HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would-Be Quotes

Go down

Would-Be Quotes Empty Would-Be Quotes

Post  Lady Arabella Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:40 pm

The following is an archive of material originally posted on the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum, hosted by World Crossing, which ceased operations on April 15th, 2011.
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Would-Be Quotes Empty Re: Would-Be Quotes

Post  Lady Arabella Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:41 pm

Would-be Quotes

Lenka - Apr 6, 2003 7:34 am
Edited by Oct 10, 2006 5:24 am
I was just thinking, maybe we could start a page on quotes that you make up. From any of the books, the ones that exist or the ones that don't yet. Just explain when it's happening (it can be something someone sais or just a description of something), and write the quote (well, it isn't REALLY a quote because you're not quoting or anything, but...) Just don't make them too long.

You can put in all double-meaning jokes, all the wise "Dumbledore quotes", or descriptions of places Harry hadn't discovered so far at Hogwarts

Lenka - Apr 6, 2003 7:36 am (#1 of 18)

For example, this is from the Harry Potter and the Inscrutable Witches. Ron and Ellen are fighting about what friends should Ellen have (she has a bit of an affinity with slytherins):

'You can't!'

'Why not?'

'It's just... not right.'

''Cause he's a slytherin? Give me a break.'

Ellen turned on her heel, but Ron caught her by the elbow and forced her to turn around and face him. Harry was shocked to see something like tears on Ellen's face.

'You're not going to.' Ron said, as if the discussion was over.

'It's not his fault he was born into a family like that.' snapped Ellen, he voice strangely hollow.

'You don't understand.' Ron hissed.

'No, YOU don't. You're so...' Ellen cast around for a word '...mediocre!' she wriggled free from his grip and ran away.

'What does THAT mean?' Ron asked as he joined Hermione and Harry.

'It means like... average.' Hermione explained.

'Oh,' said Ron, 'It could have been worse.

Carina - Apr 6, 2003 8:20 am (#2 of 18)
Edited by Apr 6, 2003 12:29 am

Carina - Dec 19, 2002 6:47 pm (#8 of 64) Okay. I've sat on this blurb of a story long enough and because it definitely does not warrant it's own thread, I thought I would tack it onto this one. Keep in mind, I was in a VERY weird mood when I wrote it:

Harry Potter

and the Hat That Talked Back

Harry nervously sat on the stool while hundreds of eyes focused on him, and thought desperately “Not Slytherin, not Slytherin!”

“Not Slytherin, eh?” answered the hat’s tiny voice. “I guess that’s why YOU are not the sorting hat, hmm? That cheeky Granger girl was up here asking to be in Gryffindor. HA! As if she had a choice! And what did I do? I put her in Ravenclaw, which is where she belongs!

Every year, I get these stupid first years who think they know better than I as to where they are best suited. Well, I’m sick of it, I tell you, S-I-C-K, SICK!

As if you, with your eleven wise and wonderful years know anything about anything… and don’t give me that ‘I know math and stuff!’ Please! I have been doing this for hundreds of years, yet every year I get a bunch of snot-nosed twerps who think they know better! Do you think this is Burger King? Do you think you can have it your way? NO! Who do you think you are, trying to tell me how to do my job? HELLO! I’m an ENCHANTED hat! It is my job to look into your head and see where you will best be suited and no amount of whining ‘Please, Gryffindor’ or ‘Not Slytherin’ is going to change that!

If I say you’re in Slytherin, you’re in Slytherin and YOU, my friend, you are SO Slytherin, I wouldn’t be surprised if you broke out in Parseltounge occasionally! You’ll be in Slytherin whether you like it or not, so you might as well get over it and sit your skinny butt down next to that oily Malfoy brat! And on your way over there, you might as well tell that Weasley kid that his mother is going to be severely disappointed in him for not making Gryffindor either! I can tell from here, that boy has Hufflepuff written all over him!

Carina - Apr 6, 2003 8:22 am (#3 of 18)

Is that okay, Ellen?

Caitlin McCoy - Apr 6, 2003 8:26 am (#4 of 18)

**Falls on the floor laughing** Oh, it's too funny, she'll love it!

Lenka - Apr 6, 2003 6:59 pm (#5 of 18)

I decided not to post my next one. So now it's Snitch Weela's turn, I think...

Ellen

Caitlin McCoy - Apr 7, 2003 12:27 am (#6 of 18)

Yeah, Carina go post it for the contest...I don't want to be the last entry.

!!kabloink! - Apr 15, 2003 12:42 am (#7 of 18)

DOn't worry, I will be Harry Potter, Chamber of Secrets, movie-pretty sure its not in the book-i would have remembered it......or maybe I'm just mixed up, anyway.....

Pinky - Apr 15, 2003 12:16 pm (#8 of 18)

Good to see you around again Kim, where've you been? If I can remember rightly (and I have NO idea where I heard this first), Lucius said in an interview that he randomly threw in his line about HP always being around to save the day. By the second time he did this, Daniel had come up with a suitable answer.... and it became film.

!!kabloink! - Apr 15, 2003 8:08 pm (#9 of 18)

Sorry, I've been lurking a bit. I've been really bust with school and work this semester, and I've kind of lost momentum on my fanfic. I've got some ideas for seventh year that I might start posting, seeing as how I have no idea where I'm going with 5th year.....anyway, I'm getting a promotion at work to swing manager, which means more hours, but at least $1/hour raise by the time I'm certified to run the floor. Yay money and McDonald's! Okay enough blathering, sorry to clog up this thread, too.

Liz Mann - Oct 8, 2003 8:14 pm (#10 of 18)

Carina, your Sorting Hat one was hilarious!

Blast - Dec 10, 2003 11:18 pm (#11 of 18)

Wow who would of thought Stan Shurnpike who finally kills YOU KNOW WHO. Yeah all he did was hold a mirror in front of Lord Thingy and the spell reflected and poof. I guess they will make him the Minister of Magic now.

Blast - Dec 13, 2003 5:31 am (#12 of 18)
Edited by Dec 12, 2003 9:32 pm

Okay my faithful Death Eaters there's going to be changes around here. Does everyone have their polyjuice potion ready? Okay Crab you change with Nott, Goyle you change with Malfoy,ect.ect.

Lenka - Dec 13, 2003 9:09 am (#13 of 18)

lol, I liked the last one, Smile

Cliff Hamaker - Jan 7, 2004 3:22 am (#14 of 18)
Edited by Jan 7, 2004 4:34 am

Cliff, I edited out a small portion of your post. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at pinkylexiconfan@yahoo.com

You know I've never really liked Harry all that much. Always neglecting me for some self-proclaimed heroism in the face of mortal peril. Yeah, right. Let's see him catch a field mouse in tall grass. Not as easy as he would think. Especially when it's in that Merlin cursed Forbidden Forest"... "

Yeah. Been there. And I wish Ron would get wise and leave me a dead mouse or two, but then again he never saw the whole Harry and Cho thing... Not much hope there... That and I never do anything good enough for him. You know, I've won the long distance races for the past five years in the Small-Featherweight Division? Does that help? No... All he cares abot is beating Harry. Do you know I can fly more than double the distance from here to the Burrow? I just don't because it makes him mad...

Joost! - Jan 10, 2004 12:17 am (#15 of 18)
Edited by Jan 9, 2004 4:27 pm

OK, I didn't write this myself, I used a transcript of the opening scene of "The Godfather". I found it here (Warning this movie contains violence and explicit language, the story doesn't BTW). It explains Lucius' actions in Chamber of Secrets and reveals something about the relationship between Lucius and the Dark Lord, enjoy:

LUCIUS MALFOY (sitting behind his desk, petting a cat)
Why did you try to kill him yourself? Why didn't you come to me first?

VOLDEMORT
What do you want of me? Tell me anything. But do what I beg you to do.

LUCIUS MALFOY
What is that?

[VOLDEMORT gets up to whisper his request into Don Malfoy's ear]

That I cannot do.

VOLDEMORT
I'll give you anything you ask.

LUCIUS MALFOY
We've known each other many years, but this is the first time you came to me for counsel, for help. I can't remember the last time that you invited me to your house for a cup of tea even though my wife baby-sat your snake when it was fresh from it’s egg. But let's be frank here: you never wanted my friendship. And uh, you were afraid to be in my debt.

VOLDEMORT
I didn't want to get into trouble.

LUCIUS MALFOY
I understand. You found paradise in England, had a good trade, made a good living. The other Death Eaters protected you. And you didn't need a friend of me. But uh, now you come to me and you say -- "Don Malfoy give me justice." -- But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Pineapple. Instead, you come into my house on the day my son is to graduate from his first year at Hogwarts, and you uh ask me to do murder, for money.

VOLDEMORT
I ask you for justice.

LUCIUS MALFOY
That is not justice; you are still alive.

VOLDEMORT
Then he can suffer then, as I suffer. How much shall I pay you?

LUCIUS MALFOY (stands, turning his back toward VOLDEMORT)
Tom... Tom... What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? Had you come to me in friendship, then this boy that ruined you would be suffering this very day. And that by chance if an honest man such as yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.

VOLDEMORT
Be my friend --
(then, after bowing and the Don shrugs)
-- Pineapple?

LUCIUS MALFOY (after VOLDEMORT kisses his hand)
Good. Some day, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But uh, until that day -- accept this justice as a gift on my son’s graduation day.

VOLDEMORT (as he leaves the room) Thank you, Pineapple.

Blast - Apr 4, 2004 10:11 pm (#16 of 18)

'Fawkes is a Norwegion Blue Harry, It looks like it's dead, but it is really just sleeping.'

Ticker - Apr 5, 2004 3:27 pm (#17 of 18)

Blast I want my money back. This bird is dead. (hee, hee)

Julia. - Apr 6, 2004 4:53 am (#18 of 18)

Beautiful plumage the Norwegion Blue.
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down