HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive of Five Words Stories

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #16

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:32 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - May 24, 2006 10:39 pm (#694 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Tale of the Occamy"

Harry was pacing nervously around waiting and wondering for the owl, which should have arrived an hour ago. He glanced down at his watch as it ticked, slowly, as if it were punishing him for something. A dark shape loomed on the horizon. Harry squinted to see what it was. As the shape grew larger, he realized it couldn’t be an owl, but was something much more dangerous. “It’s an Occamy! Why is it this creature has such a bad reputation?”

Suddenly the Occamy dived down, as if struck by a stunning spell. Harry watched it spiral towards him. His eyes widened as he realized the Occamy was in grave peril of crashing into his head. Harry instinctively ducked, but the Occamy continued on straight toward him. Harry lifted his head just in time to see it glide gracefully to the ground.

The massive creature looked up and said, “Good evening, Harry. Sorry if I startled you there. I have a message from your Aunt Petunia, ordering you to remove the rest of your things from her house.”

“What? But I took everything already.”

The creature stretched and said, “You didn’t take the things you left in the cupboard under the stairs.” The Occamy shrugged his wings and took off without another word.

Harry wondered when his aunt started interacting with the wizarding world. And an Occamy in any circumstance seemed extreme. Closing that part of his life was more difficult than he imagined it could be. Closing the window, Harry pondered the life he could have had without Voldemort. Suddenly, he felt a curious freedom. He took his broom out of the wardrobe and walked outside to take flight and head to Godric’s Hollow.

He mounted his broom, and took off, enjoying the sensation of the wind whirling through his hair. Flying towards Godric’s Hollow made him remember the first time he held a snitch in his hand. Or rather, his mouth, as that was how he’d actually gotten it. Down below, street lights dotted the landscape. He remembered other eventful nights, but tried to push them aside as he slowly descended toward the house where all the light seemed to be shining brightly.

Landing softly, he walked toward the front door, which had opened the moment he had landed. Aunt Petunia looked at him, a slight frown on her face.

“Your mother left these things with me and I want to give them back to you so shut up and listen!”

Petunia wanted nothing more than to get rid of the objects which were of disgusting wizarding origin. Living in this house was bad enough, but since Number 4 Privet Drive exploded as Harry and Petunia were reacting to Dudley suddenly turning into a chicken. (He had just crossed the road and someone had asked him, “Why did you take that ‘custard’ cream when the Weasley brothers had clearly planted it on the table? The gluttony!") Uncle Vernon was on the front stoop, scowling madly.

“Well, get on your way! You’re not welcome!”

Harry scoffed at Vernon, and said, “I’ve been counting down the moments until I’d never have to see you again. I only came because Aunt Petunia insisted. If she left me alone, I’d gladly stay away from you forever. Let’s say I-”

But Harry was interrupted by a noise which came from within the kitchen.

“Diddykins, what’s the matter?” shrieked Aunt Petunia. Dudley was prone to falling over these days, due to the fact he suffered previously unknown side effects from the curly pig’s tail Hagrid gave him way back in the hut. Harry peered through into the kitchen to see Dudley lying on the floor. “My baby!” screamed Petunia. She dashed forwards with her arms outstretched, sobbing and screaming for Vernon to help.

“Don’t just stand there boy!” yelled Vernon, pointing at Harry. “This must be your doing, with your un-naturalness! Get over here now and fix him!” Harry sighed but walked over towards the tableau. He drew his wand, but before he had said anything, Uncle Vernon exploded again. “Put that thing away, you freak! Someone might see you! The last thing we need is another incident with you and those weirdos from your school!”

“How do you expect me to help if I can’t use my wand?” Harry shouted. “If it’s magical you automatically hate it, what do you want from me!” Exasperated, Harry stormed outside, in order to return home, where hopefully that owl was waiting with good news from Ginny. He looked up into the light of the Singing Lamppost and saw the shadow of an owl flying in quickly. Harry waited until it had landed then quickly removed the message from its beak. He smiled as he read the message.

Dear Harry,

I can’t wait to see you next time you visit me! I really miss you. Bill and Fleur loved their honeymoon in Hawaii. Ron’s injuries are healing nicely and he and Hermione are planning to accompany you next week when you go to see your old friend, Tom. I hope you will take me along so I can meet Tom too! I always wished to meet him personally, I’ve heard so much about him.

Write back soon,
Ginny

The letter was finished with a picture of her waving, while on holiday in France with Gabrielle Delacour, with whom she had become close friends.

Harry jumped back on his broom and realized he didn’t find out why Petunia was able to use magical creatures. Harry wasn’t sure he dared to go back and ask about it. His curiosity overcame him, but as he was getting off the broom a second time the Occamy knocked him over.

“Sorry about that,” said the Occamy.

“How do you know my aunt?”

The Occamy’s reply was:

“I met her and her sister at a ball in honor of Annapurna Patil, who lived as an au pair girl in Professor Dumbledore’s house, in his brother’s flat. Ms. Patil had retired earlier that same year from her job as a Wizengamot judge in favor of a more exciting position. Can you imagine my surprise when she left home to become associated with the greatest living wizard! An amazing man he was, too. He knew Lily back when he was just starting his plans to reform Muggle-wizard relations. That’s where Petunia and I met. Now I need to warn you about Tom. He may seem a simple barman but he’s actually a thief like Mundungus Fletcher!”

Harry was shocked. He knew that people were often not how they seem, but to accuse Tom of being a thief without proof seemed a little extreme! “You’re talking a load of rubbish!” snapped Harry. Tom would never get involved with shady dealings.” He turned on his heel and flew back home. Rage still seethed through him as he prepared himself to collect Ginny and his other friends to go visit Tom. He would be late, but that couldn’t be helped. Ginny would understand when he explained.

Harry flew into Ottery St. Catchpole just at it started raining. Muttering darkly about the weather, he whispered, “Impervious!” and his glasses repelled the rain. Ginny was standing outside The Burrow, looking impatient. She was pointing at something on the ground. As Harry landed, he noticed the gnomes running around, causing havoc and carrying Ron’s wand. There was a purple flash and a yell. The gnome was growing horns. Harry tried not to laugh as the gnome fell over and the horns dug into the ground, trapping it. Harry immobilized the gnome while Ginny summoned Ron’s wand to her.

“How do we sort these idiots out?” she asked, choking on her laughter. “I’d leave them, but they keep attempting magic. Do you think we should chuck them over the fence or maybe they’ll all enjoy having antlers?”

Harry laughed. “We’d better cure that one first, I think!”

Hermione appeared at the door with a stern look on her face. “What do you think you will achieve without meeting with the Head Gnome?”

“Is there a Head Gnome?”

Hermione sighed. “Haven’t you read Gneat Gnomes? She’s the one that organized the meetings between all the different gnome factions. Honestly Harry, for a smart Minister of Magic, you are really dumb sometimes!”

“When did I become Minister of Magic?” Harry asked, wonderingly. “I had no idea.” Harry looked down at his fingernails and tried to wipe the mud away.

“Harry, you’ve been Minister for two years.” Ginny looked at him strangely, as though she wasn’t sure who he was. Ginny asked, “What nickname did your father go by at Hogwarts?”

“Prongs, why?” Harry asked, confused.

“You’re just acting weird. I wanted to check that you really are Harry! There have been so many imposters since the Occamy started to appear. I’m beginning to suspect that the Occamy might be the cause of all this.” Harry and Ginny looked up. The Occamy was perched on their windowsill, eyeing the three of them. It trembled when they turned to look at him with an aura of understanding and anger.

“I’m sorry,” said the Occamy. “But I really don’t know what I can say. It’s in my nature, you appear, cause uncertainty, then you leave.” And off it flew. Harry, Ginny and Hermione looked around uncertainly, wondering if the Occamy would appear again.

“Well, that was random”, remarked Ginny.

“Tea and biscuits anyone?” asked Mrs. Weasley through the window.

“Be right there, Mum!” yelled Ginny. Grabbing Harry she pulled him inside and they sat on the sofa.

“Ginny, which broom are you using to play in the Quidditch World Final?” enquired Hermione. Harry looked at Hermione, wondering how she could ask such questions when she knew nothing about Quidditch.

“Harry, wake up.” Somebody was shaking him. It was Tom!

“Harry!” he said. “Get up, the Weasleys are all set to go to Bill and Fleur’s wedding, and you should be up by now!”

Harry shook himself awake, dressed quickly, and went downstairs.

* Five Words – Volume 2 Index * 

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #16 stats

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:33 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - May 24, 2006 10:56 pm (#695 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 16

ordered by first contribution to the story

User
# of Submissions
Puck   57
Julie Aronson   36
Snuffles   75
azi   72
Finn BV   36
Emily   5
Mrs Brisbee   16
Tazzygirl   16
Phelim Mcintyre   15
Little Ginny   3
HungarianHorntail11   1
Herm oh ninny   2
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 334

Total Words: 1670
Last Submission Date: #685, May 24, 5:06 a.m. (Puck)

Total Time to Create Story: 8 days, 23 hours, 28 minutes.

Note that due to a strange change in the WX clock on this server, the time of posting is temporarily set at UTC, seven hours ahead of what it should read. All times in the above statistics reflect the correct time PDT (which is usually Forum time), not the time as written.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #16 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:35 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:51 pm (#2904 of 2977) [Edited Dec 23, 2010 10 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #16, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "The Tale of the Occamy"

This story was written from May 15, 2006 to May 24, 2006. Twelve writers contributed to the story, which is 1,670 words long. Two of the twelve writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, May 24, 2006 11:01 pm: I liked the story... very interesting.

- Finn BV, May 24, 2006 11:39 pm: This is a really neat story – full of detail, but completely random!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #17

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:36 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - May 30, 2006 4:25 am (#981 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words:
“Draco and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"

Draco listened as his father droned on and on about responsibility, and why he didn’t think Draco was living up to pureblood standards. Draco sneered as he watched his father rant and pace. Outside, Narcissa was listening intently, while quietly crying. She had been told about Draco’s new mission just a half hour ago. She knew that Voldemort wouldn’t allow him to back out of this, and that the penalty if he tried would be worse than the last time. He had no Snape to protect him this time, no one to take the fall. It was kind of daunting, but in his arrogance, he felt that he couldn’t fail.

Draco snuck away while Lucius turned to speak to Narcissa. “I never thought I’d get away. How can they still be going on about that?” Annoyed, he kicked the new house-elf squarely in the backside. “Out of my way!” he snarled. The house-elf whimpered, clutched its backside, and ran into the kitchen. “Stupid git,” he growled. “I just hate the foul creatures.” He slammed his hand into the door and swore loudly.

“Draco, dear,” called his mother. “You know that I don’t like you using that kind of language. It is so vulgar. I’m hurt, because I thought you had learned to control that part of your apparently deficient personality.”

“Mother, I don’t have a ‘deficient personality’. I just have issues with your bad breath! I can’t stand to be near you! You really need a mint!” Draco stomped on the floor and stormed out of the room. He ran outside into the large courtyard, tripped over a root, and fell flat on his face. He looked for witnesses finding only Crabbe sniggering behind a shrubbery. Draco growled at him before standing up and grabbing him by the collar. “Don’t snigger at me, you brainless git. You do that once more and I’ll curse you!” Draco shook his fist towards his friend and snarled, “Get out of my way!”

It started to rain just as Draco stepped inside to fetch his sunglasses. “Just my luck, I don’t need those sunglasses anymore.” Shrugging, he headed back out the door, planning on taking a walk to wherever he could cause the most trouble by using magic on Muggles without getting noticed. He eventually Apparated to a little remote village by the sea, with tiny houses arranged in rows. He looked around to check if there was anyone near him. A familiar voice caught his ears and he whirled around to see Harry Potter leaning against a tree.

“Evening, Draco. Out for a stroll, I see! What brings you to a Muggle village? I can’t see why you need to be here.”

Draco snarled and began to raise his wand. Harry was much quicker, of course, and sent a spell at him. This time, Draco didn’t land on the ground because the tree branches caught him. Hanging precariously, he dropped to the lower branches and hung toward the earth, nose first. Blood gushed from his nose, just as Harry finally noticed. Draco wiped his nose quickly. He picked himself up, brushed dust off his clothes and resumed his evil plans.

Draco turned to stare at Harry. He found there was nothing and shrugged it off as an idea hit him. “Potter, where are you?” he drawled.

Suddenly Harry jumped out from behind a boulder. “Did I scare you, Malfoy?” Harry held his wand to Draco’s chest. Malfoy slowly moved backwards, attempting to evade anything that could make his enemy cast another spell. He thought about the 3 A’s of Apparition, but couldn’t seem to remember any of them. So he decided to run.

“Coward!” Harry shouted, but Malfoy mumbled, “Acclamation, Agglutination, Asphyxiation- no, it’s three D’s- that’s the three A’s- so, Dehydration, Decontamination and Dodecaphonic. Or was it Dactyl, Depilate and Daffodil? I think I better stop thinking about this, I’m not getting anywhere.”

“Still in your thoughts?” Harry Potter drawled at him. “That’s always been your fault, thinking things. Look where your mother is now, she was probably thinking too much about everything. You’re just like her!” Harry continued to hold his wand aimed at Draco’s heart.

“You have no right to point a wand at me! I have done nothing to you!” Draco took a step back and slowly reached to grasp his bottle of Peruvian Dust Stuff. “So long, Potter!” he sneered. Throwing some of the powder in to the air, Draco disappeared into the blackness… at least he thought so. He had not brought his Columbian Blackness Potion, and thus was now covered in itching red mosquitoes. “Drat!” he cried. “What is wrong with me today?” Harry was doubling over with laughter as Draco scratched at his arm furiously.

“Malfoy,” Harry gasped. “You’ve made my day. Thanks.” With that, he Disapparated with a Pop!, leaving Draco alone with his spots. Desperate to stop the itching, he quickly Apparated back to Malfoy Manor, where he loudly crashed into the rubbish bin because he had missed ‘Destination’.

“Fiddlesticks!” he said loudly. Narcissa poked her head out the window to see what all the noise was about.

“Draco! What on Earth are you doing! I’m practicing my violin! Shh!” She slammed the window shut and poor Draco just cried. Absently he scratched a spot on his nose.

“Stop picking your nose, Draco.” Lucius stood in front of him, appearing disgusted. “You are a disgrace.”

“I’m not picking my nose,” Draco sulked. “I’m scratching.”

“Hmmph,” muttered his father, as he continued to look down at his son’s bad habit. “You’ve never been an honest boy. Why your mother wants to keep you near at Hogwarts is beyond me.” Lucius stalked back into the house, slamming the door in Draco’s face once again.

Suddenly, a spirit appeared beside him. Draco looked at the mysterious being. “Who are you?” He scratched at yet another itchy spot. He wished he could think of something clever to ask her. His brain was strangely muddled but it’s surprising he noticed the spirit at all.

“I am a messenger from the Great Beyond. I have come to help you on your mission.”

“How do you know about my mission?” Draco stared at her. “That’s top secret! Only my parents and the— oh! So you must be the thing the Dark Lord knows about. Why do you come in this spirit form? I must say to you it’s quite conspicuous. Anybody might walk by and see us.”

“No, only you can see me.”

Just at that moment, Draco’s mother appeared in front of him again, her hands on her hips, her face streaked with tears. “Who are you talking to now? I don’t know what to do with you! You’re cracking up!” Narcissa crumpled to the floor and sobbed. Draco ignored her, in his typical self-involved manner, to continue his conversation with the figure standing next to him.

“Shouldn’t you help her?” the figure asked. “She’s obviously part of ‘the mission’!”

“Oh, I suppose I’d better talk to her then.” Draco walked away, but tripped over another rubbish bin. He landed in a pile of moldy old robes and swore loudly. Suddenly, as he attempted to sit up, the robes wrapped themselves around his neck. Draco choked, and tried to disentangle himself from the smelly fabric. He rolled over, gasping, and bumped into the side of a tree which had randomly appeared out of nowhere. “Help!” he cried. “I can’t get these robes off!” But no one came. Draco looked around desperately, but he suddenly found himself alone. “Where did everyone go?” he asked. Then there was darkness.

Draco woke up in his bed to the sound of birds chirping outside his window.

“Hello, sweetie,” said a voice beside him. “Are you OK, dear? Mummy made you breakfast.” Draco rubbed his eyes and saw his mother smiling gently. He sighed in relief. It had been a bad dream.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #17 stats

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:38 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - May 30, 2006 4:31 am (#982 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 17

User
# of Submissions
Snuffles   6
Julie Aronson   35
Puck   59
azi   59
Finn BV   35
Little Ginny   14
Tazzygirl   42
Emily   5
HungarianHorntail11   5
Haymoni   3
geauxtigers   3
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 267
Total Words: 1335
Last Submission Date: #971, May 29, 2006, 3:01 p.m. (Little Ginny)
Total Time to Create Story: 4 days, 14 hours, 15 minutes.

Note that due to a strange change in the WX clock on this server, the time of posting is temporarily set at UTC, seven hours ahead of what it should read. All times in the above statistics reflect the correct time PDT (which is usually Forum time), not the time as written.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #17 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:40 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:51 pm (#2905 of 2977) [Edited Dec 23, 2010 11 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #17, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "Draco and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"

This story was written from May 25, 2006 to May 29, 2006. Eleven writers contributed to the story, which is 1,335 words long. Two of the eleven writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, May 30, 2006 4:34 am: Poor Draco... I almost feel sorry for him... hehehehe! I liked this story!

- azi, May 30, 2006 12:10 pm: It was a good story, I thought. Very dream-like! 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #18

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:50 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Jun 7, 2006 2:09 am (#1293 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "A Squiddish Task"

Spinner’s End was dark, dingy and damp. A lone figure appeared, wearing what looked like a hat with a vulture on top. The figure walked towards the sunlight at the end of the street, near the Muggle shops. Reaching inside his cloak pocket, the figure drew out a pink purse containing a small key, glittering in the sunlight. He walked slowly up towards a three-story building. He stopped and looked around; finding nobody was in the area, he held the key to the lock of a moldy wooden door with a knocker shaped like a snake.

The figure stood there and the key revolved in the keyhole. It finally clicked, and the figure pushed open the door and stepped into a gloomy hallway, dimly lit by candles in sconces high in the hall. Beneath them an odd-looking section of wall, decorated with the ugliest framed portrait of a house-elf who appeared to have swallowed a bad batch of pumpkin pasties. He scowled at the wizard as he entered the house. The wizard continued down the hallway, leaving greasy hair marks wherever he stumbled into the walls, the uneven floor adding more unsteadiness to his gait.

“What do you want?”

“I want you to go to Hogwarts. You know what needs to be done, and how to do it. I think you can do it in a short time. Return with a complete report immediately so that I may tell you the next part. Now go. Time is quickly passing.”

The figure turned on his heel and disappeared into the bright sunlight. The door slammed behind him. The house vanished as if squashed between two neighboring buildings. The wizard removed the key from the lock. He gazed around, then Disapparated, appearing in a park near Hogsmeade. He spied Madam Rosmerta outside the Three Broomsticks and ducked behind a rubbish bin. Rosmerta walked into the pub and the mysterious figure came out of hiding. It glanced down the street before entering the shop next door. It smelled of vinegar. Jars of slugs greeted him, as he walked to the counter.

“Excuse me, but I am looking for a special item. Do you have —”

“No need to ask. Nice vulture hat!” sneered the shopkeeper as he rummaged under the counter for a tightly wrapped bundle. He sniffed the package before handing it over. “That’ll be three galleons, two sickles, and a knut. Hope you know how to cook squid tentacles, they can be poisoned if undercooked!” The man accepting the parcel nodded curtly and walked out, while adjusting his vulture hat.

A few minutes later, he walked into a run-down building set apart from the shops. It had an eerie atmosphere and a slight musty smell. An old man with a child dressed in rags stood inside, watching the figure intently. “He be upstairs,” whispered the man, who pointed to a narrow staircase which looked like it would fall down if someone stepped on it. The figure climbed the stairs. At the top an old woman stood waiting. She ushered the figure into a small room with no windows. A single candle sat on a rickety table, and gave an eerie glow which cast shadows over the walls. Rabbit and butterfly shapes seemed to flicker on them.

A cough from the corner drew the man’s attention there, where he saw what looked like a young woman, with buckteeth and waist length brown hair. She stood up, wand raised. “Did you bring the items?”

“I did,” he replied. The figured held out the package. The woman reached for it, an intense look upon her face.

“You sure this is the correct package?”

“This is what I was ordered to acquire, madam,” replied the wizard. “I did exactly as the other wizard told me.” He glared at her as if daring her to challenge his worthiness. She eyed him suspiciously, before opening the package and placing the smelly contents on a table. Next, she drew out a thin knife, and cut away the skin, leaving the flesh of the squid spread out. This was chopped finely, and put into a medium sized bowl. She then carefully brought the wizard over to look at the mixture.

“When I have finished, you must eat this with chocolate and bring it to Lupin. He should hand you something which you must subsequently give to a wizard who will pay you in Muggle money.” The wizard grimaced, his stomach was feeling uncomfortable, and he wasn’t much for sushi. “Stop at Madam Rosmerta’s for a bottle of Gillywater. You’ll need that.”

“I can’t go there! She will know what I am and has never forgiven me for a slight incident that occurred at the Broomsticks years and years ago… Do I need to explain?”

“No, that’s quite alright. I can send someone else—”

“No! Don’t! Isn’t it a little late for me to stop? I mean, I already know all the details, plus, I’ve been to the house at Spinner’s End. Do I have to go Madam Rosmerta, or can I just go straight to Hogwarts. I am sure Lupin will be where I will give the giant squid the mixture.”

“No. You need to give it to the head of the whole transaction, and then leave as quickly as possible. Remember you only need to see Madam Rosmerta because of the Gillyweed. Don’t worry if she recognizes you, she’s been under the Confundus Charm for three days. Now go.”

With a great sigh, the very dizzy wizard left and visited the Three Broomsticks. He glanced nervously over his shoulder to see if anyone had noticed him coming out of the horrible place.

Shaking his head, he opened the door to the Three Broomsticks and saw Madam Rosmerta behind the bar and asked her for the Gillywater. After bottling it, she gave it to him with an absent look on her face. He turned abruptly and walked quickly out into the night. Then, without anyone seeing him, he ran up the road leading to Hogwarts.

It began to sprinkle, then rain moderately, then downpour. The man began to hurry, hoping to evade the rain and appear somewhat dry when meeting Lupin, but alas, he could not run quick enough, and was drenched by the time he arrived at his destination. Hogwarts was bathed in bright moonlight. “Oh dear, it’s full of students. How will I get past them?” He figured that if he didn’t use the main routes through the castle he could reach the room without being seen. He walked around the far side of the castle and began the long climb to Lupin’s office.

When he heard something moving off in a corridor, he turned and saw a cat’s tail disappearing into an empty classroom. Curious, he followed the animal. The classroom was not empty after all. Lupin was there talking to the man from Spinner’s End. If he was here, that meant that something was wrong. He pulled an Extendable Ear and slid it under the table where the men were talking, but before he could properly insert the Ears Mrs. Norris jumped on his head and began to gnaw furiously. Lupin and the man turned around to the crazy scene before them. They started and Lupin gave an enormous yell before he turned to shoo Mrs. Norris away. The drenched wizard picked up a little stone that was lying on the floor and shouted, “Where is that darn cat!”

“Don’t draw attention to yourself or this room!” Lupin whispered as he closed the door and turned to show his face, illuminated in the warm light of the candles. His face was very warm and dark circles were under his eyes. His mouth was thin and his jaw looked stiff and firm, as though he were part-canine. “Did you want me to do something? I’m a good dancer!” He started to hum a tune which sounded like ‘Thriller’ before a strange bald man walked in.

“Well, start dancing!” he cried. And so Lupin did. As he raised his arms as part of the dance, a bandy-legged cat stalked in. His name was Crookshanks and he fought with Mrs. Norris. Mrs. Norris was surprisingly scrappy. She ran away, with Crookshanks in pursuit.

“Time for lunch! Sir, you have the package I ordered? The house-elves don’t like to cook the squid, but werewolves love it! Chocolate?”

“Yes please!” Lupin took a deep breath and Apparated to his office to retrieve a magical plate to eat his squid off. Then finally he would be free of the dreadful curse that had affected him all his life!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #18 stats

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:52 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Jun 7, 2006 2:16 am (#1295 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 18

User
# of Submissions
  azi   48
  Puck   50
  Snuffles   30
  Phelim Mcintyre   5
  Little Ginny   8
  geauxtigers   21
  Tazzygirl   47
  Emily   6
  Julie Aronson   4
  Finn BV   41
  virginiaelizabeth   7
  haymoni   1
  Miss Black   7
  dizzy lizzy   14

Total Submissions: 289

Total Words: 1445
Last Submission Date: #1279, June 5, 2006, 10:31 p.m. (dizzy lizzy)

Total Time to Create Story: 6 days, 17 hours, 1 minutes.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #18 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:54 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:51 pm (#2906 of 2977) [Edited Dec 23, 2010 11 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #18, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "A Squiddish Task"

This story was written from May 30, 2006 to June 5, 2006. Fourteen writers contributed to the story, which is 1,445 words long. Four of the fourteen writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Jun 7, 2006 2:20 am: The story contradicted itself a bit at times, but I sort of liked it. Amusing… 

- Tazzygirl, Jun 7, 2006 4:05 am: Yup, I agree with you, Finn. Sometimes contradictory, but overall pretty good!

- virginiaelizabeth, Jun 7, 2006 4:43 am: Good story though! 

- azi, Jun 7, 2006 9:42 am: I like the story. Got a bit confused around the middle though. 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #19

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:55 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Jun 10, 2006 3:34 am (#1618 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Wedding"

Hermione awoke on her wedding day, nervous and apprehensive. She glanced out the window. The sky was dark and foreboding. She hoped it wouldn’t rain, but consoled herself with the fact that she had wanted to marry him for ages. Rain would not ruin this for her. She got up and finally put her beautiful dress on. It had been slept on by Crookshanks, who left ginger hairs all over it, mixed with a little dandruff. Sighing, Hermione went to fetch her wand. “Accumvay!” she exclaimed and her wand sucked up the hairs. “There we go, good as new!”

“Oh, Sweetheart, you look beautiful! I’ve been waiting so long to see you married,” sniffed her mother. Hermione blushed bright pink and turned to twirl in front of a mirror.

“What about my hair? Up or down? With flowers or jewels? What do you think? Mum?”

“Oh, sorry, Dear. I was thinking about something else… I think you should put whatever will make you feel happy. I personally like the jewels, but perhaps the flowers will match your gown. They are very cute. Choose whatever you think will match. But please be quick about it! We need to leave soon!”

Hermione picked up the flowers. “Are the grandparents here yet? What did Mrs. Weasley say about having a Muggle wedding? Is it bothering her at all?”

“No, not at all. She said Arthur is excited about seeing so many Muggles in one place. She says everyone has agreed not to use magic in front of the guests unaccustomed to it; namely, Muggles. At least none they know personally.” Seeing her mother’s concerned look, Hermione added

“I know. At least I hope everything works out between the two- Muggles and wizards, that is. Have you seen my pink hoodie, Mum? I think I’ll take it on our honeymoon to Scotland. It’s cold there.”

Mrs. Granger winced. “No, Honey, it isn’t. Not in July. Now come, we don’t want you to be late to your wedding.” They left the bedroom where Hermione had dressed.

The chamber was elaborately decorated by Fred and George, who had taken the liberty of stringing an add assortment of garlic and old socks around, demonstrating a misunderstanding of Muggle superstitions that garlic and socks do not ward off vampires. Hermione crinkled her nose at the smell. Looking around to ask Fred and George to fix it before her relatives showed up, she began to enter a worried state as the guests arrived. Was she going to be exiled from her family if the truth about her being a witch came out?

“Wow! You look amazing, Hermione!” said someone behind her. Hermione glanced over her shoulder to see Ginny standing next to Harry, a grin upon her face. “Simply breathtaking! Wait until Percy sees you. He’ll be totally jealous of Ron.” Ginny sniggered and then Ron walked in next to Harry, and glanced at Hermione, who yelped and hid behind a marble statue of a centaur.

“Ron, you prat, you’re not supposed to see me before the ceremony! Harry, take him upstairs! Honestly!” Hermione hoped Ron hadn’t seen her, and stepped away from the centaur. Ginny stepped in front of the stairs and yelled at Harry to not allow Ron anywhere near Hermione until the time had come.

After a few last minute touches, Hermione glanced around and saw her mum was crying outside. Fred and George were tying a bouquet of flowers to all the chairs for decoration. No one noticed the smell of garlic or the smell of socks. All eyes were on Mrs. Weasley, who was running around attempting to perfect the decorations and keep the wizards from pulling them down. At last, the time had come. Mrs. Granger, still crying with happiness, came forward with Mr. Granger, who was beaming with pride and wearing a tailcoat suit.
The Merpeople started to sing a beautiful song as Hermione made her entrance. Ron turned to look at her, and grinning, he mouthed the words “You look amazing!” Next to him stood Harry, his hair flat for once. “How did you manage to get someone to tidy your hair, Harry?”
Harry laughed. “Ginny sorted it using loads of bottles of Sleekeasy’s Hair Potion, though it took ages to dry.” But just at that moment, Hermione stumbled. Thankfully she recovered quickly. Dobby held her train higher so she wouldn’t step on the hem.

Viktor Krum sat off to the side, sulking. He only came in hopes that Hermione would change her mind and come with him, travel the world and eventually marry him instead. He sighed when she turned him a smile. His current girlfriend, Pansy Parkinson, would never do but she had connections that made it easier for him within the Ministry.

At last, Hermione reached the altar. Mr. Granger bent forward and kissed his daughter before the ceremony started. Ron stepped forward and smiled.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Ron and Hermione. But before we begin, I would like to welcome you all here today.” The room was silent as he asked, “Has anyone seen my glasses? I can’t read anything.” The congregation broke out in laughter and a man with ginger hair conjured a pair and handed it to him, a twinkle in his eye. “Where was I? I think we - ah, yes, if anyone know how to dance the Polka - no, sorry, wrong page. If there should be any objections speak up now or be forever silent.”

Mrs. Weasley looked menacingly at everyone, and no one said a word. She glared at Viktor, who suddenly jumped up and ran out of the chamber, a look of horror in his eyes as Percy yelled, “I love you, Hermione! Don’t marry Ron! Be mine, Hermione! My own!” Fred and George rolled on the ground, laughing hysterically. Mr. Weasley fumed. Ron turned towards Percy, daggers in his eyes. Hermione jumped between them.

“Really rotten of you to be saying that now, Percy. Sorry, but Ron has my heart, and you’ve lost your chance! You’re great and all, but I’d like to continue on with the ceremony as planned!”

“No, Hermione, you can’t simply blow me off like that!”

“Why not? I explained everything! You are an insufferable, annoying git. Twins, remove him!”

Fred and George came forward and dragged Percy, kicking and screaming, and threw him out the window. The Muggles were all looking bewildered as they witnessed Percy bounce instead of landing with a thud. Mrs. Granger tried to distract them, while Mr. Weasley began to yell very loudly down at Percy for being so rude. He then stomped his foot and began to bring the socks and garlic onto a giant silver platter and carry it out of the room.

Hermione appeared at the top of the stairs, tears streaming, but still looking very pretty. Ron quietly touched her arm. “Come on, Hermione; let’s get back to the ceremony so that we don’t dwell on what just happened, OK?” He stroked her hair gently and then led her back to the altar. Hermione smiled sweetly at Ron.

“Let’s get on with the ceremony. Nothing can ruin it for us now. We love each other and I want the world to know that!” Ron smiled and they took their places for the second time and faced the minister.

“Do you, Ronald, take Hermione to be your lawful wedded wife? To have and to hold through your days, as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” replied a sheepish Ron.

“And do you, Hermione, take Ronald to keep in line and clued in on all aspects of life?”

“Absolutely!” Hermione grinned, and then added, “so long as he remembers to trust Crookshanks, too!”

The audience chuckled, although they weren’t all too sure who Crookshanks was. The minister continued on, while everyone glowed in pride. “Do you have the rings?” Harry rushed forward and handed them to Ron, who subsequently handed the rings to the minister, who handed one to Ron, and one to Hermione. “Please exchange rings in order for your marriage to bind.” The minister waited for them to do so, before announcing to the audience, “I now declare them husband and wife! You may now kiss the witch, erm, I mean the bride.”

As the wedding guests cheered, Ron leaned forward and took Hermione in his arms, and fainted. Mrs. Weasley was too busy crying to notice Harry nonverbally Enervate Ron.

“Wait!” Ron said, “We need to kiss!” So, they did.

“Nice going, mate!” Harry exclaimed, “Now you can be best man at my wedding!” At the end of the altar stood Harry, holding a very ornate ring. He wondered if this would come between their friendship. He gazed at the diamond ring and gulped back tears. Ginny, noticing this stepped towards Harry and hugged him softly.

“Later,” she whispered. Harry nodded and they followed the crowd into the reception room to enjoy a fabulous lobster dinner.

After dinner, the dancing began! The reception lasted all night long. No one commented about the Percy incident. Ron gave Hermione a kiss and they lived happily ever after.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #19 stats

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:57 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Jun 10, 2006 3:40 am (#1620 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 19

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   59
  azi   36
  Julie Aronson   23
  Phelim Mcintyre   13
  Tazzygirl   64
  Finn BV   24
  Little Ginny   17
  Emily   1
  geauxtigers   21
  John.Bumbledore   6
  Miss Black   8
  virginiaelizabeth   12
  Snuffles   16
  Choices   2
  dobbyiscool   2
  Thora   1
  Mediwitch   1
  haymoni   1

Total Submissions: 307
Total Words: 1535

Last Submission Date: #1611, June 9, 2006, 6:57 p.m. (Puck)

Total Time to Create Story: 2 days, 14 hours, 4 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #19 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:59 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:51 pm (#2907 of 2977) [Edited Dec 24, 2010 12 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #19, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "The Wedding"

This story was written from June 7, 2006 to June 9, 2006. Eighteen writers contributed to the story, which is 1,535 words long. Two of the eighteen writers posted feedback.

- virginiaelizabeth, Jun 10, 2006 3:48 am: AHHH that's the best one we've done yet!!

- Tazzygirl, Jun 10, 2006 3:58 am: Wow, we wrote a good story in two days! w00t!! 

I loved this story! You all did a fantastic job!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #20

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:01 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Jun 13, 2006 7:26 am (#1889 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Other Wedding"

Ginny stared into the mirror, her long red hair up in an elegant knot at the top of her head. Mrs. Weasley came in looking both happy and sad. She hugged Ginny and said, “Are you sure you’re ready to—”

“Yes, I am, Mum! I love Harry so much. He really is ‘The One’.” Ginny was nervous and excited.

Happy thoughts came as the ceremony quickly approached. Everyone was coming to the wedding via Apparition and would be arriving at the Burrow around 5:00 that evening. The ceremony would take place in the garden, the gnomes thrown out before hand. Pretty blue ribbons had been hung all over the gate and doves bewitched to circle the happy couple.
Certain people had been sent letters, asking them not to come, especially Cho Chang and Dean Thomas. Percy and the Dursleys were invited, but the Dursleys sent their regrets and not even a pair of old socks. The letter should have never been sent. Ginny knew that it was the right thing to at least ask them. She would have been shocked if they came, but she wanted to be proper. Percy again failed at the chance to redeem himself.

Mr. Weasley wandered around humming as he pinned boutonnières on the groomsmen. He was very happy to have Harry officially join their family and for Ginny to provide them with red-headed grandchildren. Mrs. Weasley was pleased that she was adding yet another wonderful wizard to her close-nit group. In her opinion, she just needed another person to worry about day and night.

George entered the room and showed Ron how he had decorated the garden with some squirting flowers. Ron wiped his hand on a big yellow pillow next to Ginny’s bed. “Thanks, mate.”

“No problem,” chuckled Harry. “Let’s go to the ceremony. I have to marry your little sister. Are you sure you are OK with it?”

“Well,” said Ron, “If she loves you, and is happy, I’m OK with it. As long as Hermione and I can come to your place as much as we want! Now let’s get ready and find your bride.”

They went down to the kitchen, seeing no sign of Ginny or Hermione. Remus Lupin stood up and shook Harry’s hand. Severus Snape stepped forward and gave Harry the watch Dumbledore had left behind after his death.

“He left this to me, but I felt you should have it. You deserve it.” Harry accepted the watch gratefully, and nodded quietly.

Mrs. Weasley rushed forward and ushered Harry outside to get in place for the ceremony. Harry looked at Neville, who was sitting with Luna. Her hair had been done especially and was filled with singing song birds. Neville looked slightly embarrassed by his wife. Grinning, Harry looked around again and saw George and his wife, Alicia, sitting at the back of the garden, laughing at Fred, who was teasing his fiancée Katie Bell.

“Attention, everyone! We are about to begin the ceremony. Please have a seat!”

Harry stood, looking at the crowd, knots starting to form in his stomach. He thought back to when he had first seen Ginny. She was so funny, the way she had acted shy. Had he known that she was special then, he definitely would not have waited until his sixth year to go out with her.

As he scanned the crowd, the music started. Hermione walked toward them, the happiest matron of honor possible. Hermione kept smiling as she got closer, her eyes on Ron as the music changed at the moment Ginny appeared in the garden, her dress spread out behind her with the lovely white lace forming a sort of elegant ground cover. The veil on her head covered her curls. She looked angelic. Beside her was the bridesmaid. Ginny had asked Fleur to be it, as she was now a part of the Weasley family. Both had become closer than Ginny had expected, especially during the difficult time of Voldemort’s reign of terror.

Harry watched Ginny walking towards the altar, excitement bubbling inside him. She reached him and smiled. There was silence as Mr. Weasley kissed her on the cheek and gave her a hug. Ginny turned and found herself drowning in Harry’s warm smile and knew he was meant for her. They joined hands and turned towards the minister.

“I love you.” They both said at the same time.

“We are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of these two people. Their love has withstood dark and—” Unable to wait, Ginny stamped her foot and then kissed Harry.

“Marry us, already! I can’t wait much longer!”

“Ginny, calm down, we ARE—”

“Well - do you take this man—”

“I do!” Harry looked at Ginny with surprise at the way she was rushing their long awaited ceremony.

“Do you, Harry James Potter, take Ginerva Molly Weasley to be your lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold, through sickness and health, as long as you both shall live?”

“I do.” Harry grinned down at Ginny as he said his vows. She looked anxious, but was relieved when love could be clearly seen in his eyes.

“Wait! She’s not Ginny! Haaaaarrrry! NO!” Harry turned around to see another Ginny running towards him, her dress dirty and torn. “She drugged me! The next thing I knew, I woke up in the attic, with the ghoul breathing in my face! She’s Romilda Vane!”

“Harry, don’t listen to her, it’s me, Ginny!” Harry glanced from one to the other, wondering what he should do. Fred jumped up to the altar in a flash, and asked Bride Ginny what Harry’s secret name for her was. She stared at him blankly.

“See! I knew it! You are Romilda!” The tattered Ginny ran up and punched the imposter in the face shouting, “That will teach you for trying to take my husband from me!” Blood spurted onto the white dress as Romilda fell to the floor, whimpering in pain. Ignoring her, Ginny turned to Harry, nothing but love in her eyes. “Shall we start again?”

“Wait, how do I know you are really my Ginny?”

Ginny thought, then said, “Well, how many girls do you think want to marry you?”

Harry considered this, and then grinned; realizing only the true love for him was here. “Let’s get hitched,” he smiled.

They turned to face the minister, who seemed amazingly unfazed by the whole episode. He went through the vows once again, and finally pronounced them wizard and witch. “You may kiss the bride!” he exclaimed. Harry happily obliged!

The reception was extremely enjoyable, as Fred had booked the Weird Sisters to play. George had provided magical fireworks. Unfortunately, some exploded on the wedding cake, something large hitting Harry in the head. After wiping the cake from his eyes, he surveyed the cakes. A hand wave later, the cake was restored. It was properly cut shortly after.

Harry and Ginny were dancing the wedding waltz after the ceremony, when Mr. Weasley had given them his special gift of spark plugs. Mrs. Weasley shed some tears of joy when Harry gave her the first piece of cake. George and Fred were entertaining the wedding guests with their extra festive shenanigans, when suddenly the clouds moved in and lightening and thunder started to flash and boom threateningly. Harry felt a chill, and looked over to see the twins throwing hexes in different directions. Harry laughed. This had been part of his plan to distract everyone while he snuck Ginny off to their honeymoon.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #20 stats

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Jun 13, 2006 7:39 am (#1890 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 20

User
# of Submissions
  Tazzygirl   51
  geauxtigers   21
  virginiaelizabeth   18
  John.Bumbledore   6
  TwinklingBlueEyes   1
  azi   29
  Julie Aronson   12
  Puck   53
  Phelim Mcintyre   4
  Choices   1
  Mediwitch   20
  Miss Black   10
  Little Ginny   10
  Jewel   11
  dobbyiscool   1

Total Submissions: 248

Total Words: 1240
Last Submission Date: #1877, June 12, 2006, 6:07 P.M. (John.Bumbledore)
Total Time to Create Story: 2 days, 21 hours, 9 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #20 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:02 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:51 pm (#2908 of 2977) [Edited Dec 24, 2010 1 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #20, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "The Other Wedding"

This story was written from June 10, 2006 to June 12, 2006. Fifteen writers contributed to the story, which is 1,240 words long. Three of the fifteen writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Jun 13, 2006 7:45 am: All right! This was a pretty good story (and how many train wrecks did we manage to get into??)! On a scale of one to ten, (ten being super cheesy and awesome!) I give this story an 8! Loved it!

- azi, Jun 13, 2006 10:22 am: I think this story was better than the Ron and Hermione one. 

- Julie Aronson, Jun 13, 2006 10:30 am: I liked this one a lot, too!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #21

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:03 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Jun 21, 2006 4:16 am (#2209 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Luna’s Mission"

The bottle of Felix Felicis had remained, undisturbed, on her dressing table for months. Dust outlined a distinctively shaped void where the bottle had stood just a few hours before. Sunlight streamed through the windows.

Yes, today would turn out great, amazing, fantastic! She knew she would finally prove that Severus Snape was on the Order’s side, or her name wasn’t Luna Lovegood. No one believed that she could prove he was not a slimy filthy Death Eater but she was determined to clear his name. She was certain, unlike the Grey- Spotted Snaglehack, to find concrete evidence. Harry and the other D.A. members had used Felix Felicis in order to fight the Death Eaters during the break. They had all survived, and had managed to capture more Death Eaters than anyone would have ever imagined. But still, all good things end, and it was time for the truth to be unveiled upon the whole international wizarding community.

Luna grinned inwardly as she dreamed of the day ahead. She was ecstatically happy today, because today, she would finally be able to prove the truth. Instinctively, she knew where she would have to start her investigation immediately. She gathered her materials and set off on her mission via Thestral.

The odd, horse-like creatures always hung out in the forest behind her house. Carrying raw meat, she approached cautiously so as not to surprise them. Instinctively, she knew not to call out. She waited quietly and in the distance heard rustling in the bushes. A centaur passed by, unaware of Luna’s gaze. He was carrying a crossbow and a small compass. He ran northwest, towards a small clearing Luna remembered. She decided it would be safer now, to move away from the woods.

She skipped towards Hagrid’s cabin. As she approached it, she heard something. It was a rustle of leaves. Something big was coming towards her. Luna knew it was an ominous sign to run into a giant before embarking upon a quest. Luckily, she knew that Felix was on her side tonight.

Luna looked to her right. A Thestral was approaching through a tangle of branches. She hopped on and it rose into the air. She felt the wind in her face. She looked down as the landscape sped beneath her. Within thirty minutes a dirty river appeared below and strangely enough, Luna saw that the river formed the letter S. This was perfect! She landed near the river and smoothly dismounted from the Thestral. She looked around and saw there was a light coming from a house nearby. It was Snape’s house.

Luna started walking towards his house. She was ready to give him the opportunity to put the record straight and nothing would prevent her from doing so. She reached the front door. Snape was speaking to someone inside. Luna instinctively listened with the Extendable Ear Ginny had given her yesterday. Ginny did not believe Luna’s theory, but decided to help her. She had also given Luna some Instant Darkness Powder to hide her if Death Eaters were near.

The voice sounded worried and hushed, as if an attack was imminent. Luna suddenly felt an urgent need to relieve herself, so she went searching for a place to do so. She found a large bush. When she finished her business, she was feeling much better, so she tip-toed back to the door and let out a sigh.

Suddenly, there was a loud noise coming from Luna’s left. Three figures had Apparated in a line, and were all looking extremely nervous. “Okay- eggs, toilet paper, shaving cream, water balloons… I think we need to cast a spell so no one will know we were here! Okay, let’s go!” Luna watched as the group sprung into action. Each person grabbed a handful of something and got ready to use it against Snape’s darling little house. They filled water balloons, shook shaving cream cans, and juggled eggs. “I hope those eggs are jumbo sized! The bigger the egg, the bigger the splotch!” Luna watched in horror as the marauders proceeded to make a move around the back of the house, to get a better view of the living area. Luna stood there, not knowing what to do. Should she try to stop them or join the fun? But then she would lose all of her shaving cream.

Finally, she remembered her mission was to see if Snape wanted to prove his innocence and sent a charm towards the delinquents. She heard their bodies thud against the ground as he charm took effect. She then glanced at the faces to see who she had stunned.

She was shocked to see that one of the kids had a Death Eater mask on her face. The other two were lying face down in mud, but were dressed in an odd assortment of clothes. Luna felt right at home! She moved closer to the three and pulled back the girl’s mask. It was Pansy Parkinson! Luna gasped! “Oh it’s you, wait- then who are these two?” she wondered. She pulled the other masks off and was astounded to see the figures were even more of her classmates- Crabbe and Goyle! This was not really so surprising as Pansy was dating Draco and he controlled those idiots. What she saw in him, Luna could never imagine. There’s no accounting for taste.

Suddenly a light flicked on inside. Snape stepped outside and glared at the scene before him. With his hands on his hips, he strode towards Luna. Feeling lucky, Luna stood her ground and pointed to the unmasked people on the floor.

“They were trashing your office, sir, and then came here and I hexed them and…”

“Stop rambling, girl!” snapped Snape. “How did you know I lived here?!” spat Snape. Luna gave Snape a small grin.

“Oh, don’t worry about that now, sir!” she said. “I came to help. Who were you talking to earlier? I could hear your voice when I arrived on the back porch. The voice was familiar, but I can’t quite place whose voice it was.”

Snape hissed, “Mind your—”

“Dumbledore! That’s who it is! Dumbledore is here! Mind if I come inside?” without waiting for a reply, Luna opened the door and entered the house. “Hello Professor Dumbledore! So nice to see you! What are you doing here?”

Dumbledore looked at Luna in mild surprise. “What— I could ask you the same question, Miss Lovegood.” Dumbledore said.

“I, uh, was just coming to check up on Professor Snape’s Purple Lurkle Turtle. I heard that he was having problems feeding him powdered Snorkackle horns. I wanted to tell him that he needs to feed it mixed with essence of murtlap and a dab of ketchup. Works every time.” Luna smiled.

“How thoughtful!” Dumbledore’s eyes twinkled behind his half-moon glasses.

“She’s lying! I’ve never HEARD of ‘Lurkle Turtles’!” hissed Snape. “You, Miss Lovegood, are lying. Come on, tell me what you are doing here!”

“Why fake your death, Professor Dumbledore, when you could have kept the Aurors from accusing Snape? Now what do you think everyone will say about you?” Luna was staring intently at Snape.

He smirked and said, “I would expect nothing less from you, Miss Lovegood. Now, Dumbledore, what is it that you came to tell me?”

“Oh, yes. Miss Lovegood, would you be so kind as to give us a minute? All will be revealed soon.” Luna nodded and stepped into the kitchen. “Pumpkin juice? I think there might be some in here.” Dumbledore offered.

“Lovely! I’d like some biscuits, too.” She said, feeling lucky. She sat down on a ratty old chair and smiled pleasantly.

Snape sneered at her while twirling a lock of greasy hair round his fingers. “Well, we’d best get back into the sitting room, in order to discuss our important matter at our leisure. It is more private. Stay put, Miss Lovegood!”

The men left the room and Luna pulled out her Extendable Ear. As the Ear slipped under the door, Dumbledore shot a warning glance at her. “You will hear what I feel you need to know. Severus, does Lord Voldemort have any idea of what our plan is?”

“No, sir, he does not. I have convinced him you are truly dead. He has finally stopped questioning me. He was relentless, but I was able to curb his insistence. Have you finished your undercover work for the Order?” Snape lowered his head.

“Not as of yet, but I’m making progress. Anyway, as long as I am around, we cannot fail.” Severus nodded.

“Of course, our secret remains so, and hopefully this will continue. If the truth is to be told, we need to exercise caution.”

They both agreed and then quietly walked out the door. Luna instinctively felt that she was no longer needed. Of course, she would have to keep it quiet that Professor Dumbledore was still alive, and therefore, would have to either not say anything or put the Order in jeopardy. Humming serenely, Luna started home.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #21 stats

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:04 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Jun 21, 2006 4:18 am (#2211 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 21

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   53
  John.Bumbledore   6
  azi   59
  Thora   2
  Tazzygirl   46
  Julie Aronson   38
  Miss Black   14
  virginiaelizabeth   29
  geauxtigers   34
  Mediwitch   13
  haymoni   7
  Good Evans   3

Total Submissions: 304
Total Words: 1520
Last Submission Date: #2200, June 20, 2006, 11:59 A.M. (Good Evans)
Total Time to Create Story: 7 days, 6 hours, 47 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #21 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:06 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:52 pm (#2909 of 2977) [Edited Dec 26, 2010 4 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #21, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "Luna’s Mission"

This story was written from June 13, 2006 to June 20, 2006. Twelve writers contributed to the story, which is 1,520 words long. Two of the twelve writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Jun 21, 2006 4:27 am: Good job everyone! This story was pretty good! 

- virginiaelizabeth2, Jun 21, 2006 5:18 am: I liked this story!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #22

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Jun 27, 2006 8:10 am (#2485 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Grawp’s Night of Confusion"

Thunder and lightning crashed around Grawp as he carried Hagrid out of the Forbidden Forest. Streaming tears mingled with rain as he ran toward the gates, trying to flee from the centaurs who had chosen to revolt against the wizarding world, and their prejudice ways. Hagrid had thought he could persuade them that not all wizards were closed-minded, but they were not listening. Hagrid had been trying to mediate an argument based on what Dumbledore would have treated them like, but to no avail. He had tried to explain that Umbridge was an extreme and rare case of prejudice but Bane quickly rallied the centaurs against Hagrid and attempted to drive him away by shooting arrows. Hagrid had been hit, and was bleeding from the chest when Grawp had found him. Grawp had knocked down several centaurs in his rush to save Hagrid.

Grawp finally made it to the gates, when a sudden flash of lightning illuminated a figure at the back of the grounds. It was hard to tell who it was, but they seemed to be running in terror. Suddenly, lightning crashed down on them. The weather was getting worse. Grawp was growing frightened and he accidentally squeezed Hagrid, who groaned in pain. Grawp dropped Hagrid in nervous haste and ducked as lightning appeared, striking the nearest tree. It split in two and slowly began to spark and smolder. Rain started pouring down and drowned out the sound of screaming emitting from the person who Grawp had seen a few moments ago.

“Good thing yer were ‘ere to help me, Grawpy!” Hagrid mumbled, appreciatively. Grawp looked at Hagrid and beamed. He was clearly not in a right state of mind, but he knew that Grawp would save him.

Grawp managed to get Hagrid up to the castle and inside, but got stuck in the main doors- he hadn’t expected to get stuck, so he backed up trying to figure out how to squeeze his way through. A voice behind Grawp caused him to jump and smack his head on the ceiling. He turned to see a short man standing with an umbrella held over his head. He looked up at Grawp and said “What do you think you are doing? You are breaking and entering! What have you done with Hagrid? He is severely in need of medical—”

Grawp lowered Hagrid who grunted and cut the man off. “Me help Hagger.” Flitwick looked puzzled for a brief second. “Who is Hagger? What happened to him?” Compared to Grawp,
Flitwick looked like an ant, waiting to be crushed. Grawp pointed to his ‘big’ brother.

“Dat Hagger!” Flitwick blinked. “Oh, you mean Hagrid!” He waved his wand and the doors opened. Another wave and Hagrid floated into the castle and towards Madam Pomfrey, who could at least make Hagrid comfortable and stop the pain. Grawp was unsure whether he could follow, being so large, but Flitwick smiled reassuringly and motioned for Grawp to follow. Once inside, the castle seemed to shrink, trapping Grawp in the entrance.

“Do not struggle, no harm will come to you,” demanded Flitwick. He raised his wand and muttered an incantation.

“An excellent ploy, Filius,” said a nastily sweet voice from behind Grawp.

Dolores Umbridge stepped out of the shadows. She eyed him through her small beady frog-like face. “Now you are in big trouble. It’s time you learn your place! MacNair, we can’t have you messing with Pygmy Puffs! Come help rid the world of one ugly giant!”

“But these Puffs are causing the Ministry lots of confusion. We can’t stand to have them overpopulate the country! What are we going to do? Crookshanks, come sniff out the intruder for hidden Pygmies!

“Hold on,” chirped Flitwick. “I don’t think this is necessary. Grawp was simply trying to help his brother.” Flitwick glared at Umbridge. “Is your task more important than everyone else’s? Of course, you Ministry officials lack both tact and intelligence!” Flitwick sent a stunning spell at MacNair and then another at Umbridge. She fell with a satisfying thud to the floor. A trapdoor opened and Umbridge vanished. Flitwick smiled grimly, and then went to the infirmary.

Meanwhile, the House-Elves were busy tying Umbridge to the Whomping Willow. Dolores screamed as a herd of centaurs came thundering into view. They charged Percy Weasley, who had run to save Umbridge, afraid she would be injured. Percy was being tossed about like a rag doll. His glasses had fallen off and had been smashed under hoof. Umbridge was screaming loudly by this point, as centaurs circled her.

One stopped right in front of her and said, “Human, you are a disgusting, foul, pathetic creature that hardly deserves to breathe the clean, pure air. I don’t want to ever see you in this place again!” The Whomping Willow then unfroze and started to attack the centaurs who weren’t sure how to handle the enchanted tree, so they walked away, leaving the tree to finish what it started with Dolores. Suddenly, Umbridge began flailing as she fought the tree.

Grawp laughed at the pink bow bobbing back and forth. “Froggy funny! Hagger, look!” He turned and picked Hagrid up to show him Umbridge.

“Serves her right, the ruddy cow!”

Madam Pomfrey bustled in. “Hagrid, into bed! You shouldn’t over-exert yourself!”

MacNair and Percy watched helplessly as a strange licking pattern appeared on their arms and legs. “Aaaarrrgh!” screamed Percy. “What is licking me? Get it away!”

MacNair looked onwards as the Thestrals carried on licking. After years of disposing of Muggles and creatures, the Thestrals would now dispose of MacNair. Cursing under his breath, MacNair tried to escape, but was completely surrounded by this point.

Between Umbridge and Weasley’s screams, Grawp did not know what to do, so he left them to it, and sat down with a bag of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans. It was quite a show! Even Hagrid wanted to watch, but instead went to the kitchens, as his medicine made him hungry. There he found a large double chocolate cake with rainbow sprinkles on top! He cut himself a huge piece and ate it.

Outside, Percy and MacNair could be heard, as their screams echoed through the Forbidden Forest. Suddenly huge spiders charged forward towards them, pincers ready to swoop down upon them. But, to their extreme surprise, a Basilisk suddenly slithered along and Petrified the spiders! Fortunately, it Petrified Percy and MacNair as well, and the Whomping Willow even struggled to maintain its grip.

When they were finally able to sort everything out, Peeves came bounding in, just to create extra chaos to the scene. Grawp quickly disposed of him; however he dropped Hagrid twelve feet above the ground. Fortunately, he was Okay.

“STOP!” yelled Madam Pomfrey. “You’ll only make things worse than they already are.”

Then Grawp said, “What wrong with Hagger?”

Madam Pomfrey looked at him. “He has just been hit with several arrows, for one thing. And for another, you just barged in here like you live here. Hagrid needs quite a quiet environment. I suggest you let him rest.”

Grawp frowned, waved goodbye to Hagrid, and walked out the door, wondering what he should do next. He stumbled on something at his feet. He looked down, and noticed Fang whimpering and licking at a wound. Grawp looked at the castle, turned around, and stormed back towards Hagrid’s hut, Fang in the lead.

When he reached the hut, he followed Fang inside and was shocked to see how tidy it was. Two pointed ears were showing just above the chair where Hagrid would usually sit and read the Daily Prophet. Then, the creature in the chair leapt forward like a lion, eventually landing on Fang, who yelped loudly and hid behind Grawp.

Kreacher muttered, “Half-Breed’s animal isn’t very brave, is he?” Fang leapt to his feet and bit Kreacher’s head off.

“Fang do good!” said Grawp. They had tea and the rest is history!

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #22 stats and post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:08 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Jun 27, 2006 8:10 am (#2486 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 22

User
# of Submissions
  azi   57
  Puck   47
  Phelim Mcintyre   31
  Good Evans   5
  Julie Aronson   16
  Tazzygirl   22
  Mediwitch   4
  geauxtigers!   31
  virginiaelizabeth2   31
  haymoni   5
  dobbyiscool   3
  Regan of Gong   2
  Snuffles   2
  Finn BV   9

Total Submissions: 265
Total Words: 1325
Last Submission Date: #2482, June 26, 2006, 9:33 P.M. (virginiaelizabeth2)
Total Time to Create Story: 5 days, 18 hours, 42 minutes.

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:52 pm (#2910 of 2977) [Edited Dec 26, 2010 4 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #22, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "Grawp’s Night of Confusion "

This story was written from June 21, 2006 to June 27, 2006. Fourteen writers contributed to the story, which is 1,325 words long. Six of the fourteen writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Jun 27, 2006 8:22 am: Wow- we managed to get rid of MacNair, Umbridge, Percy, AND Kreacher all in one night! Awesome!! 

- Snuffles, Jun 27, 2006 8:49 am: I enjoyed reading that story I contributed once , I think I shall have to make up for it this time 

- azi, Jun 27, 2006 10:26 am: Nice dark story, with a random ending.

- geauxtigers!, Jun 27, 2006 4:30 pm: I liked that story it was totally random! 

- Finn BV, Jun 27, 2006 10:20 pm: Anyway, enjoyable story, quite wacky. 

- Mediwitch, Jun 29, 2006 12:51 am: Hello all! That last story was verrrrryyy interesting! Sorry I missed out on participating in most of that one!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #23

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:37 am

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Jul 3, 2006 5:13 pm (#2777 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Harry's Night of Confusion"

Music wafted from the Great Hall. The excitement had reached fever pitch as the Weird Sisters played their final song. Everyone, including Professor Trelawney, got on the dance floor to shake their booties to the ground. The celebrations were held in honor of Professor McGonagall and her promotion to the Over 60’s Witches and Warlocks Transfiguration Impressiveness and Greatness Association. She had been awarded it for her dedication to Transfiguration Studies, Theories and Practices. She had accepted the award and now the whole school was showing that they were proud of her. Even Filch was complimenting her for a change.

The house-elves had outdone themselves by cleaning every available inch of the Great Hall. The floor shone so brightly the partiers could see the skid marks left when Filch unassumingly ran on the freshly polished floor. The food was spectacularly laid out. As everyone ate hungrily, Dumbledore stood up and began the toasts. “My first words tonight will be Nitwit, Blubber, Oddment and Tweak! And a new word: Gabardine, which means closely woven cotton. I hope you all use it many times, to show your loyalty to me. And now, let us dance the night away!”

Dumbledore took McGonagall’s hand and they danced elegantly to the school song, sung slowly by Fred and George, accompanied by a chorus of little house-elves wearing giant, bright tea cozies. They looked very funny, as house-elves didn’t normally sing, or wear bright clothes. This was a special occasion so they decided to dress themselves up.

In the corner of the hall stood a towering figure who looked at the tableau with teary eyes. It was Mad-Eye Moody. He was finally back to normal from the duel he had fought with Rodolphus Lestrange several weeks ago, and certainly looked worse for it. He had a pair of horns growing on his shoulders, but that wasn’t what drew attention to him. Instead, it was the swirling cloud of multicolored bats flying around his head and in and out of his cloak. No one could think of how to get close enough to dance with him. Mrs. Norris was watching him intently, but when Crookshanks came along she turned and hissed at him. She was also still keeping one yellow eye on Moody. After his last attempt to dance those ridiculous ’60s dance moves, she didn’t dare look away.

Unnoticed by Ginny, Harry snuck away from the party to see if everything was ready. He walked up the stairs to the first floor landing, stopping to make sure Peeves wasn’t waiting to drop his usual ink pellets on the first unsuspecting passer-by. He continued up the stairs cautiously, but Peeves wasn’t there. He reached the seventh floor and walked towards the blank stretch of wall, thinking, “I need a place to decorate for Ginny. We need it to be full of Chocolate Frogs, and ice cream.” He glanced at the wall: a door had appeared just in time. Footsteps were approaching, and he jumped into the room, closing the door. The room was full with all Ginny’s favorite things – Chocolate Frogs, Extendable Ears and a cute toy Pygmy Puff.

Harry smiled as he carried on searching for what he really wanted. Finally, he reached over and grabbed the item. He put it into his pocket, turned and noticed a shining light underneath the door in the corridor. Cautiously he stepped out underneath his invisibility cloak. There, on the floor, was a beautiful glowing sphere, showing pictures of Harry. From baby to teenager, the pictures changed, some had Hermione and Ron; others showed his parents, smiling and waving.

Harry kneeled down and picked the sphere up. The moment his fingers closed around the sphere he felt a wave of energy sweep through him, making his hair curl. The picture changed to show a darker image: a graveyard with a screaming Harry, writhing in pain. He dropped the sphere and stared down at Voldemort’s face. Harry shuddered as he remembered what had happened. He tried to think of anything, but his mind kept going back to that image. His curiosity surfaced again and he looked once more.

This time he felt his legs fall through the floor and dissolve into a swirl of lights and sound. Harry found himself standing in an empty room, with dark curtains draped in an untidy manner. Harry drew out his wand, ready to face whatever or whoever had done this. Nothing happened, which unnerved Harry. He looked suspicious. Suddenly, an invisible arm appeared and encased his wrist, pulling him towards a mirror, which was situated next to a dirty fireplace. Harry frantically tried to use his wand to stop, but the arm gave a persistent tug and Harry fell forward, unsure of what was happening. He was finally brought to a strange, dark place.

Harry looked around and saw that he seemed to be floating in the darkness of outer space. He seemed to be in that planet room. Luna did not seem surprised that Harry had all of a sudden remembered this. She had told him once, in a prophecy, that they would meet in here. The air was thin and filled with stars. Harry gazed in awe, not knowing why he was here or how he would get back to Ginny. He turned to look back, wanting to return but also captivated by what he saw around him. He felt weightless — and oddly free. It would be so easy just to drift away and forget about everything, but he suddenly realized that he needed to concentrate and force his way down to Ginny. He thought about how best to accomplish this. Perhaps if he thought really hard or jumped it would work.

Harry thought, I need to get back to Hogwarts. He then spun hard to the left, only to lose his balance and fall into floating again. It seemed as if he’d be there forever. All of a sudden, he felt himself sinking back to the Room of Requirement. His feet his solid ground. Harry stood up thinking, What on earth happened then? He shook his head, trying to make sense of what had occurred. Suddenly he heard footsteps echoing through the corridor. He froze, listening as the visitor came closer and closer. The doorknob creaked as the young witch entered the blackness. “Tonks? I was expecting Ginny.”

“Harry, since you left, the world has turned upside down!”

“Well, I’d return, but it seems my feet are glued to the floor here; can you pull me out?” Tonks waved her wand and Harry became unstuck. “So,” he began, thinking of what to say. “How do you mean, ‘upside down’? Is that even possible?”

“Well, if you enter this universe, the other one flips upside down,” said Tonks.

Now Harry had an idea. “If I go back and try to get into the planet room, I’ll see if it will change things back to the present. I need to see if I can get back. Harry turned to Tonks. “Can you tell me how to get back to the real world? Ginny is in the Great Hall waiting for me. She saw me slip out and she’ll be wondering what’s taking me.”

Harry stepped out of the Room of Requirement in a puff of green smoke. Everything was back to normal as he set off toward the Hall looking for Ginny. When he arrived, he saw Ginny running over to meet him. She had a frightened look upon her face. “Harry! Where have you been? It’s Ron, you must come and see if you can get him. He was hit by Venus when the universe flipped, and knocked into Ursa Minor, says Firenze. You are going to laugh! His ears are two feet long! He tried to curse Malfoy, but, well, long story. Come on, let’s go congratulate McGonagall.”

They walked towards the Great Hall, forgetting Ron, and approached McGonagall.

“Congratulations, Professor!” said Harry.

McGonagall looked down at him. “Thanks, Potter.”

Harry turned to Ron, who had a very strange look on his face. “I’m confused,” said Ron.

“Me too,” said Harry. “I’ve been confused the entire night! I was here, then I wasn’t… bit weird. Chocolate frog?” Ron accepted and they headed up to the Gryffindor Tower.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #23 stats

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:38 am

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Jul 3, 2006 5:18 pm (#2778 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 23

User
# of Submissions
  Phelim Mcintyre   11
  Snuffles   32
  azi   41
  Julie Aronson   22
  geauxtigers!   47
  Tazzygirl   17
  dobbyiscool   1
  Puck   22
  virginiaelizabeth2   48
  Good Evans   9
  Finn BV   13
  Mediwitch   7
  haymoni   1
  Regan of Gong   5

Total Submissions: 276

Total Words: 1380

Last Submission Date: #2768, July 2, 2006, 9:17 P.M. (virginiaelizabeth2)
Total Time to Create Story: 5 days, 13 hours, 34 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #23 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:43 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:52 pm (#2911 of 2977) [Edited Dec 26, 2010 4:32 am on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #23, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "Harry’s Night of Confusion "

This story was written from June 27, 2006 to July 2, 2006. Fourteen writers contributed to the story, which is 1,380 words long. Two of the fourteen writers posted feedback.

- Mediwitch, Jul 3, 2006 10:31 pm: Well done on the last story - I was pretty confused but you guys did a super job making sense of it! 

- Finn BV, Jul 4, 2006 1:34 am: Just read the story (finally!)… I really like the ending! Harry goes for Ron and not Ginny in the end. (I mean, he'd rather be with his best mate than his girlfriend.) Cute!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #24

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:51 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Jul 6, 2006 11:38 pm (#2937 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Dudley’s Birthday Party"

It was Dudley’s seventeenth birthday. Harry was under strict orders to keep out of the way, and especially not to ruin the cake by dropping it; in fact, if he should do such a thing he would not be let out of his room for at least a year. He thought he might sneak down and try to hex the cake, but he really wanted to have a piece after Dudley finished.

Gordon, Malcolm, and Piers were coming to Dudley’s party and Harry hid a smug grin. He didn’t want them to come, but his plot would not be disrupted by anyone. He thought it over and couldn’t wait to begin. First, he would wear his polka-dotted hat atop the Invisibility Cloak. He heard the doorbell ring as Aunt Marge entered.

“One, two —,” he said.

“Harry!”

Harry groaned. He didn’t want to fetch her bags again. Slowly, he trudged downstairs towards the loud racket Marge was making. Ripper was chasing a ball that Marge had thrown. Aunt Petunia looked horrified at the potential mess this would make on the carpet. Harry collected the suitcase and heaved it upstairs to the bedroom. There, he put on the Cloak and waited for the party to begin.

Hedwig landed on the nightstand and hooted approvingly at Harry. Harry grinned at her. “Almost time, Hedwig,” he said, feeding the owl some treats.

“Harry!” shouted Aunt Petunia. “Come down here now. Dudders is opening his presents.” Harry put on his Cloak again, and the hat, and proceeded to carefully walk towards the top of the stairs. Slowly he crept down, making as little noise as possible. Piers was the first to arrive, so Harry figured he’d be the first victim. Grinning, he stole within inches of the still rat-faced boy and whispered in his ear, “I know something about you!” Piers screamed shrilly and jumped so high his head managed to bang into the large grandfather clock on the wall, smashing the glass and causing Aunt Petunia to shriek loudly. She rushed to clean up the mess when she spied a hat floating in mid-air. She screamed and ran as fast as she could, calling for Uncle Vernon. Harry dashed to the stairs quickly, hoping to get back before Aunt Petunia figured out what had happened. He closed the door, pulled the hat and the cloak off and hid it under the loose floorboard. He was off the hook! Or so he thought.

“Get down here now, boy!” Uncle Vernon was bellowing as usual, and as red as a ripe tomato. Harry warily stayed away from Vernon, and continued with his plan. His next target was going to witness an exploding chocolate cake in the face. It would be his uncle.

“Coming!” Harry shouted and he sauntered casually into the room. Piers was still looking round for the hat when Vernon said, “What the devil do you think you’re doing?!” He leaned in so close to Harry that the sardine sandwich bits left in his moustache were clearly visible. Acting innocent, Harry made sure he was set to explode the cake with a well-placed Weasleys’ Wild-Fire Whacker. “If you ever,” continued Uncle Vernon, now going puce, “ever try pulling a stunt like that again, I’ll see that you…”

Uncle Vernon stopped mid-sentence. He turned to stare at Dudley, who happened to be choking on some cake. Smoke was bellowing from his ears and nose, and he started making popping noises. Harry gazed in horror, wondering how much more Dudley could take before exploding. He hadn’t been expecting such quick results but, nevertheless, he watched in horror. Dudley was changing colors like a confused rainbow, and showed no sign of getting better. Finally, Harry decided to bring the small bottle which Dudley could use as an antidote. He waved the bottle under Dudley’s nose and he squealed, but it was too late. The exploding cake did its worst. Frosting shot from Dudley’s nose, as a dull thud was heard – Aunt Petunia fainting. Vernon didn’t catch her as the shock of an exploding cake within his son was too much for him to take. His hands grabbed Harry around his wrists to pry his wand out of his hand.

After a huge struggle, Harry got away, and ran out the front door and down the path, Vernon bellowing, Dudley oozing cake, and Petunia lying on the floor, now far behind him. Harry smiled. That had been an amazing party. Finally, he had found a way to get revenge for his many rotten birthdays.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume II, Story #24 stats and post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:54 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Jul 6, 2006 11:38 pm (#2938 of 2958) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 24

User
# of Submissions
  virginiaelizabeth2   14
  Puck   17
  geauxtigers!   14
  Julie Aronson   12
  Snuffles   27
  Finn BV   12
  Mediwitch   10
  Tazzygirl   10
  azi   21
  Regan of Gong   2
  haymoni   3
  Good Evans   4
  Phelim Mcintyre   5
  dobbyiscool   1

Total Submissions: 152
Total Words: 760

Last Submission Date: #2932, July 6, 2006, 9:05 A.M. (Puck)

Total Time to Create Story: 2 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes.

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic Nov 23, 2010 11:52 pm (#2912 of 2977) [Edited Dec 27, 2010 12 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #24, Volume II,
Potty Five Words: "Dudley’s Birthday Party "

This story was written from July 3, 2006 to July 6, 2006. Fourteen writers contributed to the story, which is 760 words long. Three of the fourteen writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Jul 7, 2006 12:33 am: You know, I almost feel sorry for Dudley... not!! I liked this story! 

- Finn BV, Jul 7, 2006 12:56 am: I liked this story! Short but sweet is right! And congrats to Snuffles!

- Mediwitch, Jul 7, 2006 2:42 am: I actually loved this one - Dudley snarfing frosting!! *snicker*

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 3 Empty Re: Archive of Five Words Stories

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next