HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive of 20 Questions

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #104

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Julia H. - Jul 3, 2009 10:20 am (#1176 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 25, 2009 1:22 pm

1. Is it an object? Yes.
2. Is whatever it is magical? Yes.
3. Do we see it in the first book? Yes.
4. Does this object belong to a particular person? No. On second thought, in fact some of these objects do.
5. Can it move? No.
6. Do we see these magical objects in any of the other books? Yes.
7. Are all of these objects in the first book identical? My first answer is that I don't know. My second answer is that I guess, even if they are not completely identical, they may be fairly similar.
8. Is it something required for a class? It is used in class.
9. Can you buy it in a shop? Yes.
10. Do these magical objects belong to students? Yes, some of them.
11. Are you talking about magic wands? No...
12. Is it a book? No.
13. Is it something the school furnishes for most kids? Hm. I think it is possible, but it depends on the use of the object.
14. Is it a broom? No.
15. Is it used in more than one class? For one kind of purpose, it is used in one class; for another kind of purpose, it is used in several classes.
16. Is it used in potions? Yes.
17. Is it dragonhide gloves? No, but a part of this guess is getting close!
18. Is it the earmuffs used in Herbology to prevent the students from hearing the cries of the Mandrakes? No.
19. Is it some sort of gloves? No.
20. Is it something on the supply list the kids receive? No, at least I don't think it is mentioned.
21. Is it a piece of equipment? No.
22. Is it a dragon's egg? No.
23. Is it parchment? No.
24. Is it some kind of material? Yes, it can be regarded as a kind of material, but in a more specific form.
25. Does Harry see it in a shop in Diagon Alley? I don't recall Harry seeing it in Diagon Alley, but he did get quite near at least one of these things there!
26. Is it edible? No.
27. Does Harry have one, whatever it is? Not until quite late in the series, when he comes into the possession of one.
28. Is it a potion ingredient? Yes...
29. Is it a Bezoar? No.
30. Is it a copy of Advanced Potion Making? No.
31. Is it the Snitch Dumbledore left to Harry in his will? No.
32. Is it dangerous to handle? No.
33. Do Ron and Hermione have whatever it is, as well? Ron does.

Hint: Even though Harry acquires one at some point in the story, it is not one of his "obvious" possessions. In fact, he acquires something else, and this thing "goes with it". It may be a good idea to find out where the readers can actually "see" these objects, or what else they are used for (apart from being potion ingredients).

34. Are these objects man-made? No.
35. Are these objects useful for defense? Not in themselves, but in combination with something else, definitely.
36. Does Harry steal this potions ingredient from someone (as opposed to having received it from someone)? Harry never steals this thing. When he acquires one, it is not as a potion ingredient, and he neither steals, nor receives it. He acquires it in another way.
37. Does Harry find this item? No.
38. Are these objects plants? No, not plants...
39. Are they parts of animals? Yes!
40. Does Harry buy this item? No.
41. Is it given to him? No.
42. Does he win it? If you mean winning it in a fight, then yes, he does (as a part of something else).
43. When Harry acquires this item, is he at Hogwarts (as opposed to being somewhere else)? He is somewhere else.
44. Does he acquire it during DH, when he and the trio are Horcrux-hunting? Yes!
So these objects are animal parts that are used as potion ingredients but can be used in other ways as well. Harry acquires one as part of something else that he acquires by winning it in a fight during his Horcrux-hunt in DH. Ron has also got one, and this object can be used for defence though not in itself.
45. A unicorn tail hair?

Yes!!! It is both a potion ingredient and a wand core, and it happens to be the core of Draco's wand.

Congratulations, Orion!

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the answer, an accompanying message, and the winner's name.

20 Questions Archive main page

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #105

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Orion - Jul 7, 2009 3:37 am (#1217 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 5:48 am

1. Is it an object? Difficult. I’d say no, not in the strictest sense.
2. Is it commonly found? No.
3. Is it magical? Yes.
4. Do we see it (him/her, whatever) in the first 3 books? No.
5. Is it alive (does it eat/drink/sleep/breathe)? No.
6. Does this magical object (but "not-in-the-strictest-sense") have a tangible, physical form? It definitely has a shape, and you can touch parts of it, but I’m not entirely happy with the category/object. There have been other categories on this thread which are more appropriate for it.
7. Is it shiny? Some parts of it are, but it depends of the cleanliness of the users.
8. Oh Lord, its not something that Arthur has to tend to, is it? No.
9. Is it a spell/charm?? No.
10. Do we see this thing exclusively in one book? Yes.
11. Is it a building? Not quite.
12. Is it a part of a building? Yes, it is.
13. Do we see it in GoF? No.
14. Is it the Veil in the Department of Mysteries? No.
15. Does this 'object' (for want of a better word) play a key role in the plot of the book? No.
16. Is it connected in some way to St. Mungo's No.
17. Is it at Hogwarts? Yes.
18. Do we see it in HBP? No.
19. Do we see it in OotP? No.
20. Do we see this object in the first 10 chapters of DH? No.
21. Do we see this 'object' in the last 10 chapters of DH? Yes, we do indeed, old bean!
22. Do we see this 'object' in the last 5 chapters of DH? No.
23. Is it the shiny stuff--the thoughts--in the Pensieve? No.
24. Is it the hideout version of the Room of Requirement used by Neville and friends in DH? Almost! You’re fantastically close. Can you specify a bit?
25. Is it the bathroom that sprouted in the RoR when the girls came in?

Yes! Sprout! Oh, I love that bathroom! Clever ROR!

Congratulations, Soli!

(Obviously there was no need for a bathroom before the girls came in... )

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the winner's name, the answer, and an accompanying message.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #106

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Solitaire - Jul 8, 2009 1:00 pm (#1243 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 5:50 am

1. Is it magical? Yes.
2. Is it a person? Yes.
3. Is this magical person a Hogwarts student? Yes.
4. Is this person a male? No.
5. Is she a Gryffindor? No.
6. Is she Harry's friend at any point in the story? I don't think so.
7. Is this person a Ravenclaw who plays Quidditch? No, she isn't.
8. Is she a Slytherin? No.
9. Is this female student in Ravenclaw? Yes.
10. Is it Luna Lovegood? No.
11. Is it Cho? No.
12. Is she involved in a plotline in the books? Hm, yes, I think you could say she is.
13. Is this Ravenclaw, Cho's friend, the one who told Umbridge about the RoR? No.
14. Marietta Edgecomb? Nope, it isn't Naughty Marietta! Sorry, couldn't resist!
15. Is it Penelope Clearwater?

Yes, it is indeed!! Congratulations, Julia! The next game is yours.

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the answer and the winner's name.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #107

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Julia H. - Jul 9, 2009 10:59 pm (#1268 of 2994)
Edited Jul 10, 2009 12:01 am

1. Is it a person? No.
2. Is he/she/it magical? Yes.
3. Is he/she/it seen in the first 3 books? No.
4. Is it an object? Yes.
5. Is it a location--such as a town or even a place within a building? No.
6. Do we see this magical object in books 4 or 5? Yes.
7. Can this object think for itself? I don't think so.
8. Do we see it at #12 Grimmauld Place? No.
9. Is it man-made? No.
10. Is this magical object first seen at Hogwarts? No.
11. Do we see it sometime during the trip to the QWC? Yes.
12. Is this magical object seen in just one book? Yes, as far as I remember.
13. Is it the omnioculars the kids used to watch the match? No.
14. Is it connected in any way with the actual tournament? Yes.
15. Is it Leprechaun gold? Yes!!! Congratulations, PatPat!

As soon as the QWC was mentioned, I was sure that the game won't make it to 20 questions.

I look forward to PatPat's puzzle.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : [size=24]→[/size] [url=https://hplf.forumotion.com/t25-archive-of-20-questions-a-potty-game#505]20 Questions Archive main page[/url])
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #108

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:17 pm

PatPat - Jul 16, 2009 6:43 pm (#1307 of 2994)
Edited Jul 16, 2009 7:44 pm

1. Is it an object? No
2. Is it magical? Yes
3. Do we see the person/place/object/etc. in all 7 books? No
4. Is it something / someone that Harry likes? No
5. Is it a person? Yes
6. Is this person a student? No
7. Do we see him/her in more than one book? No
8. Is this magical person a male? Yes
9. Do we see him in GOF? No
10. Is this magical male someone who operates chiefly outside the environs of Hogwarts? Wow! Interesting question! YES!
11. Does he work in the MOM? No
12. Do we see this magical, male adult in Deathly Hallows? No
13. Is this magical male supportive of Dumbledore's policies? Hmm. This is a tough one, Soli. I guess the best answer would be NO.
14. Is he the father of a student? No
15. Is he seen in CoS? No
16. Is it Rufus Scrimgeour? No
17. Is this magical male adult--who is in neither CoS, GoF, or DH--a Death Eater? Not to my knowledge
18. Does Harry ever meet him face to face? Yes
19. Is he in the age group between 30 and 40? I, honestly, don't know. I doubt it.
20. Does he work on the Knight Bus? No
21. Is he Tom Riddle? No
22. Do we see him in OoP? No
23. Do we see this magical male in HBP? Yes. :-) Picked this book on purpose in honor of the new movie.
24. Does this magical make appear in the first 1/2 of HBP (chs. 1 to 15)? Yes
25. Is it Sanguini?

EDIT: MAMS got it! It is Sanguini, the vampire Harry meets in HBP. Well done!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #109

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 pm

me and my shadow 813 - Jul 18, 2009 1:29 pm (#1349 of 2994)

You got it PAH!

1. Is whatever it is magical? No
2. Is it an object? Yes
3. Do we see him/her/it in the first three books? Yes
4. Is it a person? No
5. Do we see this object primarily outside of Hogwarts? Yes, technically
6. Does this non-magical object belong to Harry? No
7. Is it used for housekeeping? No
8. Does this non-magical object belong to the Dursleys? No
9. Would this non-magical object fit in a standard-sized cauldron, like the ones used by students in Potions? No
10. Does this non-magical object that we see outside Hogwarts appear in the first book? No
11. Can we find it in London? (In the books.) No
12. Does it belong to a member of the Order of the Phoenix? No
13. Is this somewhat magical object used by a Death Eater? Short answer is No because the long answer won’t help you solve it. Long answer is technically Yes, I would imagine this object was used once by a Death Eater’ but we don’t ‘see’ it
14. Is this object seen at the Burrow? No
15. Do we see this object in more than one book? Yes
16. Do we see this object in any of the other four books? Yes
17. Is this object one of a kind (as opposed to common)? No, they are not one of a kind
18. Do we see this object in Hogsmeade? Yes
19. Do we see it inside a building? No
20. Does one of the Hogwarts students buy one or more of these objects? No, they are not for sale
21. Does it stand on the ground? Yes
22. Do we see this object during Harry's very FIRST visit to Hogsmeade? No, we see them beforehand
23. Is it the Shrieking Shack? No, they are not a ‘place’
24. Are these objects the carriages Hogwarts students ride to get from Hogsmeade Station to Hogwarts Castle? Yes!

Sorry I couldn’t get any more specific with my answers than I did. It would have given too much away! Explanations to responses:

#1: the carriages are not magical or charmed but might seem that way to those who have not witnessed a death. Only the Thestrals are magical, and of course they were not the answer

#5: we primarily see them in Hogsmeade, although they do travel into Hogwarts grounds

#13: In HBP, Draco was already a Death Eater and he must have used a carriage to get from Hogsmeade to school (after stomping on Harry's nose, of course)

Congratulations, PAH, it’s all yours!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #110

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Potteraholic - Jul 21, 2009 7:49 am (#1407 of 2994)
Edited Jul 21, 2009 9:16 am

1. Is it an object? Yes, they are.
2. Is it magical? No.
3. Do we see these non-magical things in the possession of Wizards? Yes, for a brief time.
4. Are these objects small enough to fit in your hand? Yes.
5. Are these objects edible? Yes, in a manner of speaking.
6. Do we see them with Harry? Yes, for a brief time.
7. Do we ever see any of the Muggles in Harry's world in possession of these items? No.
"... any of the Muggles in Harry's world..." a) The Dursleys? b) Muggles in general? I went with a) in my answer.

8. Do we see them in the first three books? No.
9. Do we see them in DH? Yes.
10. Do we see them in more than one book? No.
11. Are they the wild mushrooms the kids eat (and Ron insults) while they are on the run? No.
12. Are they living things? No.
13. Do we see them with anyone besides Harry? Yes.
14. Does Harry ever actually eat any of these things? No, not Harry.
15. Are they potions ingredients? No.
16. Are they harmful for the body? No.
17. Are they made out of animal parts? No.
18. Do we see them in 12 GP? No.
19. Do we see them during the camping phase of DH? No.
20. Are they something the kids see when they go to see Xeno Lovegood? No.
21. Are they parts of plants? (Okay, I have read the answer to question 12 but a part of a plant is not living any more by any standards...)
No, the things themselves are not parts of plants, but they have some part of a plant in them. Sorry for the wordy answer.
22. Do we see this item in one of Molly's dishes at the Burrow, before the Trio flee? [/color]No. [/color]
23. Do we see whatever these are during the last ten chapters of DH? No. [/color]
24. Are these things by any chance some of the Puking Pastilles and Nosebleed Nougats the kids give to the Ministry workers when they invade the Ministry? No. [/color]
I had to check this on the Lexicon, but Puking Pastilles and Nosebleed Nougats first appeared in OotP and/or HBP. The things in question appear only in DH. (Qs #9 and #10)
25. Do we see them in the Ministry of Magic building? No. [/color]
26. Do we see them in London? Yes! [/color]
27. Do we see them when the Trio break into Gringott's? No. [/color]
28. Hm ... are you talking about the cappuccinos (made from coffee beans, which come from plants) that Hermione orders for them in the cafe in Tottenham Road ... where the two DEs attack them? Remember that Harry does not have one, as he is hiding under the cloak. YES!!!
28. (cross-post) Is it something that is actually eaten? [color=green]No, PatPat, great question, as cappuccinos are not eaten, but are drunk. (So 'eaten' in a 'manner of speaking'.)
BTW, this was a tricky question to know how to answer, and I hoped the part in blue would've developed a line of questioning about how this thing was 'eaten'. Sorry if my answer seemed misleading, but I couldn't just answer, 'Yes', alone and say that cappuccinos are 'eaten'.

Hint 1: It would help to look at Questions #5 and #11. There's a part of each Q and/or A that's helpful.

Hint 2: (Revised from the previous updates.) It would now help to figure out: Exactly where in London are Harry and the others he’s with?

Summary up to Q #18 available at the bottom of this post.

Please look at the answers for Qs #5, #14, #23 and #26. They are highlighted for a reason (which may only become apparent after someone guesses what these things are).

Remember that Harry does not have one [a cappuccino], as he is hiding under the cloak. ~ Solitaire

Solitaire, I thought I had remembered that Harry didn't have one. (re: my answer to Q #14)

Okay, I wanted to find something that appeared only in one book and wasn't magical, so that it would narrow the possibilities and have these 2 cups of "foamy, grayish coffee" guessed by Q #20. Alas, earwax! But some questions were just so hard to answer, as many of you before me have already found out, numerous times. This is only the 2nd time I've run a 20 Questions ‘ my first mystery thing was Petunia's salmon-colored cocktail dress from CoS ‘ and it was much easier to answer those Q's then, for some reason.

In any case, Solitaire, CONGRATS! On to the next game...

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #111

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Solitaire - Jul 24, 2009 10:07 am (#1431 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 5:53 am

1. Is it an object? Yes.
2. Is it magical? Yes.
3. Is this object used by a student? Yes.
4. Is this magical object used by a Hogwarts student? Yes.
5. Is this magical object used in more than one book? No.
6. Is it some sort of jewelry? No.
7. Is this magical thing used by a Gryffindor? Hm ... Yes, I believe a Gryffindor does use it at some point.
8. Is it found in the first three books? No.
9. Does it have something to do with school? No, it doesn't really have anything to do with Hogwarts itself.
10. Can this object be found at Weasleys Wizard Wheezes? Why, yes, it can! (I think someone has it figured out!)
11. Is this object used within Hogwarts castle in the sixth book? Yes.
12. Is it Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder? Alas, no.
13. Is it WonderWitch love potions? No.
14. Is it a Spell-Checking quill? No.

Hint: I'm thinking of a very specific thing, and someone has gotten so close that he or she is practically there. Please review the last couple of questions very closely, because one was just too general. I will be heading to Curves in a short while, but I'll check before I leave, if you want to make another guess.

15. Is it the potions-filled chocolates given to Harry by Romilda? (never mind, these cannot be found at WWW.)

Shadow, actually, you are right! The answer was the potion-filled chocolate cauldrons that Ron ate. I guess I misunderstood the Cauldrons. I thought they, too, were WWW. Hence my comment in the last game that we can all make mistakes that skew the game. Anyway ...

YOU WIN!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! The next game is yours!!

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the winner's name, the answer, and an accompanying message.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #112

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:23 pm

me and my shadow 813 - Jul 25, 2009 9:30 am (#1456 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 5:54 am

Good morning!

1. Is he/she/it/the place magical? No
2. Is he/she/it/the place found in more than one book? No
3. Is this a person? No
4. Do we see this non-magical something in HBP? Yes
5. Is it a non-magical thing (By thing, I mean it is NOT a person, creature, place. A THING could be a plant, an object of some sort. I suppose there are also intangible things, like spells. ?) No
6. Is it an inanimate object? No
7. Are we talking about a place or location? No
8. Is it an abstract thing, such as an idea or concept? No
9. Is it an animal? Yes
10. Does it live in a forest? No
11. Do we see it in the first ten chapters? Yes
12. Is it big? It is smaller than a child so I will say “No”
13. Is it the fox that Bella kills as she and Narcissa are going to Spinner's End?
14. Does it have feathers?

Yes, Soli! You got it! Wow that was a quickie. Back over to you!

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the winner's name and the answer.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #113

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Solitaire - Jul 28, 2009 8:49 pm (#1507 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 6:01 am

1. Is it magical? Yes.
2. Is it a person? No.
3. Do we see this magical something/someone/etc in one of the first three books? No, I don't believe we do.
4. Is it a thing? Yes.
5. Is this magical thing seen in more than one book? Corrected: Yes, we see it in two books.
6. Is this thing owned by an adult? Owned is a tough word. An adult is in charge of it. (That's kind of a hint, I guess.)
7. Is it black? No.
8. Is it a dark object? No.
9. Does it have legs? No.
10. Is it found in more than one place? Although we see it in only one place, I have no doubt that it can be found in other places in the Wizarding world.
11. Is it powerful? Yes, I would say it is.
12. Is it a small object? The term small is relative. I suppose it is relatively small.
13. Do we see this object at Hogwarts? Indeed we do!
14. Do we see it in Goblet of Fire? No.
15. Do we see it in DH? Yes, we do.
16. Is it a small representation of some other, bigger object? No.
17. Is it possible to "wear" this object? No.
18. Will it fit in a pocket? That would depend completely on the size of the pocket. I don't believe it would fit into a jeans pocket.
19. Is this object found in a teacher's office at Hogwarts? No.
20. Is the object found in Hagrid's house? No, but that is a great question!
21. Is the adult who's in charge of it a female? Yes.
22. Is she a professor? Yes!
23. Is this object found in a classroom? No, ... it's not exactly a classroom.
24. Is this object made of glass? No.
25. Is the professor Professor Trelawny? No, it is not Trelawney.
26. Is the object found in one of the greenhouses? Why, yes, it is!
27. Is this a living thing? Yes, it is.
28. Is it a plant? Yes!
29. is it a Venomous Tentacula? No, sorry.
30. Is it a mandrake? No.
31. Is it used in the Battle of Hogwarts! Yes!
32. Is it a Snargaluff pod? Yes!

Congratulations, PatPat!! You are, indeed, correct! The next game is yours.

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the winner's name and the answer.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #114

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:27 pm

PatPat - Aug 2, 2009 5:56 pm (#1543 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 6:04 am

PatPat, re question #9, I meant was it an actual location--like London, 12 GP, or St. Mungo's--as opposed to being a place within a location--like Harry's cupboard (which is part of 4 PD), the RoR, or Myrtle's bathroom (which are part of Hogwarts Castle) ~Solitaire

1. Is it a person? No
2. Is it something tangible? Yes
3. Has it ever set foot into Hogwarts? No
4. Is it an object of some sort? No
5. Is it an animal? No
6. Is it magical? Yes
7. Is it a place? Yes!
8. Can it move from place to place? No
9. Is it an actual location, like a city or a house or a building? I’m not sure I understand this question. It is a place/location. NO! See clarification above.
10. It the place in Hogsmeade? No
11. Has a Death Eater ever been at that place? Yes!
12. Is this place located in London? Yes
13. Is this place located somewhere in Diagon Alley? Why, yes it is!
14. Do we see this place in more than one book? No
15. Is this place within the Ministry of Magic? No
16. Does the place have four defining vertical boundaries? Like walls of stone or brick, or four wooden panels, for example of a cupboard? Boy, you guys are testing me with these questions! I would have to say, yes, to the best of my knowledge.
17. Are we talking about somewhere in Gringotts, like Harry's vault? Yes, it is someplace in Gringotts, but No it is not Harry’s vault.
18. Is it the Lestranges' vault where the Hufflepuff's cup was hidden?
19. Is it the tunnel which leads downwards to the vaults? The one with the little carts?
20. Is it the doors with the warning to thieves carved into them?

Solitaire has it! It is the Lestrange's vault. The 20 questions baton goes back to you!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #115

Post  Potteraholic Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Solitaire- Aug 6, 2009 7:55 am (#1571 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 4:26 am

1. Is it an object? Yes.
2. Is it magical? No.
3. Is it so small that it fits into a pocket? No.
4. Is it a dark object? No.
5. Is it bigger than a human? No.
6. Do we see it in #4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey? No.
7. Do we see it in the first three books? No.
8. Does it appear in more than one place? Yes.
9. Do we see it in the last three books? Yes.
10. Is it made of wood? Hm ... not wood, exactly.
11. Is it made of paper or parchment? Yes, although we are not told which one. I'm assuming paper.
12. Is it a book? Yes, it is.
13. Do we see it in more than one book? No, we do not.
14. Is Harry using it in one of his classes? No.
15. Do we see it in HBP? No.
16. Is this book given to anyone as a present? Well, it is definitely given to someone.
17. Is it the Tales of Beedle the Bard that DD left to Hermione in his will? YES!!!
Congratulations, freshwater! The next game is yours!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #116

Post  Potteraholic Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:41 pm

freshwater - Aug 9, 2009 11:30 am (#1605 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 4:28 am

1. Is it a person? No.
2. Is it magical? Yes.
3. Does it appear in more than one book? I'm not sure...perhaps.
4. Does it appear in the first 3 books? Yes.
5. Does it appear in one of the last 3 books? No.
6. Is it a piece of furniture? No.
7. Is it a place? No.
8. Do we see it at Hogwarts? Yes....although it came from somewhere else...
9. Do we see it in PoA? Yes.
10. Is it an object? Yes.
11. Do we see it in GoF? No...I don't think so.
12. Is it a Time-Turner? No.
13. Is this magical object a dark object. No.
14. Do we see it in CoS? No, I don't think so.
15. Is it one of Dumbledore's? We never hear of him owning one, but I wouldn't put it past him!
16. Does Harry ever use whatever it is? We are not told that he does, although Harry does own one.
17. Did it come from Hogsmeade? YES!
18. Was the magical object purchased by one of the trio? Both Harry and Ron bought one.
19. Is it a joke item? Yes! You're on the right track, azi!
20. Does this object turn up in Snape's office? No, not that we know of.
21. Is this object useful for finding other things? No.
22. Is it a nose-biting tea cup?
23. Is it Hiccup Sweets?

You've got it, Solitaire! It is indeed a 'nose-biting teacup'.

BTW, I wish that Fred and George had succeeding in switching one of Umbridge's teacups with a 'nose-biting' version! Mwuh-ha-ha-ha! **evil grin**

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #117

Post  Potteraholic Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Solitaire - Aug 10, 2009 5:27 pm (#1628 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 4:30 am

1. Is it an object? Yes.
2. Is it magical? Yes.
3. Is it in Hogwarts Castle? No.
4. Do we see it in the first 3 books? No.
5. Does it belong to a particular person? Yes.
6. Do we see it in the last three books? Yes.
7. Does it belong to a supporter of the Dark Side? Yes, it does.
8. Do we see it in more than one book? Yes.
9. Is it a unique object? Yes.
10. Is the owner of this magical object a man? Yes.
11. Have we seen this magical object in the presence of Lord Voldemort? Yes.
12. Did we see it in GoF? Yes.
13. Would this object (belonging to a supporter of the Dark Side) be considered an object of Dark Magic in and of itself? I don't know. Possibly.

I think someone has figured it out!!

14. Is it Wormtail's silver hand? YES, IT IS!!!

Congratulations, PatPat! The next game is yours!!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #118

Post  Potteraholic Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:43 pm

PatPat- Aug 14, 2009 7:51 pm (#1656 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 4:32 am

1. Is it something magical? Yes
2. Is it a magical thing? Yes
3. Is it a place? No
4. Is this magical (fill in the blank) considered to be Dark? Definitely not
5. Can it talk? No
6. Do we see it in the first 3 books? No
7. Do we see it in DH? Yes
8. Does it belong to a Hogwarts student? No
9. Do we see it in any other book? No
10. Do we see it in the Burrow? No
11. Has DD been in contact with it? mm. tough one. It’s possible, but not in any of the books.
12. Is it easy to carry around with you? No
13. Does Harry ever come into contact with it? Yes
14. Do we see it at Hogwarts? No
15. Do we see it at #12 Grimmauld Place? No
16. Do Ron and Hermione have contact with it? Ron – No, Hermione – Yes
17. Is this magical thing "alive" in any sense? No
18. Do we see it in Godric's Hollow? Why, yes we do!
19. Is it made of stone? Yes
20. Is it Rita Skeeter's book about Dumbledore? No
21. Is it the monument to the Potter family in the square in Godric's Hollow?

freshwater is correct! It is the monument to the Potters in Godric's Hollow. Well done!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #119

Post  Potteraholic Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:46 pm

freshwater - Aug 19, 2009 10:04 am (#1681 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 4:34 am

1. Is it magical? Yes.
2. Is it a person? No.
3. Is it alive? No, although appearances might be deceiving.
4. Is it a magical thing? Yes.
5. Does it have a muggle equivalent? Yes, muggles have something similar, but not an exact exchange.
6. Is this a dark object? No.
7. Does it bite? Not in an aggressive way, but it does eat.
8. Do we see this object in more than one book? Yes, in all of them, I believe.
9. Would the average wizard on the street want one? Probably not.
10. Is it constructed of various parts? Hmmmm...yes, I think you'd say so.
11. If the average wizard wouldn't want one, can we then assume that this is an absolutely useless object which just exists but people can't be bothered to get rid of them? No, it's very useful.
12. Have we seen this magical thing, which is not alive but somehow manages to eat, in Hagrid's hands? No, not in Hagrid's hands.
13. Is it a portrait? (They can drink so they may be able to eat as well.) Why, yes! Yes it is! But which one...?
14. Is it the portrait of #5F04B4 ...? No.
15. Is it Phineas Nigellus portrait? No.
16. The Fat Lady?

Yes, Julia, that is my totally unoriginal choice: the portrait of the Fat Lady that guards the entrance to the Gryffindor common room. Congratulations, the 20 Questions game is now yours!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #120

Post  Potteraholic Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Julia H. - Aug 22, 2009 7:53 am (#1722 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 31, 2009 4:36 am

1. Is it magical? Yes.
2. Is it a Magical person? No.
3. Is it a magical thing? No.
4. Is it a part of Hogwarts? No.
5. Is this magical person female? It is not a person and not one of a kind.
6. Is it a creature? [b]Yes.

7. Do we see it in only one book? Yes.
8. Does it walk on legs? Yes, I suppose it does.
9. Do we see it in book 3? No.
10. It is an animal or magical creature? Yes.
11. Is it vaguely humanoid? No.
12. Do we see it in book 4? Yes.
13. Is it one of the creatures in the maze? No.
14. Is it the Sphinx? No.
15. Is it someone's pet? "Pet" may not be the best word, but it's close to it.
16. Does it live underwater? No.
17. Does it have anything to do with the Tournament? Yes.
18. Does it pertain to the second task? No.
19. Is it seen in the first task? No.
20. Is it small? [b]No.

21. Is it a dragon? No.
22. Is it a winged creature? Yes, indeed.
23. Is it one of Madame Maxines's horses?

Yes, Orion! It is one or all of Madame Maxime's horses! Congratulations!!!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #121

Post  Potteraholic Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Orion - Sep 4, 2009 7:51 am (#1816 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Sep 4, 2009 2:33 pm

1. Is it magical? Oh yeah!
2. Is it a magical person? No.
3. Is it a place? No.
4. Is it an object? No.
5. Is it a plant? No.
6. Is it an animal? Yes.
7. Is it something that we find in all seven books? No.
8. Is it seen in more than one book? No.
9. Does this animal harm or attack anyone in that book? No. Can’t.
10. Is it alive when we see it? The category “alive” doesn’t really apply to it.
11. Is it produced by magic? Yes!
12. Do we see it in PoA? No.
13. Do we see it in GoF? No.
14. Do we see it in transfiguration class? Nope.
15. Do we see it during an exam? We see one of them, or it is absolutely certain that one of them is present during one specific exam.
16. Was it in OotP? Yes!
17. Is it a patronus? No, but there's a Patronus who just looks like that.
18. Is it in a picture? Yes.
19. Is it one of the cats in the pictures in Umbridge's office?
Yes, Pesky, you're right! More specifically it's the cat on Umbridge's broche, but that might be movie contamination anyway. Over to you, old bean.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #122

Post  Potteraholic Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:50 pm

freshwater - Aug 31, 2009 3:18 pm (#1801 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Sep 3, 2009 10:40 pm

1. Is it a touchable/tangible thing? Yes.
2. Is it magical? Yes.
3. Is it a thing? Yes.
4. Do we see it in more than one book? Hmmmm...yes, I believe so.
5. Do we see it in the first three books? Yes.
6. Were we ever told specifically that this touchable/tangible thing was purchased in a wizarding retail establishment? No, we are not.
7. Do we see it in the other four books? No...I don't believe so.
8. Does it belong specifically to one person? No, it does not.
9. Does Harry ever have possession of it? No.
10. Is it one-of-a-kind, or do we see or know of others like it? It is unique, although there are many others similar to it.
11. Is it bigger than a bread box? Yes.
12. Is it Dark? No, it is not.
13. Is it at Hogwarts? Yes, it is.
14. Does it hold things? No, not like a container would.
15. Do we see it used by Dumbeldore? I do not believe that we ever see DD "use" this...not as it is used by others, at least.
16. Is it used mainly by a professor of Hogwarts? No, it is used by many different people.
17. Can it be folded up? No.
18. Is it a room? No.
19. Is it made of wood? Part of it is.
20. Is it a trunk? No.
21. Can it be used for traveling? No.
22. Do we see it in PoA? Yes!!!!
23. Is it the wardrobe holding the boggart in Remus' first DADA class? Great idea...but, no.
24. Is it the case that holds the Quidditch ball? Creative idea, but, no.
25. Is it inside the castle? Yes.
26. Is there only one of its kind at Hogwarts? Well...there are actually many "of its kind" at Hogwarts, but this one is still unique.
27. Is it a door? Is it not exactly a door...but it behaves like one.
28. Is it one of the portraits or paintings that conceal doorways or openings to common rooms or other rooms? (We just did the portrait of the fat lady a couple of weeks ago, so I know it can't be her.) YES!!! It is one of the doors to one of the common rooms! But it is not the Fat Lady....
29. Is it one of the seven secret passageways shown on the Marauder's Map? Clever idea, but, no.
30. Is it the door to the Ravenclaw common room--the one with the talking bronze door knocker that asks a question for admittance? An excellent guess, Solitaire, but not the one I have in mind.
31. Is it Sir Cadogan? YES! You have it, Julia: the portrait of Sir Cadogan that replaced the Fat Lady as guardian of the door to the Gryffindor Common Room.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #123

Post  Potteraholic Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 pm

PeskyPixie - Sep 7, 2009 8:38 am (#1860 of 2994)

And it has been solved! I picked the same thing I had picked for my very first riddle.

1. Is it magical? yes
2. Is it a person? no
3. Is it an object? yes, it is when we see it
4. Is it a creature? no
5. Is it found in the first 3 books? no, although it probably was there in the background
6. Is whoever/wherever/whatever it is ever seen in Diagon Alley? no
7. Does this magical object belong to a Hogwarts professor? yes, but not exclusively
8. Do we see this magical object in books 4 or 5? no (but, once again, it probably was in the background somewhere)
9. Is the object smaller than a computer mouse? I'll say yes, but it may be bigger (we're not told the exact dimensions)
10. Is it one-of-a-kind, or do we see others? no, not one of a kind
11. Do we see this object in Hogwarts Castle? yes
12. Does Harry ever use this object? yes
13. Do we see this object in book 7? no
14. Do we see this object in book 6? yes
15. Is this magical object usually worn on a person --as opposed to stored in a bag or shelf or...? no, although Luna could successfully incorporate it into her wardrobe!
16. Is it associated with one of the Houses? no
17. When Harry uses this object, is it in the context of a class? yes
18. When Harry uses this object, is it in the context of one class, exclusively? yes
19. Does Harry use this object in Potions? yes!
20. Is it the silver dagger he borrows from Hermione in Potions class to crush those little soporific (?) beans for his Draught of Living Death potion? no
21. Is it the potions book that formerly was the "property of the Half-blood Prince"? no
22. Is this object a tool, as opposed to some sort of potions ingredient? no
23. Do we see this item in the first half of the book? yes
24. Is it the bezoar? no
25. Is it the bean that he crushed with the knife instead of chopping it, in their first class w/Slughorn? YES! It is the SOPOPHOROUS BEAN! Can't have a Draught of Living Death without it!

Congratulations, Freshwater!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #124

Post  Potteraholic Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:18 pm

freshwater - Sep 8, 2009 3:26 pm (#1884 of 2994)

1. Is it an object? No.
2. Is it magical? Yes.
3. Is it alive? No.
4. Do we see it in the first 3 books? Yes.
5. Would it fit into a school bag? Definitely not!
6. Is it a place? Yes, it is.
7. Is it an object? No.
8. Is it in PS? Yes.
9. Is it a Wizarding place? Yes.
10. Is it a structure/building? It is part of a larger building.
11. Is it located in Diagon Alley? No.
12. Is it located in Hogwarts? No.
13. Do we see it in the remaining 4 books? We see it in all of the first 6 books.
14. Do all students go there (as opposed to just Harry)? Yes, all students go there.
15. Is it a certain room? It is not a room, but it is a certain location.
16. Is it Platform 9 and 3/4? Yes, it is! Well done, me and my shadow 813!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #125

Post  Potteraholic Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:24 pm

me and my shadow 813 - Sep 11, 2009 10:57 am (#1932 of 2994)

CORRECT!

1. Is it an object? No
2. Is it a person? Yes
3. Is it a witch/wizard? Yes
4. Is it a witch? No
5. Is this wizard a DE? No
6. Are they powerful? No
7. Is this person an adult? Yes
8. Does this person own an object which is important for the plot? No
9. As the person is not powerful are they in St Mungo's? No
10. Is it a teacher? Yes
11. "powerful" in Q6 -- powerful as in very talented or powerful in terms of Minister for Magic? Yes and Yes
12. Does the person have black hair? No
13. Is he in the first book? No
14. Does this not-very-powerful wizard teacher have blonde hair? No
15. Did this person teach DADA? No
16. Do we see this teacher in "real time"--meaning when Harry is actually a student? Yes
17. Is this teacher older than fifty? Yes it seems so
18. Does he have facial hair? No
19. Does this professor ever have Harry and Ron in his class? Yes but no one asked if he was a professor
20. Does he wear glasses? No
21. Just to be sure, does this synonym-for-teacher teach a class at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? Yes
22. Is this person also a magical creature? No
23. Is this teacher helpful to Harry? No
24. Is this teacher actually alive when he is teaching Harry and Ron? Yes
25. Do we see this teacher in HBP? Yes!
26. Is he particularly obnoxious? No
27. Is it Wilkie Twycross? YES IT IS!

Wilkie Twycross was the Apparition Instructor in HBP: 'He was oddly colourless, with transparent eyelashes, wispy hair and an insubstantial air, as though a single gust of wind might blow him away.'

Congrats, SSS -- over to you!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #126

Post  Potteraholic Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:05 am

Swedish Short-Snout - Sep 12, 2009 9:11 pm (#1955 of 2994)

1. Is it an object? Yes.
2. Is whatever/whoever/wherever it is magical? Yes.
3. Is this object seen at Hogwarts? Yes.
4. Do we see it in the first three books? Yes.
5. Is it associated with a particular person? Yes.
6. Would it fit into your pocket? Yes.
7. Do we see it in more than one book? Yes.
8. Is the person most associated with this small, magical object a male? Yes.
9. Do we see it in the remaining four books? Yes.
10. Is the object commonly found? It's a particular object, but similar ones are fairly common.
11. Is it a fun object? No.
12. Was this object given as a gift? Yes.
13. Is Harry the particular person who received this object as a gift? Yes.
14. Did Harry receive this gifted object from a student? Yes.
15. Is it the pocket sneak-o-scope that Ron got Harry for his birthday just before third year? Yes, it is!

Congratulations, freshwater!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #127

Post  Potteraholic Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:07 am

freshwater - Sep 15, 2009 7:44 pm (#1980 of 2994)

1. Is it an object? Yes.
2. Is it magical? Yes, it is.
3. Do we see it in more than one book? Yes.
4. Is it small enough to be carried around in a pocket? Yes.
5. Do we see it in all 7 books? No.
6. Do we see it in the last two books? It is in one of the last two books.
7. Does Harry come into contact with it? Nearly, but I don't recall that he ever actually held it.
8. Is it shop bought? No.
9. Do we see it at Hogwarts? Although it is almost certainly there at some points, we never see it there.
10. Do we see it in DH? Yes, we do.
11. Is it made of metal? I don't think we are ever told, but I have always presumed that it is made of metal.
12. Is it a horcrux? No.
13. Is it of longish shape? Hmmmm....somewhat. A vague answer for a vague question.
14. Does it belong to a Hogwarts student? Yes.
15. Ia this student a male? Yes.
16. Is it the Deluminator left to Ron by Dumbledore? Yes, it is! Well done, Solitaire!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #3, Game #128

Post  Potteraholic Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:07 am

Solitaire - Sep 24, 2009 5:57 am (#2030 of 2994)
Edited by Potteraholic Sep 24, 2009 12:06 pm

1. Is it an object? How to answer that ... It is certainly an item.
2. Is it magical? Yes.
3. Is it part of Hogwarts? Not part of it, no.
4. Do we see it/him/her in the first 3 books? No.
5. Is this item that is not part of Hogwarts ever seen in the castle? I don't think we see it, exactly, but we see the results of using it.
6. Is this item alive? Nope, it is not alive.
7. Is it a "Fred&George" item? No.
8. Does this belong to a Hogwarts student? Yes.
9. Is this an item that Harry has in his rucksack? No.
10. Is it liquid? Yes.
11. Does a teacher ever use it? I don't think so. We never know of it, at any rate.
12. Is it one of a kind? No, there is a lot of it, I am sure.
13. Is it the Vanishing Cabinet Draco repaired in the RoR? No.
14. Is it Love Potion (as made by Romilda Vane)? No.
15. Is it a potion? Yes.
16. Is it the contents of a Pensieve? No.
17. Do we see it in more than one book? No.
18. Can it be legally used at Hogwarts? Yes.
19. Arrrr, be it lucky? No more so than a lot of other potions ... although it might give the user an edge in certain situations.
20. Is it pepper-up potion? No.
21. Is it the potion to boost brain power? No, sorry.
22. Is it seen in book 6? No.
23. A potion to make you age a little? No, sorry.
24. Do we see it in book 4? Why, yes, we do!
25. Does it belong to a Gryffindor? Yes.
26. Is it used in connection with the Tournament? No.
27. Is it the Antidote that Harry has been making in potions? No.
28. Is it used for private student purposes rather than in class? Yes.
29. Is it a potion for Dreamless Sleep? No.

30. Is it used by a male student as opposed to a female? No.
31. Is it used for purposes that are helpful to Harry? No.

Okay ... it will be an hour or two until I am back. I'm going to CURVES, and then I'm going to see my new great-nephew!

32. Is it Sleekeazy's Hair Potion? YES!! Congratulations, Julia!! The next game is yours!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu May 05, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added link to index in header post)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 6 Empty Re: Archive of 20 Questions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next