (sigh!) and causes girls and women to feel threatened (ugh!) is the perfect addition to the Weasley family.

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - Feb 20, 2006 6:47 pm (#124 of 197)

I really think this wedding has TARGET written all over it. I think it may well be attacked by the death eaters, and if it is, we'll see heavy losses.

Fleur is not bad, really, and never was. I think she got a bad wrap. Okay, she's a bit of an elitist, but she's part veela. She could get any guy she wanted. The fact that she loves Bill is important. And I'm sure Bill was not about to let anyone tell him to to date at his age. I felt sorry for her when Molly and Ginny were dissing her. If you are nice to her, she's nice to you. She was grateful to Harry for saving her sister, and after that she gave him the respect he was due as a champion. I can't figure out why, after they parted in GoF on such good terms, Harry thought it was funny when she was mocked. And I didn't see Ginny getting used to her after her hospital speech. Ginny was more resigned, but she still wasn't showing Fleur much respect.

As for the wedding, didn't Jo recently say she had written a death? She can't be done with the book yet. Maybe it was at the wedding. I really think it will be attacked. I think it will be more likely to be held at the Burrow, than at Hogwarts. Hogwarts hasn't been safe from the start. Quirrell/Voldemort in book one, the Chamber in book two, the dementors in book three, the intrigue in book four, Umbridge in book five, and certainly the attack in the HbP book proves that.

The safety of that place was an illusion from the start. It would be awesome, though, no matter where the wedding is held, if there is an attack, and Fleur's relatives go all "World Cup Monstrous" on the death eaters.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Feb 20, 2006 9:40 pm (#125 of 197)

"Whwn Veelas Attack!"

- - - - - - - - - -
Netherlandic - Feb 23, 2006 3:40 pm (#126 of 197)

Lol, Puck

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Feb 23, 2006 6:34 pm (#127 of 197)

Perhaps the wedding will take place under the protection of a fidelius charm. So that only those guests who are invited will have access.

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Feb 23, 2006 7:46 pm (#128 of 197)

I just read this on the Bill Lexicon Page: "The wedding is scheduled to take place in France during the summer of 1997 [Y17]." Did we know this and I missed something big? Weren't we speculating where it might take place?

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Feb 23, 2006 7:48 pm (#129 of 197)

Yes, there has been much speculation as to where the wedding will be held and I think someone did suggest that it might be held on the bride's home territory.

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Feb 24, 2006 1:26 am (#130 of 197)

On the plus side, travel is considerably less expensive for Wizards than it is for us Muggles. Most will be able to apparate, and the kids can do the side-along thing. I think I might prefer it to flying myself ...

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
Netherlandic - Feb 24, 2006 4:00 pm (#131 of 197)

Oh, yes, very nice. Being on a broomstick in your best clothes.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Feb 24, 2006 8:49 pm (#132 of 197)

Better than Floo Powder, you'd be covered in soot!

Finn, is that information valid, or just someone guessing that it will be in France? I'll only believe it if it comes from Jo!

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Feb 25, 2006 8:00 am (#133 of 197)

Yes, yes, I know there's been a lot of speculation, and that's because we don't have a confirmed place for the wedding, which is why I was surprised to see it on the Lexicon. I'll go put in a query at the top. Thanks!

- - - - - - - - - -
Mrs Brisbee - Feb 25, 2006 8:32 am (#134 of 197)

Ron made it sound like the wedding was at his parents house, though I suppose everyone could just be meeting there before going elsewhere.

"We're with you whatever happens," said Ron. "But mate, you're going to have to come round my mum and dad's house before we do anything else, even Godric's Hollow."

"Why?"

"Bill and Fleur's wedding, remember?" (HBP, Ch 30, "The White Tomb")

- - - - - - - - - -
Netherlandic - Feb 26, 2006 12:56 pm (#135 of 197)

LOL, Puck!

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Feb 27, 2006 2:38 pm (#136 of 197)

Good catch Mrs. Brisbee. It would apprear that the wedding will be at The Burrow.

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - Feb 27, 2006 8:29 pm (#137 of 197)

Unless everyone is meeting at the Burrow to go together to France...oooh, my head hurts. I still think if it's at the Burrow, it becomes a likely target. Shrugs.

- - - - - - - - - -
Caius Iulius - Feb 28, 2006 5:30 am (#138 of 197)

Well, if you wish to vanquish half the Order, the wedding is a very likely target. A lot of Order members are friends of the Weasleys. So I agree with Die Zimtzicke.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Feb 28, 2006 6:59 am (#139 of 197)

Maybe the location of the wedding will be a secret and you don't find out until a portkey takes you there.

Everyone comes to the Weasleys and leaves from there.

Maybe Ron is just inviting Harry to stay with them for the wedding.

Doesn't necessarily mean that it will be at the Burrow.

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Feb 28, 2006 1:49 pm (#140 of 197)

Perhas some special enchantments, unplottable spells, and concealment charms will have been placed on the Burrow for the coming event.

Solitaire

- - - - - - - - - -
K Stahl - Feb 28, 2006 5:39 pm (#141 of 197)

It may not be common knowledge that Bill and Fleur will marry. We of course know. Others, such as Voldemort and his minions who have not the advantage of having read the series, may not know.

- - - - - - - - - -
Caius Iulius - Mar 1, 2006 5:18 am (#142 of 197)

I hope the Weasleys will invite Hermione's parents to the wedding so that they (hermione's parents) can learn a little more about the Wizarding World. They could park their caravan on The Burrows grounds.

- - - - - - - - - -
Chemyst - Mar 1, 2006 6:32 am (#143 of 197)

I hope the Weasleys will invite Hermione's parents to the wedding...

You know, that might actually be a good security point! No magic in front of muggles!
...nah, they'd just take out the muggles first.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Mar 1, 2006 11:54 am (#144 of 197)

Anyone that would blow up a bridge and create a hurricane, isn't afraid to do magic in front of Muggles.

- - - - - - - - - -
Holly T. - Mar 1, 2006 12:03 pm (#145 of 197)

They have to invite Hermione's parents so they'll know what to expect when Ron and Hermione get married. ;-)

- - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Zimmermann - Mar 1, 2006 1:48 pm (#146 of 197)

If there is an attack during Bill and Fleur's wedding it may consequences the Death Eaters do not anticipate because, I doubt the Death Eaters would take into account angry Veelas, Madame Maxime, and the members of the Order who are present. GoF chapter eight it mentions that when Veela's become angry their appearance changes they become bird like and develop scaly wings, they also possess the ability to generate fire from there hands.

- - - - - - - - - -
bigearl - Mar 9, 2006 2:20 pm (#147 of 197)

The Lovegoods live not far from The Burrow (Mr. Diggory said in GOF), I hope Luna is there.

- - - - - - - - - -
Moo4Freedom - Mar 16, 2006 2:31 pm (#148 of 197)

I hope that at the wedding we get to see Fleurs family. I'm curious to see how a veela's descendants look. Does the direct descendant look human or half and half. What does fleurs mother look like? Is her attraction factor stronger? Does this make any sense?

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Mar 16, 2006 2:36 pm (#149 of 197)

bigearl - I hope Percy hurries up and apologizes so I can imagine the shocked expression on his face as I read about his attempt at small talk with Luna!!!

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - Mar 16, 2006 9:26 pm (#150 of 197)

LOL, Haymoni!

It would also be great to see him lose all sense of reason as he encounters Fleurs relatives!

And, yes, I imagine a half Veela would have more "power" than a quarter, making her mother very attractive to the males. Ooooo, won't Molly have fun!

Last edited by Elanor on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The Wedding Empty The Wedding (Post 151 to 197)

Post  Elanor Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:12 am

frogface - Mar 17, 2006 4:18 am (#151 of 197)
I'm REALLY interested to see how to offspring turn out! That brings about a rather interesting question actually, is lycanthropy (sp?) passed on genetically as well as through a bite? For instance, if a werewolf had children, would they be werewolves to?

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Mar 17, 2006 11:59 am (#152 of 197)

Being a werewolf is not genetic. You are not born a werewolf, you have to be bitten by a werewolf to become one. I think Tonks and Lupin's children would be safe from being werewolves, but they might possibly be born metamorphmagi.

- - - - - - - - - -
frogface - Mar 17, 2006 12:09 pm (#153 of 197)

Thanks Choices. Still, it does look as if there might be alot of strangely attractive little Weasley's running around one day!

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Mar 17, 2006 1:00 pm (#154 of 197)

I would hate to be the nurse in the hospital nursery where Tonks gives birth - every time the nurse comes to check on the baby, it might look totally different. "I swear that baby had pink hair last time I looked." LOL

- - - - - - - - - -
Caius Iulius - Mar 18, 2006 4:49 pm (#155 of 197)

Choices, or: who has replaced the baby with a cactus?

- - - - - - - - - -
Katrina Nadja Romanoff - Mar 24, 2006 11:36 am (#156 of 197)

Poor Lupin! He's become a werewolf, he's lost all his old friends...and now that he has just found a woman there will be another war! (I think he's been unhappy for a long time, so when he discovered that Tonks loved him, he thought it was a dream.)

- - - - - - - - - -
The One - Apr 18, 2006 11:49 am (#157 of 197)

Open minded sceptic
Edited Apr 18, 2006 1:13 pm
Just a popin for a totally random fact:

In British history there is a conflict known as Percy-Neville feud, a minor civil war prior to the "War of the Roses".

An important incident in this conflict was an ambush by the Percy family in connection with a wedding, the "Battle of Heworth Moor" the 24th August 1453.

How will this play out in HP?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Apr 18, 2006 5:59 pm (#158 of 197)

Interesting information, The One. Thanks for sharing that. I guess we shall have to wait and see if it has any impact on the HP story.

- - - - - - - - - -
Deb Zawacki - Apr 18, 2006 8:40 pm (#159 of 197)

I can't wait to see who shows up....will McGonnagal be there--Bill was in her house....will the family get drinking and be rowdy.....will a phoenix make an appeance....

- - - - - - - - - -
Snuffles - Apr 20, 2006 3:58 am (#160 of 197)

Olivia
There has to be a family punch up!! never a good wedding without one!! .......enter percy!!

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - Apr 20, 2006 6:12 am (#161 of 197)

Oh! Imagine Fleur's horror at a wedding with a food fight!

- - - - - - - - - -
timrew - Apr 20, 2006 3:47 pm (#162 of 197)

Middle-aged Harry Potter fan
And a food fight with magic thrown in! (sees pies and vol-au-vents throwing themselves). Should make for quite a cinematic experience.............

- - - - - - - - - -
Deb Zawacki - Apr 21, 2006 4:24 pm (#163 of 197)

McGonnagal getting tipsy on elf wine and trying to get Arthur to dance with her.....

- - - - - - - - - -
journeymom - Apr 21, 2006 4:35 pm (#164 of 197)

I can imagin the Twins could stir up a lot of trouble. :wicked!grin:

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Apr 21, 2006 6:31 pm (#165 of 197)

LOL I will pay money to see that!!! I love those boys!

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Apr 22, 2006 1:49 pm (#166 of 197)

Cool, The One! I wonder if the Lexicon will place the wedding date on August 24… that would be scary!!

- - - - - - - - - -
cindysuewho45 - Apr 29, 2006 12:41 pm (#167 of 197)

Hi all, The One, I like that info. you found. It would make for a memorable wedding day!

- - - - - - - - - -
Pamzter - May 12, 2006 6:02 pm (#168 of 197)

What about the possibility of a double wedding - Bill and Fleur & Remus and Tonks?

- - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - May 12, 2006 6:23 pm (#169 of 197)

I considered that, but wouldn't that be making arrangements a bit soon for Lupin and Tonks? Just a thought…

Then again, the whole werewolf motif is so nice…

- - - - - - - - - -
timrew - May 12, 2006 9:48 pm (#170 of 197)

Middle-aged Harry Potter fan
Cake shaped lke a werewolves head, place names at the tables with little furry tails attached - oh, what fun!

And the wedding speech from Lupin, "I used to be a werewolf, but I'm all right no-o-o-o-o-o-ow!"

And then, in the future, for Lupin and Tonks, the patter of little tiny feet, er, trotters, er, hooves, as the metamorphmagi quintuplets arrive!

- - - - - - - - - -
journeymom - May 13, 2006 5:45 pm (#171 of 197)

Are you saying Tonks will have a litter?

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - May 15, 2006 4:09 pm (#172 of 197)

Remus/Tonks won't be getting married soon, in my opinion. I could be wrong, but they just didn't seem ready at the end of HbP to be making rushed wedding plans, although we do have Mrs. Weasley's comment about elopements in war time to think about. I have no idea where they would build the kennel for the puppies, though...

I still think the wedding will be attacked. It has "target" written all over it as I see it. I want a blood bath to make up for all of the war I expected to see in HbP and didn't get. I could be wrong about that, too, but I woudl find it very satisfying.

- - - - - - - - - -
frogface - May 16, 2006 5:32 am (#173 of 197)

You'd find a blood bath very satisfying? Um...ok. I wonder what effect (if any) Bills new stance as half a werewolf will have on his life from now on? Will he turn into a wolf at full moon? Will his children be affected?

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - May 16, 2006 5:00 pm (#174 of 197)

I'm not trying to be evil. It's just that after we had a chapter in OotP called "The Second War Begins" I expected more war. It's overdue. We've only seen two serious battles. Everything else is a small attack that happens off page. The Weasley wedding is likely to be the first large gathering of Order members and students in the last book. I can't see why Voldemort's supporters would NOT want to attack it. They've been humiliated by kids in the last two battles. They need, I should think, for their own morale if nothing else, to do something bold. Especially with Dumbledore now out of the picture.

And if there WERE such an attack, I'm sure Harry's resolve to win would go way up. I don't think he's even sure yet that he could kill someone if he had to, which is a major factor in a war that seems to hinge on him.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - May 16, 2006 6:41 pm (#175 of 197)

That is my concern as well - all these Weasleys plus their friends, most of whom seem to be in the Order - it would be a Field Day for the Death Eaters.

Unless there were tons of protection put on The Burrow, I just don't know where they would be safe enough to have this wedding - except for Hogwarts.

Unless people get married at the MOM...

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - May 17, 2006 12:14 pm (#176 of 197)

Well, we already know that the MOM is not that safe. Perhaps Gringotts will be better...

- - - - - - - - - -
Catherine - May 17, 2006 12:44 pm (#177 of 197)

Canon Seeker
Maybe they could have it at Beaxbatons?

Seriously, though, it is interesting that Fleur would not have her wedding in France, where her family (presumably) lives.

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - May 17, 2006 10:12 pm (#178 of 197)

No place is safe now for a big event like this,in my opinion.

Gringott's isn't safe. It got robbed in book one, didn't it? Hogwarts isn't safe. They've had some kind of disaster there every year. The Burrow just isn't going to be safe, either as I see it. I admit, I could be wrong.

I think if the wedding was going to be at Beauxbatons, it would have been menioned that everyone had to prepare to travel to France. That would have been an even bigger target, though. I'm sure an attack there would turn some French witches and wizards away from coming to the support of British Order Members. They'd probably say, "Don't bring this down on me! Keep your evil wizards to yourselves."

LOL!

- - - - - - - - - -
Rare Welsh Red - May 18, 2006 4:39 am (#179 of 197)

Die Zimtzicke - "No place is safe now for a big event like this,in my opinion."

I think that's it exactly - it's this group of people who would be the target for the DEs if they hear of the upcoming event, wherever the wedding gets held. There won't be so much a guard of honour, as just a guard - or lots of them - wands out.

My guess is it'll probably be held at The Burrow; a totally new location might require a lot of "establishing shots" (adding to the page count - not that I'd mind) whereas we've all got our mental picture of what The Burrow looks like already, though I can see Molly going to town and decorating the place out of all recognition! Alternatively I wondered if the MoM could act as a register office among all its other purposes - maybe a suite of function rooms tucked away somewhere, if they weren't blown to bits along with the statue of magical people in OotP. I don't see it as all that likely in the current state of the WW though.

- - - - - - - - - -
haymoni - May 18, 2006 6:30 am (#180 of 197)

You could use portkeys to arrive at some secret, well-protected place.

I'm guessing a few celebrities wish they could have used portkeys to get to their "secret" weddings without the tabloids following them everywhere!!

- - - - - - - - - -
Catherine - May 18, 2006 6:49 am (#181 of 197)

Canon Seeker
Perhaps Rita Skeeter will cover the wedding.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - May 19, 2006 12:06 pm (#182 of 197)

Well, not that Fleur will find it acceptable, but if they want safe, #12 would be a good choice.

- - - - - - - - - -
Miss Black - May 19, 2006 2:23 pm (#183 of 197)

Lets face it, number 12 isn't exactly the most *cough* "nice" place for a Wedding? Would Fleur approve of the elf heads? I can just hear it.

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - May 19, 2006 4:59 pm (#184 of 197)

I don't know, I think Dear Old Mum's portrait would love to sing at the wedding!

- - - - - - - - - -
Miss Black - May 20, 2006 3:30 pm (#185 of 197)

And Kreacher could "won't" in rythum to Mother Black's "get out of my house you disgusting vermin."

- - - - - - - - - -
Elanor - May 21, 2006 12:54 am (#186 of 197)

Wherever the wedding will take place I hope Madame Maxime will be there, the more if there is a batttle: I still have Hagrid's words on my mind: "she's somethin' when she's roused, Olympe" (Ootp p.382) Sounds promising, doesn't it?

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - May 21, 2006 1:54 pm (#187 of 197)

If the wedding is attacked, I want to see Fleur and her veela relatives go all scaly and throwing fire like the veelas at the world cup did. That would be amazing. I truly think she didn't care about a possible monster inside Bill, because she has one in herself. We've ALMOST completely ignored the fact that veelas can become monstrous when they are angry.

- - - - - - - - - -
Snuffles - May 22, 2006 2:23 am (#188 of 197)

Olivia
Well, that would be one Mother in Law I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of!

- - - - - - - - - -
Miss Black - May 22, 2006 6:11 pm (#189 of 197)

Poor Bill! Watching his wife start going all lizardy. I feel more sorry for any Death Eaters that try and attack her.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - May 22, 2006 7:05 pm (#190 of 197)

Perhaps Fleur doesn't make any "lizard/bird" like transformations. It was her grandmother who was the Veela, her mother would be half Veela and Fleur would only be one forth Veela. Perhaps those transformations only occur in pure-blood Veelas.

- - - - - - - - - -
Pamzter - May 22, 2006 9:45 pm (#191 of 197)

So maybe Fleur only turns part bird and Bill will only turn part werewolf . . . so many directions that can go . . .

- - - - - - - - - -
Puck - May 23, 2006 6:09 pm (#192 of 197)

feathered wolf pups?

- - - - - - - - - -
Die Zimtzicke - May 26, 2006 6:03 pm (#193 of 197)

Would you build them a a kennel or an aviary?

Yes, I know we are getting silly and off the topic of the wedding.

My bad.

- - - - - - - - - -
virginiaelizabeth - May 27, 2006 9:59 am (#194 of 197)

SPCA : Society for the Promotion of Cat Attire!
haha it's funny none the less!!

Now for the wedding....!

- - - - - - - - - -
Miss Black - May 28, 2006 3:31 pm (#195 of 197)

Perhaps Fleur is turning a new leaf and won't be so Phelmy. Though I'm getting my hopes up, it a nice thought.

- - - - - - - - - -
Laura W - May 29, 2006 1:24 am (#196 of 197)

Actually, I think she did that in the school hospital. Her reaction to Bill's accident and appearance - Harry thinks he now looks a lot like Mad-Eye Moody, which is really saying something!- and the possible consequences of same totally turned around *my* opinion of her, Miss Black.

Laura

- - - - - - - - - -
geauxtigers - May 29, 2006 9:43 am (#197 of 197)

Yum!
I agree Laura, Fleur's little 'episode' at the end of HBP was to show that she cares and that shes not the suck-up we see on the outside for most of the book. Less Phlemy.
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

The Wedding Empty Re: The Wedding

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down