HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI)

+2
Verity Weasley
Potteraholic
6 posters

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 Empty Story #146

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:13 pm

of you should get started

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 2752390508

2 posts left
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 Screen38    . I'll help, if you're stuck."                

And now... for the last 5 words of this story! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 266347159

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:31 pm

"Thanks Hermione. You're a lifesaver!"

How's that for an ending? There's not enough words to show who is saying this, Harry or Ron, but I don't think it really matters.
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 Screen38

I think it's great, Verity! The reader can decide who says it; it's like a little cliffhanger at the end of our vignette. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 464751818

So, that's a wrap, folks! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 2222139670 I declare Story #146, our second 50 posts/250 words story, officially F I N I S H E D ! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 2752390508 The finished story and stats will be posted sometime in the next few days, or so.

As is customary, this thread will be locked until the official story and stats are posted.

Stay tuned! Smile
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XVI, Story #146

Post  Potteraholic Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:14 am

Potty Five Words: "Friendly Chatter"

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were eating lunch in the Great Hall the day after conquering the troll in the toilet. Hermione was trying to explain the Potions essay Professor Snape had assigned them earlier.

"It's quite straightforward," Hermione said encouragingly.

"Are you joking?" Ron spluttered. "Describing the different effects of fluxweed and Glumbumble fluid on the whatchamacallit andβ€”"

"I can show you my answer," Hermione offered, "and then it might make sense." She rolled her eyes. "Honestly, you two."

Harry grinned. "Thanks Hermione. Snape seems to think my work's rubbish no matter what, but it'd be helpful to see what a really good potions essay looks like."

Hermione blushed but looked very pleased. "You can borrow some of my ideas if you like, but don't copy them word for word."

"Thanks!"

The trio returned to the common room.

"Who's your Quidditch team?" Ron asked, unfurling a fresh roll of parchment.

"I don't know yet," Hermione said. "I haven't actually seen any games. I've just read about Quidditch in Hogwarts, A History."

"I haven't seen a game yet either," Harry confided.

"Ron, which team do you support?" Hermione asked brightly.

"Chudley Cannons. They're not the best but they did win the league 21 times, some years ago."

"Cool," Harry interjected, and added, "if they're good enough to do that, they must be brilliant!"

"Well, maybe I'll look them up in the library. Now, I think both of you should get started. I'll help, if you're stuck."

"Thanks Hermione. You're a lifesaver!"

* Five Words – Volume 16 Index * 

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) * 
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XVI, Story #146 stats

Post  Potteraholic Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:17 am

Statistics for Story 146
ordered by first contribution to the story

User  
  # of  
  Submissions  
  Potteraholic   23  
  Verity Weasley     20  
  Mona     7  
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times.

Total Submissions: 50
Total Words: 250
Last Submission Date:Mar 30, 2012 10:31 pm (EST). (Verity Weasley)
Total Time to Create Story: 5 days, 9 hours, 22 minutes

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XVI, Story #146 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:18 am

Post-Story Comments for Story #146, Volume XVI,
Potty Five Words: "Friendly Chatter"

This story was written from March 25, 2012 to March 30, 2012. Three writers contributed to the story, which is 250 words long. --- of the three writers posted feedback. All times listed are EST.

- name, m/d/, 2012 -:-- -m:

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:32 am

Story #146, our second 50 posts/250 words tale, is up! I think it turned out quite well. We managed to fit in a fair amount of canon details into a short vignette: Harry and Ron's difficulties with Potions class, Hermione's love of reading, esp. of Hogwarts, a History, and Ron's devotion to the Chudley Cannons. The trouble was, with limited words, it was sometimes hard to work in dialogue that fit the characters, while being succinct at the same time. (Oh, and there was that time when I forgot where the story was set, but thanks to Mona's vigilance and words, and just moving some words a bit forward in the story, it all worked out in the end.) All in all, I think we wrote a charming little anecdote.

Now, as it's Fred and George's birthday today, and we are due to start a new story and a new thread, what better way to do so, I say, then a story about our favorite twins? However, I am not ready to start the new story right now, as it means I have to start a new thread, and I don't have time at the moment to do the formatting and links needed.

My niece is playing in the local Y's basketball play-offs today, and her team has a good chance of winning the whole thing! Their team t-shirt is purple, so my niece has asked me to wear something purple in support. I have a lilac shirt. She has said that is okay. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 2222139670 I will put up the new thread and story start later, when I get back home. Verity, I know you will be asleep by then (I saw that your were online a few minutes ago, when I started posting the story), but I will post an announcement of this new F & G story in the Chat thread, in honor of the twins' birthday. So you may wake up to find some more posts after my starting one, that gets the story going. *fingers crossed* Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 2752390508

Until then, folks, feel free to post your post-story comments and end-of-thread thoughts here.

Stay tuned!
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI)

Post  Mona Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:35 am

Good luck to your neice, PAH! Like a Star @ heaven

I liked the little sketch. It's nice to read more conversations between our trio Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 3123246341, even if we have to write it ourselves! We did a good job, I think.
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI)

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:44 am

Yes, it was a sweet little story. It was quite a challenge to write dialogue for the trio at this stage of their relationship. JKR really just skipped the whole 'getting to know you' part, but I think we did a good job. This felt like more of a vignette than the first one, probably because it was mostly dialogue, but it felt pretty authentic.

Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 Empty Story #147

Post  Potteraholic Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks for your post-story comments, Mona and Verity! Smile i wonder, since we all seemed to enjoy writing this little vignette, maybe we continue with it in a future story? Or maybe flesh out the dialogue more in the beginning, and then continue? Because I agree, JKR does seem to gloss over the details of the trio's "getting to know you" stage, which I imagine would be quite fun to write... 2 children raised in Muggle homes interacting with one used to all things magical. And then, there are the differences between Harry's and Hermione's Muggle experiences, and Ron could mention Arthur's fondness for Muggle objects... I know what I'll suggest as a story should I get to start another one in the next few stories, or so. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVI) - Page 41 2222139670
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next