JK Rowling Official Site Vol. 4 (1 Nov 2007 - 24 Aug 2009)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 111 to 120)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Elanor - Nov 4, 2007 7:54 am (#111 of 421)

Thanks Zelmia! I have to admit, I laughed at "Cuthbert" too and even more when I finally found out why "Cuthbert" did seem familiar: Jo once used the name Cuthbert in GoF, for a Cuthbert Mockridge, who was the Head of the Goblin Liaison Office (it had been mentioned on the trivia thread some times ago).

LOL Luna, I did think of Enid Blyton too! Could Snape be seen as the 5th Marauder? We would then have the "Famous Five"...

Mrs. Sirius - Nov 4, 2007 10:38 am (#112 of 421)
Edited by Denise P. Nov 4, 2007 9:44 am

Loopy, while i agree we should do nothing to harm either Steve nor JKR,and I find this thing really embarrassing for both parties. However I am very leery of censorship. Even self imposed censorship.

I am very respectful of this site, it's philosophy and sensitivity to keep it accessible to fans of all ages.

To have an all out ban on discussion of current events will in the long run, not serve us well (IMH non-lawyer O).

Edit: I edited out information that was not related to the discussion. As it is, this thread is seriously off topic. This is not a current events discussion thread, it is a thread to discuss JKR's web site. Please make an effort to get it back on topic. Thanks. Denise P.

Good Evans - Nov 4, 2007 12:55 pm (#113 of 421)

where exactly do I peel the wallpaper from after turning out the light? I can't manage to get this one to work .. help please

Anna L. Black - Nov 4, 2007 1:18 pm (#114 of 421)

In white: Just above the upper right corner of the light switch. If you look really colse, you'll see the corner of the wall paper, as if somebody cut a bit of it.

Good Evans - Nov 4, 2007 1:40 pm (#115 of 421)

Thanks Anna, I have just found it - it took me ages! still I have the scrap book item now - hoorah!

Anna L. Black - Nov 4, 2007 1:44 pm (#116 of 421)

Unfortunately, I don't have it yet The lacewing fly just doesn't come at all... Can someone maybe take a picture of the place where it's supposed to be, maybe I'm missing something?

PeskyPixie - Nov 4, 2007 1:45 pm (#117 of 421)

I just don't have the patience for these little 'treats'! I'll enjoy reading about everything the rest of you uncover.

Good Evans - Nov 4, 2007 2:18 pm (#118 of 421)

it is like a crane fly and comes straight on to the cup, honestly you can't miss it, I had to try the site a few times before I could see it though, a bit like peeves, sometimes ages, sometimes mere minutes!!

good luck Anna

Catherine - Nov 4, 2007 4:32 pm (#119 of 421)
Edited by Denise P. Nov 4, 2007 3:51 pm

So, how is everyone coming with the Hallowe'en eggs? --Loopy Lupin

Lovin' it. Thanks for asking! Thanks to JKR for the treats....

Edit: I just closed the italics tag for you

PeskyPixie - Nov 4, 2007 4:38 pm (#120 of 421)

Question from the one too impatient to go hunting for the 'treats': Is Cuthbert Binns's first name or was he originally supposed to be called Prof. Cuthbert?
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

http://HPLF-work.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 121 to 130)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Liz Mann - Nov 4, 2007 5:29 pm (#121 of 421)

It's his first name.

PeskyPixie - Nov 4, 2007 5:35 pm (#122 of 421)

Ha! Cuthbert Binns. That's perfect.

What's all this I've been hearing about Enid Pettigrew (or something like that)?

shepherdess - Nov 4, 2007 6:13 pm (#123 of 421)

PeskyPixie, check out Mare's post #96. If you click on her links there, one of them will show you a page of notes in JKR's handwriting on which she has some information on a possible character named Enid Pettigrew. You can find this post easily by doing a search for "Mare" within this discussion.

PeskyPixie - Nov 4, 2007 6:19 pm (#124 of 421)

Thanks! I think Enid Pettigrew might just be a Mark Evans. (The name Enid however reminds me of the dorky best friend in the 'Sweet Valley High' series that was popular when I was a kid)

James Greenfield - Nov 4, 2007 7:47 pm (#125 of 421)

Re: what we're not supposed to keep on talking about

I withdraw my previous suggestion. It appears it would NOT be helpful.

Sorry.

journeymom - Nov 4, 2007 8:49 pm (#126 of 421)

James, do not apologize! I, at least, appreciated it and thought sincerely about joining.

Herm oh ninny - Nov 4, 2007 9:44 pm (#127 of 421)

I have a question about the easter eggs- I had to get all of the eggs over again because I re-formatted my computer. However, I cannot get the the egg where you draw a lightning bolt on the pad in the extras section. It let me draw the question mark, but not the bolt. Am I doing something wrong, or has the bolt been disabled in order to draw the question mark?

zelmia - Nov 4, 2007 10:01 pm (#128 of 421)

That's probably the case, Hermohninny. Try using the time turner and see if it will let you draw the lightening bolt on an earlier date from when the current "eggs" went up.

jo bot - Nov 4, 2007 10:29 pm (#129 of 421)

Has anyone else had problems with the RoR door not opening on theae certain dates:

31/10/04, 20/12/04, 31/03/06, 12/21/06, 13/06/07

The rest I can access.

I have tried a couple of different times on different days, to minimize high traffic times and all of that stuff, but to no avail.

Hieronymus Graubart - Nov 5, 2007 12:34 am (#130 of 421)

jo bot, at these dates the puzzle is not (or not totally) behind the door. You have to do something before you can open it. Try to click interesting points or wait for Peeves. You may find detailed instructions in The Lexicon.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 131 to 140)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Mare - Nov 5, 2007 4:28 am (#131 of 421)

Herm oh Ninny, I had the same problem with the bolt, I didn't time turner anything, but got the new question mark goodie first (after getting the clue from the sneakoscope) And then went to the links section (via the glasses) and waited for peeves to come by and show me my lightning bolt. I then went to draw it and it worked again!

Victoire Weasley - Nov 5, 2007 9:47 am (#132 of 421)

OOh, I'm so excited about the new eggs. But I can't get that Lacewing Fly to appear. Are we sure it's not a Pesky Pixie...? Smile

EDIT: note to self: remember to look up how to do those smiley faces.

Madam Pince - Nov 5, 2007 4:56 pm (#133 of 421)

Yes, James, don't apologize! It was a nice thought, anyway. You have a future in the Magical - Muggle Liaison Office.

I don't think we've been told by a host not to discuss the JKR / Lex case, have we? Just as long as it's related to stuff posted on JKR's website, this would seem to be the proper thread... but maybe I missed something...

I never knew that that fly buzzing around her site was supposed to be a Lacewing fly. Silly muggle me...

John Bumbledore - Nov 6, 2007 6:49 am (#134 of 421)

I never knew that that fly buzzing around her site was supposed to be a Lacewing fly. — Madam Pince

Well, the "old" house fly is still a house fly but a "new" Lacewing fly has been added in the room with the fan site awards. (follow the eye glasses, yes?) [Edit: No, the paper clamp is thet port key to the fan sites.]

John Bumbledore <)B^D≈

journeymom - Nov 6, 2007 3:05 pm (#135 of 421)

I finally got the little egg! Geez, it took Peeves forever to visit my computer!

Chemyst - Nov 7, 2007 8:18 am (#136 of 421)

Geez, it took Peeves forever to visit my computer!
~ Then it would seem he is aptly named.

Phelim Mcintyre - Nov 8, 2007 8:12 am (#137 of 421)
Edited by Denise P. Nov 8, 2007 7:57 am

I posted a link here which has vanished. There is no mention that it has been deleated. Where did it go?

Denise P. - Nov 8, 2007 8:59 am (#138 of 421)

Phelim, if you go to Denise P., "** What Happened to My Post?" #141, 8 Nov 2007 5:37 am , you will see that I deleted it and the reason for the deletion.

I also edited your above post for the same reason. This thread is to discuss JK Rowling's Official Site. Please try to stay on topic.

John Bumbledore - Nov 9, 2007 12:45 pm (#139 of 421)

Where did it go? — Phelim

Invokes my inquiring mind, but I'll stifle it now.

As for "I can't get that Lacewing Fly to appear—Victoire Weasley" I tried the Jo's dot-com site and never saw the Lacewing Fly. But when I use the dot-co-dot-uk domain it does appear. Victoire, which top level domain are you using when you visit Jo's site?

John Bumbledore <)B^D≈

Victoire Weasley - Nov 9, 2007 12:51 pm (#140 of 421)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the web address that I use. Should I try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 141 to 150)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:49 pm

jose043 - Nov 9, 2007 11:56 pm (#141 of 421)

Hi All

JK Rowling has the Don't Disturb sign back up on her door for the last 3 days.

Josephine & Anne

Little Werewolves of London

Winky Woo - Nov 10, 2007 11:11 am (#142 of 421)

Hi

There is another update on the situation on her site

Winky x

Victoire Weasley - Nov 10, 2007 12:27 pm (#143 of 421)

I saw that too Winky. You can tell she's not happy about the situation.

Madam Pince - Nov 10, 2007 3:53 pm (#144 of 421)

Hmmmm. An article I read elsewhere made it sound as though RDR Publishing decided to step back voluntarily and wait for the judge's decision, while this announcement on JKR's site makes it sound as though some legal process compelled them to do so. Of course, RDR may have seen the writing on the wall and be attempting to look better by stepping back first or something. JKR's site announcement sounds a bit "I told you so" to me, which of course it should, I suppose. And it also sounds a bit like a parent chastising a naughty child -- "I'm very disappointed in you" kind of thing. Sigh...

PeskyPixie - Nov 10, 2007 4:04 pm (#145 of 421)

But I thought they were 'mom' and 'dad' and we were the 'kids'.

Madam Pince - Nov 10, 2007 4:05 pm (#146 of 421)

Mom and Dad do plenty of chastising each other, too, believe me!

Luna Logic - Nov 11, 2007 12:10 am (#147 of 421)

Dad answers to Mom on the Lexicon "What's new", and asks Mom to sit at a table together. Sight, it will not happen (signed : a child of the HP-fandom universe).

Hieronymus Graubart - Nov 11, 2007 6:56 am (#148 of 421)

This egg and Lacewing Fly potion is mysterious.

At work (Netscape browser) I got the egg and the Lacewing Fly within some minutes.

At home (Firefox browser) I also got the Lacewing Fly very fast, but the egg never appears.

Is this a browser problem? Did any of you first get the Lacewing Fly and then get the egg?

Eponine - Nov 11, 2007 7:23 am (#149 of 421)

I can't really see the mom and dad analogy. Jo is definitely like the mom, but calling Steve the dad is giving him a lot more credit and responsibility in this situation. It implies that they've been partners, working together all this time, and I simply can't see that. Jo is the sole person responsible for HP. Others might have given their time and effort over the years, but that doesn't put them anywhere near the same category as Jo.

Hieronymus, I can't ever get her site to work in Firefox, so I always use IE. I had to wait quite a while for Peeves to show up and knock the cup over. If it's something I have to wait for, I just open a new window and do something else, so I'm not staring at her desk for several minutes.

Liz Mann - Nov 11, 2007 7:28 am (#150 of 421)

I didn't see Steve's comments on the Lexicon before. Having read his side of the story I don't blame him in the slightest. Nor do I blame J.K. I am fully convinced now that this whole situation has gotten far worse than it should have.

I still don't understand why Steve and J.K. can't talk about it, especially since Steve appears to want to. Is there a specific legal reason?
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 151 to 160)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:50 pm

Catherine - Nov 11, 2007 7:38 am (#151 of 421)

I think Loopy Lupin (a practicing attorney who has no connection with the case) explained the possibilities here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .

I think it is probably better to say too little than too much at this point.

Mrs. Sirius - Nov 11, 2007 9:18 am (#152 of 421)

Mom and step-dad of grown-up children.

Sorry had to say it, it's a very funny picture in my head. Delete if you must I understand.

Madam Pince - Nov 11, 2007 9:30 am (#153 of 421)

Eponine, I think the mom-dad analogy popped up as a reference to how children may sometimes feel about mom & dad when a divorce is taking place. Hope that helps clear things up for you.

Liz Mann and Luna Logic, thank you for the heads-up about the info on the Lexicon. I had not seen nor used that area of the Lexicon before, either.

PeskyPixie - Nov 11, 2007 9:33 am (#154 of 421)

Yes, the 'mom & dad' analogy is just a joke, an attempt to be lighthearted. If taken too seriously it won't make much sense.

***snickers at 'mom and step-dad of grown-up children.'***

Madam Pince - Nov 11, 2007 10:39 am (#155 of 421)

Doing the Halloween eggs, I can pick up the pen to draw the question mark, but drawing does nothing. If I try to right-click, hold, and draw (natural tendency), the pen goes back onto the string. If I don't click, nothing seems to happen. I am supposed to be drawing on the larger, brighter piece of blank paper, right? There's a smaller, darker piece of blank paper below and to the left of the larger one...

Edit: Never mind... (I swear I did it on both papers and it didn't work until I gave up and posted the question here... maybe it's just the posting that makes it work.) So you draw on the smaller darker paper instead, and you do "click-and-drag" to draw...

Lacewing fly (looks like a mosquito to me, LOL!) appeared, I clicked on it, and it flew away without anything happening. And nothing appeared. And the fly hasn't come back. Sigh....

Are we supposed to "dump" the egg and the lacewing fly leg into a cauldron somewhere? I couldn't find one...

Edit: OK, I backed all the way out and re-entered the site, and now it's working for me. I had to click on the exact center of the fly, rather than its leg like I'd thought earlier.

OK, so never mind...

Soul Search - Nov 11, 2007 11:39 am (#156 of 421)

I only visit the "Text Only" version of JKR's website. Nothing new, except I noticed the "Wizard of the Month Archive" section. Might be new, I can't recall seeing it before. It starts with Harry, so it hasn't been there for too long.

Some entries are amusing:

Hambledon Quince -- Author of controversial theory that wizards originate from Mars, Muggles from mushrooms.

Gondoline Oliphant (???) - Famous for studies of life and habits of trolls. Clubbed to death in the Cotswolds while sketching.

Derwent Shimpling -- Ate an entire Venomous Tentacula for a bet and survived, though is still purple.

This one helps a discussion of long ago. Exactly what is a "warlock," rather than a witch or wizard. Seems a witch can also be a "warlock."

Elfrida Clagg -- Chieftainess of Warlock’s Council

Tazzygirl - Nov 13, 2007 8:55 pm (#157 of 421)

Madam P: Here is a tip-Pick up the pen and draw a question mark in the small paper (where the lightning bolt drawing goes). It should work for you then.

I am currently waiting to see the lacewing fly thing. I think I saw it a while ago, but didn't think anything of it. lol

Oh- has anyone ever had the cell phone ring? It just happened to me, I 'answered' it, and you hear a woman's voice saying "Hello? Anyone there?" and then hanging up. Kind of neat.

Madam Pince - Nov 14, 2007 6:20 am (#158 of 421)

The cell phone thing has been there for awhile, Tazzy. I think it's maybe supposed to be JKR's voice or something? It doesn't do anything other than what it did for you, I don't think. (Despite many mad button-pushings I did trying to get her to talk more ... along with *logically* yelling at my computer screen "Yes, yes! I'm here! Tell me if Snape was there that night!" )

Thanks for the tip! I got it finally. I couldn't remember where we drew the lightning bolt, so I was drawing on the wrong paper.

journeymom - Nov 14, 2007 10:44 am (#159 of 421)

Lol! Madam P, I've done the same thing with the phone, trying to get her to something more.

Liz Mann - Nov 15, 2007 9:14 am (#160 of 421)

J.K. has updated her website with an explanation of the court case against the Indian religious festival. I do wonder if in fact she, or someone connected with her, does read the discussions in the fandom because a lot of people have mentioned this in the light of the suit against Steve.

She also debunks rumours that she's had work done on herself. Her answer was funny.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 161 to 170)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Anna L. Black - Nov 15, 2007 9:22 am (#161 of 421)

Liz, where is it? I don't see it in the news or in the rumours....

Liz Mann - Nov 15, 2007 9:26 am (#162 of 421)

It's in the rubbish bin.

Anna L. Black - Nov 15, 2007 9:37 am (#163 of 421)

Heh, the part about the yoga and all that stuff is really funny

journeymom - Nov 15, 2007 10:57 am (#164 of 421)

I think I saw the article she refers to, with before and after photos. I saw in the 'before' photo a much younger woman with some freckles and not much makeup. In the 'after' photo I saw an older woman, very glamorous with much more makeup. Actually, her face does look a litter thiner in the newer photo, so I can see why this person speculated that JKR has lost weight. But this entire article was based upon the comparison of these two photographs. And more importantly, the 'journalist' got the opinion of a cosmetic surgeon (if I remember correctly) who said flat out, no, it doesn't look like JKR had surgery, it looks like she's got a lot more makeup on.

Elanor - Nov 15, 2007 12:42 pm (#165 of 421)

I've liked the "yoga" entry too but instead of a "revolutionary diet book", I'd love her to publish a HP cookbook. From Molly's favorite recipes to Kreacher's steack-and kidney pie and Hagrid's rock cakes (ok, this one qualifies as "revolutionary diet" recipe ). They could be sort of "handwritten" by the characters and look as if having been often used, annotated, etc. It would be fun, wouldn't it?

Liz Mann - Nov 15, 2007 1:11 pm (#166 of 421)

Oh my gosh, Elanor, that would be fun! I wish she'd do that! Although she probably wouldn't include steak and kidney pie or rock cakes because they're not original recipies. But she could do butterbeer (and have fun inventing the recipe).

If you want to make rock cakes, though, there's a recipe here. It's really easy.

Accio Sirius - Nov 15, 2007 1:22 pm (#167 of 421)

**feels stupid*** I always thought that was just a derogatory name for whatever Hagrid served the kids. I didn't know there was such thing as rock cakes.

I would love a recipe book. Despite my apparent culinary illiteracy.

Liz Mann - Nov 15, 2007 1:39 pm (#168 of 421)

It's probably a British thing.

Choices - Nov 15, 2007 3:10 pm (#169 of 421)

Whoever wrote the Rock Cake recipe....their math is as bad as JKR's.

Takes approximately: 10 min work, 20 min cooking, 50 min total

LOL My calculator says 10 plus 20 is 30, not 50......but then it could need a new battery.

Liz Mann - Nov 15, 2007 5:20 pm (#170 of 421)

Lol! Okay, try this recipe.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 171 to 180)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Madam Pince - Nov 15, 2007 9:56 pm (#171 of 421)

You neglected to count in the 20 minutes needed to read the recipe, dig out the calculator, figure up the minutes, take out old calculator batteries, dig in the kitchen whatzis drawer for new batteries, install, etc., etc., etc....

Elanor - Nov 17, 2007 7:22 am (#172 of 421)

Thanks for the links Liz!

I guess that these traditional recipes must have dozens of variants, like all family recipes, so I'd bet Hagrid must have his own "variant" of it. I like the idea anyways.

What made me think of the cookbook is that I own "The Cat Who... Cookbook", based on the recipes mentioned in "The Cat Who..." series by Lilian Jackson Braun. It's a really nice book, with some excerpts from the novels and funny details. I really wish there would be something similar with HP, it could be something really fun.

journeymom - Nov 21, 2007 5:24 pm (#173 of 421)

Regarding JKR's "Tales of Beetle the Bard" being auctioned by Sotheby's:

www dot sothebys dot com/app/live/pub/PubCatDetail.jsp?event_id=28411

A special commemorative catalogue for this unique item is being produced and is available to purchase from Sotheby's. The 48 page catalogue contains a message from the author about the creative inception of 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' plus images from the manuscript itself. Profits from the sale of the catalogue will be donated to The Children's Voice.

Madam Pince - Nov 28, 2007 9:32 pm (#174 of 421)

Hmph.

I feel like I'm eating "the crumbs too small for the other Who's mouses," but... I'll order one anyway. Fine. So I'm easy. Hey, it's Christmas.

journeymom - Nov 28, 2007 9:57 pm (#175 of 421)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BILL WEASLEY!

jose043 - Nov 28, 2007 10:16 pm (#176 of 421)

Happy Birthday Bill Weasley & many more to come

PeskyPixie - Nov 29, 2007 10:53 am (#177 of 421)

Happy Belated Birthday, Bill! (I think you're cute even with the scars. Oops, here comes Fleur with a rolling pin aimed at me!)

Choices - Nov 29, 2007 11:09 am (#178 of 421)

Run Pesky, Fleur has turned into a bird-headed, scaley winged monster. Oh, and Happy Birthday Bill!

John Bumbledore - Nov 29, 2007 12:33 pm (#179 of 421)

Choices, are you suggesting that Fleur is experienceing that
Purturbed by
Men
Syndrome?

**Ducking the jinxes flying at me as I wave "happy birthday!" belated ly to Bill.**

PeskyPixie - Nov 29, 2007 12:46 pm (#180 of 421)

John! Are we even allowed to mention those three letters together on the forum?

I'd love to stay and chat, but must flee as Fleur turns out to be the jealous type and didn't take too kindly to my comments to Bill! Merlin's pants! I forgot she was part-Veela!
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 181 to 190)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:57 pm

journeymom - Nov 30, 2007 10:08 am (#181 of 421)

Lol, John! I must tell Mr Journeymom about that.

PeskyPixie - Dec 1, 2007 12:09 am (#182 of 421)

Well, December 1st (on JKR's website and over here), and no new Wizard of the Month.

zelmia - Dec 1, 2007 2:12 am (#183 of 421)

They put the archive up and I would guess it's going to stay.

Liz Mann - Dec 1, 2007 8:16 am (#184 of 421)

I suppose she can't keep on coming up with new famous witches and wizards for every month.

Madam Pince - Dec 1, 2007 4:05 pm (#185 of 421)

Well, that's rather distressing. I guess she really and truly has "shut the door" on Harry. Sigh...

Even though the series is finished, I somehow still held out some hope that we'd be getting something new somewhere.

Mare - Dec 2, 2007 4:11 pm (#186 of 421)

I actually think that she is indeed very happy to be done. I took the magazine which had the Dutch interview and it's laying on my desk with Jo's picture and the bold tekst: "Every day, I'm relieved that I'm finished". so I guess she is taking a well earned vacation from Harry & co.

But I think that over time (a long time) she might come back and give us something new. If there ever will be an encyclopedia, then there will most likely be also new activity on her site to tell us about it.

legolas returns - Dec 5, 2007 1:50 am (#187 of 421)

Do you think we will get an update on the site soon? She usually leaves us something around this time.

Must go and write a letter to Santa.

Dear Santa,

I was wondering if I could get an update on JKR website for Christmas please? I promise to remain on my best behaviour for ever and not to be naughty.

Love

LR X

Liz Mann - Dec 5, 2007 3:44 am (#188 of 421)

I expect there'll be something for Christmas. (Hopefully. )

Lina - Dec 5, 2007 11:30 am (#189 of 421)

At least decorations.

Hogwarts Class of 85 - Dec 6, 2007 1:02 am (#190 of 421)

Happy Birthday Hagrid!
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 191 to 200)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:01 pm

jose043 - Dec 6, 2007 3:55 am (#191 of 421)

Happy Birthday Hagrid & many more to come.

Ida-ho-Potato - Dec 6, 2007 6:35 am (#192 of 421)

Happy Birthday Hagrid!!!!!!

Choices - Dec 6, 2007 11:15 am (#193 of 421)

Happy Birthday, big guy! I wish you many more. {{{HUGS}}}

journeymom - Dec 6, 2007 12:13 pm (#194 of 421)

Yay! Cheers, Hagrid! Here's a big tankard of mead!

Elanor - Dec 6, 2007 12:20 pm (#195 of 421)

Bon anniversaire Hagrid! I hope you heard this from Madame Maxime too!

And happy name day to Sir Nicholas the Mimsy-Porpington, as it is St Nicholas day today.

journeymom - Dec 7, 2007 12:25 am (#196 of 421)

Hmmmm... [light bulb appears above head] That's a good point, Audrey!! Hagrid's birthday is on St. Nicholas's day! He's this great big hairy man who brough Harry his first birthday cake.

But of course, what other birthday would JKR give him?

jose043 - Dec 7, 2007 7:40 am (#197 of 421)

Hi All

There are some up dates on JK Rowling site just been on & had a look, some of them are quite interesting she talks about HP & LV & the scene from the forest in DH also the Elder wand core.

Josephine & Anne

Anna L. Black - Dec 7, 2007 10:13 am (#198 of 421)

She's put some interesting details there! By the way, I don't know if that happens to everybody, but I couldn't get to the new bits on the Extras page (there's a new "miscellaneous" and a new "characters" bit), because the SPOILER sign was behind the regular text. Those bits can be easily seen on the Text-only version.

zelmia - Dec 7, 2007 12:33 pm (#199 of 421)

I'm glad she explained about the ugly baby thing. That's exactly what I thought when I was reading it, but it's nice to have clarification.

Elanor - Dec 7, 2007 12:36 pm (#200 of 421)

Journeymom: "Hagrid's birthday is on St. Nicholas's day! He's this great big hairy man who brough Harry his first birthday cake. But of course, what other birthday would JKR give him? "

Perfect, isn't it? The more because St Nicholas is always clad in red and we have Rubeus (red) Hagrid, that we identify as the Rubedo/red process mentor on the alchemy thread. Also, as I posted there 3 years ago (post #794, archived alchemy thread):

St Nicholas is the patron saint of children because it is said that, once, he saved 3 children. Those children had had their throat cut of and had been put in a salting-tub by an innkeeper when he rose them from the dead.

Interesting when keeping in mind Hagrid bringing "dead" Harry back from the forest, isn't it?

Also: "St Nicholas is often represented with a anchor or a small boat because he is also the patron saint of boatmen. I thought it was funny... " (from the same post) (Funny when thinking of Hagrid bringing the first year students to Hogwarts by boat of course.)

I've liked the updates on Jo's site very much too, especially the part about the elder wand core. Symbolically, it fits perfectly too!
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 201 to 210)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:02 pm

John Bumbledore - Dec 7, 2007 12:58 pm (#201 of 421)

In her Diary update 7 December 2007, Jo says, "I am putting up a few updates today in News (where you will see that I have also been busy with a documentary), FAQs and Extras. I hope to put up a few more titbits in due course."

As Anna pointed out, the spoiler signs in Extra Stuff > Characters and Extra Stuff > Miscellaneous can not be clicked because the lists appear in front of them. They are accessible on the text only version of the site.

Characters

Crookshanks

Gilderoy Lockhart

(SPOILER WARNING) as hidden text ==>
Spoiler:
Harry and Dudley: Future Hope?
A couple of people have told me that they hoped to see Dudley at King’s Cross in the Epilogue, accompanying a wizarding child. I must admit that it did occur to me to do that very thing, but a short period of reflection convinced me that any latent wizarding genes would never survive contact with Uncle Vernon’s DNA, so I didn’t do it.

However, I know that after Dudley’s brave attempt at reconciliation at the start of Deathly Hallows, the two cousins would have remained on ‘Christmas Card’ terms for the rest of their lives, and that Harry would have taken his family to visit Dudley’s when they were in the neighbourhood (occasions dreaded by James, Albus and Lily).
<== For Soul Search et al.

Hermione Granger

Nearly Headless Nick

Some Random Facts About The Weasley Family

Miscellaneous
For Girls Only, Probably...

Harry Potters

Meeting Melissa and Emerson

Minesweeper

Minesweeper Update

NAQ

Owls

Places to Write

Spell Definitions

SQUIBS

(SPOILER WARNING) As hidden Text ==>The Elder Wand
I decided that the core of the Elder Wand is the tail hair of a Thestral; a powerful and tricky substance that can be mastered only by a witch or wizard capable of facing death.<== at the request of Soul Search in the following post.

The Irish Quidditch team and West Ham Football Club

WANDS

That is there order of appearance in the text only site.

One note about the two added entries under the F.A.Q. in the About the Books section. Both new entries are listed as (SPOILER WARNING) but since the first item is selected the first spoiler is immediately displayed (as if you clicked the entry). Both are from King's Cross in chapter 35 of DH.

Soul Search - Dec 7, 2007 12:59 pm (#202 of 421)

I did not find anything about the elder wand core on the text only site. Did I miss it somehow? Could someone post it here? Thanks.

John Bumbledore - Dec 7, 2007 1:11 pm (#203 of 421)

Soul Search, you asked and I did it in the post before yours.

PeskyPixie - Dec 7, 2007 2:29 pm (#204 of 421)

Thanks, John. I couldn't get to that stuff, either.

I did interpret the Babymort thingy in King's Cross correctly, so I feel quite smart at the moment. (Phoenixfeather can insert a smiley of Brainy Smurf here! )

Luna Logic - Dec 7, 2007 3:28 pm (#205 of 421)

Yes, it's good to have some theory (Babymort : what a name!) confirmed at last !

PeskyPixie - Dec 7, 2007 5:01 pm (#206 of 421)

I borrowed the term 'Babymort' from Soul Search's 'Ugly Babymort'. I find it hilarious!

Soul Search - Dec 7, 2007 6:15 pm (#207 of 421)

John Bumbledore is really good. He answers questions before they are asked!

Ollivander wouldn't use Thestral Tail Hair for a wand core, but Gregoravitch probably would.

I didn't coin the phrase "Ugly Baby-mort" but I can't recall who did.

journeymom - Dec 7, 2007 6:24 pm (#208 of 421)

Sorry, I don't remember who made the elder wand?

PeskyPixie - Dec 7, 2007 7:03 pm (#209 of 421)

The Elder Wand was created by Death, or more likely Antioch Peverell.

zelmia - Dec 7, 2007 7:51 pm (#210 of 421)

I missed the bit about the Thestral tail, so I too thank John B.

It makes sense, though, that only someone who has truly faced death would be able to use the Elder Wand - with its Thestral tail core - successfully.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 211 to 220)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Verity Weasley - Dec 8, 2007 6:06 pm (#211 of 421)

Thanks for posting the new information from the Extras page - I couldn't find them either although the FAQ updates were fine. I'd love to watch the documentary but I doubt that it will get an airing here in Australia. There is usually very little HP news here. Thank goodness for the Forum and the Leaky Cauldron!

journeymom - Dec 8, 2007 9:32 pm (#212 of 421)

Verity, have you checked out the Harry Potter Automatic News Aggragator? See hpana.com.

The "What's New" page on the Lex hasn't been updated to show these latest changes to JKR's website.

TheSaint - Dec 9, 2007 3:05 am (#213 of 421)

The time turner in the room of requirement is great! Now I have to go look up all the ways we got into the door the first time! Has the Lex a page with a listing?

Hieronymus Graubart - Dec 9, 2007 12:50 pm (#214 of 421)

The Saint: From The Lexicon's Home Page to "ultimate guide to Jo's website" to "Past door openings of 'The Secret Door'", from there you may find all you need.

jose043 - Dec 12, 2007 12:42 am (#215 of 421)

Happy Birthday Charlie Weasley & Many more to come

PeskyPixie - Dec 12, 2007 12:08 pm (#216 of 421)

It seems as though it's always the birthday of one Weasley or another!

Happy Birthday, Charlie Weasley. Enjoy your day!

journeymom - Dec 12, 2007 1:17 pm (#217 of 421)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARLIE!

Verity Weasley - Dec 21, 2007 8:18 pm (#218 of 421)

There's another update on Jo's site in time for Christmas. There is news about the auction of Beedle the Bard and an FAQ about the HP encyclopaedia.

journeymom - Dec 26, 2007 11:34 am (#219 of 421)

Ah, so that's why she referred to the Encyclopedia as the Scottish Book. From Wikipedia:

The Scottish play and The Bard's play are euphemisms often used for William Shakespeare's Macbeth. Saying "Macbeth" inside a theatre is often considered taboo, as it is thought to bring on the curse associated with the play. The lead actors themselves are referred to as "Mr. and Mrs. M." or a variety of different names. The euphemism is so named because Macbeth is set in Scotland. Another variation of the superstition forbids direct quotation of the play while within a theatre.

Madam Pince - Dec 27, 2007 11:14 am (#220 of 421)

Thanks for pointing that out, journeymom! I did not "get it" at first.

Hmmmm... bit bold, innit? Comparing her work to Shakespeare's?
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 221 to 230)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Orion - Dec 27, 2007 12:20 pm (#221 of 421)

Completely justified!

Choices - Dec 27, 2007 1:25 pm (#222 of 421)

I agree, Orion. LOL For enjoyment, I'll take Jo anyday over Will.

Mediwitch - Dec 29, 2007 7:53 pm (#223 of 421)

Madam Pince, I'm not sure she's really comparing her work to Shakespeare...it's really a common theatre joke to refer to "unspeakable" things as "The Scottish Play". My step-son does it a fair amount, and he's no JK Rowling!

jose043 - Dec 29, 2007 11:07 pm (#224 of 421)

Hi All

On JK Rowling Site She has the door opened & She has the Weasley Famley Tree, Draco & Luna partners & Kids.

Josephine & Anne

Mrs. Sirius - Dec 30, 2007 12:02 am (#225 of 421)

Wahoo, have you seen the video? She draws out the family tree for the 2nd generation!

Elanor - Dec 30, 2007 12:07 am (#226 of 421)

Oh, thank you so much for posting this Josephine and Anne!

And thank you so much Jo! What a wonderful treat!

I'll post more later as many names ring some mythological/symbolic bells in my mind ('tis the season mind you! ). Just a few first remarks (in white, as I guess many will want to discover the names by themselves first):

Here, the name of "Dominique" is given both to boys and girls so we still don't know if Bill and Fleur have had two girls and a boy or two boys and a girl.

Percy married a girl named Audrey. Always knew Audreys were saint material. Lucy is bound to light festivals in Northern Europe so it could be a way for Jo to suggest a "bright" family future for Percy.

It's so cool George ended up marrying Angelina!

I love "James Sirius" and even more "Lily Luna" (so very symbolic!), chances are Luna is Lily's godmother then?

Is Luna's husband Rolf or Ralf though?

Edit: Thanks Mrs Sirius too! I didn't know about the video and "wow" again!

Potteraholic - Dec 30, 2007 2:35 am (#227 of 421)

Wahoo, have you seen the video? She draws out the family tree for the 2nd generation! Mrs. Sirius, post #225

What video? I checked out the door and saw the family tree notes, but didn't see any video there. HELP!

TwinklingBlueEyes - Dec 30, 2007 4:21 am (#228 of 421)

How do you get to video? Quick, I got to get to work! Please?

Elanor - Dec 30, 2007 6:57 am (#229 of 421)

You can watch it on the TLC website and on Mugglenet. It is an extract from the documentary that will be aired on the UK TV (tonight I believe).

Liz Mann - Dec 30, 2007 10:33 am (#230 of 421)

The family tree was cool (Harry and Ginny's kids got absolutely no names of their own, did they? ), but again Jo's problem with numbers shows as she forgets that Fred died in 98, not 97.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 231 to 240)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Elanor - Dec 30, 2007 12:57 pm (#231 of 421)

In the video, when she starts talking about Percy, a small part seems to be missing (she only says "Percy met Aud-" and then it stops). Maybe you will be able to tell us what she says then Liz? I'd bet you must be watching it now!

zelmia - Dec 30, 2007 1:33 pm (#232 of 421)

I think it's sweet that Percy named one of his daughters "Molly" after what he put his mother through for those nearly three years of being incommunicato.

Ditto that Harry and Ginny named their daughter Lily "Luna". Very touching.

No "Neville"s I noticed.

George marrying Angelina does indeed "a bit unhealthy" at first. But when you consider that, even though Fred is the one Angelina went out with, she and George have also known each other since childhood, played Quidditch together for 5 years, etc and likely had their own relationship of sorts anyway.
It is kind of a common convention of Romantic novels that when one brother dies (especially in battle) the girlfriend marries the other brother. But in this case, it almost seems natural, since they were already good friends and had a lot in common.

Potteraholic - Dec 30, 2007 1:40 pm (#233 of 421)

So Percy and Penelope called it quits? And I, too, wondered why Neville and Hannah weren't there. Maybe they didn't have any children?

Liz Mann - Dec 30, 2007 2:41 pm (#234 of 421)

By the looks of it on the documentary, the family tree was supposed to be for the Weasleys and Potters. But she added Luna and her husband because the documentary guy asked her. He didn't ask about Neville.

Maybe you will be able to tell us what she says then Liz?

Errr.... I have finished watching it about an hour and forty minutes ago and I can't remember exactly what she said. I think she said something about Percy having familial happiness or something like that.

Columbine Fairy - Dec 30, 2007 5:40 pm (#235 of 421)

Hello, folks! She said something about Audrey being a good sensible Percy-ish name - which I totally agree with!!

She also said that the Rolf that Luna marries is actually Rolf Scamander, grandson of the famous botanist Newt, and they had a grand old time chasing weird and wild creatures all over the world before settling down to have Lorcan and Lysanther. I'm sure old Xeno would have approved!!

shepherdess - Dec 30, 2007 5:58 pm (#236 of 421)

Lysanther Scamander...poor, poor kid.

journeymom - Dec 30, 2007 6:39 pm (#237 of 421)

I believe the name is Lysander. It's Anglicized Greek, for 'liberator' or 'release of a man'. λυσις (lysis) "a release" and ανδρος (andros) "of a man"

Lorcan (or Lorccan) is Irish, meaning 'little fierce one'. I love it!

========

George and Angelina's daughter, Roxanne: This is the name of Cyrano's love interest in the play 'Cyrano de Bergerac' (1897). Kind of cute. I can imagine that George encouraged Fred to ask out Angelina (well, like he needed encouragement). Now dear Fred is gone, Angelina and George turn to each other for comfort. I think it's totally sweet.

====

Draco's son Scorpius Hyperion: In Greek myth Hyperion was a Titan who presided over the sun and light. He was the father of the sun god Helios, the moon goddess Selene, and the dawn goddess Eos. Ha! I bet Scorpius wound up Gryffindor house!

Mrs. Sirius - Dec 30, 2007 11:44 pm (#238 of 421)

It seems that Draco married someone not from his class, that is the class of 1998, and like his parents has only one child. None of the Weasley kids had as many kids as their parents. Of course it is only 19 years after 1998, so they could have more children.

jose043 - Dec 31, 2007 12:23 am (#239 of 421)

Hi all

Have just watch the ITV telly cast on Muggle net & rally enjoyed to see that JKR could still show her feelings when she went back to her flat she had when she first started PS/SS it was very enjoyable to see the whole show will have to have another look later.

Josephine & Anne

journeymom - Jan 1, 2008 1:38 am (#240 of 421)

Jo's desk top biography date now indicates 1965 to 2008.

Snape's birthday is in nine days. Maybe he'll get a birthday card this year. I'm still bummed he didn't get a wotm card.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 241 to 250)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Marie E. - Jan 2, 2008 8:05 pm (#241 of 421)

I wonder why Charlie never married.

zelmia - Jan 2, 2008 10:18 pm (#242 of 421)

I just assumed he was more interested in his work. But just because he never married doesn't mean he didn't have plenty of love interests, eh? He certainly seems to have plenty of friends - and good friends, too; friends who were the kind who would construct a "dragon sling" and carry said dragon by broomstick from Scotland all the way to Romania.

Nathan Zimmermann - Jan 2, 2008 10:20 pm (#243 of 421)

Charlie, not marrying reminds me of my grandfather's cousin. this cousin spent his life working, every waking moment his thoughts were bent upon work, effectively his work was his spouse. In a sense Charlie also brings to mind the image of those individual who pursue a life of celibabcy as part of a religious vocation.

PeskyPixie - Jan 2, 2008 11:34 pm (#244 of 421)

Not everyone marries/has children. If this were the case then we'd be even more over-populated than we are now.

I think Charlie is like those great 'Wildlife Warriors' (to borrow Mr. Irwin's term) who can only marry if he finds a kindred spirit who shares his great love of dragons and animals in general, someone who understands and accepts his need to risk his life with deadly creatures on a daily basis.

Or, he may be like those individuals I've recently read about, who feel that we humans have already over-populated the world enough and choose to leave no offspring behind. Of course, this second idea does not prevent him from marrying, so I think my previous idea is the one I'll stick with.

Elanor - Jan 2, 2008 11:39 pm (#245 of 421)

If I remember well, when drawing the Weasleys family tree for the documentary, Jo simply said he was more interested in dragons than in women.

I find it actually more realistic not to have all Weasleys married and with children. His nephews/nieces must spend some er... **interesting** holidays at his during summer breaks, lol!

BTW, Molly and Arthur have 12 grandchildren according the family tree - a wonderfully symbolic number IMO.

John Bumbledore - Jan 3, 2008 2:08 pm (#246 of 421)

Cheaper by the dozen comes to mind about there being 12 Weasley grandchildren. Certainly sounds like a phrase that Arthur and Molly would use or know it's worth.

Madam Pince - Jan 3, 2008 4:36 pm (#247 of 421)

Rather a shame that poor Arthur doesn't have a namesake yet -- everybody else does.

I have to say I don't get why Lily, Jr.'s middle name is "Luna." I mean, I love Luna as much as the next person, but it seems an odd choice to me. Luna was a friend, but not as close as, say, Hermione. I would've expected maybe "Lily Jane/Jean" or "Lily Genevra" or *gasp* something totally original.

What is Draco's wife's first name? I couldn't read it very well...

PeskyPixie - Jan 3, 2008 4:41 pm (#248 of 421)

Astoria, I believe. (Although there is a slim chance it may be Astrid. I keep confusing myself over this name and have to return to her site to re-check it!)

Madam Pince - Jan 3, 2008 4:53 pm (#249 of 421)

I think you're right -- it looks like Astoria. She said in the Pottercast that it was Daphne Greengrass' younger sister (now I have to go and look up why I should know Daphne -- the name is ringing a bell but I can't place her...)

Edit: OK, so even the Lexicon is confuddled. It says it could be either Astoria or Asteria -- Lexicon seems to feel the handwritten version on Jo's site looks like Asteria, but Time Magazine printed it as Astoria and JKR pronounced it Astoria in the recent documentary. And Daphne was only mentioned briefly in OotP as a Slytherin who took her OWLS at the same time as Hermione. *whew* I don't feel quite so dense if the mention was only as brief as that...

Liz Mann - Jan 3, 2008 4:54 pm (#250 of 421)

Lily Luna is aliteration, so it sounds good.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 251 to 260)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Madam Pince - Jan 3, 2008 5:03 pm (#251 of 421)

Now see, I'm from the South, so Lily Jean or Lily Jane sounds better to my ears.

Although Lily Jean might sound too much like Billie Jean, and thus inspire all sorts of Michael Jackson teasing at school... all the other kids strutting down the Great Hall wearing one sparkley glove and shaking their hands rapidly while going "Whooo-hooo" in a high pitched voice...

They couldn't dress up in the chalk-white face with no nose, though, because they'd be accused of imitating Voldemort...

Chemyst - Jan 3, 2008 5:32 pm (#252 of 421)

. . . They couldn't dress up in the chalk-white face with no nose, though, because they'd be accused of imitating Voldemort...

If I weren't busy laughing, I'd be looking for something soft to throw at you!

Liz Mann - Jan 3, 2008 5:46 pm (#253 of 421)

Lol, Madam Pince.

TwinklingBlueEyes - Jan 3, 2008 10:56 pm (#254 of 421)

ROFL Madam Pince!

Elanor - Jan 4, 2008 12:22 am (#255 of 421)

LOL Madam Pince!

I wonder if Luna was Lily's godmother, that would explain why she's called "Lily Luna".

Symbolically, it is absolutely perfect: both the lily and "luna" (i.e. "the moon") are symbols for the Mercury/volatile/feminine principle in alchemy. (Lily Alba would have worked well too, or even Lily Luna Alba. )

Madam Pince - Jan 4, 2008 9:00 am (#256 of 421)

Always glad to oblige...

painting sheila - Jan 7, 2008 10:55 am (#257 of 421)

I am having trouble getting the documentary. It says I need to be in the UK to see it. Does anyone have another link?

Holly T. - Jan 7, 2008 12:05 pm (#258 of 421)

Sheila, you were just in the UK! You should have watched it while you were there.

painting sheila - Jan 7, 2008 8:04 pm (#259 of 421)

I know! I can't believe I didn't see it. I trolled the stations every night after dinner.

PeskyPixie - Jan 8, 2008 5:05 pm (#260 of 421)

Not sure whether it's today or tomorrow (although it's already tomorrow in some parts of the world, so technically I'm safe against a Sneering Jinx from the Birthday Boy ), but ...

Happy Birthday, Severus Snape! Enjoy the day with Lily!
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 261 to 270)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:34 pm

journeymom - Jan 8, 2008 6:10 pm (#261 of 421)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PROFESSOR SNAPE!

He'd be 48 years old.

It's still January 8 in the US, but we can start the party early, can't we? I'll bring the cauldron cakes!

PeskyPixie - Jan 8, 2008 6:53 pm (#262 of 421)

Great, I'll bring the butterbeer, and a bottle of blood-red, elf-made wine from the Spinner's End secret wine cellar!

ETA: I just heard my mom sigh, "Only 38 [i.e. at the time of his death] ... he died too young ..." Oh well, it's still his day beyond the veil!

Orion - Jan 9, 2008 12:45 pm (#263 of 421)

Happy birthday Severus Snape! So glad that you made it to Bolivia right under Rowling's nose. Enjoy your 48th!

Gina R Snape - Jan 9, 2008 5:19 pm (#264 of 421)

:sigh:

Happy birthday, Severus.

TwinklingBlueEyes - Jan 9, 2008 5:28 pm (#265 of 421)

Happy Birthday to Severus and to my husband too! They share the same birthday.

barbara webb - Feb 5, 2008 5:44 pm (#266 of 421)

Happy Birthday Mr. Weasley!

painting sheila - Feb 5, 2008 5:59 pm (#267 of 421)

Woohoo!! Happy Birthday Mr. Weasley!

jose043 - Feb 6, 2008 12:10 am (#268 of 421)

Happy Birthday Arthur Weasley & many more to come

PeskyPixie - Feb 6, 2008 10:49 am (#269 of 421)

Happy Birthday, Arthur! (Luv ya lots!)

journeymom - Feb 6, 2008 1:09 pm (#270 of 421)

Happy Birthday, Arthur! I'm so glad Jo spared you. You're one of my favorite dads in literature.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 271 to 280)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Madam Pince - Feb 6, 2008 3:56 pm (#271 of 421)

Hmph. If she'd killed off Arthur then Fred would still be alive.

Did I say that out loud?

Choices - Feb 6, 2008 4:04 pm (#272 of 421)

Oh, my goodness. That is not a choice I would want to make. Arthur or Fred. **Sob** I love them both. In all honesty, I think I would have to sacrifice Arthur to save Fred. Is that terrible of me?

Madam Pince - Feb 6, 2008 4:08 pm (#273 of 421)

Nope! As your very name embodies, it's all about "choices!" JKR said she had to kill a Weasley... it was just a matter of deciding which one!

PeskyPixie - Feb 6, 2008 7:17 pm (#274 of 421)

Given the choice, Arthur would not 'choose' to live at the expense of losing his child. Whoops, wrong thread! (to those taking part in the nuclear geothermal can't-remember-the-rest-of-it discussion )

painting sheila - Feb 7, 2008 8:37 am (#275 of 421)

Why not take Charlie - we don't know him very well.

But either way - it's till Arthur's b-day!! Woohoo!

PeskyPixie - Feb 7, 2008 9:09 am (#276 of 421)

Must keep Charlie - we can't lose too many wildlife conservationists!

Once again, Happy Birthday, Arthur. (BTW, sorry about the discussion about which Weasley is the most expendable ).

John Bumbledore - Feb 7, 2008 2:09 pm (#277 of 421)

(which Weasley ...)

Great Aunt Muriel? Percy?

When are their b-days?

**what did you think I was going to say?**

Liz Mann - Feb 9, 2008 4:07 am (#278 of 421)

I would have said Percy but he's cool now.

Orion - Feb 9, 2008 5:38 am (#279 of 421)

Percy. I love Muriel, she's totally funny. I used to have relatives like that but they have all passed away, sadly. There's a whole generation of old war horses who will never come back.

PeskyPixie - Feb 9, 2008 11:17 am (#280 of 421)

If I must choose, it'll have to be Percy.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 281 to 290)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:36 pm

PeskyPixie - Feb 12, 2008 11:42 am (#281 of 421)

I've been scrambling around, trying to find the correct thread for something I keep meaning to share but never get around to ... I think I'll do it here before I forget again.

'A Year in the Life of JKR' just aired here last week (maybe I missed a Christmas broadcast as I was ill), and I was surprised to hear the narrator mention that JKR's difficult relationship with her father caused her to fill the HP world with ideal father figures. If anything I've noticed the opposite. Yes there are fathers in the series and father figures for Harry, but none are truly the 'ideal' father (exception being Arthur Weasley and maybe Hagrid).

Chemyst - Feb 12, 2008 6:01 pm (#282 of 421)

Hagrid as an ideal father... as soon as I pick myself up off the floor, I should try to go find his thread... if I'm not laughing too hard.

PeskyPixie - Feb 12, 2008 6:04 pm (#283 of 421)

***snorts*** Now that I think of his making kids take Blast-Ended Skrewts for walks, it is rather funny!

Choices - Feb 12, 2008 6:18 pm (#284 of 421)

Maybe not "ideal", but certainly loving and caring, loyal and true. You could do worse than have Hagrid as your father.

PeskyPixie - Feb 14, 2008 12:46 am (#285 of 421)

Thanks, Choices. That must have been how I was thinking when I made my original statement.

journeymom - Feb 14, 2008 10:41 am (#286 of 421)

Well, and according to Hagrid he had a great dad, doing the best he could as a single parent.

JKR's comment IS at odds with something else she said maybe a year ago, that HP is a litany of poor fathering. Though I can't agree with that, either. Tom Riddle Sr., Tobias Snape, Lucius Malfoy were poor fathers. Perhaps Percival Dumbledore, for attacking muggles and getting sent to Azkaban. Except it appears he had good reason. Arthur is a wonderful father. James wasn't a bad father, probably would have been perfectly good. Remus Lupin turned himself around and died trying to make the world a better place for his son.

The profoundly important influence of parents is a theme in the HP story. Not just fathers, and not just negative influence.

Jo has a new entry in her diary today. Apparently she can swear like a sailor.

Mrs. Sirius - Feb 14, 2008 10:48 am (#287 of 421)

Wait where is this journeymom? the diary on her desk? The last entry I see is December 7.

I have gone in through "my favorites" link, and the various links at the top of this thread and the Spanish links, they all show the December 7 entry as the last one.

Liz Mann - Feb 14, 2008 11:10 am (#288 of 421)

I can't see a new entry either.

journeymom - Feb 14, 2008 11:11 am (#289 of 421)

Sorry! My mistake. No, it's on the Daily News, "Auction of the Tales of Beedle the Bard".

Mrs. Sirius - Feb 14, 2008 11:26 pm (#290 of 421)

journeymom, I think that entry is old too.

I was just on the site looking through the Wizard of the Month cards. It lists Dumbledore as 1881-1996. Isn't the end of HBP, when he died taking place in May-June 1997?

I know when she list George as dying 1997, that caught as an error because he died at the end of the school year 1998.

I don't remember seeing that as an error anywhere before.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 291 to 300)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Choices - Feb 15, 2008 11:25 am (#291 of 421)

I think it was Fred who died. :-( Although I'm sure George died a little bit that day, too.

Mrs. Sirius - Feb 15, 2008 11:23 pm (#292 of 421)

Yikes, sorry of course it was Fred! Sorry George.

jose043 - Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm (#293 of 421)

Happy Birthday Ron Weasley & many more to come

Mrs. Sirius - Mar 1, 2008 11:05 pm (#294 of 421)

I was just on her site, in her office there is a time turner out side her office. There are 2 books on her desk, a copy of the British HBP and the other is a W.O.M.B.A.T test book and their is also a candle and 2 time turners, a horseshoe and some shamrocks on her desk.

Earlier I was in her office on another computer, there was the diagram she did for the documentary with who they married and their children on the desk which had been there a few weeks. Unfortunately, I can't check that computer right now. Am I missing anything? Click on -the books and the pages flip, the candle and it goes out, the horseshoe glows.

Hieronymus Graubart - Mar 2, 2008 6:04 am (#295 of 421)

When I went to Jo's office, the time turner at the door was still set to 29.12.2007. (Was this when the documentation of the marriages and children appeared? It is still there when I open the door at this date.)

When I set the time turner to the actual date and started it turning, the "Do not disturb" appeared. It seems we got a new puzzle.

How did you open the door, Mrs. Sirius?

Elanor - Mar 2, 2008 6:43 am (#296 of 421)

Hmm... I also see 02/03/08 and the "Do not disturb" appear. Maybe we're going to get something new soon?

There is something new in the "Rumours" section though (I think): an entry about Facebook and false JKRs on these sites. And I think the ads on the newpaper pages are new too.

Anna L. Black - Mar 2, 2008 6:43 am (#297 of 421)

The same happens to me, HG - but I don't think it's a new puzzle, as those were usually withouth the "DND" sign. But that's no doubt weird...

Mrs. Sirius - Mar 2, 2008 9:22 am (#298 of 421)

How I opened the door,,, I think just clicking time turner then turn the door handle.

There is a bit of a sequence, I can light the candle, put the quill in the ink bottle and turn the pages on the WOMBAT test book let, if I do this out of sequence, or click on anything else, the rabbit's foot, the horseshoe or HPB, the candle goes out and the WOMBAT closes, go figure.

I know this is a clue to something, but WHAT???

Edit:By the way, I originally when on the downstairs computer because we just connected it to the internet. This computer is the one we used when her site first opened and has all the cookies for the scrapbook goodies I had. So the cookies have lain quiet for a year and a half.

Edit: The date changes every time I click on it.

Anna L. Black - Mar 2, 2008 9:30 am (#299 of 421)

This sounds like a previous puzzle we had, though I didn't find its description on the Lexicon. What is the date on the time turner, Mrs. Sirius?

Mrs. Sirius - Mar 2, 2008 11:05 am (#300 of 421)

Well it is back to just the marriage and children's diagram. hmmm
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 301 to 310)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:38 pm

John Bumbledore - Mar 4, 2008 7:54 am (#301 of 421)

Mrs. Sirius, I think you are describing the first W.O.M.B.A.T. puzzle. I'll go check the lex.

Edit to correct my guess:

It was the second W.O.M.B.A.T. test 29-09-2006 (Sept 29, 2006) and here is the Lexicon page describing how the puzzle is resolved.

How to use the time Turner:

There are two thin handles on the time turner. The bottom one turns the date backward and the top one turns the date forward. Once you select the date you want, then click the hour glass and it will spin taking you backward or forward in time.
I hope that helps anyone who wishes to revisit the past door openings or work through any that one has missed.

Sept 2006 door opening:

Here is how I remember the order for the book, candle, clover, etc.

First, you need light from the candle.
Second, you will need to ink your quill.
Third, you will close the book WOMBAT Revision Guide.
Next, you will need some luck so touch the four-leaf clover.
Then the clover turns into a key, now unlock the drawer (center of the drawer pull/handle) and then open the drawer.
Finally, click the sand-glass to start your time.
John Bumbledore <)B^D≈

Mrs. Sirius - Mar 4, 2008 9:36 am (#302 of 421)

Yes, John I think you are correct, what was so odd is that it was available only that night. I was using the computer downstairs with my kids, the diagram JK made for the documentary on marriage and children was on the desk.

After midnight, I was on the upstairs computer and the exam was on the table with shamrocks. I thought it was something new for St Patrick's. I tried every combination to see what it was but didn't get anywhere. The next morning it was back to the diagram.

The time turner by the way has several dates dating back to 2006. I think the dates were the dates of important announcements and dates such as when she announced when the book was completed DH release date etc.

jose043 - Mar 9, 2008 7:34 pm (#303 of 421)

Happy Birthday to our favourite Werewolf Remus Lupin. It is 10th here in West Aussie. Even though he is dead still cry over it.

Josephine & Anne

journeymom - Mar 10, 2008 8:54 am (#304 of 421)

Happy Birthday, Lupin!

Good Evans - Mar 10, 2008 10:30 am (#305 of 421)

happy birthday Remus, may you rest in peace and may Teddy raise a glass to you.

Choices - Mar 10, 2008 11:42 am (#306 of 421)

Oh, how sad! I wish you were here, Remus, to celebrate with your friends. Happy Birthday, and may you and Tonks celebrate together beyond the veil.

PeskyPixie - Mar 11, 2008 2:00 pm (#307 of 421)

Happy Birthday, Remus. No more painful transformations and exclusion by snotty 'wizards'.

Enjoy your day, surrounded by your loved ones! (Hey, there's Sev, lurking around the corner - might as well ask him to join your party! )

haymoni - Mar 14, 2008 5:00 pm (#308 of 421)

If anyone would be gracious enough to do that, it would be our Mr. Lupin.

Here, here, Professor!!!

PeskyPixie - Mar 14, 2008 8:24 pm (#309 of 421)

Or do you mean, 'ear, 'ear?!

I'm really not looking forward to the birthday on April 1st. It's gonna be one tear-jerker.

journeymom - Mar 31, 2008 8:56 pm (#310 of 421)

JK Rowling's site has Gred and Forge's birthday card up.

Happy Birthday, Twins! George, many happy returns. Fred, you are sorely missed.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 311 to 320)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:39 pm

PeskyPixie - Apr 1, 2008 10:46 am (#311 of 421)

I've been dreading and putting off this message for a while, but here it goes.

Happy Birthday, George, and you too, Fred.

I think I'll leave before I start bawling.

Choices - Apr 1, 2008 12:24 pm (#312 of 421)

Happy Birthday to Fred and George. My birthday wish would be that Fred was here in the flesh with us, grinning devilishly over some wonderfully evil trick he has pulled on someone. I bet that would be George's wish also. {{{hugs}}}

**What's that? No George, of course I don't mean I wish Fred was here naked. "In the flesh" just means I wish he were alive. (Rolls eyes) Heaven help us!**

LOL

Liz Mann - Apr 1, 2008 4:19 pm (#313 of 421)

Happy birthday to the prankster kings.

Hogwarts Class of 85 - May 2, 2008 10:47 am (#314 of 421)

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but it is the tenth anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts today. Thinking of those who died in the struggle.

Chemyst - May 3, 2008 8:39 pm (#315 of 421)

Do you think the lack of updates is due to that legal-thing-that-must-not-be-named, or do you think she lost interest?

Verity Weasley - May 4, 2008 4:46 pm (#316 of 421)

It could be a bit of both I suppose. She might be feeling a bit cynical towards fansites at the moment, even her own. And I guess it would be hard to update without mentioning that-which-must-not-be-named.

Anna L. Black - May 5, 2008 9:13 am (#317 of 421)

I wasn't expecting any more updates since the time turner appeared next to the closed door and the wizards of the month collcetion became available... It seems she stopped updating now that all the books are out....

PeskyPixie - May 13, 2008 12:06 pm (#318 of 421)

Wow, the tenth anniversary already, eh?

Poor Fred, poor Tonks and Lupin ... poor Snape.

Sooo ... still nine more years until the events of the epilogue, huh?

(I had written 'eh' again at the end of my last sentence, but then changed it to 'huh' as I was making the 'Canadian' jokes too easy for everyone!)

TwinklingBlueEyes - May 13, 2008 6:36 pm (#319 of 421)

Eh??? Yeah, it's a snowbird thang...

PeskyPixie - May 15, 2008 7:58 am (#320 of 421)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POMONA SPROUT!
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 321 to 330)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:41 pm

journeymom - May 15, 2008 9:06 am (#321 of 421)

Happy birthday, Professor! A bouquet of honking daffodils for you.

Hogwarts Class of 85 - May 30, 2008 10:34 am (#322 of 421)

There is an update in the news on the site - fans will be able to buy the 800 word prequel from Waterstones.

Mrs Brisbee - May 30, 2008 10:47 am (#323 of 421)

It's supposed to take place three years before Harry is born. I really hope it is something to do with the First War and James and Lily.

Potteraholic - May 30, 2008 11:11 am (#324 of 421)

I wonder how this prequel will compare to the Five Words story a few of us wrote earlier this month over on the FFF called 'The First Defiance'. It will be fun to see if there are any similarities!

Elanor - May 30, 2008 10:35 pm (#325 of 421)

Jo writes: "After playing around with a number of different ideas I decided to write a short (for me!) excerpt from a prequel to the Potter series. It is about 800 words long and the action takes place around 3 years before Harry is born.

Although I did feel a bit like a relapsing addict as I sat down to write - the words poured from my pen with frightening ease - I am NOT working on a prequel."

Please, DO relapse Jo! We're addicts too and want nothing more than relapsing also.

BTW, am I the only one thinking (ok, hoping) she protests a bit too much about NOT writing a prequel?

Liz Mann - May 31, 2008 3:13 am (#326 of 421)

I've already pre-ordered it.

HungarianHorntail11 - May 31, 2008 3:50 am (#327 of 421)

Me too, Liz! Did you enter What's Your Story? I finally entered something (while making Trevor lunch, getting him dressed, and getting him ready for school, of course). But I had to crop it so much to fit the 600 character limit that it's barely what I started with.

Liz Mann - May 31, 2008 10:43 am (#328 of 421)

No I didn't enter. Maybe I will if I think of something to write about.

Madam Pince - May 31, 2008 3:36 pm (#329 of 421)

I was going to guess that the 800-word prequel maybe had something to do with Harry's first accidental magical experience as a child, until I read that it takes place three years before his birth. Hmmmm. So what will it be? Something with Sirius maybe? Dare I hope Snape/Lily/James?

Mrs. Sirius - May 31, 2008 9:35 pm (#330 of 421)

Well, that would have been their last year at Hogwarts, right? So they were still all together. Also that would have been when Lily and James start dating.
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 331 to 340)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Choices - Jun 1, 2008 10:06 am (#331 of 421)

Yes, sounds like it will cover the time period between Hogwarts graduation and the birth of Harry. Sirius, James, Lily....maybe we will even find out more about Lupin's activities during that time.

journeymom - Jun 1, 2008 10:39 am (#332 of 421)

Now I don't remember where I read it. But someone said the story regards James and Sirius. Does anyone know when Sirius moved out of Grimmauld Place to move in with the Potters?

This 800-word constraint is really appealing. My favorite HP fanfictions are usually the one-shots. Most fanfic authors don't have the talent to sustain a multi-chaptered story. A really tight, well constructed short story is powerful.

Liz Mann - Jun 2, 2008 6:09 am (#333 of 421)

Sirius moved out of Grimmauld Place when he was sixteen, four years before Harry was born. This seems to be set a little later.

As I understand it this is supposed to be an outline for a prequel rather than an actual story.

Hogwarts Class of 85 - Jun 2, 2008 1:45 pm (#334 of 421)

I am sure it is on this site somewhere, but there is going to be a 10th anniversary edition of PS out on 23 Sept with "bonus content".......

Verity Weasley - Jun 2, 2008 4:20 pm (#335 of 421)

I read about it on the Leaky Cauldron site. I haven't seen anything on Jo's site about the 10th anniversary edition. It seems there is some new artwork, but since I have all the English editions I'm not into the illustrations. Leaky did say there would be new content from Jo but there was no info on what that might be. I would have thought we would have heard by now if she had done something new to include. I would also think that if Scholastic wanted to release a 10th anniversary edition, then they should change the title to Philosopher's Stone - there's really no point sticking with 'Sorceror's Stone' anymore.

journeymom - Jun 2, 2008 8:41 pm (#336 of 421)

Mary Grand Pre has made a new cover for Philosopher's Stone for this 10th anniversary.

time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1810485,00.html Add the www dot.

==========

The Leaky says there's new content from JKR.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hmmmm. I don't know what to think about that. Leave well enough alone already.

======

This source says the book won't be sold in the UK.

people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=fans-to-miss-new-potter&method=full&objectid=20428315&siteid=93463-name_page.html

Well, Scholastic isn't sold in the UK anyway, right? Just like Bloomsbury isn't sold in the US. I suppose folks in the UK can still order it off the net and have it mailed.

Madam Pince - Jun 3, 2008 1:55 pm (#337 of 421)

Hmmmm. I don't know what to think about that.

I know what I think about it. I think they're milking our wallets for every cent they can wring out. Talk about extending your 15 minutes! Sheesh.

Hogwarts Class of 85 - Jun 3, 2008 3:56 pm (#338 of 421)

should there be a new thread about predictions for the new material?

Madam Pince - Jun 3, 2008 4:52 pm (#339 of 421)

Hmmmm. I don't know what to think about that.

I know what I think about it. I think they're milking our wallets for every cent they can wring out. Talk about extending your 15 minutes! Sheesh.

painting sheila - Jun 3, 2008 7:57 pm (#340 of 421)

Liz Mann - ordered it? How?
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 341 to 350)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:47 pm

Liz Mann - Jun 4, 2008 10:01 am (#341 of 421)

Through Waterstones' website. It's on the main page.

journeymom - Jun 4, 2008 12:50 pm (#342 of 421)

Madam Pince, I don't want to, but I've to agree.

Madam Pince, I don't want to, but I've to agree.

Snuffles - Jun 5, 2008 3:35 am (#343 of 421)

*looks all around**

*Cough* Happy Birthday Draco *cough*

journeymom - Jun 5, 2008 7:38 am (#344 of 421)

Happy Birthday, you twitchy little ferret!

Madam Pince - Jun 5, 2008 11:33 am (#345 of 421)

Wow -- that's weird. I have no idea how that double post happened. I'm sure I only did it once. Maybe that was during the time when we were having thunderstorms and our power was blinking off and on and something weird happened. Oh, well. Sorry! (I really didn't feel so strongly about it that I posted it twice! LOL!)

Choices - Jun 5, 2008 5:38 pm (#346 of 421)

Um, Happy Birthday Draco. I bought you this lovely bag of ferret treats. Enjoy!

Leprechaun Jack! - Jun 9, 2008 11:57 am (#347 of 421)

Hey guys it's been a while since I've been around. I was just on the JKR site and while my mouse was over the Secrecy sensor it moved and showed a piece of paper with a ? on it. When I clicked it nothing happened. Does anyone know what it is and how to find out what it does?

Jack

John Bumbledore - Jun 11, 2008 1:02 pm (#348 of 421)

Jack, the answer lies on the Extra Page. You may now take the pen and draw on the new pice of paper that is there.

I'll let you decide what to draw, but you may go looking in the trophy room. Peeves may give you another idea when he "blows" through there.

John

Mrs. Sirius - Jul 29, 2008 10:29 pm (#349 of 421)

It's already Neville's birthday in England, JK's site has the up date. 28!

PeskyPixie - Jul 29, 2008 10:36 pm (#350 of 421)

Happy Birthday, Neville!

And in case I'm not on the forum later on this week, Happy Birthday, Harry!
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

JK Rowling Official Site (Post 351 to 360)

Post  John Bumbledore on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:48 pm

journeymom - Jul 29, 2008 10:59 pm (#351 of 421)

Happybirthday, Neville!

Choices - Jul 30, 2008 9:09 am (#352 of 421)

Happy Birthday Neville. You have come so far from that frightened 11 year old to the brave young man you are today - we are all so proud of you. Have a great day!

jose043 - Jul 31, 2008 12:22 am (#353 of 421)

Happy belated Birthday to Neville. Happy Birthday to Harry & JK Rowling my you all have many more birthdays.

Mrs. Sirius - Jul 31, 2008 4:59 am (#354 of 421)

Happy Birthday Harry and JK R-O-W-L-I-N-G. Did you here the news???? Beedle the Bard is going to be published, with ADDITIONAL information, including commentary by Dumbledore and Hermione!!!! Waaaahhooooooo

Thank you JK, thank you Amazon, it's all good.

Anna L. Black - Jul 31, 2008 5:05 am (#355 of 421)

Really? When? Where? Link?

Can you tell I'm excited?

Happy birthday to Harry and JKR!!

Elanor - Jul 31, 2008 5:39 am (#356 of 421)

Joyeux Anniversaire Jo! Happy Birthday Harry!
(And Happy Birthday to one of the forumers: Nick. )

And thanks for the great news Jo! This is wonderful! Woohoo!!!

Anna, Jo posted this on her website:

The Children's High Level Group to publish The Tales of Beedle the Bard" on 4th December 2008

There was understandable disappointment among Harry Potter fans when only one copy of "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" was offered to the public last December. I am therefore delighted to announce that, thanks to the generous support of Bloomsbury, Scholastic and Amazon (who bought the handwritten copy at auction) - and with the blessing of the wonderful people who own the other six original books - "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" will now be widely available to all Harry Potter fans. Royalties will be donated to the Children's High Level Group, to benefit institutionalised children in desperate need of a voice. The new edition will include the Tales themselves, translated from the original runes by Hermione Granger, and with illustrations by me, but also notes by Professor Albus Dumbledore, which appear by generous permission of the Hogwarts Headmasters' Archive.' 'Dumbledore's commentary on the Tales, which was discovered among his papers after his death, includes some historical notes, personal reminiscences, and insights into that most mysterious branch of magic: wandlore. I very much hope that readers coming to these classic wizarding fables for the first time will find his commentary both entertaining and helpful."

Anna L. Black - Jul 31, 2008 6:11 am (#357 of 421)

Ooooh, does that mean she's actually going to explain wandlore?

Hogwarts Class of 85 - Jul 31, 2008 6:39 am (#358 of 421)

A birthday present for everyone on Harry's birthday.

PeskyPixie - Jul 31, 2008 8:03 am (#359 of 421)

Happy Birthday, Harry! Twenty-eight years old!

Yes, it's just like Harry to treat others on his birthday.

I know what I want for Christmas this year!

journeymom - Jul 31, 2008 9:29 am (#360 of 421)

Happy Birthday Harry and Jo!
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Re: JK Rowling Official Site Vol. 4 (1 Nov 2007 - 24 Aug 2009)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top