HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III)

+10
Mona
Verity Weasley
Betelgeuse Black
dizzy lizzy
jose043
azi
Julia H.
Puck
Solitaire
Potteraholic
14 posters

Page 17 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 Empty Re: Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III)

Post  Solitaire Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:03 pm

azi wrote:There must be some U's?

Well ... one, anyway.

-ome/L--e/and/So--al/-ab-ts/o-/Br-t-s-/Mu--les/b-/--l-elm/----ort-- Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 Smiley_emoticons_hangman

Guessed: A B D E L M N O R S T U
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 Empty Re: Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III)

Post  shepherdess Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:08 pm

How about an I?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  azi Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Only one?! My hangman senses aren't working so well today!

We'll get the G's out of the way then. Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 2752390508
azi
azi
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Let's try an F.

FADING BLUE STORM
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Only a couple of each, but they are in critical words. I suppose it is guessable now.

-ome/L-fe/and/So--al/-ab-ts/of/Br-t-s-/Muggles/b-/--l-elm/--g-ort--Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 Smiley_emoticons_hangman

Guessed: A B D E F G L M N O R S T U
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:22 pm

hmmm, don't quite have the last bit without looking it up, so

the "H's" please.
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Good one, Puck! It's totally guessable now.

Home/L-fe/and/So--al/Hab-ts/of/Br-t-sh/Muggles/b-/--lhelm/--g-orth- Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 Smiley_emoticons_hangman

Guessed: A B D E F G H L M N O R S T U
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Okay, I'm confused about the letter 'I'... is it in this hangman puzzle or not?

Here is what I mean:

azi Today at 10:43 am

Any I's, please?

Solitaire Today at 1:36 pm
Only one, Azi, believe it or not!

-o-e/L--e/and/So--al/-ab-ts/o-/Br-t-s-/----les/b-/--l-e--/----ort--

Guessed: A B D E L N O R S T

{Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 1242326132 PAH}But no "I" was placed in the puzzle or the 'Guessed' list.

azi Today at 1:44 pm
I do not.

Erm, any M's?

Solitaire Today at 1:51 pm
We did a bit better with the Ms.

-ome/L--e/and/So--al/-ab-ts/o-/Br-t-s-/M---les/b-/--l-elm/----ort--

Guessed: A B D E L M N O R S T

[Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 1242326132 PAH]Still no "I" placed in the puzzle or the 'Guessed' list.

azi Today at 2:05 pm
There must be some U's?

Solitaire Today at 3:03 pm

azi wrote:There must be some U's?

Well ... one, anyway.

-ome/L--e/and/So--al/-ab-ts/o-/Br-t-s-/Mu--les/b-/--l-elm/----ort--

Guessed: A B D E L M N O R S T U

[Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 1242326132 PAH]Again, no "I".

shepherdess Today at 3:08 pm
How about an I?

azi Today at 3:09 pm
Only one?! My hangman senses aren't working so well today!

We'll get the G's out of the way then.

Julia H. Today at 3:23 pm
Let's try an F.

FADING BLUE STORM

Solitaire Today at 5:05 pm
Only a couple of each, but they are in critical words. I suppose it is guessable now.

-ome/L-fe/and/So--al/-ab-ts/of/Br-t-s-/Muggles/b-/--l-elm/--g-ort--

Guessed: A B D E F G L M N O R S T U

[Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 1242326132 PAH]Still no "I" placed in the puzzle or in the 'Guessed' list. First azi asked for it, then shepherdess. What else could the following words be, if there is no "I"? (Or 5 of them, at least?)

Spoiler:
someone or other?

This is not an actual guess, as I have no time to run a Hangman, but some letters seem to have not been updated. Just thought I'd mention it, to help those who can run the next game. Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 2752390508

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Okay ... I can see now that I screwed up big time back there. For some reason, I mixed up Azi's request for an I with PAH's request for an N and my brain "saw" Azi requesting an N. I totally missed the request for an I (as you can see by the fact that I never added the I to the "Guessed" list). I am SO sorry. And I didn't see Shepherdess's post at all, despite the fact that I check have two windows open when I am doing this and generally look at all of the "new" posts twice.

Since I KNOW I look very carefully at what is in front of me, either I am having computer issues and not always getting all of the posts (this is happening to me as well as a couple of others on a different board ... posts are being "combined") or I need to stop playing this game for a while. Perhaps the latter. Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 3276373137

Home/Life/and/So-ial/Habits/of/British/Muggles/b-/-ilhelm/-ig-orth- Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 Smiley_emoticons_hangman

Guessed: A B D E F G H I L M N O R S T U

I think I got everything everyone guessed. Now I'm afraid to post it!

Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:17 am

The "Y", please.

((Soli)) It was a simple mistake. No biggie. Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 2752390508
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks, Puck. It's very embarrassing. Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 Smiley-hiding-hole

Home/Life/and/So-ial/Habits/of/British/Muggles/by/-ilhelm/-ig-orthy Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 Smiley_emoticons_hangman

Guessed: A B D E F G H I L M N O R S T U Y
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Any W's?
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Yes, there are ... and that nearly completes the puzzle! Smile

Home/Life/and/So-ial/Habits/of/British/Muggles/by/Wilhelm/Wigworthy Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 Smiley_emoticons_hangman

Guessed: A B D E F G H I L M N O R S T U W Y
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:52 pm

{{{Soli}}} - no need in the world to be embarrassed. These games are supposed to be fun, but are getting a bit nit-picky and that is taking a lot of the fun out of them. Maybe we should all just relax and let the enjoyment return to these games. Everybody makes mistakes - I say, no big deal!
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Choices wrote:These games are supposed to be fun, but are getting a bit nit-picky and that is taking a lot of the fun out of them. Maybe we should all just relax and let the enjoyment return to these games. Everybody makes mistakes - I say, no big deal!
Sorry if asking about the status of the letter "I" was being "nit-picky", but as I was trying to figure out what some of the words could be without an "I" in them, it was rather puzzling and thought I'd ask for clarification. My bad, I guess.

I'll go ahead and ask for a C, and the next poster can do the honors... Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 2752390508
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:52 pm

Home/Life/and/Social/Habits/of/British/Muggles/by/Wilhelm/Wigworthy Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 Smiley_emoticons_hangman

Guessed: A B C D E F G H I L M N O R S T U W Y

Whoever wants to do the honors, please go for it! rendeer
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:06 pm

When I posted my request for an I, it was just a few moments after Soli updated the puzzle. I think what happened was that after updating, she didn't immediately leave the thread (or forum). By the time she actually left, I had posted my message, but in Soli's account, Forumotion MAR'd all the messages that had been posted in that thread up to the time she left--including mine. So when she went back in and checked the new posts mine was on included in that group, so she didn't see it.

I find this happens to me frequently in the chat thread. I'll be reading posts and have to leave for some reason, and leave it open thinking I'm coming right back. When I eventually do get back (and re-login) it takes me to new messages and people are responding to messages that I hadn't seen. Then I'm sitting there going "what are they talking about?". But when I go back to the previous page, I find all the messages that were posted on that page before I was logged out and were MAR'd automatically.

So it was technical issue rather than an error on Soli's part. And since the I wasn't added to the puzzle, PAH had a valid reason for asking what happened to it.

I think we're all mature enough to not be seriously injured by this. Lol.
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Shepherdess, thanks for the explanation. A lot of times, I wonder what the heck happened and how I managed to miss posts. Now I get it!
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:36 pm

shepherdess wrote:...Forumotion MAR'd all the messages that had been posted...
Thanks for the explanation shepherdess. Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 2752390508 Quick question... what does MAR stand for? Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 1242326132

I guess because of Five Words, scrolling back and looking at previous posts is second nature to me... I've go to so that I have some idea what five words to post next that make sense to move the story along. LOL, or not as the case may be, as folks have said they were stumped as to what to follow-up my words with, even though it seemed crystal clear to me. Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 1003735042
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm sorry, PAH. MAR is Mark As Read. If there are ten posts on a page and you read the first two, all ten will be marked as read. Then when you come back, it will take you to the eleventh message as if that was the first unread message you have.
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 am

Would someone please finish this game and begin a new one? Thanks! Smile
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  azi Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:31 am

Ok, I'll bite since I'm in all day. Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 2752390508

Home/Life/and/Social/Habits/of/British/Muggles/by/Wilhelm/Wigworthy

I was totally stumped on those last two words! Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 1003735042

I guess I may as well start a new hangman now...

' _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ , _ _ _ _ _ _ , ' ...

Happy guessing! Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 2752390508
azi
azi
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:18 am

Let's start at the beginning - with an A. Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. III) - Page 17 2752390508
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  azi Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:43 am

A's for Julia...

' _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ / _ a _ / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ / a _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ , _ _ a _ _ _ , ' ...

Guessed - A
azi
azi
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:52 am

How about an E, please?
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next