HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 Questions (Vol. V)

+8
Puck
Choices
azi
freshwater
Betelgeuse Black
shepherdess
Solitaire
Potteraholic
12 posters

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 2 Empty Re: 20 Questions (Vol. V)

Post  Potteraholic Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:35 am

Okay, so we know it's something in an even-numbered chapter (Q#18), and that it's mentioned after the 1st task, but before the 2nd... And there are two even-numbered chapters left before Harry actually performs the 2nd task, including the part of the chapter in which the 2nd task is found, chapters 24 and 26, so 50/50 time.... (chapter # choice dictated by question # 20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 2 2752390508)

24. Is this object first mentioned in chapter 24?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:58 am

1. Is it a tangible object? Yes.
2. Is it magical? Yes.
3. Is it first mentioned before GoF? No, I don't think so ... not specifically.
4. Is it first mentioned specifically before we meet Rufus Scrimgeour? Yes.
5. Does this magical object belong to a male? No.
6. Does it belong to an adult? No.
7. Is the object worth a lot of money? I'm not really sure how to answer this. Its worth is probably contingent on a number of factors, that it is magical being one of them. It is certainly important to our story.
8. Is it bigger than a breadbox? Yes.
9. Is this object first mentioned specifically in OotP? No.
10. Is it first mentioned in GoF? Yes, I think so. While it may have been mentioned in a general way as existing in earlier books, I think this is the first time we see it mentioned in a way that it is important to the action of the scene. (Does that make sense?)
11. Does this object belong to a Hogwarts student? No.
12. When this object was first mentioned in GoF, was it during the 2nd half of the book (chs. 19 onwards)? No, it is mentioned briefly in the first half of the book. I'm sorry Embarassed ... I was thinking of a specific incident in the second half, but it is definitely mentioned earlier in the book.
13. Is this object first mentioned before the 3rd task? Yes, it is.
14. Is this object first mentioned before the 2nd task? Yes.
15. Is this object first mentioned before the 1st task? Yes, briefly, I think. (This is the answer I initially posted to the question; I went back and checked.) I do not know what happened here or how I came to change it ... getting flustered with some update and pasting something in the wrong place, I suppose. Embarassed I'm sorry for the confusion.
16. Would this magical object be considered dark? No.
17. Is this object utilized by a Hogwarts student? I'm not sure if "utilized" is the right word. There is certainly contact with the object.
18. Is this object first mentioned in an even-numbered chapter? Yes.
19. Is this thing alive? No.
20. Does Harry come in contact with this object? Yes, he does.
21. Does Harry come into contact with this object while attempting to solve the puzzle of the 2nd task? I'm going to say yes, because I think you are referring to the same time frame as I am when you say "attempting to solve the puzzle."
22. Is this object first mentioned in either chapters 20 or 22? PAH, I did a quick scan, and I'm going to say no. I'll check closer when I get back later and have more time ... but I don't think it's in either chapter.
23. Does this magical object belong to the school? Yes.
24. Is this object first mentioned in Chapter 24? No. See question #15.

PAH, please go back and check question #15. I'm still not quite sure how the answer came to be changed in the post after I first answered it (correctly, with a yes). I work from a Mac "sticky" and try to make all of the changes/updates there before posting them. I won't go into what I think happened; I can only apologize that I didn't catch it at once. I'm sorry for the confusion.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 2 Empty 20 Qs, #255

Post  Potteraholic Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:04 am

Hehe... I'm just trying to ask a simple Yes/No question, honest. 20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 2 2222139670 Okay, let's see... maybe this will do it...

25. Is the even-numbered chapter in which this object is first mentioned, however briefly, a double-digit number?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:33 pm

26. Does this magical object help Harry in some way?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:08 pm

2. Is it magical? Yes.
7. Is the object worth a lot of money? I'm not really sure how to answer this. Its worth is probably contingent on a number of factors, that it is magical being one of them. It is certainly important to our story.
10. Is it first mentioned in GoF? Yes, I think so. While it may have been mentioned in a general way as existing in earlier books, I think this is the first time we see it mentioned in a way that it is important to the action of the scene. (Does that make sense?)
12. When this object was first mentioned in GoF, was it during the 2nd half of the book (chs. 19 onwards)? No, it is mentioned briefly in the first half of the book. I'm sorry Embarassed ... I was thinking of a specific incident in the second half, but it is definitely mentioned earlier in the book.
15. Is this object first mentioned before the 1st task? Yes, briefly, I think. (This is the answer I initially posted to the question; I went back and checked.) I do not know what happened here or how I came to change it ... getting flustered with some update and pasting something in the wrong place, I suppose. Embarassed I'm sorry for the confusion.
17. Is this object utilized by a Hogwarts student? I'm not sure if "utilized" is the right word. There is certainly contact with the object.
21. Does Harry come into contact with this object while attempting to solve the puzzle of the 2nd task? I'm going to say yes, because I think you are referring to the same time frame as I am when you say "attempting to solve the puzzle."
22. Is this object first mentioned in either chapters 20 or 22? PAH, I did a quick scan, and I'm going to say no. I'll check closer when I get back later and have more time ... but I don't think it's in either chapter.
25. Is the even-numbered chapter in which this object is first mentioned, however briefly, a double-digit number? Yes.
26. Does this magical object help Harry in some way? Nooooo.

I think things should be okay now. I copied the post I made this morning (with the corrections) and pasted it into my "working sticky," so that everything is now consistent. Hopefully, I won't have one answer on the sticky and an updated or "improved" one on the post ... that does not get carried over the next time I paste in what is on the "working sticky" ... if THAT makes sense! (Please be patient ... it's been a very strange day.)
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:24 pm

27. Is this object first mentioned before the Fake Moody's first DADA lesson?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:32 pm

2. Is it magical? Yes.
25. Is the even-numbered chapter in which this object is first mentioned, however briefly, a double-digit number? Yes.
27. Is this object first mentioned before the Fake Moody's first DADA lesson? Yes ... briefly.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Just to be sure...

28. Is this object first mentioned in either chapters 10 or 12?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:39 pm

2. Is it magical? Yes.
27. Is this object first mentioned before the Fake Moody's first DADA lesson? Yes ... briefly.
28. Is this object first mentioned in either chapters 10 or 12? Yes.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:14 am

Okay, so now we'll know what chapter it's in, tho' I don't have any of my books with me... I'll leave it to the rest of the crew to work it out. 20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 2 2752390508

29. Is this object first mentioned in chapter 12?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:44 am

2. Is it magical? Yes.
29. Is this object first mentioned in chapter 12? Yes.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:32 pm

30. Does this object harm Harry in some way?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:56 pm

2. Is it magical? Yes.
30. Does this object harm Harry in some way? No, it doesn't actually harm him.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:24 am

31. Is this object located inside the castle?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:44 am

2. Is it magical? Yes.
30. Does this object harm Harry in some way? No.
31. Is this object located inside the castle? Yes, ma'am.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:26 am

32. Is it found in Gryffindor Tower?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 am

2. Is it magical? Yes.
32. Is it found in Gryffindor Tower? No.

Do I need to give a hint?
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:33 pm

33. Is it found in one of the classrooms?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:53 pm

2. Is it magical? Yes.
33. Is it found in one of the classrooms? No.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Hmmm... so what things do we know about this tangible magical object?
It's bigger than a breadbox, is first mentioned (albeit briefly) in ch, 12 of GoF, and Harry comes into contact with it. It is not alive, it belongs to the school and is found inside the castle. It is not considered Dark and does not harm Harry. It "is mentioned in a way that it is important to the action of the scene." It is somehow connected with Harry performing the 2nd task (my way of paraphrasing Q #21's answer... forgive me if it's wrong).

Okay, lol, after all that, I still have no idea so. After checking the Lex's chapter outline, I'm grasping at straws, but here it goes...

34. Does this object have anything to do with the house-elves?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:17 am

2. Is it magical? Yes.
34. Does this object have anything to do with the house-elves? No.

That's a good summation, PAH.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks, Solitaire.

35. Is this object first mentioned/seen/discussed before DD's welcome speech?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:30 am

2. Is it magical? Yes.
35. Is this object first mentioned/seen/discussed before DD's welcome speech? No, it's closer to the end of that chapter.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:16 am

Does this object have something to do with (the fake) Moody?

20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 2 1830404331
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:57 am

2. Is it magical? Yes.
35. Is this object first mentioned/seen/discussed before DD's welcome speech? No, it's closer to the end of that chapter.
36. Does this object have something to do with (the fake) Moody? Good question, BB. While the object itself has nothing to do with him, he is certainly present when Harry comes into contact with it. (I hope that isn't TMI ... but it should move things along.)
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next