HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV)

+3
Puck
Julia H.
Potteraholic
7 posters

Page 25 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Empty Story #139

Post  Potteraholic Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:27 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Deathly_Hallows_book_Art_%28Chapter_33%29

around, arm in arm.

Severus
                4 in this post b/c I used 6 in my last post. Edit: Oops! I needed to add 'around'.

We can go over a bit more, if needed.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Empty story #139

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:32 am

Severus caught Lily's eye and

1 post left

Edit: I like that as an ending, PAH. You've come up with the perfect choice of words. I don't think it needs anything else. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508

Last edited by Verity Weasley on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Empty Story #139

Post  Potteraholic Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:37 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Deathly_Hallows_book_Art_%28Chapter_33%29

, feeling quite euphoric himself, winked!                

Wondered if this could be the end? And end with a (!) But left it open, in case someone wanted to add something. (I thought the inclusion of the word 'euphoric' and relating it to Sev was fitting, somehow, to this story. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2222139670

EDIT: Added ending punctuation, after reading Verity's comment.

We can go over a bit more, if needed.

Thanks, Verity! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2222139670 Normally, I wait a few hours to see what others think, but these days, all it takes is one vote! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 1003735042 So I declare this story, #139, officially F I N I S H E D ! As is customary, I will lock this thread temporarily until the story and stats are posted. Since I'm working on the Five Words Archives, and would like to get them done soon, it may be up to a week before this story is posted. Thanks in advance for your patience!
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XV, Story #139

Post  Potteraholic Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:38 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Five Words: "A Moste Potente Hallowe'en"

Severus awoke in the dungeon dormitory with a sense of excitement. It was Hallowe'en morning, and he looked forward to the special evening feast later.

He hurried to the Great Hall because he'd asked Lily to meet him before breakfast. He had a present for her, and he wanted to surprise her with it, privately. He found her waiting beside the house point jars and his heart leapt with joy, as it always did at the sight of those green eyes.

"Hi, Severus," said Lily brightly. "What did you want to show me?"

Now that she was gazing at him, his confidence evaporated. "Um, I just thought you might like to, uh, have this," he stammered, thrusting a clumsily wrapped parcel into her hand.

Lily looked surprised, but pleased. She carefully unwrapped it and saw a small wooden box.

"Look," he whispered avidly, as she removed the top, "jobberknoll feathers! Slughorn said I could have them as a reward for my essay on the uses of Glumbumble fluid."

"They're very nice, but are you sure you want me to have them?" She looked a bit baffled. "They're very pretty, though!"

Over the past two years, she and Severus had spent a lot of time together, but had only exchanged birthday gifts. It felt strange, uncomfortable even, to receive impromptu gifts from him.

Severus shifted nervously, sensing her hesitation. "I just thought maybe you, umm, could use them to make a truth serum."

"A truth serum?" repeated Lily, her eyes dancing in surprise. "Why would I want to make a truth serum? All my friends tell me the truth anyway."

"We don't have to use it on your friends—"

"I don't want to use it on anyone, Sev," she shrugged. "Why don't we just go eat breakfast?"

"I didn't suggest using it," Severus explained as they walked towards the tables. "I just thought—"

"Hi, Lily!" said a tall, blonde girl named Imogen Peele, a Ravenclaw.

"Slughorn's having one of his soirées tonight, and he asked me to inform all the Slug Club Members."

"Thanks, Imogen!" Lily replied. "See you there! Wait... Imogen, hang on. Tonight?"

"Yes, after the Hallowe'en feast... butterbeer and some desserts, and we must wear Hallowe’en costumes! And don't eat too much or you won't be able to enjoy Slughorn's treats afterwards."

Severus pulled a face as Imogen winked, then waved goodbye.

"Am I wearing an invisibility cloak, or is her eyesight bad?" Severus grumbled.

Lily sighed. Severus was hypersensitive and easily offended. He was jealous of almost everybody she spoke to, especially Slug Club members.

After breakfast Lily found Severus waiting for her by the door. "Are you going to go to Slughorn's party?" he asked.

"I don't really want to," she said tactfully. "But I should. He's been so kind to me. He doesn't care that I'm Muggle-born, although he's a Slytherin."

"Well, I'm a Slytherin too," he replied somewhat sharply.

"You know what I mean," Lily said soothingly. "You're different. I think the Hat slipped up for once!"

She left him standing by the entrance hall and skipped down the steps.

Severus shuffled slowly after her. "I like being in Slytherin," Severus called out to her retreating figure.

"Of course you do!" said Avery, a fellow Slytherin. "Talking to the Mudblood again?"

Severus cast him a dark look, then said, "Did you finish McGonagall's essay yet? Mine's nearly done."

"It's due Thursday, two days from now. I've got plenty of other things to do," he shrugged.

The pair headed off towards the dungeons. Severus had forgotten his Charms homework; Avery was skipping Charms altogether.

During class, Severus' mind wandered. He hated to admit it, but he felt hurt. Slughorn had never really shown any interest in him, despite his aptitude for potions. Lily tried to downplay Slughorn's praise of her abilities, but Severus wasn't deluded. No matter what he did, he was never good enough for the Slug Club.

Professor Flitwick, however, praised Severus for his remarkable achievement in Charms. But Severus was not satisfied. He wanted to be recognized for his passion, potion-making. His potions were always perfect, and he often helped Lily she had trouble. If Slughorn couldn't see that, he would have to take matters into his own hands. But he would need to be careful.

"Mr. Snape, could you please perform a Cheering Charm for us? It looks like Miss Goyle is in dire need of some cheering up!" said Professor Flitwick.

A Cheering Charm? thought Severus. For that troll Eliza Goyle? What she needs is a charm to transform her into a female gorilla - she'd be better looking then.

"Yes, sir," he muttered gruffly, and performed the charm perfunctorily.

At lunchtime, Severus barely touched the food. The idea that had first occurred to him in Charms class was taking form. If he could just make an impression on Slughorn he was sure to be invited to join the Slug Club eventually, but the party was tonight.

How am l to make it there?" he mused. If I could only get him to invite me! But if that's not possible, then I'll have—

Severus' thoughts were interrupted by a loud clatter behind him. Someone had dropped a goblet of pumpkin juice. Sticky, orange fluid was rapidly staining the tablecloth, and Severus watched its progress absentmindedly. He smiled slowly, the answer unfolding in his mind, like a tapestry. [i]What solution could make that completely obtuse Slughorn agree to my wishes? Perhaps... a potion? I could surprise him with a bottle of mead? To which I've added a drop of... what?
Leaving his half-finished lunch, Severus hurried to the library to look up a recipe.

As he walked out the library doors, he heard someone shout his name. It was Lily, with a bunch of Gryffindor girls and fellow Slug Club members. He waited awkwardly as the group approached. He wished Lily would just hurry up and ditch her entourage.

"Hey, Sev!" she called. "Where are you going? Have you heard the news? Besides afternoon classes being cancelled, the ghosts are going to give a special performance right before the Hallowe'en feast!"

"That's great," said Severus without enthusiasm. Lily detached herself from the group, and handed him a card. A winking jack-o-lantern smiled at him, and he couldn't help but smile back. "Did you make this yourself?" he asked eagerly, with a grin.

"Yeah, I forgot to give it to you this morning."

"Thanks, Lily. It's brilliant!" He looked up. Lily's companions had drifted away, so he finally plucked up the courage to ask, "Can you come help me make a potion?"

"Anything you want," Lily smiled. "Which one?"

"Well," Severus began, "it's called Elixir to Induce Euphoria."

"Okay," Lily answered. "Why do you think you need to make it? Slughorn hasn't taught us that one yet. Do you want to drink it? Are you feeling blue?"

"No," he laughed, "I don't need it. But I thought I'd slip some to Slughorn and try to persuade him to include me in the Club. I think I deserve to be a member and Slughorn likes me already. The potion will just put him in a really good mood."

"I'm not sure, Sev," Lily hesitated. "Do you really know what that potion will do?" she whispered. "What if it makes him lose his hair or gain weight or worse?"

"That's why I want you to help me brew it. Together, we're sure to get it right. You're really good at measuring just the perfect amount of ingredients." He smiled, and added, "You're also very good at carefully following instructions. So ... what do you say?"

A few hours later, Severus was adding the last ingredients to the cauldron, which Lily had provided. The mixture frothed and bubbled, while a golden haze shimmered over it.

"It's perfect!" Severus declared, removing the cauldron from the flame. "Now, all we need to do is slip a little into Slughorn's drink."

"What drink? When?" Lily asked. "Too bad crystallized pineapple is solid. Slughorn's always eating that."

"The best chance will be while the ghosts perform. I'll try to get a few drops into his mead, or whatever he's drinking then."

"I'll suggest inviting you when..." Lily paused, "... when I see he's starting to look... euphoric."

Sev agreed, slipping the flask inside his robes. The pair arranged to meet in the entrance hall before the performance.

An hour later, the Great Hall was packed with students, sitting on benches arranged in rows in front of a large black velvet curtain hanging from the ceiling. Severus and Lily managed to position themselves, unobtrusively, near the staff table.

None of the teachers had noticed the pair because they were all gathered around the Hallowe'en display a few feet away. Severus saw his opportunity. He moved quickly towards Slughorn's goblet, which was easily distinguishable by the open tin of crystallized pineapple sitting next to it. He deftly emptied the contents of his flask into the goblet and returned to where Lily stood, anxiously waiting.

It wasn't long before Professor Slughorn sought some refreshment and took a generous swig from his goblet. Lily and Severus watched him anxiously, but he didn't seem any more jovial than usual. However, a few seconds later, the wink he gave Professor McGonagall indicated that the Elixir was beginning to take effect. With bated breath, they watched as Professor Slughorn began tapping his feet to the music, his arms twirling vigorously. A moment later, he noticed Lily and Severus standing nearby, and he waved, gleefully. Skipping over to them, he sang a strange, improvised recitative that ended when he tweaked his nose and bowed deeply. The pair bowed in return.

"What a lovely evening," Lily began, "and what wonderful decorations!"

"They're quite impressive," Slughorn enthused, "and I think you'll find that I've outdone myself with the adornments I've selected for our own little party tonight!"

"I'm so looking forward to it," Lily chirped. It was now or never, thought Lily. She did not even notice how tightly she grasped Severus' hand, instinctively looking for support. "Professor, I wondered," Lily began tentatively, "about the Slug Club, would it be all right if I brought my best friend, Sev..."

"Mister Snape? Of course! The more, the merrier! Why, I've rarely seen a better potioneer during my long career here at Hogwarts. I hope you like singing, too?"

"Yes, Professor," Severus said. "And thank you for inviting me tonight."

"My pleasure, Mister Snape. I've been meaning to invite you to my little get-togethers for some time now." He started singing, "For he's a jolly good fellow," and swung Severus around, arm in arm.

Severus caught Lily's eye and, feeling quite euphoric himself, winked!

* Five Words – Volume 15 Index * 

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) * 
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XV, Story #139 stats

Post  Potteraholic Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:39 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Statistics for Story 139
ordered by first contribution to the story

User  
  # of  
  Submissions  
  Puck     52  
  Verity Weasley     55  
  Potteraholic     120  
  Julia H.     69  
  Betelgeuse Black     7  
  Mona     53  
  freshwater     1  
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times.

Total Submissions: 357
Total Words: 1785
Last Submission Date: Aug 22, 2011 10:37 am (EST). (Potteraholic)
Total Time to Create Story: 1 month, 4 days, 20 hours, 4 minutes

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XV, Story #139 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:40 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Post-Story Comments for Story #139, Volume XV,
Potty Five Words: "A Moste Potente Hallowe’en"

This story was written from July 17, 2011 to August 22, 2011. Seven writers contributed to the story, which is 1,785 words long. Four of the seven writers posted feedback. All times listed are EST.

- Potteraholic, Aug 28, 2011 7:07 pm: Story #139, "A Moste Potente Hallowe'en", is up! (Thanks, JKR, for the idea for the title. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2222139670)

While the writing pace stalled a bit just past the middle of the story, it picked up exponentially at the end! cheers I think we wrote an amusing and entertaining story, and I think the jumps in time helped move the story along quite effectively. I look forward to what others thought about this story, the 6th in the category called 'the Childhood Friendship of Lily Evans and Severus Snape'.

- Verity Weasley, Aug 29, 2011 12:14 am: Thanks for posting the finished story PAH. What a great title you have managed to come up with - very appropriate. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508 Yes, the story did feel like it was dragging at times when we were writing it, but I think it turned out really well. I think we managed to capture the combination of awkwardness and admiration that Lily and Severus share for each other (at least they do in our version of the Potterverse). The time jumps helped to stop the story from stalling and kept it interesting and pacey. It raced to a final conclusion and I have to say that the last line is simply GENIUS! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508

- Mona, Aug 31, 2011 3:24 am: I have to confess that I didn't like the first half of the story at all. Sev is way too awkward with the girl he's been best friends with for three years now, and Lily's not much fun either. All that moralising about the truth serum made me wonder what James (or even Sev) saw in this Goody-Two-shoes! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 262381063

Things started improving with Sev's thoughts about 'the troll Eliza Goyle' and Lily's Halloween card, and when Lily and Sev start brewing a bit of mischief together, I thought, now that's more like it! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 266347159

The ending was very good, and the effect of the potion on Slughorn was very funny. It also dovetails neatly into cannon - we know that Severus adjusted the recipe, adding a sprig of peppermint etc, to reduce the potion's side effects, so now we know why! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 464751818

- Verity Weasley, Aug 31, 2011 5:23 am: Good points Mona. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508

- Potteraholic , Aug 31, 2011 8:04 am: And re: the Lily and Sev story, I guess it's a case of different people having different ideas of their friendship, yet who are all trying to write the same story. I think that's why I prefer the stories we write about characters that are less familiar to us... there's less established in our minds about how they would/wouldn't think, act, speak, etc.

- Julia H., Sept 12, 2011 3:29 am: I loved the ending of the last one! I think it was an enjoyable story, but perhaps the comedy potential (two gifted magical kids messing with potions) could have been exploited a bit more. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2222139670

Last edited by Potteraholic on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Empty Story #140

Post  Potteraholic Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:07 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Minervagonagalll

Story #139, "A Moste Potente Hallowe'en", is up! (Thanks, JKR, for the idea for the title. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2222139670)

While the writing pace stalled a bit just past the middle of the story, it picked up exponentially at the end! cheers I think we wrote an amusing and entertaining story, and I think the jumps in time helped move the story along quite effectively. I look forward to what others thought about this story, the 6th in the category called 'the Childhood Friendship of Lily Evans and Severus Snape'.

In addition to this story being posted, the Five Words Story Archives are finally complete! bounce These links are all ready for your perusal (and can always be found in the header post):

Should you want to travel down Memory Lane and find the first story in which you posted, this link will take you to a chart of this information:  * Five Words - Volumes Index * 

As you can probably tell by my new story avatar, this story is about Professor McGonagall, whom some of us affectionately refer to as Minnie McG. Since the end-of-year school reports that we wrote as Severus Snape worked out really well, I thought we could kick-off the start of a new term at Hogwarts (and a new school year for many Forum members and/or their families) with something school-related: another set of school reports. But this time, Minnie McG's, and, for a bit of a change from the Snape reports, these will be Year 1 reports. The heading of each report witll read: TRANSFIGURATION, Year 1, June 1992.

There are less than 15 full pages left in this thread, which is less than 225 posts, which is less than 1,125 words. The Snape reports clocked in at 1,935 words and averaged 125 words/report. So this story will close out Volume XV. We can write about 9 reports, for the usual cast of characters, but not for Ginny and Luna, this time: (the Gryff Trio, the Slyth Trio, and Neville, Seamus, and Dean?). Hopefully, these reports won't take long to write and end up being finished at the end of the 2012 school year. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 464751818 And now, for the first five words... Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2134391180

HARRY POTTER - Mr. Potter's first                  

EDIT: Verity, I think you should kick-off your 'Featured Story of the Week' idea, too. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508

Last edited by Potteraholic on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Empty story #140

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:14 am

foray into transfiguration has been

Thanks for posting the finished story PAH. What a great title you have managed to come up with - very appropriate. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508 Yes, the story did feel like it was dragging at times when we were writing it, but I think it turned out really well. I think we managed to capture the combination of awkwardness and admiration that Lily and Severus share for each other (at least they do in our version of the Potterverse). The time jumps helped to stop the story from stalling and kept it interesting and pacey. It raced to a final conclusion and I have to say that the last line is simply GENIUS! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 3735003615 Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 3735003615 Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 3735003615 Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 3735003615 Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 3735003615

One million house points to your house, PAH! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2447527733 What an absolutely amazing job you have done with the archives. You are the queen of classification. queen Your efforts have really gone above and beyond the call of duty. I love the table which links to each poster's first ever story, and your index of completed stories is so incredibly thorough. I haven't had a chance to look at them all yet to see how they have all been classified, but I am particularly intrigued by the two categories entitled 'delving into the past' and 'delving even deeper into the past'. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 1003735042 We now have a really great resource here.

Now on to FEATURED STORY OF THE WEEK!

In honour of the completed archives and the amazing display of PAH's HTML skills, there was really only one choice for our first Featured Story of the Week (for those posters who missed it, this is an opportunity to revisit some of our favourite stories from the past and share what we particularly like about them):

The Daily Prophet

I hope the link will work! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2351571793 I LOVE this story! I think it is one of the best examples of why Five Words is so much fun. Just the sheer versatility of our writing styles and genres encapsulated in this one 'story' is great - everything from features to advertisements. This was also our first attempt at horoscopes, which I think was a great success, and I love the very different tones of the Letters to the Editor. It also goes without saying (but I'll say it) that it all looks a hundred times better thanks to PAH's magnificent HTML skills.

What does everyone else think about our first Featured Story of the Week?
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:51 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Minervagonagalll     a solid one marked by                  

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 1437562208 Thanks, Verity! Organizing collections of things is what I like to do, so the Archives was just bound to happen, sooner or later. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 464751818 And re: the formatting, it was cool to learn some BBcode (what this forum uses, even tho' Denise enabled HTML on here; when in Rome... Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 464751818)

Great choice for our first 'Featured Story of the Week'. Like you, as a reader, I loved the variety of the pieces in this 'story' and the humor. I loved the little nods to canon here and there. From a writing standpoint, I liked writing the shorter pieces best, since there was less we had to keep track of during the writing of those pieces. I remember that writing the 'Vampire' story was a bit Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 1242326132 ing at times, but, like most Five Words stories, it worked out in the end. I think writing another issue of The Daily Prophet in our next volume is something we should consider. Now that I know how to do all that coding, I don't want to forget! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 1003735042 (And looking for the images was fun, too.)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:55 am

some substantial achievements as well

Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV)

Post  Mona Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:42 pm

as some spectacular failures. Consistency

Comments later. I have to run!
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Minervagonagalll     is something he'll need to                  

Looking forward to them, Mona. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508

And Verity, I just realized, you'll need to update your location in your profile, won't you? Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2222139670
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:46 am

work on if he wants

Good point, PAH. I'll do that now.

We're off to a pretty slow start with this one. I hope it picks up. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 1242326132 Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:04 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Minervagonagalll     to attain better results next                  

In the Snape reports, we generally followed this structure: some sentences in a paragraph about academics, with a specific example, and another paragraph of similar length about behavior. We're aiming for approx. 125 words/ 25 posts per report, and this makes 40 words / 8 posts. Since this is the last story of this thread, maybe a countdown for each report will help? Or instead of 9 reports, we write 8? I'll start a countdown, and we'll see how it goes. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2222139670

Verity, Mona, may stop in again soon.. And I just posted an old story/new story announcement on the Chat thread... ya never know, someone might get curious enough to mosey on by... Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 1003735042 Also, have you had a chance to find out about those 'Delving...' story topics? I think you participated in most, if not all, of them.

I decided my location was maybe too specific, so decided to change it. Okay, off to school to sort out my closet and file cabinet! Also, my principal would like to 'lend' my furniture to other teachers while I'm on leave, so I need to sort that out as well. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 3906177977 So Verity, if you're around, maybe you can keep an eye on things here re: when it's time to move on to the next report? I won't be online again until I get home later this evening.

story update #1

posts left
for Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2134391180's

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:56 am

time. His pincushion is still

LOL PAH, you're ambitious! You really think we're going to get through 18 posts and be ready to move on to the next report before you get home this evening?! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 1003735042

No, I haven't 'delved' into those stories yet. It's on my 'to do' list! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508

Maybe you should engrave your name on those pieces of furniture before they disappear!

17 posts left for Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2134391180 report

Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:51 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Minervagonagalll     sporting feathers from when he                  

Verity, lol! yes, I see... I needn't have worried. Well, let's see what happens on August 31st. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 266347159 And re: engraving my classroom furniture, great idea! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2222139670

posts left

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:24 am

used the wrong incantation on

Comments on the previous story -

I have to confess that I didn't like the first half of the story at all. Sev is way too awkward with the girl he's been best friends with for three years now, and Lily's not much fun either. All that moralising about the truth serum made me wonder what James (or even Sev) saw in this Goody-Two-shoes! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 262381063

Things started improving with Sev's thoughts about 'the troll Eliza Goyle' and Lily's Halloween card, and when Lily and Sev start brewing a bit of mischief together, I thought, now that's more like it! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 266347159

The ending was very good, and the effect of the potion on Slughorn was very funny. It also dovetails neatly into cannon - we know that Severus adjusted the recipe, adding a sprig of peppermint etc, to reduce the potion's side effects, so now we know why! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 464751818

----------------------

Excellent work on the Five Words Archives, PAH! So far I've only only had time to look at the featured story of the week (great choice, Verity!) but hope to read more in the future, including the first story I participated in! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 266347159

posts left

Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:23 am

it. However, what he lacks

Good points Mona. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508

14 posts left for Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2134391180 's report
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:04 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Minervagonagalll     in specific factual knowledge, he

It looks like we're finishing up the academic comments section and ready to start the behavior paragraph soon.

Thanks, Mona! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508 Hope you get some time soon to read the story that marked your first foray into Five Words. Is there anything you wanted to add about our 'Featured Story of the Week'? Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2222139670

And re: the Lily and Sev story, I guess it's a case of different people having different ideas of their friendship, yet who are all trying to write the same story. I think that's why I prefer the stories we write about characters that are less familiar to us... there's less established in our minds about how they would/wouldn't think, act, speak, etc.

posts left

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:20 am

makes up for with his

12 posts left for Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2134391180 's report
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:06 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Minervagonagalll     willingness to practice and demonstrate

I was thinking about when teachers ask for volunteers to share their work.

I wonder what Minnie McG was saying in this shot?

posts left
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:39 pm

new skills for his peers

I'm sure she's saying something a little sarcastic here, like excusing Harry from homework if he dies! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 1003735042

I'm afraid I won't be around much over the weekend. The school is organising a trip to the beach for all the new teachers and their families. We leave straight after school tomorrow. It's about a two hour bus ride, then a short hop on a speedboat (it's an island - Koh Samet). I'm kind of feeling a bit ambivalent about the whole thing. I'm sure it will be lovely and fun to be at the beach, but I'm not so keen on appearing in my swimsuit in front of work colleagues! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 793915934

10 posts left for Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2134391180 's report

Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:35 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Minervagonagalll     like the spell learned recently,

... transforming something to something, or the name of a spell, if someone feels creative! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2222139670 (I was just thinking, how many examples do we have in the books of any of the students actually transfiguring objects into other objects in their lives outside of class?)

lol! Verity, very likely. I'd bet a few Galleons on it, even.

And have fun on the beach excursion, Verity. sunny Believe me, I feel your pain. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2351571793 But you can always wear a sarong, or some other sort of beach cover-up? I have one that I don't go to any beach without!

posts left
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:10 am

to transform a handkerchief into

Sorry, I seem to be suffering from a lack of imagination at the moment, so I couldn't think of a spell word. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 3276373137

8 posts left for Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2134391180 's report
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:37 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Minervagonagalll     a bottle of ink.

Mr.

My creative juices are running low, too! I need to go to Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 642620432. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 2752390508 A short paragraph about Harry's behavior, and then it's on to Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 4225235429

posts left
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 26 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 41  Next