HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Chat) Remembering the “Good Ole’ Days”

4 posters

Go down

(Chat) Remembering the “Good Ole’ Days”  Empty (Chat) Remembering the “Good Ole’ Days”

Post  shepherdess Fri May 09, 2014 7:40 pm

This "Chat" thread is for open discussion and dedicated specifically to the Reunion time period, as opposed to the regular ongoing chat thread.
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

(Chat) Remembering the “Good Ole’ Days”  Empty Re: (Chat) Remembering the “Good Ole’ Days”

Post  shepherdess Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:45 am

Hey, does anyone remember when the forum first bagan (on WX) and there was a debate about what we (HP fans) should call ourselves? I remember two options: Potties and Pottheads (or maybe it was Potterheads). And I remember someone (Joa Pendragon maybe?) going into every thread and posting "JOIN THE POTTIES!!!" Wonder if that contributed to the creation of the Philosophy of This Forum? It was all in fun, but it was disruptive to ongoing discussions.

The topics that most illustrated to me the intellegence of the forum members early on were the discussions about Avada Kedavra and how it can kill someone without leaving a mark or anything to indicate the cause of death, and about the genetics of magical people and how squibs can be born to wizards and wizards can be born to muggles. Very in depth and interesting discussions.

But that's what set the Lexicon forum apart from others--the combination of intellegent discussions and fun. Gosh, I miss those days of constantly learning new things from other people that I hadn't thought of myself! I was a grand ride!
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

(Chat) Remembering the “Good Ole’ Days”  Empty Re: (Chat) Remembering the “Good Ole’ Days”

Post  Denise P. Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:17 am

No, the Philosophy came about because we had an influx of people that were using Netspeak and being incredibly disruptive. On Bravenet, we had been a small group that self policed, for the most part, and the growth we experienced when we moved to WX (and then as each book and movie came out) was unreal. I think Lexicon Steve put that out there so potential members could get a feel if the Forum was for them.

And for all that we had the Philosophy, it didn't mean we were above getting silly like JOIN THE POTTIES! I think one of the many things that set us apart was that while we could and were silly, we knew when to rein it back
Denise P.
Denise P.
Headmaster
Headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:09 am

Is anyone around?
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Sirius Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:14 am

Hi Soli. I was just checking in. I haven't been on the computer all day!

Mrs. Sirius
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down