HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HP Related Trivia (Vol. III)

+10
freshwater
Puck
Mona
Choices
Betelgeuse Black
Solitaire
Verity Weasley
Julia H.
azi
Potteraholic
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 Empty Re: HP Related Trivia (Vol. III)

Post  Betelgeuse Black Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Eeeeek!!!!!! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 793915934

You mean I have to come up with something to quiz y'all on? affraid

Well, I'd better get busy coming up with something. I've been re-reading the series (again) prior to the DH2 movie so hopefully I can come up with something fresh and challenging.

BB HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 4225235429
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Oh, you don't have to make it that challenging. Trust me. HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2353527630
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 Empty The Harry Potter Non-Magical Person Quiz #130

Post  Betelgeuse Black Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:45 pm

The Harry Potter Non-Magical Person Quiz
Below are 17 quotes. I’m asking who said it to whom (or the situation) in which of the books. Some people don’t have proper names established so a description of the person is acceptable (for instance, the waitress in the coffee shop on Tottenham Court Road). In one case, 5 bonus points will be awarded for the proper name since it is so obscure, I’ll be astonished if anyone will remember it. ( I certainly didn’t!)
Scoring: Two points for each part of the answer. Who said it is 2 points. The situation when the statement was made is 2 points. The third part is the book it occurred in for 2 points. 17 questions x 3 parts x 2 points each is 102 total points. It's time for the Ravenclaws to shine! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 3651937787 Let the guessing begin!

1. “Nice right hook, Big D”

2. “Where did the glass go?”

3. “…but the cat’s among the pixies now…”

4. “Only I got about an ‘undred of these at the front desk”

5. “Are you threatening me, sir?”

6. “It’s never open, that place…”

7. “…I can do it at last…They’ve had it coming to them for years…”

8. “If there’s something rotten on the inside, there’s nothing anyone can do about it.”

9. “Will you get these ruddy things off us?”

10. “He scares the other children”

11. “Ditch ginger and come and have a pint!”

12. “Oh well, that’s better than a whack on the nose with a rusty poker.”

13. “Why isn’t he coming with us?”

14. “Why’re you staring at the hedge?”

15. “Perhaps people have been celebrating Bonfire Night early --…” 5 Bonus points here for the proper name of the speaker.

16. “You can do magic! Surely you can sort out—well – anything!”

17. “What the hell is that?”

Good luck to all of you non-magical people out there! Don't worry if you don't know many answers since the quotes are generally short and somewhat obscure.

I wasn't sure what to make the post title so some assistance here is requested. HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2045820042

BB HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 3651937787

Last edited by Betelgeuse Black on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed subject as suggested)
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Here goes nothing! I remembered a fair number of the situations, but I'm not great with names unless they are a major player.

Spoiler:
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Well, here's my try! Some are favorites, so I remember them well. Alas, a few have confunded me!

Spoiler:
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 Empty BB's Q re: post title...

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:41 pm

BB, I think a great name for your original quiz post would be 'The Harry Potter Non-Magical Person Quiz'. Officially, it'll be the 130th quiz in the Archives. I hope that was helpful.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Spoiler:

This was tough, but fun! Thanks for the great quiz! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 1003735042

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : enclosed freshwater's answers in a spoiler box and removed white font~ Potteraholic)
freshwater
freshwater
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 Empty HP Trivia Quiz #130

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi freshwater. HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2752390508 Wasn't sure if you got a chance to try out all the nifty codes available on forumotion, but one of them is a spoiler box. When this forum first opened, azi suggested we use these boxes to post answers to things in since the white font shows up a bit on the screen.

Here is the code for puttings things in a spoiler box; you can put your whole quiz in there, like this:

Code:
[spoiler]freswater's quiz.[/spoiler]
will end up like this:

Spoiler:

That's it! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2222139670
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:46 am

Great quiz, BB. HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2752390508 Here goes!

Spoiler:

OK, now to see what everyone else got. HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2222139670

Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  azi Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:50 am

Yey, new trivia! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2752390508
Spoiler:
azi
azi
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Here are my answers ...

Spoiler:

That was fun ... and quite challenging, too! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2222139670
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:30 am

I'm planning on finishing up this quiz by Saturday. If anyone else wants to have a go, please do so soon. HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 4225235429

BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Here's my attempt -

Spoiler:
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 Empty HP Related Trivia Quiz, Set #4, Quiz/Answers #130

Post  Betelgeuse Black Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:41 am

The Harry Potter Non-Magical Person Quiz

Below are 17 quotes. I’m asking who said it to whom (or the situation) in which of the books. Some people don’t have proper names established so a description of the person is acceptable (for instance, the waitress in the coffee shop on Tottenham Court Road). In one case, 5 bonus points will be awarded for the proper name since it is so obscure, I’ll be astonished if anyone will remember it. ( I certainly didn’t!)
Scoring: Two points for each part of the answer. Who said it is 2 points. The situation when the statement was made is 2 points. The third part is the book it occurred in for 2 points. 17 questions x 3 parts x 2 points each is 102 total points. It's time for the Ravenclaws to shine! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 3651937787 Let the guessing begin!

1. “Nice right hook, Big D”

2. “Where did the glass go?”

3. “…but the cat’s among the pixies now…”

4. “Only I got about an ‘undred of these at the front desk”

5. “Are you threatening me, sir?”

6. “It’s never open, that place…”

7. “…I can do it at last…They’ve had it coming to them for years…”

8. “If there’s something rotten on the inside, there’s nothing anyone can do about it.”

9. “Will you get these ruddy things off us?”

10. “He scares the other children”

11. “Ditch ginger and come and have a pint!”

12. “Oh well, that’s better than a whack on the nose with a rusty poker.”

13. “Why isn’t he coming with us?”

14. “Why’re you staring at the hedge?”

15. “Perhaps people have been celebrating Bonfire Night early --…” 5 Bonus points here for the proper name of the speaker.

16. “You can do magic! Surely you can sort out—well – anything!”

17. “What the hell is that?”

Good luck to all of you non-magical people out there! Don't worry if you don't know many answers since the quotes are generally short and somewhat obscure.

As you probably guessed, I didn’t call this a Muggle Quiz since Arabella Figg and Argus Filch were included and they are squibs.

I was impressed by the knowledge of the books by our esteemed Forum members! I should not be surprised since the quality of discussion in the forum is unmatched. That’s why I like it here!

Congratulations to Freshwater who remembered the weatherman in PS/SS. I certainly didn’t remember that!

The quiz is from quotes: Who said it to whom in which of the books. Some people don’t have proper names established so a description of the person is acceptable. In one case, 5 bonus points will be awarded for the proper name (since I doubt anyone will remember it).

* answers below *
Spoiler:

The winner is Verity Weasley! Congratulations!!

Azi – 86
Verity – 88
Freshwater – 73 (got the bonus!!!).
Solitaire – 80
Puck – 86
Julia H. – 86
Mona - 84

Judging from Verity's last comment on the riddles thread, I think she may be too busy at the moment to run another trivia round. If anyone else would like to do the next one, please post your willingness! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 858139975

BB

* HP Trivia Quizzes Archive * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title, original quiz, and link to HP Trivia Quiz Archive ~ Potteraholic)
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Oh my gosh BB, are you sure? HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 793915934 That was unexpected. The scores were all very close though.

You're right. I'm just flat out at the moment. I've spent the day sealing up boxes ready for the removers tomorrow, and squeezing in a few more things to each one. So, who wants to do a trivia quiz? HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2752390508
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Odo the Hero Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:31 pm

I would be willing to make a new quiz and post it sometime in the next few days, but perhaps someone who hasn't been missing from the forum for the last eight months will want to, in which case they should take precedence. Maybe one of the runners-up from the last quiz?

Odo the Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Odo, if doing the quiz gets you posting again, then I say go for it! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2752390508
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Odo the Hero Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Well, I'll get posting again regardless. But if nobody else expresses an interest by the time I have one written (probably 2 or 3 days, maybe a bit more) I'll put one up; in the meantime, anyone should feel free to put one up or say that they are going to.

Odo the Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:30 am

I look forward to your quiz, Odo! Welcome back! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2752390508
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Odo the Hero Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:48 am

Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to putting this up. All the questions pertain to GoF, mostly to the early part, as that is the book I am in the midst of rereading. I will leave the quiz up for two weeks. Good luck.

1. What is the wizard Archie wearing at the Quidditch World Cup?
2. What two magical creatures are Blast-Ended Skrewts a cross between?
3. What magical creature injured the heads of all three participating schools at the 1792 Triwizard Tournament?
4. What is the Beauxbatons coat of arms, as displayed on the side of the flying carriage?
5. What causes Crookshanks to scratch the occupants of the taxi on the way to Kings Cross?
6. What is the name of the pub in Little Hangleton?
7. What result do Fred and George bet on at the Quidditch World Cup?
8. What is the name of the Durmstrang student who asks Karkaroff for wine and is reprimanded for having spilled food on himself?
9. What does Lee Jordan tie around Harry in the Gryffindor common room after Harry is named as a Triwizard champion?
10. What is notable about the appearance of Committee on Experimental Charms member Gilbert Wimple that is remarked on by Arthur at the Quidditch World Cup?

Odo the Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  azi Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Ok, here goes! HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 2752390508

Spoiler:

That was difficult...a few years ago I'd have done better! Silly brain... HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 464751818
azi
azi
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:10 pm

I have read bits and pieces of GoF more frequently than PS, CoS, PoA, and OP (looking for game topics and hangman quotes), because GoF, HBP, and DH were the only 3 not packed away for the last 2 years. Still, this quiz makes me think I need to do a reread of the WHOLE book ... not just parts of it. LOL Embarassed

My answers
Spoiler:

Okay, now I don't feel so bad. Azi had a lot of the same answers, and she usually does pretty well!
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Here's my try.

Spoiler:

Odo, thanks for putting this one up!
BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 Empty NEW games subfolders...

Post  Potteraholic Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:25 pm

Some things on the Home page have changed...

I noticed that the 20Qs thread was going to end in 5 pages, so I asked Denise to rename the 'Indexed Archives' folder in the Potty Games section to 'Completed Game Threads'. Each Potty Game has its own folder where its completed thread will go, as well as its Archived List of past games and answers (if applicable). So anyone who checks any game's Archived list, look for it in that game's folder.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

HP Related Trivia (Vol. III) - Page 3 Empty HP Related Trivia Quiz, Set #4, Quiz/Answers #131

Post  Odo the Hero Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:48 pm

1. What is the wizard Archie wearing at the Quidditch World Cup?
2. What two magical creatures are Blast-Ended Skrewts a cross between?
3. What magical creature injured the heads of all three participating schools at the 1792 Triwizard Tournament?
4. What is the Beauxbatons coat of arms, as displayed on the side of the flying carriage?
5. What causes Crookshanks to scratch the occupants of the taxi on the way to Kings Cross?
6. What is the name of the pub in Little Hangleton?
7. What result do Fred and George bet on at the Quidditch World Cup?
8. What is the name of the Durmstrang student who asks Karkaroff for wine and is reprimanded for having spilled food on himself?
9. What does Lee Jordan tie around Harry in the Gryffindor common room after Harry is named as a Triwizard champion?
10. What is notable about the appearance of Committee on Experimental Charms member Gilbert Wimple that is remarked on by Arthur at the Quidditch World Cup?Quiz answers and scores:

* answers below *
Spoiler:

Congratulations, Betelgeuse; I look forward to your quiz.

* HP Trivia Quizzes Archive * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title, original quiz (sans answers), and link to HP Trivia Quiz Archive ~ Potteraholic)

Odo the Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next