HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Efforts to Archive WX Threads

+9
Thom Matheson
Verity Weasley
Madam Pince
Mona
John Bumbledore
Elanor
Lady Arabella
Julia H.
Potteraholic
13 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Reposting update

Post  Elanor Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:50 am

That sounds like a great idea to me LA! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2222139670

I have just reposted seven more threads and updated my list. I've checked your table PaH and it looks perfect to me! To be sure I'm not forgetting any, I'm reposting the threads in the order in which they appear when I open their folder in Word, that is in alphabetical order. Then I highlight each reposted thread in my printed list once one thread is reposted (adding the date next to it too). That way, in the end, all threads should be highlighted and I'll be sure I have forgotten none. Or that's the idea, lol! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1003735042
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Update

Post  John Bumbledore Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 pm

I though I had posted more than one but this is what I found. Lady A., if you have more than 41 post, please feel free to edit or add replies in this archive as needed.

(Current / not current) Discussions Between Members (31 threads)
JB ~ Farewell World Crossing (41 posts) ~ Y

PAH, I have updated my update post but wanted Lady A. to see this as well.

As a safety conscious (or paranoid) type, I suggest those archivist who have saved copies of threads with same titles (noted by PAH in "The Tables" red text) review and discuss the copies they have to be sure they are indeed duplicate and not something like an original and a condensed copy (made by Kip).

Lady A., I haven't forgot your request for the new spreadsheet template, I'm just sorting through my versions to see which is the correct one. I seem to have split my revisions over more than one sheet and have several variations. A certain small bear would say, "Oh, bother!"
Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1242194059
John Bumbledore
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

http://HPLF-work.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Re: Efforts to Archive WX Threads

Post  Lady Arabella Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:24 pm

No rush on the spreadsheet, John! I still have to finish the indices for the re-posted threads, so I won't be re-posting anything new for awhile.

I only have 39 posts on my saved "Farewell to World Crossing," so it's an earlier version than yours. (Mine ends with Chemyst's "All is well," which at the time I made the copy, seemed like a very fitting comment.)

For the threads that several of us copied, I thought I would check the actual entries of what has been re-posted, to see if what I had was indeed the same, or different. If the entries are the same, I will happily move on to a different thread. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2752390508

I'm kind of pokey on the formatting, but the threads I've re-posted seemed to have a lot of "back and forth," with posters referencing previous posts. I've been trying to italicize what was a previous comment so the thread is easier to follow. I know I haven't caught all of them.

And I decided that as long as I was doing some finicky formatting, I might as well correct some of the more egregious spelling errors Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1242194059 For some reason, "snap" instead of "Snape," or "profesie" instead of "prophecy," get on my nerves! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1437562208
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Elanor and John's Updates have been recorded on the tables!

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Elanor, I love that you post your reposted threads updates in batches of 7! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2222139670

Great additional advice about checking on the duplicate archived threads, John and Lady A. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2752390508 Hopefully all involved will have no problem sorting out what's what.

We are at nearly 17% completion. bounce At 20%, we should have a little party and post celebratory images, like this one:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:35 pm

PAH, I have updated my list of re-posted threads [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I don't think 5 more threads will get us to 20%, but it will help a little.

Love the fireworks!
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty I Started Posting the "You know you're a Harry Potter / Lexicon Fan when..." Volumes.

Post  John Bumbledore Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:20 am

So I've started reposting the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] threads.

I think I'll put all four threads together in one long archive. I've started using black HR lines...

Code:
<hr color="black">
Yep, just like that.
John Bumbledore
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

http://HPLF-work.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Elanor Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:39 am

I have finished reposting all the threads I had in the "Potter-pourri" section. As there were 11 threads for me left to repost I did it all in one batch (sorry to break the 7-reposted-threads-at-a-time pattern PaH! However since they are all that was left in my "Potter-pourri" list it should make things easier for you, shouldn't it? Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2752390508). The updated list is posted too.

Strengthening Charms to all archivists! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2222139670
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Almost 20%!!!

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:53 am

All 'ticked' out. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 464751818 Check out the tables to see. Elanor and Lady A, every little bit helps! We're almost at 20%! bounce (Get ready to PARTY! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1003735042)

Thanks for the hr line color tip, John.

Which reminds me, Lady A, I put an X in the column for your reposting of Farewell WX since John reposted it.

EDIT: Hmmm... interesting... this color change shows up when I use my Safari browser, but not whilst using Firefox. Wonder why.. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1242326132
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Elanor Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:25 am

And seven more are reposted (and list updated)!
Have we reached party time now? Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2222139670
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty 20+% ... PARTY time!

Post  Potteraholic Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Yes, Elanor... it's PARTY time! Let's raise our butterbeers, fellow Archivists! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1003735042

I just realized that 2 of the threads I had accounted for in the total of 579 threads to be reposted didn't need to be included in the final tally: the 2 are the HP Riddles and HP Trivia Quiz Archives from WX (found in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Mona copied and saved them, I've reposted the HP Trivia Quiz Archives, I am just about finished reposting all the HP Riddles. I had the Riddles and Trivia Quizzes taking up 4 rows of the tables (2 for Mona's copying/saving them and 2 for my reposting them). But that's a duplication, and they are really 2 threads, not 4.

Long story short (too late! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 464751818) ... with the 7 threads Elanor reposted recently, our total is 120/577 which equals... almost 21%!

¡WOO   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   HOO!  

Last edited by Potteraholic on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to fix 2 typos)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Madam Pince Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:24 am

***!!!!!!************))))*****************!!!!!!!!!!****************((((((((((

(OK, that's a really poor attempt at some Abby-fetti, but it's the thought that counts, I guess... You guys rock!)
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Thanks, Madam Pince!

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:09 pm

I love the Abby-fetti! A party on the Forum isn't complete without it! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2222139670
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:24 pm

I can't believe that what's been posted so far is only just over 20% of the total archives. There is so much there already! Well done to all the Archive Army. (Oh dear, that means you're the AA for short! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1242326132 )

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2045820042

drunken Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2942856553

Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Thanks, Verity!

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Verity, this guy in your message me chuckle: drunken Thank goodness virtual butterbeers won't have quite the same effect on us. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 464751818
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 am

20% -- Yay! bounce

Well done, everyone!

I'm kind of pokey on the formatting, but the threads I've re-posted seemed to have a lot of "back and forth," with posters referencing previous posts. I've been trying to italicize what was a previous comment so the thread is easier to follow. I know I haven't caught all of them ~ LA

I too am planning to italicize the quotes on the Snape thread (for starters), but at my leisure. The posts are sometimes quite confusing as they are. It's also a pity there's no record of the smileys, but a pleasant surprise when smileys like these Smile Wink Sad suddenly pop up!
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Way to go, Mona!

Post  Potteraholic Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:54 pm

I posted this over on the Chat thread, but thought I'd post it here, too!

Congrats to Mona for reposting 6 out of 8 l-o-n-g Snape thread volumes. Just so you can get a sense of how big this task is, that's more than 10,600 15,025 posts that have been reposted in chunks of 25 to 50 posts in almost 360 lengthy posts, with formatting to boot (to make everything look nice). That's a lot of Snape to be dealing with! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 464751818

She's got just 2 more volumes to go. Kudos to Mona for sticking with it! cheers

(Did I get the figures right, Mona? There was some siriusly fast guesstimation happening when I posted those numbers. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2281877974)

EDIT: I did the actual math, and I was way off! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1437562208 Mona, you get the prize for sheer tenacity and perSEVerance! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2222139670

Last edited by Potteraholic on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to correct a piece of data. :-))
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Madam Pince Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm enjoying browsing through the archived threads. Today I re-acquainted myself with the DIGS theory. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1003735042 Some remarkably clever people, there! Oh, and lookie what I learned that I always wanted to know and never did ---> è ... as in "Marè" Woo-hoo! The things you can learn from obscure archived threads... man, what a smart bunch!

(It is magically done with ALT + 0232 on the numbers keypad... in case you're not in the mood to read all through DIGS right at the moment... Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2281877974 )

Whèèèèè! What fun!

Last edited by Madam Pince on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : morale boost, info sharing, and general silliness)
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:39 pm

Thanks for the tip Madam Pince!

Woo-hoo to Mona! That is serious re-posting!

500 House Points and a Special Service Award to you. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 3735003615

Edited to add:

Thinking way, way, way, in the future Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 1242194059 - when I start re-posting the Chat and Greeting Threads, I think it would be more helpful if the index listed dates (September, 2004, for example) rather than post numbers (Posts 500 to 600). Does that make sense, or would another type of index be better?
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Chat and Greeting Threads: index listed dates and PAH's postng update

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Lady A,

Listing the dates in the Chat thread indexes makes sense to me, as folks will have a better idea of when they posted or read something, not the post's #. The info. there is more grounded in time than the info. in all the other threads.

I have finally finished posting ALL 491 HP Riddles (including the Potty HQ ones), and have updated the header posts for the following:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Go ahead and click them... they're links!)

But after all that, I only get to enter one more √ into the "Archived/Reposted Table', LOL. Alas,earwax! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2281877974

I've just got the Five Words stories to archive, but they'll have to wait until all my end-of-school-year paperwork is done. And then, no more reposting for me... but there's still a long way to go... Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 793915934

We're still supposed to be partying, folks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Come on...join in!
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Woo Hoo PAH!

500 House Points and a Special Service Award to you as well! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 3735003615
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Thanks, Lady A!

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:43 am

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 266347159 Ooh... those look cool, Lady A. I'd love one as a pin I could put on my bag or something. I imagine somebody must make some HP-inspired 'jewelry' somewhere. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2752390508
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Madam Pince Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:22 pm

PAH, you do know about the Noble Collection, don't you? Chock-full of HP-related jewelry and other assorted magical stuff... There's a catalog and also an online thing, I believe... I'm pretty certain they have house pins and such.
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty House-pin...

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:43 pm

You know, Madam Pince, soon after I posted that comment, I remembered the Noble Collection and thought I should have a look there again. I haven't ever ordered anything from there, since I thought they just had wands and figurines and such. And haven't got their catalogue in ages. But I've just checked their website and they have some nice things... including a box of house pins! But they are a tad bigger than I would want them to be.

BTW, did you want some image code for your baby pic avatar to use elsewhere in the forum? Just let me know. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2752390508
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Madam Pince Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 pm

I don't know what that is, but sure! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2281877974

If it weren't for The Noble Collection catalog, poor Mr. Pince would be lost at holiday-time. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2222139670 Over the years I've gotten the time-turner necklace (need a new one of those -- Little P broke it when he was teeny), the phoenix necklace, the owl-with-letter necklace, a couple wands, the Marauder's Map, and the cup-thingy from the cave where Voldemort hid the locket. They're nice quality stuff... There's still a few things on my covet list... (such as Lucius's walking stick and the Mirror of Erised... Little Pince thinks we need the chess set and I think he's hoping that it will behave like the one in the movie...)
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 Empty Here you go, Madam Pince!

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Code:
[url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=43&u=16207739][img]http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/16/20/77/39/pictur18.png[/img][/url]

This is what I mean. If you want to include your baby pic in your profile or your post in the 'Introductions' thread, like some other folks have done, now you can. You've got the BBCode for your image. Enjoy! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 2752390508

Little Pince has the right idea about the chess set... it should act like the movie one! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 10 464751818
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next