Favorite Quotes by Ron Weasley

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Quotes by Ron Weasley

Post  Lady Arabella on Fri May 29, 2015 2:16 pm

The following is an archive of material originally posted on the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum, hosted by World Crossing, which ceased operations on April 15th, 2011.
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Quotes by Ron Weasley

Post  Lady Arabella on Fri May 29, 2015 2:17 pm

Favorite Quotes of Ron Weasley

freshwater - Jun 15, 2008 8:49 am
Edited by Kip Carter Jun 29, 2008 8:39 pm

Please select up to 3 of your favorite quotes from the ones listed below. Let's try no write-in votes on this poll, because....

As much as it pains me to have to say it, the Lexicon does not have an extensive list of quotes by Ron from CoS, PoA, HBP and DH. Rather than write-in other favorite Ron quotes for this poll, please post them on the Poll Discussion thread for use in a future Ron poll.

1) “Yes…” said Ron softly, “it’s the only way…I’ve got to be taken.” “NO!” Harry and Hermione shouted. “That’s chess!,” snapped Ron. “You’ve got to make some sacrifices! I take one step forward and she’ll take me…that leaves you free to checkmate the king, Harry!” PS/SS 16......an early sign of character

2) “Don’t talk to me,” said Ron quietly… “Why not?” said Hermione in surprise. “Because I want to fix that in my mind forever,” said Ron, his eyes closed and an uplifted expression on his face. “Draco Malfoy, the amazing, bouncing ferret…” ….”Hermione! You’re ruining my best memory ever!” GoF 13 .....my personal fav

3) “Aren’t you ever going to read Hogwarts, A History?” “What’s the point?” said Ron. “You know it by heart, we can just ask you.” GoF 28....classic Ron

4) A slightly stunned silence greeted the end of this speech, then Ron said, “One person can’t feel all that at once, they’d explode.” “Just because you’ve got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have,” said Hermione nastily, picking up her quill again. OotP 21....the perfect set-up for a classic Hermione line

5) “You should write a book,” Ron told Hermione as he cut up his potatoes, “translating mad things that girls do so that boys can understand them.” OotP 26.....an Everyman type of thought

6) “And from now on, I don’t care if my tea leaves spell out “die, Ron, die” –I’m just chucking them in the bin where they belong.” OotP 31....this line led to much speculation and anxiety re:Ron's role in the last book

7) “Always the tone of surprise.” Ron, to Hermione. DH 15....see, he does listen to her

8 ) “That makes me sound a lot cooler than I really was.” Ron, to Harry DH 19 ....personal honesty: one of the best signs of character

9)"How--how're we going to get in?" panted Ron. "I can--see the place (on the Whomping Willow)--if we just had--Crookshanks again--" DH 32 .....and Hermione needs fire to fight Devil's Snare, right?

10) "Hang on a moment!" said Ron sharply. "We've forgotten someone!" "Who?" asked Hermione. "The house elves, they'll all be down in the kitchens, won't they?" "You mean we ought to get them fighting?" asked Harry. "No," said Ron seriously, "I mean we should tell them to get out. We don't want any more Dobbies, do we? We can't order them to die for us--"....([insert first kiss for R/H)....."I know, mate," said Ron, who looked as though he had recently been hit on the back of the head with a Bludger, "so it's now or never, isn't it?" DH 31

Added Note by Kip: Host shepherdess edited this thread Jun 15, 2008 4:37 pm first correctly; however I made a couple of cosmetic edits changes and therefore I am credited with this edit being I was the last to edit. I felt that I should explain that my actions were minor and shepherdess should be noted as the actual editor.

Solitaire - Jun 15, 2008 9:44 am (#1 of 23)

Numbers 3 & 5 are pure Ron! I also like number 2.

Orion - Jun 15, 2008 10:10 am (#2 of 23)

I agree, 3, we can ask you, and 5, translating mad things are the best and sum up his personality perfectly.

Liz Mann - Jun 15, 2008 10:32 am (#3 of 23)

You forgot the Uranus joke, and the midget in glasses joke.

Dryleaves - Jun 15, 2008 10:53 am (#4 of 23)

I think I'll go for 3 and 7 .

Anna L. Black - Jun 15, 2008 10:54 am (#5 of 23)

2 (The amazing bouncing ferret), 3 (we can just ask you), 8 (makes me sound cooler that I really was).

freshwater - Jun 15, 2008 11:01 am (#6 of 23)

You forgot the Uranus joke, and the midget in glasses joke.--Liz Mann

Your right, Liz, those are really good ones. But go back and see my note at the top of the poll....I didn't have time to scan all the books before posting this poll, so went with the quotes that were listed on the Lexicon. Please post both of those ideas on the Polls Discussion thread, and I'll research them for a future 'quotes by Ron' poll.

Hogwarts Class of 85 - Jun 15, 2008 11:05 am (#7 of 23)

2 and 7

journeymom - Jun 15, 2008 11:34 am (#8 of 23)

2) “Draco Malfoy, the amazing, bouncing ferret…”

4) A slightly stunned silence greeted the end of this speech, then Ron said, “One person can’t feel all that at once, they’d explode.”

5) “You should write a book,” Ron told Hermione as he cut up his potatoes, “translating mad things that girls do so that boys can understand them.”

Elanor - Jun 15, 2008 11:50 am (#9 of 23)

5) “You should write a book,” Ron told Hermione as he cut up his potatoes, “translating mad things that girls do so that boys can understand them.” OotP 26.....

6) “And from now on, I don’t care if my tea leaves spell out “die, Ron, die” –I’m just chucking them in the bin where they belong.” OotP 31....

10) "Hang on a moment!" said Ron sharply. "We've forgotten someone!" "Who?" asked Hermione. "The house elves, they'll all be down in the kitchens, won't they?" "You mean we ought to get them fighting?" asked Harry. "No," said Ron seriously, "I mean we should tell them to get out. We don't want any more Dobbies, do we? We can't order them to die for us--".....[insert first kiss for R/H]....."I know, mate," said Ron, who looked as though he had recently been hit on the back of the head with a Bludger, "so it's now or never, isn't it?" DH 31

geauxtigers - Jun 15, 2008 9:19 pm (#10 of 23)

2, 3, and 9. Again, this was almost too hard. half of my HP quotes in my quote book are from Ron! LOL

Verity Weasley - Jun 16, 2008 12:53 am (#11 of 23)

Well I'm only going to pick one from this list. My absolute favourite is 6 – “die Ron die”

The others are all good Ron quotes, but none of them really stand out for me the way this one does.

Mrs Brisbee - Jun 16, 2008 3:53 am (#12 of 23)

I'm having a hard time choosing, Ron has some good lines. My all time favorite is:

6) “And from now on, I don’t care if my tea leaves spell out “die, Ron, die” –I’m just chucking them in the bin where they belong.”

-- which actually reassured me that Ron would not die in the series. I thought it was Rowling's little joke that all the predictions that Harry's best friend would die were rubbish

And I'll take 2 and 3, because they are so Ron.

PatPat - Jun 16, 2008 9:08 am (#13 of 23)

I'll go with 2,3, and 6.

EDIT: I didn't even see until just now that you picked the same three Mrs. Brisbee. Great minds think alike!

mona amon - Jun 16, 2008 8:03 pm (#14 of 23)

I too had a hard time choosing. Finally I decided on-

5) “You should write a book,” Ron told Hermione as he cut up his potatoes, “translating mad things that girls do so that boys can understand them.” OotP 26.....

8 ) “That makes me sound a lot cooler than I really was.” Ron, to Harry DH 19 ....personal honesty: one of the best signs of character

Veritaserum - Jun 17, 2008 9:40 pm (#15 of 23)

I'll go with 5 & 7

[Chemyst]Chemyst - Jun 18, 2008 6:23 am (#16 of 23)

#2 - I want to fix that in my mind forever

haymoni - Jun 20, 2008 7:43 pm (#17 of 23)

#2 is my favorite also.

I was really disappointed this didn't make the movie.

Julia H. - Jun 21, 2008 6:19 am (#18 of 23)

Since we are allowed to pick three, I picked three:

4) A slightly stunned silence greeted the end of this speech, then Ron said, “One person can’t feel all that at once, they’d explode.” “Just because you’ve got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have,” said Hermione nastily, picking up her quill again. OotP 21....the perfect set-up for a classic Hermione line

Great line though rather astonishing to me. Typical Ron.

5) “You should write a book,” Ron told Hermione as he cut up his potatoes, “translating mad things that girls do so that boys can understand them.” OotP 26.....an Everyman type of thought

I think he is totally right pointing out the necessity to find a way for boys to understand girls (and vice versa). I think Harry, too, thinks this is what should be taught in school. I agree with him even more.

Personal honesty, absolutely, and also understanding something important finally.

Potteraholic - Jun 21, 2008 9:16 am (#19 of 23)

1) “Yes…” said Ron softly, “it’s the only way…I’ve got to be taken …that leaves you free to checkmate the king, Harry!”

8 ) “That makes me sound a lot cooler than I really was.”

??10) "Hang on a moment!" said Ron sharply. "We've forgotten someone!" "... "so it's now or never, isn't it?"

As much as I love Ron’s many humorous lines, I love the lines that show his courage and sense of justice, esp. since those qualities of Ron’s are downplayed in the films.

virginiaelizabeth - Jun 22, 2008 9:02 pm (#20 of 23)

2, 3 and 6! Ron is soo funny! He's one of my favorite characters!

Swedish Short-Snout - Jun 23, 2008 11:30 am (#21 of 23)

1, 5 and 8.

Hoot Owl - Jun 29, 2008 8:04 am (#22 of 23)

In order 8, 10, & 1

freshwater - Jun 29, 2008 1:26 pm (#23 of 23)

Harry Potter

Here are the results of this poll:

6% 1) “Yes…” said Ron softly, “it’s the only way…I’ve got to be taken.” “NO!” Harry and Hermione shouted. “That’s chess!,” snapped Ron. “You’ve got to make some sacrifices! PS/SS 16......an early sign of character

20% 2) “Don’t talk to me,” said Ron quietly… “Why not?” said Hermione in surprise. “Because I want to fix that in my mind forever,” said Ron, his eyes closed and an uplifted expression on his face. “Draco Malfoy, the amazing, bouncing ferret…” ….”Hermione! You’re ruining my best memory ever!” GoF 13 .....my personal fav

16.3% 3) “Aren’t you ever going to read Hogwarts, A History?” “What’s the point?” said Ron. “You know it by heart, we can just ask you.” GoF 28....classic Ron

4% 4) A slightly stunned silence greeted the end of this speech, then Ron said, “One person can’t feel all that at once, they’d explode.” OotP 21....the perfect set-up for a classic Hermione line

16.3% 5) “You should write a book,” Ron told Hermione as he cut up his potatoes, “translating mad things that girls do so that boys can understand them.” OotP 26.....an Everyman type of thought

10% 6) “And from now on, I don’t care if my tea leaves spell out die, Ron, die –I’m just chucking them in the bin where they belong.” OotP 31

6%7) “Always the tone of surprise.” Ron, to Hermione. DH 15....see, he does listen to her

12% 8 ) “That makes me sound a lot cooler than I really was.” Ron, to Harry DH 19 ....personal honesty: one of the best signs of character

2% 9)"How--how're we going to get in?" panted Ron. "I can--see the place (on the Whomping Willow)--if we just had--Crookshanks again--" DH 32

6% 10) "Hang on a moment!" said Ron sharply. "We've forgotten someone!" "Who?" asked Hermione. "The house elves, they'll all be down in the kitchens, won't they?" "You mean we ought to get them fighting?" asked Harry. "No," said Ron seriously, "I mean we should tell them to get out. We don't want any more Dobbies, do we? We can't order them to die for us!" DH 31

==============================

In summary, the top vote-getters were:

20% of the vote #2: the amazing bouncing ferret

a tie for 2nd place, with 16.3% of the vote #3: read Hogwarts a History, and #5: you should write a book

12% of the vote #8: makes me sound cooler than I was

10% of the vote #6: tea leaves spell out "Die, Ron, die"

Is it a coincidence that the top 3 vote-getters were all comments Ron made to Hermione?
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top