HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II)

+12
HungarianHorntail11
Ludicrous Patents Office
Dryleaves
Betelgeuse Black
Madam Pince
azi
Lady Arabella
Choices
Julia H.
Verity Weasley
Puck
Potteraholic
16 posters

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 Empty Archive of HP Riddles, Set #49, Riddle/Answer #481

Post  Julia H. Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:13 am

Interested in the arcane?
We have powers hard to explain.
Symbols of a recondite force,
Mysterious we are, of course.
Pleasure at home, useful at work -
Please, refrain from going berserk.

An open mind or a mad mind?
Unconventionally inclined?
We may be just odd and strange -
We can make for a nice change.
We can ignore any spell.
We can make him proud as well.

Who or what are we?

Well, the riddle has been solved! Great guesses, Puck and Lady Arabella, but the answer is neither centaurs, nor fathers. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2752390508

Verity's got it, however! Congratulations! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2222139670Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2942856553 The answer is indeed ...
* answers below *
Spoiler:

Well done, Verity! I look forward to your next riddle! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2752390508

• HP Riddles Archive •  

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title for HP Riddles Archives, inserted original riddle, and added spoiler box, and a link to the Riddles Archive. ~Potteraholic)
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 Empty Re: Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II)

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:53 am

Wow, thanks Julia! That was unexpected. It was a great idea for a riddle. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2752390508

Here's the new riddle. Short and sweet, with apologies to William Shakespeare.

Double, double, trap and trouble
Commotion that's abominable

Let the guessing commence! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2222139670
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 Empty Re: Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II)

Post  Choices Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Is it the Weasleys trapped in the Dursley's boarded up fireplace?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Ooh, good guess Choices. I can see how it could fit, but that's not the answer yet.

Guessed: the Weasley's trapped in the Dursley's fireplace
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Is it Fred and George's fireworks display?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:32 pm

No Choices, it's not Fred and George's fireworks display, but you're definitely heading in the right direction. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630

Guessed: the Weasley's trapped in the Dursley's fireplace, Fred and George's fireworks display
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Would it be the Seven Potters? Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2134391180

BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm thinking it's all the noise the twins made inventing while holed up in their bedroom. Lots of bangs and booms, according to Ron. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:16 pm

Thanks for the guesses, Puck and BB. You haven't found the answer yet, but Puck is on the right track. You have correctly identified the meaning of one of the 'doubles'.

Guessed: the Weasley's trapped in the Dursley's fireplace, Fred and George's fireworks display, the Seven Potters, all the noise Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630 make inventing stuff in their bedroom
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:46 am

How about the enchantment in Bella's vault that multiplies everything during a burglary?
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:51 am

Thanks for the guess Julia, but no, it is not the enchantment in Bella's vault. Keep guessing please! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2752390508

Guessed: the Weasley's trapped in the Dursley's fireplace, Fred and George's fireworks display, the Seven Potters, all the noise Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630 make inventing stuff in their bedroom, the enchantment in Bella's vault that multiplies everything during a burglary
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:17 am

How about the twins shoving what's-his-name (Montague?) into the vanishing cabinet?
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:45 am

Another good guess Puck, but still not the right one. Fred and George did get up to a lot of mischief, didn't they. I'll try and think of a hint.

Guessed: the Weasley's trapped in the Dursley's fireplace, Fred and George's fireworks display, the Seven Potters, all the noise Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630 make inventing stuff in their bedroom, the enchantment in Bella's vault that multiplies everything during a burglary, Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630 shoving Montague into the vanishing cabinet.
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:47 am

Muffliato?
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Could it be Fluffy guarding the trapdoor?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Grasping at straws here. The only "abominable commotion" I can think of is Mrs. Black's portrait at Grimmauld Place - and it is kind of "trapped and causing trouble" as well. But how that fits with the Weasley twins, I have no idea!
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:27 pm

"Abominable" makes me think of snowmen and I then think of Ron and Hermione visiting the Shrieking Shack and being attacked by Malfoy and his co-horts. Then Harry lobs snowballs at them and they run away hollering in fright. Could that be the answer?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks for the new guesses, but no one has the answer yet. You have to bear in mind that I chose the word 'abominable' because it almost rhymes with trouble, and 'bubble' which is the only other rhyming word I could think of, definitely has nothing to do with the answer! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 1003735042 I have added a hint but I'm afraid I couldn't make it poetic at all.

Edited to add Choices guess. I like your line of thinking, but it's not the answer I'm afraid.

Hint: Shy? We'll fix that.

Guessed: the Weasley's trapped in the Dursley's fireplace, Fred and George's fireworks display, the Seven Potters, all the noise Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630 make inventing stuff in their bedroom, the enchantment in Bella's vault that multiplies everything during a burglary, Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630 shoving Montague into the vanishing cabinet, muffliato, Fluffy guarding the trapdoor, Mrs Black's portrait, Harry lobbing snowballs at Malfoy and his cronies.
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Could it be a love potion from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes (Romilda Vane)? Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630

Come to think of it, do we know for sure that the chocolate cauldrons came from WWW?

BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:24 am

BB, it's not a love potion from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, but you are getting very close now. I have a feeling it could go off at any time. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 464751818

Hint: Shy? We'll fix that.

Guessed: the Weasley's trapped in the Dursley's fireplace, Fred and George's fireworks display, the Seven Potters, all the noise Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630 make inventing stuff in their bedroom, the enchantment in Bella's vault that multiplies everything during a burglary, Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2353527630 shoving Montague into the vanishing cabinet, muffliato, Fluffy guarding the trapdoor, Mrs Black's portrait, Harry lobbing snowballs at Malfoy and his cronies, a love potion from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:13 pm

A decoy detonator?

Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 Empty Archive of HP Riddles, Set #49, Riddle/Answer #482

Post  Verity Weasley Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Congratulations Puck! You have the answer. It is indeed ...
* answers below *
Spoiler:

• HP Riddles Archive •  

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added post title for HP Riddles Archives, inserted original riddle, and added spoiler box, and a link to the Riddles Archive. ~Potteraholic)
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:21 am

Okay, I have thought of one! (I had one ready for a couple of weeks, but didn't write it down, and now can't remember the answer, never mind the riddle. So, starting from scratch I present you with the following.)

Batman and Robin -comic cartoons,
Give a feeling of being over the moon.
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 am

Animagi?

BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Intriguing riddle Puck. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 9 2752390508 I'll guess Luna Lovegood.
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next