HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum meeting in Europe – Accio ’05 and future meetings

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forum meeting in Europe – Accio ’05 and future meetings - Page 2 Empty Forum meeting in Europe (post 601 to 625)

Post  Elanor Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:30 am

- - - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Jul 10, 2006 12:54 pm (#601 of 668)

Practically perfect in every way
London 2007, sounds god to me. Glad it all went well Immo.

However the cost of Accio put me off, if they do a day delegate rate I should like to go, but stopping over, I am just not sure I could justify the cost when I live so close to London!

The best thing of course was meeting everyone so it may have to be done!!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Detail Seeker - Jul 10, 2006 1:09 pm (#602 of 668)

Quod tempus non sanat, sanat ferrum,... so prepare
Sectus will not be that expensive: Early bird price 45 Pounds until October 2006, maximum rate 65 pounds after 1. of February 2007 - but without lodging. I started writing down the elaborate version today. Let´s see, how far I come - my keyboard needs new batteries.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Jul 11, 2006 4:04 am (#603 of 668)

So, where is Hogwarts?

- - - - - - - - - - -
Lexicon Steve - Jul 13, 2006 7:35 pm (#604 of 668)

Patronus was so much fun. I knew it was going to be a great conference when I saw Immo striding in to the registration area.

Immo's presentation was excellent! I really enjoyed it.

I'll be at Lumos in a few weeks, then in NYC for Rowling's reading on the first of Aug. Next summer I'll be at Sectus in London and possibly at Prophecy in Toronto. Just so you know.

Steve The Lexicon

- - - - - - - - - - -
septentrion - Jul 14, 2006 8:21 am (#605 of 668)

Art by Makani, icon by Pearle
Oh my Steve, I'm jealous of your schedule!

Lina, I've sent you another mail.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Chemyst - Jul 15, 2006 7:53 am (#606 of 668)

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." A.A. Milne
Detail Seeker, what are the chances that your "elaborate version" will be published on the Lexicon? We'd love that.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Detail Seeker - Jul 16, 2006 2:52 am (#607 of 668)

That is for Steve to decide, when I have finished writing. I hope, I will keep myself short enough.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Mimoletnoe - Jul 17, 2006 4:12 am (#608 of 668)

Dear DetailSeeker!

The longer the presentation is the better! ;-) I loved every minute of it when you were delivering the speech, so I am really looking forward to the paper. And thank you for the kind words about our presentation - you are too generous. Ira is contemplaiting going to Sectus, as we found some really cheap flights. So maybe we will see you there!

Xenia

- - - - - - - - - - -
TwinklingBlueEyes - Jul 17, 2006 8:03 am (#609 of 668)

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking"
"I hope, I will keep myself short enough."

That will be interesting to see. Seems I remember from pictures that you were pretty tall. Have you invented a shortening potion?

... toddles off ...

- - - - - - - - - - -
Laura W - Jul 18, 2006 2:43 am (#610 of 668)

Very funny, TBE. (chuckling)

Of course, there *is* the Shrinking Solution that Snape had the kids make up in PoA, Chapter Seven; but Detail Seeker might turn into a tadpole and we wouldn't want that!!

Laura

- - - - - - - - - - -
Detail Seeker - Jul 18, 2006 2:50 pm (#611 of 668)

Let´s better not debate on how long is short enough. Snape´s shrinking solution can have adverse effects, believe me.

Xenia and Ira, I hope to see you at Sectus and hope, that our Accio group can have a revival meeting there.

Well, I will start writing now....

- - - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Jul 19, 2006 12:56 am (#612 of 668)

Am trying to clear my diary for Sectus so should be there. And it would be good to catch up with everyone - and that includes you Gina. So book your ticket please.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Vulture - Jul 19, 2006 8:22 pm (#613 of 668)

It's just my opinion, but I like it !!
Sorry, folks: I've only just come across this thread. What's the present situation ? (I tried reading through, but my Net link is slow and there are 600-odd posts in here.)

Anyway, I'd be quite interested in a European meeting. I live in the UK, but visit Ireland often, and can be talked into going to France at the drop of a hat. Have ye set up a time and place ? (Knowing my luck _ and lateness _ it's all over !!)

- - - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Jul 19, 2006 8:29 pm (#614 of 668)

Me kayaking, Niagara River, August 2006. I have been likened to Reepicheep in this photo.
Vulture, you can see the details just earlier on the thread. You'd better make your plans soon though – it's in about two weeks or so! The location is Croatia, with Lina. I believe only septentrion can make it. Wait for them with the confirmation, though.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Lina - Jul 20, 2006 1:25 am (#615 of 668)

Kate's new T-shirt and henna tattoo
Vulture, Finn's link is very correct. You might want to e-mail me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- - - - - - - - - - -
septentrion - Jul 20, 2006 3:05 am (#616 of 668)

so another European forumer eh? If you can make it to Croatia, the more the merrier.

- - - - - - - - - - -
septentrion - Jul 20, 2006 8:32 am (#617 of 668)

the Accio proceedings are here! Now where to begin?

- - - - - - - - - - -
Detail Seeker - Jul 20, 2006 2:14 pm (#618 of 668)

And when to begin ? I just came home (23:20MESZ), so this might become a short night.

I began to doubt, that the proceedings might ever arrive.

Vulture, if you can, go to meet septentrion and Lina. I am sad, that it does not work out for me.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Vulture - Jul 23, 2006 7:45 pm (#619 of 668)

Hi, Folks: Well, thanks very much for the invitation to Croatia !! Main problem is that I'm just about to go for a week in Ireland which carries the danger of drinking all my money.

I know this sounds a really naff thing to ask, but does Ryanair fly into any Croatian airports ? _ No, it doesn't: I just looked, and Trieste is nearest. Do any other cheap airlines, like Easyjet, fly in ? Might be a chance.

Where in Croatia are ye meeting ? Does not having a word of Croatian matter ? I can do English, French and Irish !!

Given how close the time is, I can't promise anything; sorry. Thanks again, though, and I'd be interested in future meetings (that one in or near London would be dead handy for me).

- - - - - - - - - - -
Lina - Jul 23, 2006 9:40 pm (#620 of 668)

Vulture, you seem to be quite correct, I don't think that the cheap airlines lend in Croatia.

But we are meeting in Gorski kotar which is close to Slovenia and Italy. So Trieste, Venice and Ljubljana are all close enough to the place. The Septentrions are landing in Ljubljana.

Maybe it would be worth checking if Rijeka is on the list of the cheap flights.

It would be really cool to meet you.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Jul 24, 2006 3:16 am (#621 of 668)

I know this is a long way ahead, but thinkng about Sectus next year. I will be going and it would be great to see fellow Forumers.

Sectus is a Thursday to Sunday. Would this be a problem for people? Would people want to meet up before or afterwards. Do we have a two week type gathering with Sectus in the middle or what? No answers needed now but just some random thoughts to help prepare. Hopefully we will have a book launch to go to as well. So any ideas about what people will want to do around Sectus please email me.

If any English forumers wish to form an events committee then do let me know.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Jul 24, 2006 5:47 am (#622 of 668)

Further to my earlier post - calling all Potties in the London area! Good Evans and myself are looking to get together in August (the week of the 6th - 13th). Anyone wish to join us? If so do email me.

- - - - - - - - - - -
septentrion - Jul 26, 2006 9:43 am (#623 of 668)

Vulture, to find the low cost flights which land in Croatia or near Croatia, check the website of the airport near you with the low cost companies. That's what I did with Brussels-Charleroi, and I found both Ryan air (Trieste) and wizz air (Ljubljana). Wizz air can take you from London-Luton to Ljubljana (assuming you live in London area) and I'm sure ryan air can take you from London to Trieste. Well if you can't come, maybe a forum meeting would be possible in Lille ?

About going to London, I'm considering it for next year, whether for Sectus or book 7 release, but won't be sure before April/May 2007.

Lina, see you sooooooooooooooooon!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Detail Seeker - Jul 28, 2006 1:29 pm (#624 of 668)

Phelim, keep me informed. I may have the chance to come over on very short notice.

Much fun to all those meeting in Croatia. I hope you will have a nice time.

- - - - - - - - - - -
azi - Jul 28, 2006 1:32 pm (#625 of 668)

Photo borrowed from Ardent Photography
I wouldn't mind being kept informed as well! I may need a bit of notice to try and find cheap train tickets!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Forum meeting in Europe – Accio ’05 and future meetings - Page 2 Empty Forum meeting in Europe (post 626 to 650)

Post  Elanor Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:31 am

- - - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Jul 30, 2006 11:01 am (#626 of 668)

Azi - it would be grea to meet up with you and have a drink!!

Immo - would be lovely to see you again too, oh when Phelim gets back we will need to sort it out!!

- - - - - - - - - - -
septentrion - Aug 2, 2006 12:22 am (#627 of 668)

Here are Lina, Kate and Septentrion. We have a very good time in Croatia although the weather isn't the best. We just stop to say hello, we'll tell more later but Croatia is really a very beautiful country.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Aug 2, 2006 2:03 am (#628 of 668)

** waves to Lina Kate and Septentrion*** Glad you are all having a Harry get together!!! raise a drink to the rest of us!

- - - - - - - - - - -
azi - Aug 2, 2006 2:45 am (#629 of 668)

**Waves too!**

- - - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Aug 2, 2006 10:05 am (#630 of 668)

Me kayaking, Niagara River, August 2006. I have been likened to Reepicheep in this photo.
Hope you're having fun, all! Take lots of pictures!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Aug 2, 2006 12:06 pm (#631 of 668)

The eyes are the windows to the soul...
....said the boy who came back from Europe with, what, 1500 pictures or something like that?

How would you define "lots?"

- - - - - - - - - - -
Tazzygirl - Aug 2, 2006 3:43 pm (#632 of 668)

Uluru/Ayer's Rock glowing in the morning sun
Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time! **Tries to Apparate, fails. sigh**

- - - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Aug 2, 2006 5:54 pm (#633 of 668)

LOL, Madam Pince. Lots in this scenario would be anything more than 5, since I only got two -- of the line while waiting at Radio City. It was a disappointing number!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Aug 2, 2006 10:32 pm (#634 of 668)

Now wait a minute. You're supposed to be talking about Lina and Elanor taking pictures, not the Radio City crowd! ***tsk-tsks in general direction of New York*** Or am I totally confused?

- - - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Aug 3, 2006 6:12 am (#635 of 668)

Oh, oops, wrong thread! I just saw your response about taking photos, and I remembered taking so few Tuesday night! And psst, it's Lina and Septentrion.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Aug 3, 2006 7:58 am (#636 of 668)

Oh, fine. ***tsks at self*** Silly me! See, I am totally confused....

Hope that Lina and Septentrion are having a great time!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Aug 6, 2006 4:41 am (#637 of 668)

Hi All - I'm back. Weather was horrible. Watched the Quiddich Match in a force six wind which ruined the tent. Oh yes, the Harpies won a very close match. Before getting the Snitch it was 75 all.

So when do we meet in London? Monday and Tuesday is out for me.

- - - - - - - - - - -
azi - Aug 7, 2006 1:56 pm (#638 of 668)

Would it be possible to meet next week at the earliest? I'd need the longest time possible to get the cheapest tickets. I have no limitations, but my friend who'll be going to London with me will, so if dates are suggested I will have to check with him.
Welcome back, Phelim!

- - - - - - - - - - -
septentrion - Aug 7, 2006 3:49 pm (#639 of 668)

I'm back home after I had a marvellous week in Croatia. I must thank Lina and her family again for all the organisation, the kilometers, the nice conversations with a lot of English, a bit of French and Italian and a lot of fun etc.

Now I'm trying to catch up with everything...

As soon as my photos are on internet (may takes two weeks), I'll post the link.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Aug 8, 2006 6:38 am (#640 of 668)

Re: London - next Friday (not this) would be good for me 18th - I wont have to take a day off work as it is my "10th day". I can work most things though so let me know what day - I definitely can't do this weekend / monday coming as I am away again.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Mare - Aug 8, 2006 11:00 am (#641 of 668)

Waves to Septentrion! Glad you had fun, but I do expect some good pictures if all we get is four lines of information!

- - - - - - - - - - -
septentrion - Aug 8, 2006 11:09 am (#642 of 668)

waves back to Marè! You're right, Marè, four lines of information are short but I have so much to catch up with, plus everything to do with real life...Yet I can tell you we've driven 2200 km in one week, all done by Lina's husband (kuddos to him), I've learnt how to survive in Croatian: palacinke s chokolade (pancakes with chocolate) and voda (water), laughed at my husband who was urged trying himself at foreign languages by Lina's children, seen more forests I could ever dream to see and beautiful waterfalls and lakes, and I'll stop there for fear I'd go lyrical.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Aug 8, 2006 11:30 am (#643 of 668)

sounds like you had a great time Septentrion. I forgot to post such in earlier post!!!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Elanor - Aug 8, 2006 12:00 pm (#644 of 668)

So great to hear from you Septentrion!

I knew you would have some great time in Croatia! We're waiting for the pictures!!!!

**waving like mad to Sept. and her husband and to Lina and her family**

- - - - - - - - - - -
Lina - Aug 8, 2006 2:12 pm (#645 of 668)

I had a really lazy day today. Recovering... Just took a look at the pictures I made and there are some really good. Am waiting for my hubby to give me his pictures and hoping that tomorrow will be able to make a page.

At the beginning I told Kate that I expected the Septentrions to be as nice as they were, and Kate told me that I really had high expectations. But at the end it turned out that they were not high enough. It was such an enjoyable company and we are all looking forward to meet them again.

- - - - - - - - - - -
azi - Aug 8, 2006 2:29 pm (#646 of 668)

Me and Good Evans were talking in the Chat Room earlier, discussing the London meeting. It was suggested the 1st Spetember would be a good date, which had the added bonus as being HP related (the first day of term at Hogwarts ). I checked with my friend, and this date should be ok with him.

Phelim, and anyone else who wishes to meet, would this be ok with you?

Naturally, there are still other dates that will be good for it, so if not we can organise another day!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Aug 9, 2006 2:00 am (#647 of 668)

Sorry Azi - I'm at work on September 1st.

- - - - - - - - - - -
azi - Aug 9, 2006 2:30 am (#648 of 668)

Ok, Phelim, suggest dates!

If we have a selection of dates, there must be one somewhere we can all make it!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Lina - Aug 9, 2006 11:28 am (#649 of 668)

There, I have finally posted the pictures!

We weren't too lucky about the weather, my fears about autumn coming have come true.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Chemyst - Aug 9, 2006 11:49 am (#650 of 668)

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." A.A. Milne
Oh, Lina!

Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Forum meeting in Europe – Accio ’05 and future meetings - Page 2 Empty Forum meeting in Europe (post 651 to 668)

Post  Elanor Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:33 am

- - - - - - - - - - -
Marie E. - Aug 9, 2006 1:27 pm (#651 of 668)

Oh, now I want to go to Croatia!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Lina - Aug 9, 2006 1:37 pm (#652 of 668)

No problem, I'm sure we can arrange something.

- - - - - - - - - - -
azi - Aug 9, 2006 2:27 pm (#653 of 668)

I love the tie dye top! And the lakes/waterfalls - they were really pretty!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Elanor - Aug 10, 2006 1:43 am (#654 of 668)

Wonderful pictures Lina!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Snuffles - Aug 10, 2006 2:25 am (#655 of 668)

Olivia
Fantastic pictures Lina

Croatia loves so pretty. I'm glad you all had a great time.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Good Evans - Aug 10, 2006 5:30 am (#656 of 668)

Lina - great pictures, I only wish I could have joined you, looks like you had a great time. The weather always does that to me too..

- - - - - - - - - - -
Snuffles - Aug 10, 2006 5:42 am (#657 of 668)

Olivia
Can't believe I put loves so pretty in my previous post I did of course mean looks so pretty!

- - - - - - - - - - -
septentrion - Aug 10, 2006 6:35 am (#658 of 668)

I agree, fantastic pictures. It was so nice revisiting memories, knowing I won't get my photos between next week...I didn't catch that potential pun with the ailines name

Thank you for posting them.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Winky Woo - Aug 10, 2006 9:29 am (#659 of 668)

My favourite place in the world, the English Lake District
Thanks for sharing them Lina, it sounds like a good time was had by all! We all should try and get together some time soon. I know that some of you guys are trying to organise a get together soon in London, have you come up with anything definite?

Love

Winky x

- - - - - - - - - - -
Phelim Mcintyre - Aug 10, 2006 10:01 am (#660 of 668)

No not yet Winky. I can't make the date suggested and am looking in my diary as I write. Will suggests something soon.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Madam Pince - Aug 10, 2006 10:38 pm (#661 of 668)

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Lina! It looks like a wonderful vacation, and the scenery is so beautiful! What a great time you guys must've had! I'm guessing that you are the lady missing in almost all of the pictures, Lina, due to the problem we talked about recently on the chat thread of the Mom usually being behind the camera and thus always out of the photographs? I see where hubby helped out and took a few of them though, thank goodness!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Finn BV - Aug 11, 2006 8:33 pm (#662 of 668)

HP-sponsored cage at a zoo? Wow…

I'm so glad all of you had such a good time! Croatia is really pretty, especially the waterfalls (wasn't that Kate's avatar?) and the town pictures!

Yes, Madam P, I was thinking the same thing about Lina not being in the photos – but I'm glad we got septentrion and Kate, plus all the other to-be Forumers!

- - - - - - - - - - -
septentrion - Aug 12, 2006 3:59 am (#663 of 668)

I should have Lina on some of my photos, or I hope so. Unfortunately, they will be longer to come.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Tazzygirl - Aug 12, 2006 2:27 pm (#664 of 668)

Uluru/Ayer's Rock glowing in the morning sun
Wow, Croatia is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos, Lina!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Vulture - Aug 13, 2006 4:34 pm (#665 of 668)

Hi, Lina and septentrion _ sorry I didn't get back to ye before. I wasn't on the Net while in Ireland, and apart from that, get only a short amount of time on the Net per day. (My addiction to the Snape thread probably doesn't help, either !!)

As I expected (and said), Ireland drained the finances for flying elsewhere for a while _ though I notice somebody said Lille: I think that's on the Eurostar train's route, which might be possible.

Anyway, your Croatian pictures look great _ thanks. If there's anything planned for September, please let me know _ especially if in Britain.

- - - - - - - - - - -
septentrion - Aug 14, 2006 5:18 am (#666 of 668)

Indeed Lille is on the eurostar's route, and I don't live too far. Meeting people there wouldn't be trouble for me, unless it's a work day.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Detail Seeker - Aug 14, 2006 1:14 pm (#667 of 668)

Whatever a single question mark may mean.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Kip Carter - Aug 15, 2006 6:27 am (#668 of 668)

co-Host with Steve on the Lexicon Forum, but he has the final say as the Owner!
I have closed down this thread being that the main event for this thread was last year and the size of the thread is hard for some to follow.

A new thread for the European community, # SECTUS 2007 in London - July 19-22 2007, is now available and members are invited to use the new thread for discussing upcoming events.

Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Forum meeting in Europe – Accio ’05 and future meetings - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum meeting in Europe – Accio ’05 and future meetings

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2