HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 Questions (Vol. VI)

+7
Mona
HungarianHorntail11
Julia H.
shepherdess
Choices
Solitaire
Potteraholic
11 posters

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Go down

20 Questions (Vol. VI) - Page 44 Empty Re: 20 Questions (Vol. VI)

Post  shepherdess Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:23 pm

21. Would this magical item be considered 'dark'?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:50 am

1.  Is it magical?  Yes
2.  Is it a person?  No
3.  Is it a living creature?  No
4.  Do we see it in more than one book?  Yes, but I am thinking of one particular instance.
5.  Is it a tangible thing?  Yes
6.  Is this thing owned by a male?  No and yes - there is a time when this thing is in the possession of a male, but only temporarily. It is owned by a female.
7.  Is it portable?  Yes
8. Does the particular incident you're thinking of involve Harry?  Yes
9. Does Harry use this thing himself?  No, not in the particular instance I am thinking of.
10. Is it a one-of-a-kind thing?  No, it is quite abundant in the Wizarding World.
12. Does it have anything to do with wizard education?   Yes, it certainly plays a part in wizard education, but.....No, it will throw you off track to persue that line of thinking.
13. Do we see this particular object only once in the books?  No, we see it in more than one book, but the particular instance I am thinking of is in just one book.
14. Is the instance your thinking of found in an odd numbered book?  Yes
15. Does the book have "of" in the title?  No
16. Is the book PS/SS?  No
17. Is this incident something that happens to Harry?   No, it doesn't happen to Harry, but Harry is involved in the incident in which this thing is used.
18. Does the incident involve more than one other person?  Yes
19. Does the incident happen at Hogwarts?  No.
20. Is this incident a happy one?  No, but it's a necessary one.
21. Would this magical item be considered 'dark'?  No, the item itself is not dark, but it is often used for dark purposes.
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm getting discouraged - no guesses since Friday. It's not that hard.....someone just mentioned the answer scratch  on this forum in the last week.
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:16 am

I don't know if I understand your answers to questions 4 and 13 correctly. Your answer to Q4 seems to say that there are many of this class of objects but you are thinking of one particular example (like a particular quill among the numerous quills mentioned in the books) and your answer to Q13 (in which I asked whether this particular object, for example one particular quill, occurred in several books) seems to say that this single particular object is seen in more than one book but you are thinking of a particular instance when this particular object (like a single quill) is mentioned and we have to guess that particular occurrence of that particular object (which is one of a class of frequently occurring objects).

Or, alternatively, do these two answers say the same thing, i.e. that we have to guess, for example, 'one particular quill' (like Lockharts') which occurs only once?

The two questions were different, but I'm not sure whether the answers were different or the same.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Mercy, I posted a reply and it has disappeared.

OK, I'll try again.  This magical thing, owned by a female, is seen in several books, but I am thinking of one incidence when this thing is used by another person.  This incident occurs in just one book.  (For example, we see the Invisibility Cloak in more than one book, but I might be thinking only of the time Harry wears it to the library to look for the book in the Restricted section.)  I am looking for: what is this thing and in what occurance is it used by someone other than it's rightful owner.  As I said, this event was just mentioned somewhere on this forum in the past week. scratch

I apologise if I have gotten too confusing with this.  I can reveal the answer if everyone wishes and start over.  20 Questions (Vol. VI) - Page 44 1437562208
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:31 pm

OK, so the answer is a thing and an inicidence in which this thing is used. 20 Questions (Vol. VI) - Page 44 2752390508 Let's see:

22. Is the above-mentioned female owner Hermione?

I've started a new 20 Questions thread and locked this one. Please continue on the new thread. ~shepherdess
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43