HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Honeyduke's Sweets Are Your Favorite?

Go down

Which Honeyduke's Sweets Are Your Favorite? Empty Which Honeyduke's Sweets Are Your Favorite?

Post  Lady Arabella Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:42 pm

The following is an archive of material originally posted on the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum, hosted by World Crossing, which ceased operations on April 15, 2011.
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Which Honeyduke's Sweets Are Your Favorite? Empty Re: Which Honeyduke's Sweets Are Your Favorite?

Post  Lady Arabella Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Which Honeyduke’s Sweets Are Your Favorite?

freshwater - Jun 23, 2008 6:11 pm
Edited by Kip Carter Jul 20, 2008 3:21 pm

This poll was suggested by Chemyst, May 10, 2008....Thanks, Chemyst!

Congratulations! When you checked under the cap of your last bottle of butter beer you found the matching code number. Your prize is a gift certificate for three free items at Honeydukes. Which 3 sweets will you choose?

1) Acid Pops: will burn a hole right through your tongue

2) Blood-flavored lollipops: for vampires, presumably

3) Chocoballs: full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream

4) Cockroach Clusters: the texture is entirely too, too realistic **shudders** (I speak from experience here)

5) Drooble’s Best Blowing-gum: fill the room w/bluebell colored bubbles that last for days

6) Fizzing Whizzbies: massive sherbet balls that cause you to levitate

7) Ice Mice: hear your teeth chatter and squeak

8 )Jelly Slugs

9) Licorice Wands

10) Pepper Imps: tiny black candy that causes you to breathe fire

11) Peppermint Toads: peppermint creams shaped like toads and hop realistically in your stomach

12) Sugar Quills: you can get away with sucking on one in class

13) Toothflossing Stringmints: splintery

14) Honeyduke’s Fudge (flavor of your choice)

15) Honeyduke’s Finest Chocolate

16) Honeyduke’s Toffee

17) Chocolate Frogs: collectible cards of famous witches and wizards

18) Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans: Alas...earwax...or was that vomit?

Potteraholic - Jun 23, 2008 6:16 pm (#1 of 36)

16) Honeyduke’s Toffee

Edit: Oops! freshwater, when I cut and pasted my choices, I didn't look too carefully at my last choice. I just saw the Honeyduke's part and didn't check the 2nd word carefully. I meant:

15) Honeyduke’s Finest Chocolate not Toffee - I don't like how it gets stuck in my teeth

freshwater - Jun 23, 2008 6:23 pm (#2 of 36)

Harry Potter

I knew that you and I had a lot in common, PAH....those are exactly my choices, too!

3) Chocoballs: full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream.....because it sounds so decadent and luscious!

6) Fizzing Whizzbies: massive sherbet balls that cause you to levitate....because the very name reminds me of a fanfic I read where Harry ate these and got stuck on the ceiling of the Common Room for several hours, while fellow Gryffindors passed under him quipping, "What's up, Harry?"

16) Honeyduke’s Toffee....because toffee is my absolute favorite and who could do it better than Honeydukes?

PatPat - Jun 23, 2008 7:14 pm (#3 of 36)

Hmm. I'm going to look like a copycat, now, but, PAH, those are my choices too!

3) Chocoballs: full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream . . . can beat chocolate AND strawberry!

6) Fizzing Whizzbies: massive sherbet balls that cause you to levitate....always wanted to be able to defy gravity!

15) Honeyduke’s finest chocolate....because . . . well, it's chocolate!

geauxtigers - Jun 23, 2008 7:35 pm (#4 of 36)

6, 10, and 12. I'm picking things you can't get in the muggle world because it's just more fun to levitate from a sherbet ball! LOL

[Sirius, Mrs.]Mrs. Sirius - Jun 23, 2008 10:13 pm (#5 of 36)

1) Acid Pops: will burn a hole right through your tongue.  No,  I am not into pain

2) Blood-flavored lollipops: for vampires, presumably.  No,  don't care for blood

3) Chocoballs: full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream.  Yes! * sounds divine

4) Cockroach Clusters: the texture is entirely too, too realistic **shudders** (I speak from experience here) No. * double shudder*

5) Drooble’s Best Blowing-gum: fill the room w/bluebell colored bubbles that last for days Yes!  * could be lots of fun

6) Fizzing Whizzbies: massive sherbet balls that cause you to levitate Yes!  * levitating sounds good

7) Ice Mice: hear your teeth chatter and squeak.  No. I don't like the cold

8 )Jelly Slugs  Umm, uyghhh.  NO

9) Licorice Wands No. hate licorice in the muggle world

10) Pepper Imps: tiny black candy that causes you to breathe fire * hmmmmm

11) Peppermint Toads: peppermint creams shaped like toads and hop realistically in your stomach No. Don't like frogs, toad, spiders or snakes

12) Sugar Quills: you can get away with sucking on one in class * yes to sugar

13) Toothflossing Stringmints: splintery * like incentive to floss

14) Honeyduke’s Fudge (flavor of your choice). ho hum fudge

15) Honeyduke’s Finest Chocolate *chocolate can always get a yes

16) Honeyduke’s Toffee No, I am always afraid of losing a filling with toffee

17) Chocolate Frogs: collectible cards of famous witches and wizards * can't do with the cards in the wizarding world

18) Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans: Alas...earwax...or was that vomit? * yes we have these in the muggle world

So lets see... 3,5,6, 10,12,13,15,17,18 lets say then

3, 5 and 6 I like stuff that is airy.

Hogwarts Class of 85 - Jun 23, 2008 10:56 pm (#6 of 36)

6, 10 and 17

Solitaire - Jun 23, 2008 11:01 pm (#7 of 36)

Oh, come on, Freshwater! I have a major sweet tooth! In fact, they are all "sweet teeth"! How can I choose only three? Hmmmmm ... Since I'm not sure what clotted cream is (I associate "clotted" with being soured), #3 won't quite do the trick. I guess I'll have to go with 15) Honeydukes Finest Chocolate, as I must something chocolate each day. 6) Fizzing Whizbees sound fun, as I love sherbet. I could have one before bedtime and levitate, which might help my back. Although I do like some licorice, I'm picky about it ... so I'll probably go with 14) Honeydukes Fudge for my third. So 15, 6, and 14.

Solitaire

Dryleaves - Jun 24, 2008 12:41 am (#8 of 36)

Hmm... My all-time favourite is chocolate (so much that you might think I am haunted by dementors all the time, but luckily I am not), but when at Honeyduke's I should perhaps widen my views. I think I choose:

4) Cockroach Clusters - they sound gross, but as they were "stolen" from Monty Python's Crunchy Frog sketch, I just have to test them.

17) Chocolate Frogs - because they are not crunchy, because I have to have some chocolate and because I will get some education about famous wizards.

18) Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans - I don't really like the element of surprise about these sweets, but still it fascinates me...

Anna L. Black - Jun 24, 2008 1:38 am (#9 of 36)

12) Sugar Quills (Could really use some in the uni. today!)

17) Chocolate Frogs (It's like the wizarding world version of Kinder eggs - both chocolate and something to collect )

6) Fizzing Whizzbies - just because it sounds cool to levitate

journeymom - Jun 24, 2008 7:54 am (#10 of 36)

15) Honeyduke’s Finest Chocolate - Without a doubt my first choice. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Chocolate is real life magic.

5) Drooble’s Best Blowing-gum- I love the idea of blowing bubbles that hang around for a while.

12) Sugar Quills- great fun, especially if they're a little tart, like I imagine.

azi - Jun 24, 2008 9:43 am (#11 of 36)

Soli - clotted cream things tend to taste...well...creamier than say double cream things.

Dryleaves - glad to know someone else knows the Monty Python reference.

3) Chocoballs 6) Fizzing Whizzbies 12) Sugar Quills

virginiaelizabeth - Jun 24, 2008 12:14 pm (#12 of 36)

5. Droobles Best Blowing Gum because I'm a gum addict!
6.Fizzing Whizzbies because it makes you levitate, and I've always imagined they would taste kinda like Poprocks!
17. Chocolate Frogs because not only is it chocolate, you get a card with it!

Orion - Jun 24, 2008 1:05 pm (#13 of 36)

For me, sweets that don't exist in the muggle world, because for chocolate I only have to go to the supermarket. I choose

5) Drooble’s Best Blowing-gum: fill the room with bluebell colored bubbles that last for days, so you have to fight your way through to the bathroom.

6) Fizzing Whizzbies: massive sherbet balls that cause you to levitate. How can anybody not choose them?

18) Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans are fantastic because you can taste what you always wanted to taste just to know what it tastes like, for instances, how does freshly cut grass taste for a cow? How does nectar taste for a bee? And I'd really like to taste cotton (for a moth).

HungarianHorntail11 - Jun 24, 2008 1:17 pm (#14 of 36)

17 Chocolate frogs (for Ginny's reasons and it hops)
6 Fizzing whizzbies (floating is fun)
9 Licorice wands (I really like licorice and AND I can play tricks on people and eat the evidence. 'Gee, how EVER did that mustache appear on your face? WHAT wand?' )

journeymom - Jun 24, 2008 1:46 pm (#15 of 36)

I didn't chose Fizzing Whizzbies because I always imagined they'd make you bloated... like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. You can't de-levitate until you've burped massively.

Mrs Brisbee - Jun 24, 2008 7:31 pm (#16 of 36)

Chocolate, fudge, and strawberry mousse all sound divine, but I know Muggle shops that can work extraordinary magic with these confections, so I'm going for the more fantastical:

6) Fizzing Whizzbies: massive sherbet balls that cause you to levitate I don't care how it's done, I'm levitating!

7) Ice Mice: hear your teeth chatter and squeak >squeak squeak squeak<

10) Pepper Imps: tiny black candy that causes you to breathe fire Breath fire? Awesome!

Solitaire - Jun 24, 2008 8:00 pm (#17 of 36)

Actually, breathing fire might be useful when dealing with a couple of the incoming 7th graders this fall. Hmmm ...

freshwater - Jun 24, 2008 8:15 pm (#18 of 36)

ROTFLOL!!! I'd had the very same thought earlier, Solitaire, that those pepper imps might come in very handy for teachers with certain difficult students!

Solitaire - Jun 24, 2008 9:10 pm (#19 of 36)

Yeah, we wouldn't actually burn them or anything ... but having the ability to do so would instill a certain ... um ... respect. **Spoken in a cool, quiet, Snape-like way**

Dryleaves - Jun 25, 2008 12:10 am (#20 of 36)

Hmm... A couple of years ago I was extremely stressed for a period of time and was irritated as soon as anyone came in my way, for example if they did ride their bikes too slowly in front of me and not letting me pass... My daughter had a children's book that I read to her at the time, about a boy whose mother turned into a dragon, and there was a double page where she ran around breathing fire at people in the park (nobody got hurt). I used this picture as a fantasy to let of some steam...

Elanor - Jun 25, 2008 5:50 am (#21 of 36)

Well, truth be told, these days it seems to me that I already breathe fire way too often at school...
It might not be spectacular enough though because it doesn't seem to be that efficient so I'll go with the: 10) Pepper Imps: tiny black candy that causes you to breathe fire .

To help hanging on (still a week and a half before summer break ), I'm sure 15) Honeyduke’s Finest Chocolate and 3) Chocoballs: full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream would help too.

freshwater - Jun 25, 2008 7:19 pm (#22 of 36)

**shudders** A week and a half still before your summer break, Elanor?! **passes her a Choco-ball** You have my sympathy....aren't the last days the hardest of all? Makes you want to take the kids outside for recess and then handout Fizzing Whizzbies...

Elanor - Jun 25, 2008 10:09 pm (#23 of 36)

Thanks Freshwater! They are the worst indeed (and it's 31°C/88°F inside the classroom these days)! To be honest, I have already thought that giving some of them some of Hagrid's fudge (only to celebrate the approaching break of course...) could be effective nice.

(BTW, this could be an idea for another poll: which of Hagrid's "specialties" would you dare trying?)

Julia H. - Jun 26, 2008 6:07 am (#24 of 36)

It is difficult to choose but I have made up my mind finally:

It is so hot right now that

7) Ice Mice: hear your teeth chatter and squeak

sounds rather attractive (though I am not sure I would enjoy the special effects). (Because of the weather I don't want anything associated with fire - normal breathing feels almost like breathing fire now.)

I must include some chocolate and I think my choice would be

mainly because of the cards.

Finally, I have always wanted to taste

18) Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.

Some of the flavours are good, aren't they?

Veritaserum - Jun 26, 2008 5:18 pm (#25 of 36)

Definitely Honeyduke's Chocolate-- gotta be way better than Hershey's. Also Fizzing Whizbees and Peppermint Toads.

Madam Pince - Jun 26, 2008 6:26 pm (#26 of 36)

6) Fizzing Whizzbies: Gotta try that levitating thing...

17) Chocolate Frogs: chocolate and a collectible -- can't beat that with a big stick!

18) Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans: Yes, I know... the bad ones are really really bad, but our family has so much fun eating these! Spaghetti or vomit? Popcorn or rotten egg? Hmmmm... which is it? (Trust me... the rotten egg one is tricky, and you don't want to make the mistake. )

PeskyPixie - Jun 29, 2008 7:30 pm (#27 of 36)

Let's see ...

5) Drooble’s Best Blowing-gum: fill the room w/bluebell colored bubbles that last for days

6) Fizzing Whizzbies: massive sherbet balls that cause you to levitate These sound scrumdiddliumptious!

I bought a pack of Jelly Slugs and one of Blood Pops. I didn't like either. The Every Flavour Beans are alright if you don't get something gross. I've unwittingly encountered sardine, earthworm and vomit. ***shudders*** Buttered popcorn and blueberry were awesome though.

Solitaire - Jun 29, 2008 8:40 pm (#28 of 36)

I'm curious to know what bozo tasted an earthworm in order to find out how to make that flavour! Ick!

PeskyPixie - Jun 29, 2008 9:00 pm (#29 of 36)

LOL, bozo indeed. The earthworm bean actually tastes as wet dirt smells X 1000! Not pleasant.

I love fish though, and was disappointed with the sardine bean. It tasted how I would expect rotten fish to taste. I spat that one right out! The black pepper bean was surprisingly good. I'm indifferent to the spinach one. I like spinach, but I'm not sure whether I like it as candy.

My friend loved the Jelly Slugs so I gave them to her. I think it was the shape which turned me off (I can't eat gummy worms either, although I'm a huge fan of sour candy).

Mrs Brisbee - Jun 29, 2008 9:21 pm (#30 of 36)

My daughter gave me an Every Flavor Bean and told me it was lemon.

Alas, booger.

That pretty much put me off the things.

Nicoline Vance - Jul 1, 2008 8:28 pm (#31 of 36)

#6 Fizzing Whizzbies, #15 Honeyduke's Finest Chocolate, & #16 Honeydukes toffees, but then I would spend my own money on licorice wands, ice mice, and chocolate frogs.

mona amon - Jul 2, 2008 11:01 pm (#32 of 36)

6) Fizzing whizzbees- definitely my first choice.

And muggle-ish though they be, my next two choices are

3) Chocoballs: full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream and

15) Honeyduke's Finest Chocolate.

Chemyst - Jul 5, 2008 4:09 pm (#33 of 36)

15) Honeyduke’s Finest Chocolate; because I'm curious as to how it compares with the Muggle varieties.

6) Fizzing Whizzbies: massive sherbet balls that cause you to levitate; because they sound like real calorie-burners.

5) Drooble’s Best Blowing-gum: fill the room w/bluebell colored bubbles that last for days; I think I'd save these for a party.

Choices - Jul 5, 2008 4:28 pm (#34 of 36)

I'll go with the Chocoballs, the Chocolate Frogs (hope I get that famous witch/wizard card I'm missing) and Honeyduke's Toffee. Yum, I can hardly wait until it arrives. :-)

TwinklingBlueEyes - Jul 5, 2008 7:37 pm (#35 of 36)

15) Honeyduke’s Finest Chocolate

freshwater - Jul 6, 2008 12:07 pm (#36 of 36)

Here are the results for this poll...

These 4 treats did not receive any votes-- 1) Acid Pops; 2) Blood-flavored lollipops; 8 ) Jelly Slugs; and 13) Toothflossing Stringmints.

12% of the vote--3) Chocoballs: full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream

1.3% of the vote--4) Cockroach Clusters: the texture is entirely too, too realistic **shudders** (I speak from experience here)

8% of the vote--5) Drooble’s Best Blowing-gum: fill the room w/bluebell colored bubbles that last for days

27% of the vote--6) Fizzing Whizzbies: massive sherbet balls that cause you to levitate

2.6% of the vote--7) Ice Mice: hear your teeth chatter and squeak

1.3% of the vote--9) Licorice Wands

5.3% of the vote--10) Pepper Imps: tiny black candy that causes you to breathe fire

1.3% of the vote--11) Peppermint Toads: peppermint creams shaped like toads and hop realistically in your stomach

5.3% of the vote--12) Sugar Quills: you can get away with sucking on one in class

1.3% of the vote--14) Honeyduke’s Fudge (flavor of your choice)

13% of the vote--15) Honeyduke’s Finest Chocolate

4% of the vote--16) Honeyduke’s Toffee

12% of the vote--17) Chocolate Frogs: collectible cards of famous witches and wizards

5.3% of the vote--18) Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans: Alas...earwax...or was that vomit?

===================================

To summarize, the top vote getters were:

with 27% of the vote: #6, Fizzing Whizzbees

with 13% of the vote: #15, Honeydukes Finest Chocolate

tied for 3rd place, with 12% of the vote: #3, Choco-balls and #17 Chocolate Frogs

with 8% of the vote: #5, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, and finally...

a three-way tie for 5th place with 5.3% of the vote: #10, Pepper Imps, #12 Sugar Quills and #18 Bertie Bott's Every-Flavor Beans.

Conclusion: seems we want a magical experience from our magical sweets....and then we want chocolate! Which Honeyduke's Sweets Are Your Favorite? 1003735042
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down