HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 Questions (Vol. IV)

+10
D.W.
Betelgeuse Black
Hogwarts Class of 85
dizzy lizzy
Choices
shepherdess
Julia H.
azi
Solitaire
Potteraholic
14 posters

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 Empty Re: 20 Questions (Vol. IV)

Post  shepherdess Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:39 pm

1. Is it something/someone/someplace magical? Difficult....I'll say yes..loosely.
2. Is it living? No.
3. Is it in more than one book? No.
4. Is it an object? No.
5. Do we first see it in an even-numbered book? No; we don't see this in any book.
6. Is it tangible? Yes.
7. Do we hear about it in an even numbered book? In an even numbered book we hear of something that comes from there.
8. Is it an event? No.
9. Is it first mentioned in a book with 'of' in the title? We learn of it's existance in a book with 'of' in the title.
10. Do we first learn of this tangible nonliving something's existence in CoS? Yes.
11. Do we first learn of this tangible nonliving something's existence before the trio drink Hermione's Polyjuice potion? Yes.
12. Is it a place? Yes! The golden question!
13. Is this place somewhere outside of the grounds of Hogwarts? Yes.
14. Does it have anything to do with Aragog? No.
15. Does Lockhart claim to have been there? No. But it is a good question. 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 1003735042
16. Is this place in the southern hemisphere? No.
17. Does a creature come from there? No.
18. Is this place mentioned by a Muggle-born student? No. Only what comes from there is mentioned, and not by a muggle-born student.
19. Does it have anything to do with Herbology and the plants the kids are working with in CoS? No.
20. Is it Queerditch Marsh, where Quidditch was invented? No.
21. Does it have anything to do with ghosts? No.
21. Is this place first mentioned before Harry and Ron fly in the Ford Anglia? We learn of the existence of this place before Harry and Ron fly in the Ford Anglia
23. Does this place have any connection to the sport of Quidditch? No.
24. Do we learn of the existence of this place in an even-numbered chapter? Yes.
25. Do we learn of the existence of this place in chapter 2? No.

Since the golden question has been asked, I've updated my answer to question number 7.
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 Empty 20 Qs, #249

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Hmmm....

26. Do we learn of the existence of this place while Harry is inside a shop ?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 pm

1. Is it something/someone/someplace magical? Difficult....I'll say yes..loosely.
2. Is it living? No.
4. Is it an object? No.
5. Do we first see it in an even-numbered book? No; we don't see this in any book.
6. Is it tangible? Yes.
7. Do we hear about it in an even numbered book? In an even numbered book we hear of something that comes from there.
8. Is it an event? No.
9. Is it first mentioned in a book with 'of' in the title? We learn of it's existance in a book with 'of' in the title.
10. Do we first learn of this tangible nonliving something's existence in CoS? Yes.
11. Do we first learn of this tangible nonliving something's existence before the trio drink Hermione's Polyjuice potion? Yes.
15. Does Lockhart claim to have been there? No. But it is a good question. 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 1003735042
18. Is this place mentioned by a Muggle-born student? No. Only what comes from there is mentioned, and not by a muggle-born student.
19. Does it have anything to do with Herbology and the plants the kids are working with in CoS? No.
21. Is this place first mentioned before Harry and Ron fly in the Ford Anglia? We learn of the existence of this place before Harry and Ron fly in the Ford Anglia
24. Do we learn of the existence of this place in an even-numbered chapter? Yes.
26. Do we learn of the existence of this place while Harry is inside a shop? No.

Since the golden question has been asked, I've updated my answer to question number 7.
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:13 pm

27. Is this place associated with the Burrow in any way?
freshwater
freshwater
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:17 pm

2. Is it living? No.
4. Is it an object? No.
6. Is it tangible? Yes.
8. Is it an event? No.
26. Do we learn of the existence of this place while Harry is inside a shop? Inside? No.
27. Is this place associated with the Burrow in any way? No.

shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:33 pm

28. Is this place Lucius's storage chamber where he hides his dark artifacts?
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:22 pm

2. Is it living? No.
4. Is it an object? No.
6. Is it tangible? Yes.
8. Is it an event? No.
26. Do we learn of the existence of this place while Harry is inside a shop? Inside? No.
28. Is this place Lucius's storage chamber where he hides his dark artifacts? No.

It might be helpful to figure out who goes to this place.

shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 pm

29. Does it have anything to do with Dobby?
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:46 pm

30. Does this place have anything to do with Hagrid's search for Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:17 pm

2. Is it living? No.
4. Is it an object? No.
6. Is it tangible? Yes.
8. Is it an event? No.
28. Is this place Lucius's storage chamber where he hides his dark artifacts? No.
29. Does it have anything to do with Dobby? No.
30. Does this place have anything to do with Hagrid's search for Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent? Yeesss.... 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 266347159

It might be helpful to figure out who goes to this place.

shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Hmmmm... I have no idea what the name of this shop is... so my guess is probably pointless, given some of the previous answers...

31. Is this place Knockturn Alley?

or

32. Is this place the shop in Knockturn Alley where Hagrid buys the Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 Empty Potty Game: 20 Questions Archive, Set #5, #249

Post  shepherdess Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 am

2. Is it living? No.
4. Is it an object? No.
6. Is it tangible? Yes.
8. Is it an event? No.
29. Does it have anything to do with Dobby? No.
30. Does this place have anything to do with Hagrid's search for Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent? Yeesss.... 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 266347159
31. Is this place Knockturn Alley? No.
32. Is this place the shop in Knockturn Alley where Hagrid buys the Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent? Yes! That's it! (We are never given the name of the shop.)

Congratulations, PAH!

32 questions really is not bad for figuring out something that's never seen or mentioned in the books. I'm proud of you guys! 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 2752390508

20 Questions Archive main page

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title and link to 20 Qs Archive ~ Potteraholic)
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 Empty 20 Qs, #250

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:44 am

Thanks, shepherdess! 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 2752390508 That was a tricky, but a good challenge.

Okay, I've thought of an answer. Now, for some questions...
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:22 am

Oh, that was tricky! Good for you, PAH, for figuring it out!

1. Is it an object?
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:00 am

Puck wrote:Oh, that was tricky! Good for you, PAH, for figuring it out!
Thanks, Puck, 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 1437562208 but I did have to look in the book before I could ask about Hagrid's search for Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent. shepherdess' last hint was the key! 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 2222139670 And had to check again if the place had a name.

Update #1

1. Is it an object? No.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:46 am

2. Is it a witch/wizard?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Update #2

1. Is it an object? No.
2. Is it a witch/wizard? No.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:40 pm

*peeking in to see if anyone is going to throw dungbombs at me for doing such a tricky puzzle*

3. Is it a place?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Update #3

1. Is it an object? No.
3. Is it a place? No.

shepherdess wrote:*peeking in to see if anyone is going to throw dungbombs at me for doing such a tricky puzzle*
No dungbombs here, shepherdess. But on a similar train of thought as your above comment...

I am only going to answer questions with a simple Yes or No, so I suggest that folks ask questions carefully, and don't rush to make general assumptions about anything based on the answers given to the questions, as worded. 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 46475181820 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 2222139670

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:24 pm

4. Is it a person?

I'm paying attention. Person can include Muggles and Squibs, as well as witches and wizards. 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 464751818
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Puck wrote:I'm paying attention. Person can include Muggles and Squibs, as well as witches and wizards. 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 464751818
Indeed you are Puck! 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 2222139670 Now... no more hints. 20 Questions (Vol. IV) - Page 32 464751818

Update #4

1. Is it an object? No.
3. Is it a place? No.
4. Is it a person? Yes.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:10 pm

5. Is it Muggle?
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:29 pm

6. Do we read about this person in more than one book?
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:35 pm

7. Is this person a male?
freshwater
freshwater
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:37 pm

Update #5

1. Is it an object? No.
3. Is it a place? No.
4. Is it a person? Yes.
5. Is it a Muggle? Yes.
6. Do we read about this person in more than one book? No.
7. Is this person a male? No.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next