HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Poor Snuffles Going to Get Zapped?

Go down

Is Poor Snuffles Going to Get Zapped? Empty Is Poor Snuffles Going to Get Zapped?

Post  Lady Arabella Fri May 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Is poor Snuffles going to get zapped? (archived)
Mare - Jan 12, 2005 7:48 am Reply
Edited by Kip Carter Jan 12, 2006 11:48 pm

This thread is pre OoP, it is saved because it is the only one that comes close to a discussion about Sirius being the one to die in OoP. We had all the theories about DD and Hagrid and all the others, but Sirius never seemed a serious option. (forgive me the pun)
I added some parts in bold to draw attention to some very nice predicting of our members. Mare

Is poor Snuffles going to get zapped?
Prefect Marcus - Feb 20, 2003

I haven't seen this question before.

What is going to happen when Sirius goes to visit "the Old Crowd?" Of them, only Remus Lupin knows he is innocent. I would think most would react at least as violently as Molly Weasley did in the hospital wing. Unless I am very mistaken, they are probably pretty handy with their wands.

If Dumbledore sends word that Sirius is to be trusted, then why send him at all?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Istari Jones - Feb 20, 2003

Hmmm. As long as Sirius remains as a dog, probably no one will realize it's him. I picture a meeting taking place, where the truth would be revealed and Sirius can appear normally. However, even if the "Old Crowd" acknowledges Sirius, more people in general will know where he is, so he is a greater risk from the remainder of the wizarding world, unless...I have no idea.

What do you see as happening, Prefect Marcus??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olivia Wood - Feb 20, 2003

Wow, that's a good point. I never thought of that... Maybe Dumbledor's already told some people about Sirius' innocence since the end of PoA. So that they'll keep a lookout for pettigrew or something.

Or he could go to Lupin's first and make him do all the work, while simply 'staying low' himself.

Denise P. - Feb 20, 2003

Perhaps they have a secret password, handshake or tattoo that allows them to recognize a friendly? I think it is more likely that Dumbledore will put out the word, via the Phoenix Signal ::::, that Sirius is to be trusted.

Marcus, you asked what the point of doing this would be AND in sending Sirius...I assume you think it would be redundant? I think if Dumbledore sends word Sirius is to be trusted, it is still advisable to have him go there, in person, and answer any questions that may crop up as well as satisfy the Old Crowd that he, Sirius, is indeed clear. They, the Old Crowd, can satisfy themselves that it is Sirius, that the need for them to gather is urgent or whatever they plan to do.

I know if I was part of a group that for 14 years had laid low and was suddenly called together, I would feel much better being able to question someone in person rather than just getting a message from the Head Enchilada.

Sly Girl - Feb 20, 2003

If I got a message from an enchilada, I'd be mighty scared, actually...how messy. ;o)

Maybe the old crowd knows the truth. We know Dumbledore keeps in touch with various people. And he does so in secret, I mean, how many of us were surprised to learn he too had been in contact with Sirius in GoF? It makes sense, but I hadn't thought it myself until after I read it. Maybe the old crowd also know to trust Dumbledore. I mean, heck he got Snape and Sirius to at least acknowledge each other.

rettoP yrraH - Feb 20, 2003

Good Question! I think if lupin is with him there will be no problems .

Nine - Feb 21, 2003

Remus might not be able to be there, rettoP yrraH.

I was thinking about this, but then I remembered that there is a lot that can't be said in a letter for fear that the owl is intercepted. Sirius had to be careful writing to Harry in GoF. So Dumbledore sends an owl to the members of the old crowd, telling them that Sirius is a good guy and (possibly) that Voldie's back, and that Sirius will show up sometime during the summer to fill them in on the details.

S.E. Jones - Mar 25, 2003

Hey I was wondering, is there any evidence that Dumbledore told McGonagal and Hagrid about Sirius being innocent? I noticed that neither were around during the scene in the hospital when Sirius transformed and that HRH have (seemingly) gone out of their way to not mention Sirius around Hagrid. Didn't Hagrid say something in PoA about wanting to rip Sirius apart with his barehands (in the Three Broomsticks)? Do you guys think this will cause a problem in OoP?

Also, how will Arthur and Percy respond? I mean they will be kind of conflicted won't they, working for the MoM and all.
Laurelin - Mar 26, 2003

When Sirius goes to alert the old crowd, couldn't he go first go to Lupin and then go see the rest of the group together with him? (And then later lie low at Lupin's...)? Maybe Dumbledore wrote him a "Letter of recommendation" that he was carrying with him??? (Just guessing) I don't know wether Dumbledore informed McGonagall and Hagrid about the true nature of Sirius... hmm maybe he told them that Sirius wasn't evil, but didn't tell them that he was an animagus? I mean imo Snape didn't seem to know (btw: did Snape know that Sirius was an Animagus??? Sorry I really can't remember), and Dumbledore trusts him, I doubt that he told McGonagall everything. He seems to give information when it is needed and not tell everybody everything right away...

Lenka - Mar 26, 2003

It never sais Snape knew Sirius was an animagus, as far as I can remember. If Dumbledore didn't know, I doubt Snape did.

Nine - Mar 26, 2003

Sirius would have to have had the "letter of recommendation" before hand, Laurelin, so I don't think he has one.

Eloise Midgen - Mar 26, 2003

I think Sirius will round up the old crowd in the form of a dog, perhaps with a letter in his mouth or something. Once they are congregated, Dumbledore will convince everyone that Sirius is innocent, and then Sirius will transform back. I can't help but wonder if Harry will participate in these meetings?

I'm not too worried. Even if Sirius gets rearrested, he can at least demand a trial, at which Harry and Dumbledore can be witnesses to his innocence. So no, poor Snuffles is not going to get zapped, <ba>t least not in the ways above suggested. Voldie is another matter.

S.E. Jones - Mar 26, 2003

Eloise Midgen, not too worried? Did you forget what happened to Barty Crouch, Jr.? Fudge said in PoA that the Dementors had permision to give him the Kiss on sight and I'm afraid that if an official got his hands on Sirius, he would be handed over to them straight away; I don't see a trial in Sirius' immediate future unless there is a serious change in ranks at the MoM.

Eloise Midgen - Mar 26, 2003

Oh yeah. I forgot the dementors kiss on sight thing. Well, I am worried then. I'm sticking to the theory that Dumbledore should explain to people about it before Sirius shows himself. I do see Snape as an immediate threat. *feebly* "Dumbledore will fix everything, right?"

S.E. Jones - Mar 26, 2003

---"Dumbledore will fix everything, right?"---

I hope so Eloise but maybe we should cross our collective fingers, just in case.

Cliff Hamaker - Mar 28, 2003

I like to think that Dumbley-Dore would clap his hands and everything would be OK.... Kinda like wen he did the House colors change at the end of SS/PS..... Oh, well. I can dream.

I do believe that Dumbley-Dore would step in if it comes to that though. However, with Fudge the horrible little man that he is, he would probably bow to public opinion and give Sirius the Kiss. Remember how Mrs. Weasley reacted? Just think how everyone else will react. And they'll be in large groups!

Lenka - Mar 28, 2003

I just don't think Sirius will be killed. No way. JK wouldn't get rid of such an important character, at least not now. Sirius is the only "familly" Harry has now, isn't he? I think Harry would refuse to have the Weasleys "adopt" him completelly, he'd try to get as far as he can from the Dursleys, so if Harry was to choose where to live, he'd stay with Sirius. In a sense, that makes Sirius somewhat a substitute for Harry's parents. And Harry is much closer to Sirius than Remus, I think.

So no, Snuffles CAN'T ger zapped.

Dumbledore II - Mar 29, 2003

I completely agree with you Ellen. Not only that, but JK said somewhere that she "wouldn't be cruel to Harry" and that would be more than cruel. At the moment Harry needs both, Sirius and Dumbledore.

And Sirius is the only one from "The old crowd" how actually knows the truth. I guess he'll go straight to Lupin, who could inform the rest of the group about Sirius being innocent and that Voldemort is back.

Nine - Mar 29, 2003

Sirius won't be killed...yet. There might be a few interesting close calls, but I won't really worry about it until after Sirius is cleared and Harry can go live with him.

Sly Girl - Mar 29, 2003

I have to agree with the above- I don't think Sirius will get killed off. Because if Harry does survive all of this, he deserves to have a father (figure) in his life- and his godfather would be perfect for that. I also don't get the feeling that Sirius is truly vulnerable- the man survived in Azkaban for pete's sake! He's got guts! I mean, yes- there's the whole everyone thinks he's guilty thing, but in time, I think the true story will come out and he'll be accepted back into the wizarding world again.

I was also looking over old interviews with JKR and she was talking about different characters being 'vulnerable' to attack and it surprised me who she mentioned (and Sirius wasn't mentioned): Hermione, Ron and Lupin.

W J - Mar 29, 2003

SG, that makes sense. Sirius is in hiding so is not vulnerable to attack. Dumbledore and all the teachers are at Hogwarts so they are protected. Harry has 'ancient magic' protection at the Dursley's. But Hermione and her parents are indeed without protection, as are the Weasleys and Lupin in their homes unless they have put up some type of protection themselves. Would they think to do that?

Sly Girl - Mar 29, 2003

Well, actually, the interview was in reference as to who's going to die or get hurt and she was saying how she always get's letters about Ron, because everyone thinks she's going to kill him off. lol And then she went on to say that she was surprised that no one really mentioned Hermione, who definitely is open to attack. (I guess because we all think Hermione knows it all. heh) And I can't remember the Lupin reference.... I think it had something to do with his werewolfness.

As to those people putting protections around themseleves.. eh.. you're right I can't really see it. I mean, the Weasley's.. yes, I can see Arthur and Molly maybe doing something and even Lupin but I don't think Hermione would worry about her parents being involved. Although come to think of it, she does know how much her muggle parentage bugs certain people.

My guess is, with Voldie back in town, people might be taking precautions they might not otherwise take.

I hope.

W J - Mar 29, 2003

Maybe Dumbledore or Mr. Weasley will take steps to protect the Grangers. Mr. Weasley is aware of Lucius Malfoy's awareness/interest in the Grangers after that fight they had in the bookstore.

Vicky Leery - Mar 31, 2003

Here's what I think: Sirius will not be killed or "kissed," but he WILL get caught at some point. Perhaps this will have something to do with one of the "old crowd" not trusting him and calling the MOM.

Why? In Book 3, there was one line that really stuck out like a rusty nail to me: when Arthur Weazeley said to the two boys that "the dementors will get Black, you mark my words." I had the feeling that, while Mr. Weazely was telling the boys this, JKR was also speaking to us through him.

I know it's not very credible to base such a big assumption on one line, but I trust my instincts.

As for Hermione being especially vulnerable, I completely agree that people aren't paying much attention to her safety, even the readers. Quite a while ago, I read the same interview that Sytherin Girl mentioned, and came to the conclusion that Hermione is going to be in serious danger in the years to come. Book 2 should have been a clue to that.

Marye Lupin - Mar 31, 2003

"I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building." Peanuts I've been interested in Hermione and her family for a while (mostly because I'm interested to see how muggle families deal with a daughter whose a which) and I've had this feeling that they are going to be mentioned more in the later books. The only times we really see them they seem to be depicted as slightly vulnerable (looking nervous and being insulted by Malfoy).

I agree with Vicky Leery- I think there is a chance Sirius might get captured (I really doubt that he will be kissed or killed, just captured for a while.) This is also just my instinct, I may be wrong.

Olivia Wood - Apr 26, 2003

Captured by whom? The MOM or the Death Eaters? I know you said dementors, but they could be working for either.

Vicky Leery - Apr 27, 2003

You're right, Olivia. In fact, the dementors could even have an agenda of their own. But it seems to be very likely that they would turn on the Ministry and join up with Voldemort. But what if not all of them do that? But I don't think they have much in the way of individuality, so if any of them are on Voldemort's side, they all are. But which side are they on, if any?

Now that you mention the Death Eaters, another idea has occured to me. I think Voldemort would want to try and "recruit" Black over to the "Dark Side". The question is, would he refuse? And what would Voldemort do to him if he did?

Another thing. If Voldemort or the Death Eaters or the dementors get to Black before he gets to the "Old Crowd," who will warn them?

Denise S. - Apr 27, 2003

Vicky, why would Voldemort want to recruit Black? I think that once Wormtail went back to Voldy, he would have told him about the Incident in the Shrieking Shack and that Sirius was *inches* away from shredding him to pieces. Black was the one who was trying to look out for the Potters and has been doing his best to protect Harry. And yes, Sirius would definitely refuse any overtures (sp?) from Voldemort, and Voldey'd likely kill him for it :-).

You asked:"If Voldemort or the Death Eaters or the dementors get to Black before he gets to the "Old Crowd," who will warn them?"

Who's "them"?

Vicky Leery - Apr 27, 2003

"Them" is (are?) the Old Crowd. Sorry about that. I was torn between being confusing and being redundant. (What with saying the words "Old Crowd" twice in the same sentence.)

As for Voldemort wanting to recuit Black, that idea was based mostly on instinct. I suppose I thought of it because, since everyone thinks he's in league with Voldemort, Voldemort will want to fulfil that assumption or rumor or whatever you want to call it.

Plus, Black seems to be on his way to becoming an active opponent of Voldemort, and he's the godfather of the person Voldemort wants to kill.

I'm not trying to force the theory on anyone, I'm just stating my thoughts. (Not that I'm accusing anyone of accusing me of doing otherwise.)

Olivia Wood - Apr 28, 2003

I'd say it would be more likeley for Voldemort to try to recruit Sirius via the Imperius Curse. That could go along with the getting captured idea.

Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum