HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive of Five Words Stories

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #9 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:35 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:33 pm (#2897 of 2977) [Edited Dec 22, 2010 5 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #9, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "Neville's Mission"

This story was written from February 25, 2006 to March 4, 2006. Ten writers contributed to the story, which is 1,075 words long. Three of the ten writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Mar 4, 2006 11:55 pm: Hehe. That was a good story. My favorite so far! Though we never did find the things stolen from Hogwarts...

- Tazzygirl, Mar 5, 2006 1:35 am: I like this story! Although, I had no idea Lucious Malfoy was there...

- Mrs Brisbee, Mar 6, 2006 8:04 pm: I liked the part in the last story where Neville kicks Harry out. That was pretty funny.

* Five Words – Volume 1 Index * 

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #10

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:37 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Mar 14, 2006 2:58 am (#1552 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Wacky Story About Lupin, Umbridge, and Dancing"

Remus stood looking at the bright sliver of the moon. In a few hours he would be going back to the iron cage he had made to keep people safe during his transformation. At least it was now made comfortable and Tonks brought him food and a bone to chew. But looking on the bright side of things, Remus realized that Tonks was willing to accept his lycanthropy. So there was a chance of marriage one day soon.

But… his ruminations were interrupted by an owl who abruptly landed on his shoulder. The letter it carried bore the Hogwarts seal and traces of hair grease! “Severus,” the third time this month. “It is really unbelievable how many questions he can ask. Well, we most certainly can’t have another late-night conference, I’m too busy tonight,” thought Lupin, “what with my transformation and dance lessons at the weekend resort in Little Whinging. Perhaps it is time to send Severus an invite to Danceoholics Anonymous; his behavior is qualifying.”

At that moment, Umbridge appeared by his side. She looked rather gruesome in her mermaid costume, complete with pink polka-dotted bows. “Well, well, well. Look who is here… did you forget that werewolves are, by Ministerial Decree 7512, banned from breathing near Ministry officials.” Her hands reached for her pink pen which she had clipped to her mermaid tail. “I shall count to ten and you will stop breathing. If you do not, I am forced to pierce your lungs with this fork. One, two, three —”

“I’ve told you before, Ministry workers make fine dancers, and Severus wants to dance. But under current circumstances, I’d rather keep breathing so that I can tell you how we are going to make you look ridiculous in front of a large audience that…”

“Enough, Mr. Werewolf!” cried Umbridge, and she showed the fork. “If you don’t tend to the said Educational Degree I will use my utmost power upon you.” Remus laughed and reached into his pockets

“Sorry, sausage fingers, I have no time to lose, I’ll transform soon and eat you up, unless you eat this anti-werewolf pill.”

Bang! There was a loud uproar, causing Umbridge to trip and land on a cactus. “Ow! Now I’m really angry.” She turned but Remus had vanished from sight. “Oh, blast!” She Apparated without a sound to the Department of Mysteries, where she had an urgent meeting with Gilderoy Lockhart.

Remus, meanwhile, was traveling along the countryside, dancing a wolftrot. He was whistling a lively tune and wished that Tonks was there with him. But Remus was about to be “given” to DEs to fool poor Tonks – the plan was to make her believe he had been captured. Alas, Tonks had to make sure he was nowhere to be found before she would believe, what with her strong faith.

Meanwhile, Snape was seething over the Levicorpus that left him upside-down in front of Umbridge, who shrieked madly with delight at the sight of the Kneazles who had appeared out of nowhere on the orders of Mafalda Hopkirk. She yelled, “I love Kneazles! I want to make them my pets,” but when they saw her rings, ran away as fast as possible. Snape fell to his great relief but then he turned on Remus and said, “You moron, you left poor Tonks alone and worried.”

Remus replied, “You think it was easy?” He stormed off into the Shrieking Shack and tried to compose himself.

At that moment Tonks entered the Shack. She walked slowly towards Remus and said, “Why, Remus? Why are you wearing pink spotted pajamas?” Remus blushed.

“I hoped you would notice that. You bought the matching slippers. Anyway, should I tell you why I am here?”

He got a bit confused when she started to laugh and say, “Why on Earth are you laughing when there is still a whole bunch of things you need to do before you go to the dance contest?” Remus put his hands over his eyes and rubbed hard. His fingers started to lengthen and his face got hairier.

“Remus, have you taken your potion tonight?”

“Of course, I didn’t! Now run before things get a lot hairier!”

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #10 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:39 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Mar 14, 2006 3:01 am (#1553 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 10

• Snuffles 40
• Tazzygirl 7
• dizzy lizzy 17
• Little Ginny 19
• CatherineHermiona 24
• Mrs Brisbee 6
• Finn BV 21
• Hermionefan(#1) 1
• Good Evans 5

Total Submissions: 140
Total Words: 700
Last Submission Date: #1548, Mar 13, 4:23 pm. (dizzy lizzy)
Total Time to Create Story: 7 days, 15 hours, 50 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #10 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:41 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:33 pm (#2898 of 2977) [Edited Dec 22, 2010 6 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #10, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "The Wacky Story About Lupin, Umbridge, and Dancing"

This story was written from March 6, 2006 to March 13, 2006. Nine writers contributed to the story, which is 700 words long. Two of the nine writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Mar 14, 2006 3:05 am: Well... the story is FANTASTIC up until Remus is dancing in the countryside (8th paragraph). Overall, it's REALLY weird, but I enjoyed it.

- Tazzygirl, Mar 14, 2006 4:57 am: ummmmm... Right... I am speechless... and ummmmmm... yeah. Actually, it was a very interesting story, and I am glad Lupin likes to dance...

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #11

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Mar 20, 2006 7:58 pm (#1734 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Extreme Dueling: Hogwarts Edition"

Ginny looked at Harry with the utmost horror – the thought of sneaking out to Diagon Alley when he should be getting ready for defeating Malfoy in a wizard duel, which was very important to Harry! But Harry’s mind was thinking that it was a piece of Zonko’s merchandise he needed to play a joke on Malfoy so that everyone thought that Ginny was Malfoy’s girlfriend. “Be careful! You don’t need to end up with a broken wand just because you made a mistake in choosing the right add-a-spell spell to your wand.”

“Oh!” said Harry gratefully. “I wonder what spell shall I get then?” asked Harry.

“Well you need to think of all the possible ways that Malfoy will try to beat you at this duel,” advised Ginny. “I know of several ways that you could trick Malfoy into showing you what he is planning to do in order to cheat and win the duel!” exclaimed Ginny.

“Harry?” said Oliver Wood, who had walked into the room. “What are you and Ginny planning on doing in this duel?” he asked.

Harry glanced at Ginny, who nodded and said, “We were quickly discussing ways to make sure Malfoy doesn’t cheat.”

“Aha! I have an idea!” said Oliver. “How about dueling at the Quidditch field, on brooms?” suggested Oliver.

Harry and Ginny looked at each other. “Perfect! Malfoy won’t know what to throw at me, should I be on my Firebolt.” Harry grinned. He walked over and picked his Firebolt up admiring its sleek, shiny handle.

Just then Hedwig arrived with a letter in her beak. Harry opened it. It said, I am ready. Tell me where to meet you. Draco. Harry grabbed a quill and wrote on the note five words. Quidditch pitch. Brooms. Now. Harry. He gave it back to Hedwig.

Oliver, Ginny and Harry all walked down to the Quidditch pitch ready to duel with Malfoy. He felt very confident that Malfoy would have trouble handling his broom and throwing nasty hexes at the same time. Holding Ginny’s hand, they went towards the pitch, Harry feeling supremely confident. “Over here you moron!” yelled Malfoy from afar. He was with Crabbe, but there wasn’t Goyle; what had happened to him? Where did he go? Harry found it was much easier without the threat of Goyle hovering over his shoulder.

“Ready?” he asked.

“Hang on, aren’t you going to ask where the mediwizard is?” sneered Malfoy, straddling his broom.

“We’ll see who needs the doctor soon enough!” Harry shot straight up into the air and started to perform the Wronski Feint. He’d done it perfectly, and Malfoy squealed as Harry’s foot brushed within inches of his nose.

“Harry!” cried Ginny. “Watch out!” Harry turned in time to see Malfoy’s wand pointed directly at his broom.

“You wouldn’t last two minutes, told you!” Harry looped the loop and pulled his own wand out. “Expelliarmus!” cried Harry. Malfoy was just quick enough to block, though it didn’t stop him from almost falling from his broom. He righted himself and tried to cast another lame spell. Harry deflected and whizzed around to the goalpost.

“Crucio!”

Harry looked around wildly. “Who said that?”

“I did,” uttered Bellatrix Lestrange from the ground, her wand pointed at Harry.

“Stupefy!” roared Oliver, who hit, most regrettably, Harry as well as Bellatrix.

“Oliver!! You hit them both!” screeched Ginny as she ran over to help Harry get back on his feet. “At least you stopped Bella from Crucioing Harry.” She leaned down to help Harry find his glasses which had been knocked off his face by the Crucio. Malfoy, though, was laughing gleefully. He swooped down towards Harry, but was knocked off his broom by a mysterious person who was coming down the path from Hogwarts.

As Bellatrix had been knocked off her broom, she looked quickly around, trying to see who that mysterious person was. Harry squinted his eyes, as he was trying to make out the person.

Ginny exclaimed, “Well, I know I should know that person, but he seemed somehow nice and intelligent—”

But Oliver said, “Wait up. That’s not Dumbledore… that’s Snape!!”

“You ruined everything!” yelled Snape to a retreating Bellatrix. “Potter, how about you and me take her to the headmaster? I’ve been hoping we would catch her soon. She has had a bad case of delusions of grandeur, and needs to stay in an asylum,” he scowled.

“No!” said Harry. “We need to tie her and giver he to the centaurs! Like Umbridge!”

“Severus, please,” drawled Malfoy, landing. “Can Potty be fed to the —”

“Excuse me. Take that, you insolent git.” And he proceeded to help in tying Bellatrix while Transfiguring Malfoy into a ferret. He thought that was good work for one day.

Five minutes later, Dumbledore smiled and said, “Well done Potter! Miss Bellatrix was giving the Hufflepuffs a hard time for eating their recently bought porridge from The Three Broomsticks. I think you still chose well and you have done the right thing. I now declare this duel to be over.” Everybody sighed with considerable relief.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #11 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:47 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Mar 20, 2006 8:01 pm (#1735 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 11

• CatherineHermiona 28
• Snuffles 14
• Good Evans 19
• dizzy lizzy 40
• Finn BV 17
• Tazzygirl 48
• Hermionefan(#1) 2
• Mrs Brisbee 1

Total Submissions: 169
Total Words: 845
Last Submission Date: #1730, Mar 19, 11:31 pm. (Tazzygirl)
Total Time to Create Story: 5 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #11 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:49 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:34 pm (#2899 of 2977) [Edited Dec 22, 2010 6 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #11, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "Extreme Dueling: Hogwarts Edition"

This story was written from March 14, 2006 to March 19, 2006. Eight writers contributed to the story, which is 845 words long. Six of the eight writers posted feedback, and one non-participant did, too.

- Finn BV, Mar 20, 2006 8:07 pm: This is a fairly good one. Not our best, I would say, but nonetheless it was enjoyable! It needed a bit more action.

- Snuffles, Mar 20, 2006 9:16 pm: Lol, it was quite funny, I didn't remember some of it!

- dizzy lizzy, Mar 20, 2006 9:47 pm: BTW we had fun contributing to this story!

- Tazzygirl, Mar 21, 2006 4:11 am: That was a pretty good story, and Finn, the ending is perfect! Thanks for changing it!

- CatherineHermiona, Mar 21, 2006 5:43 am: Last story was good.

- Good Evans, Mar 21, 2006 1:51 pm: I liked the last story, just getting in to this "lark" now...

- Little Ginny, Mar 21, 2006 3:43 pm: … but now I'm back to what looks like another really interesting story after the Duel story.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #12

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:53 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Apr 8, 2006 3:37 am (#1938 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Secret Secret Weapon"

Bellatrix was getting worried. She was about to meet with Lord Voldemort, and he had said to bring the secret weapon with her. Trouble was, she would have to travel through the Vanishing Cabinet to Hogwarts, and the problem was she was afraid of Cabinets. She once got stuck in a cabinet full of nasty doxies, and it took weeks to recover herself.

But now, she had to do it, no more excuses. She knew that at eight that night she would have to appear in front of the Death Eaters and the Dark Lord. She Disapparated to Hogsmeade where Narcissa was waiting for her. “Any news?” asked Bellatrix.

“Well, Lucius is still in Azkaban, but Draco’s making mischief still with that Potter boy. I hear through Severus he’s dueling tonight. I hope he doesn’t try anything rash. He could really hurt himself, or worse, even! That Potter boy isn’t gentle when it comes to dishing out hexes.”

Bella turned and said, “Let me handle Draco. I need you to go to Hogwarts with me and notify Snape. He’ll be having lunch about now.”

“How do you mean to make him hand it over?” asked Narcissa.

“You can handle that, he likes you better.” Bellatrix immediately turned around and started to Hogwarts. “Better if we keep this quiet, we do not want The Dark Lord to become angry with us for swapping jobs.”

They arrived at the gates of Hogwarts. “Here comes that Squib Filch,” Narcissa gasped.

“Obliviate!” Bella cried.

“Good evening, madames. I hope you have a pleasant tour of this wonderful school. Do give me a call if you have any question.”

Bella laughed while Narcissa looked cautiously around, making sure there were no students or professors heading in their direction. “Now let’s find Draco,” Narcissa whispered.

As they walked the grounds, they saw someone on Quidditch pitch. Hurrying forward, they saw someone was already quietly approaching from the opposite side. They split up, and Bella went running towards the pitch, holding her wand high. “Crucio!” she yelled.

Narcissa went in the great oak doors; meanwhile, Snape was walking down to the pitch. He spied Narcissa walking quickly up to him, and said, “Bella tried to go to the castle, but I told her about Draco’s duel —”

“What?! You told her? But I did too! And she said she doesn’t intend for Draco to lose.” Narcissa glanced nervously back at the pitch. “Well, she’s Crucio’d Potter, by the sound of falling from the broom,” she thought, and her mind turned to the secret weapon. “Severus, whereabouts will you be?”

Snape thought for a moment and answered, “Down at the pitch. I’ll gather up Draco and meet you there. Find Bella and tell her I am taking her to the asylum. Tell her we’ll be meeting together up by the Vanishing Cabinet, to present the secret task to Lord Voldemort. We’ll have the secret weapon – the object is inside the Vanishing Cabinet, just next to the moldy fur coat of Filch’s.”

Snape went to the pitch, intent on sorting out the ruckus, while Narcissa went up to the seventh floor where she tried to sneak into the Room of Requirement. Draco had informed her of what was necessary to enter it. Once inside, she marveled at all the clutter accumulated over the years. How would she make sure that the weapon was the correct one? There were five items that looked like they belonged to the Dark Arts. Smiling, she reached into the cabinet and pulled out something that looked like a severed hand. It was now, much more than the newer hand next to it, covered in soot. She put the blackened hand on the top of some closet that stood open. This was what Bellatrix must need.

Narcissa decided she should hasten to rejoin Severus and Bella before she was discovered by a student. She took the object and, covering it with her robes, ran out of the building. She quickly ducked behind a tree when she saw some Hufflepuffs walks by. When she passed by, she quietly muttered, “That was close!” and then continued to leave the campus.

When Narcissa reached the gates, she looked for Bellatrix, but saw Rosmerta instead. “Imperio!” she exclaimed. “Madam Rosmerta, would you take this for me?”

“What is it?” Rosmerta looked curious and took it.

“It really is important that you hide this from anybody except myself, Bellatrix Lestrange, and Severus Snape.”

“I’ll keep it behind my bar next to my extra brooms,” said Rosmerta. She gave a glazed smile and, taking the object, walked back and suddenly disappeared. Narcissa looked around and didn’t see anyone; frowning, she started towards the gates of the school.

“You!” Narcissa froze. “What are you doing here?” she demanded as she spurned the hideous face barely visible in the shadows.

Rodolphus Lestrange stepped forward menacingly and said, “The Dark Lord is growing impatient. Where is the secret weapon, or have you misplaced it?”

He looked at her, and she said, “It is safe. I was on my way to the pitch, if you must know!” With that, Narcissa turned on her heel. She was worried what Voldemort would think if the weapon were delivered late. Her worries ended, though, when she saw Severus returning from the Quidditch pitch wearing a look of triumph. Narcissa saw the weapon, which Madam Rosmerta had concealed. She moved towards the hiding spot, while Snape urged Harry to return to the Order Headquarters to alert Dumbledore.

As soon as Harry had Disapparated, Snape turned towards the pitch and returned to retrieve Bella. “Hurry, Severus! The Dark Lord awaits us. We must be at the meeting place and time is running out!”

Note: This story is intended to be another viewpoint of Story 11 of this thread.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #12 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:55 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Apr 8, 2006 3:42 am (#1939 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 12

• Tazzygirl 57
• CatherineHermiona 26
• Mrs Brisbee 13
• Good Evans 21
• Finn BV 46
• Little Ginny 2
• Snuffles 21
• haymoni 3
• dizzy lizzy 1

Total Submissions: 190
Total Words: 950
Last Submission Date: #1934, April 6, 12:57 pm. (Good Evans)
Total Time to Create Story: 16 days, 16 hours, 46 minutes.

Note that due to a strange change in the WX clock on this server, the time is temporarily seven hours ahead of what it should read. Therefore this post is really being posted on April 7, 2006 at 8:42 pm. All times in the above statistics reflect the correct time PST or PDT (because of Daylight Savings Time which occurred in the middle of the story), not Forum time as written.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #12 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:56 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:34 pm (#2900 of 2977) [Edited Dec 22, 2010 6 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #12, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "The Secret Secret Weapon"

This story was written from March 20, 2006 to April 6, 2006. Nine writers contributed to the story, which is 950 words long. Four of the nine writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Apr 8, 2006 3:47 am: Ehhhhhh, this story is pretty good. It's got some inconsistencies among both itself and its preceding story. Overall, I liked it, but I think we've done better.

- dizzy lizzy, Apr 8, 2006 5:06 am: I can't believe I only made one post . I had a hard time following this story may that's why.

- Tazzygirl, Apr 8, 2006 5:08 am: This story was a little confusing... I agree with what you said, Finn. There were a couple inconsistancies...

- Little Ginny, Apr 9, 2006 6:58 pm: I didn't post much for the last story, because I had completely lost track of what was happening...

- Finn BV, Apr 9, 2006 7:10 pm: LOL, Little Ginny, I think many of us felt that way too…

- Tazzygirl, Apr 9, 2006 9:44 pm: I was confused by the last story, and was making a very great attempt to set it straight, but maybe in my attempts it just got even more confusing and strange...

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #13

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:58 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Apr 23, 2006 3:43 pm (#2588 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Five Words: "Just Another Week at the Ministry"

It had been a long week and all the people inside the Ministry were exhausted. It had started on Monday with an unexplainable overflow of magical energy that fried all the lifts, so that Apparating was the only way to get out of the building. As a result, random wizards were Apparating up and landing on top of each other.

St. Mungo’s was starting to overcrowd due to the misuse of Apparating requirements, and a few nasty splinchings. Mundungus Fletcher was caught bewitching several rolls of bandage to attack patients and Muggles outside St. Mungo’s. The Obliviators worked overtime.

The magical police squad was upsetting Rufus Scrimgeour, because they kept interrupting his very busy schedule with minor reports about flying fish. Don’t they know that there are more important things than flying fish? Rufus turned back to the report by Kingsley Shacklebolt.

“At Eeylops’ Owl Emporium, five hundred owls had managed to escape and fly to Little Hangleton. Hundreds of Muggles have been wondering about this rare incident.” Scrimgeour tapped his fingers on his desk rather irritatingly. Pulling out a piece of never-ending parchment, Scrimgeour, started scribbling out instructions:

1. Notify Obliviator squad.
2. Owl Mum her dinner invitation.
3. Send out the Magical Beasts Division.
4. Contact Aurors Tonks and Shacklebolt; see what news they…

At that moment Tonks and Shacklebolt appearead at his door. “Evening, Scrimgeour,” muttered Tonks. Scrimgeour looked up from his paper. “Ah! Just who I needed to see. I wanted to ask if either of you had any news on He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. It’s more important than the inconvenience of the five hundred escaped owls and a broken lift or two. So, any news?” he asked.

Tonks and Shacklebolt glanced at each other. Shacklebolt looked flabbergasted and Tonks changed hair color from shocking pink to bright blue as they shuffled their feet. Shacklebolt cleared his throat and said, “Sir?” He looked straight at Scrimgeour, but he wasn’t listening anymore. His gaze was drawn to the view out of his office window. There were about five hundred owls hovering outside, waiting. Tonks quickly walked to the window and banished the owls back to Eeylops’ with a swish of her wand!

“Thanks Tonks. One thing fixed,” said Shacklebolt with relief. Scrimgeour crossed off number three on his list. His mind wandered back to Lord Voldemort. “Shacklebolt, listen closely, this is important. I must remind you that you must owl my mum; my mail may be intercepted.”

On Tuesday, things became worse. Madame Rosmerta had reported that several bottles of Ogden’s Firewhiskey had caused three warlocks to hex each other, ending up with severely deformed limbs. Muggles who saw them thought they had been subjected to a bombing, and Muggle policemen were called and had to have the Muggle Prime Minister make an excuse about the deformed limbs.

Then on Wednesday there was an incident involving a rampaging Hippogriff, completely drunk on elf-made wine. It ran into Harrods, completely destroying all their pink hoodies! “We must not destroy all of Miss Granger’s garments; they are essential for her next film,” said the announcer over the radio. “And now to an update on the broken lifts at the Ministry. It is currently believed that Cornish Pixies were released as a joke by two wizards who believed Monday was April Fool’s day! They are now facing an inquiry at the Ministry as a result. And now a quick word from Minister Scrimgeour!” gasped the announcer…

On Thursday, there were unconfirmed sightings of a Hungarian Horntail flying over Bristol. As Muggles and wizards alike panicked uncontrollably, the Magical Creatures Division and the Obliviator Squad responded to the frantic calls of children terrified of being caught by the massive brutes.

After things had settled down, Arthur Weasley was up around the Leaky Cauldron, when a flying motorbike crashed into the wall leading into Diagon Alley. There, sitting on the motorbike was the ghost of Sirius Black. Because it was Sirius’ ghost, Arthur was desperate to get him out of sight. The only problem was Sirius was in no mood to cooperate as he wanted to see if Harry was in Diagon Alley getting his school supplies. “Sirius! Please! You have to come with me immediately! Harry will be arriving shortly, and we would prefer you two did not see each other,” begged Arthur.

“Why can’t I see him? He’ll want to talk to me and receive the birthday present I got for him,” roared Sirius.

“Well, too late now, I see Harry has just arrived,” said Arthur, wiping the sweat off his brow.

Harry meanwhile just came out of the fireplace and looked shocked at the motorbike, a ghost, and Arthur looking at him with a worried look.

Before Harry could say a word, Arthur got hold of the motorbike and started the engine. “We’ve got to get out of here, Harry, before the other ghosts come.” Harry looked at his godfather and smiled apologetically, before following Mr. Weasley.

“Are you sure they’re coming, Mr. Weasley?” Harry was staring at the sky. Suddenly, he noticed a great swirling of colors from above. “Professor Moody?” he shouted. “Are you here?” A crash sounded in the yard.

“ ’s alright Harry, it’s only me.” Hagrid dismounted from a vast broomstick decorated in bright colors. “Me job here is to tell Sirius that Professor Dumbledore wishes him to go and see him at once.”

Harry looked at Sirius once more, not with resentment that he had lost the chance to tell him all the things he had wanted to say before Sirius had died. With a shake of his head and a wave, Sirius turned his pearly ghost form away from Harry and Mr. Weasley, then vanished into thin air. Harry slid on to the motorbike and held on tight to the handle bars.

“I guess I shouldn’t really be that annoyed that I didn’t get to talk to Sirius; I feel that he knows what I would say to him.” So ended Thursday.

But at midnight, there was a loud bang. Harry looked behind to see what it was – a Muggle brandishing an odd sort of stick: a gun! He had a very strange look about him; both of his eyes were clouded over, as though under the Imperius Curse.

“Quick, Harry,” Mr. Weasley shouted. “We must get to the Ministry!” Harry concentrated on his destination and before he knew it the golden gates of the Atrium appeared before them. They quickly rushed towards the lifts so they could get up to the Auror offices. In the previous hours the lift was repaired, but there were still people being treated by Healers.

“Sorry!” Harry yelled, stepping over the people as best he could. Finally, he and Mr. Weasley reached the lift, they pushed the button that led them to the Aurors.

“What did you press? That’s not the correct level,” Mr. Weasley said. Suddenly the lift sped faster and faster until it stopped, broken again.

“Oh, no!” Harry exclaimed. “Can we Apparate from here?”

“Well, we will when the anti-Apparation spell has been lifted from the building, which will be in a short while, since the Aurors took extra precautions.” Mr. Weasley looked around nervously, as though expecting a number of different random unexplainable events to happen. Suddenly, the lift lurched and there was an enormous bang! They began spinning out of control, the lift plummeting down towards the ground floor. Harry desperately tried to think of a spell to stop them hitting the ground at such a great speed. Mr. Weasley gripped hold of Harry as they plummeted, and performed a dance routine, just as they were about to hit the basement. Mr. Weasley pirouetted across the lift; as they slammed into the ground they felt an unexpected impact into…

… cushions!

After taking a moment to get their breath, Harry and Mr. Weasley nervously glanced out of the broken doors and saw Rita Skeeter standing a short distance away, smiling coldly.

“Oh, Harry! There you are! I was wondering if you could have a quick chat about the incidents earlier this week?” She whipped out her Quick Quotes Quill and some parchment and learned in closely.

Harry snubbed her: “It’s midnight. I have no idea what’s happening, but what are you doing? Are you not supposed to be at home? Some days are better than others.” Harry and Arthur quickly got up to the Auror office, where Tonks and Shacklebolt were peering into the cold bright sunshine – someone had cast a brightness to celebrate the pay increase for security trolls. The trolls inadvertently developed a new form of pay cheques, thereby creating great joy in the Security Trolls and Goblin League.

Meanwhile, Williamson was prancing around in tights, Confunded. “What’s going on?” he exclaimed, before looking down on his Stilettos. “Oh no, I have scuffed the heel of one of my favorite shoes!”

Harry stifled a snigger before he quietly asked Mr. Weasley, “Shouldn’t we do something about him?” Mr. Weasley shook his head. “The Imperiused Muggle must be taken care of first!”

Just at that moment, Tonks appeared behind them. Her hair was shocking green and she had a worried expression on her face. “Expelliarmus!” she shouted as the Imperius Muggle ran through the room wearing only a baseball cap and jeans. The baseball cap flew across the window. Mr. Weasley raised his hand and caught it. “Well done, Arthur,” shouted Tonks. “Where’s Williamson? He was to meet me over an hour ago.”

“He was – err – detained,” smiled Mr. Weasley still holding the cap. “Apparently, someone jinxed this Muggle headwear; hopefully now he’ll be back to normal before long.”

Williamson leant against a desk, trying to focus on his surroundings. He held a wand loosely, considering whether or not to use it. Harry raised his wand, ready for any sudden movements. Tonks took a step forward. “Williamson, lower your wand and step forward to give it to me. You have been under a Confundus Charm, and therefore it will take some time for you to recover.”

Suddenly there was a loud pop, and Rita Skeeter appeared, holding Hermione’s pink hoodie. Harry stared unblinkingly, revolted by the color. “Where did you get that foul, disgusting thing?” spat Harry. Rita twirled the hoodie around, a smirk on her face.

“Well, sweetie, that is an interesting question! Tell you what, I’ll help you, if you agree to let me interview you about your childhood, including the situation between you and Ripper.”

“Forget it, Rita, there are more important things to worry about,” said Harry, spinning around on his left foot.

The sound of someone running suddenly became audible. A loud slam of a door announced the re-arrival of Shacklebolt, who was also appalled by the nauseating pink hoodie. In fact, he grabbed it from Rita before attempting to set fire and throw it out the window. Unfortunately the window was closed, and it was Kingsley’s hat that got hit instead! With a whoosh flames leapt into the air, and Kingsley rolled on the floor to pull it out. Tonks laughed but then saw the papers she had been writing aflame. “Oh, no,” she muttered as the papers crumpled on the floor. In her haste to put them out, she accidentally dropped her wand in the fire, and it started steaming!

“Accio Wand!” cried Arthur quickly. Simultaneously, Harry cried, “Aguamenti!” Water extinguished the flames.

“Phew, that was close!” sighed Tonks. “Mr. Scrimgeour wouldn’t have been happy if those had been destroyed!”

Harry turned to Kingsley. “Why on Earth did you try to burn Hermione’s hoodie? It is ghastly, but I mean…”

“Well, I just thought it was Doxy-infested, because there are reports that Doxies like pink and Scrimgeour’s curtains are infested!” Harry looked incredulous, but nodded and understood Kingsley’s fast entrance. Mr. Weasley handed the wand to Williamson and said to try not to hex anyone.

At this point, Tonks suddenly fell on the floor staring blankly into space. “Tonks?” shouted Mr. Weasley. He ran quickly over to her, and checked for a pulse. Harry glanced around the room, watching for a culprit to curse. He noticed Stan Shunpike edging out of the room, looking shifty.

“Levicorpus!” Harry shouted. Stan was raised into the air! He let out a shriek as his wand fell from his pocket. “Mr. Weasley, I only wanted to see if Stan was the cause of any of this,” said a nervous Harry. Mr. Weasley propped the wand up and turned to make sure Tonks was all right. She was white and slightly woozy. “Stay still! Why are there three people under curses today?” Harry asked helplessly. “It more than a coincidence. I wonder what the connection could be?”

“Mr. Weasley, maybe it has something to do with the person who set Eeylop’s owls loose?” suggested Stan. “’Cuz it wasn’t me. I woz sneakin’ out —”

“Wait!” interrupted Harry. “How did you know that? The Daily Prophet didn’t report it. You have something you want to explain?”

Mr. Weasley caught on and turned along with everyone to stare at Stan, still wondering what was amiss in the wizarding world that week. “I accidentally overheard someone telling Tonks that the horrible pink hoodie might have Doxies. I wasn’t sure what to do and just wanted to help…”

Stan’s voice trailed off uncertainly. “I never meant no harm —”

Arthur cut in: “But have caused a lot!” The reprimand silenced Stan, giving Williamson the opportunity to make a loud, disgruntled moan.

“It was you!” Harry exclaimed, pointing at Williamson. “I can see traces of Droobles’ Best Blowing Gum on your robes!”

Williamson looked guiltily towards the floor. “It’s true, I was responsible,” he admitted. Tonks had heard enough. She cast a spell and chains wrapped around Williamson. Still weak, she hoistered herself up, relying on the desk for support. Harry rushed forwards to help but tripped over the chains trailing from Williamson’s feet. He sprawled on the ground unconscious.

The next thing Harry knew, he was lying on a hospital stretcher, surrounded by many spectators. He recognized Tonks and Mr. Weasley in the crowd around him. “What happened? Where am I?” he asked, disoriented.

“You’ll be all right, you were knocked out for eight hours, and we’ve sorted out most of the problems with Williamson,” explained Tonks, who seemed her normal, purple-haired self again.

“But come, Dumbledore said he needed to speak to Sirius, remember? We’ll meet him at Mrs. Figg’s,” said Arthur. “I’ll see what time we can get there. Mrs. Scrimgeour’s party is at five o’clock so we should have enough time. And don’t give Rita Skeeter a story. She’ll go berserk and you’ll get in trouble, as usual! I can see the headline: 'Potter Presides over Potty Party.' And don’t forget a gift. Maybe some wine would be good. I hear Dahlia loves Chardonnay. Maybe we should call Larry’s Liquors. How about I order it, while you get her some clothes. Avoid Harrods; a Hippogriff caused a lot of damage there on Wednesday.”

“I will, Mr. Weasley,” Harry said. “See you at five.”

Harry Apparated to Mrs. Scrimgeour’s party fashionably late, at quarter past five. The Dursleys were there, but were oblivious to Harry’s presence. Harry acquired a repulsive glance from Uncle Vernon when he got some punch. Harry politely waved, because he felt sorry for them, being Muggles in a nearly all-wizard gathering. Mr. Weasley ushered Harry over to where the rest of the people were chatting, avoiding Vernon’s glare. (He remembered the “challenging” events of the August of the Quidditch World Cup.) Harry watched as Vernon’s mustache was slowly ignited by…

… Fred, who had just arrived. Vernon yelled and began to do an odd little dance, causing Petunia and Dudley to laugh loudly, but they shut up when they received a glare from Vernon. He had managed to stop the flames, and was turning his full attention on Fred, his face a lovely shade of purple. Fred grinned. “So sorry! I must have mispronounced it. But you do look much better without your mustache,” he said.

Meanwhile, Scrimgeour arrived with his mother, who, much to everyone’s surprise, was a very kind lady who gave out lots of little gifts to everyone. Scrimgeour, on the other hand, was scanning the crowd, looking for Tonks and Shacklebolt who were deep in conversation with Harry and Sirius in the corner. Excusing himself from Mrs. Figg, Scrimgeour walked over to the two Aurors. “Excuse me, might I have a quick word with you two?” Tonks and Shacklebolt nodded.

“Okay, what’s up with You-Know-Who? I haven’t been getting any reports lately,” whined Scrimgeour.

Tonks replied. “That’s because we have been too busy fixing everything from the past week. And besides, we think this whole mess was on You-Know-Who’s orders,” said Tonks.

Meanwhile, St. Mungo’s was still filling up, due to the curses being time-delayed. It was quite a sight to see all these people, and then Rita Skeeter had decided to show up, wearing a custard pie splashed all over her blouse. “Hippogriffs!” she exclaimed. “There was one outside Harrod’s! I shall never shop there.” Grumbling, she whipped out her Quill and asked the Healers if she could interview their patients. Without waiting for an answer Rita started questioning them. “How does it feel knowing this was one of You-Know-Who’s dirty tricks?” she asked the conscious ones. “What was it like being cursed?” she asked a nervous looking Williamson

“Well, cursing yourself, I suppose,” Williamson mumbled.

“Well, hurry up,” said Rita. “Haven’t got all day!” She tapped her long toes against the marble floor.

Meanwhile, back at the party, Dumbledore and Sirius’ ghost were deep in a whispered discussion. Harry, meanwhile, was looking tired and was glancing hopefully over at them. He was debating whether or not to go over when Mrs. Figg appeared at his side. “Dear me, Harry, it’s been a while since we last spoke. And you’ve been a busy buy, haven’t you?” She smiled at him. “Now there are two things I need to tell you and they are very important. One is to always wear clean clothes, you never know who you will meet. And secondly, always make sure to laugh at least once a day and always keep your friends close by you,” whispered Mrs. Figg. She gave him a jelly bean and walked off.

Harry thought for a moment, and decided to go and finally talk to Sirius. He meandered over to where Sirius and Dumbledore were. Dumbledore glanced at Harry and moved away towards Tonks and Lupin. Harry was pleased to be able to finally talk to Sirius. “Hey Sirius, where’d you get the motorbike? It hasn’t been seen by anyone for such a long time.”

Sirius shrugged and spoke. “I brought it here from Hagrid’s. He was keeping it for me so I could give it to you on your birthday, which is on Saturday…” he said. At this point Harry broke down and cried and Sirius came over to give him a hug.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #13 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Apr 23, 2006 3:48 pm (#2589 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 13

User
# of Submissions
Tazzygirl   176
CatherineHermiona   2
Good Evans   32
Little Ginny   36
dizzy lizzy   92
Finn BV   71
Snuffles   62
azi   112
Stephanie M.   1
Sticky Glue   1
Hungarian Horntail11   7
Julie Aronson   12
Emily   23
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times.

Total Submissions: 627
Total Words: 3,135
Last Submission Date: #2583, April 23, 12:54 am. (dizzy lizzy)
Total Time to Create Story: 14 days, 7 hours, 46 minutes.

Note that due to a strange change in the WX clock on this server, the time is temporarily seven hours ahead of what it should read. Therefore this post is really being posted on April 7, 2006 at 8:42 pm. All times in the above statistics reflect the correct time PDT, not Forum time as written.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #13 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:34 pm (#2901 of 2977) [Edited Dec 22, 2010 11 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #13, Volume I,
Potty Five Words: "Just Another Week at the Ministry"

This story was written from April 8, 2006 to April 23, 2005. Thirteen writers contributed to the story, which is 3,135 words long. Six of the thirteen writers posted feedback.

- Emily, Apr 23, 2006 4:01 pm: LOL, great story!

- Finn BV, Apr 23, 2006 4:02 pm: Okay, yay! That took a while to read, but it was great. Some of the dialogue is a bit weird…… but I liked it the best so far! And hey, we better keep the next story shorter or we'll run out of posts on the thread!

- Tazzygirl, Apr 23, 2006 8:19 pm: Wow- I just saw the story, 3 posts to get it all in! Overall, I really liked it!

- Little Ginny, Apr 23, 2006 10:09 pm: Impressing story and statistics, Finn, I admire you for so thoroughly keeping up with the stories!

- Snuffles, Apr 24, 2006 7:59 am: Phew!!! Just had to read through 204 posts!!!!!! I quite liked the last story.

- Good Evans, Apr 24, 2006 11:53 am: woo hoo - new story - well done all of you the last one was good fun - I had forgotten (or missed) a large chunk in the middle - excellent!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #14

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:06 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - May 3, 2006 8:58 pm (#2872 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Hogwarts Epidemic"

Minerva McGonagall sighed deeply and looked out at the students. They were standing in a crooked semicircle in the Great Hall, most looking sickly and withdrawn. There was a bad epidemic going around, and McGonagall was worried that the school needed to find out where the cure was.

“Your attention, please!” She waited a few moments, until silence fell, and then, clearing her throat, said, “Students. It is with my deepest regret to tell you that unless the cure is found somewhere within these walls, all of you will have to dance a lively salsa in front of the Giant Squid. Please note that he is tough to please and you mustn’t look directly into his eyes, or he’ll think that you are untrustworthy.”

Ron looked very shocked at this and turned to Hermione to question Professor McGonagall’s sanity. Harry nudged Ron as Professor Snape scowled in disgust and appeared looking sweaty and breathing hard.

“If you think you are going to persuade me to let you off a detention to dance, Potter, you may think again.” Snape’s cloak bellowed out behind him as he strode to the front of the doors and out into the courtyard. “Well, someone certainly need to sweep up around here – it’s a disgrace!” Snape proceeded towards the gates at opposite ends of the courtyard.

Harry, Ron and Hermione cautiously followed, keeping to the shadows. “Where is he going now?” whispered Harry. Ron shrugged noncommittally. “But if he sees us we’ll be in massive trouble!”

“Oh, Ron, don’t be such a spoilsport!” laughed Hermione. Snape seemed to sense being followed and suddenly turned round, forcing the trio into a strange hole, just wide enough for them to slide through. Hermione shot through first, not wanting to be seen.

“He’ll expel us for sure if we get caught!” she gasped.

Suddenly they heard his voice. “Unless you’re intending on going to be severely punished, I advise you to — ARGH!!” Snape’s scream rang through the air. When he didn’t stop, the trio hastily climbed out of the hole and ran over to Snape, who stood ashen faced over Draco’s body. In the dim light, they could see the basilisk’s tooth that stuck out of the Slytherin’s arm. The wound discharged blood and oozed over the grass.

Snape stood horrified at his wand. “Severus!” gasped Professor McGonagall, who came running up, out of the shadows. “How could you?” Now the students must dance as Snape gets hauled off, and they did so.

Luna wandered from the Quidditch Pitch, her butterbeer corks swinging in time with her step. When she reached Harry and Ron she clasped their hands and gasped, “What happened to Professor Snape?”

Harry looked around Hermione’s shoulder and sniggered, “Well you should have been there! McGonagall had Hagrid lift him up and rush him to the Dementors. I can’t say that I didn’t see this coming. I’ve always know he was… dodgy, to say the least!”

“Oh well,” said Luna simply. “I am sure the Gobberlister will replace him nicely. Anyway, they are naturally bat-like, so the resemblance shouldn’t be that different. No one will miss him except maybe the Slytherin kids who thought he was special.”

“So what about this new Gobberlister?” asked Harry, later, as they danced around the lake, to a fine orchestra made up of mermaids and the Giant Squid. “What do you think they actually do?”

“Well, isn’t it obvious? They like anything ugly, and so they will enjoy the dungeons a lot! In fact, they’ll be hard to get out of the place! Dark, depressing, and dull – perfect!” affirmed Luna.

Ron grinned, “I think potions class is going to be a lot more interesting now. Who knows what the Gobberlister will teach us to brew?”

The tempo of the salsa increased, and Harry stumbled over one of the Giant Squid’s tentacles. Ron roared with laughter, but then tripped over Draco and fell into the lake. When he emerged, he was cured, if somewhat blue from the cold temperatures of the water. Hermione rushed over to him, worry etched on her face. “Ronald, what on earth happened to you in the lake? I saw Myrtle push you towards a Grindylow!”

“Nice,” snarled Ron. “And I was almost caught, but the giant reeds blocked their path towards me.”

“What’s she playing at?!” They turned to see Myrtle blowing Ron a kiss.

“RONALD!” shouted Hermione. “Will you stop flirting with Moaning Myrtle! It’s disgusting! She’s dead, after all.”

Ron looked puzzled for a moment, as he didn’t know what to do to combat Hermione’s startling jealousy. He chose to look away in shame, and his ears were bright red. “What do you want me to do about it? You know how she gets.”

“Never mind her,” said Harry. “Look who’s headed this way.”

Ron looked up, squinting to see Narcissa Malfoy, hysterical and running, her hair streaming behind her. “My sweet, innocent boy! What have they done to you? My baby!” Narcissa collapsed.

“It was your friend Snape. He somehow befriended a basilisk and its fang speared Draco right through the leg. Maybe if Draco was loyal to us in the first place, and especially to Dumbledore, Fawkes and the Order, this would never have happened. But you chose to be Death Eaters, so what more do you expect?” Harry finished his rant, leaving Narcissa gaping, and hurried off to catch up with Ron and Hermione. Moaning Myrtle was left, happily wailing at the dancers.

Meanwhile, McGonagall was eyeing the dead Draco suspiciously. Suddenly, his body began to twitch violently. McGonagall’s eyes widened. The salsa music ceased, and they all watched as Draco slowly stood up, his eyes vacant.

Horrified, McGonagall whispered, “Inferius.” All hell broke loose; Narcissa blubbered incoherently. Hermione conjured fires. Flitwick joined her, until Dumbledore suddenly appeared out of nowhere and ended the commotion.

“Please, everybody stay calm and go back to the Great Hall. There is hot chocolate for the best dancers.” He turned, picked up Draco’s body, and walked into the Forbidden Forest. The students returned to the Great Hall, surprisingly hungry after what had happened.

“Neville, your chin is completely covered in green slime,” said Luna. “It was probably the Lorser-Boggum. You should wash all your socks immediately to combat the risk of Lorser-Boggosis.”

“Socks!” cried Harry.

“That’s ridiculous, Luna, even for a case like Lorser-Boggosis,” Hermione said. “But you have solved the cause of Snape’s mysterious behavior. He probably hasn’t washed his socks in ages! His chin looks just like a huge pointed Lorser!” spat Harry.

“What’s the cure, Luna?” asked Ginny, running up behind them. Luna thought for a moment. “We need a Clornet and a honking daffodil mixed with pumpkin juice,” she stated simply.

“The Potions Cupboard!” cried Hermione. She and Luna flew from the Hall to the dungeons in a flash.

“Socks!” said Harry.

“What?” asked Ron. “Why did you yell 'Socks!' again?”

“Uh-oh, Harry’s coming down with it!” said Luna, who had returned. “Hermione is in the kitchen with the house-elves, who are going to help us figure out the antidote. Maybe all members of S.P.E.W. will finally gain the respect they’ve sought all these years. Maybe —”

“I was just getting pumpkin,” said Hermione.

“Socks!” said Harry.

“Drink,” said Ron, shoving a goblet of pumpkin juice down Harry’s throat. Harry spluttered, but managed to swallow most of the juice. He glanced at Hermione and asked what just happened.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. The house-elves are making enough antidote for three times the number of students affected.” Hermione gave Harry’s arm an electric shock, strangely, when he brushed by her.

“Ouch, what was that?” he demanded.

Hermione shrugged. “I’m really sorry, Harry, I don’t know why that happened. Maybe it’s a side effect.”

“I hope it wears off soon. Or maybe the shock is the illness leaving. It is an electrifying experience!”

“Excuse me, Harry Potter, sir, but we were wondering if you could give this medicine to everybody for us. We house-elves think it will cure them all very quickly!”

So it was. Everybody was cured. (Hermione credited the house-elves, who prepared the concoction, but Ron said that any idiot with half a brain could have done that easily.)

The end? No, then they all danced.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #14 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - May 3, 2006 9:06 pm (#2875 of 2977) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 14
ordered by first contribution to the story

User
# of Submissions
azi   66
Finn BV   40
Tazzygirl   23
Little Ginny   16
Emily   11
Snuffles   27
Good Evans   3
Julie Aronson   35
Mrs Brisbee   15
Puck   35
dizzy lizzy   1
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 272
Total Words: 1360
Last Submission Date: #2870, May 3, 1:40 pm. (Finn BV)
Total Time to Create Story: 10 days, 0 hours, 15 minutes.

Note that due to a strange change in the WX clock on this server, the time is temporarily seven hours ahead of what it should read. Therefore this post is really being posted on April 7, 2006 at 8:42 pm. All times in the above statistics reflect the correct time PDT, not Forum time as written.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume I, Story #14 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:10 pm

NOTE: Regretfully, post-story comments for Story #14, Volume I, "Hogwarts Epidemic" were not collected into one 'post-story comments post' before the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum' site closed on April 15, 2011.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II Index

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:24 pm

This page contains a list with links to all the stories written in Volume II.

Five Words Stories - Volume II

• Click on Story #15 (15 May 2006) for "A Job for Umbridge"

• Click on Story #16 (24 May 2006) for "The Tale of the Occamy"

• Click on Story #17 (30 May 2006) for "Draco and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"

• Click on Story #18 (6 June 2006) for "A Squiddish Task"

• Click on Story #19 (10 June 2006) for "The Wedding"

• Click on Story #20 (13 June 2006) for "The Other Wedding"

• Click on Story #21 (20 June 2006) for "Luna’s Mission"

• Click on Story #22 (27 June 2006) for "Grawp’s Night of Confusion"

• Click on Story #23 (3 July 2006) for "Harry's Night of Confusion"

• Click on Story #24 (6 July 2006) for "Dudley’s Birthday Party"

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #15

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:29 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - May 15, 2006 12:15 pm (#342 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "A Job for Umbridge"

Mr. Remus John Lupin was putting on his new robes, ready for his new job in the Werewolf Protection League. Remus was very nervous as his wife, Mrs. Lupin, had just told him they were expecting twin cubs. This job now meant a whole lot of responsibility, and Remus was not sure he could handle the pressure.

“Don’t forget your application form, dear, or you’ll have to come back home.”

“Yes, Celestina. I’ve got it. When did Nymphadora say she’d be back from the Healer?”

“She said she had a doctor’s appointment at nine thirty and some other errands to run before her meeting at headquarters. It’s just amazing what the Aurors have accomplished lately.”

Armed with that information, Remus strode out of the door. Remus glanced around, making sure all was safe, and he then Apparated to the Ministry. “Hem hem,” said a voice behind them.

“Good morning, Dolores,” said a cheery Remus. “I’m so glad I bumped into you! There was something I was meaning to send you. It’s an article about evil hags. Would you be related to the one who put the Draught of Living Death upon the king’s daughter?”

“Well, I, filthy,” sputtered Dolores. “I don’t have to answer that!” And she huffed and puffed and blew her iron grey curls out of that ridiculous pink bow.

Chuckling, Lupin continued on his way. He admired the nameplate beneath a portrait of a young witch. Nymphadora Lupin, Auror of the Year. With a smile, he knocked on the door and entered. “Harry, do you have a moment? I have a message to deliver to you from my wife. You and a guest are invited to a dinner, which will be this Saturday night, around six.” Harry thought for a moment, then replied.

“I’ll check with my boss, to see if I have the night off. And I’ll ask Ginny whether she wants to go, if she’s free to join me. Is that okay, Remus?”

“Yes, that’s fine.”

“Today’s your first day of your new job? That’s what I heard from Tonks. How are you both doing?” Harry leaned against the wall, ready to listen.

Remus adjusted his robes. Clearing his throat, he considering his reply. Not wanting to give the secret away, he said instead, “My great-aunt Celestina has come down to visit… just there for support as I start the new job. She was once a famous pop singer —” He was interrupted by a paper airplane, which zoomed inside a lift. “Oh! Harry, sorry, I didn’t mean to keep you. I must go – Head Werewolf can’t be late!”

Remus rushed off, heading for the newly constructed office. He paused and glanced around. Dark wood paneling covered the walls; the windows streaming in artificial light. His desk was huge and littered with chocolate frog wrappers. Smiling, Remus swept the lot into the Rubbish Bin beside a copy of Quidditch Monthly. The figures on the cover waved as Lupin bent down and placed his briefcase on the desk. A piece of parchment which contained the words “Werewolf Victims Protection Act” caught his eye. He picked it up and began to read, frowning. This wasn’t what they brought him on board to do. He was going to discuss this with the Minister.

A knock on his office door brought an unexpected visitor. “Professor Dumbledore, what a surprise!” exclaimed Lupin.

“No need to get up,” said Dumbledore. “There are a couple of issues we need to discuss immediately.” Lupin stood up to close the door so they could talk without being overheard easily.

“So, what’s going on?” Dumbledore pointed to the document Remus was holding. Handing it over, Remus sighed and sat back while Dumbledore read the parchment, a crease appearing on his forehead. He pushed his glasses a little further up his nose and paused thoughtfully. He spoke finally, quietly.

“Remus, this is the most ridiculous, unhelpful piece of writing that I have ever had the displeasure of scanning my half-moon glasses over. It’s unconscionable, I say!” Handing the paper back to Remus, he added, “This is what I suspected. Dolores somehow managed to get information on you being selected to head of this department, and now she seems to be trying to undermine you before you have even begun to make a start. We must schedule an appointment with her, to show that you will not accept any of her nonsense.”

“Instead, re-assign her as my coordinator. She can then help adjust some attitudes, starting with the group of werewolves in a cave. They are just the thing to straighten her out, and hopefully change her woefully ideas. I don’t think she will have any problem with this, considering the current Minister’s opinion of her work. Arthur’s told me she’s lucky to have work here at all, considering her close association with some questionable philosophies in the past. I’m under no illusions that she won’t like it, but that she’ll do as the Minister says, you know.”

Harry thought he was seeing a ghost as he entered Lupin’s office just then. “P…P…Professor Dumbl— I… what… erm… when did you get..”

Dumbledore chuckled and said, “Actually, Harry, what you see is my ascended form.”

Harry looked puzzled for a second. “You mean, umm, what do you mean?”

“I’ll only be here in times of extreme need. Professor Lupin needs assistance with his job and the secret of getting through ministry red tape.” Harry stepped back, still agape at his once-Headmaster. “Dolores trying to stir up opposition is what we’ll see next.”

“Oh, we’re already seeing it. How… how long will you be here?” Harry looked at Dumbledore, hoping the answer would be “several years.”

“Do you need my help, Harry?”

Harry nodded. “As a matter of fact I could do with some advice. What do you know about self-vanishing charms? I appear to have had a bit of an accident. I had forgotten my cloak while tailing someone. I thought I was about to be discovered, so I tried to hide. Then, I felt tingling sensations down my right side. The guy looked right at me, and didn’t seem to see me. I want to know why this happened and if you and Lupin can see how to prevent this from happening again.”

Dumbledore smiled before he answered. “Well, Harry, it is an easy problem to solve. All you have to do is concentrate on the three important Apparition terms and then snap yourself back into reality. If you have determination to control whether or not you can be seen, you can become invisible at will. I shall be happy to teach you if you so wish.”

Harry breathed a sigh of relief. “Yeah, thanks, that would help me out a lot sir.”

Lupin suddenly got up. “There’s lots to do, and so I must ask you to let me get Dolores as my assistant by myself. I know that seems strange, but it’s the only way she will recognize my authority here at the Ministry. I promise I will be able to convince her.”

“Very well. Do what you feel you need to do. I will be around in case of any surprises.” And with that, Dumbledore left the office. Harry wished Remus good luck, then also left.

Remus stared at the wall for a while, deciding the best way to approach the situation. Eventually he decided that a lunch meeting with Umbridge would be the most effective. He sighed deeply and wrote a memo, which he folded into an airplane and cast a charm on it, so it would land right in Dolores’ hands. The next thing on his agenda was to try and organize his office. For years he had dreamed of having an office of his own, but now it seemed daunting. Many stacks of books and piles of parchment were scattered throughout the area. He sighed – there was no choice but to get going to lunch.

“Remus, Molly packed some extra goodies! Look!” cried Arthur Weasley at his hungry-looking friend. “There are delicious cheese sandwiches, with the spicy mustard you like so much, plus a healthy serving of yummy salad! I love that —”

“Arthur,” interrupted Remus, “I would love to chat, but I must meet Dolores for a meeting to show her my position.”

“Remus, I’d be happy to join you if it’s okay with you. I would like to have a chat with Dolores myself about her conduct recently.” Remus began walking down the hall towards the lift, which would take them up to Dolores’ office.

When Remus and Arthur arrived at their destination, Dolores was sitting at her desk, deeply engrossed in a copy of Witch Weekly: Test Your Amorous Toad to See if He’s Really the Right One for You. “Hello, Dolores. Sorry to interrupt when you are working, but I have a little business matter to discuss with you. Why don’t we talk somewhere nicer? We could go get some lunch.” Umbridge eyed Remus suspiciously, as if she thought he might transform at any moment into a vicious wolf.

“I promise I won’t infect you with lycanthropy or any other illness you might be worried about catching.”

“Well, whatever you say, I don’t believe you. Everyone knows lycanthropy is caught by merely being near a… thing.”

“Dolores,” Arthur interjected, angrily. “You are completely insane. I’ve been near a werewolf almost every day, and not once have I been overcome with the urge to run from him. It’s ridiculous to…”

“Arthur, enough. Dolores, come with me. I am your superior, and I order you to accompany me to lunch.”

Umbridge’s eyes flicked from Arthur to Remus, smoldering with anger. With a discontent sigh, she stood up and said, “Very well. I am hungry, anyway. Let’s go to the Leaky Cauldron.”

The three of them Disapparated from the Ministry and appeared in Diagon Alley. They entered the Leaky Cauldron, and sat down at a back table. “Where should I begin?”

* Five Words – Volume 2 Index * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #15 stats

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:30 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - May 15, 2006 12:21 pm (#343 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 15

User
# of Submissions
azi   52
Snuffles   38
Julie Aronson   44
Little Ginny   24
Puck   77
Tazzygirl   36
Emily   2
Finn BV   43
Mrs Brisbee   7
HungarianHorntail11   3
Herm oh ninny   8
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 334

Total Words: 1670
Last Submission Date: #337, May 14, 8:34 pm. (Finn BV)
Total Time to Create Story: 10 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes.

Note that due to a strange change in the WX clock on this server, the time is temporarily seven hours ahead of what it should read. All times in the above statistics reflect the correct time PDT, not Forum time as written. 

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #15 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:31 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:35 pm (#2903 of 2977) [Edited Dec 23, 2010 10 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #15, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "A Job for Umbridge"

This story was written from May 4, 2006 to May 14, 2006. Eleven writers contributed to the story, which is 1,670 words long. One of the eleven writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, May 15, 2006 3:52 pm: …didn't have the time to congratulate Puck, and acknowledge my liking of the story!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #16

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:32 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - May 24, 2006 10:39 pm (#694 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Tale of the Occamy"

Harry was pacing nervously around waiting and wondering for the owl, which should have arrived an hour ago. He glanced down at his watch as it ticked, slowly, as if it were punishing him for something. A dark shape loomed on the horizon. Harry squinted to see what it was. As the shape grew larger, he realized it couldn’t be an owl, but was something much more dangerous. “It’s an Occamy! Why is it this creature has such a bad reputation?”

Suddenly the Occamy dived down, as if struck by a stunning spell. Harry watched it spiral towards him. His eyes widened as he realized the Occamy was in grave peril of crashing into his head. Harry instinctively ducked, but the Occamy continued on straight toward him. Harry lifted his head just in time to see it glide gracefully to the ground.

The massive creature looked up and said, “Good evening, Harry. Sorry if I startled you there. I have a message from your Aunt Petunia, ordering you to remove the rest of your things from her house.”

“What? But I took everything already.”

The creature stretched and said, “You didn’t take the things you left in the cupboard under the stairs.” The Occamy shrugged his wings and took off without another word.

Harry wondered when his aunt started interacting with the wizarding world. And an Occamy in any circumstance seemed extreme. Closing that part of his life was more difficult than he imagined it could be. Closing the window, Harry pondered the life he could have had without Voldemort. Suddenly, he felt a curious freedom. He took his broom out of the wardrobe and walked outside to take flight and head to Godric’s Hollow.

He mounted his broom, and took off, enjoying the sensation of the wind whirling through his hair. Flying towards Godric’s Hollow made him remember the first time he held a snitch in his hand. Or rather, his mouth, as that was how he’d actually gotten it. Down below, street lights dotted the landscape. He remembered other eventful nights, but tried to push them aside as he slowly descended toward the house where all the light seemed to be shining brightly.

Landing softly, he walked toward the front door, which had opened the moment he had landed. Aunt Petunia looked at him, a slight frown on her face.

“Your mother left these things with me and I want to give them back to you so shut up and listen!”

Petunia wanted nothing more than to get rid of the objects which were of disgusting wizarding origin. Living in this house was bad enough, but since Number 4 Privet Drive exploded as Harry and Petunia were reacting to Dudley suddenly turning into a chicken. (He had just crossed the road and someone had asked him, “Why did you take that ‘custard’ cream when the Weasley brothers had clearly planted it on the table? The gluttony!") Uncle Vernon was on the front stoop, scowling madly.

“Well, get on your way! You’re not welcome!”

Harry scoffed at Vernon, and said, “I’ve been counting down the moments until I’d never have to see you again. I only came because Aunt Petunia insisted. If she left me alone, I’d gladly stay away from you forever. Let’s say I-”

But Harry was interrupted by a noise which came from within the kitchen.

“Diddykins, what’s the matter?” shrieked Aunt Petunia. Dudley was prone to falling over these days, due to the fact he suffered previously unknown side effects from the curly pig’s tail Hagrid gave him way back in the hut. Harry peered through into the kitchen to see Dudley lying on the floor. “My baby!” screamed Petunia. She dashed forwards with her arms outstretched, sobbing and screaming for Vernon to help.

“Don’t just stand there boy!” yelled Vernon, pointing at Harry. “This must be your doing, with your un-naturalness! Get over here now and fix him!” Harry sighed but walked over towards the tableau. He drew his wand, but before he had said anything, Uncle Vernon exploded again. “Put that thing away, you freak! Someone might see you! The last thing we need is another incident with you and those weirdos from your school!”

“How do you expect me to help if I can’t use my wand?” Harry shouted. “If it’s magical you automatically hate it, what do you want from me!” Exasperated, Harry stormed outside, in order to return home, where hopefully that owl was waiting with good news from Ginny. He looked up into the light of the Singing Lamppost and saw the shadow of an owl flying in quickly. Harry waited until it had landed then quickly removed the message from its beak. He smiled as he read the message.

Dear Harry,

I can’t wait to see you next time you visit me! I really miss you. Bill and Fleur loved their honeymoon in Hawaii. Ron’s injuries are healing nicely and he and Hermione are planning to accompany you next week when you go to see your old friend, Tom. I hope you will take me along so I can meet Tom too! I always wished to meet him personally, I’ve heard so much about him.

Write back soon,
Ginny

The letter was finished with a picture of her waving, while on holiday in France with Gabrielle Delacour, with whom she had become close friends.

Harry jumped back on his broom and realized he didn’t find out why Petunia was able to use magical creatures. Harry wasn’t sure he dared to go back and ask about it. His curiosity overcame him, but as he was getting off the broom a second time the Occamy knocked him over.

“Sorry about that,” said the Occamy.

“How do you know my aunt?”

The Occamy’s reply was:

“I met her and her sister at a ball in honor of Annapurna Patil, who lived as an au pair girl in Professor Dumbledore’s house, in his brother’s flat. Ms. Patil had retired earlier that same year from her job as a Wizengamot judge in favor of a more exciting position. Can you imagine my surprise when she left home to become associated with the greatest living wizard! An amazing man he was, too. He knew Lily back when he was just starting his plans to reform Muggle-wizard relations. That’s where Petunia and I met. Now I need to warn you about Tom. He may seem a simple barman but he’s actually a thief like Mundungus Fletcher!”

Harry was shocked. He knew that people were often not how they seem, but to accuse Tom of being a thief without proof seemed a little extreme! “You’re talking a load of rubbish!” snapped Harry. Tom would never get involved with shady dealings.” He turned on his heel and flew back home. Rage still seethed through him as he prepared himself to collect Ginny and his other friends to go visit Tom. He would be late, but that couldn’t be helped. Ginny would understand when he explained.

Harry flew into Ottery St. Catchpole just at it started raining. Muttering darkly about the weather, he whispered, “Impervious!” and his glasses repelled the rain. Ginny was standing outside The Burrow, looking impatient. She was pointing at something on the ground. As Harry landed, he noticed the gnomes running around, causing havoc and carrying Ron’s wand. There was a purple flash and a yell. The gnome was growing horns. Harry tried not to laugh as the gnome fell over and the horns dug into the ground, trapping it. Harry immobilized the gnome while Ginny summoned Ron’s wand to her.

“How do we sort these idiots out?” she asked, choking on her laughter. “I’d leave them, but they keep attempting magic. Do you think we should chuck them over the fence or maybe they’ll all enjoy having antlers?”

Harry laughed. “We’d better cure that one first, I think!”

Hermione appeared at the door with a stern look on her face. “What do you think you will achieve without meeting with the Head Gnome?”

“Is there a Head Gnome?”

Hermione sighed. “Haven’t you read Gneat Gnomes? She’s the one that organized the meetings between all the different gnome factions. Honestly Harry, for a smart Minister of Magic, you are really dumb sometimes!”

“When did I become Minister of Magic?” Harry asked, wonderingly. “I had no idea.” Harry looked down at his fingernails and tried to wipe the mud away.

“Harry, you’ve been Minister for two years.” Ginny looked at him strangely, as though she wasn’t sure who he was. Ginny asked, “What nickname did your father go by at Hogwarts?”

“Prongs, why?” Harry asked, confused.

“You’re just acting weird. I wanted to check that you really are Harry! There have been so many imposters since the Occamy started to appear. I’m beginning to suspect that the Occamy might be the cause of all this.” Harry and Ginny looked up. The Occamy was perched on their windowsill, eyeing the three of them. It trembled when they turned to look at him with an aura of understanding and anger.

“I’m sorry,” said the Occamy. “But I really don’t know what I can say. It’s in my nature, you appear, cause uncertainty, then you leave.” And off it flew. Harry, Ginny and Hermione looked around uncertainly, wondering if the Occamy would appear again.

“Well, that was random”, remarked Ginny.

“Tea and biscuits anyone?” asked Mrs. Weasley through the window.

“Be right there, Mum!” yelled Ginny. Grabbing Harry she pulled him inside and they sat on the sofa.

“Ginny, which broom are you using to play in the Quidditch World Final?” enquired Hermione. Harry looked at Hermione, wondering how she could ask such questions when she knew nothing about Quidditch.

“Harry, wake up.” Somebody was shaking him. It was Tom!

“Harry!” he said. “Get up, the Weasleys are all set to go to Bill and Fleur’s wedding, and you should be up by now!”

Harry shook himself awake, dressed quickly, and went downstairs.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #16 stats

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:33 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - May 24, 2006 10:56 pm (#695 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 16

User
# of Submissions
Puck   57
Julie Aronson   36
Snuffles   75
azi   72
Finn BV   36
Emily   5
Mrs Brisbee   16
Tazzygirl   16
Phelim Mcintyre   15
Little Ginny   3
HungarianHorntail11   1
Herm oh ninny   2

Total Submissions: 334

Total Words: 1670
Last Submission Date: #685, May 24, 5:06 a.m. (Puck)

Total Time to Create Story: 8 days, 23 hours, 28 minutes.

Note that due to a strange change in the WX clock on this server, the time of posting is temporarily set at UTC, seven hours ahead of what it should read. All times in the above statistics reflect the correct time PDT (which is usually Forum time), not the time as written.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #16 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:35 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:51 pm (#2904 of 2977) [Edited Dec 23, 2010 10 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #16, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "The Tale of the Occamy"

This story was written from May 15, 2006 to May 24, 2006. Twelve writers contributed to the story, which is 1,670 words long. Two of the twelve writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, May 24, 2006 11:01 pm: I liked the story... very interesting.

- Finn BV, May 24, 2006 11:39 pm: This is a really neat story – full of detail, but completely random!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #17

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:36 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - May 30, 2006 4:25 am (#981 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words:
“Draco and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"

Draco listened as his father droned on and on about responsibility, and why he didn’t think Draco was living up to pureblood standards. Draco sneered as he watched his father rant and pace. Outside, Narcissa was listening intently, while quietly crying. She had been told about Draco’s new mission just a half hour ago. She knew that Voldemort wouldn’t allow him to back out of this, and that the penalty if he tried would be worse than the last time. He had no Snape to protect him this time, no one to take the fall. It was kind of daunting, but in his arrogance, he felt that he couldn’t fail.

Draco snuck away while Lucius turned to speak to Narcissa. “I never thought I’d get away. How can they still be going on about that?” Annoyed, he kicked the new house-elf squarely in the backside. “Out of my way!” he snarled. The house-elf whimpered, clutched its backside, and ran into the kitchen. “Stupid git,” he growled. “I just hate the foul creatures.” He slammed his hand into the door and swore loudly.

“Draco, dear,” called his mother. “You know that I don’t like you using that kind of language. It is so vulgar. I’m hurt, because I thought you had learned to control that part of your apparently deficient personality.”

“Mother, I don’t have a ‘deficient personality’. I just have issues with your bad breath! I can’t stand to be near you! You really need a mint!” Draco stomped on the floor and stormed out of the room. He ran outside into the large courtyard, tripped over a root, and fell flat on his face. He looked for witnesses finding only Crabbe sniggering behind a shrubbery. Draco growled at him before standing up and grabbing him by the collar. “Don’t snigger at me, you brainless git. You do that once more and I’ll curse you!” Draco shook his fist towards his friend and snarled, “Get out of my way!”

It started to rain just as Draco stepped inside to fetch his sunglasses. “Just my luck, I don’t need those sunglasses anymore.” Shrugging, he headed back out the door, planning on taking a walk to wherever he could cause the most trouble by using magic on Muggles without getting noticed. He eventually Apparated to a little remote village by the sea, with tiny houses arranged in rows. He looked around to check if there was anyone near him. A familiar voice caught his ears and he whirled around to see Harry Potter leaning against a tree.

“Evening, Draco. Out for a stroll, I see! What brings you to a Muggle village? I can’t see why you need to be here.”

Draco snarled and began to raise his wand. Harry was much quicker, of course, and sent a spell at him. This time, Draco didn’t land on the ground because the tree branches caught him. Hanging precariously, he dropped to the lower branches and hung toward the earth, nose first. Blood gushed from his nose, just as Harry finally noticed. Draco wiped his nose quickly. He picked himself up, brushed dust off his clothes and resumed his evil plans.

Draco turned to stare at Harry. He found there was nothing and shrugged it off as an idea hit him. “Potter, where are you?” he drawled.

Suddenly Harry jumped out from behind a boulder. “Did I scare you, Malfoy?” Harry held his wand to Draco’s chest. Malfoy slowly moved backwards, attempting to evade anything that could make his enemy cast another spell. He thought about the 3 A’s of Apparition, but couldn’t seem to remember any of them. So he decided to run.

“Coward!” Harry shouted, but Malfoy mumbled, “Acclamation, Agglutination, Asphyxiation- no, it’s three D’s- that’s the three A’s- so, Dehydration, Decontamination and Dodecaphonic. Or was it Dactyl, Depilate and Daffodil? I think I better stop thinking about this, I’m not getting anywhere.”

“Still in your thoughts?” Harry Potter drawled at him. “That’s always been your fault, thinking things. Look where your mother is now, she was probably thinking too much about everything. You’re just like her!” Harry continued to hold his wand aimed at Draco’s heart.

“You have no right to point a wand at me! I have done nothing to you!” Draco took a step back and slowly reached to grasp his bottle of Peruvian Dust Stuff. “So long, Potter!” he sneered. Throwing some of the powder in to the air, Draco disappeared into the blackness… at least he thought so. He had not brought his Columbian Blackness Potion, and thus was now covered in itching red mosquitoes. “Drat!” he cried. “What is wrong with me today?” Harry was doubling over with laughter as Draco scratched at his arm furiously.

“Malfoy,” Harry gasped. “You’ve made my day. Thanks.” With that, he Disapparated with a Pop!, leaving Draco alone with his spots. Desperate to stop the itching, he quickly Apparated back to Malfoy Manor, where he loudly crashed into the rubbish bin because he had missed ‘Destination’.

“Fiddlesticks!” he said loudly. Narcissa poked her head out the window to see what all the noise was about.

“Draco! What on Earth are you doing! I’m practicing my violin! Shh!” She slammed the window shut and poor Draco just cried. Absently he scratched a spot on his nose.

“Stop picking your nose, Draco.” Lucius stood in front of him, appearing disgusted. “You are a disgrace.”

“I’m not picking my nose,” Draco sulked. “I’m scratching.”

“Hmmph,” muttered his father, as he continued to look down at his son’s bad habit. “You’ve never been an honest boy. Why your mother wants to keep you near at Hogwarts is beyond me.” Lucius stalked back into the house, slamming the door in Draco’s face once again.

Suddenly, a spirit appeared beside him. Draco looked at the mysterious being. “Who are you?” He scratched at yet another itchy spot. He wished he could think of something clever to ask her. His brain was strangely muddled but it’s surprising he noticed the spirit at all.

“I am a messenger from the Great Beyond. I have come to help you on your mission.”

“How do you know about my mission?” Draco stared at her. “That’s top secret! Only my parents and the— oh! So you must be the thing the Dark Lord knows about. Why do you come in this spirit form? I must say to you it’s quite conspicuous. Anybody might walk by and see us.”

“No, only you can see me.”

Just at that moment, Draco’s mother appeared in front of him again, her hands on her hips, her face streaked with tears. “Who are you talking to now? I don’t know what to do with you! You’re cracking up!” Narcissa crumpled to the floor and sobbed. Draco ignored her, in his typical self-involved manner, to continue his conversation with the figure standing next to him.

“Shouldn’t you help her?” the figure asked. “She’s obviously part of ‘the mission’!”

“Oh, I suppose I’d better talk to her then.” Draco walked away, but tripped over another rubbish bin. He landed in a pile of moldy old robes and swore loudly. Suddenly, as he attempted to sit up, the robes wrapped themselves around his neck. Draco choked, and tried to disentangle himself from the smelly fabric. He rolled over, gasping, and bumped into the side of a tree which had randomly appeared out of nowhere. “Help!” he cried. “I can’t get these robes off!” But no one came. Draco looked around desperately, but he suddenly found himself alone. “Where did everyone go?” he asked. Then there was darkness.

Draco woke up in his bed to the sound of birds chirping outside his window.

“Hello, sweetie,” said a voice beside him. “Are you OK, dear? Mummy made you breakfast.” Draco rubbed his eyes and saw his mother smiling gently. He sighed in relief. It had been a bad dream.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #17 stats

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:38 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - May 30, 2006 4:31 am (#982 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 17

User
# of Submissions
Snuffles   6
Julie Aronson   35
Puck   59
azi   59
Finn BV   35
Little Ginny   14
Tazzygirl   42
Emily   5
HungarianHorntail11   5
Haymoni   3
geauxtigers   3

Total Submissions: 267
Total Words: 1335
Last Submission Date: #971, May 29, 2006, 3:01 p.m. (Little Ginny)
Total Time to Create Story: 4 days, 14 hours, 15 minutes.

Note that due to a strange change in the WX clock on this server, the time of posting is temporarily set at UTC, seven hours ahead of what it should read. All times in the above statistics reflect the correct time PDT (which is usually Forum time), not the time as written.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Archive of Five Words Stories

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content