Potty Game: Five Words (Workspace)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Workspace)

Post  Potteraholic on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:17 pm

This is a place to keep various Five Words posts that will be linked in the future to a header page, and I will attempt to move it within another topic, so that it will not clog up the main list of topics needlessly.

Edit: I don't think there is a way to put this topic within another, like a folder within a folder, so it will have to remain a separate topic for now.

Code:
[font=Times New Roman][size=18][b]title[/b]

text [/size][/font]

[table border=0 bordercolor=white bgcolor=white][tr][td][font=Helvetica][size=18][b] [url=http://hplf.forumotion.com/t12-archive-of-five-words-stories][color=indigo] * Five Words - Main Archives * [/color][/url] [/b][/size][/font][/td][/tr][/table]

* Five Words - Main Archives * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 am; edited 3 times in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Finn's Message from Volume IX

Post  Potteraholic on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 pm

This post was originally made by Finn BV - Oct 9, 2008 3:30 am (#1036 of 2998)
Edited by Kip Carter Oct 9, 2008 9:28 am

Well then, I'm just going to declare this the ending -- seems pretty fitting and I have a few announcements.

Hi everybody, I know it must seem a little random for me to butt in like this. I founded the thread and maintained it mildly consistently up until about 2 months ago, when my life as a high schooler took over and forced me to basically give up my time here on the Forums. Potteraholic and PatPat have been acting as the de facto heads, compiling all of these stories and spearheading the flow of the thread.

It is with this post that I would like to formally pass over reins of the thread to Potteraholic, a really wonderful person who has devoted an incredible amount of time, energy, patience and intelligence to the way this thread works. She is constantly in email contact, even if I get too overworked to respond to her :grin:, always keeping in touch so I feel like I know what's going on the thread. But it's become pretty apparent to me now that I will never be able to return to the Forums full time, and there is no better person than Potteraholic to take over, not that she hasn't already… I've lost track of when she arrived on the thread, but she almost immediately was a strong presence who was interested in Five Words and took on compiling stories not too long after that.

I will, however, make one final post as Compiler Emeritus (I guess I just sort of made that up :sillygrin:), regarding a special date which has been referenced countless times in recent posts, but just to pretend to keep it a surprise, I won't say explicitly what it is. I will post that following the posting of the Jocunda Sykes' story completed story and stats, just so it doesn't interrupt this story.

Anyway, good to "see" everybody, and this doesn't mean I'm gone for good -- I just won't be around enough to commit fully to operating the thread.

Added comments by Kip: I applaud and completely support this message by FinnBV. He has been a valuable asset to our Forums for years. I could add many paragraph of singing praise over his value and dedication; however it would only distract from his message here. Remember he has not left us, but has cut back on his responsibilities so he will have sufficient time for his schooling. Thanks again, my friend, for all you have done!

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

PAH's Parfaits

Post  Potteraholic on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Here's the menu at Potteraholic's Parfaits. Enjoy!

Filius Flitwick's Fabulous Favourite Fruit (Flitwick's 5)
Columbine Fairy Aurorealis
Severus Snape's Super Slytherin Sundae (Quint-S)
Troll Test Aftermath (2TAM)
Cheering Charming Chocolate Chip Cone (Cinco-C)
Perfect Pretty Purple Parfait (P-Quad)
Chocolate Cream Cascading Dream (3CD)
Sumptuous Savoury Swedish Strawberry Seduction (Fem-S)
Pomona Sprout's Pistachio (PSP)
Auror's Aureus (AA)
Fun Fruit Fancy
(Triple-F)
Sweet Summer Sunrise (Triple-S)
First Years’ Frenzy
Chocolate Mint
Barrel Supreme
Mint Chocolate
Chip Delight

Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words, Volumes I to XIII grid (Archived from WX)

Post  Potteraholic on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:49 pm

This topic is a work-in progress, and as an archive, is not a discussion thread. For this reason it will be a locked topic. It will eventually contain a complete listing of Five Words stories that were originally posted on the Harry Potter Lexicon FanFaction Forum, and then the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum, when they were both located on the World Crossing server.

The table below lists each volume, the number of stories within that volume, the length of time it took to write each story, etc. (Links will be added to this table in due course.) The start of each of the volumes will be a post within this topic, followed by that volume's stories. Look for the post titles to change as the stories progress: Volume I, Story #1, Story #2, etc.

NOTE: Only the finished stories are archived, not the individual posts that were written to create each story, since there are far too many of them (approx. 2,500+ per volume x 13 volumes) to save within the short time that was available to complete the archiving process, which was less than 2 months.

The volumes will be posted in order from I to XIII, in this sequence:

• finished story
• the official story's stats (# of words, # of posters, etc.)
• posters' post-story comments

Each archived post contains the original posting information (poster's name, date and time of post, and post #) at the top of the post. Unfortunately, only the text of the original posts will be found, not any smileys or specific formatting details that the original poster may have included.

Potty Game: Five Words may be found here:

Vol #
__ set of stories
# of stories in set
length of time stories created
additional notes
I
fourteen
6 months, 24 days, 15 hours, and 23 minutes
--
II
ten
2 months, 2 days, 0 hours, and 36 minutes
--
thirteen
(and a half)
3 months, 7 days, 9 hours, and 29 minutes
It features our one-year anniversary special and story.
ten
7 months, 30 days, 6 hours, and 35 minutes
--
5th
fourteen
7 months, 12 days, 13 hours, and 16 minutes
Story 50: Our Golden Anniversary.
6th
nine
2 months, 12 days, 0 hours, and 7 minutes
--
7th
ten
2 months, 17 days, 19 hours, and 42 minutes
It features our two-and-a-half-year anniversary special and story.
8th
seven
2 months, 8 days, 18 hours, and 49 minutes
9th
eleven
2 months, 28 days, 19 hours, and 52 minutes
It features our three-year anniversary special and story .
nine
4 months, 23 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes
It features our 100th story.
eleven
7 months, 23 days, 7 hours, 44 minutes
It features our four-year anniversary special and story.
XII
12th
seven
6 months, 7 days, 18 hours, 14 minutes
This volume is a work-in-progress.
It will be finished at a later date.
(There are 852 posts left.)
XIII
13th
--
- months, - days, -- hours, -- minutes
--
XIV
14th
--
--
XV
15th
--
--

Change in Operations of Five Words: Please read Finn BV's Oct 9, 2008 3:30 am message.

Some other Five Words 'guidelines': (in addition to writing your submissions in bold, we ask that...)
• when extending a story when others think it is finished (and only do this if you feel the plot needs it), you post an explanatory note so that other posters know how to proceed
• when starting a story, pick whichever characters you want, but be flexible about what other posters write about your starting idea; so there is little debate or confusion during the writing of the story. (This is not a discussion thread where issues are debated, post after post.)
• we limit our stories to a suggested word length of 2,000 words (increased from a 1,700 word limit introduced in Vol IX)
• posts on Five Words are precious as we have a limited number to write as many stories as possible. Use all posts wisely and do not delete any posts as that shortens the life of the thread. A host can always make edits later. If you are unsure what to write, wait! Another poster will always have an idea to keep a story going.

If you'd like to read some past Five Words Stories, click on this graphic (not active yet):    * Five Words Stories Archive *

Enjoy, and have fun! Smile

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Workspace)

Post  Potteraholic on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Workspace)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content