HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV)

+3
Puck
Julia H.
Potteraholic
7 posters

Page 35 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty Story #140

Post  Potteraholic Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:44 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Minerv10     figures of speech. Remembering to                

Spoiler:
Great idea, Julia, to mention the craft of writing itself!

Mona, I normally do not read the threads I repost, but for some reason, this thread was chocker-block full of these sorts of marks:

¥ n ~ ß Ω ? ". . ."
... so I am having to skim through the posts to figure out what to put in their place. I posted something about that here in the 'The Trials and Triumphs of the Archiving Process' thread. Has anyone else had that problem, with an abundance of random symbols?

Also, Mona and Julia, have either one of you been in contact with John or Lady Arabella? Neither one of them has posted in the 'Efforts to Archive' threads for a wee while. They both have lots of threads archived... it'd be good to try and finish some of the sections that are halfway, or more than halfway done, and I know some of us have volunteered to repost threads for them. Out of 23 sections, 5 are all done! cheers

Thanks, Mona, re: the image of the prophecy. You know me... I love visuals! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 1003735042 I just wish I had thought of using non-forum smileys sooner, when I reposted other threads. It's amazing what's available online in icon size when you do a Google search for images. I made a thumbnail version of that amazing letter B in your post using the image hosting option on this forum:
Spoiler:
While it makes it smaller, it's pity that a lot of the detail gets lost in the reduction. I'm looking forward to seeing what the 'Snape' guide will look like with the images! Oh, you mentioned something about figuring out how get things in the right place. Do you mean like this:
Spoiler:

Julia, an update about the Re-read of Deathly Hallow pre-DH movie, part 1: I decided to post it in the Read-along section, (added: rather than the 'Movies' section'). Also, I posted all the chapter summaries as separate posts followed by posters' comments, then made an index in the header post listing all the chapter summaries. That seemed to make the most sense to me.

page 59! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 266347159

post left
for
Lavender's

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:29 am; edited 4 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty story #140

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:47 pm

include more information about the

Spoiler:

Wow! You are all doing an amazing job with the archives. Well done! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 3735003615

9 posts left for Lav Lav Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 1003735042
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:55 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Minerv10     assigned topic will bolster her                

Thanks, Verity! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2222139670 But I think that even fewer forum members will notice these reposted threads once Girl Scout cookie season starts. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 464751818

Mona, this was one particularly arduous post to reformat with so many ?s everywhere: (Some were " " and some were ' '. ugh...)
Spoiler:
Two of the poster's quotes I particularly identified with: "Yes, I'm aware that this is insane." "I think my head hurts again..." You can say that again!

post left
for
Lavender's
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:36 pm

results.

Miss Brown is a

My, what an in-depth analysis of the prophecy! I really liked the following phrase: Fortunately, I haven’t seen anyone insist that this was the case as it makes me want to drive my head in a wall. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 1003735042

7 posts left for Lav Lav
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:44 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Minerv10     friendly and helpful classmate. She                

Looks like we'll be done with Story #141 before the day is out tomorrow. As I mentioned in the beginning of this volume, after the 2nd installment of the 'Chronicles of Crookshanks' was posted, I'm no longer going to rush the posting of the finished story and stats. So I could have the story up later on in the week, sometime Wednesday or Thursday, the 28th or 29th.

Verity, half that 'Prophecy' thread is posted, and the other half is a touch less mind-boggling. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 464751818 Then, unless Lady Arabella or John Bumbledore pass along some of their archived threads to me (or some other archivists), I'm done with reposting. We're not at 60% yet... it'd be nice to get more reposted before 2012 arrives.

post left
for
Lavender's
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:55 pm

is always ready to offer

Spoiler:

Yes, 2012 is drawing nearer. Only three months until Christmas! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 1003735042 And more to the point, there are only five more days left in September. I'm beginning to lose hope that my Pottermore email will arrive before the 'end of September'. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2695074146

5 posts left for Lav Lav
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:01 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Minerv10     advice. While impractical at times,                

Maybe this story will be finished even sooner than anticipated! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 464751818 So you still have plenty of time to think of the next story's 1st five words, Verity. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2222139670

And re: Pottermore, I feel your pain. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 3906177977

post left
for
Lavender's
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:22 am

it is much appreciated by

PAH, yes, I wanted to size the image down, but I don't like the loss of detail. Guess I'll have to look for smaller images. I'll be asking you more about it later on the appropriate thread.

That prophecy post made me ROFL. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 1003735042 Especially 'Twiddledum' and 'Twiddledee' and the poster's conclusion that "He (Severus Snape) is the child of parents that have defied him (Severus Snape) three times." Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2222139670

3 more posts for Lav's report

EDIT: PAH, I think that's a good place to end. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508

Last edited by Mona on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty Story

Post  Potteraholic Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:31 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Minerv10     her friends. Miss Brown's participation                

Almost done! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 266347159

post left
for
Lavender's
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:37 am

in class is sometimes impulsive

I see DW just got her Pottermore email!

1 post left for Lav Lav!
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:43 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Minerv10     ; greater self-restraint is strongly encouraged.                

DONE? Are we ready to put this story to bed? Verity and Mona, please let me know what you think via edits in your previous posts. Thanks! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508

Yes, I saw that, too, Verity! That's encouraging! bounce

I think you two have signed off for a while, so, in the interest of saving up on the limited posts left in this thread, I declare this story, #140, officially F I N I S H E D ! As is customary, I will lock this thread temporarily until the story and stats are posted. The story will be up sometime later this week, possibly on Wednesday, but probably on Thursday. Stay tuned! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508

EDIT: Saw your edit, Mona. Thanks! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508

EDIT 2: For anyone who wanted to post comments for the 'FSOTW #3', pleasee wait until Story #140 is posted. Thanks for your patience. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508

0?
post left
for
Lavender's
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XV, Story #140

Post  Potteraholic Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:58 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Minerv10

Potty Five Words: "Professor McGonagall Reports"

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Hogwarts_crest
TRANSFIGURATION
Year 1, June 1992
HARRY POTTER

Mr. Potter's first foray into Transfiguration has been a solid one marked by some substantial achievements as well as some spectacular failures. Consistency is something he'll need to work on if he wants to attain better results next time. His pincushion is still sporting feathers from when he used the wrong incantation on it. However, what he lacks in specific factual knowledge, he makes up for with his willingness to practice and demonstrate new skills for his peers like the spell learned recently, to transform a handkerchief into a bottle of ink.

Mr. Potter is popular with his classmates but succumbs to misbehavior at times, particularly when distracted by his Slytherin classmates outside class time. He will need to use better judgment in the future.

TRANSFIGURATION
Year 1, June 1992
RONALD WEASLEY

Mr. Weasley struggled in the beginning of the year with written work. His homework assignments were lacking in both substance and effort. However, after a few weeks, there was a marked improvement, and if this continues — following the example of his study partner — he is bound to do well in this subject. Occasionally, Mr. Weasley has shown unexpected insight and logical reasoning during spell revision sessions, and his wandwork shows signs of erratic brilliance, which he must learn to control.

Frequent chatting with his friends often results in a cacaphony of chuckles, which is incompatible with concentration. I have often had to remind Mr. Weasley to save his witticisms for after class. Despite this, he is a good student, with great potential.

TRANSFIGURATION
Year 1, June 1992
HERMIONE GRANGER

Miss Granger is a natural at all transfigurative spells, and she has an excellent grasp of both theory and technique. She is keen to answer questions in class and is the only student I've ever taught who has managed to successfully turn a tiny flower pot into a large, beribboned tea cozy on the very first attempt! Quite a remarkable achievement. Miss Granger's essays are well written and well-researched, but could sometimes benefit from some judicious editing.

Miss Granger is a stabilizing influence in class, especially when her own friends are being disruptive. She is an ever-helpful partner to those students who need pointers about good study habits, or assistance with their homework. Her perfectionist attitude, however, may result in Miss Granger overworking herself.

TRANSFIGURATION
Year 1, June 1992
NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM

Mr. Longbottom is determined to do well in Transfiguration and always works hard. However, he lacks confidence, but shouldn't take all missteps to heart, such as the time he transfigured a sheet into a toilet seat. Mr. Longbottom got there in the end; the cast iron cauldron that I asked him to try again to produce, eventually materialized. His written work is full of relevant, interesting information especially with regard to plant transfiguration, but needs to be organized better to avoid future lapses in purpose and composition.

Mr. Longbottom is generally attentive in class, but he can get distracted, especially when his toad, Trevor, just happens to join him in class! Mr. Longbottom is steadfast and diligent
and can make rapid progress with continued effort and application.

TRANSFIGURATION
Year 1, June 1992
DEAN THOMAS

Mr. Thomas is a lively and enthusiastic student. He has made solid progress this year through a combination of scholarship, practice, and luck! His practical work is sometimes imprecise, especially when working alongside Mr. Seamus Finnigan, but his determination to succeed sometimes yields impressive results. Writing essays is an area in which improvement still needs to be made. While his organization is strong, he is a little absent-minded at times, but often illustrates his work with amazingly realistic diagrams.

While Mr. Thomas can be too talkative when practicing spells in class, he only manages to distract the aforementioned Mr. Finnigan, and not the whole class. On the whole he doesn't cause much trouble. He is an affable young man, and a good friend.

TRANSFIGURATION
Year 1, June 1992
SEAMUS FINNIGAN

Mr. Finnigan's progress in Transfiguration has been hampered by his consistent inability to control the outcome of his experiments, which always seem to result in unplanned pyrotechnical displays. However, he is an enthusiastic young man, and doesn't let blasts and blowups stand in his way; he just rolls up his sleeves and gets on with it. Mr. Finnigan's essays would benefit from an inclusion of relevant and more factual information, rather than his recollections of folktales from his childhood.

Although he sometimes inadvertently distracts others with his explosions, Mr. Finnigan is usually well-behaved. He is generally popular with his classmates and enjoys regaling them with elaborate tales of fairy folk, banshees, and selkies. Confining these storytelling sessions to after class is a goal much to be desired. I look forward to its achievement.

TRANSFIGURATION
Year 1, June 1992
DRACO MALFOY

Mr, Malfoy has been achieving fairly good grades, thanks to his natural aptitude for the magical arts and its practical applications. During class, however, he has a tendency to dawdle while practicing the assigned spells. He does not always achieve success on the first try, but he will invariably be productive by lesson's end. His written work, on the other hand, is often lacking in detail and finesse. Anecdotes about his family tree, while interesting, have no place in my essays. More relevant content is expected in future.

Mr. Malfoy has a couple of close friends, but I'd like to see him interact with others, especially people from other houses. He also needs to make more effort with his overall class participation.

TRANSFIGURATION
Year 1, June 1992
VINCENT CRABBE

Mr. Crabbe has to be more prepared for class. He has trouble with even the most basic spells despite patient explanations and repeated opportunities to take remedial classes. Unfortunately, Mr. Crabbe has decided that improving his Gobstones skills is more important than the amelioration of his appalling transfiguration technique. The quality of his written work also leaves much to be desired. His comprehension of Transfiguration theory is especially lacking; the inclusion of rudimentary sketches is a waste of time. Its continued practice is inadvisable.

Mr. Crabbe needs to focus on improving his social skills. Bullying his fellow students whenever he doesn't understand something, a common trait with him, is very unsportsmanlike. Detentions given this year are mainly written tasks and will increase in length, as they've had little or no effect on his behavior.

TRANSFIGURATION
Year 1, June 1992
GREGORY GOYLE

Mr. Goyle has gradually shown progress this year. After some early difficulties with practically every aspect of the curriculum, he made an improvement in basic transfigurative spells, like changing a match into a needle. Naturally, this does not mean he can now rest on his laurels. He must be ever diligent and practice regularly if the improvement is to be sustained. Mr. Goyle's written work tends to be rather cursory and is rarely handed in on time. His handwriting is often illegible or his spelling is unfathomable; one or the other.

When working with others, Mr. Goyle frequently appears to be uninterested in things like teamwork and communication. He would do well to remedy this, forthwith. House points may be his reward.

TRANSFIGURATION
Year 1, June 1992
LAVENDER BROWN

Miss Brown is a conscientious student, working hard to meet the requirements for the subject. Her wandwork is sometimes unsteady. While levitating small objects, she tends to start giggling, causing things to ascend faster than they should. She must learn some self-control in order to achieve more consistent results. Her essays sometimes lack detail, however they do display an unexpected element of originality, especially as regards similes and other as regards similes and other figures of speech. Remembering to include more information about the assigned topic will bolster her results.

Miss Brown is a friendly and helpful classmate. She is always ready to offer advice. While impractical at times, it is much appreciated by her friends. Miss Brown's participation in class is sometimes impulsive; greater self-restraint is strongly encouraged.

* Five Words – Volume 15 Index * 

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XV, Story #140 stats

Post  Potteraholic Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Statistics for Story 140
ordered by first contribution to the story

User  
  # of  
  Submissions  
  Potteraholic     104  
  Verity Weasley     78  
  Mona     47  
  Betelgeuse Black     5  
  Julia H.     22  
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times.

Total Submissions: 256
Total Words: 1280
Last Submission Date:Sept 25, 2011 12:43 am (EST). (Potteraholic)
Total Time to Create Story: 27 days, 17 hours, 36 minutes

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XV, Story #140 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:01 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Post-Story Comments for Story #140, Volume XV,
Potty Five Words: "Professor McGonagall Reports"

This story was written from August 28, 2011 to September 25, 2011. Five writers contributed to the story, which is 1,280 words long. Five of the five writers posted feedback. All times listed are EST.

- Verity Weasley, Sept 29, 2011 9:23 am: Thanks for passing on story-starting privileges, PAH. And thanks for posting Professor McGonagall's reports. You've done a great job with the formatting, as usual. I think they sound very convincing, and they definitely sound like something Professor McGonagall would write, but overall, they weren't quite as much fun to write as Snape's reports. However, I think some of the reports contain a lovely turn of phrase, and it's a shame Muggle teachers can't usually be quite this forthright.

- Mona, Sept 29, 2011 11:00 am: I've no comments yet because I haven't yet read, except well done PAH! Great job with the formatting. It looks very nice. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 266347159

- Potteraholic, Sept 29, 2011 9:34 pm: About 'Professor McGonagall Reports', I agree, Verity, while these reports were fun to write, and sound very much like reports that Minnie McG would write, her assessments, for the most part, are a bit more restrained than Snape's. A bit, but not that much. There were definitely moments where I chuckled imagining Dame Maggie Smith's voice uttering the words we'd written and the pointed expression on her face that would undoubtedly accompany some of those turns of phrases. Quite withering, I'm sure! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 1003735042 Lines like, "Unfortunately, Mr. Crabbe has decided that improving his Gobstones skills is more important than the amelioration of his appalling transfiguration technique," come to mind.

Thanks for mentioning the formatting, Verity and Mona. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508 It was a lot easier this time around... just did some copying of the Snape reports and transfigured some things here and there... and voila! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Smilie_mcgonagall Minne McG reports! [size=10](Thank goodness for Word's FIND/REPLACE feature, right Mona? Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 464751818)

Mona, Sept 29, 2011 11:14 pm: Microsoft Word's Find/Replace - the Muggle formatter's substitute for a magic wand. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 266347159

----------------------

"Professor McGonagall Reports" turned out well, as I knew they would. I had just as much fun writing Minerva McGonagall as Snape, probably because I never tried to restrain her outspokenness!

- Julia H., Oct 1, 2011 1:48 am: Prof. McGonagall's reports look amazing! Well done, PAH! queen

I love taking part in stories like that. It's a fun way to explore the well-known characters in a new light. It is also fun to draw parallels between Hogwarts and real life schools by putting a real life school situation into Hogwarts environment. We could try writing about a regular Hogwarts staff meeting one day (like at the beginning or at the end of the year)... Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 464751818 One thing I noticed in the story: In Lavender's report, levitation is mentioned, which is a Charms skill, not Transfiguration. Apparently, nothing escapes Minerva's attention. LOL.

- Betelgeuse Black , Oct 2, 2011 10:08 am: I finally had a chance to read the McGonagall reports on the first year students. I really thought her intelligence came through in the precision of her word choices. She tries to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but she has little tolerance of foolishness. I can't imagine a modern teacher here in the US getting away with being so forthright. I thought the teacher in her came through in her encouragement of all the students.

Nice formatting, PAH! I'm grateful that you and the other prefects take the time to keep this site fun and engaging. I find it hard to spend much time here so I realize how much effort you and the others put in to keep the fun going. Thanks again to all!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty Story #141

Post  Potteraholic Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:08 am

Story #140 is up! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508

I don't have time to post my comments about it now (and will edit them in later), but I wanted to get the story up before it gets too late in Thailand, since I'm passing story-starting rights to Verity! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508 Verity, when you start the story, would you maybe post an announcement about the finished story and the start of the new story in the Chat thread? Thanks!

Looking forward to the start of our new story, which will be a short one of about 500 words, since this thread is about to end in about 7 pages of 15 posts. Since posts are limited, we will need to do a countdown to keep us on track. It'll be 100 posts, give or take a few, for this story, so Verity, please start off the countdown with 99 posts left. Thanks! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2222139670
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty story #141

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:23 am

Thanks for passing on story-starting privileges, PAH. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508

And thanks for posting Professor McGonagall's reports. You've done a great job with the formatting, as usual. I think they sound very convincing, and they definitely sound like something Professor McGonagall would write, but overall, they weren't quite as much fun to write as Snape's reports. However, I think some of the reports contain a lovely turn of phrase, and it's a shame Muggle teachers can't usually be quite this forthright.

Now on to our next story. When I was trying to think of something we haven't written much about before, I suddenly thought about Cornelius Fudge. We don't really know much about Fudge, or about the whole process of government in the Wizarding World. How is the Minister of Magic appointed? Are there elections? How do wizards vote? Do they have electoral debates or advertisements in the Daily Prophet or on the Wizarding Wireless Network?

I imagine this story is taking place on the day when Fudge comes to power. Since we have a restricted number of posts, this will probably be in the form of Fudge reflecting on the day or recent events, rather than an actual recounting of the events themselves. Sorry to be so prescriptive, but we need to keep to our post limit so I think it helps if we have a specific idea in mind. Within that though, we have free rein.

Here's some info from the Lexicon on Fudge:

Cornelius Fudge was Minister of Magic from 1990 (according to The Quibbler, OP10) until June 1996 when he was replaced by Rufus Scrimgeour. Fudge became Minister of Magic upon Millicent Bagnold’s retirement, since Bartemius Crouch Sr. had lost his shot at the job, and Dumbledore refused the post. At the beginning of his tenure as Minister of Magic, he sent Dumbledore owls frequently, seeking advice about what to do.

Fudge is somewhat weak, swayed by money and addicted to his own position and privilege. Fudge is impressed by wizarding families with pure bloodlines and by generous donations. As a result, he favors people like Lucius Malfoy and looks down on people like the Weasleys. Fudge also believed that the ends could justify the means; Fudge's unquestioning trust and use of the Dementors would be disastrous for the Wizarding world he was charged to protect.

Now to start the story:

Cornelius Fudge sank back into

99 posts left
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:26 am

the ornate and comfortable chair

I have not had a chance to re-read the McGonnagall reports, but I will do so shortly.

BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty Story 141

Post  Mona Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:00 am

in his new office in

I've no comments yet because I haven't yet read, except well done PAH! Great job with the formatting. It looks very nice. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 266347159

97 posts left
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:39 pm

the Ministry. He looked around

96 posts left
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV)

Post  freshwater Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:57 pm

at the dignified portraits of
freshwater
freshwater
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:34 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Cornel10     his predecessors, most of whom                

Verity, re: passing on story-starting to you, my pleasure. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2222139670 And an intriguing idea for a story, at that! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 266347159 Can't wait to see how it turns out... Hopefully it'll be done by Election Day here in the US (Nov. 8, 2011) Hmmm... time to think like a politician... Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 464751818

About 'Professor McGonagall Reports', I agree, Verity, while these reports were fun to write, and sound very much like reports that Minnie McG would write, her assessments, for the most part, are a bit more restrained than Snape's. A bit, but not that much. There were definitely moments where I chuckled imagining Dame Maggie Smith's voice uttering the words we'd written and the pointed expression on her face that would undoubtedly accompany some of those turns of phrases. Quite withering, I'm sure! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 1003735042 Lines like, "
Unfortunately, Mr. Crabbe has decided that improving his Gobstones skills is more important than the amelioration of his appalling transfiguration technique," come to mind.

Thanks for mentioning the formatting, Verity and Mona. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508 It was a lot easier this time around... just did some copying of the Snape reports and transfigured some things here and there... and voila! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Smilie_mcgonagall Minne McG reports! (Thank goodness for Word's FIND/REPLACE feature, right Mona? Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 464751818)

Just a reminder, folks... a 'posts left' countdown is in effect. The thread will end in 6 ½ pages, and we need to stay on track. Thanks for your help! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508

posts left

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty Story 141

Post  Mona Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:14 pm

had been popular and illustrious

Spoiler:

Microsoft Word's Find/Replace - the Muggle formatter's substitute for a magic wand. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 266347159

----------------------

"Professor McGonagall Reports" turned out well, as I knew they would. I had just as much fun writing Minerva McGonagall as Snape, probably because I never tried to restrain her outspokenness!

93 posts left
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:36 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Cornel10     leaders. Unscrolling a roll of                

In her opening post, with this story's first five words, Verity suggested,
"I imagine this story is taking place on the day when Fudge comes to power. Since we have a restricted number of posts, this will probably be in the form of Fudge reflecting on the day or recent events, rather than an actual recounting of the events themselves. Sorry to be so prescriptive, but we need to keep to our post limit so I think it helps if we have a specific idea in mind. Within that though, we have free rein."

Hmmm... if Fudge is reflecting, on his own, presumably, there'll be no other speaking characters, right? So how 'bout we have Fudge writing in his diary/journal/ whatever it's called when famous/important people keep a daily account of their day? (What's the word that's on the tip of my tongue... anyone?) That's what made the most sense to me, hence my words... (In past stories, a character writing something is denoted by italicized words.

Does anyone else have any more comments about 'FSOTW' #3? There's a link to it in the header post, about 2/3 down the post.

posts left
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:00 am

parchment, Fudge began to write.

Good idea PAH! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2752390508

91 posts left
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:47 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Cornel10     30 September 1990

Today begins

The Lexicon just said Fudge became Minister in 1990, but didn't have an exact date. So I picked one... today's. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 2222139670

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Lexicon's info. on Cornelius Fudge.

posts left

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 36 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next