HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If JKR writes another HP book.....what should the title be?

Go down

If JKR writes another HP book.....what should the title be? Empty If JKR writes another HP book.....what should the title be?

Post  Elanor Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:45 am

Survey: If JKR writes another HP book.....what should the title be? (started 1/3/10)

This topic serves as an archive of a thread from the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum as hosted on World Crossing which ceased operation on April 15, 2011. Elanor

freshwater - Jan 3, 2010 1:42 pm
Edited by Potteraholic Mar 26, 2010 12:22 pm
There's been a bit of discussion on the You Know You're a Harry Potter/Lexicon Forum Fan When thread about the possibility of another book from JKR. Soul Search posted "I don't want to write any more Hogwarts books," Rowling said .... But then I suggested that her comment might be specific to "Hogwarts" books, and that maybe we'd get even so much as a fund-raising short story like "Harry Potter and the Auror Files"....or Auror Conspiracy....or Auror Wars....or that she'll never ask me for title suggestions.

Anyway, if JKR were to write a short story to raise money for a good cause, what title would you like to see?

A brief synopsis of the plot would be fun to see, too, but is not necessary. For example:

"Harry Potter and the Auror Files".....a week (month?) in the life of young Auror Potter as he struggles to solve a mystery involving stolen potions ingredients, all involving dragon parts (we get to see more of Charlie!).

Edited to add the start date in the title, for uniformity's sake.
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

If JKR writes another HP book.....what should the title be? Empty If JKR writes another HP book.....what should the title be? (Post 1 to 35)

Post  Elanor Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:46 am

Solitaire - Jan 3, 2010 3:24 pm (#1 of 35)
Harry Potter and the Three Little Potters -- hehe This could detail Harry and Ginny's adventures in parenting three Wizard kids!

Tales from the Potterverse -- This one would be a collection of short stories featuring various Witches and Wizards from Harry's past and present.

Potters and Weasleys and Lupins, Oh, My! -- This one would feature tales involving the next generations of the three families.

Harry Potter and the Evil Dragon-Mills -- In this one, Harry, Charlie Weasley, and Hagrid work tirelessly with the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures to close down illegal backyard Dragon-breeding mills and recover some dangerous escaped Dragons.

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 3, 2010 5:24 pm (#2 of 35)

Personally, I want more than just a short story - I want details and I think it should be called something like "Harry Potter: The Rest of the Story".

- - - - - - - - - -
Solitaire - Jan 3, 2010 9:18 pm (#3 of 35)

I would really be happy if she ever wrote Hogwarts: A History. I hope her comment doesn't mean she has nixed that! I've kind of been counting on it!

- - - - - - - - - -
Lady Arabella - Jan 4, 2010 5:28 pm (#4 of 35)

I’d like to read The Marauders: The Next Generation. Back on the discussion thread for DH Epilogue, wolfgirl wrote: " . . . and Scorpius and ASP were to become the best of friends...And the next generation of the Mauraders is born...Sting, Viper, _____and_____. "

I always thought that sounded as if it could be wildly funny, especially after reading a fanfic where little Scorpius Malfoy makes some new friends on the Hogwarts Express, including Al Potter.

And of course I would read Hogwarts: A History.

- - - - - - - - - -
freshwater - Jan 4, 2010 6:19 pm (#5 of 35)

I like your idea, Choices....but I would call it "Harry Potter and the Story that Never Ends".

- - - - - - - - - -
mona amon - Jan 4, 2010 10:01 pm (#6 of 35)

I like all the suggestions so far.

Mine is, "The Secret Life of Severus Snape".

- - - - - - - - - -
Choices - Jan 5, 2010 9:33 am (#7 of 35)

Freshwater, I like your idea because that is what I want - a neverending HP story. :-)

- - - - - - - - - -
freshwater - Jan 5, 2010 10:10 pm (#8 of 35)

I must confess that my tricksy w/Choices title was not an original idea....I regularly listen to a podcast: Potter Fic Weekly, whose motto is "Welcome to the place where the story never ends." It's surprising how comforting those words can be....

Potter Fic Weekly (.com w/o spaces) is an informal --and usually hilarious-- discussion of pre-scheduled HP fanfics, usually multi-chapter novels. It can be downloads from itunes....if you don't do anything else, at least listen to episode 39, where they discuss (and nearly re-read) The Naked Quidditch Match.

Oh, one more thing....they don't produce weekly....more like 2-3 times every 2 months.

- - - - - - - - - -
legolas returns - Jan 6, 2010 10:32 am (#9 of 35)

Harry Potter (or not Harry Potter at all)and the guaranteed sell out book that will make you even richer, so get on with it JKR

Perhaps a little harsh....

- - - - - - - - - -
journeymom - Jan 6, 2010 5:21 pm (#10 of 35)

if you don't do anything else, at least listen to episode 39, where they discuss (and nearly re-read) The Naked Quidditch Match.

That I may have to do. Naked Quidditch Match is one of my all time favorites.

- - - - - - - - - -
HungarianHorntail11 - Jan 17, 2010 6:22 pm (#11 of 35)

Harry Potter and the Secret Legend of Grindewald.

(Though I must admit, Naked Quidditch Match is a tough act to follow! )

- - - - - - - - - -
Hieronymus Graubart - Jan 18, 2010 12:47 am (#12 of 35)

I can not imagine what i still want to read about Harry (although everything would be welcome), this story seems to be finished.

But what I really want is "Hermione Granger and the Interspecies Treaty" about anything Hermione did at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.

And, of course "Hogwarts in the year of war", starring Neville, Luna and Ginny. (Nice oppurtunity to show us some "good" Slytherins who had special reasons not to join the DA. I was so disapointed when there were no Slytherin Colours in the Room of Requirements.)

- - - - - - - - - -
Julia H. - Jan 18, 2010 6:32 am (#13 of 35)

Severus Snape and the Third Chance

... in which we would find out what happened to Snape while the Trio believed him to be dead, but he in fact survived.

- - - - - - - - - -
freshwater - Jan 18, 2010 8:29 am (#14 of 35)

Oooooooo! I LIKE the idea of good Slytherin's operating undercover at Hogwarts during "Hogwarts in the Year of War"!

And having yet one more twist in the life that is Severus Snape's would be delicious! How do you survive the venomous bite of a giant snake? Well....he is a potions master....perhaps he'd been dosing himself with anti-venom for years in preparation for just such an occasion.....he probaby got the idea from the Dread Pirate Roberts of Princess Bride fame. Yep, Snape as secret fanboy of The Princess Bride....I like it.

- - - - - - - - - -
me and my shadow 813 - Jan 19, 2010 1:36 pm (#15 of 35)

freshwater, that is priceless! I adore the scene in Princess Bride with the poisoned cup debate -- LOL! If Westley could do it so could Severus.

- - - - - - - - - -
PeskyPixie - Jan 25, 2010 6:04 pm (#16 of 35)

Mona, shouldn't it be, The Secret Lives of Severus Snape. The man was a triple-crossing spy with a broken heart after all.

I'd like to read something by Rita Skeeter. Ronald B. Weasley: Sidekick or Secret Spy?

- - - - - - - - - -
mona amon - Jan 26, 2010 6:50 am (#17 of 35)

Sure, Shadow. The more the merrier, and I'd love to read them all.

- - - - - - - - - -
Orion - Jan 26, 2010 10:24 am (#18 of 35)

"Sorry I didn't mean it: The second half of DH revisited"

- - - - - - - - - -
me and my shadow 813 - Jan 26, 2010 1:32 pm (#19 of 35)

LOL Orion! Please expound on the revisions you'd like to see!

Mona, I think you were responding to Pesky...?

- - - - - - - - - -
mona amon - Jan 27, 2010 8:17 am (#20 of 35)

Oops, that right! I wonder why I called Pesky Shadow!

- - - - - - - - - -
PeskyPixie - Jan 27, 2010 9:47 am (#21 of 35)

LOL, I'll take it as a compliment!

- - - - - - - - - -
Orion - Jan 27, 2010 12:38 pm (#22 of 35)

Ooh, how nice - to be called Shadow!

Shadow, easy: Nobody dies and the DEs become reformed characters. There's also lots of stuff I'd like to do with time turners. Okay, okay, they've been destroyed but once you made them, you can make them again. There's surely a book on them in the library. First of all: The dodo. Then the sabre toothed tigre and so on. Welcome back cruel and unusual fauna.

- - - - - - - - - -
PeskyPixie - Jan 27, 2010 12:40 pm (#23 of 35)

How about some dinosaurs? I'd love to see some firsthand.

- - - - - - - - - -
me and my shadow 813 - Jan 27, 2010 3:14 pm (#24 of 35)

Aw shucks you guys!

Okay, Orion... so not enough people died for you? Wow, you're hard core! I just watched Stephen King's The Stand last night and was mad at him for killing nearly everyone off. I'd read the book years ago but had forgotten what a merciless killer he was. So perhaps you'd like it

I would loooooove to have had more Time-Turners but from a realistic standpoint, if they were not destroyed and/or she reintroduced them then the plot would not really be able to exist because then *everything* that was awful could be undone. IMO it would have been a mess, and there would have been so much of this sort of thing from readers: "Why didn't Harry just use the Time-Turner?"

- - - - - - - - - -
Orion - Jan 27, 2010 3:25 pm (#25 of 35)

Shadow, there might be a misunderstanding... or you are being ironic? What I meant was "I'd like to see the second half of DH without the bloodbath and the meaningless, stupid deaths and I'd love to see how all the DEs become reformed characters, maybe because somebody invents an enlightenment spell, "Satorio" or something???" Sorry about the misunderstanding! I just hate it if people die in novels. It's enough if they do that in real life. There's always an alternative to war, that's what DH doesn't show, IMO.

- - - - - - - - - -
me and my shadow 813 - Jan 27, 2010 3:45 pm (#26 of 35)

Okay, got it now. I realize now I asked you what you ~wish~ to see rather than what you felt was wrong with it. Maybe I need another cup of coffee...or perhaps I've had too much and my eyeballs are vibrating too fast. heh heh

So, yeah, I totally agree, Orion. Too many deaths, not enough reformation!

- - - - - - - - - -
Julia H. - Jan 27, 2010 5:52 pm (#27 of 35)

I agree with Orion, too. DH revisited with all the remaining good characters surviving would be a book I would like to read as well!

- - - - - - - - - -
PeskyPixie - Jan 27, 2010 6:47 pm (#28 of 35)

I just want Dolohov to be toast! It ticks me off each time I think that poor Teddy is orphaned, George is twinless, Severus needs to be scraped off the floor of the Shrieking Shack, and this creep is planning his revenge in Azkaban. (I don't know why I hate this particular Death Eater so much - I just do!).

- - - - - - - - - -
legolas returns - Jan 28, 2010 1:06 am (#29 of 35)

At least Bellatrix croacked-Go Mrs Weasley!

- - - - - - - - - -
me and my shadow 813 - Jan 28, 2010 11:31 am (#30 of 35)

Mollywobbles rocks!

- - - - - - - - - -
PeskyPixie - Jan 28, 2010 11:48 am (#31 of 35)

'Mollywobbles.' ***snickers*** That always puts me in a great mood.

I'll bet she'd be a formidable patronus!

- - - - - - - - - -
Thom Matheson - Jan 30, 2010 6:49 pm (#32 of 35)

There you go Pesky. HP and the Patronus Wars

- - - - - - - - - -
Chemyst - Jan 30, 2010 8:53 pm (#33 of 35)

The Singular Love of Luna Lovegood
The Extraordinary Journeys of a Witch Who Lived Up to her Name

- - - - - - - - - -
freshwater - Feb 2, 2010 8:59 am (#34 of 35)

Chemyst, your post inspired me to consider Luna and her future career. I'd like to see a book where Luna returns to Hogwarts --after many years of field research and Hagrid's joyful retirement-- as the Care of Magical Creatures professor.....or maybe she could just stand in for Hagrid while he takes a sabbatical....or a honeymoon.

But what should we call it? Hmmmmm...if she'd take a turn in each of the different classes --Divination could be a hoot w/Luna!-- we could call it "Luna Lovegood and the Year of Substitution".

- - - - - - - - - -
PeskyPixie - Feb 5, 2010 4:05 pm (#35 of 35)

Cute, Thom. I think it would be a great 8th book.
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down