HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deathy Hallows Part II

+22
Holly
Loopy Lupin
NFla_Barbara
Mona
Gerald Costales
HungarianHorntail11
D.W.
Solitaire
journeymom
Betelgeuse Black
Thom Matheson
freshwater
Choices
shepherdess
Madam Pince
Verity Weasley
Potteraholic
Puck
Ludicrous Patents Office
Viola
Marie E.
Denise P.
26 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 Empty Re: Deathy Hallows Part II

Post  Choices Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:39 pm

Puck - "I'm a sap."

Oh, me too. It will definitely be a many Kleenex movie for me. Not just for the content either, but for the fact that it is **gulp** the last.....the end of an era. Sad
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:37 am

Madame Pince mentioned the boat house. If I remember correctly there is one in the Wii game fro OotP, but that's the only place I have ever seen it. It would have been simple enough to go under the tree to the shack. Some of the changes are understandable, but some are just silly. (I once saw a movie where they changed the name of the main character. Why?)

Hmmm, they have tissue boxes with Cars, but what we really need is an HP box to bring to the theater! Sad
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Thom Matheson Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:32 am

Sitting at the table talking to wife before she left for the office. As she gathered her things, she spilled my water. Mad dash for stuff. She went after the camera, my phone the mail, me, I just reached for my DH2 tickets that I had just printed. Priorities.
Thom Matheson
Thom Matheson
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:40 am

Good to see you have your priorities right Thom! Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 1003735042
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:00 pm

About the Harry/Hermione dance scene...

I thought it was a way of showing the non-book readers that the Harry/Hermione ship just wasn't there, even though they tried it out. They just weren't feeling that way.

Looking forward to Friday!

Betelgeuse.
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Nice thought on that scene, BB. They did look like friends or siblings in that scene. No romance in it.

LOL Thom, about saving the tickets!
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 Empty WOW!!!

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:37 am

Just got back from seeing it with some fellow HP-fan friends, and my mother, who's never read the books and has just seen some of the movies; she wanted to experience some of the 'this is the end of it all" experience, midnight show and all.

As a non-reader...
Spoiler:
Well, time for bed... I'm watching it again tomorrow/today with some teachers from school, who, believe it or not, have never read the books! And are just movie fans. Can't wait to hear what they make of it all. Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 266347159
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Viola Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:59 am

I'm so glad I went to experience the midnight showing. The crowd was fantastic. There were a lot of great costumes. Loving my Harry Potter 3D glasses even though we didn't see it in 3D. Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 1003735042

Can't wait to see it again.

Spoiler:
Viola
Viola
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:26 am

I saw DH pt. 2 last night with a friend....and a theater-full of HP friends! The enthusiasm was palpable...in the energy of the kids and 'tweens and young adults and actuall adults all running around pre-movie (the theater actually allowed seating beginning @ 10:00!)....in the smattering of costumes (mostly Gryffindor ties w/white shirts, wands and a few hats)...in the groans that met each new movie preview 15 - 20 min. after midnight....in the cheers that met the first scene of the movie.

Given some random rowdiness during the 90 min. I sat waiting for the start of the movie, I was a bit afraid that the audience might be a bit loud during the movie (I wouldn't have minded so much, but I thought my friend would), but from the moment the first eerie scene began to unfurl, a focused silence was the rule of the day. Except for a few instances
Spoiler:
....there were no outbursts from the audience.

I want to go back tonight for a 2nd viewing....I'll see the 3-D version this time because I MUST HAVE a pair of the 3-D glasses shaped like Harry's!!!...but here are a few initial impressions: (hope this spoiler code works!)
Spoiler:

Will try to offer something more coherent after my second viewing. Must dash off to take my son to driver's ed. **crossing my fingers for the spoiler code!!**

Last edited by freshwater on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to correct spelling and grammar errors)
freshwater
freshwater
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 Empty No spoiler boxes??

Post  journeymom Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Ahhhh! I can't see the spoilers! Don't know why. I'm clicking on the box, double-clicking, click and drag -nothing. It's bizarre.

How long do we need to use spoiler boxes anyway? Could it just be assumed that this particular thread is full of juicy information that might spoil your viewing experience and if you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this thread?

The movie was EXCELLENT! Looking forward to seeing it again, this time not crammed into a corner close to the screen. The movie image was actually warped, and I came out of there with a sore neck.

Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 3735003615
journeymom
journeymom
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  journeymom Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 pm

OK, now the spoiler boxes opened for me. scratch Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 1242326132

I agree, it was great to watch the movie with an appreciative audience.
journeymom
journeymom
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Thom Matheson Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:31 pm

With my aptitude for all things electronic, yeah right, I won't even attempt to throw a spoiler in but.......Well let's leave it at but. Without ofering a solution, it's not fair to be critical, and I see no other solutions. I suspect it has to be because we are done. As in over, as in done, as there is no more. I'll wait for all of you to catch up.
Thom Matheson
Thom Matheson
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:59 pm

I'm not quite sure what to make of your cryptic post, Thom, but I've just got back from seeing the movie. We went for an afternoon show, hoping it would be quiet since most kids would still be in school, and it was pretty good. We got good seats (ouch Journeymom!) and after sitting through some awful trailers, the movie began. On the whole, I thought it was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. It was very satisfying. Some random thoughts:

Spoiler:

That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll think of more.
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:05 pm

I didn't see the movie, but I looked in the spoiler boxes anyway ... except Verity's (I couldn't get it open, possibly because I was in "preview" mode). It isn't like I don't know how the story ends. Some of the things mentioned bug me. For example ...
Spoiler:
As soon as the last movie is released, I will buy both volumes of DH and watch them one immediately after the other.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludicrous Patents Office Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:43 pm

I really enjoyed the movie. The audience was appreciative. There are some things, as stated above, that I didn't agree with. I loved McG. role in it. I'm going on Monday to see the 3D version. LPO
Ludicrous Patents Office
Ludicrous Patents Office
First Year
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post  journeymom Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:33 pm

This is unspecific enough, I think I can quote this without the spoiler box,

"When so many juicy or "monumental" scenes ... are omitted due to lack of time, why add stuff that didn't even happen? I'll NEVER understand that kind of thinking, and it really angers me when good scenes are omitted to make room for nonsense that didn't even exist in the books."

Well said, Solitaire, and I agree completely.

Verity, the actor who played Crabbe or Goyle, don't remember which, was arrested for possession of marijuana. So I guess he was expelled from Hogwarts.
journeymom
journeymom
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Thom Matheson Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Verity, I just don't know how to do the spoiler thing. But Soli and you have it about right. McGonnegel had the best line, about want to always try that spell.

I did enjoy the film, don't get me wrong, but when it was broken into two parts to "get it all", well, I wanted it all. After 10 years, I wanted to have a better taste in my mouth, not just an ok taste.
Thom Matheson
Thom Matheson
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  journeymom Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Thom, I totally get that.
journeymom
journeymom
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Had to take a nap this afternoon after getting home and seeing the movie for the 2nd time this morning... a matinee attended by not one, but two large day camp groups of about 100-120 kids all told, amongst whom was one of my former students, a soon-to-be 7th grader. Needless to say, he was shocked to see 4 teachers from his alma mater watching HP7II in the same theater as he was! Thankfully, all the pre-movie acceptable-volume noisy kiddlers heeded the call of all the "SHUSHES" from the adult minority in the audience, and a pleasant movie experience was had by all. Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 2222139670

In addition to agreeing with most of what was said already, here are some other thoughts, in no particular order...

Spoiler:

That's all I can remember for now... am sure will have other thoughts later. But I still thought the overall movie was very well-done. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Think my 3rd (and final) viewing Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 1437562208 will be with 3D, and maybe even IMAX 3D.
Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 266347159

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to fix typos, etc.)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Well, I'm back now from seeing the movie in 2D. Good audience except one foolish couple that brought a 2 month old baby. Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 1242194059 Mrs. Betelgeuse (I'll start calling her Spica) really liked the movie.

Spoiler:

Well, more later I suppose.
BB

Last edited by Betelgeuse Black on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Snape commentary)
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  journeymom Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Potteraholic, I totally noticed your #11 there, too!
journeymom
journeymom
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Thom Matheson Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Potterholic, was #8 meant to mimic Molly?
Thom Matheson
Thom Matheson
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  D.W. Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Overall I liked the movie but I do agree with most of the comments too.
D.W.
D.W.
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Both my daughters went to see the movie today and both pronounced it.....

Spoiler:
Deathy Hallows Part II - Page 2 2752390508
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Denise P. Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:28 am

Overall, I liked it. I was glad that:

Spoiler:

I was not so glad to see:

Spoiler:

I will be seeing it again before the weekend ends and then Mr. Denise and I will meet up with Loopy Lupin on Tuesday to go see it. Mr. Denise and I will also go see it in the IMAX at some point.
Denise P.
Denise P.
Headmaster
Headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next