Part A - St. Mungo's Roll Call Has Been Moved Here! (March 2003, to March 2004)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Posts 2451 to 2500

Post  Lady Arabella on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:27 am

Gina R Snape - Feb 6, 2004 2:11 am (#2451 of 2955)

Sorry to hear about the Angina, Blast. But I'm glad your wife is home.

Not to fear, I am happy to eat all the chocolate in your house if it'll help.

Viola Intonada - Feb 6, 2004 3:04 am (#2452 of 2955)

Blast, glad to hear your wife is back home. My condolences on the chocolate thing. I'm with Gina, more than happy to do my share in disposing of chocolate!! My best wishes to your wife, Blast.

Oh, Amy, could you please transform some seashells for me when we get there? I sure would appreciate it.

Welcome, Sabatoge! Here have some jello with some NECCO hearts.. hehehe

Can I be Captain of the Jello Submarine? Please, Please, Please????

All aboard the Jello Submarine... This is your Captain speaking. We ask that you deposit all sharp objects into the containers before entering. This includes all finger nail clippers. Due to the delicate materials of the subs it is imperative that all sharp objects be left behind. (Considering the passenger list, it is a VERY good idea to leave all sharp objects behind)

Tuba in Aruba!!!lol Now where did I leave that tuba?

Gina R Snape - Feb 6, 2004 3:09 am (#2453 of 2955)

Can I bring a plastic spoon? :evil grin:

Blast - Feb 6, 2004 3:27 am (#2454 of 2955)

Aruba- I think they speak Dutch there, will need a few interpretors, somebody contact Squiddy, we might need him. Although the Squidman likes sweet, so it may not be a good idea.

Istari Jones - Feb 6, 2004 3:29 am (#2455 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 5, 2004 7:30 pm

1). Just what is going on here? I was worried for a while that the ol' St. Mungo's thread wasn't as lively as it used to be and there are 24 - count'em - 24 new posts just today! It's Amazing! Just like magic! Is anyone suffering from anxiety about this thread hitting it's limit? (Wipes tear from her eye) This place was starting to get so good!

2). Will we need moving buddies? Frankly, a Durmstrang ship sounds perfectly exciting to me! I can practice being a pirate like Amy (Arrrggh! *cough cough*) On second thought, I'll just put on my Gnarly Vampire Biker Jacket and hop on my Hogsmeade Harley Hog for Aruba. I have room for one more person. Anyone want a lift? Unless I can ship it to Aruba on the Durmstrang ship, of course. Love those cruise ship ballroom dances!

As for the solid chocolate hippogriff, mmmmmmmm-boy! May I have a wing? And 'Newt, I'll volunteer to take a load of chocolate off your hands, also! Sorry to hewar the little woman has angina, but that's lots better than an MI. Tell her get well soon.

Welcome Sabotage! Have a bedpan! Just shake the knarl droppings out of it and you'll be ready to go! Wait, those aren't knarl droppings. What is that?

Pinky - Feb 6, 2004 3:35 am (#2456 of 2955)

Has anyone seen anything dark and round? I tried feeding canary creams to flobberworms... they are not yellow at all, and they are definitely not fast! I think something went horribly wrong....

Istari Jones - Feb 6, 2004 3:46 am (#2457 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 5, 2004 7:47 pm

Dark and round...dark and round...ummm, do they have legs, stingers, and crawl in a sideways fashion? Are they crawling up Marie's robes as we speak?

Gina R Snape - Feb 6, 2004 3:51 am (#2458 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 5, 2004 7:59 pm

Istari, is that David Thewliss in your avatar? Where is it from?

btw, I'm not too worried about the 'move' We are only going to another thread. It's not like they are going to give us back our wands and make us leave the ward forever...

PyroGrl - Feb 6, 2004 4:09 am (#2459 of 2955)

It looks a bit like Noah Wyle to me (without the beard).

Gina, they've already got me in chains. They said they're taking me far away from St. Mungo's!! *ulp* HELP MEEE!!

Istari Jones - Feb 6, 2004 4:16 am (#2460 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 5, 2004 8:21 pm

Yes, it is Gina! I found it on the David Thewlis website. I can't find any decent Lupin pictures from the upcoming POA movie anywhere. At least, different from the scant few that there are out there already. What I have seen mostly contain "Lupin" in the shadows, background, or just not a very good shot. I'm very disappointed that there are not more good photos of him from the movie out there. I hope this isn't an indication that the Lupin part is but a small role in the film, especially when Remus played such a big part in the POA book. He's actually my favorite character. If we do need to have moving buddies do you want to hook up? Severus would then have a former classmate with whom to talk.

If I copied it right: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9633

Blast - Feb 6, 2004 4:19 am (#2461 of 2955)

Why not? Moving is fun! What we need is a well-organized, thought-out plan for the move. Most of all we need people of sound mind... maybe we better contract the move out.

It's okay - those aren't knarl droppings, but I have seen a Killer Bunny hopping around lately.

Is there a Knight's Boat? If there is we could go waterskiing on the way to Aruba. They should have a Wizarding World cruise for valentines the love boat, Dumbledore could be the Captain. Then we could stop at Fatasy Island, Snape could be Mr. Roark and Griphook could be Tatoo. Gina - could Snape whip up some of his special tropical beverages for the trip?

Istari Jones - Feb 6, 2004 4:22 am (#2462 of 2955)

OK, KBR droppings. That makes more sense. He just wants to make sure we can find our way back here. You know... like leaving bread crumbs behind.

Hem Hem - Feb 6, 2004 7:38 am (#2463 of 2955)

Don't forget that the Jello Sub doubles up as a bus (or was it that we drove the bus into the wading pool.....?)! Either way, the Jello Sub can take us over to the new thread when the time comes.

Is the disco ball considered a sharp object? Because if we can't bring that, then I'm not going! *pouts*

Maré - Feb 6, 2004 8:20 am (#2464 of 2955)

I wanted to bring the discoball, but it's gone...!!! Eveybody look for the discoball, we can't leave Jackie behind!

Blast - Feb 6, 2004 11:13 am (#2465 of 2955)

The disco ball is what we're using as the quaffle. It’s in with the other quidditch balls.

Fawkes Forever - Feb 6, 2004 11:42 am (#2466 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 6, 2004 3:47 am

First of all, Whoops, sorry guys for using 'weird speak' as pointed out by Gina..... but hey, just think of it as me talking gibberish... well, I am in St Mungo’s.... bear with me

Welcome Sabby, just remember, don’t eat the jello... well unless you really want to, you have been warned. Hmm, this wall tastes nice ... *slurp* Emmmm, has anyone seen Pyro?

Oh a disco ball quaffle, we'll definitely need shades if that’s the case.... should blind the opposition with all those mirror squares reflecting the Aruban sunshine though!

Jackie is right... the yellow jello sub can transport us all to the new thread, that’s if you know how to get there.

Viola... even if you don’t. I’m sure the journey will be fun

* Viola dons the captains hat... & rings the bell... ding ding ... "All aboard!". Fawkes spies Gina slipping a spoon into her robes.... promises not to tell if she can borrow it too! Blast is skipping about humming 'the love boat'. Jackie & Maré are spinning around under the disco ball.... "oooh pretty". Ticker is chasing Sabby with a rubber chicken! Whats that I hear, has Abby snuck her bagpips on board? No wait, it’s just Lockhart, he’s singing with Blast! *

Oh Istari, where did you get that Pirate costume? You know, we should work that Pirate talk into a cheer for the game. "arr arr, me hearties" or "rar rar me hearties" *wiggles pom poms*

Oh dear.... I don’t want to scare you guys but, what is that crawling up the wall behind Pinky? Ahhhhh mutated flobber worms ... let’s hope they don’t like jello as much as they like lettuce!

Maré - Feb 6, 2004 2:25 pm (#2467 of 2955)

Found it!

Boy, you sure hid that thing well Blast! Cost me half a day to find it!

Fawkes Forever - Feb 6, 2004 3:45 pm (#2468 of 2955)

ooooooo pretty .........

Ticker - Feb 6, 2004 3:50 pm (#2469 of 2955)

<---will follow Lupin anywhere (most days of the month) blink, blink, sigh... (or Alan Rickman, or Mel Gibson, or ...)

Gina R Snape - Feb 6, 2004 4:35 pm (#2470 of 2955)

Fawkes, I didn't say you use weird speak. On the contrary...you speak English!

(But ssshhh, let's keep the poon-say as an ecret-say...)

Thewliss is definitely looking like a cutey in that photo. I'd follow him, so long as AR isn't around. But don't tell Severus. I'm still holding out waiting to see what he gives me for Valentine's this year.

Istari Jones - Feb 6, 2004 5:06 pm (#2471 of 2955)

Hey, Gina, back off or I'll tell! Actually if I thought it wouldn't be divorce court for me, I'd put my hubby's High School picture in here **smiles mischievously** He's much cuter and acts like Lupin, to boot!

Nix on the Aruba Tuba, Viola. We might accidentally be using the wrong one. According to the Wizard Cards I have seen, "Musidorsa Barkwith, 1520 - 1666. Composer of the Unfinished Wizarding Symphony which features an exploding tuba..." Not a good thing to have underwater in a Jello Submarine, perhaps!

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 6, 2004 5:31 pm (#2472 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 6, 2004 9:32 am

Hey! I found a box of sunglasses back here... they look weird though...they have yellow and red swirls on the lenses, and the top says X-ray Specs. Hmmmmm....

Fawkes Forever - Feb 6, 2004 6:07 pm (#2473 of 2955)

WOW Amy *puts on swirly specs* ....... emmm, *whispered* Gina, I can still see your spoon...

Ticker - Feb 6, 2004 8:09 pm (#2474 of 2955)

*Turns in baby nail clippers* I would give the rest of the hippogriff to anyone who could clip Aria's nails for me... eeeesh! Such little fingers!

Blast - Feb 6, 2004 8:57 pm (#2475 of 2955)

I found someone to help us move. He says he was born in New York, but he sounds like an Aussie. He also claims to be William Wallace reincarnated. Weird guy, so I guess he can help. Also said he was approached to play Mad Eye Moodie, I think we should get him some help, a little too much like Lockheart me thinks.

Liz Mann - Feb 6, 2004 9:41 pm (#2476 of 2955)

Um, if we don't get on the sub now, we're going to be late for our match! If we're late we'll forfeit!! Quick, hurry!

Istari Jones - Feb 6, 2004 10:25 pm (#2477 of 2955)

I call Shotgun!

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 6, 2004 10:38 pm (#2478 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 6, 2004 4:11 pm

Amy, I edited out a phrase that I felt was not appropriate for this forum. ~Pinky

There's something wrong for these glasses....

Blast - Feb 6, 2004 10:39 pm (#2479 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 6, 2004 2:50 pm

Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead. *sings* WE ALL LIVE IN A JELLO SUBMARINE. . .

Hey aren't those glasses from Weasley's, and if I'm not mistaken they belong to Severus. He had them at the Superbowl party, not that he needed them.

Viola Intonada - Feb 7, 2004 1:57 am (#2480 of 2955)

LOL, Blast!

Alright! Let's get this sub moving. All Aboard!

Wahoo, Aruba, here we come, even though it is without a tuba.

The Great Abbycadabra - Feb 7, 2004 3:58 am (#2481 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 6, 2004 7:58 pm

*wakes up and rubs head* Wow, I was out for a while. I hit my head after falling off of that human pyramid. At least I had on clean underwear under my kilt. By the way, I'm the piper that's getting down with her bad self on the right there.

So, we're back to the Jello Sub? Okie-dokie, let's get going. I think I have a grass skirt kilt somewhere.

Welcome, Sabby. I'm Abby. Heehee.

*plays that "Aruba, Jamaica" song on, gee, I wonder what?*

Blast - Feb 7, 2004 4:25 am (#2482 of 2955)

The song, Abby, is Cocomo, spelling who knows. When we get over Atlantis let me know, those merpeople that live there are real snobs, I have a special little torpedo just for them.

Gina R Snape - Feb 7, 2004 4:29 am (#2483 of 2955)

I like the merpeople. The really know how to accessorize.

*hides spoon deeper in pocket*

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 7, 2004 3:15 pm (#2484 of 2955)

Hey all!! It's my birthday today (passes around kazoos, fizzing whizbees and butterbeer to everyone)! Sorry I won't be around today (my muggle sister is taking out)... don't do anything fun with out me!

Istari Jones - Feb 7, 2004 3:48 pm (#2485 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 7, 2004 7:49 am

Happy Birthday, Abby! For your birthday you are getting...(wait for it...) a trip to Aruba! (Fireworks and Celebration music in the background) On a more personal note, I'll gladly give you my Shotgun seat on the Jello Submarine, a magical flying Kirby Vacuum Sweeper (sorry, they were out of Firebolts) and (reaches into magic pocket) your own lovely "Gilderoy Lockhart" fashion robes - lilac, of course, and this lovely collection of Gilderoy Lockhart Hair Care products, a can of chicken noodle soup, a roll of toilet paper, and this lovely used paper clip! Happy Birthday!!!

Liz Mann - Feb 7, 2004 4:30 pm (#2486 of 2955)

Erm, Istari, didn't you mean happy birthday Amy?

Amy! Here's a present and some cake. No, those aren't eyes. Honest.

Emily - Feb 7, 2004 7:22 pm (#2487 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 7, 2004 11:28 am

Happy Birthday, Amy!

Edit: Welcome, Sabby!

Edit 2: Ooh, the yellow jello submarine! Just don't let me near the walls, I'm hungry!

Edit 3: Yes, I copied the smilie from Liz. *ashamed*

Liz Mann - Feb 7, 2004 7:41 pm (#2488 of 2955)

No need to be ashamed, Emily.

Ticker - Feb 7, 2004 7:49 pm (#2489 of 2955)

*Blindly follows Blast & Mel onto the jello submarine*...

Yes, happy birthday Amy... sigh... OH, (snaps out of her trance) I mean here's your present. Hope you like the rubber-ducky floatation device I got you - not that you'll need it on the way, right Emily?

Liz Mann - Feb 7, 2004 7:51 pm (#2490 of 2955)

Okay, everyone, we're going! If you're not on board you'll have to take a broom there. *submarine sinks under the water*

Istari Jones - Feb 7, 2004 7:58 pm (#2491 of 2955)

Ooops, I did! Sorry, Amy! (Blushes tremendously while scratches out the wrong name on the gift tag, rewriting Amy on it...) That's why I count on handy dandy name tags. (Now if I could only read...)

Blast - Feb 8, 2004 1:34 am (#2492 of 2955)

Happy Birthday Amy, and don't have any fun without us.

Well, I’m crisp and clean and no caffeine. Have we got a backup in case the sub gets eaten? Hey, what's with these portholes? When you look out from them, all you see is a picture of Severus. BTW Gina, the Snape Beverage Balloon will be at the Quidditch match. Should be good for business because the Wizards of the Americas are having their annual convention in Aruba. I'm going to check on the engines they seem to be making a bit of noise.

Gina R Snape - Feb 8, 2004 3:44 am (#2493 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 7, 2004 7:45 pm

Happy birthday, Amy!!!!!!!!!! How does it feel to turn...?

blast, I am so flattered that you have taken such a consistent interest in the PR of Snape Beverages.

Severus has mentioned a consideration to make you an official PR person. No pay, of course. But all the Snape you can drink. And dinner once in a while with Severus and myself. The Leaky Cauldron serves a mean steak and chips. Very good with the dragonberry flavour.

Blast - Feb 8, 2004 6:11 am (#2494 of 2955)

Gina, what I would like to see is when JKR unveils book six, that instead of water, she has a bottle of her favorite Snape baverage beside her. Well - he is our sponsor, and we should support our sponsors. Hey - the engine consists of a treadmill and some house elves! Nobody give them clothes, or we'll be stuck here .

The Great Abbycadabra - Feb 8, 2004 7:09 am (#2495 of 2955)

LIZ! Why'd you have to go and mention Istari's name blunder? Now I'm out some presents. Eh, that's okay, I'll cheer myself up with some bagpipe birthday jams. Not a problem at all.

Here you go, Amy, genuine Happy Birthday Abbyfetti! Freshly made this morning. Enjoy! ,.';,'.;,;.,';.',.;',.;,';.,';.

*has John Williams conduct the bagpipe band to play a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday"*

Istari Jones - Feb 8, 2004 2:06 pm (#2496 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 8, 2004 6:08 am

*Rummages in pockets for presents for Abby*

Here, Abby! I have some things for you, too!

*digs deeper into pockets* Here's some Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans - earwax flavored, oh, and some vomit, sardine and (my personal favorite!) black pepper.

And here's *digs still deeper into pocket*...a pair of fuzzy pink slippers, ...some Hershey's chocolate, ...a toilet plunger, ...a Martin Miggs, the Mad Muggle comic book,

*...digs even deeper* an Order of Merlin, Third Class,

*sticks head into pocket*, a rabbit...wait a minute! What's KBR doing in there? and...some lint! Happy Birthday, Abby!

Blast - Feb 8, 2004 2:28 pm (#2497 of 2955)

Abby, even though it's not your birthday, why not give yourself some Abbyfetti? Hey, who wants to go waterskiing, the elves say that they're up to it.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 8, 2004 3:41 pm (#2498 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 8, 2004 7:42 am

Hey everyone, I'm back!! Thanks for all of the well wishes and great presents! I love the Abbyfetti, too! I brought everyone some of my cake, but as I was swimming down to re-join the sub, the giant Squid ate it all... oh well, it's just as well, since we wouldn't have been able to use forks! How long does it take us to get to Aruba?

wormsé - Feb 8, 2004 6:28 pm (#2499 of 2955)

Take a broomstick!?!? I think not! *ties suitcase onto foot and swims frantically... REALLY fast....* ::sings:: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.... I think I can, I think I can.... almost there... just a bit further.... come on... aaaaaaannnnnddd... *grabs ahold of the back of the jello submarine* Mwhahahahahaha!!!!

Liz Mann - Feb 8, 2004 6:56 pm (#2500 of 2955)

Wow, nice one, Linsday! But we're almost there so you might as well have swum the whole way.
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Posts 2501 to 2550

Post  Lady Arabella on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:30 am

Istari Jones - Feb 8, 2004 7:15 pm (#2501 of 2955)

Liz! I almost posted before you! Rats and double rats! You're #2500!! Congratulations!

prof sprout - Feb 8, 2004 8:24 pm (#2502 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 8, 2004 12:25 pm

How are all of my favorite residents doing? My, has this hospital grown in size. I don't know if you guys remember me or not, but I would help volunteer when I was available. Unfortunately I have not been able to volunteer lately because I got caught in the lime Jello lake that occurred from the riot months ago. I barely made it back to Hogwarts in time for the school year. For some reason you can't apparate in lime jello, but all is not lost from my experience, because I found the love of my life and will be getting married (real life, 6-11-05)!!

Don't worry, I'll still be able to teach at Hogwarts, and volunteer here. This is the first time I have been able to volunteer in a while because I was under investigation because of the horrible plant incident that had happened in St. Mungo’s, to the poor ministry worker. Just because I'm the herbology teacher, and friends with DD, all the nerve. But thankfully, I am able to be here again and see you guys. I hope everyone is doing well. Prof "Jenna" Sprout

Blast - Feb 8, 2004 8:51 pm (#2503 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 8, 2004 12:53 pm

The periscope is working fine, I can see Aruba and there's the Durnstrange ship. What does this red button do?
**pushes it, releases topedo explosion sound**

Uh oh, where's the brig? I'll just put myself in. I've been a very bad boy.

Emily - Feb 8, 2004 9:23 pm (#2504 of 2955)

Land ho! But wait a minute... It's covered in ice. Is it supposed to be? And who was steering?

Marie E. - Feb 8, 2004 9:30 pm (#2505 of 2955)

Welcome back, prof sprout! Of course we remember you. And after all the jello you fed us to "calm" us, it serves you right to be stuck in it for awhile.

prof sprout - Feb 8, 2004 9:34 pm (#2506 of 2955)

Well, I didn't want to feed you the jello, it was part of my volunteering duties. They always told me it would help you get better. But come to think of it, Lucius (sp?) had been visiting the coordinator when they first started giving out lime jello. hmmm curious, I wonder if he has stock in that company?

Marie E. - Feb 8, 2004 9:37 pm (#2507 of 2955)

A-ha! I suspected this all along. Do you suppose he found out who made all the outrageous charges to his account?

prof sprout - Feb 8, 2004 9:47 pm (#2508 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 8, 2004 1:47 pm

No clue. Actually, I don't believe anyone knows who the owner of the company who makes green Jello that used to be passed out. You know... around the time that the Malfoy boy joined the Quiddich team is when St. Mungo’s started passing out the green jello. I remember the stock prices flew up in the Jello market. Hmm, I wonder if Malfoy made any big purchases or donations. I wonder?

Liz Mann - Feb 8, 2004 10:00 pm (#2509 of 2955)

Congratulations on getting married, Prof Sprout!

I don't believe it!! We're in Iceland, not Aruba!! WHO WAS DRIVING???!!!!

We'll have to go at full speed or we'll miss the game! Hold on everybody! *sets submarine to full speed, the sub gives a lurch, knocking everyone off their feet, and zooms off through the water*

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 8, 2004 10:24 pm (#2510 of 2955)

I distinctly remember setting the auto pilot before we left! Somebody must have tampered with the controls... wasn't Blast just caught messing with the buttons on the control panel?

prof sprout - Feb 8, 2004 10:31 pm (#2511 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 8, 2004 2:32 pm

Where did everyone go? I heard a couple of people singing that nice Beatles song, before disappearing. But they had the words wrong "its yellow submarine". Some were also singing the Beach boy song Kokomo. They need to play more muggle music, in the corridors. It makes such a nice atmosphere.

PyroGrl - Feb 8, 2004 10:51 pm (#2512 of 2955)

Hello. Camp was great. Smile. Relaxing...

I just heard Billy Boyd sing (he was Pippin from LOTR). He's good! Wow!!

Liz Mann - Feb 8, 2004 11:39 pm (#2513 of 2955)

Well, he sang in RotK.

Blast, was it you who set us off course? *glares*

Gina R Snape - Feb 9, 2004 12:30 am (#2514 of 2955)

professor sprout, I'm sorry to say I don't remember you. But I'm happy you're back nonetheless. Congratulations on your nuptuals. Perhaps one day you and I can swap stories. Severus and I had a beautiful wedding, you know.

I hope the Jello Submarine doesn't freeze over. Then again, maybe it will make it more difficult for whoever keeps messing with the controls!

Istari Jones - Feb 9, 2004 12:43 am (#2515 of 2955)

*Climbs in through the top hole-thingy of the submarine in a swimsuit*

J-J-Jeepers C-Creepers! W-W-Who the h-heck took us t-to Iceland!?! (Chips icicles off the end of her nose, ears, and elbows) Do n-not - I repeat - do N-N-NOT try s-sunbathing in Iceland t-t-territorial waters! I wanted to get t-tan, not b-b-b-blue!

Gina, can S-S-S-Severus make a hot t-t-t-toddy with S'n-S'n-S'nog or hot ch-chocolate? I'm f-freezing!

Nice t-to see you again, Prof. Sp-Sp-Sprout!

Kip Carter - Feb 9, 2004 12:48 am (#2516 of 2955)

Gina,

If you search on both this Forum and the Lexicon Forum or click on Prof Sprout, you will notice that she was very active and was very active with the Forums before you started posting.

Istari Jones - Feb 9, 2004 1:04 am (#2517 of 2955)

Hello, Kip! Nice to see our Mysterious Financial Security Officer, head biker of the Gnarly Vampire Biker Club, and all around good guy still coming to see us here at St. Mungo's! Have a bedpan!

Blast - Feb 9, 2004 1:45 am (#2518 of 2955)

I didn't touch the auto pilot, honest, I just released a torpedo that sank that ship. It was the elves - they got mad when I went waterskiing. It’s okay, we can just put a picture up of Mrs. Black she'll get those elves working.

Blast - Feb 9, 2004 3:24 am (#2519 of 2955)

Hey, we’re on the right course - we just past Newfoundland **blows kisses to daughter waving from shore**

If we keep this pace, we'll be there in no time.

Viola Intonada - Feb 9, 2004 4:00 am (#2520 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 8, 2004 8:03 pm

I must apologize. It was my fault we went off course. *digs toe into ground, pushes out lower lip, looking quite ashamed* There was just such a lovely fishy that floated around like a butterfly, I just started following it.....

I'm so sorry, I will start up our hyperdrive to make up for lost time. Now where is that green button, it has to be here somewhere..... Are you sure, Blast, that we are headed in the correct direction? There are some whales up head, we could ask for directions. Does anyone here speak whale?

Welcome back Prof. Sprout!!!!!! Congratulations on your engagement!!!

Happy Belated Birthday Amy!! Sorry I missed it while I was following the fishy.

How long can we stay in Aruba? Can we stay until Tax Season is over? Please, pretty pllleeeaasssee, please, please, please??????

Gina R Snape - Feb 9, 2004 4:53 am (#2521 of 2955)

Aaawwww, Kip. I wasn't doubting her. Just acknowledging my own memory failures. I've been around since a month after the forum began here. But I can't remember everyone! I can't even remember all my students' names, and there are only 23 of them this semester!

Istari, Severus is more than happy to make you a hot Snog. Here, have three. You are looking very, very cold, poor dear.

Istari Jones - Feb 9, 2004 5:23 am (#2522 of 2955)

Tell Severus thanks, I'm feeling better already. Dare I ask what he put in these? No, wait, I don't think I really want to know.

Remind me again why we didn't all just take a portkey to Aruba? Admittedly we're all just a bunch of wild and crazy guys and girls (Sorry, I mean ladies), but there is a fine line between insanity and common sense.

Of course, you can't have this much fun in a port key!

Maré - Feb 9, 2004 10:38 am (#2523 of 2955)

Remind me again why we didn't all just take a portkey to Aruba?

Erm.. wasn't it something like: "The journey itself is the destination."

Besides, after the icy shores of Iceland you will appreciate Aruba even more!

Blast - Feb 9, 2004 11:09 am (#2524 of 2955)

Watch before you put the sub in hyperdrive, the engine elves are a little sensitive.

Fawkes Forever - Feb 9, 2004 4:14 pm (#2525 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 9, 2004 8:15 am

*Fawkes has been standing very quiet in the corner (well as much of a corner as a sub has)... very unlike herself..... & is secretly relieved to hear that it was Viola’s butterfly fish that caused the jello sub to veer off course & not the lime jello that 'someone' dropped off a spoon whilst said person was leaning over the navigation equipment, looking out of the window at the mid atlantic ridge!** Tum tee tum ....

Happy belated birthday Amy, so sorry I missed it... I was emmmm, otherwise engaged... (no I wasn't hiding in the corner after a 'few' sparks flew out of the navigation console!)

I think we decided against a portkey, as this way, we could ensure everyone got here.... besides.... this is a lot more fun....

*Sub goes into hyperdrive... Those not already strapped are pushed into the back way by the G force** Next stop, Arubaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Emm does anyone else smell that burnt jello smell??

Jim the Potty - Feb 9, 2004 5:28 pm (#2526 of 2955)

Its a good thing sloths can swim *shakes off excess water, spreading the wet sloth smell (similar to wet dog)*

Hey, does the quidditch team need a furry mascot?

prof sprout - Feb 9, 2004 5:38 pm (#2527 of 2955)

Gina, I used to feed you green Jello, and pudding. Especially in the choo choo form. I was one of the only supervisors (although I was only a volunteer). Sam started growing an extra hand and glowing after he stripped down and rolled in the Jello. Everyone had to be checked for radiation. You had always thought that I was the one who made the Jello. It was my orders to give it to the residents. And the evil purple sloth was leaving purple hair everywhere in the hall. It’s okay if you don't remember me, either one of the staff or a resident might have done a memory charm. prof sprout

Gina R Snape - Feb 9, 2004 6:16 pm (#2528 of 2955)

Aha! You see. Lasting effects of the jello.

I hope you've learned to question the authority of the St. Mungo's higher ups!

Viola Intonada - Feb 9, 2004 7:09 pm (#2529 of 2955)

Well, Prof. Sprout, you are going to have your volunteer work cut out for you here. All of the staff seems to have disappeared......

According to the fizzling navigation instruments we should be in sight of Aruba now. Everyone take a look out the port side. Do you see any palm trees yet?

Oh no, I should have told you to take turns! Not everyone at once.

*Hangs on while sub veers out of control*

HELP!!!!!!

prof sprout - Feb 9, 2004 7:27 pm (#2530 of 2955)

*Searching around form many of the residents. **

What are all you guys doing the kitchen, inside the huge couldren that used to be used to mix all the jello. It’s even been tipped over. My, my I didn't miss this part of my job. If you want to "go" to Aruba we can charm the windows in the one ward, to be like a beach.

Maré - Feb 9, 2004 7:57 pm (#2531 of 2955)

MUTINY!

Somebody is calling our jello submarine a cauldron!
What do we do with mutineers???

Gina R Snape - Feb 9, 2004 8:03 pm (#2532 of 2955)

What do we do with mutineers?!?! Throw them overboard of course!!!!

*Poor prof sprout suddenly finds herself in a giant bathtub full of bubbling bat(h) oil*

prof sprout - Feb 9, 2004 8:05 pm (#2533 of 2955)

Come on Maré,

We've already enchanted the former LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M READING ward to look like Aruba. We have surfboard bedpans. Come on residents, lets go.

Fawkes Forever - Feb 9, 2004 8:07 pm (#2534 of 2955)

Perhaps Prof Sprout is the only sane one here, who can see the sub for what it really is???

Nah..... how could we all be wrong.... Oh the sea is getting bluer... a lighter shade of blue that it... oh is that a palm tree I see .... woohooo.... *jingling tropical music drifts over the sea* Yes indeedy it's the Aruban arrows (is that their name?) team steel band.....

**grabs grass skirt & starts a hula round the sub**

prof sprout - Feb 9, 2004 8:09 pm (#2535 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 9, 2004 12:12 pm

Ouch, that stuff is hot, you don't want me to have to report to the coordinator, if "big brother" isn't already watching. He might bring back something like the jello again. Malfoy still visits frequently. They are close friends, but with the coordinator, money talks, and the residents are sedated (sp). I don't want to pass out any more "jello" substance. But they might just put it in the food. Since other volunteers have been attacked who tried to pass it out.

Liz Mann - Feb 9, 2004 8:36 pm (#2536 of 2955)

All of the staff seems to have disappeared......

If there were any around, we left them behind at the hospital when we came here! I, er, conveniantly forgot to leave a note saying where we were going. Of course, that means we'll have a lot of trouble when we get back, but it also means they won't follow and disrupt the game.

Remind me again why we didn't all just take a portkey to Aruba?

Because I've set up a grand entrance! The game takes place right next to the sea. We're going to come up out of the water, waving our St Mungo's flag (with a picture of a bowl of jello on it). The champions have arrived!! (We'd better be the champions or we won't get... what did I say was the prize again?)

We're here, guys! Raise the flag!

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 9, 2004 8:37 pm (#2537 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 9, 2004 12:40 pm

HA! That won't affect me, Prof. Sprout... I have spent the past few years building up an immunity to iocane...I mean Jello powder! Hahahaha!

Viola Intonada - Feb 9, 2004 8:41 pm (#2538 of 2955)

LOL, Amy!

Wahoo! Bedpan surfing here I come!! Last one in is a rotten egg.

prof sprout - Feb 9, 2004 8:50 pm (#2539 of 2955)

Viola made it first, so she gets to choose her bedpan first. No need for life jackets, there is a giant squid floating around in there to make sure no one drowns. You know in an odd sort of way he reminds me of the headmaster. Oh well, back on subject. There is also water quidditch (similar to real quidditch but played on surfing bedpans, and the snitch can go under water.

Let’s go, don't for get your sun screen.

Liz Mann - Feb 9, 2004 9:47 pm (#2540 of 2955)

Don't spend too long in the water, we've got a game to play.

PyroGrl - Feb 9, 2004 11:41 pm (#2541 of 2955)

While you guys sit and freeze, I have my own ways of staying warm. *evil grin* I LOVE pyrokinesis.

Well, I managed to sneak away yesterday and went for a walk along the shores and visiting the grave of Keiko, aka Free Willy, and sat and honored him and worshiped him and I left a little dreamcatcher I made for him there. I hope he notices. Then I was spotted by a Healer and dragged back to our..."home".

Blast - Feb 10, 2004 12:33 am (#2542 of 2955)

Mutineers are handled in the same way they did for hundreds of year - keelhauling. Too bad that the Durmstrang ship went down. This adventure reminds me of Cuckoos Nest - good thing that I borrowed some of the staff I.D.s and some St. Mungo's robes. We can all pretend that we are at a medical conference. Anyone care for a cold refreshing Snape beverage with an umbrella in it? Surfs up, dudes, last one in is a knarl.

PyroGrl - Feb 10, 2004 12:52 am (#2543 of 2955)

I am on a Finding Nemo craze right now. Hmm.

Istari Jones - Feb 10, 2004 1:35 am (#2544 of 2955)

Woo-Hoo!!! Viola, sign me up for the Water Quidditch! Do the snitches leap in and out of the water like flying fish or dolphins? What do we use as bludgers? Coconuts? ^_^

Say, Gina, do you and the better half have any suntanning oil? Maybe I won't get frostbitten this time. Love those surfin' bedpans! Surfing Surfari! If so, it'll be a lot of fun, fun, fun doing old Beach Boys songs to our favorite St. Mungo's themes. Oooo, and I'd like a chilled dragonberry beverage with a touch of wolfsbane ewith a little unbrella in it.

Gee., 'Newt, if we're here on a medical conference we can demonstrate our new bedpans!

prof sprout - Feb 10, 2004 1:43 am (#2545 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 9, 2004 5:44 pm

Unfortunately because some of the residents have had head trauma, our bludgers are going to kick balls, they can still knock you off your bedpan surfboard, since they are harder to balance on than brooms. The quaffle will be a small beach ball. So pick your teams and let’s get ready play. Game starts in 2 minutes.

PyroGrl - Feb 10, 2004 1:52 am (#2546 of 2955)

Great, I have to swim to catch the Snitch. Lovely.

Blast - Feb 10, 2004 1:59 am (#2547 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 9, 2004 6:01 pm

Pyro you create a diversion, and we'll feed Prof Sprout to the seagulls, mine, mine, mine, I love that part in Nemo. I don't have any suntan lotion, but I still have some Snoat if anybody's interested.

PyroGrl - Feb 10, 2004 2:05 am (#2548 of 2955)

Wait a second...where are we?

Blast - Feb 10, 2004 2:37 am (#2549 of 2955)

We're in Aruba for a Quidditch match, and some well deserved surf and sun, and also we are here on St. Mungo's business, a few conferences, a few cocktail parties, we should check out the casino.

Gina R Snape - Feb 10, 2004 3:07 am (#2550 of 2955)

Istari, my other half won't go near a bottle of tanning lotion. I like him pale as alabastar anyway.

Woohoo, Aruba! *grabs flying bedpan and whizzes around*

Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Go Maniacs!!!

Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Posts 2551 to 2600

Post  Lady Arabella on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:34 am

Cliff Hamaker - Feb 10, 2004 4:40 am (#2551 of 2955)

Aruba.... Bahama... Has this joke already been said? I didn't feel like reading all THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THREE new posts... My, aren't we prolific.

Aruba.... aRUba........ aruBAH......

I like the second way best.

Well, I guess I should be cheering on the team? Yeah? ok... Um....

Rah, rah, go team go.... Right... Enthusiasm. RAH RAH GO TEAM GO! How about that?

Blast - Feb 10, 2004 5:12 am (#2552 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 9, 2004 9:14 pm

Who are we playing again? We could use a casaba melon for a quaffle. Coconuts for the Bludgers and one of those little tropical hummingbirds for the snitch.

The Great Abbycadabra - Feb 10, 2004 5:50 am (#2553 of 2955)

Thanks, Istari, for the birthday presents. I'll be expecting more when my real birthday comes round. Heehee.

Here's some early birthday Abbyfetti for myself: ',.;,';.',;.',.;';, Yippee!!

Fawkes Forever - Feb 10, 2004 9:10 am (#2554 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 1:13 am

We're playing Aruba, I've forgotten their name so I just called them the Aruban Arrows.... I've also forgotten what the prize was.... *goldfish memory* Hey where am I.... ooooh who are you guys... Just kidding (I think) *Hands Cliff some pom poms....*

Would you like an outfit to match Cliff? Severus loves his.... I have a spare if you want to borrow one.....

**in honour of canary snitch, Fawkes bursts into a chorus of 'Yellow Bird sings high in banana tree', then remembers that it got eaten on the journey, instead launches into a verse of the Maniacs Melody**

Come on Abby.... play those pipes, 'Everyone's a fruit & nut case, The Maniacs are really tearing up the place.......'

Istari Jones - Feb 10, 2004 12:32 pm (#2555 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 4:33 am

Cliff! Nice to see you found a portkey to get here, but you did miss a nice Jello submarine ride here, (via Iceland...)

You're welcome, Abby! For you real birthday you get the boxes your gifts came in (Ha!)

Here's some zinc oxide for your sweetie's nose, then, Gina. We don't want him to burn, now, do we?

*River dances very fast...*

"I'm a Ma-niac, MA-niac on the field, and I'm flying like I've never flown before..."

prof sprout - Feb 10, 2004 1:51 pm (#2556 of 2955)

I love that part of the movie, also. (mine, mine) But Blast End, play nice. You don't want to feed me to the seagull, I'm here on special assignment. And I'm just a volunteer. If the coordinator had his way he would have put all of you in those muggle straight jackets. But the headmaster convinced him otherwise. But, unfortunately Malfoy is friends with him. Would rather have me or Buella Balbricker (Gym teacher from Porky's). ‘Cause you know she works here. So please play nice.

Fawkes Forever - Feb 10, 2004 2:41 pm (#2557 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 6:42 am

Oh mummy I'm scared...... *mental note.... be nice to Prof Sprout *

Wow... look at Istari go .... Yeee haaaa! Maniac... Man-i-ac on the quidditch pitch..... *Severus leaps unto the side lines ala Michael Flatley....*

Gosh the boy sure can move (Sev, not Michael... hee hee) Gina you should be proud.... or less scared, I'm not quite sure yet.... but I reckon he might do some damage with those flailing limbs ....

Lets hula everyone ....

prof sprout - Feb 10, 2004 5:37 pm (#2558 of 2955)

Fawkes

Love your animations. Everyone river dance when the Aruba arrows make a goal. Great cheering Fawkes.

Keep up the great playing

Gina R Snape - Feb 10, 2004 6:27 pm (#2559 of 2955)

If you don't mind, Severus and I will just stand in the corner and watch. We're not much for dancing. Good thing he brought his summer robes. :Phew!: It's hot here.

Fawkes Forever - Feb 10, 2004 7:20 pm (#2560 of 2955)

Ah now Gina.... can't you just picture 'ol Sev in his sparkly dancing costume.... flinging his legs about like they where made of rubber..... No? Oh well, perhaps it's just my warped mind

Oh here comes the team.... mount your bed pans guys.... Istari, we're going to need our Water Girl... as Gina said, it's Hot, Hot, Hot! You did remember the hose? If not we can fill up the spare bedpans & empty them over peoples heads if they over heat.... fill them up with water that is! Would you like some Pom Poms, Prof Sprout.... ?

*Team mounts brooms....*

Annnnd they're off.... WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ......... these bedpans are fun

prof sprout - Feb 10, 2004 7:24 pm (#2561 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 11:29 am

Fawkes, Pom poms would be great, I love showing team spirit. Gina you don't have to river dance if you don't want to.

Oh someone started the wave _-'-__-'-_

Go, Arrows go!

Liz Mann - Feb 10, 2004 7:55 pm (#2562 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 11:56 am

Where's Marie? *throws Quaffle to Amy*

Marie E. - Feb 10, 2004 8:49 pm (#2563 of 2955)

*floats by on an inflatable chair*

Excellent catch by Maniacs darling Amy!

*sips more butterbeer*

PyroGrl - Feb 10, 2004 11:06 pm (#2564 of 2955)

I SEE IT!!! THE SNITCH!!!

Blast - Feb 10, 2004 11:10 pm (#2565 of 2955)

Hey it looks like someone hit Snape with a jellylegs curse. Look at that man go. He's got feet on fire today. Wow they should remake Saturday Night Fever . . . *catches the quaffle and sends it to Liz* . . .starring Snape, and call it Saturday Night Batty. Yahoo Liz scored.

PyroGrl - Feb 10, 2004 11:15 pm (#2566 of 2955)

**Dives into water after the Snitch**

Marie E. - Feb 10, 2004 11:21 pm (#2567 of 2955)

-Seeker pyro dives fearlessly after the snitch. She looks fetching in the swimsuit, by the way.

Liz Mann - Feb 10, 2004 11:26 pm (#2568 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 3:26 pm

Go, Pyro, go, go, GO!

Emily - Feb 10, 2004 11:31 pm (#2569 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 3:32 pm

Go Pyro, GO!

PyroGrl - Feb 10, 2004 11:44 pm (#2570 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 3:45 pm

Going...going...SHARK!!!!!! *grabs Snitch and zooms out of water*

AHHHHHH!! HEEEEELLLPPP MEEEEE!!

Gina R Snape - Feb 11, 2004 12:59 am (#2571 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 5:00 pm

*sends an oxygen hex to the shark, compelling him to go back in the water*

Go Pyro!!! Go Pyro!!!

*turns around and cancels the jellylegs curse on Snape*

People!!! If you torture my husband again, I'll...I'll...I'l...well, I don't know what I'll do. But what's worse, I don't know what HE will do.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 11, 2004 2:21 am (#2572 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 6:21 pm

Pyro caught the snitch? Is the game over? Does this grass skirt go OVER my robes or UNDER them?

Marie E. - Feb 11, 2004 2:30 am (#2573 of 2955)

I would say over, but that's just me. You do have a matching lei, don't you? Or are leis a faux pas in Aruba?

Istari Jones - Feb 11, 2004 4:32 am (#2574 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 10, 2004 8:33 pm

(Sung to the tune of "Go, go, Gophers")

Go, go, Pyro, watch her go, go ,go!

Go, go, Pyro, watch her go, go, go!

There goes Amy with the Quaffle,

Sand in swimsuits just feels awful,

Go, go Pyro, watch her go, go, go!

Go, go Pyro, watch her go, go, go!

Great game, everyone! Let's hit the showers! Or better yet the beach!

*Cranks up the radio in preparation for a terrific clam bake*

**bbbbbzzkkrkkbbbzzz*** "...are suspected to be heading to Jamaica. If seen notify authorities immediately. Repeating: Your attention! Be on the look out for escaped inmates from St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries..."

Hey, you guys...listen to this!

...were last seen near Iceland's Territorial waters heading southwest toward Aruba. If seen, contact the Magical Law Enforcement Agency immediately. They are described as armed with bedpans and are extremely dangerous...no, sorry, they are just very annoying. The escaped inmates go by the following aliases: Marie E., Pyro, Gina R. Snape, Blast End Newt, Prof. Sprout, Madame Pomfrey, Fawkes Forever, ...

Did we need a pass to leave St. Mungo's? Maybe a Passport? I think I left mine back in my room...

...Amy Alpin, Emily, Liz Mann. If seen do not approach unless offering green Jello. Again, they are suspected to be heading to Jamaica. If seen, notify authorities immediately."

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 11, 2004 4:39 am (#2575 of 2955)

Woo Hoo!!! We're Famous!!!!

Blast - Feb 11, 2004 5:07 am (#2576 of 2955)

Gina, just before Snape started doing the Watusi, I saw a wand shoot a red beam come from behind you on the left. I didn't get a good look but he was wearing a straw hat, very tall, and wearing a goatskin bathing suit.

Way to go Pyro, your best ever catch yet. Great bludger work out there!

BTW we're safe here because Aruba does not have a deal with our Ministry of Magic about returning escaped eccentrics.

Fawkes Forever - Feb 11, 2004 9:48 am (#2577 of 2955)

I've always wanted to be on the radio.... hee hee! Hey isn't it a good thing I brought some Disillusionment Charms cleverly disguised as a carton of eggs.... If the Ministry do come looking for us, we can just crack them over our heads & the sub.... & voila... we're invisible(ish).... *crack* whoops dropped one.... & it's a bit smelly... maybe I picked up the wrong pack.... AHHH, these are eggs! *runs off into sub to check the fridge for another carton.... but there are none there* Whoops, I thought that omlette tasted a bit funny last night.... Oh dear.... what to do?

Pinky - Feb 11, 2004 1:04 pm (#2578 of 2955)

No!!!!! Let go of me, Pyro, I'm not the snitch! I've been chain-eating Canary Creams and I flew to Aruba, since I missed the jello submarine. It's just going to take a little while to molt back to my usual self. I'm not the snitch.......!

prof sprout - Feb 11, 2004 3:38 pm (#2579 of 2955)

If Pinky is not the snitch, then GAME ON!! Don't worry everyone will have a pass, I contacted them and told them I wasn't kidnapped, and you had proper supervision.

Fawkes Forever - Feb 11, 2004 4:01 pm (#2580 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 11, 2004 8:01 am

Woohoooo, Prof Sprout saves the day.... Here, have some honeydukes chocolate! Now, back to the cheers...
Go Go Man-i-acs.... give me an M.....

prof sprout - Feb 11, 2004 4:21 pm (#2581 of 2955)

Pyro-

I don't want to take anything away from your magnificent catch, but since Pinky wasn't the snitch, it means you get to play more, and not have to go back to St. Mungo’s yet. If you guys are able to play well, we might be able to have tourneys, and have more away games. Wouldn't that be a nice break?

**Oh my there goes that Sir Streaker**

He streaked across the Super bowl earlier this year. I think he's after the snitch or the quaffle.

Gina R Snape - Feb 11, 2004 6:14 pm (#2582 of 2955)

Thanks for the tip, Blast! *looks about for the culprit*

Woohoo, Prof Sprout has saved the day!!!

* knocks a bludger into the radio, preventing further transmission of false information*

Liz Mann - Feb 11, 2004 9:13 pm (#2583 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 11, 2004 1:16 pm

QUICK! EVERYONE GET BACK ON THE PITCH! ARUBANS ARE SCORING GOALS IN OUR ABSENCE! YOU FIENDS! *shakes firsts at Arbuban Chasers*

Wait a minute... you're not the Arubans! You're the Slytherins! Well, that explains the cheating! I wonder where the real Arubans are?

Come on, everyone, let's go find them.

Emily - Feb 11, 2004 9:21 pm (#2584 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 11, 2004 1:22 pm

Go Pyro Again! Come on,Pyro, come on!

And Pinky, what were you doing underwater where Pyro caught you, in bird form?

Liz Mann - Feb 11, 2004 9:39 pm (#2585 of 2955)

Play is suspended until we find the Slytherins.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 11, 2004 10:14 pm (#2586 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 11, 2004 2:14 pm

I found them! I caught them licking our jello submarine! What should we do with them?? By the way, the other team can't have scored because I hid the quaffle in my bedpan! What they're using is really just a beach ball... Where's the ref???

Maré - Feb 11, 2004 10:43 pm (#2587 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 11, 2004 2:43 pm

Forget the ref, it was some Aruban guy and he got bribed. Where's the snitch? We need to win this game if we want to participate in the Global Championships of Flying Goodies (GCoFG)!

Pinky - Feb 11, 2004 11:26 pm (#2588 of 2955)

Emily, flying all the way from wherever St. Mungo's is to Aruba made me "glow." (Feminine word for "sweat.") I was just cooling off, when Pyro appeared. I'm just going to hide over there in a palm tree until I molt.

Blast - Feb 11, 2004 11:34 pm (#2589 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 11, 2004 3:35 pm

Call a time out...... Pssst, Pyro it worked once, it can work again. I brought a spare snitch with me just in case. Here, I’m letting it go.

PyroGrl - Feb 11, 2004 11:36 pm (#2590 of 2955)

Whoot!! **Spins in circles**

prof sprout - Feb 12, 2004 12:05 am (#2591 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 11, 2004 4:07 pm

Whoa, there are two snitches floating around now. It lengthens the game, If both teams capture a snitch each, we will have to have a tie breaker. Go Maniacs

Viola Intonada - Feb 12, 2004 12:34 am (#2592 of 2955)

Boy, look at all that I missed while chasing a butterfly down the field. Wow!

*Blows whistle*

Stop, Stop! Two snitches on the field. Time out while one is removed.

*Removes one of the snitches, hides it in pocket *

Okay, GAME ON!

PyroGrl - Feb 12, 2004 1:25 am (#2593 of 2955)

I have installed a Muggle TV on my bedpan and I am watching Celebrity Jeopardy. "I know kung fu!" "For the last time Mr Reeves, you do NOT know kung fu!"

prof sprout - Feb 12, 2004 1:39 am (#2594 of 2955)

Viola caught one snitch, so if the maniacs catch the other one, it will be a hands-down win. Just make sure you don't grab Pinky, she is already tired from her long flight.

Be careful with the muggle contraption, you might get zapped if you go underwater again for the snitch.

prof sprout - Feb 12, 2004 1:40 am (#2595 of 2955)

The answer is "best sport on bedpans" What is the question?

PyroGrl - Feb 12, 2004 1:51 am (#2596 of 2955)

Alex Trebek: Is the hot tea hot or cold?

Keanu Reeves: Uh...is it iced tea?

Alex Trebek: NO!

Keanu Reeves: Well then, I have no idea.

I SEE THE SNI--no, that's Pinky. Or is it? **flies closer** Hmmm. You might want to stay a safe distance away, Pinky, or else I might mistake you for the Snitch again!

Gina R Snape - Feb 12, 2004 3:50 am (#2597 of 2955)

The Slytherins were licking the Jello Submarine? But, but, but... I'm a Slytherin!

*Licks spoon and sticks it back in my pocket*

Pinky - Feb 12, 2004 3:54 am (#2598 of 2955)

*gives feathers a vigorous shake and finally molts*

Whew! It's good to be back to my regular self. Pyro, now you can catch anything yellow and fast - it's bound to be the snitch! I'll join the cheerleaders on the side. gO mAnIaCs! Go MaNiAcS!

Istari Jones - Feb 12, 2004 4:09 am (#2599 of 2955)

What are the Slytherins doing in Aruba? And weren't we playing the Aruba Arrows? Did I fall into a time warp?

Wait, Viola, what if the snitch you put in your pocket wasn't a snitch but someone who has eaten a canary cream? (Goes looking for a popcorn stand)

Istari Jones - Feb 12, 2004 4:09 am (#2600 of 2955)

Whoaaa! Wait! I'm # 2600!

Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Posts 2601 to 2650

Post  Lady Arabella on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:36 am

Viola Intonada - Feb 12, 2004 4:36 am (#2601 of 2955)

If it is not a snitch, Istari, then I will keep in as my pet and call it "squishy".

*Goes off chasing butterfly, catches a butterfly, realizes it is really the snitch. Releases it, walks away, whistling inconspiculously, looking as innocent as possible, hoping no one saw anything...*

Marie E. - Feb 12, 2004 4:43 am (#2602 of 2955)

I tried to commentate for this event, but gave up. Could those of you who have eaten canary creams please stay on the sidelines so pyro can find the snitch?

*paddles with one hand so the inflatable chair floats in circles*

prof sprout - Feb 12, 2004 5:06 pm (#2603 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 12, 2004 9:08 am

Viola, you should be the back-up seeker, if pyro is ever injured or her playing is restricted. You seem pretty good at catching the snitches. Pyro would have made an excellent catch, but unfortunately the snitch was a victim of canary creams.

Oh and Viola, double check out make sure it isn't a canary cream victim, because if it is, when it molts he'll be in your pocket, and it will break.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 12, 2004 7:38 pm (#2604 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 12, 2004 11:39 am

Does it count as a fair shot if I go through the hoop myself while holding the quaffle? GINA! If you keep that up, we won't be able to take the jello submarine back to St. Mungo's!

Wait! What am I saying? Have another spoon!

Viola Intonada - Feb 12, 2004 9:15 pm (#2605 of 2955)

Prof. Sprout, I lose so many good pockets that way!

Liz Mann - Feb 12, 2004 10:56 pm (#2606 of 2955)

I can see this game going on for a loooong time!

Sabotage - Feb 12, 2004 11:45 pm (#2607 of 2955)

Mmmm... they moved me again. I couldn't talk for a while because I had totally forgotten where the site was... oh yes! Now I remember! I bookmarked it. La la la la la la... hello? Where am I? Lumos! Limolos! Blast darned wand! *shakes wand* Blast, Blast! *wand erupts into millions of little flying kittens* Uh oh... now they'll move me again...Where am I?

Emily - Feb 13, 2004 12:12 am (#2608 of 2955)

Yes, Liz. I think it might be a Bedpan Quidditch record!

Sabotage - Feb 13, 2004 12:40 am (#2609 of 2955)

Bedpan Quidditch?

prof sprout - Feb 13, 2004 12:54 am (#2610 of 2955)

Sabotage, Many of the residents are in Aruba right now competing in the water Quidditch game. Since St. Mungo’s has restrictions on Broom use for residents they have to use enchanted bedpans. Water quidditch is very similiar to regular quidditch except here it is played on flying/surfboard bedpans (bedpans have been a very valuable magical instrument in St. Mungo’s.) The bludgers are softer balls more like kick balls since it is hard to stay balanced anyway on a bedpan. Also the snitch is able to go underwater. Earlier I think the Snitch was flying around the Giant Squid, who is there to protect any resident from drowning. But since Pyro was in a different direction and the Aruba Arrows seeker was closer I didn't say anything. The Quaffle in water quidditch is also able to go under water. It makes a fun game to watch.

Oh if you couldn't tell, I'm their chaperone.

Istari Jones - Feb 13, 2004 1:02 am (#2611 of 2955)

You'll need to go back a few posts to understand, but it is lovely fun. We've had two games already and hopefully will win the tournament! *Hands Kisser an E-Z Flush 5000*

Wow! Kittens! Flying kittens! *Reaches out to pet a couple * Oh, How cute! Owww! Ha, ha. Cute little sharp claws! Heh. *Kittens snag more of my robes* Gee, they're really sweet, ha ha ha. Ouch! Let go! *More kittens snag my robes as they fly by.* Oww-ee! Let - let go! *Begins walking around covered in flying kittens*

All I need to do now is swallow a canary cream. Heh, heh, heh. Yeah, that'd be fun. Me, a big canary covered in flying kittens. Yep. Better keep my mouth shut...yep *Puffs hard upward as kittens begin landing on head sliding down forehead*. Hope no one throws a canary cream my way...that would be a bad thing, yessirree...

Sabotage - Feb 13, 2004 1:13 am (#2612 of 2955)

Thank you Professor Sprout. Now all I want to know is... how can I join into the festivities? I'm a fairly good beater... at least I think I am... oh and for anyone who wants to know... they've moved me back into the Gilderoy Lockheart Ward. Hold on... the nurse brought me something...*reads paper* Yes, yes it says I was a beater...a good beater... And Istari Jones...my kittens have rabies you know.

Istari Jones - Feb 13, 2004 1:18 am (#2613 of 2955)

Heh heh... Thanks for telling me...heh heh heh...

Viola Intonada - Feb 13, 2004 1:35 am (#2614 of 2955)

*Thinking Istari said "Throw me Canary creams", takes a handful out of other pocket and starts pelting Istari with them...*

Blast - Feb 13, 2004 1:56 am (#2615 of 2955)

Hey as long as we're in the area, why don't we check out Mardi Gras? We'll fit in perfectly there.

*makes a save and sends the quaffle to Amy.*

Gina R Snape - Feb 13, 2004 2:48 am (#2616 of 2955)

*sprinikles catnip in a trail to the other team's side of the pitch, near the keeper*

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee My bedpan seems to have picked up speed! (Unless it's the cold medicine I"m on...)

Istari Jones - Feb 13, 2004 3:31 am (#2617 of 2955)

Get off, me, you stupid kittens! Get off~ ulp!

*Swallows Viola's canary creams and immediately turns into big yellow canary coated with furry winged flying kittens*

Mardi Gras sounds good to me, 'Newt. I have my costume...

Do I smell catnip? *Flaps wings heavily, dropping biting, scratching, snarling flying winged kittens onto the trail of catnip*

Thanks, Gina!

PyroGrl - Feb 13, 2004 3:58 am (#2618 of 2955)

**Dives after Snitch but is hit in the head with a Bludger**

Marie E. - Feb 13, 2004 5:35 am (#2619 of 2955)

Oh no! Rabid kittens and residents enchanted by canary creams? This can't be good.

Pyro! Are you ok? Where is Madam Poppy?

*A flagrant foul by the Arrows, penalty shot for the Maniacs!*

Istari Jones - Feb 13, 2004 1:22 pm (#2620 of 2955)

I hope that blow to the head doesn't effect Pyro's short term memory!

prof sprout - Feb 13, 2004 4:07 pm (#2621 of 2955)

Sabotoge- Sure you may join, just grab a bedpan and start beating those bludgers, at the other team of course.

Pyro- Are you okay? Luckily the bludgers are not iron, like in regular Quidditch.

Viola Intonada - Feb 13, 2004 6:14 pm (#2622 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 13, 2004 10:14 am

I hope this game ends before it is Mardi Gras! I can make sure it last at least up until then. hehehehe

Liz Mann - Feb 13, 2004 6:58 pm (#2623 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 13, 2004 10:59 am

Pyro! Are you okay?

*gasp* OMG, the Snitch is right above your head! All you have to do is reach up!

prof sprout - Feb 13, 2004 7:21 pm (#2624 of 2955)

Go Pyro Go.

Emily - Feb 14, 2004 1:32 am (#2625 of 2955)

Come on, Pyro, just a little higher!

Go Maniacs! Go Maniacs! (Don't you like my exceptionally creative and completely original cheer?)

Blast - Feb 14, 2004 2:33 am (#2626 of 2955)

*Blast takes his wand and produces a fireworks display above Pyro to get her attention.*

PyroGrl - Feb 14, 2004 4:50 pm (#2627 of 2955)

**Reaches up, catches Snitch, and faints**

Hello. Can you tell me my name? Oh wait...it's Pyro. Nevermind. Why am I holding a Snitch? Why am I on a flying bedpan?

prof sprout - Feb 14, 2004 5:20 pm (#2628 of 2955)

Yay, Pyro. I was worried we would have to send in your replacement if you had been seriously hurt.

St. Mungo's relayed a message to me that if we are up to it, we can play the Mardis Gras Beads the 24th. So let me know if you are willing, and rest up.

Oh, any male competitors watch out, the Mardis Gras Beads play dirty, think of the Veelas at the world cup. You know how they earn those beads. ;o)

PyroGrl - Feb 14, 2004 7:24 pm (#2629 of 2955)

Playing? What are you talking about?

Blast - Feb 14, 2004 9:18 pm (#2630 of 2955)

No problem there Professor Sprout, we're mostly a female team and being the keeper and in a vulnerable position, Snape has a special potion that will keep my eyes only on the quafflel. If that doesn't work I'll just reach deep down and use my intestinal fortitude. Janet Jackson plays for the beads doesn't she?

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 14, 2004 9:49 pm (#2631 of 2955)

Um, hi, it is I Hermionefan(#1), and I'm totally new to this thread... so I don't exactly get what we do here and everything. Could someone please explain what happens around here? Thanks!

megfox - Feb 14, 2004 10:23 pm (#2632 of 2955)

Welcome to St. Mungo's, Hermionefan! This thread is for the inmates of St. Mungo's Hospital to participate in the many activities that the staff has planned for us (or that we have, *ahem* planned for ourselves) - the crazier and zanier, the better! So jump in and have fun! Just make sure that you stay away from all Jello, and watch out for the canary creams. Here, have a bedpan!

prof sprout - Feb 14, 2004 10:40 pm (#2633 of 2955)

Hermionefan

Currently we are playing water quidditch, if you go back about 20 or 30 posts, you'll see what is going on. I volunteer my time and vast knowledge of plants to St. Mungo’s. I'm one of the very few staff members in the ward. Most got scared after the residents have threatened them. The residents have gotten used to me, but it took a long time. We all have some fun. There are many wards in St. Mungo’s, like I'M IN LOVE WITH A CHARACTER ward, There was a temporary ward back in June, called the LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M READING ward. But that ward had emptied out by July. You'll meet everyone and learn why they are here. Some just want to play water Quidditch for the Maniacs. Oh and at least once a month there is a Calamari night.

Gina R Snape - Feb 14, 2004 10:41 pm (#2634 of 2955)

*Hands Hermionefan a Snape Fruit Punch.*

Don't spill while you're flying around on your bedpan! They'll make you clean it up the muggle way. *shudder*

Sabotage - Feb 14, 2004 11:39 pm (#2635 of 2955)

OK. I'll join in. I'll help keep Pyro out of the way of the nasty things (Bludgers). I just hope that they don't move me any more because I'm having trouble remembering how to get back to the ward. OK, well . . .. *Practicing the bedpan style...hops on bedpan*

Is my stance correct?

Istari Jones - Feb 15, 2004 12:37 am (#2636 of 2955)

Uhh, no, Kisser. You're supposed to sit on them. ^_^

Also, Hermionefan(#1) (Gee, can I call you Hermy, instead?) To get the real flavor of St. Mungo's go back and read the first 25 or so post at the beginning of this thread. It really will give you an idea of the type of insane behavior we demand here at St. Mungo's. Plus, if I do say so myself, much of the stuff we wrote is terrifically funny and creative! Also check out the May 8, 2003, and onward posts. I think we really outdid ourselves around that time!

*sticks hand inside coat like Napoleon, crosses eyes, and looks very proud and pleased!

Sabotage - Feb 15, 2004 1:12 am (#2637 of 2955)

Oh! A new sick person! Welcome! Welcome! OOOOHHH! We love new people in the Gilderoy Lockheart ward! Where did they stick you HermionieFan? Are you partaking in Bedpan Quidditch? I've only just started bed pan Quidditch too! I'm a beater... at least I think I am... hmmmm... Oh! Hello! How are you new person? I just...

Sabotage - Feb 15, 2004 1:14 am (#2638 of 2955)

OK, if you're so smart Istari... Then why were you covered in rabid flying kittens before? LOL.

Istari Jones - Feb 15, 2004 5:13 am (#2639 of 2955)

Ahhh! But if you re-read the incident, you shall find the kittens chose me, not I them (Smiles benignly at Kisser)^_^

Marie E. - Feb 15, 2004 5:50 am (#2640 of 2955)

Sorry, my chair got caught up in a whirlpool. Is Pyro ok? She seems a bit disoriented. And, she just caught the snitch, right? So the game is over, right? So we can have a post-game party?

Gina R Snape - Feb 15, 2004 7:11 am (#2641 of 2955)

*whizzes around in a victory fly-by*

Yes, Marie! We won! Woohoo!

Istari Jones - Feb 15, 2004 3:15 pm (#2642 of 2955)

Marie, can I have a ride in your new Whirlpool chair? Being able to spin dry will be nice when we get done romping in the ocean. *Helps boost Pyro onto Viola's and 'Newt's shoulders for a victory lap around the pitch*

Yay for us! Let's celebrate! "We're Ma-niacs, MA-niacs, that's for sure, and we're flying like we've never flown before"

*Victory lap across the pitch showering the crowd with silver and gold sparkly-thingies*

prof sprout - Feb 15, 2004 4:13 pm (#2643 of 2955)

Great job, team. Everyone back to St. Mungo’s for Victory Jello.

Just kidding. Party on party people. Let’s see what kind of fun things can we do in Aruba to celebrate.

Blast - Feb 15, 2004 5:13 pm (#2644 of 2955)

All right, everybody, no passing out on the ground, we are in the tropics and there might be leithfolds, always have a partner and lots of jello handy. So much for Mr. Safety's tips, quality Snape Beverages' all around. Go Maniacs.

PyroGrl - Feb 15, 2004 8:09 pm (#2645 of 2955)

Why am I on a flying bedban? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!

Istari Jones - Feb 15, 2004 9:19 pm (#2646 of 2955)

Oh, nooo! Pyro, please say you haven't lost your memory like Gilderoy Lockhart! Oh, this is terrible! Just terrible! She was the best Seeker we ever had! How wil we train another in time for the Mardi Gras Beads game? OK, Pyro, look at this. (Holds the Snitch up in front of Pyro's nose) Do you know what this is? *Pyro looks blankly at the struggling Snitch, mumbling under her breath*

No, it's not a lemon...Try again

*More mumbling while reaching for the snitch* No, not a canary, but you're getting close. This is terrible. Wait, now, don't eat it...

prof sprout - Feb 15, 2004 10:42 pm (#2647 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 15, 2004 2:57 pm

Istari- I think Pyro will be okay as soon, and she changes from Dory to someone else. Dory is infamous for being forgetful. Try talking awhile to her, and she might come out of it. We might have to count on Viola for the Beads game, but I'm sure Pyro will be fine by then. Nothing like R&R (rest and relaxation) to cure head injuries, or Dory symptoms.

PyroGrl - Feb 15, 2004 10:56 pm (#2648 of 2955)

**looks confused by everything**

Note: prof sprout, I never even noticed the Dory connection...LOL!

prof sprout - Feb 15, 2004 10:58 pm (#2649 of 2955)

I know a way to fix her. *lights a match* Look, Pyro, pretty,huh?

Note: Really, you had become forgetful the moment you changed to her from Crash

PyroGrl - Feb 15, 2004 11:01 pm (#2650 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 15, 2004 3:04 pm

**Raises eyebrows** And you would be?

Umm...SNITCH!!! ISTARI, IT'S A SNITCH!!!

Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Posts 2651 to 2700

Post  Lady Arabella on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:39 am

Istari Jones - Feb 16, 2004 12:10 am (#2651 of 2955)

Very good, Pyro! *Sighs as she tosses Pyro a piece of fish as a treat*

Boy, Prof. Sprout, that was a close one!

Were you kidding about the Dory connection, Pyro? I thought that's kinda what you were intimating all along! Ha! Read back over your posts, you'll get a bigger laugh!

Blast - Feb 16, 2004 12:26 am (#2652 of 2955)

Wow that was a close one. If we ever run into this problem again, we can always use a time turner, got a hot one from Mundungus, that way we can always fix an accident.

PyroGrl - Feb 16, 2004 12:37 am (#2653 of 2955)

I still can't remember everything.

**PAUSE**

Can I help you?

prof sprout - Feb 16, 2004 12:44 am (#2654 of 2955)

Blast end, Time Turners are illegal, so if you have one don't let me see it. I can't turn a blind eye to everything. ;o)

Blast - Feb 16, 2004 12:49 am (#2655 of 2955)

They aren't illegal Prof, they just are regulated. All we have to do is get a competent person to vouch for it. Is there a competent person among us?

Sabotage - Feb 16, 2004 12:51 am (#2656 of 2955)

Oh Py Py! Now you can come and join me in the Gilderoy Ward! Oh I am so happy! Sorry I wasn't there!

Istari: My kittens only chose you because you looked the yummiest. LOL Smile

*wiggles wand* Lum-bum-bidos! *Kittens erupt from wand once again* Oh darn! Have fun Istari.

Can someone throw me a Skiving Snackbox? I need to get out of a therapy session. I would prefer a Vomiting one tho, I don't want blood all over my new robes.

prof sprout - Feb 16, 2004 2:15 am (#2657 of 2955)

I meant they are illegal in St. Mungo’s, the coordinators don't want residents to have them. But since you don't have one ;o) we don't have to worry about it right.

Gina R Snape - Feb 16, 2004 2:16 am (#2658 of 2955)

Oh, hee hee hee very funny Blast.

I think that by definition, living in hospital in the St. Mungo's ward means we are all incompetent.

Blast - Feb 16, 2004 2:53 am (#2659 of 2955)

Think Gina, if we were all competent, we would not need St. Mungo's. But then again the inmates are running the asylum, so let the good times roll! Abby if you’re there, how about some Bad To The Bone on the bagpipes.

Istari Jones - Feb 16, 2004 5:42 am (#2660 of 2955)

Has anyone watched "The Three Amigos" with Steve Matin, Martin Short and Chevy Chase? Remember the part where they were talking about El Guapo? (SIC) "The Infamous El Guapo?" "Infamous - that means more than famous?", so by extension, we at St. Mungo's are "InCompetent", meaning more than competent, right?

Love the picture, 'Newt. Is it a new self-portrait, or your costume for the Mardi Gras? Looks a bit like my old high school sweetheart. I had to dump him back then. He wanted to monkey around too much. (Ba-da-bing!) C'mon, Viola, "Bad to the Bone" on bagpipes, perfect post game victory song!

Gee, Pyro. Still can't remember everything? *Smiles mischievouly, contemplating whether or not to tell Pyro she promised to buy us all a Snape cooler or not*

S'oK, sweetie. You'll remember eveything soon. *turns to various chapters in her psychology book about Classical Conditioning, reinforcement, and General Learning Theory* Now, what is this again? A Snitch? That's right. *Tosses Pyro another piece of fish*

Kittens, Kisser? And me reeking of fish, and still not completely molted. Heh heh heh. Thanks, Kisser. *Ouch* *Flaps wings furiously to shake kittens off, but only succeeds in attracting more rabid kittens with wings* Heh heh *ouch* Geroff me, ya dozy kittens! Geroff me!!

Gina, has Severus begun a line of medicinal Sanpe products yet? I'm gonna need aome antiseptic for these bites...

Sabotage - Feb 16, 2004 5:54 am (#2661 of 2955)

OK does anyone have a Skiving Snackbox?!?!?!?!?!

Pinky - Feb 16, 2004 1:28 pm (#2662 of 2955)

Istari, that definitely means we are more than competent. Look at all the geniuses through the ages - weren't they all just a little mad? Look back over everything we have accomplished here at St. Mungo's - I'd say we're fairly competent!

Sabotage, I've never yet seen a skiving snackbox here. There are plenty of canary creams. Perhaps if you jammed this canary cream into this little tin box and then murmured some kind of spell over it, you could create your own skiver. I have no idea what kind of results you would get though....

Istari Jones - Feb 16, 2004 2:34 pm (#2663 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 16, 2004 6:34 am

Hey, that's great, Pinky! *Flaps wings throwing yellow feathers and flying snarling kittens everywhere*

We're In-competent!! Yeah, In-competent! *Warbles in a canary-like fashion*

We're the Ma-niacs, MA-niacs, that's for sure...INcompetent like you've never seen before...

Emily - Feb 16, 2004 3:18 pm (#2664 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 16, 2004 7:18 am

And here I was, thinking incompetent meant not competent! Stupid me! Well if that's what it really means, then I am very In-competent!

Good job, Pyro! *shoots fireworks out of, er, pencil* Now, what are these?

Good game, everyone! I know, let’s go on a lethifold-hunt to celebrate!

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 16, 2004 4:13 pm (#2665 of 2955)

LETHIFOLD HUNT?!?! (Please excuse caps). Emily, have you lost your mi--never mind, forget that.

Do we have a CAN’T WAIT FOR BOOK 6 TO COME OUT! ward? If so, put me in!

prof sprout - Feb 16, 2004 4:36 pm (#2666 of 2955)

Yes, Hermionefan there is such a ward, however, it is temporarily under construction. They are expecting a big crowd for that ward, and have to make some adjustments. But if you would like to bide your time playing water quiddicth you are more than welcome, there will be a game next week against the Mardi Gras Beads. I think there is a chaser position open.

prof sprout - Feb 16, 2004 4:42 pm (#2667 of 2955)

On your hunt, stay away from the mackled malaclaw, we don't want any bad luck for the game. Don't worry I think the lethifold would stay away from this bunch. They would be too much to handle you know since they are all INcompetent. Smile

Gina R Snape - Feb 16, 2004 5:44 pm (#2668 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 16, 2004 9:44 am

The only medicinal product on the market currently is an unsweetened Snape beverage with wolfsbane. Other than that, ours is a purely commercial drinks product line. Sorry dear!

And on that note, I'm crawling back into bed. My cold is rearing its ugly head again.

btw, Pyro. Don't forget you promised to pay back that 2000 galleons I loaned you, with 5% weekly compound interest.

Ticker - Feb 16, 2004 6:02 pm (#2669 of 2955)

*Stumbles onto beach, looking much like Jonah - pasty white with a clump of seaweed stuck in her hair...*

I could've sworn I was following Mel Gibson onto the Jello Submarine, but after 3 days & nights, it became clear that I was actually in the Moby Dick. I spoke my best whale, and was able to find out the sub was last spotted near Iceland. We almost caught up (& could have sworn we were spotted) just before the Jello Submarine went into hyper-drive. Moby was kind enough to give me a lift...

Rats, I missed the game. Well, congratulations team!

*Flops down on the sand & falls asleep on the bleached out quaffle she's been carrying for a week...*

PyroGrl - Feb 16, 2004 6:55 pm (#2670 of 2955)

Gina, what 2000 Galleons? *tries to remember* Er...

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 16, 2004 7:21 pm (#2671 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 16, 2004 11:22 am

*Sprays Ticker with a sun block potion, takes bleached out quaffle and walks away, whistling non-chalantly*

Anyone for a game of Muggle Beach Volly Ball?

wormsé - Feb 16, 2004 7:33 pm (#2672 of 2955)

OH OH!! *waves arms frantically in the air* ME!! I like volleyball! It's the only sport I'm remotely good at... Can I serve the ball first?? (Because that's really the only thing I'm capable of doing...)

Ticker - Feb 16, 2004 7:42 pm (#2673 of 2955)

*Wakes up to see a very woodsy Amy with sunblock.* Oooooh. Cool avatar!

*Promptly goes back to sleep and dreams about the Super Bowl Pepsi? commercial of the beach volley ball players in winter.*

PyroGrl - Feb 16, 2004 8:14 pm (#2674 of 2955)

*plays beach Volleyball* I call next serve!!

prof sprout - Feb 16, 2004 11:28 pm (#2675 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 16, 2004 3:28 pm

Beach Bolly ball, what kind of sport is that? The ball doesn't float on its own. I'll never understand muggle sports.

**shrugs shoulders and watches the players play**

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 16, 2004 11:48 pm (#2676 of 2955)

Maybe we could charm the ball or the net to make the game more interesting? Or about if we toss a bludger into the mix?

*walks over and nudges a pink Ticker with toe* You might want to flip over... that sun block can only do so much...

Sabotage - Feb 17, 2004 12:16 am (#2677 of 2955)

Hey can someone get me a black market wand? I want something that won't explode in rabid kittens every time I use it.

And while you're at it, we should get some Snackboxes in my ward.

When's the next Bedpan Quidditch game? I need to start practicing again.

Gina R Snape - Feb 17, 2004 12:37 am (#2678 of 2955)

Poor Pyro. You must have forgotten!

PyroGrl - Feb 17, 2004 12:41 am (#2679 of 2955)

**Pouts while trying not to laugh**

Sabotage - Feb 17, 2004 12:42 am (#2680 of 2955)

Hey Pyro.

Sabotage - Feb 17, 2004 12:51 am (#2681 of 2955)

Muggle sports? In ST.Mungo’s? Are you people absolutely crazy? Oh... wait... that’s why you are in here. Sorry!

*sits in corner twiddling thumbs*

Emily - Feb 17, 2004 12:52 am (#2682 of 2955)

*sadly* Yes, Hermionefan(#1), I have lost my mind. Why else would I be here?

Ooh, beach volleyball! I can do that! Er... all you have to do is get the ball over the net thingy, right? Good!

*Spikes ball as hard as possible over the net, and then falls down hard from a hit by the bludger that Amy released*

Hmmm... this bludger is going to complicate things... but what if it runs away and a muggle sees it?

Blast - Feb 17, 2004 1:08 am (#2683 of 2955)

Gina I just thought of something, maybe Severus can write our little outing off as a business expense. If that won't work, we'll just charge everything to the North American Ministry of Magic. Well done team, if we keep this up maybe they'll let us have knives and forks for dinner at St. Mungo's.

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 17, 2004 1:11 am (#2684 of 2955)

Sign me up for Chaser if you can, then...

Is it too late to join the volleyball game? OW!!! *gets hit by stray Bludger, which chases me to game of volleyball* I'm not that great, but here I am to play!

PyroGrl - Feb 17, 2004 1:21 am (#2685 of 2955)

Everyone is welcome! You can be on my team...

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 17, 2004 1:43 am (#2686 of 2955)

OK pyro, who else is on the team?

wormsé - Feb 17, 2004 2:06 am (#2687 of 2955)

Ohh... we're picking teams then... *jumps up and down* Pick me somebody, pick me!!!!

Ticker - Feb 17, 2004 2:12 am (#2688 of 2955)

*blink, blink* Ouch.

When stiff, and sore and scarred, I take away my hand

From leaning on it hard in grass & sand

The hurt is not enough.

I long for weight and strength

To feel the earth as rough to all my length.

...or at least that's something like what Robert Frost said... I think he was sunburned too. Man! I ALWAYS get sunburned!

*Hops on gold bedpan to practice for next match..* Yeeeouch! Boy, I tell ya, my northern hide is just not cut out for this much sun. Maybe I'll just go over & play with the cute rabid kittens instead.

And nice to meet you Hermy (Can we call you that?) Liz is captain & uh, let’s see... there's also Blast & Amy & me & Gina & Lindsay & whole heap of commentators, judges, cheerleaders, mascots, water-girl... I think it really depends on who's around when the game starts as to who is playing.

*Tosses Hermy a kitten to see her reaction & best quidditch position...*

Blast - Feb 17, 2004 2:19 am (#2689 of 2955)

Ticker, what ever you do, be carefull on what you put on that sunburn. There are a lot of nasty things hanging around the beach that might think of you as a snack. So stay away from anything that might accidently tenderise you.

Hey you seagulls, sends a blast at them, she's still breathing leave her alone. BTW Gran Longbottem’s vulture isn't dead yet, it was just licking it's lips. Try a canary cream it might relieve the pain for a bit.

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 17, 2004 2:48 am (#2690 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 16, 2004 6:49 pm

Of course. At St Mungo's anyone can call me anything as long as its some form of Hermionefan(#1). Hermy, Hermyfan, Hermione, Fan, #1 ().

What am I supposed to do with the kitten? Oh, I'll be cheerer or commentator (whatever its called)... who am I cheering for?

Istari Jones - Feb 17, 2004 2:56 am (#2691 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 16, 2004 6:59 pm

Whoooaaaa, Ticker, that's some burn! (Hands her a bowl of murtlap essence) Watch out, those kitten have pretty sharp little claws. That would not be very nice on a sunburn like that!

Oh, and if you like those kittens, Hermy, here's a canary cream to attract them. Yes, they are cute little flying kittens with wings. Rabid kittens, but still cute. Help yourself! Please! Take all you want! (Flaps molting wings hoping to shake more kittens loose) Man, I hope I return back to my former human self soon!

Amy, wow, where did you get your hair done? I really like it. Is your avatar a mermaid?

Hi Emily and Lindsay! I want to play, also. We can bewitch the quaffle to fly over the net. OK, no fair using "Accio" to pull the quaffle in from out of bounds, and no "Wingardium Leviosa" to hold the quaffle up where we can't hit it.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 17, 2004 3:08 am (#2692 of 2955)

Hermy, the fact that you didn't take out a bat and whack that rabid kitten at someone tells me that you're not a natural born beater... you can be a chaser! Maybe we can use Ticker as the quaffle until the sunburn fades?

Nope, Istari, my avatar is not a mermaid, but a fairy of some sort, art shamelessly stolen from Brian Froud.... he rocks!

Are we still heading for the Big Easy for the Mardi Gras game?

Blast - Feb 17, 2004 4:26 am (#2693 of 2955)

You bet, Snape's opening an outlet there just in time for Mardi Gras. He even booked the Weird Sisters to play for the opening. Although I hope he booked the right ones, there are a lot of weird sisters at Mardi Gras.

Marie E. - Feb 17, 2004 5:38 am (#2694 of 2955)

(wow, leave ya'll alone for two days and I have over 50 posts to read!)

Oh man! I knew I'd get picked last. This is just like junior high gym class! *snicker* If the game's already underway, I'll be a cheerleader with Hermy. *ducks bludger*

Hem Hem - Feb 17, 2004 5:54 am (#2695 of 2955)

I'd rather be the mascot again than play....

* cartwheels in her ten-legged costume* GO MANIACS!!

*faints from exhaustion*

Istari Jones - Feb 17, 2004 3:29 pm (#2696 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 7:32 am

I'd like to try out for another position rather than Water-girl ("That's high quality H2O"), although it might be interesting if my water hose sprayed Snape beverages. I'd rather be first string, but maybe Marie and I and the others who want to can start a reserve team? I'd love to be the reserve Seeker.

Amy, is there a website? I'd like to see more of his work.

Boy, Hem Hem, that's amazing how you can cartwheel and not get all those legs...uhhh, tentacles, tangled up. I wonder if you started spinning around horizontally really fast if you would take off like a helicopter?

prof sprout - Feb 17, 2004 3:40 pm (#2697 of 2955)

I think there is room for everyone to play for the Beads game. That starts next week. I think the Prelims will be either Mon or Tues. This Muggle bolley game is rather interesting when you put a wizard twist on it. Actually, I see some aspects of this game in quidditch, I wonder if we can spike to quaffle to get it in goal and confuse them.

*starts writing in the quidditch strategy notebook for the Maniacs*

We can either use the Jello submarine, or the floo network to get to the Beads Game. Oh, girls, stay away from the video cameras, and if I catch anyone of you "earning" beads you won't be able to play the next game. Smile On the plus side since it is a Wild and Crazy time down there we don't have to dress like those weird muggles, we can dress normally.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 17, 2004 4:07 pm (#2698 of 2955)

Hey Istari, you can check out some of his work here:

http://www.worldoffroud.com/

Though if you've seen Labrynth or The Dark Crystal, you've already seen some of it. Another great Faerie artist is Amy Brown. You can check out her work here:

http://www.amybrownart.com/

Anyway, If we are taking the Jello Submarine to New Orleans, we might want to patch up the holes... someone seems to have given out spoons and um... well... you know...

Ticker - Feb 17, 2004 4:14 pm (#2699 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 8:15 am

Istari, I think our team could use at least 12 players.

1. Sometimes team members disappear for days at a time & miss the game (or show up under the influence of jello)

2. We could all stand in awe of the wide variety of talent St. Mungo's has to offer - especially from the Accidental Extra Limbs Ward

3. It would be more confusing - something we seem to thrive on

So, ... what game are we playing?

Prof Sprout, I'm not familiar with the Beads Game, but I am familiar with confusion...

Amy, thanks for the links!

Oh, thanks for the murtlap essence & advice. I think I'll just go sit in the shade & see if I can peel off my skin in one piece.

prof sprout - Feb 17, 2004 4:51 pm (#2700 of 2955)

Ticker we are going to play the Mardi Gras Beads next week in Water Quidditch. Sorry for any confusion.
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Posts 2701 to 2750

Post  Lady Arabella on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:35 am

Ticker - Feb 17, 2004 5:37 pm (#2701 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 9:39 am

Oh. Duh. Must be the sunburn addling my brain again... yeah, that's it...

Wonder what their mascot does...

Oh & congratulations on post 2700!

Gina R Snape - Feb 17, 2004 6:06 pm (#2702 of 2955)

I am going to temporarily give up my position as Beater. Seeing as how I now have to man the Snape Beverages table. However, perhaps we should consider a float in the parade? And of course, ours can really float. Or does that go against the restrictions?

prof sprout - Feb 17, 2004 6:24 pm (#2703 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 10:40 am

That sounds great about the float, we'll just have to put stuff down the side and make it look like it isn't floating. That was nice of you to let someone else play beater - any volunteers while Gina is busy being an entreprenuer (sp?) Lets all wish her the best of luck with the beverage stand.

Gina, BTW, I remember that earlier, your beverage was “Snapel.” Did you change it because of the confusion?

I didn't even notice the number 2700 earlier Yay me Smile

Gina R Snape - Feb 17, 2004 7:12 pm (#2704 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 11:15 am

No, it has always been Snape Beverages. If you go up about 2000 posts () the original label is still there! We also had Snog just for the holidays, around Christmastime.

So who wants to be on the float committee? I say we have a giant squid, with faery lights and a couple of snitches circulating within the confines of our float.

Oooh! And we can toss cups of jello out to the people in the audience, strung like mardi gras beads!

Edit: The whole business with the label starts with post 354, and wouldn't you know, Prof Sprout, commented on it right away. You must have been one of our first customers!

prof sprout - Feb 17, 2004 9:27 pm (#2705 of 2955)

Yes, I was. You had the avatar with Snape looking at the bottle of Snapel (that's how the label read) I have a weird memory for that sort of thing. I actually think we joined the forum around the same time. I just had a recent absence.

Note: I like your current avatar, is he cut and pasted there? Or is that a scene I don't remember?

Ticker - Feb 17, 2004 9:37 pm (#2706 of 2955)

I thought it was Snape! Beverages - guess I'll just have to look it up...

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 17, 2004 9:40 pm (#2707 of 2955)

I'll be on the float commitee... I like the Giant Squid/Fairy lights/ Snitches idea and could we make the float platform the Hogwarts Coat of Arms?

Ticker - Feb 17, 2004 9:43 pm (#2708 of 2955)

Ooooooh - can I drive the float for a while?!? (wicked grin) I'll make sure it gets noticed.

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 17, 2004 9:56 pm (#2709 of 2955)

All in favor of Ticker driving, post "Aye," all opposing, post "Nay", along with your vote of driver.

prof sprout - Feb 17, 2004 10:01 pm (#2710 of 2955)

It sure looks like you are fitting in well Hermy. I guess I could have confused the ! as an L. I just remember seeing Snapel or Snape! Was anyone else having trouble with the site temporarily around an hour ago? It wasn't working for me. Oh well.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 17, 2004 10:07 pm (#2711 of 2955)

It was down for me as well... so it's not just your computer. I volunteer to throw jello beads to the crowds from floats! Maybe we could do flying in formation on our bedpans for the parade!

I don't mind if Ticker drives as long as there is a promise to keep it close to the ground involved!

prof sprout - Feb 17, 2004 10:11 pm (#2712 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 2:12 pm

Unfortunately unless we add strings to the bedpans, we can not fly them around the float (to make it look like its a muggle magic trick), don't want to expose the magic to all of the muggles now do we? But Jello beads are fine, IMO. Though residents - no magic placed in the Jello, we don't want the Ministry popping in and doing memory charms, because then we won't be able to play in any more tournaments.

Emily - Feb 17, 2004 10:25 pm (#2713 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 2:26 pm

vote - Aye, as long as we put enough charms on it to make it indestructible.

I'll take Gina's place as beater. I won't make too many fouls.*crosses fingers*

And I want to be on the float committee!

Gina R Snape - Feb 17, 2004 11:58 pm (#2714 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 4:07 pm

Awww, but New Orleans is such a magical city already! I feel very certain nobody would notice.

If you look at the line under my name, btw, there is a website for the artist.

Edit: I've put up the old avatar, to answer any questions.

The prior avatar was from artist Carole Gagnon and I believe she uses Poser for her artwork.

Blast - Feb 18, 2004 12:04 am (#2715 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 4:05 pm

We don't have to worry about the muggles, I doubt any of them will remember the next day anyway. Gina, you don't have to supervise the booth - that's what the Slytherins will be doing (or they will if they know what's good for them). Draco and his crew will take care of the beverage stand. How about we put old Archie on the float? He seems like just the care-free spirit we should have on it. Maybe we could put up the St. Mungo's symbol on the float. Jello beads are perfect.

PyroGrl - Feb 18, 2004 12:36 am (#2716 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 4:38 pm

**grins knowingly, elbows Lenka** Har har har...

Yes, Draco has willingly agreed to take over the beverage stand...however, I caught him downing eight Butterbeers in a row on a dare. He is now wobbly and very giggly -- no, please leave my hair alone, Draco -- and Crabbe and Goyle have taken over the beverages, meaning everyone gets them for free. I said STOP, Draco, or I'll mess up your hair too!

Gina R Snape - Feb 18, 2004 1:04 am (#2717 of 2955)

Oh, fear not. Severus wouldn't trust those little rotters as far as he could Wingardium Leviosa them. For every Snape they imbibe or give away without payment, they will suffer later on. Let's just say some very long, very thick hairs will have found a new home in some unsightly places. And they won't be removed with razors or scissors!

PyroGrl - Feb 18, 2004 1:14 am (#2718 of 2955)

OK, THAT'S IT!!! *lunges at Draco and begins to mess up his hair* If my hair flies in my face at the match and blocks my vision, it's YOUR fault, Draco Malfoy!

Blast - Feb 18, 2004 1:34 am (#2719 of 2955)

We could through out canary creams as well as the beads, the muggles won't notice a thing. How about a pyrotechnical display as well? Fred and George might be tempted to put on a demonstration.

Gina R Snape - Feb 18, 2004 1:47 am (#2720 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 17, 2004 5:47 pm

Oooooh! Look at Pyro go! Fight!!! Fight!!!!! Go Pyro!!!!

*takes advantage of the distraction to toss a few canary creams and Weasley's Wizard Wheezes fireworks in with the jello 'beads' to be tossed to the crowd*

Pinky - Feb 18, 2004 2:44 am (#2721 of 2955)

Er... anyone remember Pyro's last fight? All I remember was an entire coliseum being burned down and lots of mayhem. Is there any way we can settle this amicably?

Blast - Feb 18, 2004 3:08 am (#2722 of 2955)

We can leave Pyro in charge of the fireworks, sounds like it's right up her alley. Abby, if you can hear me, please play Disco Inferno. Burn, baby burn, disco inferno.

Hey maybe we could get some magical creatures to pull the float, we should check with Hagrid maybe he'll lend us some thestrals.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 18, 2004 3:23 am (#2723 of 2955)

Hey! Did anyone bring the disco ball? That would look great on our float!

Blast - Feb 18, 2004 4:04 am (#2724 of 2955)

Ah the Big Easy, we could visit Storyville, maybe they'll be reading some H.P. or we could form a jazz ensemble and go to Bourbon St. and play some St. Mungo's-style blues.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 18, 2004 4:42 am (#2725 of 2955)

Hey... that sounds cool! I can join in on my kazoo! Let's all go for meat pies and red beans and rice when we get there! My treat!

Hem Hem - Feb 18, 2004 7:05 am (#2726 of 2955)

Yes, it's about time for the disco ball to make another appearance:

prof sprout - Feb 18, 2004 3:21 pm (#2727 of 2955)

Disco night – woohoo! *starts pointing finger and breaking down*

Gina I was positive it said Snapel. Oh well, Its still a fun avatar.

Pyro, be careful, you know how Draco's father is, the one that brought all the "green Jello" earlier. If you are going to punish him, do it so know one knows its you Wink. (But I never said a word. )

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 18, 2004 3:50 pm (#2728 of 2955)

How am I supposed to string these jello beads if they won't let me have a needle?

prof sprout - Feb 18, 2004 3:55 pm (#2729 of 2955)

Amy, check out the haystack over there, you know the old saying.

*points the wand and a haystack appears from behind the float.*

Ticker - Feb 18, 2004 7:31 pm (#2730 of 2955)

(Takes the two votes of confidence & gets behind the wheel of the float...)

WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Let's see, steering - left (screeech - wobble, wobble) & right (squeeeel - wobble, wobble)... COOL...

Lookie here - Altitude (Bounces float up & down, giving the Giant Squid a very life-like wiggle)...

Wump, wump, WUMP! WHoa - wait a minute - what's that bead stand doing under the float... OH! Here it is! Indestructability Drive Knob. Oooops. Guess I should have switched it on first... so that's how the Knight Bus does it!

WAHOOOO!!! OK. I think I've got it down now. What do you mean, you're not sure? Awwww, come on. It'll be fun! What if I put a Leveling charm on the platform so your jello doesn't even jiggle (unless you wiggle it yourself)? Um,... I think I can do that one. Where's Viola? I need to borrow her bow.

prof sprout - Feb 18, 2004 8:25 pm (#2731 of 2955)

Okay residents, I hate to be the party pooper, but please no potions, or tricks with the Jello beads. We don't know how the Muggles will react to the magic in them. So if you could follow the recipe exactly that would be greatly appreciated.

Ticker - Feb 18, 2004 9:04 pm (#2732 of 2955)

Shall we just turn the float into a portkey? If we time it right, no one will notice.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 18, 2004 9:20 pm (#2733 of 2955)

Um... sorry Prof. Sprout.... too late. All of the green beads have a forgetfulness potion in them! Here! Have one!

prof sprout - Feb 18, 2004 9:38 pm (#2734 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 18, 2004 1:46 pm

Okay, I guess the forgetfulness potion is okay. But nothing that will transform them or hurt them in anyway. We don't want CC (canary creams) loose in the Big Easy.

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 18, 2004 10:43 pm (#2735 of 2955)

I think Ticker needs a float limit. Anyone know any within-the-bound charms?

Blast - Feb 18, 2004 10:44 pm (#2736 of 2955)

Hey you kids, get out of that jello booth. Has everybody figured out their Mardi Gras costume? BTW if anyone is interested they have a Wizarding shopping area in the Big Easy. All you do is go to the French Quarter and find Chez Dindon. If it smells funny you've got the right place. Go through the kitchen and out the back door. Then take your wand and and make a counter clockwise circle with it, this will open a hidden door and you are in the shopping area.

PyroGrl - Feb 19, 2004 2:18 am (#2737 of 2955)

Here's a piece of advice: NEVER drink eight bottles of Butterbeer, even on a dare! His hair is everywhere and he's still giggling like an idiot!!

Gina R Snape - Feb 19, 2004 2:20 am (#2738 of 2955)

Clearly, prof sprout has no idea what she's dealing with...

*Looks around and sees an unusual number of canaries at the parade*

btw, it was nice to bring this avatar back. There are so many new people on the forum that many never got to see it!

Viola Intonada - Feb 19, 2004 3:44 am (#2739 of 2955)

*appears on beach after coming across the ocean, falls off bedpan, panting*

Oh, *gasp* my! *gasp* Was chasing a *gasp* butterfly *gasp* across the *gasp* water *gasp* then all of a *gasp* sudden *gasp* I came across land *gasp* lots of armed men *gasp* speaking odd *gasp* language *gasp* started shooting *gasp* turned around *gasp* as quickly as I could *gasp* took me *many days *gasp* to find my *gasp* way back *gasp* here *gasp* glad to be *gasp* back where it is *gasp* safe. Whew!

Catching up on what I missed: My, Pyro, you had me worried. I was afraid that the blow to your head, oh I can't bear to say it, oh but I will. I was afraid that the blow to your head might have turned you, *long pause* normal, as in “cured” you. I'm so glad that didn't happen.

Of course Tinker, you may borrow my bow. Just don't let Prof. Sprout see you use it, okay?

A hearty welcome to all of the new inmates!

Boy, I think I am done chasing butterflies for a while, it can be dangerous!

*Sees a butterfly, starts to follow it, then changes mind and stays *

PyroGrl - Feb 19, 2004 3:47 am (#2740 of 2955)

No, Viola, I'm as crazy as ever. BUT I AM FURIOUS RIGHT NOW...and having fun at the same time.

BTW, did anyway notice the new booth? "Mess Up a(n) (Illegily) Drunken Draco Malfoy's Hair" (if that makes ANY sense at all). It's only a Galleon!! Look, he's still giggling like a mad idiot!

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 19, 2004 1:39 pm (#2741 of 2955)

I'll give you FIVE galleons if I can shave his head!!!!

Viola: It's a BOW?? I thought it was a wand with the unicorn hair on the outside!

Ticker - Feb 19, 2004 3:39 pm (#2742 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 19, 2004 7:44 am

SHHHHHHHHHH! Amy - as we're not allowed to have wands I don't think I'd go saying that very loudly..... (smiles & waves politely at Prof Sprout who is inspecting the jello beads)

Good ta see ya Viola! (borrows the bow) I've looked up the parade schedule & the latest one today is the Knights of Jason Parade at 7:30pm CST. (Wonders who the Knights of Jason are & pictures a bunch of guys in hockey masks on horses...) It should be well enough into evening for anyone to notice our float appearing and that gives us a nice long weekend through Fat Tuesday to um,... prepare/recover for the upcoming game. If you haven't made it to New Orleans already be sure to get on the float tonight!

Oooooooh! Pyro, I've just been given some very cute pink unclippable barrettes for Aria. I'm sure they'd look nice on Draco. The trick is only the person who puts them in can take them out. (Hands over a galleon & barrettes.) You better do it. I don't want to be anywhere near him when his buzz wears off.

Speaking of buzz off, Amy please leave a few locks for the barrettes.

# prof sprout - Feb 19, 2004 9:35 pm (#2743 of 2955)

Man, the residents have been rather quiet today. No posts for a while. Well, the Jello beads seem untainted except for the forgetfulness juice added to them. I hope everyone is practicing for the Quiddicth match this week.

Make sure you give Draco some Jello Beads (the strong green ones)

*wink wink*

I was doing some research on the old green Jello, that I was forced to pass out. I'm shocked I didn't realize this before but it contained Glumbumble in it. That would make sense.

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/bestiary/bestiary_c-g.html

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 19, 2004 9:40 pm (#2744 of 2955)

Interesting, prof sprout... I guess it would make sense, though...

PyroGrl - Feb 19, 2004 11:01 pm (#2745 of 2955)

No, no shaving the head. Smile I happen to like his hair. But yes, I will put pink barrettes in his hair **clips them in**.

PyroGrl - Feb 19, 2004 11:14 pm (#2746 of 2955)

Er...

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 19, 2004 11:24 pm (#2747 of 2955)

Lol! That commercial ROCKS! *goes to get razor* tee hee! Poor Draco's face is going to look lopsided!

prof sprout - Feb 19, 2004 11:28 pm (#2748 of 2955)

Now that you guys got the idea, I must delete my post so as I don't incriminate myself. Smile

PyroGrl - Feb 19, 2004 11:33 pm (#2749 of 2955)

NO NO NO!!! Not his HAIR!! *begs* Not ANY hair of his!

Ticker - Feb 20, 2004 12:50 am (#2750 of 2955)

Awwwwwwww... Prof Sprout you deleted your entry much too soon.

(Pouts.)
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Posts 2751 to 2800

Post  Lady Arabella on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:37 am

Marie E. - Feb 20, 2004 4:34 am (#2751 of 2955)

Yay! I love riding on floats!

*practices her wave*

* hangs on as the float takes a sharp turn*

Wheeeeee!

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 20, 2004 1:59 pm (#2752 of 2955)

Take the pink barrettes out of Draco's hair, Pyro.... unless you want that large, tatooed, leather clad man to take him for a ride on his Harley! Where did Draco get that pink dress, anyway?

Gina R Snape - Feb 20, 2004 6:02 pm (#2753 of 2955)

I think it came out of Gilderoy's wardrobe.

Emily - Feb 20, 2004 10:46 pm (#2754 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 20, 2004 2:47 pm

What was you post, Prof Sprout? *Hangs on tight* That Indestructible Drive Knob thingy may keep us from crashing, but it doesn't make the ride very smooth!

Edit: Yay! Post #2754!

Ticker - Feb 20, 2004 11:56 pm (#2755 of 2955)

Hooray for Emily! (wanders off scratching head...)

Apparently the residents are off enjoying the booths... or spreading the jello beads...

PyroGrl - Feb 21, 2004 12:30 am (#2756 of 2955)

**Takes pink barrettes out of Draco's hair** They're in mine now, heehee.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 21, 2004 1:43 am (#2757 of 2955)

Hey! Has anyone seen Liz around lately? I hope that it's just that she finally getting her computer worked on, and nothing more serious! She didn't eat any of the jello beads did she?

prof sprout - Feb 21, 2004 3:17 am (#2758 of 2955)

Amy knows. But I can give you a clue, a popular camera commercial, and Draco. Smile

Istari Jones - Feb 21, 2004 3:28 am (#2759 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 20, 2004 7:29 pm

Yay, also, for Emily's post #2754! (Walks beside Ticker scratching head too, but also is very, very pleased for Emily ^_^) In our town we throw candy from the floats in our parades. (Climbs up onto the Squid float and begins throwing canary creams and Fizzing Whizzbies into the crowd.) Here! Have some! Courtesy of St. Mungo's Maniacs!

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 21, 2004 4:07 am (#2760 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 20, 2004 8:08 pm

Don't worry, Prof. Sprout! A bunch of giant canaries won't attract too much attention during Mardi Gras - everyone will just assume that they are all part of a parade! Don't throw pepper imps, though, or we could have real problems!

Blast - Feb 21, 2004 4:25 am (#2761 of 2955)

Don't dip the canary creams in the hot sauce, very bad reaction. I think that I've started a couple of small fires. What's with all these college students here, is it spring break?

Ticker - Feb 21, 2004 5:45 pm (#2762 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 21, 2004 9:46 am

Canary Creams & hot sauce? Oh Blast! Don't tell me you tried that! What did you get? A fire breathing Canary? YIKES!!! I always thought you had a few odd tastes...

Pyro you're welcome to the pink clips - (trying to imagine the Malfoy's reaction when they see all the pictures we took)(... now trying to imagine Pyro in pink clips...)

Prof Sprout, I don't have a tellyvizzun - just a compooter...

Sabotage - Feb 21, 2004 7:30 pm (#2763 of 2955)

What 'ave you people been doing? Oh nothe keyboard is al mess ed up. Cannnnnnnnn somon tke it+to a muggle fixer? Oh nevermind I fixed it my self. So can i come on a ride in the Jello submarine? *takes out spoon* I'm ready!

Sabotage - Feb 21, 2004 8:28 pm (#2764 of 2955)

Hey, how do I create a Fanfic? Well I've already written it but... how do I make the place where people can read it? Can someone help me?

PyroGrl - Feb 21, 2004 8:30 pm (#2765 of 2955)

Go to the to Steve, Kip, or Denise thread...I believe it explains there.

Liz Mann - Feb 21, 2004 9:05 pm (#2766 of 2955)

I'M BACK!!! I've been gone NINE WHOLE DAYS because my stupid computer was down! I have returned to find a hundred and forty something posts which I can't be bothered to read. Somebody please update me! Are we still in Aruba? What's the latest with the bed pan Quiddich? Do we have three Beaters now? Have we started anything new I should know about?

PyroGrl - Feb 21, 2004 9:16 pm (#2767 of 2955)

Well...I was hit in the head with a Bludger, caught the Snitch, suffered a temporary short-term memory loss...have you met Sabby yet?

Ticker - Feb 21, 2004 9:26 pm (#2768 of 2955)

We've (mostly) all arrived in New Orleans via parade float. The chaos here has been a bit overwhelming and most of the St. Mungo's residents are indistinguishable from the Mardi Gras crowd (particular exception for Draco who drank too much butterbeer & ended up with a lovely pink gown & matching unclippable barrettes. He's got his head covered so I can't tell if he got a bit of a trim as well... I guess he doesn't actually stick out that much ...)

The Jello Submarine has been left in Slytherin's possession, and with Professor Snape's permission, they have been slowly eating it. This turns out to have been a brilliant idea. They think they're getting away with something AND they're kept out of trouble by the sedating effect we all know is associated with St. Mungo's jello.

The Jello Beads seem to be a hit, as well as the various other "treats" being thrown from the float (behind Prof Sprout's back). Do watch out for whatever Blast is eating though...

Quidditch practice seems to consist of um,.... well, welcome back Liz - good to see you!

Liz Mann - Feb 21, 2004 9:53 pm (#2769 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 21, 2004 1:53 pm

Quidditch practice seems to consist of um...

Care to elaborate, Tinker?

So are we playing Quidditch in New Orleans?

That's okay about the Jelly Sumarine. There's plenty of the stuff around here, we can just make another.

Sabby? No, I don't believe I have.

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 21, 2004 9:59 pm (#2770 of 2955)

Welcome back Liz! I was beginning to wonder where you were!

Liz Mann - Feb 21, 2004 10:36 pm (#2771 of 2955)

Thanks, Hermione. Glad to know someone noticed I was missing.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 22, 2004 12:58 am (#2772 of 2955)

Hey! I noticed! Check out post #2757! Have some jello beads, but don't eat them! We should be out practicing bedpan quidditch, but Mardi Gras calls!!

Sabotage - Feb 22, 2004 3:39 am (#2773 of 2955)

Hey Liz. I'm Sabby.

And thank you to Pyro, for telling me how. (ok to me that sounded totally like someone reciveing a Muggle Grammy)

If any of you want to know, I'll have my own FanFic set up in at least a month or so.

Ticker - Feb 22, 2004 5:33 am (#2774 of 2955)

Yea Sabby! (I should warn you, people around here are not good at waiting a whole month - taps foot)

Liz, it's good to have you back! We seem to lack direction without you (or go in several different ones)...

Sabotage - Feb 22, 2004 5:52 am (#2775 of 2955)

Well... Sorry Ticker. It's currently under construction. I'm in the process of making the Story. And if you want any insider information, ask Pyro and she'll tell you what I told her. Is that OK? *holds up wand defensively* I'll do it!! Lumsiolkanilaonddidfo!!! *wand erupts in flying rabid puppies* Oh well. At least it's a bit of a change. Have fun with them everyone. I know I will. Well, I have my Muggle sister hanging on me to get off the conpumer.

Liz Mann - Feb 22, 2004 2:38 pm (#2776 of 2955)

Hey, Sabby, nice to see you on here.

Thanks, Amy and Tinker!

So are we playing Quidditch or what? When's the match? You can't play with only two Chasers and no captain you know.

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 22, 2004 4:51 pm (#2777 of 2955)

Oooh, I'll be Chaser and Captain! I'll probably stink at it but I will if no one else wants the job!

Blast - Feb 22, 2004 5:15 pm (#2778 of 2955)

Liz we are playing the Mardi Gras Beads. From what I gather, they are an all female team that sinks to exhibitioning to try to win. As we are also mostly female team, I seem to be the weak link. But I have come across a pair of goggles that will help me keep my eyes in the right place. With them, I will only see the other team as Hags.

prof sprout - Feb 22, 2004 5:35 pm (#2779 of 2955)

Great thinking Blast! So who is in to play, and what position are you going to play?

Liz Mann - Feb 22, 2004 5:39 pm (#2780 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 22, 2004 9:42 am

Hermionefan, I am Chaser and Captain! I meant you can't play without me.

The team is:

Chasers - me, Tinker and Amy

Beaters - Gina and Lindsay

Keeper - Blast

Seeker - Pyro

Referee - Viola

Commentator - Marie E

Mascot - Hem Hem

prof sprout - Feb 22, 2004 6:01 pm (#2781 of 2955)

Hermy, Gina needs a replacement temporarily for beater, for the beads game.

prof sprout - Feb 22, 2004 6:57 pm (#2782 of 2955)

Who is Lindsay?

Liz Mann - Feb 22, 2004 7:16 pm (#2783 of 2955)

Her last post was number 2687.

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 22, 2004 10:47 pm (#2784 of 2955)

Oh, duh on me! I haven't been at St Mungo's very long... I'll be a “or something,” then.

Sabotage - Feb 22, 2004 11:04 pm (#2785 of 2955)

I'll try and be a replacement beater for the team. But my Muggle parents insist I stay off the conpumter from Mon-Thurs. And my nurse has kept to my parents wishes. So I'm not to sure how It will work. If you can't work around this, I won't mind being a Cheer-er.

Ticker - Feb 23, 2004 1:36 am (#2786 of 2955)

Liz - check out the ideas around post 2695 & tell us what you think.

Hermy - you make a great “Something.”

Viola Intonada - Feb 23, 2004 1:51 am (#2787 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 22, 2004 5:51 pm

Oh my! All of this partying is wearing me out! (Two birthdays in on weekend, my daughter and my husband) And now Mardi Gras.

Sab, I have a tendency to chase butterflies down the field instead of ref'ing the game. You could make sure I pay attention and bring me back whenever I start to wander away.

I can't remember what has been happening with our transportation to Mardi Gras. It sounds like the jello sub is out of commission now, are we turning the float into a port key? Am I the one performing the charm with my trusty handy-dandy bow?

Amy, you're right, my bow hairs are unicorn hairs. You must have really studied your Care of Magical Creatures homework. Good eye! But please, don't mention it around the staff, they'll get jealous and take it away.

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 23, 2004 2:54 am (#2788 of 2955)

I know, I know, Ticker, my computer doesn't allow me to type certain words, such as the younger version of women and the act of cheering a team on. I have no idea why it would not let me type in cheer with leader at the end. It's quite weird. Anyways, I mean I'll be a cheer-er, like Sabby.

Fawkes Forever - Feb 23, 2004 5:06 pm (#2789 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 23, 2004 9:13 am

ARGH, 137+ posts..... *faints* - little birdies round my head.... ooohhhh, perhaps they are canary snitches... & where did those flying pups come from.... *ducks as one flys past* My they have sharp little teeth... & I'm sure that foaming at the mouth isn't a good sign!

Whoops.... what happened there? Hmmmmm... I think I might have eaten too much jello.... (thanks for the spoon Gina) Last thing I remember is a victory dance on an aruban beach.... then a game of Muggle Vollyball & whammo.... nothing but darkness... hmmm, I've a nasty bump on my head too.... *very suspicious* Was also rather confused as to what a pink barrette was... thanks for clearing that up, Ticker.. Maybe I should lay off the jello, oh well, at least there's no butterbeer!

So we are in New Orleans for Mardi Gras.... excellent, however, I don't remember how we got here.... but there’s a huge party, & 'Ol Sev still has his cheerleading costume on..... so I'm not complaining. Thanks for not leaving me behind in Aruba! *waves pom poms triumphantly in the air*

Woohooo, Sabby & Hermy... two more cheerleaders.... most excellent! *Waves pencil wand, some pom poms & costumes appear out of thin air ... throws them to Sabby & Hermy* So that’s 6 on the squad now.... Emily, Ticker, Istari (who doubles as a water girl), Sabby, Hermy & me... oh & dear old Severus... who could forget! Oh, and we are also reserves for the team.... in case of injuries.... or butterfly chasing related maladies! We might actually have enough for a real victory pyramid that won't endanger the safety of the team .... (I said “Victory,” Abby ) remember the last one, folks.... *snigger....*

*Fawkes jumps up & down round in very a preppy like manner* Come on girls.... let’s practice those cheers.... Give me an M... give me an A..... *Spies bottle of Snape! Beverage on stall..... next to the butterbeers * Butterbeers.... Woohooo!

Hmmm, forget those cheers.... & grab some beers...... Gooooooo Maniacs... *glug glug* Hmmm, nice butterbeer! Gooo *glug* Mani *glug* acs ..... *glug .... glug* Hey Draco....*glug* nice hairdo!

Help.... can't .... put ....down... this .......butterbeer ...... *glug*

Gina R Snape - Feb 23, 2004 5:40 pm (#2790 of 2955)

*groans and moans* oooooooooh. Too...much...jello...Must...lay...down...

btw, thanks for setting up the table, Blast. Our Snape Beverages are selling like mad. I might even have enough profit to fly home on my own.

:*considers ways to get out from under the eye of Prof Sprout and other staff members to make my break*

Ticker - Feb 23, 2004 7:33 pm (#2791 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 23, 2004 11:55 am

Yea! Fawkes is back among the land of the (at least) semi-conscious! Rah, Rah, Rah!

(*Scrounges around in the float to find the bleached out quaffle...*)

Viola, I borrowed your bow a few days ago to turn the float into a portkey. You must have been busy with your live butterfly collection. Anyway, I haven't had a chance to thank you. *Gives her a Referee Whistle that attracts butterflies.* I hope it keeps you wildly entertained at our next game. And um, would it be much of a bother to use your bow for a scourgefy & rubify spell for the quaffle. I'm afraid it isn't in playing condition right now...

Blast, you seem to know your way around pretty well. Have you heard of the booth selling magical beads? Since I can't have a wand, a magic necklace might be nice... preferrably one NOT made of jello beads.

Ooooh Gina - I don't think flying carpets are outlawed in the US. What a lovely way to travel with your sweetie.

prof sprout - Feb 23, 2004 9:02 pm (#2792 of 2955)

Gina, If you are under the supervision of your husband you can fly your self on the broom, just know since he would be responsible for your actions, if you do something majorly wrong. I know you wouldn't want to get your hubby in trouble.

Liz Mann - Feb 23, 2004 9:22 pm (#2793 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 23, 2004 1:24 pm

Cheerleader.

Hmm... works for me, Hermy. Anyway, you are now officially a cheerleader!

Emily - Feb 23, 2004 9:44 pm (#2794 of 2955)

Yaaay, Hermy!

Gina R Snape - Feb 23, 2004 11:19 pm (#2795 of 2955)

*considers what kind of trouble I can get in whilst riding a broom or carpet with my husband*

PyroGrl - Feb 23, 2004 11:26 pm (#2796 of 2955)

Hold STILL Draco...there! All done!

**Draco now has pink streaks in his hair** Isn't he pretty?

Viola Intonada - Feb 24, 2004 12:18 am (#2797 of 2955)

Ticker, I must have gotten light-headed from all that butterfly chasing. I forgot, and sure you may borrow my bow again. Have to have our quaffle it tip-top shape for the game!

*Contemplates what to give up for lent*

Hum, I know, I'm giving up Lime Jello for lent.

Istari Jones - Feb 24, 2004 4:24 am (#2798 of 2955)

Giving up lime jello for Lent? I just bought a bunch of canned whipped topping to have with the jello!

*Squirts a bunch into her mouth* Yummy! It's fat-free, too, so no extra calories.

Yay! I'm on the team! Whipped topping in a can...Boy! That'd be a better bludger bopper than a beater's bat, I betcha.

PyroGrl - Feb 24, 2004 4:45 am (#2799 of 2955)

Oh finally, a post to keep me from...er...finding my mind!!

Istari Jones - Feb 24, 2004 4:52 am (#2800 of 2955)

Ahhh, shucks, Pyro. What do you want with a mind, anyway? Now, finding your marbles, that's something worth doing. I lost my marbles years ago and still enjoy looking for them from time to time. (*Post 2800*)
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Posts 2801 to 2850

Post  Lady Arabella on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:40 am

PyroGrl - Feb 24, 2004 5:19 am (#2801 of 2955)

Good point.

(*POST 2801!!*)

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 24, 2004 1:57 pm (#2802 of 2955)

Whipped topping is for jello? I've been using it in my hair! Maybe that would explain the flying rabid puppies licking my head... People keep commenting on my unusual hat!

Happy Fat Tuesday everyone! Have some beads!!!!

Blast - Feb 24, 2004 2:38 pm (#2803 of 2955)

Let's get the game over with and then on to the parade. Let's go team

Liz Mann - Feb 24, 2004 3:07 pm (#2804 of 2955)

Yeah, let's go! On to the changing rooms! Now remember, this team's tough, but we're NUMBER ONE!!!!!

If we win this game, we get to go to Hawaii and play the... oh, I forget the team's name. (Or rather I can't think of one. ) But hey, it's Hawaii! The cheerleaders can change their routine to a hula dance!

prof sprout - Feb 24, 2004 3:24 pm (#2805 of 2955)

I think they are the Hawaii Coconuts. I would love to see the Hula.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 24, 2004 4:06 pm (#2806 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 24, 2004 8:06 am

*GASP!* The other team! They're playing topless! Can't you make them cover up, Prof. Sprout? Is the crowd allowed to throw beads like that while we're playing? It's going to be a lot harder for our seeker to spot the snitch like this!

Gina R Snape - Feb 24, 2004 4:43 pm (#2807 of 2955)

Hey, this is New Orleans. That's normal this time of year...

Draco, I really like your pink highlights. Goes well with the blonde.

Ticker - Feb 24, 2004 5:48 pm (#2808 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 24, 2004 9:52 am

Thanks Viola! *hands back the bow & tosses to quaffle to Liz.*

Well, I don't think Pyro is going to be too distracted - she seems to be a bit mindless right now... wait a minute - someone tape her mouth shut!

Blast, make sure you've got your goggles on to prevent goggling - ha, ha (in my best Pee Wee Herman). You're right - I don't think they counted on a mostly female team.

What we need is a little rain (or maybe hail) for this game - that would get their tops back on - do our cheerleaders know any rain dances?

Hey look - I've been working on my Sloth Grip Roll! *slowly rolls under her bedpan, but has to bump against the stands to get back on top...* Well, I almost have it...

* Catches the quaffle from Amy & gladly flies away from their quite disturbing beater...*

Brilliant brand-new beater's bludger bopper, by-the-way Istari.

Liz Mann - Feb 24, 2004 6:13 pm (#2809 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 24, 2004 10:13 am

Well, we'll just have to play our best under whatever conditions we have to.

*passes Quaffle to Tinker and ducks a Bludger*

prof sprout - Feb 24, 2004 6:45 pm (#2810 of 2955)

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. I sure hope blast is wearing his goggles.

Ticker - Feb 24, 2004 7:27 pm (#2811 of 2955)

Who's our beater(s) this game?!?!?!?!

*ducks bludger*

Either that is a man on estrogen, or a big, ugly woman on testosterone! Someone check the rules - can players dope?

Emily - Feb 24, 2004 10:00 pm (#2812 of 2955)

Well, I'm back-up Beater, so if somebody doesn't show up(effects of the jello or other)I'm ready!

Happy Mardi Gras, btw!

(*2812*)

prof sprout - Feb 24, 2004 10:28 pm (#2813 of 2955)

Lindsay and Gina were/are beaters, Gina said she needed a replacement since she is working the concession stand. I'm sure Emily you can play, and if Hermy is out there we may need your help also. Good thing these games go on for hours/days.

PyroGrl - Feb 24, 2004 10:59 pm (#2814 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 24, 2004 2:59 pm

Why do I need my mouth taped shut???

**Avoids Bludgers. Suddenly, Gina's bedpan disappers** SAVE GINA!! *dives. Unfortunately, the other team catches the Snitch** HEY! NO FAIR!! They cheated, I saw HER *points* Banish Gina's bedpan to distract me!! I DECLARE A REMATCH!!

Liz Mann - Feb 24, 2004 11:26 pm (#2815 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 24, 2004 3:50 pm

Don't worry, Pyro, we haven't lost. Look, the Snitch is over there by our goal posts! The one the other team's Seeker caught is one she had hidden up her sleeve the whole time! CHEATING! THEY ARE DISQUALIFIED! WE WIN!

PyroGrl - Feb 24, 2004 11:30 pm (#2816 of 2955)

Oh, Good! Now, where are we going??

Liz Mann - Feb 24, 2004 11:50 pm (#2817 of 2955)

Hawaii!

Gina R Snape - Feb 25, 2004 12:16 am (#2818 of 2955)

It couldn't have been my bedpan, Pyro. I'm sitting here quietly by the Snape Beverages stand!

(Ok, not so quietly as I'm taunting Draco, throwing Jello beads, considering ways to get in trouble on a broom with my darling Severus and adjusting my robes to dress like a NOLA native). But it wasn't my bedpan...

Ticker - Feb 25, 2004 12:28 am (#2819 of 2955)

Pyro, the tape was to keep you from swllowing jello beads the crowd was throwing - I seem to recall you had some trouble with jello before... you might not remember...

Wow! Quick game. Well, I am using my winnings to buy everyone who's here from St. Mungo's a Snape beverage - we do still get the prize money, right?

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 25, 2004 12:43 am (#2820 of 2955)

MMMMmmmmm.... I got paid in chocolate coins! When are we leaving for Hawaii? Can we stay for the rest of Mardi Gras? Please? It's only a few more hours!

How are we getting to Hawaii, anyway? Didn't the Slytherins eat the jello submarine?

wormsé - Feb 25, 2004 2:20 am (#2821 of 2955)

I come, ready and prepared to battle for a win... only to find out that we've already won! That's ok... all that matters is that we won!! Ohh.. Hawaii next?? *grabs lei and big flowered shirt thing... adds some sunblock just in case* I'm ready!!

Ticker - Feb 25, 2004 3:16 am (#2822 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 24, 2004 7:17 pm

We could arrange a tsunami (for travelling to Hawaii)...

Blast - Feb 25, 2004 3:45 am (#2823 of 2955)

Everybody onto the float, great game! Remember, at Mardi Gras, everybody is fair game, for the beads that is.

Marie E. - Feb 25, 2004 5:02 am (#2824 of 2955)

That match was so fast I didn't have time to say a thing. Of course, it would have helped if I had actually been watching the action instead of hanging out at Gina's Snape stand. Que Sera!

Are we on for Hawaii then?

*grabs lei and grass skirt*

*searches for a Brady Bunch tiki idol*

Blast - Feb 25, 2004 11:36 am (#2825 of 2955)

Hey, great parade! I forgot to take my goggles off, but I don't think it mattered with all the great costumes. We're off to Hawaii -fresh pineapple, yum. I heard their Qudditch field is over the volcano.

Istari Jones - Feb 25, 2004 12:55 pm (#2826 of 2955)

Well, better over it than in it! I better get a bigger water hose in case it gets too hot there. Great match, everyone!

Ticker - Feb 25, 2004 3:35 pm (#2827 of 2955)

Happy Lent everyone!

Marie - you have a Brady Bunch tiki idol? Wow! That is too cool for words.

Last volcano I was on was Mt Shasta. We were about 500 feet from the top and suddenly heard a huge rumbling sound. The whole air around us was vibrating. I thought I was about to be melted out of existence. Then, just as suddenly, an Air Force jet came whizzing around the top doing a fly-by. I realized then that I wasn't going to die from lava, rather I would probably be carried away by an avalanche caused from the near sonic boom. Needless to say, as I wet my pants in fear, it was not one of those moments that made me proud of our military. --True story.

I'll feel safe on my bedpan, with a huge water hose, and maybe I'll eat some jello...

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 25, 2004 3:59 pm (#2828 of 2955)

LOL! I'd have wet my pants, too! Don't forget your sunblock this time Ticker!!

In honor of Lent (even though I'm not Catholic), I am going to go watch Chocolat (the only movie I know that has lent as a central theme).... let me know when we're leaving for Hawaii.

PS - is it true that the hawaiian team plays on surfboards?

Ticker - Feb 25, 2004 4:21 pm (#2829 of 2955)

The moral of the story is never go up a volcano without a wand - (or at least a broomstick or bedpan).

Does the Flame Freezing Charm prevent sunburn as well? *starts practicing*

Liz Mann - Feb 25, 2004 7:07 pm (#2830 of 2955)

Of course we can stay for the rest of Mardi Gras, Amy. Tinker, that's a great idea!

Ticker - Feb 25, 2004 8:20 pm (#2831 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 25, 2004 12:32 pm

I thought Mardi Gras ended last night (Fat Tuesday - last day before Lent...) Some of us may need another day or two before we go anywhere.

Marie E. - Feb 25, 2004 8:36 pm (#2832 of 2955)

Not only do I have a tiki idol, I have a deep longing to go to the Grand Canyon and yell "Boooobby, Cinnndy!".

Mmmm...the grass skirt needs a little freshing up.

Let me know about the Freezing Charm effects on sunburn.

*inspects her pale Irish skin*

Emily - Feb 25, 2004 10:20 pm (#2833 of 2955)

Hawaii, yay! I was born there (no joke!) And yes, it's true, they play on flying surfboards, which means they have a harder time making sharp turns, which is good for us. (*takes deep breath after long, run-on sentence*)

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 25, 2004 10:49 pm (#2834 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 25, 2004 2:52 pm

Grr, I was grounded again, because I was reading HP 3 minutes after my lights out time...

Well, I missed the big game (fast win guys), but I'm here now,(excuse capitals please, but since I'm cheer-er I have to be loud) GOOOOOOO MANIACS!

By the way, we're going to Hawaii? Do the cheer-ers have to cheer on surfboards? Or on the beach? And I just confused myself, are we playing on the water or on top of the volcano? Does that mean they have flying surfboards and they're gonna fly surfboards over the volcano? *scratches head*

PyroGrl - Feb 25, 2004 11:03 pm (#2835 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 25, 2004 3:03 pm

**Sits down with Amy to watch Chocolat** I love this movie! It's one of my favorite Johnny Depp movies!!

Liz Mann - Feb 25, 2004 11:18 pm (#2836 of 2955)

I believe the suf-boards do fly and the game will be played over the volcano, Hermy. I just hope no one gets knocked off their board into the lava!!!

Gina R Snape - Feb 25, 2004 11:55 pm (#2837 of 2955)

Awwww. Hermionefan. We'll still be here when you wake up the next day. l know the forum is addicting, but not worth being grounded over!!! (Or did you mean the books? Cuz I've been known to lose sleep over the books too). *gives Hermionefan a hug*

Sabotage - Feb 26, 2004 12:39 am (#2838 of 2955)

Oh shikanas! I'm gone two or three days and you've already played the Mardi gras?! Oh well.

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY MANIACS!

Can someone tell me when we play in Hawaii? I need to get a new bikini...

*Rabid puppies soar over*

Hey boys! Did you have fun with Istari? NO? She didn't play with you?! OK hold on I know why...

*gives each pup a rabies shot* *the rabies is gone within seconds*

There. Sick 'er boys!! (It's an old muggle treatment or dogs for those of you who look lost.) And I may as well do the Kittens. Here Fluffy! Here Scabby! OH will someone help?!?!?

*runs after the Kittens, then decides to use a bed pan*

I've invented a new game! Catch the rabid Kittens!!

Blast - Feb 26, 2004 12:39 am (#2839 of 2955)

Hope nobody minds if I pass on the grass skirt. I've got a Hawain robe though. *hums* Dadadada dah dah, dada da da daaaaaaaah . . . book him, Dano.

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 26, 2004 1:40 am (#2840 of 2955)

It was the books, Gina. *smiles as Gina hugs her*. My computer kicks me off the Internet at 9:00. It is so annoying because I'm always in the middle of an interesting post when it says, "the page cannot be displayed".

Viola Intonada - Feb 26, 2004 2:39 am (#2841 of 2955)

Where is Abby? I thought we would all crash at her place before going to Hawaii. I really miss the bagpipe victory music. I guess I will have to play solo on my viola.

*tunes strings, then plays "We are the Champions" *

So which island is our game on? I will have to look for my grass skirt.

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 26, 2004 3:31 am (#2842 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 25, 2004 7:33 pm

**Joins in song on my kazoo**

Hey all! I found a temporary replacement for the jello submarine! It's a giant rubber duck! If Viola will lend me her bow, I'll charm it to "sail" us over to the Hawaiian Islands!

Pinky - Feb 26, 2004 4:39 am (#2843 of 2955)

Hmmmm, playing Quidditch on surfboards, over an (active?) volcano... folks, do you realize we have a secret weapon? Our seeker, Pyro, won't have a problem with the lava! She once had a most fiery duel with a fellow by the name of John (I think he thought he was an X-man or something like that) and burnt down an entire stadium. For those that would like to read about Pyro's accomplishments, visit this section of St. Mungo's:   Here, post 777.  

Istari Jones - Feb 26, 2004 12:52 pm (#2844 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 26, 2004 4:53 am

Ahhh, I remember that well, Pinky! That Pyro...what a fun kid! Say, is there anything in the Quidditch rule books about causing surfboards to incinerate into cinders, preventing the opposing team from playing?

Yay, too on the rubber duck. Does it have a squeaky toy in it?

(heh, heh..) Cute little puppies, Sabby. Here, fetch the ball...Wait...Volcano...puppies...That gives new meaning to the phrase "Hot Dogs!"

Emily - Feb 26, 2004 1:31 pm (#2845 of 2955)

Unfortunately, Istari, there is. It's one of 700 fouls committed in the World Cup of1473. The list is not publicly available, but I snuck into the staff at St. Mungo's office and saw the list. Needless to say, I took it and charmed it with a *pencil* (*cough, cough*) to look like a magazine. Don't tell Prof. Sprout!

prof sprout - Feb 26, 2004 3:18 pm (#2846 of 2955)

Well, we have a couple advantages. Pyro the seeker, she can get closer to the lava if the snitch goes in that direction. And because we are on bedpans instead of surfboards, our method of flying can't burn from underneath us. Just charm your backside so you don't feel the metal getting to hot.

Ticker - Feb 26, 2004 5:46 pm (#2847 of 2955)

Ah yes, the Great Match ignited quite well last May... you're absolutely right Pinky - Pyro will be perfect in Hawaii!

Good job Emily - and good thing WE never foul...

Wow! A giant rubber duck that paddles itself - where ever did you find it Amy?

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 26, 2004 6:47 pm (#2848 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 26, 2004 10:47 am

I'm not really at liberty to say where the duck came from... but if Mad Eye Moody turns up, you never heard of me, okay? Yes Istari, there is a squeaker in there, you just have to queeze it in the right spot!

Emily - Feb 26, 2004 7:07 pm (#2849 of 2955)

Yes, WE never foul. And Amy doesn't exist if Moody asks. Got it!

Liz Mann - Feb 27, 2004 12:31 am (#2850 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 26, 2004 4:31 pm

Okay, everybody on board the giant rubber ducky!

(Now there's a sentense I never thought I'd say! )
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Posts 2851 to 2900

Post  Lady Arabella on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:44 am

Blast - Feb 27, 2004 12:37 am (#2851 of 2955)

Don't worry about Mad Eye I've got a couple of pictures of him and Aberforth' down on the farm'.

A giant rubber duck, how are we going to disguise it going through the Panama Canal? Maybe we could enchant it to look like paddleboat (at least to get through the canal).

Istari Jones - Feb 27, 2004 12:49 am (#2852 of 2955)

Yeah, Amy who? (Grins)

So, Emily, ...there were surfboards at the 1473 Quidditch match? That's a bit of trivia that should be remembered.

Love those squeaky toys. Hope the rabid puppies don't think it's their squeaky toy!

Viola Intonada - Feb 27, 2004 2:20 am (#2853 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 26, 2004 6:27 pm

Amy, of course you may borrow my bow. Always willing to lend a helping hand.

*Plays "rubber ducky, you're the one, rubber ducky, you're so fun.." on viola *

*hands bow over to Amy*

Hey, can I drive again? I promise not to veer off course after anything that looks remotely like a butterfly. *crosses fingers behind back*

A-is-for-Amy - Feb 27, 2004 2:30 am (#2854 of 2955)

Sure you can "drive" here's the reins! ”Propellus!” Here we go!

Did anyone bring a compass?

Blast - Feb 27, 2004 4:01 am (#2855 of 2955)

It's a Quackamatic model, just squeak the left cheek to go right, and the right cheek to go left, we'll steer by the stars, arr maties.

Marie E. - Feb 27, 2004 5:52 am (#2856 of 2955)

Oh, Viola, that's Lexie's favorite song! She used to make me sing it as a lullaby. Silly girl!

Are we just hanging on to the rubber feathers?

Ticker - Feb 27, 2004 11:56 am (#2857 of 2955)

Quackamatic - (snort)

Pinky - Feb 27, 2004 12:41 pm (#2858 of 2955)

*sings* But the one little duck with the feather in his back - he ruled the others with his quack, quack, quack. Quack, quack, quack - quack, quack, quack. He ruled the others with his quack, quack, quack.

Emily - Feb 27, 2004 6:06 pm (#2859 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 27, 2004 10:16 am

Well, Istari, at that particular match, flying on surfboards were one of the fouls. But don't worry, I used my magical eraser on that particular one (#538), so we're safe.

Gina R Snape - Feb 27, 2004 7:35 pm (#2860 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 27, 2004 11:36 am

Everybody sing!

Rubber ducky, you're the one
You make St. Mungo's lots of fun!
Oh rubber duckie I'm awfully fond of you!
Boo boo bee doo!

Liz Mann - Feb 27, 2004 8:09 pm (#2861 of 2955)

Woah! This thing isn't a speed boat you know! Slow this bird down, I'm barely hanging on! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Istari Jones - Feb 28, 2004 2:08 am (#2862 of 2955)

Is the rubber ducky supposed to molt? It's not powered by canary creams, is it?

Quackamatic, that's terrific!

Good job with the eraser, Emily!

Pinky - Feb 28, 2004 4:39 am (#2863 of 2955)

Oooh look! This duckie must have done bathtub duty at one time. Look - a soap suds dispenser! *squirts suds everywhere*

The Great Abbycadabra - Feb 28, 2004 6:16 am (#2864 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 27, 2004 10:18 pm

*jumps out from behind curtain* TAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! What?! You guys weren't looking? I just escaped from a straitjacket! An incredible trick! It only took me 310 posts to escape! And no one saw! Ugh. Oh, well.

Okay, I'm not going to be trying any escape tricks for a while. *rummages in bagpipe* Here, Marie, I have an extra Brady tiki idol. I always keep extras. *rummages in bagpipe some more* Oh, here's my official Jan Brady Hawaiian outfit--complete with pineapple on the pocket. Ah, yes, very nice indeed.

I can't say that I'm terribly sad I missed Mardi Gras. I just finished trying to avoid it in Muggleland. I sure am glad I'm back in time for Hawaii. I need to work on my bagpipe hula.

Pyro, aren't all Johnny Depp movies your favourite? *fingers crossed for Johnny's Oscar on Sunday night*

*plays "Aloha Oe" on bagpipe*

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 28, 2004 3:13 pm (#2865 of 2955)

I think this thing is powered by Canary Creams *jumps as duck molts suddenly*.

Ooooh noo. Someone cover Viola's eyes-- I think I saw a butterfly!

Ticker - Feb 28, 2004 5:19 pm (#2866 of 2955)

*Slides across the sudsy duckie to give Abby a bubbly hug*

Cool trick with the bagpipe & soap bubbles: dip the tip in the soap then blow a bubble tune which will play only when popped. Definitely take some to the game - I hear the crater has great accoustics.

PyroGrl - Feb 28, 2004 5:47 pm (#2867 of 2955)

Abby, I'm afraid you are mistaken...I love Finding Nemo and other movies like that. Smile. But I am also crossing my fingers in hopes of a win!

Lava? There's no lava here...

Marie E. - Feb 29, 2004 1:58 am (#2868 of 2955)

Aw, pyro, there's always hope. He won the SAG award, remember!

Oooo...can we bedpan surf on lava? Surely there's a spell that will keep us from spontaneous combustion.

PyroGrl - Feb 29, 2004 3:30 am (#2869 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 28, 2004 7:31 pm

Nope, sorry Marie! The bedpans will but only if they TOUCH the lava...I suggest you don't go near it anyway. Boo-hoo on the other team. I have an advantage! Whoot!

Blast - Feb 29, 2004 5:35 am (#2870 of 2955)

Hey Abby, could you please play Ring of Fire?

The Great Abbycadabra - Feb 29, 2004 7:03 am (#2871 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 28, 2004 11:03 pm

*hugs Ticker back, then dips bagpipe in the bubbles* Great idea!

Pyro, my official Oscar picks this year include Johnny winning. Let's hope the people with the power agree with me.

Sure thing, Blast! *plays bubbly rendition of "Ring of Fire" on good ole trusty, slightly wet bagpipe*

Viola Intonada - Feb 29, 2004 6:05 pm (#2872 of 2955)

Abby, Abby, Abby!!! You're back!!!! Please let one of us know before you try that straight jacket trick again. I hate to think of you stuck in it again for another 300 posts.

*gives Abby a great big hug. looks over Abby's shoulder, sees butterfly*

Oh, what a pretty butterfly! *absently steers toward it*

Liz Mann - Feb 29, 2004 6:26 pm (#2873 of 2955)

Viola, focus! Ignore the butterfly or you're going to walk right off the edge of the rubber duck.

Marie E. - Feb 29, 2004 7:18 pm (#2874 of 2955)

*grabs the back of Viola's robes, just in the nick of time*

*gets distracted by something shiny and lets go*

Liz Mann - Feb 29, 2004 7:53 pm (#2875 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 29, 2004 12:22 pm

Viola! Patient overboard! Throw out the life ring... what do you mean we don't have a life ring...? What...? A blow-up bowl of jello on the end of a rope...? Oh for the love of Merlin! Well, throw that in, then!

I've started reading this thread from the beginning. I'm up to post number 47 and only have 2828 left to go!

By the way, whatever happened to Calamari nights?

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 29, 2004 8:29 pm (#2876 of 2955)

Viola! It's not real jello, stop eating it!

Liz Mann - Feb 29, 2004 9:08 pm (#2877 of 2955)

Oh no, you've punctured it with your teeth! Do we have another one?

Hermionefan(#1) - Feb 29, 2004 9:33 pm (#2878 of 2955)
Edited by Feb 29, 2004 1:35 pm

No, I don't think we do, do we? I wouldn't know.

EDIT: That was a pretty pointless post--all I did was contradict myself--but I guess that's what we do at St Mungo's, isn't it?

Liz Mann - Feb 29, 2004 10:23 pm (#2879 of 2955)

Yep, that's why we're here.

Erm, erm, erm... well, just grab onto the burst rubber duck and we'll pull you out, Viola.

Blast - Feb 29, 2004 11:02 pm (#2880 of 2955)

Just tap the Quackamatic on the beak with your wand, it will automatically pick up the person in it's beak, just sometimes it has a nasty habit of swallowing the person to be saved.

Sabotage - Feb 29, 2004 11:34 pm (#2881 of 2955)

Jeez! I'm gone for a week and there's a million entries to read!! Well I just won't read them. Can someone give me the gist of it?

And for those who care: I will be entering the first chapter of my story. Just look for the name Willa (it's only temporary).

Blast - Mar 1, 2004 2:15 am (#2882 of 2955)

Oh no, Viola's disappeared! I guess that we'll just have to let nature take it's course. Hang on Viola, it might be a rough ride. Who remembers the expelling curse?

Pinky - Mar 1, 2004 2:51 am (#2883 of 2955)

Perhaps the duck will take an exchange? *tosses an odd man-shaped gold statuette into the duck's beak* Yes, it worked! Viola's back!

(Can you tell what I'm watching on tv right now?)

The Great Abbycadabra - Mar 1, 2004 8:30 pm (#2884 of 2955)

Viola! You're back! *gives Viola a hug* I'm sorry, guys. Next time I'll be sure to mention it before I go off on an elaborate escape trick. Now, Viola, chasing butterflies can lead to no good. Tsk, tsk.

Pinky, I just can't imagine what you were watching when you posted that.

Liz Mann - Mar 1, 2004 8:58 pm (#2885 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 1, 2004 12:58 pm

You notice that the whole time we've been fussing over her, Viola hasn't said a word? My, she'll have a fun time reading those posts when she gets back!

No one answered my question about calamari night. *pout*

prof sprout - Mar 1, 2004 9:28 pm (#2886 of 2955)

I don't know what happened to Calamari night, I thought it was squid Sundays. We can move it to what ever night you would like.

Blast - Mar 1, 2004 10:27 pm (#2887 of 2955)

Land ho, that is we're just pulling up to Don Ho's beachfront property. Time to count heads, are we all here? Good we should find a nice hotel.

Hermionefan(#1) - Mar 1, 2004 10:45 pm (#2888 of 2955)

I'm here! Do we get roommates in the hotel or our own rooms? Who wants to share a room with me?

PyroGrl - Mar 1, 2004 10:53 pm (#2889 of 2955)

**Is sulking** Poo on Sean Penn.

Emily - Mar 1, 2004 11:44 pm (#2890 of 2955)

I'll be your room-mate, Hermionefan#1!

Who is Sean Penn?

Pinky - Mar 1, 2004 11:47 pm (#2891 of 2955)

He won the Oscar for Best Actor, Emily. I think Pyro must have wanted someone else to win -- Johnny Depp maybe?

I don't need a hotel room, thanks. I've made a nest for myself in that tree over there. *pops a canary cream into my mouth and flutters over to nest*

Liz Mann - Mar 2, 2004 12:05 am (#2892 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 1, 2004 4:06 pm

Me neither, I borrowed Perkins's tent. I just need some air freshener to get rid of the smell of cats.

Pyro - I share your grief.

A-is-for-Amy - Mar 2, 2004 12:28 am (#2893 of 2955)

I'm bunking on the duck to keep it safe from Moody. We've got time for a practice session before the game... anyone up for a little nighttime badpan quidditch over the lovely glow of hot lava?

Gina R Snape - Mar 2, 2004 4:25 am (#2894 of 2955)

Sev and I made a lovely tent out of a cauldron. We'll be bunking in there 'til morning. If you start to hear loud noises, disregard. He'll never admit it, but sometimes Severus snores...

Blast - Mar 2, 2004 4:45 am (#2895 of 2955)

It doesn't matter where we shelter, who wants room sevice anyway. Accio pineapple. We could have a luao on the beach tonight. Pass the poi, hey there's Magnum, he looks a little rough around the edges.

The Great Abbycadabra - Mar 2, 2004 6:43 am (#2896 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 1, 2004 10:43 pm

*stops playing "Aloha Oe" on bagpipe momentarily* Maybe we can start a support group for Pyro. I'm rather disappointed myself.

*sets up limbo pole for the luao and starts playing "Aloha Oe" again*

prof sprout - Mar 2, 2004 3:12 pm (#2897 of 2955)

Limbo, luau, Calamari, pineapple, we are all set for some relaxation before the Tournament. We have been doing real well, go Maniacs! Beat those Coconuts!

There has been a slight change also, they have two different bludgers, one coconut, and one pineapple. Make sure our beaters play attention real well, nothing like pineapple pokes to the face.

Liz Mann - Mar 2, 2004 4:17 pm (#2898 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 2, 2004 8:42 am

Amy, that's a good idea! Practice everyone!

Then we luao! Hula Dancer!

Ticker - Mar 2, 2004 5:03 pm (#2899 of 2955)

Blast, be sure you get your fill of fruit before the game. I would hate to see what happens if you accidentally Accio their bludgers.

(Unpacks trunk...) What is this? It looks like sod...Oh my! It appears I ordered a grass robe rather than a Hawaiian grass skirt...(pulls on robe) Well, at least it doesn't feel like sod...and how cute is this? (Points to mini golf course on the back of robe.) Well if that isn't just spiffy!

(Proudly pins on her DIGS pin & absolutely refuses to take part in anything that has to do with calamari...)

Alright Liz (hops on bedpan) - race you to the top of the volcano!

Viola Intonada - Mar 2, 2004 7:41 pm (#2900 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 2, 2004 11:42 am

Wow, what an exciting trip! I swear I will never chase another butterfly again! *holds up hands to show no crossed fingers, but crosses toes* Thank you for saving me folks. While everyone practices I will start roasting the pig. That way I can dry out my clothes by the fire.

Oh my! Has anyone seen my viola a bow? I sure hope they didn't fall overboard with me.

Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Posts 2901 to 2955 (end of the thread)

Post  Lady Arabella on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:47 am

Gina R Snape - Mar 2, 2004 9:20 pm (#2901 of 2955)

Mmmmmmmm, pineapple.

Hermionefan(#1) - Mar 2, 2004 10:30 pm (#2902 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 2, 2004 2:30 pm

Okay, Emily, I officially name you my room mate! Did I mention that my name is Emily? We shall be the Emilies in room... which room are we? Oh, Room 12! We shall be the Emilies of Room 12!

Hey Gina, pass the pineapple!

Liz Mann - Mar 2, 2004 10:53 pm (#2903 of 2955)

Viola - I have a violin, will the bow for that do? Violin

PyroGrl - Mar 2, 2004 10:55 pm (#2904 of 2955)

Can I be in room 21?

Emily - Mar 2, 2004 10:57 pm (#2905 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 2, 2004 2:59 pm

Yay, I'm an Emily in Room 12! Yes, I knew that was your name. But it seems like we are the only ones staying in a hotel. Oh well, their loss.

So, who's up for some Hula lessons with the locals? Hula Dancer Hawaii!

Are we going to have time to sight-see in Hawaii? Aloha Palm Tree Hawaiian Tropical Island.

BTW, I just got smiley central, so I'm going to be using lots of smileys in my next few posts! That's why.

BTW2, when are we going to play in the UK? I'm sure our lovely ducky can take us across the wide blue ocean! That is, if the Slytherins don't get at it!

Istari Jones - Mar 2, 2004 11:38 pm (#2906 of 2955)

If we're on a World Tour, let's go to Japan, next, or the South Seas Islands, or Australia. Or Guam.

While we're in Hawaii I'll live in a pineapple under the sea. (uses Bubble-Head charm to go underwater) Nah...How about that luau...lu-ow...loo-ow...How 'bout some S'mores and hot dogs and Snape beverages on the beach later tonight?

Ticker - Mar 2, 2004 11:46 pm (#2907 of 2955)

I am staying on the beach in my trunk. It looks like a prickly plant to muggles & the inside has been modified a bit as well...

Oh no! Viola you just can't lose your bow! (Frantically runs all over the beach looking for it...) Liz does your violin bow do,... um, is it multi-purpose?!?

Liz Mann - Mar 3, 2004 12:04 am (#2908 of 2955)

Not a clue.

Ticker - Mar 3, 2004 2:08 am (#2909 of 2955)

Does the bubble-head charm make you float?

A-is-for-Amy - Mar 3, 2004 2:50 am (#2910 of 2955)

Never fear! Viola's bow is safe and sound! Ducky had it jammed in his squeaker (that's gotta hurt!). Pass the Pineapple- and what is "poi" anyway?

Sabotage - Mar 3, 2004 3:14 am (#2911 of 2955)

OH NO! Did I miss the match? Oh confound my parents! Well for those of you who are wondering I have just posted my story (for the second time, I had to delete the first one).

Am I in Hawaii?

Where am I?

Why is there sand in my undergarments?

Viola Intonada - Mar 3, 2004 3:44 am (#2912 of 2955)

Oh! Thank you, thank you, Amy! I'm so glad to have it back. I'll just transfigure this extra pineapple here. And Voila, a new viola!

Thanks for the offer, Liz. Btw, Liz, don't tell anyone, but my viola bow really is a violin bow, I never went out to buy a new one after I switched instruments, shhhh.

Hey, for tomorrow I hope no one minds, but I chartered us a boat for after the game. It is for a three hour tour on a boat called the Minnow. The sailors' names are Skipper and Gilligan, Everyone want to come along?

Blast - Mar 3, 2004 3:59 am (#2913 of 2955)

Well the lava looks nice and well -  just don't put your toes in it. I'm staying in an old abandond muggle submarine. It's just a little one big enough for two people. Abby, how about some theme music for practice -  maybe Dance On A Volcano, or Hot Stuff?

Marie E. - Mar 3, 2004 6:01 am (#2914 of 2955)

Oh, oh, I had hula lessons last summer. How fun!

* joins in the hula dance, everyone is jealous of Marie's graceful hand movements*

*Marie trips and falls over backwards*

Oof!

Fawkes Forever - Mar 3, 2004 11:27 am (#2915 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 3, 2004 3:28 am

*POP... Fawkes appears on the beach & breaks Maries fall**

Aloha Folks!
Yay, finally made it to Hawaii.... I missed the Rubber Ducky by a nanosecond. I hopped on my bedpan surf board & followed you guys all the way to the panama canal.... but once you hit Warp Speed, I couldn't keep up with the Speedy Duckomatic!

Then I spotted a market on one side of the canal, so I paddled my bedpan surf board over & went to puruse the stalls. I guess it was a Magical Market, seeing as most of the wares included eyes of newts & lunascopes. I made a B-line for the books stall, and.... I found a book on Aparition! How handy was that? So I read it cover to cover.... even though it was written in Latin American Spanish, hee hee. Actually I used my 'pencil' to perform a nifty Translatum biblio to convert it into English & voila I'm here! (note, yes my Latin is as bad as my LA Spanish )

La la la, so I'm ready to start the hula, or did someone mention a game of BedPan Quidditch by the light of the Lava ... one could say, we're using a lava lamp *ba dum ksh ... drum sounds for my cheesy joke Fawkes is suddenly aware that everyone is staring & pointing at her legs*

Marie, whats wrong....? Emmm, what do you mean it didn't work..... *Looks down at her feet* AHHHHHHHH, where are my legs? *Flop ... Fawkes faints*

A-is-for-Amy - Mar 3, 2004 1:41 pm (#2916 of 2955)

Does anyone know how to un-splinch Fawkes?? Count me in for the Three hour tour! Can I bring my entire wardrobe and a crate of radio-active vegetable seeds?

Fawkes Forever - Mar 3, 2004 2:32 pm (#2917 of 2955)

Oh 'tis ok..... I had a few of those disillusionment charms... (cleverly disguised as eggs) in my pocket. When Marie fell on me as I aparated, they cracked & went down my legs! Remember I brought them so we could hide the Jello Sub, incase anyone from the Ministry or St Mungo’s caught up with us! I wondered where they had got to... hmm, suppose I can be thankful that I didn't eat them in that omlette! I don't have any counter charms however.... but I'm beginning to like the feeling almost floating... ok well, I'm not actually floating... but it sure looks that way... hee hee

As for lodgings, my BedPan surfboard converts into a tent... very handy indeedy!

Hmm, a 3 hour boat trip.... in a boat called the Minnow you say... sign me up *Slips on a dodgy looking Hawaiian shirt, floppy sunhat & over sized sunglasses.... * Ok, when do we go?

By the way Amy, there was some guy with a mad-looking bright blue eye asking for you.... I said I didn't know you!

prof sprout - Mar 3, 2004 3:07 pm (#2918 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 3, 2004 7:08 am

If we win in Hawaii, I think we are going to go to Japan. I think they fly on woks. I'm not sure of their mascot, though, I think it is the Japan Sashimis (Sashimi is what most Americans think Sushi is, Sashimi is actually the raw fish type of sushi.) I went to Japan last August it was a blast.

How weird, Alastor asked me if I had a seen a giant rubber duck. I told him I'm the only one in the group to have a wand so a Rubber Duck wouldn't be of any use to my crowd. He just walked away mumbling something under his breath, about catching the person and turning them into a ferret. Luckily none of my residents know anything right?

P.S. Fawkes I can help you with your Spanish, or a little bit of Japanese.

A-is-for-Amy - Mar 3, 2004 4:22 pm (#2919 of 2955)

How do you do? My name is ... Jane Doe! Does anyone happen to have an extra-large tarp for hiding giant du....automobiles? *walks away with hands in pockets, whistling innocently*

Liz Mann - Mar 3, 2004 7:55 pm (#2920 of 2955)

Sabotage - don't worry, you haven't missed the game.

Viola Intonada - Mar 3, 2004 9:20 pm (#2921 of 2955)

Here, um, Jane, I just happen to take an extra large tarp with me.

I think I might take my entire wardrobe with me also on our three hour tour. Prof. Sprout, you will come with us, right?

Emily - Mar 3, 2004 10:27 pm (#2922 of 2955)

Hmm... a tour on the boat called the Minnow? Sounds good! Can I pretend I'm a money-obsessed multi-millionare! Fun! Money Credit Card Safe Dollar Smiley Gold Coins <---Look! I have Muggle money and Galleons!

Hermionefan(#1) - Mar 3, 2004 10:55 pm (#2923 of 2955)

So the game is tomorrow then?

I'll ride the Minnow tour boat thingermajiggie! Emily, it looks like pyro will be in the hotel, but I think her room is a few floors above ours.

Blast - Mar 3, 2004 11:13 pm (#2924 of 2955)

You have to be careful where you fly here. The muggles in uniforms get a little upset if you fly near them. Is the Minnow a big ship like the muggle ones with the flat tops?

Sabotage - Mar 4, 2004 1:09 am (#2925 of 2955)

So when is the game?

Where are the stands?

Istari Jones - Mar 4, 2004 3:58 am (#2926 of 2955)

Oooo, can I be the gorgeous movie star?

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,

A tale of tragic luck,

That started from this tropic port

Aboard a rubber duck.

The Captain was a crazy Maniac,

The Beaters and Chasers too,

They flew upon their bedpans bright,

O'er sand and ocean blue.

Just add your rhymes to this fine song

Our lovely homily

For several stranded Maniacs

A jello'd family

(Sorry these are pretty lame lyrics, but noting much was coming to mind!)

Liz Mann - Mar 4, 2004 3:55 pm (#2927 of 2955)

LOL!!

Ticker - Mar 4, 2004 5:27 pm (#2928 of 2955)

HAHAHAHAHA-gack,choke..Heee,heee,heee. It's not safe to laugh that hard while rolling on the sand.

Ticker - Mar 4, 2004 8:40 pm (#2929 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 4, 2004 12:45 pm

Wow! It's been so long since I've left St. Mungo's I didn't know I wasn't a member of the Lexicon Forum. Guess I'll have to wish Kierryn a happy birthday from here - Happy Day little girl! She surely has gone from 0 - 1 in less than a year! Does she have a Time-Turner?

And while I'm at it - congratulations Denise on your superb composure & caring over the last 3 years!

Viola Intonada - Mar 5, 2004 1:30 am (#2930 of 2955)

LOL, Istari, I love the lyrics!

Kierryn is a year old already? Wow!

It looks like our Minnow cruise is booking up fast. Everyone else better hurry!

Hey, the pig is done, lets start our luau. *plays viola like a ukelele*

Ticker - Mar 5, 2004 1:48 am (#2931 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 4, 2004 5:54 pm

I have this funny feeling about that cruise - ever since a skinny, shawled woman in large glasses spoke to me about it in a gruff voice...

The weather started getting rough

The tiny ship was lost

If not for the insanity

Of the Jello'd crew

The Minnow would be lost

The Minnow would be lost...

Ticker - Mar 5, 2004 3:46 am (#2932 of 2955)

Hello...

Has the Minnow been lost? Is anyone else out there? Viola, did they leave without us?

Gina R Snape - Mar 5, 2004 4:29 am (#2933 of 2955)

LOL. Those lyrics were brilliant!

D'you guys realise we are up to post 2933?! We originally set sail on the jello submarine out of fear of being ousted from the thread. Now we're off on an adventure and still here at the same time...

I think I'm going to make every post as though it will be our last on this thread. *sniff*  After all, it very well could be...

Pinky - Mar 5, 2004 4:34 am (#2934 of 2955)

What will be fascinating to find out, is who will be the lucky one to be the first to find out this thread is full? They can start the new one!

Denise P. - Mar 5, 2004 4:38 am (#2935 of 2955)

2978 will be the last one before it locks.

Hem Hem - Mar 5, 2004 5:49 am (#2936 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 4, 2004 9:50 pm

Everybody, just make sure that you pack enough clothing for three months on the three hour tour!

*sniffs greatly* I can hardly belive that it may only take two more days before this thread is done!

Maré - Mar 5, 2004 9:59 am (#2937 of 2955)

How can you know the exact number Denise?

Blast - Mar 5, 2004 11:17 am (#2938 of 2955)

Well let's get this game underway then we can go sight seeing.

prof sprout - Mar 5, 2004 3:05 pm (#2939 of 2955)

So the thread locks up, can we start a St. Mungo’s #2? And they condense this thread?

Three hour tour, huh sure why not. I think it would be fun.

* *looks at her residents and makes sure none are ferrets yet. ** breathes a sigh a relief it has not happened on my watch**

Ticker - Mar 5, 2004 5:56 pm (#2940 of 2955)

Maré - I think Denise has also been talking with the skinny, shawled woman in large glasses...

It has been foretold that the number of St Mungo's Roll Call! shall be 2978, neither more nor less...

(Fire-proofs her sod robe & heads up for the match)

Istari Jones - Mar 5, 2004 8:32 pm (#2941 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 5, 2004 12:36 pm

No brooms, no wands,

No fellytones,

No eckletricity,

No cauldrons, portkeys,

Quidditch pitch,

Or Honeydukes will we see.

Like Prisoners on Azkaban

We'll sit around and wait

To see where our destiny will lie

Past post 2978.

So join us here each day, dear friends,

As our story grows

From our creative imaginings

Right here at St. Mungo's!
[

Hermionefan(#1) - Mar 5, 2004 9:18 pm (#2942 of 2955)

Nice lyrics, Istari (I spelled it right without looking this time!)

In honor of St Mungo's, I say, well I can't think of anything to say so never mind. Who will try to post #2978? I cannot wait to see!

Ticker - Mar 5, 2004 10:16 pm (#2943 of 2955)

*Falls off bedpan* Oh Istari! You are just too funny!

Blast - Mar 5, 2004 11:15 pm (#2944 of 2955)

Almost as good as cheese, Istari.

Okay everybody I’ve installed some firefighting equipment on your bedpans. Just say “Flamus off” and the water guns should work automatically. If they don't please keep the screaming down to a modest level.

Abby how about a little Hot Hot Hot to get us going.

A-is-for-Amy - Mar 5, 2004 11:33 pm (#2945 of 2955)

Okay, the other team is here... they may regret wearing those grass skirts over the lava, though. Don't forget that the heat may distort the way the goals look! And away we go! Is our announcer anywhere about?

Denise P. - Mar 6, 2004 1:03 am (#2946 of 2955)

Whoops, I did calculations wrongs...there are a whopping 9 posts left after this one!

Istari Jones - Mar 6, 2004 1:17 am (#2947 of 2955)

*Totally Freaking Out!*

Only Nine? That means only 8 now, right? Do we really want to post a lot of silly posts now? We don't want the end to come along too soon, do we? Or, are we going to race to be the last post?

Thanks for the compliments, all. Good luck on the game. Should we use sunscreen on our backsides when we fly over the lava? To quote Ron, we don't want to look like "baboon's backsides", after all!

Hem Hem - Mar 6, 2004 1:23 am (#2948 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 5, 2004 5:29 pm

I feel like this is some New Years fireworks count down...everybody chime in together...

Ten...Nine...Eight...Seven...

Oops! The fireworks malfunctioned! FWOOOSH!KABABABABOOOOOOOM!Fizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz POP!

*faints from html overuse, while crying with grief*

They're freeing us soon, aren't they?

Pinky - Mar 6, 2004 3:12 am (#2949 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 5, 2004 7:14 pm

Aaaahhhh!!!!! Everyone - run quick - back to the duckomatic or anything that floats! We must get back to the security of the real St. Mungo's before it is closed forever. Remember when we had to go to the Annex last spring? I think some members were lost forever in the rubble. Everybody, RUN!

PS - this thread was begun on March 20, 2003. It almost made it a whole year. Wow!

Viola Intonada - Mar 6, 2004 3:44 am (#2950 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 5, 2004 7:46 pm

Wow, with so few left I feel like I have to say something very deep and philisophical..hum...eh, maybe not! Well I guess we are the inmates of St. Mungo's, no matter where we are! (Annex, Annex II, here, new thread...)

Don't panic yet, Pinky, we still have four more post to go. We have proven you can get a lot accomplished in just a few posts. Then again, we have also proven the opposite, too.

Alright, on to the quidditch match...since I am the referee...

Now listen up! I want a clean game everyone. You know the rules. Mount your bedpans and surfboards, and let the match begin.

*Releases quaffle, bludgers, and the snitch, blows whistle. Wipes tear from eye. Watches the players intently.*

Oh, what a pretty butterfly....

Gina R Snape - Mar 6, 2004 5:22 am (#2951 of 2955)

*goes flying through on her bedpan*

Sorry, folks. I am not wasting my last possible post on a game!

I'm off to fly throught the halls one last time. Sorry if I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. *sniff, sniff*

Good-bye old friend, oh these hallowed halls of madness I've traversed the past year.

*whoosh, whoosh*

The Snape ward, the Lupin ward, the DBMIR (Don’t Bother Me, I’m Reading) ward, the new baby ward, the tainted, strobing jello, the calamari, the pencil wands, the magic fishbowl. Oh, boo hoo hoo. The endless canary creams, and Snape beverages billed to Lucius Malfoy. The giant purple sloth. The fire alarms going off from our resident (now gone) poltergeist.

Good-bye old thread...

good thing I have my darling Severus to console me...

wormsé - Mar 6, 2004 6:22 am (#2952 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 5, 2004 10:23 pm

... *begins to pack as tears silently fall* Oh!, such a sad night it is tonight! Goodbye to my room in the DIGS ward.... *walks towards door and sees a patch of old purple hair* LJ! My heart has never felt as heavy as it does this night...

Accio Bedpan!! I do believe I will join Gina on this one last zoom throughout the halls....

May all the memories of St. Mungo's be imprinted on all our hearts forevermore... *bursts into tears*

Maré - Mar 6, 2004 10:25 am (#2953 of 2955)

Okay so this is it then, two more after this one....

Look at the bright side, we get to redecorate the entire new St. Mungo's. All the souvenirs from the trips can go at the walls and we can create whole new wards. Any-one in favour for pink-limegreen striped walls say "AYE" !

Istari Jones - Mar 6, 2004 2:47 pm (#2954 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 6, 2004 7:00 am

The door opens with a small c-r-rreaakkk. The large room is bare, and dark, and cold. The blackness outside the windows cannot compete with the blackness within the walls. A flash of lightning lights up the dark shining marbled floor. Echoes of footsteps softly reverberate and ghostly voices of friends long ago answer the footstep's call. The movie marathons, the Snape-in-Drag Ballroom Dancing Competitions, the parties, and the adventures are too but echoes of a time long past.

I cross to the window and survey the burnt remains of an old Quidditch stadium incinerated during a wonderful birthday party not yet a year ago. There in the distance I see a new Quidditch Stadium and the homes of Outer Mungolia. I trail a finger along the walls as I walk slowly to the door and out into the lighted hall. The suitcases are packed there and waiting, as are the memories. I close my door one last time with a small *click*.

I have read that Hades is not an Inferno, but emptiness, complete and terribly cold. In that place is the sense of being alone, and abandoned without love and companionship for all of eternity. There is sadness there, overwhelming, and complete, and eternal. I know that none of us are going now to a place like that. Not us! Where we're going is full of life and light and fun!

I will miss this place. But is it really this place I will miss? Nah, not really. I will miss all that happened here, that's all. You really cannot go home again, but you can go to visit.

So...(rubs hands together) I call first dibs on a corner room with a great view! Anyone need a moving buddy? I think we should have a blow-out party on arrival to our new home! I wonder if the ghost of Elvis is available? And boy, am I tempted to post one last time! Hey! I had a brain flash! If we go back and delete some of the nonesstial posts we would have more room to post now, wouldn't we? You know, delete the ones that say only "LOL" and stuff like that? (Stubs toe into the ground) Well, it was worth a try...

Has anyone heard from Caitlin McCoy lately? She began this post. It would be fitting if she wrote this last one........

Gina R Snape - Mar 6, 2004 3:31 pm (#2955 of 2955)
Edited by Mar 6, 2004 7:34 am

Oh, Istari! *sob, sob, moan, moan* That was so touching. It was so Garrison Keiller.

I pack up the rest of my belongings, turn around to find...one of Severus' robes he left behind in my wardrobe. Whoops. Don't want to forget my toothbrush and souvenier multi-flavoured toothpaste from the fallout shelter.

Over here...an unemptied cup of jello. Over there...a torn wanted poster of Sirius Black, complete with dart holes in it (now how did that happen?!?!)

It's a bit chilly in here. They must have turned off the heat already. Even the 'protective' bars on the window have been taken down.

Ooooh, found my wand! Sssshhhh, don't tell the staff...

Good-bye.
Good-bye.
Good-bye...

Hey Istari!!!! Race you to the front door!!!!!!!!!!!!

The St. Mungo's Roll Call! is hereby closed...

*click*
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Re: Part A - St. Mungo's Roll Call Has Been Moved Here! (March 2003, to March 2004)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top