HP items in the Muggle world: Which of the following HP inventions would you MOST like to own in the Muggle world? Please post your reasons in the comments.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which of the following HP inventions would you MOST like to own in the Muggle world? Please post your reasons in the comments.

19% 19% 
[ 3 ]
38% 38% 
[ 6 ]
19% 19% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
24% 24% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 16

HP items in the Muggle world: Which of the following HP inventions would you MOST like to own in the Muggle world? Please post your reasons in the comments.

Post  Verity Weasley on Sun May 18, 2014 5:13 am

The question for this poll is hard to read above, so for ease I am posting it here also.

Which of the following HP inventions would you MOST like to own in the Muggle world? Please post your reasons in the comments.

Note: You can only choose ONE!

Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Re: HP items in the Muggle world: Which of the following HP inventions would you MOST like to own in the Muggle world? Please post your reasons in the comments.

Post  Verity Weasley on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:46 am

I've started the voting off and I've chosen Hermione's beaded bag. This would just be so useful every day. No more excess baggage charges at the airport. No more sore shoulder from lugging around my laptop. No more worrying about sneaking my own food and drink into the cinema!    Shhh, don't tell anyone I do that!   

Lots of the items on the list are certainly tempting. An invisibility cloak would definitely come in handy for when you'd really like to be a fly on the wall, but then there's the saying that eavesdroppers never hear good of themselves, so it would have to be used with caution. A house-elf would be invaluable, but living in Thailand as I do, where domestic help is so ubiquitous, it's almost like having a house-elf anyway. I go to work in the morning, leaving the house a mess, washing up piled in the sink, dirty clothes in the laundry hamper and when I come home in the afternoon the house is tidy, dishes are clean and in the cupboard and clothes are washed and ironed and hanging in the closet. Like magic! Except we do pay our maid. And give her time off on weekends and holidays.   

So that's my choice. What about everyone else?

Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Re: HP items in the Muggle world: Which of the following HP inventions would you MOST like to own in the Muggle world? Please post your reasons in the comments.

Post  Kay on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:30 pm

I also picked Hermione's bag. That would be the ultimate space saving device. I only wish time turner had made the list. Time is something I never seem to have enough of. Very Happy
Kay
First Year
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:30 pm

I picked the House Elf. There's plenty of things he/she could do here. I would even be willing to pay and to give him/her a day off every week. I could also Side-Along-Apparate to work every day - and back home.

I admit the other things are tempting, too.

Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Elanor on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:44 pm

My aching back voted for Hermione's bag...

The same back would have gladly voted for the House Elf but knowing myself, I would clean before he does the work because I would be ashamed of the mess. In the end, you'd have an offended House Elf and a more tired self since I'd end up cleaning more than I usually do... Better to ignore the dust... Besides, I value my hide and nothing's worth angering Hermione, just sayin'

Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:04 pm

LOL @ angering Hermione!
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:50 pm

I chose a house-elf because there just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done!
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:04 am

I definitely want a House-elf. I could have him or her fix up a tote with undetectable extension and featherweight charms.  A House-elf would solve so many problems! 

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:28 am

I'm going with the beaded bag, but wonder if I'll be able to find anything without Acciosilent 

Alas! Earwax!
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:44 am

That's a good point, Mona!   

By the way, it's good to see you coming back to us. Julia and I have really missed you on the Five Words thread. Feel free to pop in while you're here.

Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  D.W. on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:17 pm

I was very tempted but the Weasley clock (having just made a summer spread sheet) so I would know where everyone is! Oldest working camps in Maryland off and on, Second daughter working 3 jobs, deadlines for summer college courses, orientation and deadlines for college this fall. Youngest two supposed to be swimming 6 days a week and a husband that travels for work...
However I voted for a house elf, obviously! Yes I would be a very kind mistress, I would be so grateful to have stuff actually get done! and maybe trying to work out/plan for dinner and who will be/won't be home and when wouldn't be an issue?
D.W.
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dryleaves on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:51 am

I chose the Invisibility Cloak, so that I could hide away with my computer or a good book. My Children seem to need my attention as soon as I sit down to read or write - only because I am actually sitting down.   But I must admit I feel like a bad mother, writing this.   

I would be in desperate need of a House-Elf, but I would not feel good about owning one. And I don't know if I could afford giving him or her a proper wages if I freed them.
Dryleaves
First Year
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Viola on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:54 pm

I would love a pensieve. Think of all the arguments you could settle. Having a chance to replay a moment in your life. Or think of the studying you could do.
Viola
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus Graubart on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Owning a House Elf wouldn’t feel right, and a beaded bag would look weird on me, so it has to be the Pensieve. Get rid of bad memories by simply depositing them! Never forget good memories because you can always revisit them! But I may not have thought this through. How would I remember which memories I want to revisit and which memories I don’t want to see ever again?

Hieronymus Graubart
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Viola on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:45 pm

Easy, by which color of bottle you store them in.
Viola
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  azi on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:52 pm

I would go wth pensieve because I seem to have too much stuff floating around in my head for most of the time. I'd like to get rid of some of it.   
azi
Fourth Year
Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Sirius on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:59 pm

I too, think I must vote for Hermione's bag. Just about an hour ago i returned from a trip to the mall. I bought a new wallet because my old one, after I bought a new purse a few weeks ago, was too big for the new purse! I took me about a half hour to clean out the old wallet and fill the new one. I leave my house early in the morning and sometimes do not return home until late in the wee hours so I must take all that I need. Yes I do carry way too much!

A house elf would be nice but I don't know if I could feel ok about owning one.

(Has anyone seen "Belle", Tom Fenton was terrific, speaking of house elves)

Mrs. Sirius
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Saralinda on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Voted for Hermoine's bag because, well, I seem to attract stuff as I meander through my day--but if the time-turner had been on the list, I'd have voted for that!

Kitty

Last edited by Saralinda on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed typo)
Saralinda

Back to top Go down

Post  kowalla on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:09 pm

House elf!!!! I will admit it, I have a problem. Its called I HATE HOUSEWORK. I especially loathe washing dishes. I do them, because I have to, but it causes me great anguish. I don't have a dishwasher in this house, so it's all done by hand. Not fun. If I could even BORROW a house elf once a week, I would be immensely happier.
kowalla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top