The Last 4 Pages of Book 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last 4 Pages of Book 7

Post  Lady Arabella on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:23 pm

The following is an archive of material originally posted on the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum, hosted by World Crossing, which ceased operations on April 15, 2011
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last 4 Pages of Book 7

Post  Lady Arabella on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:23 pm

The Last Four Pages of Book Seven

Slytherin Prefect - Apr 15, 2003 7:28 pm
Edited by Oct 10, 2006 5:27 am

Thought I'd repost this for a laugh or two while y'all are waiting on the next installment of ITFoD. It should look nice in the 'Other Fanfic' category...

Slytherin Prefect - Apr 15, 2003 7:31 pm (#1 of 24)

The graveyard was dark and overgrown. Harry couldn’t help but worry about Ginny, as she had been left in the sky to deal with the traitor Buckbeak. Sirius seemed to know precisely what was on his mind. “Don’t worry about her, Harry. She’s a magic pony, after all – more than a match for a barely-magical hippogriff. I should know – I spent a year on the run with him.”

His godfather’s words couldn’t comfort Harry from his agonizing worry. He had lost so much in the last three years, he should have been used to it by now. But the thought of losing Ginny threatened to take the strength from his knees.

The wind whispered evil, woebegotten mutterings, rippling the grass like tentacles reaching out to take down the duo and suffocate them in a sea of green. Harry felt the hairs on the back of his neck dance in fear, taking in the scene, ever-watchful for the man he came to see, the last remaining Death Eater – Voldemort, the Dark Lord himself.

“There’s no reason Peter didn’t lie to us before he died,” Sirius stated objectively. “Lies, deceit, and betrayal are all he’s known his entire life. Voldemort could be a thousand miles from here.” What his godfather said made sense, but something told Harry that Pettigrew had been telling the truth. There was just something in the air, the sense that the scene was simply too right. His gut told him to draw his wand and prepare for a final showdown.

“I knew you’d come, Potter.” The Dark Lord’s voice filled the air as Voldemort stepped out from behind his father’s gravestone. “It was here, after all, where it all started three years ago. “ Voldemort had his wand ready and a particularly mean look in his eye. “Three times now we’ve met Potter, and three times you’ve barely managed to escape. What makes you believe this time will be any different?”

“Because this time he’s got me!” Sirius exclaimed, like a dog’s howl piercing the night.

“And this time I’ve got my wand.” Harry said, refusing to flinch. “You know, your wand’s brother. There’s absolutely nothing you can do to me as long as I hold this wand, or have you forgotten what happened three years ago?”

“Indeed not.” Voldemort raised his wand eye-level. “But there’s nothing to stop me from killing your godfather. His wand doesn’t carry a phoenix tail feather. Lest you forget, Potter, you are the last remaining member of the Order of the Phoenix.”

“And you the last Death Eater.” Sirius replied, not yet daring to reach for his wand.

“Correct again. So what does the last of the Potter line, the final host of the blood of Gryffindor wish to say to his ancestral nemesis. As you well know, you cannot harm me either, and if the dog tries, I kill it.”

Harry reached deep for the courage known to Gryffindor blood. He relentlessly stared into the eyes of the Dark Lord, and let out a sigh.

“I’m not here to speak with Voldemort. I’m here to speak with Tom Riddle.”

“Tom Riddle?” He let out a menacing laugh. “Tom Riddle is no more. There is only Lord Voldemort.”

“He is not dead. He is very much alive, the good man who was head boy at Hogwarts so many years ago. The child with no hatred before he learned to hate muggles like his poor excuse for a father. It is Tom Riddle you fear most. More than Dumbledore, and more than myself. It is Tom I want to speak with today.”

“Foolish boy, I told you Tom Riddle is dead.”

Harry refused to close his eyes, staring deep into the soulless form of Voldemort. “Look deep inside yourself, Tom. Surely there must be some part of you not darkened by hate. Truly there must have been something you… loved?”

Voldemort then did something strange. He closed his eyes, and dropped his wand, clutching his heart. He let out a whimper of pain as though he were being eaten alive by his innards.

“I…” he spoke, coughing up blood, “I always… loved… gardening…”

“Excellent!” Harry cried with a smile. “Sirius and I just bought a castle in the sky overlooking Hogwarts. Granted, we can’t watch the giant squid any more, but we’re still going to need a gardener! Do you want the job, Tom?”

“Harry!” Sirius barked. “This slime killed your parents! He killed Remus! Dumbledore! Hagrid! Cho! Almost all the Weasleys! The Creeveys! Fleur! Dobby! Winky! Cedric, twice! Neville! Trevor! Dean! Seamus! Pavarti! Lavender! Hanna! Justin! Krum! This vermin does not deserve to live, much less tend our garden! He put Ron and Hermoine in St. Mungo’s! We should put him in the dirt, not working it!”

“I know what Voldemort did. But Tom Riddle didn’t do any of it. I want him to tend our garden, if that’s what will end this bitter war.”

“You… you’d let me tend your garden?”

“I would let you tend our garden.”

After seventeen years, the boy who lived and the man who killed shook hands, much to the shock and dismay of the animagus godfather. As Ginny Weasley flew down to the gravesite, having slain the evil hippogriff, she picked up the trio and set course for Potter Manor.

“You know what?” Tom Riddle said with a laugh, “I should have become a tattoo artist, rather than turn to the dark side and kill all those people.”

“Oh?” Harry asked. “Why do you say that?”

“Because that really is a cool scar.”
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:24 pm

Mandy !Noble - Apr 15, 2003 8:36 pm (#2 of 24)

Ah, that still brings a tear to my eye. Well done Josh!

Liz Mann - Apr 15, 2003 9:04 pm (#3 of 24)

Thanks, Slytherin Prefect! Really appreciate you re-posting that. It's gone from the other forum now.

Carina - Apr 15, 2003 9:34 pm (#4 of 24)

I'm so glad to see this again, Josh! I've always thought it was brilliant! (Cedric, twice! LOL!)

!!Pinky - Apr 15, 2003 11:22 pm (#5 of 24)

What... *blinks*... on earth... *laughs* All those names.... *gasps for air*.... "You... you'd let me tend your garden?" *completely loses it and howls with laughter* Where do you come up with this stuff?!

PyroGrl - Apr 15, 2003 11:47 pm (#6 of 24)

Oh, no!

SP, I loved it, I really did. Only now it'll seem like I'm copying you because of something to do with House of Insanity...

Rosariana - Apr 16, 2003 8:13 pm (#7 of 24)

I thought I'd never see this again! I'm so glad its back. Bravo!

I love the idea of Ginny being a magic pony. Its so crazy, but it works, like the DIGS theory.

And its good to see you back, SP, you've been gone for awhile.

Asktqa - Apr 18, 2003 9:56 am (#8 of 24)

I love this story. Especially the list of names... Smile And you got 'scar' as the last word. Brilliant.

Slytherin Prefect - Apr 19, 2003 9:10 am (#9 of 24)

Pyrogrl, I just read House of Insanity. That is some freaking FUNNY stuff. But I'm curious as to what specifically in "The Last 4 Pages" has you worried in relation to House of Insanity?

Ticker - Apr 24, 2003 6:14 pm (#10 of 24)

Josh - I always suspected you had something within you that wanted to come out of the dark side. Heh, heh. That was priceless! Gardening - who'd have ever suspected?

Cliff Hamaker - Apr 25, 2003 2:56 am (#11 of 24)

That was great, Josh! Really funny.

Matt Allair - Apr 26, 2003 6:17 pm (#12 of 24)

Hey Josh,

Glad to see you repost this, brilliant, hysterical, brings a huge smile to see this again. Poor Cedric, that chap can't get a break! As I said before, great touch with the last word being scar.

Bravo!

Matt

Nolwenn - May 2, 2003 3:24 pm (#13 of 24)

SP, you always manage to make us laugh don't you ? Great to see you back and in roaring shape ! By the way, were you inspired by Voltaire's book "Candide" for the metaphor of "tending the garden" or am I waaaaay too sleep-deprived because of my french studying ?

Slytherin Prefect - May 2, 2003 8:09 pm (#14 of 24)

Candide... *shudder*

Nope. Sometimes a garden is just dirt and greenery.

Nate Davis - May 7, 2003 9:02 pm (#15 of 24)

I'm so glad to see this again - you really are brilliant, SP!

By the way, I remember something my sister posted a while ago on this thread in the other forum offended you - I can assure you that it was unintentional. When I showed her your 'last four pages of book seven' she was laughing so hard she had tears running down her face! She remains a big fan of yours...

No hard feelings! Smile

Pigwidgeon - Sep 16, 2003 4:50 am (#16 of 24)

Josh, I meant to say something about this earlier, but then World Crossing went AWOL. But this was hysterical! Better late than never, eh?

Madam Poppy - Sep 21, 2003 4:37 pm (#17 of 24)
Edited by Sep 21, 2003 9:38 am

Surely, someone else has discovered another copy of the last 4 pages of Book 7? JKR has loads of notes just lying around her house, waiting to be found!

Liz Mann - Sep 21, 2003 8:04 pm (#18 of 24)
Edited by Sep 21, 2003 1:04 pm

Mm... maybe we should plan a way to find out where she's keeping it and STEAL IT!

Lei Storm - Nov 10, 2003 6:15 am (#19 of 24)

Umm....you just thought of that now??? All those names. Poor Sirius. Voldemort as a gardener. Never would have thought of it. My sister is now giving me the you've-got-problems look, because I'm so hysterical.

Liz Mann - Nov 10, 2003 7:16 pm (#20 of 24)

Lol!
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:29 pm

amyll - Nov 28, 2003 5:22 pm (#21 of 24)

Hello everybody. This is my first post in the fan fiction forum. So I hope you will be indulgent with my story and me. Moreover English is not my mother tongue so you will have to be even more tolerant. Nevertheless don't hesitate to tell me what’s wrong with it, that's the only way I’d be able to learn. Thank you

Harry knew he needed to end up the fight now. He has been through so many things in the last couple of days both physically and emotionally that he knew he couldn’t really fight any longer. And he knew as well what it meant, he had to kill Voldemort, he had to use the Avra Kedavra for the first time in his life. He had always managed so far to not use it but now they were no other choices, the prophecy said so. And suddenly he knew it was the moment, he saw the weakness in the Dark Lord's eyes, it was now or him, Harry Potter will die. But it wasn’t really for him that he was the most afraid, it was for her. Not killing Voldemort meant that she will die, and so many others after her. They were no choice…

AVRA KEDAVRA

He saw the fear clearer than ever before in Voldemort's eyes, all his face was distorted by this fear, but Voldemort couldn’t possibly die without trying something. And then Harry heard a spell that he had never heard before. But before Harry could worry about that mysterious spell Voldemort was lying on the ground, eyes open and emptier than ever. He did it, Harry Potter finally vanquished the Dark Lord, the most feared Wizard of all time. But before he could even start to feel relieved by this victory he felt that something was happening to him. It was like all its magic was pulling out of him. It reminded him a bit of the sensation he used to feel when he was near a Dementor but it was stronger this time. He felt really dizzy and quickly he was too lying on the ground, unconscious.

It was only several days later that Harry woke up. He didn’t know where he was but considering the small bed, the white wall and sheets he knew he was in a hospital. A nurse rapidly came to him after he woke up and started to ask him questions.

“Do you remember what happens in that graveyard? Who was the man with you? Some policemen are here to question you, my dear. Nothing to worry about but we had so many cases of amnesia lately that people are started to worry. Do you remember anything dear?” But he didn’t remember anything. All he could remember was that he lived with his uncle and aunt, that his parents died when he was a baby in a car accident.

“Yes, my dear?”

“I don’t know, my head hurts…”

“ Of course, you need some sleep.” And just like that she left Harry, who rapidly fell asleep.

How long he slept exactly he didn’t know but surely not long enough to feel better. Voices were coming from the corridor and after a few minutes he knew whose voices it was, his uncle’s and his aunt’s.

“The boy was always a disgrace for us, he disappeared 7 years ago we don’t know what he’s been up to during all those years. And after all he’s over 18 now, we are not responsible for him any more.”

“I know Mister Dursley, but you and your wife are his only relatives according to what you told me, and he is pretty bad you know, not physically but he doesn’t remember anything. We have a lot of cases of amnesia at the moment, a lot of people seem to appear from nowhere and it is hard enough to find their family. Could you at least think about it?”

“No there is nothing to think about, I will not spend one more penny for him. Petunia, we’re going.” And they left. Harry wasn’t really surprised nor disappointed. He never liked living with them anyway…

After 10 more days Harry was finally allowed to quit the hospital to “start a brand new life” as one of the nurses told him. He wandered a lot about these 7 years of his life he knew nothing about. Has he been a student, did he have a work, an apartment? But he wasn’t able to know and according to the news he wasn’t the only one in that case, a lot of people throughout the world had shown exactly the same symptoms. And that is exactly what Lord Voldermort wanted. When he realised that Harry was going to defeat him he decided to use the most horrible spell ever. Only a few very strong wizards knew about it and nobody was enough stupid or desperate to use it, nobody until Voldemort when he saw for the first time how really strong Harry’s power was. And then he knew it: if he weren’t going to be the strongest wizard ever then nobody would ever be either. And that is why they are been so many amnesias lately. All the wizards of the world have lost both their magic abilities and the memory of them. In his fall Voldemort took the entire magic world with him.

Even if Harry knew he has lost almost half of his life, strangely enough he wasn’t sad at all. He couldn’t explain why, but he felt relieved. And anyway he had to start a new life now. After a few weeks he managed to find a job in a Zoo, he didn’t know why but he liked the company of animals, especially the lions. He also met a girl a few years later, she was a teacher at the local primary school and had long red hair. After a few months she asked him how he got that scar on his forehead. He told her about his parents and the car accident, she told him about her amnesia and that she didn’t have any memory of her parents and whether she had any brothers and sisters. They got married a few months later and spend a nice smooth life together. But every morning when Harry was seeing the reflection of the scar in the mirror he couldn’t help but have this strange impression that they was something else in that scar.
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Liz Mann - Nov 28, 2003 5:37 pm (#22 of 24)

Agh! If that was the ending of the real books then, personally, I think it'd be worse than Harry dying! Cool story, though, amyll! Welcome to the fanfiction forum, by the way!

Ticker - Nov 30, 2003 12:20 am (#23 of 24)

I like it a lot Amyll! It's a fun twist & there's a little hope in the end that Harry might just remember some magic after all... Nice job! Write more!

Urg the Unclean - Jul 13, 2004 2:35 pm (#24 of 24)

The idea of Harry losing his powers when Voldemort goes is a good one. Matter/antimatter sort of thing. I like it. good Amyll. Do more.

Urg
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top