HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive of 20 Questions

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #54

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Dryleaves - Jan 18, 2009 1:50 pm (#1999 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 8:33 am

1. Is it a person? Yes.
2. Is it a place? No.
3. Is it magical? Yes.
4. Is it human? Yes.
5. Is it at Hogwarts? No.
6. Should we talk about this person using "she"? No.
7. Does "person" include things that used to be people, like ghosts? Yes, in a way.
8. Is this person alive any time between Harry Potter's birth and the end of the second war? Hmm... Yes, I think so, but I’m not sure.
9. Is it someone who is no longer alive? Yes.
10. Is he a Black? No.
11. Was he a member of the Order of the Phoenix? No.
12. Do we see this person in one of the memories placed into the Pensieve? Yes.
13. Do we see a photograph of that person? No.
14. Do we read about him in HBP, in "The House of Gaunt"? Yes.
15. Is it Tobias Snape, Severus' father? No.
16. Is the person on the dark side? No.
17. Is it Prof. Binns? No.
18. Does he work for the Ministry? Yes.
19. Is it Bob Ogden?

Yes! Congratulations, Soli!

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the winner's name and the answer.

20 Questions Archive main page

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #55

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Solitaire - Jan 19, 2009 10:13 am (#2030 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 8:45 am

1. Is it a person? No.
2. Is it a place? No.
3. Is it found in Britain? Yes.
4. Is it a magical object? Yes.
5. Do we see it in Scotland? Yes, we do.
6. Would it fit in a pocket? Most definitely, yes.
7. Is it a common object, as opposed to unique? Yes, it is quite common in the Wizarding community.
8. Is it made of wood? No.
9. Does Harry come into contact with this object? Yes.
10. Do we ever see it in the Gryffindor common room? No, I don't think so.
11. Is it owned by a student? Well, many students have certainly had one.
12. Is it edible? Yes.
13. Is it something that is worn on the body? No.
14. Do teachers also use this object? Hm ... I'm not sure if we have seen them do so, but I wouldn't doubt it!
15. It may be edible, but is it something someone like Ron would actually want to eat? Yes, absolutely!
16. Is it available at Honeyduke's Sweet Shop? Why, yes, I think it is!
17. Is it a kind of chocolate? Yes.
18. Is it made of chocolate? Yes.
19. Is it Chocoballs? No.
20. Is it Chocolate Frogs? YES, it is CHOCOLATE FROGS!

Congratulations, Freshwater!

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the winner's name and the answer.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #56

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:48 pm

freshwater - Jan 21, 2009 5:20 pm (#2076 of 2993)

1. Is it a place? No.
2. Is it an object? Yes....
3. Is it magical? No.
4. Is it a person? No.
5. Do we see this non-magical object at the Dursleys? No, heaven forbid!
6. Is it bigger than a breadbox? No.
7. Is it small enough to go into a pocket? Might be a tight squeeze, but, yes.
8. Is it made of metal? No.
9. Is any part of it made of paper? Hmmm, maybe...but not the live part **BIG hint**
10. If it is an object, but it has a "living" part, is it a plant? No.
11. Is this object some kind of animal? Nearly...yeah...sorta.
12. Maybe like a pet? No, not desirable as a pet.
13. Do we see whatever this is in PS/SS? No....and since this is proving to be a confusing topic, here's a hint: we see these live,non-magical things in several books, but the specific one I'm thinking of (remember 'Vernon's mustache' vs. 'a mustache'?) is seen in only one book.
14. Do we see this specific critter in one of the last three books? Yes, in one of them.
15. Does Harry have one of these? No.
16. Do we see or hear about it in a Care of Magical Creatures class? No.
17. Does this non-magical critter appear in OotP? No, but you're close...
18. Do we see this critter at Hogwarts? No.
19. Is this critter dangerous? Only slightly.
20. Is it the garden gnome decorated to be an "angel" on top of the Weasley's Christmas tree in HBP? YES! I think it's the funniest thing in the entire book! Congrats, Julia!

Whew! Can anyone else appreciate my dilemma? Garden gnomes are sort of human like, although they are treated like a garden pest...like moles or a destructive insect. And, despite the resemblance to human body, face, etc., they do not interact intelligently with humans, or with each other for all that we see in the books. So I decided that they were not human, or magical creatures like centaurs or goblins, or plants, or places.....that seemed to leave only the category of "things" or --as we'd been stating it-- "objects". I did look them up in the Lexicon, but did not find any info to affect this view of garden gnomes. It did say that Xeno Lovegood referred to their magical abilities, but we never actually saw any evidence of that.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #57

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Julia H. - Jan 25, 2009 11:42 am (#2140 of 2993)

1. Is he/she/it/the place/the animal magical? Yes.
2. Is he/she/it/whatever solid? Yes.
3. Can he/she/it be found in London? Yes.
4. Is it a person? Yes.
5. Is this person a male? In the actual story, yes.
6. Do we see this person in the first 3 books? Yes.
7. Do we see this magical male in PS/SS? Yes and no.
8. Is this magical male an adult? Typically, yes.
9. Do we see this person in the books in real time? Yes.
10. Does this magical male adult attend Hogwarts as a student during any of the first three books? No.
11. Does the Man work at the MOM? No, or at least I don't know about it.
12. Is this guy a baddie? It depends.
13. Is this Male at any time incapacitated so that he will carry out someone else’s will? It does not happen in the books.
14. Although this man is not a student is he a teacher? Not always and not necessarily.
15. Is it James Potter? No.
16. Is it Barty Couch JNR? No.
17. Is this person alive at the end of DH, not necessarily at the end of the epilogue? As this person appears in the books, no.
18. Do we ever see this person at Hogwarts? Yes.
19. Is this magical male adult who is sometimes a teacher Mr. Remus J. Lupin? No.
20. do we ever see this person in the form of a painting? Yes and no.
21. Does this person ever take a ride in Hermione's magic purse? No.
22. Does this magical male have a name? We may know this person by name but it is not a name that you are looking for.
23. Is this magical adult male a human, as opposed to some kind of magical creature? Yes, human, at least as the person appears in the books.
24. Should we be looking for something like a title or position (ie. headmaster, minister of magic), rather than a specific individual? Yes.
25. Am I the Heir of Slytherin? No.
26. A title...are you thinking of "Potions Master"? No. (What gave you this idea?)
27. Is my title Head Boy? No.
28. Do I exist in Muggle mythology? No.
29. Is this person at Hogwarts most of the time? In some cases yes, in some cases no, but being at Hogwarts does not come with the title (if you mean that).
30. Can more than one living person have this title at a time? Yes.
31. Is the person a member of the Order of the Phoenix? As this person appears in the actual story, yes.
32. Is this title Minister of Magic? No.
33. Is this title "Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry"? No.
34. Is this person a magical mischief maker? No.
35. Is this title "Secret Keeper"? Yes!!!

Congratulations, Orion, the next puzzle is yours!

OK, the puzzle is solved. I hope you don't mind that I decided to think of a person who is not a specific person. Several people can be Secret Keepers, in the books we have two (Dumbledore and Pettigrew). These two happen to be male (and human) but it does not mean a Secret Keeper always has to be male (or human, for that matter). I guess a Secret Keeper is typically an adult (not only in the actual story) but perhaps it is possible, in principle, to make an underage wizard or witch a Secret Keeper (we are not told). Dumbledore is at Hogwarts most of the time but Pettigrew is not. I had problems with questions like "do we see this person in PS?" or "do we ever see a portrait of this person?" because we do see Dumbledore in PS and we see his portrait, but in PS Dumbledore does not appear as a Secret Keeper (the concept is not introduced yet) and Dumbledore's portrait is not the portrait of the Secret Keeper but of the Headmaster. That's why I answered "yes and no" - we see a specific Secret Keeper but not "the Secret Keeper".

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #58

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Orion - Jan 27, 2009 2:08 pm (#2169 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 10:59 am

1. It is a thing or object? No.
2. Is it a person? No.
3. Is it Dark? Yes, some people think so.
4. Does it/he/she ever interact with Harry directly? Yes.
5. Do we see it/him/her in the first three books? Yes.
6. Is it magical? Yes.
7. Is it something that, pending discusion, could be called a creature? No.
8. Is it a place? No.
9. Is it an abstract concept? No and yes. No, it isn’t abstract, but very real. Yes, you could call it a concept.
10. Is it a spell or incantation of some sort? No.
11. Does carry it around with him all of the time, except maybe in the epilogue? Yes. (I guess you mean Harry. You do, don’t you?)
12. Does it appear in all seven books? No.
13. Is it Harry's scar? No.
14. Is it Voldemorts bit of soul that is stuck in Harry like a horcrux? No, but you’re close.
15. Is it Harry's hatred of Snape? (sorry its a bit out there-perhaps I should eat some dinner) No. No, it’s magical.
16. Is it Lily's blood? No.
17. Is it the protection that comes from Lily's sacrifice? No. You’re welcome, Tom!
18. Is it some kind of memory? No.
19. Ability to speak Parseltongue?

Yes, legolas, it's Parseltongue! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to your new question.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #59

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:55 pm

legolas returns - Jan 29, 2009 2:59 pm (#2220 of 2993)

1. Does the thing have the letter 'M' in it? Bit random your first question but yes there is an M in it somewhere.
2. Is the thing a person? Partly.
3. Is the person magical? The person refered to is magical.
4. Is this thing a centaur? The person is not a magical creature.
5. Is it a member of any humanoid being? (An alternative would be Mad-Eye, because he is only partly human and partly wood.) 100% homegrown Human! This does not contradict Q2 so don’t be confused.
6. Is it a group of humans? A group always suggests three or more people so the answer is no.
7. So this single individual with human genes, magical but only partly a person contains an M, which is a great help. Is he male? Yes, but in another way it is female.
8. Is the colour purple involved? The colour purple is not involved although I wish it was because it's my favourite colour.
Please note that you will not need to currently look up books to know the answer to this. Don't worry Azi you will know what I am talking about.
9. Is it a specific person with a name or is it an expression for a member of any sort of persons (Sorry. Partly persons.)? Both but the name is not the main item being identified.
10. Is it two people? Yes, two people are involved but one of them is the individual of importance with the item we are identifying.
11. Is it a title? No.
12. Is the item smaller than a postcard? If you placed the item on the postcard it would fit even though it is thicker than a postcard. If you flattened the item it would still fit on the postcard but it would be really messy *shudder* and you might want to be sick.
13. Do we see this at Hogwarts? Yes, but it’s seen in other places as well.
14. Do we see this in all seven books? Yes and also in the Epilogue in a different place.
15. Is the item a shop-bought item? It’s not something you can buy.
16. Is the item unique and inherited? It is certainly inherited.
17. Are the item and the person(s) always together? (As in we see this item always with the same person?) The item always comes with the person.
18. Is the item a part of the body? Yes, but identification of the body part is not the final answer.
19. Is the item green? Yes. A very nice shade of green by all accounts.
20. Has anyone, either a character or the narrator, mentioned whether this item has an odor? No, it’s not smelly.
21. Would be person(s) be on the good side? Yes.
22. Harry's green eyes or the green eyes inherited in the family??? Yes, the eyes are green and are Harry's eyes, they are inherited and in the family but that is not quite the final answer. So everyone tells him!
23. Is it the "look at me" moment? (Trying to find the M.) No but what was Snape doing? It has been mentioned in every book.
24. Legilimency? Snape looking into Harry's eyes and reading Harry's thoughts? No, I don't think Snape was doing Legilemency as he was dying.
25. Lily's eyes? Yes, you are correct. I was looking for Harry has his Mother's eyes.

Congratulations Me and my shadow. This is mentioned by everyone who knew Harry's parents.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #60

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:56 pm

me and my shadow 813 - Jan 31, 2009 1:35 pm (#2271 of 2993)

1. Am I human? No.
2. Is this an inanimate object? Yes it is.
3. Can it be found at Hogwarts? Yes, sometimes.
4. Is it a magical object? No.
5. Does it belong to Harry? No, it doesn’t.
6. Does this inanimate non-magical object belong to a student? No, it does not.
7. Does this inanimate non-magical object belong to an adult member of the OotP? No, it doesn’t.
8. Could you put this object in your pocket? Yes.
9. When this non-magical, inanimate object is at Hogwarts, is it always in the possession of one particular person? We only see it with one person, but it has technically been in two people’s possession in Hogwarts.
10. Does anyone wear this object? No.
11. Is the object a Dark object? No, it’s not Dark.
12. Is this object used for teaching? No.
13. Does it belong to Dumbledore? No, it does not.
14. Is this item a Deathly Hallow? No, it is not.
15. Do you store something within the object? Not exactly – the answer is both the object(s) and what they are stored within.
16. Is any part of the object made of paper? We see this object in two different settings, and the storage part changed. In both situations, the material make-up of said storage is not described, but could be paper-like. The contents within is not of paper at all and is the "real" answer here.
17. Is any part of this object edible? Yes.
18. Does the edible part of this object taste sweet? Yes.
19. Is it the hat adorned with a vulture that Snape got out of cracker and gave to DD? No.
20. Does the edible part of this object have anything to do with an orange or some other citrus fruit? No is the technical answer. Yes is the lenient (leniant?) answer.
21. Was this item seen in Honeydukes? Yes, it was.
22. Is it a lemon drop? No, it is not.
23. Is this object a piece of some sort of candy? ****y****e****s****
24. Non-magical candy ... Is it some of their home-made fudge? No, it is not.
25. Is it the crystallised Pineapple that Slughorn likes? YES!

Congratulations, legolas! The answer I had in mind is Sluggy's box/bag of crystallised pineapple. We see it in a box in Sluggy’s office and in a bag in Sluggy’s hand at Honeydukes.

· 9) It must have been in Tom’s possession within Hogwart’s before he presented it to Sluggy in “Sluggish Memory”.
· 10) I was soo tempted to say ‘well, Luna might like to make them into a necklace to wear with her radish earrings’!

Take it away, legolas……

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #61

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:58 pm

legolas returns - Feb 1, 2009 10:34 am (#2306 of 2993)

1. Is it a place? No, I am not a place.
2. Are you human? No, I am not Human.
3. Are you a Magical Creature? No.
4. Are you a spell or incantation? Yes.
5. Do we see this in the first three books? No.
6. Do we see Snape use this spell or incantation? No.
7. Is it Sectumsempra? No cuts and blood involved.
8. Is this a spell that would be used in dueling? We have not seen it used as such but I suppose it could be.
9. Is it a spell that is learned and used by the DA? No.
10. Does this spell use magic on things rather than beings? There is a castor of the spell and it affects someone but how the magic works inbetween casting and the end result is unknown.
11.Does the spell work on inanimate objects? No.
12. Do we know the incantation for the spell (if there is one)? No.
13. Do we see this spell being taught or used in a official Hogwarts class? No.
14. Is it one of the many spells Hermione suddenly knows in DH? No.
15. Is this spell associated with Dark Magic? No.
16. Do we ever see this spell performed by one or more of our Trio? No.
17. Is this spell performed more than once on the pages of the books? It is described "off camera" as having happend more than once e.g just after the event.
18. Do we ever see this spell used by an Order member? No, the members of the order are all grown-ups.
19. Do we hear of a Weasley using this spell? Yes.
20. Is it the Bat-Bogey hex? Yes .

Well done! Your turn now. My comment about grown-ups was just meaning that I would not expect a grown-up to cast such a spell.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #62

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Solitaire - Feb 1, 2009 3:15 pm (#2326 of 2993)

1. Am I human? No.
2. Is it an object? Yes.
3. Is the object used for non dark purposes rather than being a dark object? No.
4. Does it talk, cry, yell, moan or give out any other sound? No.
5. Is it magical? No.
6. Could you buy it at Borgin and Burke's? Gee, I don't know. I suppose it's possible.
7. Is it dark? No.
8. Is it a weapon of sorts? (Knife, dagger...) Yes.
9. Can it be worn? No.
10. Is it the knife Bellatrix uses to kill poor Dobby? Yes!!

(That was too easy, wasn't it? I wanted something that was not so obscure it would take 50 questions to guess and would allow another game today. I hate when they are only updated once or twice, especially on a weekend, when people can actually play!) Anyway ...

Congratulations, Mare! The next game is yours!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #63

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Mare - Feb 4, 2009 3:22 am (#2373 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 11:56 am

1. Am I human? No
2. Is it an object? Yes.
3. Is it magical. No
4. Do we see it at Hogwarts? No.
5. Do we see it somewhere in London? Yes.
6. Do we see it at 12GP? No
7. Do we see it at the Ministry of Magic? Yes
8. Do we see it in DH? No.
9. Is it part of the fabric of the MOM e.g Non removable? No
10. Does it belong to the Ministry of Magic or someone who works there? (As opposed to being brought there by someone else.) Good question, I guess technically it belongs to the MoM.
Hint: Although when we see it no MoM workers are present at all.

11. Is it a rare object? Pfff, hard questions: Yes and No. It is certainly not valuable but in a way also very unique. If I had to choose my answer would be No.
12. Does it play a role in Wizard Trials? No.
13. Is it found on MOM levels 1-4? No.
14. Is it found in the Department of Mysteries? No
15. Is it found in what could be called the reception area e.g the area with the fires (atrium)? No
Again; it is possible that the object is taken there, but it isn't mentioned there and we don't actually see it there.
16. Is it associated with a particular Ministry worker? No, although the object I'm thinking of is associated with a particular person. Also hint: Think moustache vs. Vernon’s moustache.
17. Does the object move? Not on it's own, No.
18. Is it small enough to fit in your pocket? Yes. (Which means it can be moved if you choose to carry it around...)
19. Is it made of paper? No.
20. Do we see it in Arthur's office? No.
21. Does it have something to do with Mr. Crouch? No, sorry.
22. Do we see it in more than one book? No
23. Do we see it in the Aurors Department? No.
24. Is it to do with the Department of Magical games? Only asking because Hassan Mustafa the referee at the World Cup had a Vernon Dudley like moustache. No, the moustache was a reference to an earlier discussion about looking for one particular item, even though there are more of that sort of item.
25. Do we see it in OOTP? YES!
26. Do we see it in HBP? No.
27. Is it an Educational Decree? No.
28. Do we see it during the battle at the Ministry at the end of OP? No.
29. Is it a token from the Muggle phone booth entrance for "visitor to the Ministry"? Yes, I think... Are you sure token is the word you are looking for, or are you thinking about the toilets? also I'm looking for a specific item. (But I'm not fussy anymore, it's time for someone else to get a turn at this game!)
30. Is it the little badges that the phone spits out. "Harry potter, Rescue Mission"? YES! Congratulations! I didn't think it would take that long. I really love the dry sense of humor that comes with that badge.

The problem with the badges is that it is never made clear if you are allowed to keep them (so is the MoM the owner, or is Harry?).
And with the badge Harry gets when he goes to the hearing we are told he pins it on, with the badges the rescue mission gets it isn't very obvious if they are left in the phone booth or put in a pocket, so it is also not clear if they ever get to one of the floors. Made the questions a bit harder to answer then anticipated...

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the answer and an accompanying message.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #64

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 pm

legolas returns - Feb 7, 2009 3:54 am (#2404 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 12:02 pm

I have changed the answer to Q3. I was not thinking logically to begin with.

1. Is it an object? Yes.
2. Is it magical? Yes.
3. Has it ever been at (in?) Hogwarts? Yes. I am 99% confident it has been.
4. Has Harry ever touched this object? Yes.
5. Is it a common object? Yes.
6. Is it found in all the books? No.
7. Is it used by both teachers and students? A similar object is.
8. Could you put it in your pocket? Yes.
9. Do we see it in more than one book?We see it in one book but we see other people with different examples of the same thing e.g every wizard owns robes (the answer is not Wizard Robes-I was just using that as an example to illustate what I mean)
10. Does it belong to a certain person? Yes
11. Are the books in which we see this magical object in direct sequence? (1,2,3 or 3,4,5,6, etc.)? See Q9. I have made my answer clearer. We see the actual object in one book and other people owning an item of the same type in the same book, a sequential book and a non sequential book.
12. Is it an object for fun and games? No, it's a functional item.
13. Is it something you wear? Yes, although it is slightly different in the Wizarding world. Its kept on your person in the wizarding world.
14. When Harry touches this particular item, does he do it somewhere other than at Hogwarts? Yes, he does not touch it at Hogwarts to our knowledge.
15. Does it belong to a student? Some students have them but Harry isn't a student when he has it.
16. Can you store something in it? No, it’s not a storage item.
17. Is it the watch Harry got for his 17th birthday?

Congratulations Swedish Short-Snout! Your turn now. I said that the watch was at Hogwarts because it would be in Harry's rucksack which went everywhere in Hermione's little bag. I am also assuming that Fabian had the watch if he called at Hogwarts.

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the winner's name, the answer, and an accompanying message.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #65

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Swedish Short-Snout - Feb 9, 2009 1:34 pm (#2439 of 2993)

1. Is it a person? Yes.
2. Is it magical? Yes.
3. Is it a place? No.
4. Do they wear purple robes? No.
5. Is the person an adult? No.
6. Is it someone who spends most of his/her year at Hogwarts? No.
7. Do they work for MoM? No.
8. Is this person a Teacher? No.
9. Does this person have a job at all? No.
10. Is this person in DH? No.
11. Has this person ever been a member of the OOP? No.
12. Is this person human? Yes.
13. Is this person a student of Hogwarts? No.
14. Is this person too young to attend Hogwarts? Yes.
15. Is this person male? Yes.
16. Is this person English? We don't know for sure.
17. Do we see this person in GOF? Yes.
18. Is this person in the first three books? No.
19. Do we ever see Harry in company with this person? Not really. Harry sees him but I wouldn't say we see them in company.
20. Do we see this person at the Quidditch World Cup campsite? Yes.
21. Is it the wee boy that expands the slug? His mum steps on it. Yes! It was Kevin, the little boy who enlarged a slug with his father's wand in GoF. Congratulations, legolas!

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #66

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:06 pm

legolas returns - Feb 12, 2009 12:58 pm (#2479 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm

1. Is it a person? No
2. Is it an object? Yes
3. Is it magical? Yes
4. Is it smaller than a postcard? Yes
5. Can you find it at Hogwarts? Sometimes
6. Is it one-of-a-kind? No, but the owner suggests it is not one-of-a-kind.
7. Is it owned by a student? Yes
8. Is it round? It's not impossible that it could be round but the description conjures up a different shape in your mind.
9. Does it belong to Neville? It does not belong to Neville.
10. Is it useful against the Dark Arts? No, it would be useless.
11. Does it belong to a Gryffindor? Yes
12. Is it multi-coloured? No, one bright colour is mentioned.
13. Is it a Weasley item or Zonko item or some other fun stuff? You could not cause mayhem and mischief with the item. I think most people would use the item for a fairly benign purpose. The owner does not use it for an evil purpose.
14. does it belong to Harry? No
15. Is it bought in Diagon Alley? Yes. That is where she bought it.
16. Has it an educational purpose? No.
17. Is it owned by a male? No.
I have edited the answer to Q14 to relect the sex of the owner of the object.
18. Is it owned by Hermione? Yes, it is Her Royal Swottiness.
19. Does she purchase it in PoA? No
20. Did she buy it from Flourish and Blotts? We don't know for certain where she purchases the item but if I had to guess I would say Yes.
21. Does it have anything to do with House Elves? No
As a hint concentrate on the answer to Q19.
22. Is any part of it made of paper? No, its made of one material.
23. Is it a revealer (pink rubber-like thing to reveal hidden writing)?

Congratulations! you are correct Azi. Your turn now.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #67

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:07 pm

azi - Feb 14, 2009 11:04 am (#2517 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 12:15 pm

1. Is it a person? Yes
2. Is the person magical? Yes
3. Are they a member of OotP? No
4. Do we ever see this person in London? No
5. Are they a Death Eater? We are never told.
6. Do they work in Hogwarts? No
7. Do they appear in more than one book? No
8. Is this person male? Yes
9. Does he appear at a chocolate frog card? I doubt it!
10. Is he an adult? Erm, yes when mentioned in context, but actually in the books, no. Clarification; this is because he is not alive!
11. Do we (and Harry) see this person in Dumbledore's Pensieve? No
12. Does this person turn up for real and do something in the book, as opposed to only being talked about or turn up in somebody's memory? No, he does not physically appear in the book.
13. Do we see this magical male in GoF? No
14. Does he appear one of the first three books? No
15. Is he alive during the period of the books? Erm, we're never specifically told but he is not alive when mentioned in the books.
16. Do we see him during the Quidditch World Cup? No we do not.
17. Do we see this person in Half-Blood Prince? Yes!
18. Is this person mentioned in the Daily Prophet? No
19. Do we see this person in a memory? No
20. Do we hear of this person from Horace Slughorn? Not from him, no, but he is there when the man is mentioned.
21. Is he helpful to Harry? Harry has never met him (and probably wouldn't want to!).
22. Do we see this person in the Quibbler? No
23. Is the person called Odo the Hero? Alas no! (Would be a very good idea for a future questions game though!)
24. Abraxas Malfoy?

Correct Me and My Shadow! Take it away!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #68

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:08 pm

me and my shadow 813 - Feb 15, 2009 11:42 am (#2554 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 12:20 pm

1. Is it a person? No
2. Is it an object? Yes
3. Is it magical? Yes and no… it mostly likely has been Charmed to be a magical object.
4. Can it move on its own? No and yes - it moves on its own only in certain circumstances.
5. Do we see it at Hogwarts? No
6. Do we see it in the home of the person to whom it belongs? Um… no and yes. LOL! It is not technically *in* a home and it does belong to someone (technically) but is not in this person’s possession, ever.
7. Can you put it in your pocket? Not unless you are Grawp wearing a jumper with pockets…
8. Is it the watch Molly and Arthur give to Harry for his 17th birthday? No, it is not.
9. Do we see it in the first three books? No, we do not.
10. Do we see this object in London? Nope, not in London.
11. Do we see it in the last book? Yes, we do.
12. Does Harry come into contact with this object? Yes, he does.
13. Is it a broom? No, it is not.
14. Do we see it in a garden? No – but garden-like terms are used in the description.
15. Is it in the possession of a Weasley? No
16. Is it Sirius’ motorbike? No
17. Does Harry own the object? No – but you could say it belongs to Harry!
18. Is this item one of the three Hallows? No, it is not.
19. Does the trio carry it around with them? No – but two of the three see it together
20. Is it rare? It is one-of-a-kind!

21. Is it dangerous? Not in the least.
22. Is it old? It is nearly as old as Harry, but not quite.
23. Is it the memorial sign outside the Potters cottage in Godric's Hollow?

That's right, Mare! Congratulations!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #69

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Mare - Feb 17, 2009 1:06 pm (#2600 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 12:27 pm

1. Is it magical? No, not on it's own, but it is enchanted.
2. Is it an object? Yes.
3. Do we see it in more than one book? No.
4. Is it small enough to fit into a normal-sized pocket (as opposed to one of Hagrid's)? No.
5. Do we see it primarily in the muggle world, as opposed to the magical world? No.
6. Is it bigger than the average grown up human? No.
7. Do we see it in DH? No.
8. Is it in the personal possession of an individual we know by name? No... although there might be one person who would disagree with me on that.
9. Do we see it in the home of a Witch or Wizard? No.
10. Does someone desire this object and hunt it? Yes, but not to own it.
11. Is it made of paper? No.
12. Is it a Horcrux? No.
13. Does something spectacular happen when you touch it? Not when you touch it...
14. Does something spectacular happen when you use it? Eh... no and yes. something might happen but not when you use it as such. But you could do something else...
15. Is there any link to Quidditch? No.
16. Is it a Weasley object? Noooo.
17. It’s not something whacky that the Lovegoods would be interested in? No,
18. Could this object fit inside the average backpack? No.
19. Do we ever see it used at Hogwarts? O dear, Soli goes for the hard to answer questions... so No you can't use it because it doesn't work anymore but looking at it from another point of view you could say: Yes, we see it being used at Hogwarts. (To understand this better see question one).
20. Do we see it in one of the first three books? Yes.
21. Does Harry ever make use of this object? Yes. (for the long version see question 19)
22. Is it in pieces? No.
23. Does it have anything to do with the Chamber of Secrets? YES
24. Is it a magical tap? No, the tap is not magical.
Additional note by legolas returns: By the magical tap I meant the one that was engraved and opened up when told to open in Parseltongue.
25. Is it a piece of furniture? Yes, I think? (depends on your definition of furniture??)

In that case we have a winner ::"""'''';;; < I was never really good in making abbyfetti. (I thought you were maybe thinking about the taps in the prefects’ bathroom.)

The complete answer was: The sink that is the secret entrance to the Chamber of Secrets!
The tap is broken, so you can't use it. But if you hiss and sliss to it, you can use it as a doorway to dark and dreary tunnels...

Legolas: Take it away!

Edited to insert the full list of questions asked, with their answers, into the final post of this game, which originally included just the winner's name, the answer, and an accompanying message.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #70

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:12 pm

legolas returns - Feb 21, 2009 2:05 am (#2637 of 2993)

1. Is it an object? Yes
2. Is it magical? Yes
3. Does it belong to a student of Hogwarts? Yes
4. Does Harry use or interact with it directly? Yes
5. Do we see it in one of the first three books? No
6. Does it belong to a Gryffindor? Yes
7. Is it something a student uses in/for a class? No
8. Do we see it in HBP? Yes
9. Is it something that can easily be carried around with you? Yes
10. Is it important to the plot? Yes, in it's way.
11. Does it belong to Harry? Yes
12. Has it been given to Harry as a present? Given from one person to another-Yes
13. Was it given to Harry by an adult? Yes
14. do we also see it in OoP? Yes
15. Is it edible? I would not recommend eating it-no.
16. Is this a present (?) that Harry likes when it is given to him? He pays it no mind.
17. Did someone from the Weasley family give it to Harry? No
18. Does Harry use this item in DH, as well? Yes
19. Is this item useful for defense? No but it came to the rescue.
20. Does Harry use this item at Hogwarts? Yes but it's not the only place.
21. Did Harry receive this gift in OotP? Yes
22. Is it the communication mirror given to him by Sirius? Yes

Congratulations Solitaire you are correct. Your turn now.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #71

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Solitaire - Feb 28, 2009 8:13 am (#2683 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 1:29 pm

1. Is it a person? No.
2. Is it an object? Yes I think you would call it a kind of object.
3. Does it move on its own? No.
4. Is it magical? Yes.
5. Is it liquid? No.
6. Is it owned by a student? Not that we have seen.
7. Is this a kind of object used by any Death Eater? Not that we have seen, but I suppose it could be.
8. Do we see it in more than one book? Yes.
9. Do we see it in the first three books? Yes.
10. Do we see it at Hogwarts? Yes.
11. Is it property of someone or does it simply stand around for everybody? It's not one-of-a-kind, if that helps.
12. Could you put it in your pocket? Absolutely!
13. Is it edible? **coughing and choking** Um, no, I wouldn't eat it!
14. Do the Hogwarts teachers use or simply own it? We have seen it used by teachers.
15. Is it used for educational purposes? No.
16. Has it something to do with Quidditch? Alas, no.
17. Is it a kind of material rather than an object? Like dragon dung or something? Well, it isn't dragon dung, but yes, you are on the right track.
18. Is it whacky e.g something Luna owns? No.
19. Is it something that is normally consumed in use (like a piece of chalk, for example)? Yes.
20. Do you need it in the hospital ward? No.
21. Do kids like it when a teacher uses it? I do not think they would care one way or another.
22. Do we see it used places other than Hogwarts? Yes.
23. Do we see it in PS? No.
24. Is it an animal product, like those beetle eyes in PS? No.
25. Is it used for transportation? Yes.

I think someone knows it!

26. Floo Powder? Yes!

Congratulations, Shadow! The next game is yours! [/b]

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #72

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:16 pm

me and my shadow 813 - Feb 28, 2009 2:48 pm (#2714 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 1:34 pm

1. Is it magical? No.
2. Is it a thing? No.
3. Is it a person? Yes.
4. Is it a Squib? No.
5. Is it a muggle? Yes.
6. Is it one of Harry’s relatives? No.
7. Is it a friend of Dudley? No.
8. Is it an associate of Mr Dursley? No.
9. Do we see this Muggle in real time in the books? No.
10. Is it someone that Dudley beats up? No.
11. Is it someone we see at the zoo? No.
12. Is it a Teacher at Primary School? No.
13. Is it Tobias Snape? No.
14. Is it someone from Little or Great Hangleton? Yes.
15. Mr Prentice? No, it is not.
16. Is it someone Voldemort kills? No.
17. The servant that found the Riddles dead? No, it is not.
18. Is it a male character? No.
19. Is it Cecily? (i.e., Tom Riddle Sr.'s love.)

Congratulations, Julia! Cecilia, darling... had she only given her man a traveler's flask of water... he wouldn't have stopped at "that "hovel" for a drink and this whole debacle could have been avoided...

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #73

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:17 pm

Julia H. - Mar 2, 2009 12:56 pm (#2752 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 1:51 pm

1. Is it something/someone/someplace magical? Yes.
2. Is it an object? Yes.
3. Is it a person? No.
4. Is it a place? No.
5. Is it one of a kind? Yes. There are others like this, but the one I am thinking of is in some way unique (in the books at least).
6. Does it belong to a specific person? Yes.
7. Does it belong to a Gryffindor? No.
8. Does it belong to a student? Yes.
9. Does it belong to Harry? No.
10. Does it belong to a Slytherin? No.
11. Does it belong to Luna? No.
12. Is this student a member of the D.A.? No.
13. Can the student put this thing in his/her pocket? Yes.
14. Is the student a student at Hogwarts? No.
15. Is the student a Triwizard contestant? Yes.
16. Is the student Fleur Delacour? Yes.
17. Is it her wand containing Veela Hair? Not quite but...
18. The model of the Welsh Green Dragon? No.
19. Is it the flowers that Ollivander makes sprout out the end of the wand when checking them over prior to the first task in GOF? No.
Legolas, please, look at #17 again, the answer is in that sentence but not the way you said it.

20. Her wand with "An 'air from ze 'ead of a Veela,", "One of my Grandmuzzer's" 9 1/2 inches of inflexible Rosewood?

Legolas, your guesses are so close to the answer that I've decided to hand the puzzle baton to you. The answer is the Veela hair (not the wand itself).

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #74

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:18 pm

legolas returns - Mar 3, 2009 2:05 pm (#2784 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 1:56 pm

I opened a book at random and chose the first thing I saw on the page.

1. Is it a living being? It’s not a being.
2. Is it magical? No.
3. Is it an object? Yes.
4. Does it belong to a particular person? Yes. For a short time
5. Do we find it in London? [b]Near London and possibly passes through London with the Owner.

6. Does the owner get it as a present? No.
7. So is it carried around on a person? Yes.
8. Is it an article of clothing? No.
9. Is it carried around by a particular person? As opposed to something that lots of people carry around. There is only one person listed in the book as having this item. It’s a common enough item though.
10. Does it ever pass through Harry's hands? No.
11. Did you open one of the first three books? Yes.
12. Is this person Hagrid? Not Hagrid's style. No.
13. Do we see an Order member in possession of it? Yes.
14. Is the owner a muggle? Not in this instance, the owner is a magical person.
15. Is it a small object you can put in your pocket? Yes.
16. Is it the map McGonagall/cat animagus is reading in PS/SS? No.
17. Is it made of paper or partly made of paper? No. It may have a protective cover of material of unknown kind but the item of interest is not made of paper.
18. Is it something the twins use? No, I don't know if they would have come across it/them.
19. Is it a Sherbet Lemon?

You are correct Dryleaves.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #75

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Dryleaves - Mar 4, 2009 2:18 pm (#2805 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 2:01 pm

1. Is it an object? Yes.
2. Is it magical? Yes.
3. Does Harry ever touch this object? Yes.
4. Do we see it in more than one book? No.
5. Is it of one piece (like a slab of stone) or constructed of components (like one of Dumbledore's instruments)? I believe it is one piece.
6. Is it an object for magical mischief making? No.
7. Is it a natural or man-made object? Both.
8. Does it belong to a particular wizard or witch? Yes.
9. Would you want one? Not me personally, but others might want one.
10. Is the witch or wizard it belongs to a student? No.
11. Does the owner buy it in the book? No.
12. Is the owner female? Yes.
13. Does it belong to an Order member? No.
14. Is it the blood quill that Dolores Umbridge requires Harry to use in OotP? Yes!

Congratulations, Freshwater! Now it's your turn to think of something.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #76

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:20 pm

freshwater - Mar 8, 2009 7:03 am (#2846 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 2:04 pm

1. Is it a person? No.
2. Is it magical? Yes....I believe so.
3. Is it in more than one book? No.
4. Is it seen in real time? Yes.
5. Is it connected to the Order? No.
6. Is it an object? Yes.
7. Does it belong to a student from Hogwarts? Yes.
8. Is it in one of the first three books? No.
9. Is it in GoF? No.
10. Does it belong to a Gryffindor? Yes.
11. Does it belong to a Death Nibbler? No....but thanks for the reminder of our late forum friend, Timrew...gone on to the next great adventure.
12. Could you put it in your pocket? Yes.
13. Does it belong to somebody in Harry's dorm? Yes, when we first see it.
14. Is it used in the fight against the Dark Side? Well...it was in use while its owner was fighting the Dark Side, but it is not used specifically in any way against Dark forces.
15. Is it in HBP? No.
16. Does it belong to one of the Weasleys? Yes, for a while....
17. Is this Weasley, Ron? No.
18. Is it the Deluminator? No.
19. Is it a toy? No.
20. It is in OotP? No.
21. Is by any chance a living thing, like a pet or a plant? No, not alive.
22. Does it belong to Neville? No.
23. Is it a Potter Stinks badge (from time when Ron and Harry were not talking)? No.
24. Does it belong to Ginny? Uhm...no...Ginny does not live in Harry's dorm....at least, not in canon!
25. Does it belong to Harry? Yes!
26. Is it the map? No....that would definitely be magical, wouldn't it?
27. Do they have it with them when they are camping all over the country? Hmmmm...I don't think we see it specifically, but there is no intimation that Harry left if behind in a safe place....so, yes, it must have been with the trio while camping.

HINT: knowing which Weasley had owned it would be a huge hint!

28. Is it the watch Harry receives from the Weasleys for his 17th birthday?

Yes, Julia, you've got it! I was thinking of Fabian Prewett's watch that Molly Weasley gave to Harry for his 17th birthday in DH.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #77

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Julia H. - Mar 13, 2009 3:44 pm (#2920 of 2993)
Edited by Potteraholic Aug 24, 2009 2:19 pm

1. Is it a person? No.
2. Is it an object? No.
3. Is it a spell? No.
4. Is it a place? No.
5. Is it magical? I would say yes. (Others might say no.)
6. Is it a magical creature? No.
7. Is it an abstract concept? Yes.
8. Is it studied at the MOM? No, or at least I don't know about it.
9. Is it something like apparition? No, it is not a form of magic. It is "magical" only as a concept in the wizarding world.
10. Is it the concept of Legilimency? No.
11. Is it Prophecy? No.
12. Is it the idea that the wand chooses the wizard and that mastery of a wand can be transferred from one wizard to another? No.
13. Does this magical concept feature in all seven books? Yes.
14. Is this magical concept utilized by Harry at any point? Yes, in a way.
15. Given the discussion on one of the other threads ... is it love? No.
16. Is this concept ever discussed in a school subject at Hogwarts? Not in but in connection with a school subject.
17. Does this magical concept have anything to do with a sense of superiority over others? No.
18. Is it used in connection with Divination? No...
19. Does it also exist in the Muggle world? No, and that is one of the reasons why I classified it as a "magical" concept.
20. Is it magic itself? No.
21. Its not something like always trying to fight against Dark Magic to prevent it taking over? No, it is not quite as abstract as that. It is a concept specifically mentioned and discussed in the books.
22. is it invisibility? No.
23. Has one of the Professors ever discussed this particular concept in his or her class? Broadly speaking, yes.
24. Is the concept especially connected with a certain person? With several persons. Hm... perhaps more with some of them than with the others...
25. Is the concept featured in a school book? No.
26. (After reading your answer to question 16) Is it used in connection with the Potions class? No...
27. In connection with DADA? Yes!
28. Is there a simple one-word-expression for this concept? No.
29. Is it a normal muggle word or is the term only used in the magical community? (i.e. did Rowling make it up?) This term does not exist in the Muggle world but similar terms do. The words in it were not invented by Rowling.
30. Are there more than 3 words used to name this concept that has a connection with DADA? Yes, when we pronounce the full name of the concept.
(Hint!)
31. Is it "Constant Vigilance"? No, unfortunately.
32. It isn't perhaps "The wand chooses the wizard"? No. It is more closely connected with DADA.
33. How about the Curse that failed? No. It is more closely connected with DADA.
34. How about the Unforgivable Curses-AK, Cruciatus and Imperious? No. It is not part of what is normally taught in DADA-classes.
35. Is it (also?) discussed in transfiguration? No, not in Transfiguration, at least I don't think so. (The concept is discussed quite a few times in the books, not only in classes, but I don't think it is mentioned in Transfiguration.)
36. It is the Patronus charm? No, it is not a form of magic.
37. Is it Dark Magic? No, it is not a form of magic.
38. Does it have something to do with lycantrophy? No, not directly, but indirectly yes: On the one hand, the concept is strongly related to DADA, which has something to do with lycantrophy, and, on the other hand, the concept is also related to a certain person who "has something to do" with lycantrophy.
39. Has it something to do with blood status? No.
40. Is it Remus Lupin as a Werewolf? No.
41. Does it have something to do with an ethical concept, like for example "to do what's right, not what's easy"? (Not necessarily that one, just as an example.) No.

Hint: It has everything to do with the DADA subject and with Hogwarts.

42. Production of the Wolfsbane potion? No.
43. Is it the idea of Defense Against the Dark Arts?
44. When it is pronounced in full, is it more than six words?
45. Is it the prejudice/rivalries among various magical creatures (werewolves, goblins, wizards, centaurs, house elves, etc.)?
46. Is it that no one lasts at the DADA teaching position 'cause it's cursed?

OK. I declare MAMS the winner. The concept I was thinking of was the DADA teaching position (the job) itself, but you all were absolutely determined to guess much more interesting concepts and since MAMS actually mentioned the DADA teaching position in her guess, I take the opportunity to end this puzzle so you can start a new one. Congratulations, MAMS, and everyone for all those wonderful guesses!

(BTW, the DADA job was discussed by Dumbledore in one of his "classes" with Harry, and it was also discussed briefly in a Potions class between Snape and Umbridge. I said Harry utilized the concept "in some way" because he took over the tasks going with the position (if not the position itself) in OotP.)

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions, Set #2, Game #78

Post  Potteraholic Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:23 pm

me and my shadow 813 - Mar 15, 2009 10:25 am (#2977 of 2993)

Forget if I'm supposed to do a summary...

1. Is it an object? Yes.
2. Is it magical? The short answer is Yes. The long answer is there’s a possibility it was merely an object containing something magical.
The potion is definitely magic; the basin possibly a regular object.
3. Is it related to Dark Magic? Yup.
4. Does this object appear in more than one book? We see it in one book and it is referred to in a second book.
It appears in HBP; Kreacher recounts his story in DH.
5. Is the object a common one...such as a quill, cauldron or locket? Yes, I’d say it is not an exotic object.
This was a tough one as it was said to resemble the Pensieve which I would consider “exotic” yet there were no runic markings, etc., mentioned so I figured it was just a stone basin.
6. Has Harry been in direct contact with it? Yes.
7. Is it made of paper? No.
8. Does it belong to a student? No.
9. Is it a Horcrux? No.
10. Is it made of wood? No.
11. Was it sold by Borgin and Burkes? No.
12. Does it belong to a Hogwarts professor? No.
13. Do we see this object in the first 3 books? No.
14. Do we see this object in the last 2 books? Yes.
15. Could you put it in your pocket? No, but Grawp could (and possibly Hagrid if he is indeed twice as tall as a man and five times as wide).
16. Does this object cause harm to anyone? Yes.
17. Does the object belong to a member of the Order? No.
18. Do we see it in the possession of a DE? No is the short answer. The long answer is it is not in the possession of anyone and we never “see” it with a DE... We only hear of Regulus’s experience at the Cave, we never “see” it.
19. Can we find this object in someone's home? No.
20. Does it harm a student? No.
21. Does it harm a member of the Order? Yes.
22. Is this object deadly, as opposed to simply harmful? No…
Technically the Inferi are what kill.
23. Do we see this object in the Cave? Yes.
24. Does object hang around in 12 GP? No.
25. Is it the little boat that takes them over to the center? No.
26. Is it the potion that DD drinks? Um…
27. Is it the stone basin holding the potion? YES!

Okay, I think the rest are self explanatory...

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of 20 Questions - Page 4 Empty Re: Archive of 20 Questions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next