HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive of Five Words Stories

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #4 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:20 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:32 pm (#2892 of 2977) [Edited Dec 12, 2010 11 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #4, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "The Crumple-Horned Snorkack and the Almighty Michael Corner"

This story was written from Dec 12, 2005 to Jan 3, 2006. Eight writers contributed to the story, which is 530 words long. Two of the eight writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Jan 3, 2006 11:58 pm: Wow. This is by far the wackiest of them all.

- Emily, Jan 4, 2006 12:36 am: Wow, pretty interesting. Thanks Finn, and good job Kate!

* Five Words – Volume 1 Index * 

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #5

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:23 am

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Jan 14, 2006 7:43 pm (#572 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Exhausting Journey from Romania"

Charlie just came back from an exhausting journey with Mad-Eye. They flew from Romania to see about getting some dragons to guard a secret package that they need to defeat the biggest, meanest, nastiest, smelliest, ugliest, most grotesque and terrifying dark wizard of all the Slytherins that had ever managed to commit such brutal, awful, disgusting, terrible, dreadful, arrant, gross crimes.

Harry was waiting with the Weasleys behind the large dragon blind they had constructed especially for this important occasion. Molly was fussing over who would be the dragon bait and simultaneously trying to make some nice wholesome porridge for her brood.

“Can I be of help?” Harry asked.

“Help!” yelled Mr. Weasley, totally desperate.

“Nope, we’re covered. The hired dragon Sherpa will act as the cook.” The sarcasm rang in Bill’s voice, and Harry decided to take a nap.

“I’ll give you a hand,” said Remus to Mrs. Weasley, who was busy peeling potatoes.

Meanwhile, Charlie untangled Arthur from his plugs. He was trying to get Arthur to help in the kitchen, but he saw that he wouldn’t have a chance.

“Anyone care for a nice bottle of chilled pumpkin juice?” asked George innocently.

“NO!” was screamed frantically from Ron and Hermione, who both were tying down the dragon.

“It wants raw meat!” Charlie screamed. “Raw meat right this instant!” But at the mention of ‘instant,’ the dragon surprisingly rolled over, wanting his tummy scratched. But then something dreadful occurred.

As Charlie leaned towards the dragon, Mad-Eye Moody suddenly bellowed, “Your wand, Charlie,” and appeared at the doors. He rolled his eye and gestured toward the five incoming dragons who didn’t look friendly at all to him. In fact, they chanted, “We aren’t friendly!” Unfortunately, Moody was the only person who understood Dragonish, so he had to translate.

Meanwhile, Molly handed everyone fireproof umbrellas, except Percy. “The bait, dear. Quick!” said Molly. Percy grumbled, but it was too late – he felt his legs lift off the ground.

“Remember what I told you!” bellowed Charlie. “Just remain calm!”

“He’s fainted,” squealed Mrs. Weasley. He’ll be alright when we call Lockhart to perform his miraculous spells that can save anybody who has no personality!” chuckled Fred, who was watching his brother with delight.

“Poor old Perce,” said Charlie, trying to stifle any giggles that could accidentally escape.

“Expelliarmus!” said Harry, exasperated. Percy dropped to the floor as everybody raised their fireproof umbrellas – except Percy, of course, who didn’t have any because he was wearing a fireproof raincoat.

“Ron, be careful!” Percy snapped suddenly, pointing behind Ron at an Acromantula. Ron slowly turned around. His face was white.

“That’s no Acromantula,” growled Moody. “That’s a very rare Mongolian prince in disguise.”

“I know by his tiny feet, which are characteristics for that kind of Mongoliacromantulamagus. The dragons are his allies. Seize them all!” cried Kingsley Shacklebolt, who had appeared with a team of purebred bloodhounds in single file. The dogs pounced immediately, but instead of pouncing the Mongoliacromantulamagus and the dragons, they swarmed around Percy.

“Mother, please! I am drowning! Save me!”

“No, Percy, you must do it by yourself. This is your undoing. You are not Percy. You are really Fudge, trying to overthrow Rufus Scrimgeour.

“Fudge? He can’t transfigure a teabag!” objected Kingsley. “Ha, Polyjuice Potion wouldn’t even do it, because — HA! — I am actually Fudge!”

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #5 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:24 am

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Jan 14, 2006 7:45 pm (#573 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 5

• CatherineHermiona 14
• Little Ginny 13
• Mrs Brisbee 19
• Emily 17
• Snuffles 15
• dizzy lizzy 6
• Finn BV 21
• haymoni 2

Total Submissions: 107
Total Words: 535
Last Submission Date: #565, Jan 13, 7:54 pm. (Mrs Brisbee)

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #5 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:26 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:32 pm (#2893 of 2977) [Edited Dec 12, 2010 11 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #5, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "The Exhausting Journey from Romania"

This story was written from Jan 4, 2006 to Jan, 13, 2006. Eight writers contributed to the story, which is 535 words long. Three of the eight writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Jan 14, 2006 7:50 pm: Yay! This story has such a cool ending!

- Snuffles, Jan 16, 2006 9:02 am: Great ending to the last story

- Emily, Jan 16, 2006 4:23 pm: Am I the only one who didn't entirely get the ending to the last story?

- Finn BV, Jan 16, 2006 10:02 pm: Emily, I think, basically, they're trying to save themselves from the evil, etc., dragons, while people are preparing food, and then this Acromantula comes along, but it's not really that, it's a Mongolian prince, aka Magnoliacromantula, then it attacks Percy, and Mrs. Weasley gives him repentence for his actions in OoP, I would guess, and then considers him to be like Fudge if he were to overthrow Scrimgeour, then Kingsley reveals Percy isn't Fudge because Kingsley himself is.

The other explanation is that it doesn't make sense.

- Emily, Jan 17, 2006 11:28 pm: Thanks Finn! I though it was something like that, but I wasn't sure.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #6

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:32 am

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Jan 25, 2006 1:39 am (#689 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Order Member We've Never Formally Met"

Hedwig alighted on the blackened rock and cooed. “Amazing, isn’t it?” said Harry.

“No!” replied Ginny with a bored face that was telling everything. Harry looked with admiration at his parents’ wrecked house, though, and thought about last month’s shocking revelation. He had begged Ginny to be quiet, but she simply wasn’t listening. Harry suspected that Hedwig had bribed Ginny to travel with him, though she still wasn’t quite herself…

Ron and Hermione exchanged nervous looks, and took Hedwig’s letter from the enchanted bag they had mysteriously received.

“ ‘Mr. Potter is required to attend a banquet to honor the guest of honor, namely, the famous Aberforth Dumbledore,’ ” read Ron. “Weird. Isn’t this bag goatskin?”

Hermione looked disgusted as she held it aloft.

The rubble of the stones under their feet suddenly trembled ominously. A fissure widened and a strange green glow illuminated the scorched rubble. Ron grabbed Hermione’s arm and said, “Oh, no! We’re going to lose them!”

Racing through the now dark night, they stumbled frantically towards the now brightly lit lamppost. It was singing. And, Hermione noticed, it was illuminating a figure behind it.

The figure of Hagrid moved into view; his face was swollen almost beyond recognition due to hundreds of cuts that crisscrossed it. “It was Aberforth!” moaned the tearful Hagrid, “He said the goats had told him to do it. He was saying sorry while he cursed me, and that he had been on Dumbledore’s side all along.” Said Hagrid mournfully, “But poor Dumbledore never knew ’bout all them evil goats! He never knew the truth! He…”

But Hagrid was interrupted by the clatter of hooves of Firenze. “Harry, Hagrid, something terrible has happened just now. Follow me, but keep your hands to yourselves; the baby goats have a venomous bite and they are hungry. Beware the purple grass on the left side of the road because it makes you feel weak. Harry’s friends, you must be very careful when you are together; you are targets.” Harry looked at Ron and Hermione, and dramatically said, “Please just take us to the cliff, Firenze. So long, guys. This is my task. I —”

“Oh, don’t be stupid, Harry. How many times do we have to tell you we’re supposed to help you? Come on, let’s go hunt some Horcruxes, Ron,” said Hermione. And they set out on a walk up to the singing lamppost, beyond the purple grass, that was alight with a scarlet glare.

“I get it!” squealed Harry. “The singing lamppost is really Dumbledore in disguise!”

Thunk! went Hagrid as he realized what Harry had said, and fell face first onto the soft purple grass, which began to dance to the tune the lamppost was playing.

“Dumbledore?” said Ron. “Is that you? You’re a Luminapostimagus?!”

Hermione tried to hoist Hagrid his feet, but failed. Harry was panicky. Where was Firenze? A flash of light caught Harry’s eye. Was that really a merperson above water? “Albus!” shouted Aberforth, caught in the glaring headlight coming rapidly toward them.

“Hagrid, is there something you need to know? The Quest is –” But Firenze was suddenly interrupted by Dumbledore, who had called Sirius’ old motorcycle to him.

“This motorbike is no ordinary vehicle. It is actually a Horcrux. Well done, Harry.”

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #6 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:34 am

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Jan 25, 2006 1:42 am (#690 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 6

• Mrs Brisbee 14
• Finn BV 23
• dizzy lizzy 19
• Little Ginny 18
• CatherineHermiona 3
• Emily 13
• Snuffles 13
• haymoni 2
• Tazzygirl 2

Total Submissions: 107
Total Words: 535
Last Submission Date: #682, Jan 24, 1:38 pm. (Finn BV)

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #6 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:35 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:32 pm (#2894 of 2977) [Edited Dec 12, 2010 11 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #6, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "The Order Member We've Never Formally Met"

This story was written from Jan 15, 2006 to Jan 24, 2008. Nine writers contributed to the story, which is 535 words long. Three of the nine writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Jan 25, 2006 1:47 am: I really like this story, this is probably our best yet. It races to the climax.

- Little Ginny, Jan 25, 2006 12:21 pm: That was the best story so far, I think!

- Mrs Brisbee, Jan 25, 2006 1:23 pm: That story was pretty funny. It almost even made sense.... Almost.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #7

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:47 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Feb 12, 2006 3:50 am (#924 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Hippogriffs, Voldemort, Dementors, and Luna"

“Hey! Hurry up, you two!” Hermione said impatiently. “We need everyone who is able to Apparate in a circle.”

“Huh?” said Ron groggily. “But I thought you said Apparition wasn’t until March.”

“It’s August already. Pay attention, Ron,” said Mrs. Weasley. “We just got a letter from the Ministry. And –” she said sternly, “– we must get there as soon as possible! Now, everyone, gather your wands and your backpacks and form a circle! Make sure you are able to see clearly, because we don’t want any unnecessary surprises from the Hippogriffs above us. After Mr. Weasley counts to three, we concentrate hard and Apparate together.”

Ron mumbled grumpily but went to gather his things. “Amos? Are you ready for us?” said Charlie who was busy assembling an enormous wooden contraption. “It’s a Have-a-Heart Hippogriff Trap,” he explained. “I made it, inspired by the Trojans. We are going to attempt to Apparate inside it, so they won’t notice. Anyway, we have only a few minutes to Apparate, so be quick!”

Without further delay, everyone quietly huddled together and on the count of three, they all turned and Disapparated. Ron, however, had forgotten the three D’s and ended up with no hair.

“Ron, my poor baby,” Mrs. Weasley crooned, as Ron started to cry.

“He’s faking, Mum,” announced Ginny crossly. “He’s always hated red hair, that’s why he ‘forgot’ the third D! He always finds ways to lose his hair or eyebrows!”

“Molly, we can’t worry about it right now. We have to think about the Hippogriffs! Come on, hurry up, you guys,” said Bill. “And girls, be careful. The Hippogriffs are very old and grouchy, they are quick to snap first at females because of the rare attraction they have to flowery scents. Especially you, Ginny.”

“You should have told us before we volunteered to help with this,” said Ginny. “Hermione’s hoodie is so pink and she smells of Ron’s aftershave, not exactly –”

“Hey!” Ron cut in. “My aftershave is not flowery!”

But Amos Diggory interrupted them. Clearing his throat, he said loudly, “It’s time. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is on his way here right now for some tea. Make sure the cookies are fresh, we don’t want him to be scared off by stale pasty!”

Ron and Hermione looked at each other and giggled. “Dearest Mother,” said Ron, “We think you should know that, in disguise, You-Know-Who is actually Professor Trelawney, but please keep very quiet about that, because Voldemort doesn’t usually just come to tea leaf readings or anything. But he loves them in these Have-a-Heart Hippogriff things!”

“Well, if you say so. Oh, he must be here already. Everyone, quick, make sure the teapots are ready and the tea is hot. We need to act fast and look presentable. You all know how picky they are about that. If we don’t make it correctly, we are all doomed to suffer the fate Teapotitus! Our arms will fold up like concertinas,” said Bill, who was smoothing out the creases in Fleur’s face. Harry screamed at the sight of her eyes disappearing into her sockets, and her mouth suddenly became a thin line of some ugly brownish color. She let out a huge protest at the indignity while Bill tried countercurse after countercurse. “Get away, frown lines!” He turned his wand around and pointed it toward the door, where a strange black mist had congealed.

“RUN!” cried Hermione, “The Hippogriffs are starting to summon their Dementor friends! Find a way to the exit, quick! If no, we will be in serious trouble. The Hippogriffs are actually Ministry experiments; they were bred for special tasks like this one which to capture all non-Ministry supporters and to get what they want, which is us! So, let’s fight them and make them leave!”

She pulled out her wand and tried to cast a Patronus. Harry stepped forward and said, “You can’t do it like that, Hermione. You, you must flick the wand and think of a happy thought, and there isn’t any chocolate here, so be careful!” He tried to help her, but the kneazles kept getting in the way.

Mrs. Weasley rushed forward with a knitting needle and tried to make the kneazles jump into the air to block the Dementors. When nothing happened, she asked for some help. Before anyone could point out that she was using a knitting needle, the black mist was floating in front of them!

Harry raised his wand, but right at that instant Percy jumped out from behind and started to talk about cauldron thickness. “What people fail to see is that these dangerous foreign cauldrons are ruining our potions, and that’s because our potions are designed for real cauldrons. I mean, really, who would want to be such rubbish?”

“Hey,” interrupted Ron, “we are in the middle of something important.”

Just as he leaned over towards Hermione a hex narrowly missed him, and Percy screamed, “Listen to me! Our cauldrons are just as important as… whatever you people are up to here!”

“You don’t even know what that is!” screamed Hermione as she got rid of a Jelly-Legs Hex. She raised her wand and yelled with threatening tones: “No, Percy, you won’t stop us! I know what you are trying to do!”

“The Dementors are working with you in order to distract us,” exclaimed Harry.

He aimed a hex at Percy, but Mrs. Weasley jumped in front of him screaming, “That’s not Percy!”

“Well, we know that part,” said Harry dryly, waving his wand in the air.

“Hey guys!” said Luna who suddenly appeared behind Percy, “I know I’m supposed to come later, but I didn’t want to miss all the party, because I have heard that Percy is actually the nefarious leader of the Crumple-Horned Snorkacks, who to join forces with a tribe such as that requires a certain type of wizard such as he.”

“Wow, Luna! I didn’t know you could Apparate?” said a shocked Ron, entirely ignoring her lengthy greeting.

“Well,” she explained, “I decided to learn when you said you were having tea. I simply adore tea.”

Suddenly, the Dementors behind Luna began to lunge for teacups. “Hey!” exclaimed Harry. “Those aren’t real teacups. They’re from Fred and George, you thieves! Expecto Pastrami!” Sandwiches pelted the Dementors.

“This is all your fault!” screamed Mr. Weasley.

“Now we have stinky pastrami sandwiches everywhere! Why weren’t you a bit more careful?” cried Luna as she angrily shoved the sandwiches into the Dementors’ hands, and Ginny and Hermione did exactly as Luna had done, only they threw their sandwiches at the door.

“Poor Voldemort! He will miss all the sandwiches!”

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #7 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:48 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Feb 12, 2006 3:53 am (#925 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 7

• dizzy lizzy 17
• Tazzygirl 40
• Little Ginny 27
• Mrs Brisbee 25
• Finn BV 28
• Emily 23
• Snuffles 23
• haymoni 1
• CatherineHermiona 30

Total Submissions: 214
Total Words: 1070
Last Submission Date: #919, Feb 11, 1:52 pm. (Tazzygirl)

Please note that the statistics on this story may be slightly altered considering my computer froze as I was taking the 110 posts that I missed while absent. I think I started recounting from where the computer had reset them, but things may be slightly off. In any event, we definitely managed over 1000 words!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #7 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:51 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:32 pm (#2895 of 2977) [Edited Dec 12, 2010 12 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #I, Volume 7,
Potty Five Words: "Hippogriffs, Voldemort, Dementors, and Luna"

This story was written from Jan 24, 2006 to Feb 11, 2006. Nine writers contributed to the story, which is 1,070 words long. Six of the nine writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Feb 12, 2006 4:01 am: Well, that took quite some time to read! I liked that a lot! The punch line is great, but the plot is really lost near the middle.

- Tazzygirl, Feb 12, 2006 4:14 am: That was a very funny (and confusing!) story! Good job everyone!! I won? Yeay!! Ok... A Valentine's story, huh? ummmmmm...

- Little Ginny, Feb 12, 2006 12:07 pm: That really was a long story, that last one...

- Emily, Feb 12, 2006 8:08 pm: Great job on the last story! It turned out really well.

- Snuffles, Feb 13, 2006 8:59 am: Wow, wot a different story that last one turned out to be!! (from post #945: apologies for my typing in my earlier post! I typed wot (text speak) instead of what! sorry! )

- Mrs Brisbee, Feb 15, 2006 2:00 am: The last story was pretty darned amusing. But do we really know who Percy is?...

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #8

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:08 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Feb 25, 2006 10:13 pm (#1174 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "A Valentine's Day Love Chiliaicosikaienneagon?*"

*Note: Chiliaicosikaienneagon is a rare word meaning a polygon of 1029 sides.

Ron, Harry and Neville were busy wrapping presents for Valentine’s Day, when in walked Hermione, dressed in bright pink, wearing a hoodie.

“Hermione! Uh… what are you doing here?”

“Get out!”

“Well,” hmphed Hermione, “I just wanted to ask if you guys had seen Ginny. She was supposed to help me wra — oh, never mind!” She replied in a harsh voice, then cried.

“Hermione…” Harry said hesitantly. “What’s wrong?”

“N-n-nothing. I just t-t-thought the present Ron was wrapping may be for –” She turned around before she revealed any further incriminating things, and ran into her dorm room.

Ron glanced at Harry and Neville. “Girls.”

“Who is that present for, then, Ron?” Lavender appeared by the door.

“Long story.”

“But –”

A loud crash interrupted their increasingly uncomfortable conversation. “What was that?” asked Harry.

“Oh, that was probably Hermione, breaking her glass astronomy globe set. She’ll be okay in a few minutes.”

“Reparo!” shouted a voice from room next to theirs.

“I told you so!” smiled Harry, though he was in no mood for tantrums. “Come on, let’s twist again – or let’s sing the Hippogriff song.”

The door burst open again. In walked Seamus and Dean wearing their Valentine’s buttons. “We love that Valentine’s Day. Love is everywhere, all around. Even Professor McGonagall was seen giving Snape a big box of chocolate frogs. What a waste of perfectly good frogs!” exclaimed Seamus, shaking in anger.

Dean quickly tried to calm him. “You see, I swiped them!” Dean showed him the box, but it began to smolder around the pink lacy edges. Suddenly, it dissolved into bright pink smoke.

“Excuse me, Mr. Finnigan,” snarled Snape, suddenly appearing at the door.

Automatically, the lights dimmed, and Cupid-clad dwarves tackled Seamus.

As he disappeared underneath the many arms and legs he yelled, “Nooo, McGonagall loves me!”

“McGonagall has spiked these with Veritaserum, Mr. Finnigan,” snarled Snape.

“No! I can’t believe I’m being forced Veritaserum by Snape!”

But Hermione suddenly entered the room carrying something that looked like a present, but wrapped all in black. It was an omen of death.

“Somebody left this outside my door. Anybody recognize it?”

“Yes,” said Ron proudly.

“What?” yelped Harry. “What do you mean, ‘yes’?”

“Someone left the very same behind my chair in the library.” Ron looked pointedly at Harry, obviously not realizing what had just happened.

“You mean this is from you? But I could have sworn that I was with you the entire morning! Did it come via express elf post?” queried Snape, who had just started to eat the recovered chocolates.

“No!” shouted Hermione. “Professor, those are spiked with Veritaserum!”

She smirked when Snape said, “Actually, Miss Granger, I only pretended those had Veritaserum so Mr. Finnigan would be afraid to hand them to his girlfriend.”

Harry glanced at Seamus. “You have a girlfriend? How come you didn’t tell us? Who is it?”

“It’s Myrtle,” blushed Seamus, and Dean giggled. “She’s so nice to me and she is such a patient teacher. See, it started when I accidentally wandered into the girls’ bathroom that was for brewing Polyjuice. I turned into a stall, and there she was with Malfoy! I said, ‘What’s going on here?’ Myrtle pulled Malfoy’s head from the cauldron and said, ‘I accidentally knocked him in.’”

“I’m sure it’s a fascinating tale, but it’s private!” Snape smirked before hastily putting on his scowl. “Now Finnigan, if you had followed the rules, you would know that you aren’t allowed to form romantic relationships with ghosts. At least not in Hogwarts.” Snape paused. “Why her? Why did you have to fall in love with my sweet silvery —”

“What?!” cried Draco, appearing around the corner. “What on earth are you doing here?”

“Covering up for you,” hissed Snape. “Let’s hope Myrtle doesn’t discover Olive Hornby is your newest girlfriend…”

“No, please! Don’t!”

But Myrtle appeared that instant. “Don’t stop on my behalf. By all means, continue!” Hysterically crying, she passed by and smacked Draco.

“Ow! Why aren’t you a bit more careful?”

“You moronic fool!” cried Snape.

“Who?! Me?! Look who is talking!” But Dumbledore had arrived that instant and smiled benevolently. “Ah, there’s my box of chocolates. Minerva accidentally took them.” He winked at Harry before he turned to Myrtle. “Now you must choose between either of these two.”

“Pick me!” yelled Draco.

“No,” Snape shouted, “Pick me! I have supported you in all your ghostly tricks you’ve played on students over the years! How could you be so inconsiderate of me?” Snape sounded truly anguished as he begged Myrtle to choose him.

But Seamus solemnly proclaimed from beneath the dwarves: “I swear eternal love to Myrtle, one and only girl for me!” The dwarves applauded.

“Noooooo,” Snape yelled. “You can’t do that to me, Myrtle!!”

“But, Sevvie, you know I love only you. And you love me. But, let’s face the facts, I’m young and I’m not going to die soon —”

“But you’re dead already!” said Ron.

“Always so insensitive!” cried Myrtle. “Just because I’m a ghost doesn’t mean I can’t have feelings!” wept Myrtle. “Professor Binns has feelings, doesn’t he? Why won’t any of you listen to me?” She began to cry loud sobs. Draco ran to her and tired to calm her down and succeeded brilliantly. “Oh, Draco, I don’t know what I would do without you.”

She blushed. Then she realized that Seamus was staring at her: “You have toilet paper hanging from your foot. Well, aren’t you going to remove it?”

“Nah, that’s the latest fashion, don’t you read Ghost Weekly?”

“I must admit I don’t,” replied Seamus.

“I do,” gushed Draco. Myrtle looked at him.

“Draco? But I thought you…” Snape interrupted by slamming shut the door in a huff. Myrtle wailed and disappeared down the hall. Snape gave Draco a package before leaving, which struck Harry as extraordinary.

“What was it, Malfoy,” he snarled.

“None of your business, Potty.”

Hermione raised her wand. “Accio!”

“No!” cried Draco as the package slipped through his fingers.

“Why, it’s another box of chocolate frogs. Wait, did you get these from Snape? But what happened to the other ones? Are you trying to poison anyone with these? Or are you secretly, hopelessly enamored with —”

“No!” Draco wailed. “Don’t say it! I’ll be in big trouble with my mommy if you do so! Please!”

“The Giant Squid is your love!” yelled Hermione.

“Nooooo! You can’t! Dumbledore is the Giant Squid!” said Ron.

“Really?!” asked Draco. “I swear I didn’t know that! After all, if I had known Dumbledore was the Giant Squid, why would I send him love letters and go down to the lake twice a day?”

“You what?” exclaimed Seamus. “Me too! I go there a couple times to feed him raspberry jam! He once said that raspberry was good for his back. I think he only —”

“Silence! We don’t care about some love stories about you!” announced Snape. “Now, if only the Headmaster would like to turn up and—”

And, miraculously, there was a pop! and Dumbledore appeared again. “There seems to be a misunderstanding. Well, I am the Giant Squid, but none of you two will ever be my sweetheart.”

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #8 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:10 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Feb 25, 2006 10:20 pm (#1175 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 8

• Tazzygirl 42
• Little Ginny 37
• Finn BV 39
• Emily 19
• CatherineHermiona 38
• Snuffles 34
• Mrs Brisbee 14
• dizzy lizzy 13

Total Submissions: 236
Total Words: 1,180
Last Submission Date: #1171, Feb 25, 11:08 am. (Little Ginny)
Total Time to Create Story: 13 days, 14 hours, 54 minutes.

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #8 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:12 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:32 pm (#2896 of 2977) [Edited Dec 12, 2010 12 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #8, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "A Valentine's Day Love Chiliaicosikaienneagon?*"

This story was written from Feb 11, 2006 to Feb 25, 2006. Eight writers contributed to the story, which is 1,180 words long. Six of the eight writers posted feedback.

- dizzy lizzy, Feb 25, 2006 10:21 pm: ROFLx3

Hilarious story! and you know...some of it actually made sense!!!!!

- Finn BV, Feb 25, 2006 10:13 pm: Not my favorite, but it was pretty good. Incidentally guys, I made a new category in the stats: "Total time to create story," from the time of the first post to the last.

- Emily, Feb 26, 2006 2:41 am: That story was great! I wonder where this one will go.

- CatherineHermiona, Feb 26, 2006 8:10 am: So nice story! I was actually third! And only one submission less than 2nd one, Finn! But of course I knew Tazzy would win... she posted almost every second submission... If she was here from the start, I would never won that story I won, and I won that one only thanks to Finn's absence for a week... And story was sooooo funny!

- Mrs Brisbee, Feb 26, 2006 1:26 pm: The last story was funny, though I had completely lost track of it by the end and gave up posting.

Got a good chuckle from Finn keeping track of how long it took to make the story down to the exact minute

- Snuffles, Feb 27, 2006 8:48 am: Well I must say, that last story was.....different!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #9

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Mar 4, 2006 11:45 pm (#1404 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Neville's Mission"

As rain poured down, Neville stood, soaking wet, trying to see who was standing on the station platform. A dark man was looking straight at him, and he could only be the man Neville had seen earlier lurking in the House of Gaunt that was looking miserable. What on earth was that guy doing here?

“Lumos,” muttered Neville, as he slowly walked closer to the man, when he realized it had stopped raining, ruining his “boy-standing-in-the-rain” disguise. “Oh, well,” he tried to say, but found that he had lost his voice.

The dark figure started to move in Neville’s direction. He handed Neville a folded rain-soaked parchment and a bag containing many Galleons. “Read immediately. Contact HQ. Destroy note afterwards.” The man turned and vanished. Neville blinked nervously before he unfolded the parchment. He read, “Your mission is to retrieve the items stolen from Hogwarts. This mission is both dangerous and extremely secret. You must communicate your findings by using a secret communication device which is already sewn into your cloak. You’ll find further information on your travels. Good luck.”

Neville shoved his hands into his cloak. He touched a small disc and took it in his palm. It glowed and letters appeared on it: “R.A.B.”

“Who’s that?” asked Neville. Of course, he didn’t get a closer look at the station that he found that evening, because he was whisked away in a swirl of aqua mist. “Tonks? What are you doing here? Did you see that man? Who’s R.A.B.?”

“What man, Neville?” Tonks looked surprised at Neville’s sudden appearance, and glanced curiously around. “I think you’re the only man in this alley — shh, there’s a light coming closer. I think we should get out of—”

“No! I have to travel onwards.” Neville bravely turned and slowly walked towards the light. His face was determined and he gripped his wand. Beads of sweat dripped off his forehead. Feeling his mouth drying up, he wished he was braver. Taking a deep breath, he shouted the words, “Lumos!” His wand tip burst into a shining light. The faint light faltered.

“Neville? What are you doing here?” asked Hagrid. His big bushy beard had been covering the lantern.

“H-h-hello, Hagrid,” he whispered. “I just want to check…”

Hagrid put his arm around Neville’s shoulders and said, “How do you do, Neville? You all righ’?”

“W-W-Well, yes, but I can’t stop.” He glanced back before Hagrid got chances to ask any further questions. He Disapparated and Hagrid didn’t know where Neville had gone to. Shrugging, he went to Hogwarts, where Fang was waiting for him.

“We had better see Dumbledore before Neville does anything that might accidentally hurt the Order.”

Meanwhile, Neville was trudging through something gross. Apparently, he ended up in the dodgy end of some big ship. It looked deserted apart from the glow coming from the window. The Dark Mark was etched in the glass. He snuck towards the window and peered inside. Someone was trying to break into the captain’s quarters! That someone looked exactly like Draco. His white blond hair showed brightly by the light, but his face was turned away. Neville summoned up all his strength and tried to break down the door, but he didn’t have any success.

“Alohomora!” he shouted. The door burst open. Malfoy whipped it around; it was too late, Neville was already shouting “Petrificus Totalus!”

Malfoy’s limbs snapped together, and he fell on the floor. Neville carefully stepped over him to the locked door, pointing at something that looked like a shadow. He could feel the hairs on the back of his neck bristling with tension. He pointed his wand at that shadow, when all at once Harry appeared beside him.

“Wait! Neville, it’s Professor Moody. He’s here to help us with some research for the Order.”

Neville glared before lowering his wand. “Harry – how can you be here with me? This is my story and I’ll decide who will be in it!”

Harry turned to him. “What are you saying? I have to leave?”

“Well, I didn’t think you’d be so upset!”

Pop! Harry Disapparated in a cloud of dust. Neville cleared his mind and straightened his shoulders. “I’ll try to Apparate somewhere, anywhere, to finish my mission.” The disc glowed in his palm, words were starting to appear: “12 Grimmauld Place. Meeting at seven o’clock this evening. Don’t forget the secret parchment of new instructions hidden under the dustbins at Grimmauld Place.” Neville grinned to himself, “Gran will not like my searching dustbins.

Crack! Dobby appeared and bowed to Neville. “Sir, Dobby must help search the bins, danger is ahead. The Headmaster told Dobby to help. I’m proud to be the one chosen for this mission. I have just received a message that the danger is closing in, and Dobby is to guide Mister Neville in his task! Come!” And they ran out of the captain’s quarters, leaving Malfoy body-bound.

On their way, they ran into none other than a very irate Hagrid, pulling Fang along behind him. “What on earth is happening?” asked Hagrid while he was closing his umbrella. “Where did everyone else go?”

“Well, I can tell you we have been on a treacherous adventure. We’ve got to go now, though – Order meeting at seven!” Neville Disapparated before Hagrid could even blink his eyes!

“Well!” Hagrid looked around and reached for his umbrella. “That was interesting.” The Hagrid costume fell to the ground and out stepped Lucius Malfoy. He brushed his robes and laughed insanely. “Thank you, Longbottom, the Dark Lord shall be pleased, and I will prove my devotion and be elevated to his most faithful servant!”

Meanwhile, Neville had reached headquarters and reported to Dobby who started rummaging through the kitchen. “Dobby must find food! Dobby very hungry.”

“But Dobby,” said Neville, “we must check the bins!” Just as he said this, a loud noise issued from the large dumpster to their right. Neville quickly gripped his wand as he slowly edged towards… Zacharias Smith?

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at Hogwarts? How did you appear here? You are a member of the Order?”

“Are you?” asked Zacharias with a pretty surprised look on his face. “I’ve been running around train stations all day because, well, let me start at the beginning.” But just as he was getting ready to explain, a loud train whistle blew and they disappeared in a loud pop! When they reappeared, they were in bed at Hogwarts in their comfortable dorms.

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #9 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:34 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Mar 4, 2006 11:48 pm (#1405 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 9

• Tazzygirl 46
• Emily 6
• Mrs Brisbee 9
• CatherineHermiona 42
• Finn BV 19
• Caius Iulius 1
• Snuffles 58
• Little Ginny 25
• Hermionefan(#1) 2
• dizzy lizzy 7

Total Submissions: 215
Total Words: 1075
Last Submission Date: #1400, Mar 4, 3:23 am. (CatherineHermiona)
Total Time to Create Story: 6 days, 10 hours, 57 minutes.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #9 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:35 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:33 pm (#2897 of 2977) [Edited Dec 22, 2010 5 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #9, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "Neville's Mission"

This story was written from February 25, 2006 to March 4, 2006. Ten writers contributed to the story, which is 1,075 words long. Three of the ten writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Mar 4, 2006 11:55 pm: Hehe. That was a good story. My favorite so far! Though we never did find the things stolen from Hogwarts...

- Tazzygirl, Mar 5, 2006 1:35 am: I like this story! Although, I had no idea Lucious Malfoy was there...

- Mrs Brisbee, Mar 6, 2006 8:04 pm: I liked the part in the last story where Neville kicks Harry out. That was pretty funny.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #10

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:37 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Mar 14, 2006 2:58 am (#1552 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Wacky Story About Lupin, Umbridge, and Dancing"

Remus stood looking at the bright sliver of the moon. In a few hours he would be going back to the iron cage he had made to keep people safe during his transformation. At least it was now made comfortable and Tonks brought him food and a bone to chew. But looking on the bright side of things, Remus realized that Tonks was willing to accept his lycanthropy. So there was a chance of marriage one day soon.

But… his ruminations were interrupted by an owl who abruptly landed on his shoulder. The letter it carried bore the Hogwarts seal and traces of hair grease! “Severus,” the third time this month. “It is really unbelievable how many questions he can ask. Well, we most certainly can’t have another late-night conference, I’m too busy tonight,” thought Lupin, “what with my transformation and dance lessons at the weekend resort in Little Whinging. Perhaps it is time to send Severus an invite to Danceoholics Anonymous; his behavior is qualifying.”

At that moment, Umbridge appeared by his side. She looked rather gruesome in her mermaid costume, complete with pink polka-dotted bows. “Well, well, well. Look who is here… did you forget that werewolves are, by Ministerial Decree 7512, banned from breathing near Ministry officials.” Her hands reached for her pink pen which she had clipped to her mermaid tail. “I shall count to ten and you will stop breathing. If you do not, I am forced to pierce your lungs with this fork. One, two, three —”

“I’ve told you before, Ministry workers make fine dancers, and Severus wants to dance. But under current circumstances, I’d rather keep breathing so that I can tell you how we are going to make you look ridiculous in front of a large audience that…”

“Enough, Mr. Werewolf!” cried Umbridge, and she showed the fork. “If you don’t tend to the said Educational Degree I will use my utmost power upon you.” Remus laughed and reached into his pockets

“Sorry, sausage fingers, I have no time to lose, I’ll transform soon and eat you up, unless you eat this anti-werewolf pill.”

Bang! There was a loud uproar, causing Umbridge to trip and land on a cactus. “Ow! Now I’m really angry.” She turned but Remus had vanished from sight. “Oh, blast!” She Apparated without a sound to the Department of Mysteries, where she had an urgent meeting with Gilderoy Lockhart.

Remus, meanwhile, was traveling along the countryside, dancing a wolftrot. He was whistling a lively tune and wished that Tonks was there with him. But Remus was about to be “given” to DEs to fool poor Tonks – the plan was to make her believe he had been captured. Alas, Tonks had to make sure he was nowhere to be found before she would believe, what with her strong faith.

Meanwhile, Snape was seething over the Levicorpus that left him upside-down in front of Umbridge, who shrieked madly with delight at the sight of the Kneazles who had appeared out of nowhere on the orders of Mafalda Hopkirk. She yelled, “I love Kneazles! I want to make them my pets,” but when they saw her rings, ran away as fast as possible. Snape fell to his great relief but then he turned on Remus and said, “You moron, you left poor Tonks alone and worried.”

Remus replied, “You think it was easy?” He stormed off into the Shrieking Shack and tried to compose himself.

At that moment Tonks entered the Shack. She walked slowly towards Remus and said, “Why, Remus? Why are you wearing pink spotted pajamas?” Remus blushed.

“I hoped you would notice that. You bought the matching slippers. Anyway, should I tell you why I am here?”

He got a bit confused when she started to laugh and say, “Why on Earth are you laughing when there is still a whole bunch of things you need to do before you go to the dance contest?” Remus put his hands over his eyes and rubbed hard. His fingers started to lengthen and his face got hairier.

“Remus, have you taken your potion tonight?”

“Of course, I didn’t! Now run before things get a lot hairier!”

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #10 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:39 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Mar 14, 2006 3:01 am (#1553 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 10

• Snuffles 40
• Tazzygirl 7
• dizzy lizzy 17
• Little Ginny 19
• CatherineHermiona 24
• Mrs Brisbee 6
• Finn BV 21
• Hermionefan(#1) 1
• Good Evans 5

Total Submissions: 140
Total Words: 700
Last Submission Date: #1548, Mar 13, 4:23 pm. (dizzy lizzy)
Total Time to Create Story: 7 days, 15 hours, 50 minutes.

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #10 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:41 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:33 pm (#2898 of 2977) [Edited Dec 22, 2010 6 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #10, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "The Wacky Story About Lupin, Umbridge, and Dancing"

This story was written from March 6, 2006 to March 13, 2006. Nine writers contributed to the story, which is 700 words long. Two of the nine writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Mar 14, 2006 3:05 am: Well... the story is FANTASTIC up until Remus is dancing in the countryside (8th paragraph). Overall, it's REALLY weird, but I enjoyed it.

- Tazzygirl, Mar 14, 2006 4:57 am: ummmmm... Right... I am speechless... and ummmmmm... yeah. Actually, it was a very interesting story, and I am glad Lupin likes to dance...

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #11

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Mar 20, 2006 7:58 pm (#1734 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Extreme Dueling: Hogwarts Edition"

Ginny looked at Harry with the utmost horror – the thought of sneaking out to Diagon Alley when he should be getting ready for defeating Malfoy in a wizard duel, which was very important to Harry! But Harry’s mind was thinking that it was a piece of Zonko’s merchandise he needed to play a joke on Malfoy so that everyone thought that Ginny was Malfoy’s girlfriend. “Be careful! You don’t need to end up with a broken wand just because you made a mistake in choosing the right add-a-spell spell to your wand.”

“Oh!” said Harry gratefully. “I wonder what spell shall I get then?” asked Harry.

“Well you need to think of all the possible ways that Malfoy will try to beat you at this duel,” advised Ginny. “I know of several ways that you could trick Malfoy into showing you what he is planning to do in order to cheat and win the duel!” exclaimed Ginny.

“Harry?” said Oliver Wood, who had walked into the room. “What are you and Ginny planning on doing in this duel?” he asked.

Harry glanced at Ginny, who nodded and said, “We were quickly discussing ways to make sure Malfoy doesn’t cheat.”

“Aha! I have an idea!” said Oliver. “How about dueling at the Quidditch field, on brooms?” suggested Oliver.

Harry and Ginny looked at each other. “Perfect! Malfoy won’t know what to throw at me, should I be on my Firebolt.” Harry grinned. He walked over and picked his Firebolt up admiring its sleek, shiny handle.

Just then Hedwig arrived with a letter in her beak. Harry opened it. It said, I am ready. Tell me where to meet you. Draco. Harry grabbed a quill and wrote on the note five words. Quidditch pitch. Brooms. Now. Harry. He gave it back to Hedwig.

Oliver, Ginny and Harry all walked down to the Quidditch pitch ready to duel with Malfoy. He felt very confident that Malfoy would have trouble handling his broom and throwing nasty hexes at the same time. Holding Ginny’s hand, they went towards the pitch, Harry feeling supremely confident. “Over here you moron!” yelled Malfoy from afar. He was with Crabbe, but there wasn’t Goyle; what had happened to him? Where did he go? Harry found it was much easier without the threat of Goyle hovering over his shoulder.

“Ready?” he asked.

“Hang on, aren’t you going to ask where the mediwizard is?” sneered Malfoy, straddling his broom.

“We’ll see who needs the doctor soon enough!” Harry shot straight up into the air and started to perform the Wronski Feint. He’d done it perfectly, and Malfoy squealed as Harry’s foot brushed within inches of his nose.

“Harry!” cried Ginny. “Watch out!” Harry turned in time to see Malfoy’s wand pointed directly at his broom.

“You wouldn’t last two minutes, told you!” Harry looped the loop and pulled his own wand out. “Expelliarmus!” cried Harry. Malfoy was just quick enough to block, though it didn’t stop him from almost falling from his broom. He righted himself and tried to cast another lame spell. Harry deflected and whizzed around to the goalpost.

“Crucio!”

Harry looked around wildly. “Who said that?”

“I did,” uttered Bellatrix Lestrange from the ground, her wand pointed at Harry.

“Stupefy!” roared Oliver, who hit, most regrettably, Harry as well as Bellatrix.

“Oliver!! You hit them both!” screeched Ginny as she ran over to help Harry get back on his feet. “At least you stopped Bella from Crucioing Harry.” She leaned down to help Harry find his glasses which had been knocked off his face by the Crucio. Malfoy, though, was laughing gleefully. He swooped down towards Harry, but was knocked off his broom by a mysterious person who was coming down the path from Hogwarts.

As Bellatrix had been knocked off her broom, she looked quickly around, trying to see who that mysterious person was. Harry squinted his eyes, as he was trying to make out the person.

Ginny exclaimed, “Well, I know I should know that person, but he seemed somehow nice and intelligent—”

But Oliver said, “Wait up. That’s not Dumbledore… that’s Snape!!”

“You ruined everything!” yelled Snape to a retreating Bellatrix. “Potter, how about you and me take her to the headmaster? I’ve been hoping we would catch her soon. She has had a bad case of delusions of grandeur, and needs to stay in an asylum,” he scowled.

“No!” said Harry. “We need to tie her and giver he to the centaurs! Like Umbridge!”

“Severus, please,” drawled Malfoy, landing. “Can Potty be fed to the —”

“Excuse me. Take that, you insolent git.” And he proceeded to help in tying Bellatrix while Transfiguring Malfoy into a ferret. He thought that was good work for one day.

Five minutes later, Dumbledore smiled and said, “Well done Potter! Miss Bellatrix was giving the Hufflepuffs a hard time for eating their recently bought porridge from The Three Broomsticks. I think you still chose well and you have done the right thing. I now declare this duel to be over.” Everybody sighed with considerable relief.

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #11 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:47 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Mar 20, 2006 8:01 pm (#1735 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 11

• CatherineHermiona 28
• Snuffles 14
• Good Evans 19
• dizzy lizzy 40
• Finn BV 17
• Tazzygirl 48
• Hermionefan(#1) 2
• Mrs Brisbee 1

Total Submissions: 169
Total Words: 845
Last Submission Date: #1730, Mar 19, 11:31 pm. (Tazzygirl)
Total Time to Create Story: 5 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes.

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #11 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:49 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:34 pm (#2899 of 2977) [Edited Dec 22, 2010 6 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #11, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "Extreme Dueling: Hogwarts Edition"

This story was written from March 14, 2006 to March 19, 2006. Eight writers contributed to the story, which is 845 words long. Six of the eight writers posted feedback, and one non-participant did, too.

- Finn BV, Mar 20, 2006 8:07 pm: This is a fairly good one. Not our best, I would say, but nonetheless it was enjoyable! It needed a bit more action.

- Snuffles, Mar 20, 2006 9:16 pm: Lol, it was quite funny, I didn't remember some of it!

- dizzy lizzy, Mar 20, 2006 9:47 pm: BTW we had fun contributing to this story!

- Tazzygirl, Mar 21, 2006 4:11 am: That was a pretty good story, and Finn, the ending is perfect! Thanks for changing it!

- CatherineHermiona, Mar 21, 2006 5:43 am: Last story was good.

- Good Evans, Mar 21, 2006 1:51 pm: I liked the last story, just getting in to this "lark" now...

- Little Ginny, Mar 21, 2006 3:43 pm: … but now I'm back to what looks like another really interesting story after the Duel story.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #12

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:53 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Apr 8, 2006 3:37 am (#1938 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Secret Secret Weapon"

Bellatrix was getting worried. She was about to meet with Lord Voldemort, and he had said to bring the secret weapon with her. Trouble was, she would have to travel through the Vanishing Cabinet to Hogwarts, and the problem was she was afraid of Cabinets. She once got stuck in a cabinet full of nasty doxies, and it took weeks to recover herself.

But now, she had to do it, no more excuses. She knew that at eight that night she would have to appear in front of the Death Eaters and the Dark Lord. She Disapparated to Hogsmeade where Narcissa was waiting for her. “Any news?” asked Bellatrix.

“Well, Lucius is still in Azkaban, but Draco’s making mischief still with that Potter boy. I hear through Severus he’s dueling tonight. I hope he doesn’t try anything rash. He could really hurt himself, or worse, even! That Potter boy isn’t gentle when it comes to dishing out hexes.”

Bella turned and said, “Let me handle Draco. I need you to go to Hogwarts with me and notify Snape. He’ll be having lunch about now.”

“How do you mean to make him hand it over?” asked Narcissa.

“You can handle that, he likes you better.” Bellatrix immediately turned around and started to Hogwarts. “Better if we keep this quiet, we do not want The Dark Lord to become angry with us for swapping jobs.”

They arrived at the gates of Hogwarts. “Here comes that Squib Filch,” Narcissa gasped.

“Obliviate!” Bella cried.

“Good evening, madames. I hope you have a pleasant tour of this wonderful school. Do give me a call if you have any question.”

Bella laughed while Narcissa looked cautiously around, making sure there were no students or professors heading in their direction. “Now let’s find Draco,” Narcissa whispered.

As they walked the grounds, they saw someone on Quidditch pitch. Hurrying forward, they saw someone was already quietly approaching from the opposite side. They split up, and Bella went running towards the pitch, holding her wand high. “Crucio!” she yelled.

Narcissa went in the great oak doors; meanwhile, Snape was walking down to the pitch. He spied Narcissa walking quickly up to him, and said, “Bella tried to go to the castle, but I told her about Draco’s duel —”

“What?! You told her? But I did too! And she said she doesn’t intend for Draco to lose.” Narcissa glanced nervously back at the pitch. “Well, she’s Crucio’d Potter, by the sound of falling from the broom,” she thought, and her mind turned to the secret weapon. “Severus, whereabouts will you be?”

Snape thought for a moment and answered, “Down at the pitch. I’ll gather up Draco and meet you there. Find Bella and tell her I am taking her to the asylum. Tell her we’ll be meeting together up by the Vanishing Cabinet, to present the secret task to Lord Voldemort. We’ll have the secret weapon – the object is inside the Vanishing Cabinet, just next to the moldy fur coat of Filch’s.”

Snape went to the pitch, intent on sorting out the ruckus, while Narcissa went up to the seventh floor where she tried to sneak into the Room of Requirement. Draco had informed her of what was necessary to enter it. Once inside, she marveled at all the clutter accumulated over the years. How would she make sure that the weapon was the correct one? There were five items that looked like they belonged to the Dark Arts. Smiling, she reached into the cabinet and pulled out something that looked like a severed hand. It was now, much more than the newer hand next to it, covered in soot. She put the blackened hand on the top of some closet that stood open. This was what Bellatrix must need.

Narcissa decided she should hasten to rejoin Severus and Bella before she was discovered by a student. She took the object and, covering it with her robes, ran out of the building. She quickly ducked behind a tree when she saw some Hufflepuffs walks by. When she passed by, she quietly muttered, “That was close!” and then continued to leave the campus.

When Narcissa reached the gates, she looked for Bellatrix, but saw Rosmerta instead. “Imperio!” she exclaimed. “Madam Rosmerta, would you take this for me?”

“What is it?” Rosmerta looked curious and took it.

“It really is important that you hide this from anybody except myself, Bellatrix Lestrange, and Severus Snape.”

“I’ll keep it behind my bar next to my extra brooms,” said Rosmerta. She gave a glazed smile and, taking the object, walked back and suddenly disappeared. Narcissa looked around and didn’t see anyone; frowning, she started towards the gates of the school.

“You!” Narcissa froze. “What are you doing here?” she demanded as she spurned the hideous face barely visible in the shadows.

Rodolphus Lestrange stepped forward menacingly and said, “The Dark Lord is growing impatient. Where is the secret weapon, or have you misplaced it?”

He looked at her, and she said, “It is safe. I was on my way to the pitch, if you must know!” With that, Narcissa turned on her heel. She was worried what Voldemort would think if the weapon were delivered late. Her worries ended, though, when she saw Severus returning from the Quidditch pitch wearing a look of triumph. Narcissa saw the weapon, which Madam Rosmerta had concealed. She moved towards the hiding spot, while Snape urged Harry to return to the Order Headquarters to alert Dumbledore.

As soon as Harry had Disapparated, Snape turned towards the pitch and returned to retrieve Bella. “Hurry, Severus! The Dark Lord awaits us. We must be at the meeting place and time is running out!”

Note: This story is intended to be another viewpoint of Story 11 of this thread.

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #12 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:55 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Apr 8, 2006 3:42 am (#1939 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 12

• Tazzygirl 57
• CatherineHermiona 26
• Mrs Brisbee 13
• Good Evans 21
• Finn BV 46
• Little Ginny 2
• Snuffles 21
• haymoni 3
• dizzy lizzy 1

Total Submissions: 190
Total Words: 950
Last Submission Date: #1934, April 6, 12:57 pm. (Good Evans)
Total Time to Create Story: 16 days, 16 hours, 46 minutes.

Note that due to a strange change in the WX clock on this server, the time is temporarily seven hours ahead of what it should read. Therefore this post is really being posted on April 7, 2006 at 8:42 pm. All times in the above statistics reflect the correct time PST or PDT (because of Daylight Savings Time which occurred in the middle of the story), not Forum time as written.

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #12 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:56 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:34 pm (#2900 of 2977) [Edited Dec 22, 2010 6 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #12, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "The Secret Secret Weapon"

This story was written from March 20, 2006 to April 6, 2006. Nine writers contributed to the story, which is 950 words long. Four of the nine writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Apr 8, 2006 3:47 am: Ehhhhhh, this story is pretty good. It's got some inconsistencies among both itself and its preceding story. Overall, I liked it, but I think we've done better.

- dizzy lizzy, Apr 8, 2006 5:06 am: I can't believe I only made one post . I had a hard time following this story may that's why.

- Tazzygirl, Apr 8, 2006 5:08 am: This story was a little confusing... I agree with what you said, Finn. There were a couple inconsistancies...

- Little Ginny, Apr 9, 2006 6:58 pm: I didn't post much for the last story, because I had completely lost track of what was happening...

- Finn BV, Apr 9, 2006 7:10 pm: LOL, Little Ginny, I think many of us felt that way too…

- Tazzygirl, Apr 9, 2006 9:44 pm: I was confused by the last story, and was making a very great attempt to set it straight, but maybe in my attempts it just got even more confusing and strange...

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Archive of Five Words Stories

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down