HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 Questions (Vol. V)

+8
Puck
Choices
azi
freshwater
Betelgeuse Black
shepherdess
Solitaire
Potteraholic
12 posters

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 14 Empty Re: 20 Questions (Vol. V)

Post  Betelgeuse Black Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm at a loss so I'll just pick a direction and follow it.

24. Is this tangible magical object related to one of the trio?

Sometimes the non-yes or no answers just jumble up my thoughts. I also want to get the thread going again.

BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:17 pm

1. Is it something magical? Yes.
2. Is it now or has it ever been alive? No.
3. Is this a tangible object? Yes, it is.
4. Is it something that is owned by someone? Hmmmm ... You wouldn't think that is a hard question to answer, but it is. This is not the sort of thing one thinks of as being owned, exactly, although it is certainly the something one might have. (There ... I'll leave you to ponder the difference between having and owning!)
5. Is this thing in the possession of one person or do other people use it also? Actually, we do witness it pass from one person to another. ** Note: This thing is not one-of-a-kind.
6. Does it have any connection to the Triwizard competition? No, not at all.
7. Does this magical thing have any connection to the Deathly Hallows? Nothing whatsoever.
8. Do we first see this tangible magical object in a book with "of" in the title? Yes, we do.
9. Do we first see this tangible magical object before Sirius Black departs Hogwarts on Buckbeak? No, we do not.
10. Is it an object associated with a sport? No, not at all.
11. Is this object helpful to Harry? No, it doesn't really help him ... although I think it may encourage him.
12. Do we only see this object at Hogwarts? Actually, I think we do see it only there ... although it certainly can be found in other places.
13. Do we first see it in GoF? No, I'm afraid not.
14. Does this object have any connection to the DA? No.
15. Does someone use this object? Again, a difficult question to answer with a yes or no. The object does certainly have a purpose, but I'm not sure "use" is the right verb for it. Smile I may revisit this answer if future questions provide an opening to give more information.
16. Does this magical thing have any connection with Dolores Umbridge? Not directly, no.
17. Is this object first mentioned in an even-numbered book? No, as far as I have been able to find out, it is not.
18. Is it a portable object? Yes, it is certainly small enough to carry around.
19. Does this magical object have an relation to Fred and George Weasley? No, but I like that question. It's a good one.
20. Is this object first mentioned in PoA? No.
21. Is this a dark object? Not at all.
22. Do we first see this tangible magical object before Hagrid returns from his journey with Madame Maxime? No, it's after that.
23. Do we see this tangible "portable" magical object before Harry finishes his OWL exams? Yes, we do!
24. Is this tangible magical object related to one of the trio? 20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 14 3123246341 Well, one of them does come into possession of it, so ... yes.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:59 am

25. Does someone receive this magical object as a present?
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:42 am

4. Is it something that is owned by someone? Hmmmm ... You wouldn't think that is a hard question to answer, but it is. This is not the sort of thing one thinks of as being owned, exactly, although it is certainly the something one might have. (There ... I'll leave you to ponder the difference between having and owning!)
5. Is this thing in the possession of one person or do other people use it also? Actually, we do witness it pass from one person to another. ** Note: This thing is not one-of-a-kind.
7. Does this magical thing have any connection to the Deathly Hallows? Nothing whatsoever.
8. Do we first see this tangible magical object in a book with "of" in the title? Yes, we do.
9. Do we first see this tangible magical object before Sirius Black departs Hogwarts on Buckbeak? No, we do not.
11. Is this object helpful to Harry? No, it doesn't really help him ... although I think it may encourage him.
12. Do we only see this object at Hogwarts? Actually, I think we do see it only there ... although it certainly can be found in other places.
15. Does someone use this object? Again, a difficult question to answer with a yes or no. The object does certainly have a purpose, but I'm not sure "use" is the right verb for it. Smile I may revisit this answer if future questions provide an opening to give more information.
16. Does this magical thing have any connection with Dolores Umbridge? Not directly, no.
17. Is this object first mentioned in an even-numbered book? No, as far as I have been able to find out, it is not.
19. Does this magical object have an relation to Fred and George Weasley? No, but I like that question. It's a good one.
22. Do we first see this tangible magical object before Hagrid returns from his journey with Madame Maxime? No, it's after that.
23. Do we see this tangible "portable" magical object before Harry finishes his OWL exams? Yes, we do!
24. Is this tangible magical object related to one of the trio? Well, one of them does come into possession of it, so ... yes.
25. Does someone receive this magical object as a present? I was hoping someone would ask this question. Yes, it was a gift! Smile
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:41 am

26. Was this gift given to Harry?
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:00 am

24. Is this tangible magical object related to one of the trio? Well, one of them does come into possession of it, so ... yes.
25. Does someone receive this magical object as a present? I was hoping someone would ask this question. Yes, it was a gift!
26. Was this gift given to Harry? Yes, it was. 20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 14 2134391180
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:19 pm

27. Was this object given to Harry by a student of Hogwarts?
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:59 am

25. Does someone receive this magical object as a present? I was hoping someone would ask this question. Yes, it was a gift!
26. Was this gift given to Harry? Yes, it was.
27. Was this object given to Harry by a student of Hogwarts? No, but you are definitely on the right track!
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:56 am

28. Was this object given to Harry by Sirius?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:37 am

27. Was this object given to Harry by a student of Hogwarts? No, but you are definitely on the right track!
28. Was this object given to Harry by Sirius? No, not by Sirius.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 14 Empty 20 Qs, #261

Post  Potteraholic Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:23 pm

29. Did Harry receive this object as a Christmas present?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:23 pm

. Is it something magical? Yes.
29. Did Harry receive this object as a Christmas present? No, not for Christmas.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:24 pm

30. Did Harry receive this object for his 17th birthday in DH?
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 pm

29. Did Harry receive this object as a Christmas present? No, not for Christmas.
30. Did harry receive this object for his 17th birthday in DH? No. (Check the answer to question #23.)
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:48 pm

31. Was it given to Harry by Hagrid?
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:07 am

30. Did harry receive this object for his 17th birthday in DH? No. Check the answer to question #23.
31. Was it given to Harry by Hagrid? No, not by Hagrid. But you are definitely in the right ballpark! (One more question could do it!)
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:45 am

32. Was it given to him by a teacher?

(What on earth can it be... scratch )
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:54 pm

30. Did harry receive this object for his 17th birthday in DH? No. Check the answer to question #23.
31. Was it given to Harry by Hagrid? No, not by Hagrid. But you are definitely in the right ballpark!
32. Was it given to him by a teacher? Yes! Smile
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:24 pm

I have no idea what this could be. Maybe a summery would help. As I see it:

Portable, magical, tangible object, not one of a kind
Given to Harry by a teacher (not Hagrid), not for Christmas
Not dark; doesn’t help Harry, but maybe encourages him
Not connected to a sport, the DA, or Umbridge (directly)
Seen in OoP, after Hagrid returns, but before Harry finishes his OWL’s
Seen only at Hogwarts, but can be found elsewhere
Something one might have, but not exactly own
Has a purpose, but “use” may not be the right verb for it

33. Is it first seen in an odd numbered chapter?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:33 am

31. Was it given to Harry by Hagrid? No, not by Hagrid. But you are definitely in the right ballpark!
33. Is it first seen in an odd numbered chapter? No.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:56 am

34. Was it given to Harry by a male teacher?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:27 pm

35. Was this present given to Harry after his Rita Skeeter interview was published?

BB 20 Questions (Vol. V) - Page 14 1205762161
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:33 pm

34. Was it given to Harry by a male teacher? Yes, it was. Smile
35. Was this present given to Harry after his Rita Skeeter interview was published? Yes, as a matter of fact, it was! Smile
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:54 am

36. Do we first see this object after Harry's career advice session with McGonagall?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 pm

34. Was it given to Harry by a male teacher? Yes, it was. Smile
35. Was this present given to Harry after his Rita Skeeter interview was published? As a matter of fact, yes, it was!
36. Do we first see this object after Harry's career advice session with McGonagall? No, it happens before that.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next