Lexicon Forum Tops Bloomsbury's Web Site's Forum List (2004)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lexicon Forum Tops Bloomsbury's Web Site's Forum List (2004)

Post  Lady Arabella on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:51 pm

The following is an archive of material orginally posted on the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum, hosted by World Crossing, which ceased operations on April 15th, 2011
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Posts 1 to 17

Post  Lady Arabella on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Lexicon Forum Tops Bloomsbury's Web Site's Forum List
Kip Carter - Nov 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Edited Jun 28, 2009 5:09 am

The following is a combined excerpt from two emails from Lexicon Steve:

Hey, guess what?

Bloomsbury, the UK publisher of Harry Potter, recommends our forum to people who visit their website.

I think it's pretty cool that Bloomsbury listed our forum. You must be doing something right!

Steve

For those wanting to see the listing, click here. I realize that our Forum is at the top of the list because Bloomsbury lists the four forum sites alphabetically; however I still like to feel that we are the best forum site for the Harry Potter world. And we are the best because of our members and their approach to Harry Potter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ydnam96 - Nov 27, 2004 12:54 pm (#1 of 17)

That's awesome! Congrats Kip and Steve and all the other staff!

azi - Nov 27, 2004 1:04 pm (#2 of 17)

Yey! Go the forum! Congratulations to everybody! After all, we need the moderators to do the great job they do, but there wouldn't be a forum without the intelligent posters! Smile

shepherdess - Nov 27, 2004 3:10 pm (#3 of 17)

Kip, if they were alphabetical, Godric's Hollow would be listed before the Harry Potter Lexicon. (And you're right-this is the best HP site.)

Chemyst - Nov 27, 2004 4:41 pm (#4 of 17)

To borrow a word from another member's tag line, "Natch!" -this is the best HP site.

It is a bit disconcerting to read that we were recommended "due to the frequent posting of inappropriate messages" at the Bloomsbury messageboards, so I am sending all our Lexicon moderators a fortifying charm, lest the miscreants try that here.

The giant squid - Nov 29, 2004 2:45 am (#5 of 17)

Add my congratulations to Kip & Steve as well. I think you're "doing something right" as well.

I am sending all our Lexicon moderators a fortifying charm, lest the miscreants try that here.—Chemyst

I wouldn't worry...if they (and we) can survive being listed on JKR's site for three months straight, this should be no problem.

--Mike

El Cronista de Salem - Dec 2, 2004 10:32 am (#6 of 17)

You deserve this "award", kip and steve ;-)

Tomoé - Dec 6, 2004 7:48 pm (#7 of 17)

Congratulation to all the Lexicon forum Staff and posters!!!

(especially Steve and Kip)

Loopy Lupin - Dec 7, 2004 8:40 am (#8 of 17)

Congrats to Kip, Steve, Denise and everyone. I wouldn't worry too much about miscreants. As Mike noted, the influx of some trolls from being site of the month on JKR's site was deftly handled; I'm sure any spike in membership from Bloomsbury can be withstood.

Weeny Owl - Dec 7, 2004 12:05 pm (#9 of 17)

Congratulations!

zelmia - Dec 11, 2004 12:18 am (#10 of 17)

Woot!

Ludicrous Patents Office - Dec 21, 2004 3:52 pm (#11 of 17)

Thank you Kip and Steve. This is a great site and I'm glad you are getting the recognition you deserve. Congratulations!!!! LPO

Hermy-own - Dec 21, 2004 6:18 pm (#12 of 17)

Double yaye!! Well done everyone - Steve, Kip, Denise, the hosts, the posters, everyone!

popkin - Dec 21, 2004 7:38 pm (#13 of 17)

I'm very glad you are getting some well-deserved recognition for the excellent job you have done in keeping the forum informative, friendly and accessible to everyone. Congratulations Kip, Steve, Denise and all the moderators!

Carina - Jan 4, 2005 8:20 pm (#14 of 17)

WOOHOO!

My only concern is that they list the sites because they stopped theirs for "inappropriate" posting

BUT! the fact that we are obviously in the top four of sites for them to recommend us (and I agree that we ARE number one) says volumes about their confidence in us

Lina - Jan 12, 2005 2:45 pm (#15 of 17)

I'm not much of a forum person. One of the reasons for this are the forums that I've seen that are infested with mentioned "inappropriate posts". This is the first forum with more than 100 posts that is really simple to use and makes a person feel good by reading it. The rules of posting are quite clear and strict, the unregistered person is able to read them, so that he/she knows what he/she wants to register into. It is just great! And it requires a lot of hardworking for the moderators and I need to say that for a long time, I'm glad I have the opportunity: Great work, moderators! YOU ARE THE BEST!

Elfcat - Apr 7, 2005 9:52 am (#16 of 17)

Alphabetical, shmalphabetical, We're number 1!

pottermom34 - Apr 8, 2005 2:24 pm (#17 of 17)

Congratulations to the MOM (Moderators of Magic) of the Lexicon!!

Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top