HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Votes On All Things Harry Potter

Go down

Votes On All Things Harry Potter Empty Votes On All Things Harry Potter

Post  John Bumbledore Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:34 am

=+=+= Votes On All Things Harry Potter =+=+=

S.E. Jones - Nov 21, 2006 1:34 am
[Edited by Kip Carter Dec 20, 2006 10:44 am

This folder area is for threads that present votes and/or polls on All Things Harry Potter.

Group below: 240

Over the last year, the ability to take polls has been inoperate due to some problems within World Crossing. I have not given up hope that the poll function will return; however I have no idea of when it will or how it will operate when it does if it does return. Before the poll function was made a part of our Forums, individual members used threads to vote on issues with the person starting the discussion setting the guidelines and boundaries for the voting. Liz Mann started the initial thread, -- Vote (posts from Aug 29, 2003 to May 6, 2004), which was followed by -- Vote (posts from May 6, 2004 to April 16, 2005). Liz did an outstanding job on keeping the Vote thread one of the most popular threads on our Forum. When the Poll Function was added, it required that a Host be in charge due to the complexity of the operations. With the addition also of Folders, the Polls and occasional Votes (similiar to the old system) produced an extremely successful new venture, = Vote Folder (16 Apr 05 to 9 Feb 06), with 27 polls encompassing 1,772 individual votes and 827 messages during the ten months of operations. The average number of votes per poll was 71 with the highest being 93 (# Dead or Not? (1 Aug 2005 - 13 Sep 2005).

As for what the future will bring, I have no concrete ideas. I do know that a number of our members have expressed their desire to once again have a system to voice our opinions about issues that interest our Forum. One of our Hosts, S.E. Jones, recently felt that she would like to try to get the system running again. I completely support her desire and actions.

Some of you know that I have planned to invite a number of new Hosts on board; however due to some major problems I am having with my computers, I have been unable to complete the process. I had already made a decision as to which new Host would be in charge of the Vote Folder. Until that new Host is invited, I hope that the system Sarah has developed allows each of you to enjoy the return of our voting system. Enough said for the present. I have closed out and moved the old thread, # Poll Suggestions - Submit Yours Here or By Email into this folder and Sarah has established a new thread # Poll Suggestions - Submit Yours Here. - Kip 20 Dec 2006

John Bumbledore
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

http://HPLF-work.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down