HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Efforts to Archive WX Threads

+9
Thom Matheson
Verity Weasley
Madam Pince
Mona
John Bumbledore
Elanor
Lady Arabella
Julia H.
Potteraholic
13 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Efforts to Archive WX Threads

Post  Potteraholic Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:37 am

This thread was opened on the old Forum by Odo the Hero - Apr 23, 2010 6:02 am.

Discussion is currently ongoing at Questions for the Hosts regarding methods of archiving threads and coordinating such archival. I have started this new thread, with the title suggested by Solitaire, so that it can be used specifically for discussions of that nature. I also think it is a good idea to post on this thread which threads you have successfully archived, to eliminate redundancy.

Currently, these threads are known to be archived:
Elanor has the current and archived Alchemy threads.
me and my shadow 813 has a thread with 125 posts. (This could be "Colors, Symbols, and Archetypes".)
Kip Carter has some unknown threads.

I am about to start archiving the Severus Snape threads, starting with the oldest.

I added in this comment later:

me and my shadow 813 organized, assembled, and created an excellent list of all the threads that had been archived from this thread's inception to May, 11, 2010 (Post #85). ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can be found in the following post, but due to time constraints, none of her original color, bold, and italics formatting is included.)

Since the original list was getting quite long, I thought it might be helpful to assemble all this information in a table, which hopefully takes up a bit less space. I will update this table periodically, hopefully every few days or so. ~ Potteraholic, March 21, 2011)

As of April 7, 2011, due to the extensive efforts of a hardy band of archivists, many threads have been saved, and the table has gotten quite long. But I still feel it is a good way to update what's been archived, and hopefully, over the next few months, what will be posted here in our new home. The table is only 1/4 complete at the moment — I'm having to convert the original table's HTML code to this Forum's BBCode — and hope to be finished in a few days' time.

Please note in this thread what you've archived, and then posted here in our new home, and I will update the table accordingly. It will be more helpful to post this information here from now on, rather than in the old Forum, I think, since we only have 8 days left there. It will be time-consuming to copy and paste the updating info. folks post there just to transfer it over to here, and it makes more sense to me to have one step to complete, rather than two or more.

Thanks for all your help!
~ PAH

As of Apr 20, 2011, there used to be a 'Table of Threads Archived from World Crossing' in the bottom half of this post. This table contained a listing of WX threads that Forum members had archived/were archiving from World Crossing before the site closed on April 15, 2011. I posted this table to help archivists keep track of which threads had been archived and by whom. It was also posted it to show which threads had been reposted here and by whom. But it became clear, with all the archiving done by Elanor, jose043, John Bumbledore, Julia H., Lady Arabella, Mona Amon, Verity Weasley, and me, that the table's length would soon outgrow the size of this first post. With no empty posts directly following the header post, in which to post the complete table in successive and continuous chunks, I decided to open a new thread, a locked and read-only thread, in which [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] could be posted. ~ PAH

Here's a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to some suggested/(*strongly recommended) guidelines on how to repost archived threads: (*my editorial note Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2752390508)

Like a Star @ heaven For those who need some guidelines about how to make [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Good luck! Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2752390508

Index of Archivists' complete lists of archived WX threads:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:32 am
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:04 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Tues Apr 19, 2011 3:21 am
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:14 pm (list is in 2 parts)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Tues Apr 19, 2011 12:33 am

Edited by John 04/29/2011
I added the link to my list. ~ John

Index of Archivists' updated lists of REPOSTED archived WX threads

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

as of September 25, 2011: 310/526* threads reposted! cheers almost 59%! bounce Efforts to Archive WX Threads 266347159 bounce

NOTE: The total of threads to be reposted has decreased a few times-
• one folder of 39 threads, a read-along folder, was condensed into one thread,
thereby causing the total # of threads to shrink from 573 to 535, July 24, 2011.
• one thread was posted twice, bringing the # down to 534, July 25, 2011.
• 2 threads were just parts of a bigger thread, the Five words Stories Archives,
so the total # went from 534 to 532 on July 28, 2011.
• There were some duplicate threads listed on the table, so the total
number of threads to repost decreased by 3 on August 9, 2011.
• There were more duplicate threads listed on the table, so the total
number of threads to repost decreased by 3 again on August 10, 2011.
Reposting Progress

• May 23, 2011 - almost 10%
• May 27, 2011 – just over 11%
• May 29, 2011 – just over 15%
• June 4, 2011 – almost 20%
• June 5, 2011 – almost 21%
• June 12, 2011 – nearly 23%
• June 25, 2011 – almost 31%
• July 9, 2011 - almost exactly 38%
• July 18, 2011 – just over 44%
• July 24, 2011 - a bit over 50%
• July 29, 2011 - almost 52%
• Aug 2, 2011 - a smidge away from 52%
• Aug 8, 2011 - a smidge away from 53%
• Aug 10, 2011 - a bit over 53%
• Aug 28, 2011 - halfway to 54%
• Sept 5, 2011 - halfway to 56%
• Sept 18, 2011 - just over 56%
• Sept 25, 2011 - 59%
• date
• date
• date
• date
• date
• date
• date
• date
• date

Okay, folks. The tables are done and can be found here:

Index of Tables of Threads Archived from World Crossing

• Table of Threads Archived/Reposted from World Crossing, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
• Table of Threads Archived/Reposted from World Crossing, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
OPTION V = √

Happy reposting folks! Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2752390508

...and when you need some reposting ***strengthening charms***

'virtual' pats-on-the-back from:

Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2222139670  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 104 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Efforts to Archive Threads - me and my shadow 813's original update list

Post  Potteraholic Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:41 am

me and my shadow 813 - May 11, 2010 9:55 am (#85 of 185)

UPDATED LIST OF ARCHIVED THREADS

• (Current / not current) Discussions Between Members
JKR Interviews/Website
This Section is being archived by John Bumbledore
JK Rowling Official Site { parts 1, 2, 3 } (JB)

• Problems in the Harry Potter Books
HP and the Deathly Hallows Chapter Folder
This Section has been archived by Julia H

• Hogwarts Students During the Harry Potter Years

• Hogwarts Staff Members - Past and Present
Snape 1 - end Nov '03 (OD)
Snape 2 - end Oct '04 (OD)
Snape 3 - end Sep '05 (OD)
Snape 6 - end Jul '08 (JH)
Snape 7 - end Feb '10 (MA)
Albus Dumbledore (MA)

• Wizards, Witches, Muggles, Squibs, Ghosts, Etc.
Sirius Black (MA)

• Theories
This Section has been archived by M&MShadow

• Predictions

• Potter-Pourri
This Section is being archived by M&MShadow
Was the Major Death in HBP Real? (MM)

• Magical Creatures and Plants

• Magical Items, Spells, and Potions

• Magical Places

• The World and the HP Phenomenon
Alchemy Symbols: Silver to Gold/ 4 Temperaments { parts 1, 2 } (EL)
Potty Games Vol. I (JB)
All Game Threads are being archived by John Bumbledore

• Opinions On All Things Harry Potter

• Votes On All Things Harry Potter

• Harry Potter Book Read Along
This Section is being archived by Julia H

• Harry Potter Related News

• Harry Potter Movies
This Section is being archived by dizzy lizzy
1st movie: HP & Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone discussion (DL)
Discussions about the Cast of any HP movie (MM)

• New Discussion Threads Not Placed
Slytherin Should be Disbanded (MA)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Julia's update

Post  Julia H. Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:42 am

Good idea to move this thread over here! Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2752390508

This is what I have recently saved:

JH, Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration, New Discussion Threads Not Placed, N

JH, Polyjuice Potion: Who tastes like what? New Discussion Threads Not Placed, N

JH, What is this thing called, Love? New Discussion Threads Not Placed, N

In progress: JH, HP and the HBP (Chapter-by-Chapter Discussions) Folder. (I want to archive all threads in that folder.), N

*Waves to fellow archivists*

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty LA's update

Post  Lady Arabella Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 pm

**waves back to fellow archivists**

I have taken the liberty of imposing some order in the Archived Threads on the new forum. Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2222139670

I created the same topics that we had here, so when posting the archived threads, they will fall within the original categories.

You should be able to click on the category, and then hit "Post New Topic" for the subject of the archived thread.

For instance, under Hogwarts Staff, Past and Present, click on "Post New Topic" with the title "Remus Lupin" and then add the discussions of Remus.

I hope that makes sense?

Since we've been able to archive so much of the original forum, I thought if we posted the topics to the new forum randomly, the threads would be hard to navigate and that this would makes things easier.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:58 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : LA - because apparently, I haven't learned how to spell . . . . / PAH - added post title)
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Elanor's update

Post  Elanor Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Here's what I have saved yesterday:

EL, Neville Longbottom, Hogwarts Students During the Harry Potter Years, N

EL, Rufus Scrimgeour, Wizards, Witches, Muggles, Squibs, Ghosts, Etc., N

EL, Lord Voldemort/Tom Riddle, Wizards, Witches, Muggles, Squibs, Ghosts, Etc., N

I had started saving a few threads from the "Wizards,Witches, Muggles, Squibs, etc. Group Section Folder" but L.A. has posted since then that she has already saved the whole folder so I'm going to move to another folder.

Following John's great summary of what remains to be saved, I'm going to work on the following threads between today and this weekend:

+ Other students of Hogwarts Hogwarts Students During the HP Years 270
+ Ginny Weasley Hogwarts Students During the HP Years 2152
+ Pansy Parkinson Hogwarts Students During the HP Years 496
+ Theodore Nott Hogwarts Students During the HP Years 161
+ Blaise Zabini Hogwarts Students During the HP Years 111
-- Cho Chang (posts from Nov 12, 2003 to Mar 24, 2004) Hogwarts Students During the HP Years 155

This should finish the archiving of the "Hogwarts Students During the HP Years" folder. Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2752390508

Maybe would it be good if everybody working on archiving would post what they are planning to work on so that we don't all save the same ones without knowing it? Just an idea! Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2222139670

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty LA's update #2

Post  Lady Arabella Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:27 pm

I think this is what I added to the old forum after post 164:

I copied the following, all from the Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder. I think I got about 1/3 of the threads in the folder.

LA - Did Harry have to come back from King's Cross? and Did Harry Have to Die? Was It Necessary? - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N (these were two short threads, almost on the same topic, so I combined them.)

LA - Horcruxes and the Way the Were Destroyed - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N

LA - What Harry Learns About Dumbledore - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N

LA - Questions Not Answered - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder- N

LA - Harry's Scar and Other Rune Symbols - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N (There are at least 3 threads in various places on this same subject, so when posting to the new forum, I will group them together)

LA - Voldemort's Defeat - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N

LA - What are the Dark Arts? What is evil? - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N

LA - The "Love Room" at the DoM, and Voldemort's Death - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N

LA - What will Harry find at Godric's Hollow? - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N

LA - Avada Kedavra and the Morality of Killing - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folderr - N

LA - Choice vs Destiny in the Harry Potter Universe - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N

LA - Harry's Eyes - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N

LA - The Veil and what happens to Sirius - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder- N

LA - The Snape/Dumbledore Puzzle and who sacrificed whom? - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N (again, there seem to be at least 3 threads in different folders, all pertaining to the same topic, so I will group them when posting to the new forum)

LA - The Most Important Question: Why Didn't Voldemort Die? - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder- N

LA - Not Covered in other threads - Potter-Pourri Group Sections Folder - N

LA - Write Your Own Epilogue for Severus Snape - Votes On All Things Harry Potter/Fanfiction Forum - N

LA - Philosophy of the Forum - Administrative Section - N

Great idea, Elanor! I am working on the Chat & Greeting Threads. I caved, and decided I wanted to save them.

So far I have copied the first and second C&G threads, and will work on the third and fourth threads today and tomorrow.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:59 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : LA - to add bolded font and cross posted with Elanor / PAH - added post title)
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty WX Threads Not Archived:

Post  John Bumbledore Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Single Post? (is it now that short?) Efforts to Archive WX Threads 3845856932 (Updated 04-15-2011)

Flag
Thread Title
Size
Administrative
Important Messages Concerning Our Forums
++** Forum Behavior - Please Read!2
++** The Lexicon Forum Staff0
++** Commonly Used Abbreviations for the Lexicon Forums3
++** Lexicon Forum Tops Bloomsbury's Web Site's Forum List17
Affiliates
++** New Recognition for the Lexicon24
Current Discussions Between Members
?# How do you ....... ?753
?# Additions/Changes to Calendar Suggested by Members71
?# Calendar Changes/Additions/Edits by Hosts41
?# Wandless magic - help the Lexicon compile a list60
?# The Floo Network Trivia Questions etalia34
History-- Meeting up after JKR at Radio City 8/1 & 8/2473
History-- Colorado Forum Gathering July 200681
History# DH Release Plans159
History# SECTUS 2007 (London) July 19-22139
History# Sectus 2009 (Wales) Bodelwyddan Castle 26-29 June17
History# Accio 2008 (Oxford) - 25-27th July101
History+ Portus 2008 (Dallas TX) July 10 - 1319
History-- 2nd Pennsylvania Forum Gathering - weekend of July 30th162
?-- Happy Birthday, Harry Potter Lexicon Forum!41
JKR's Interviews/Website and their Effects on Our Ideas
Problems in the Harry Potter Books
HP and the Deathly Hallows Chapter Folder ( 39 discussions)
Hogwarts Students During the Harry Potter Years
Hogwarts Staff Members - Past and Present
Wizards, Witches, Muggles, Squibs, Ghosts, Etc.
Theories
Predictions
Potter-pourri Observations & Questions
Magical Creatures and Plants
Magical Items, Spells, and Potions
Magical Places
The World and the Harry Potter Phenomenon
++ The Never-Ending HP Word-Association Game2,051
++ Fill in the Blanks94
--+ Who Said It?312
-+ Numbers Game (Vol. II)60
--+ Potty Games Archives (Members' Comments and Archivist's Workspace)106
+-- HP Related Trivia (9 Aug 04 - 4 Nov 07)2,932
Opinions On All Things Harry Potter
Votes On All Things Harry Potter
-/+-- Re: possible format changes for the Series Re-Read-Along now in progress (7/20/08-7/27/08)27
-/+-- Where did Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione settle down after marrying? (7/13/08-7/27/08)20
-/+-- In which wizarding house would you most like to live? (6/22/08-7/6/08)34
-/+-- Favorite quotes by Prof. McGonagall from Ootp (6/15/08-6/29/08)28
-/+-- Favorite quotes by Ron Weasley (6/15/08-6/29/08)23
-/+-- Which HP character has the best fashion sense? (5/4/08-5/18/08)28
-/+-- Which if your favorite quote by Ginny Weasley? (5/4/08-5/18/08)31
-/+-- Which is your favorite quote by Albus Dumbledore from books 2-4? (4/27/08-5/11/08)30
-/+-- Which is your favorite quote by Albus Dumbledore from book 1? (4/27/08-5/11/08)42
-/+-- A Poll About Polls (4/19/08 - 5/3/08)24
-/+-- Who would you like to see on a Famous Witch/Wizard Card on JKR's official website? (4/13/08-4/27/08)24
-/+-- Favorite quotes by Prof. Minerva McGonagall, books 1-4 (4/6/08-4/20/08)33
-/+-- Who Would You Prefer as Your Partner in a Fight Against Death Eaters? (3/31/08-4/13/08)46
-/+-- Second generation names were... (12/2/07-12/21/07)47
-/+-- Favorite part of reading DH (12/22/07-1/20/07)39
-/+-- How often do you check the forum? (11/11/07-12/2/07)44
-/+-- How many of your theories... were correct? (10/22/07-11/11/07)29
-/+-- How'd you feel about the epilogue? (10/1/07-10/21/07)47
-/+-- Will you stay active in the fandom? (8/8/07-8/29/07)46
-/+-- Your Initial Opinion of the Order of the Phoenix Film? (7/16/07-8/8/07)52
-/+-- Which teaser trailer do you like best? (7/5/07-7/25/07)17
-/+-- Where are the founders' portraits? (7/5/07-7/18/07)34
-/+-- Unknown Horcrux(es) (6/24/07-7/15/07)61
-/+-- Who will perform magic late in life? (7/2/07-7/15/07)65
-/+-- The DH Delux Cover (6/21/07-7/11/07)52
-/+-- First Chapter of Deathly Hallows (6/18/07-7/8/07)59
-/+-- Which minor character has a significant role in DH? (6/7/07-6/27/07)54
-/+-- Favorite cover overall (6/5/07-6/24/07)28
-/+-- Do you think Nagini is really a Horcrux? (5/31/07-6/20/07)55
-/+-- What was foreshadowed in the PoA movie? (5/27/07-6/17/07)36
-/+-- Are all 3 Unforgivable Curses equally evil? (5/14/07-6/3/07)35
-/+-- Who will suffer from the Unforgivables? (5/9/07-5/30/07)19
-/+-- Harry's new pet? (5/6/07-5/27/07)37
-/+-- Biggest secret revealed in Deathly Hallows? (3/24/07-4/14/07)53
-/+-- April Fool's poll (4/1/07-4/11/07)40
-/+-- What should Voldemort do next? (3/14/07-4/4/07)40
-/+-- Will Harry return to Hogwarts? (3/11/07-4/1/07)46
-/+-- What is your favorite book and why? (4/25/07-5/16/07)40
-/+-- "Nitwit, Blubber, Oddment, Tweak" (4/22/07-5/13/07)44
-/+-- What degree of esteem did Severus have for Lily? (4/18/07-5/9/07)41
-/+-- Who got the reprieve and who died in DH? (4/14/07-5/5/07)40
-/+-- Where are they on the DH covers? (4/4/07-4/25/07)29
-/+-- Which is your favorite cover for DH? (4/1/07-4/22/07)42
-/+-- Will you look at the last page of DH? (3/27/07-4/18/07)71
-/+-- Which character are you most like? (3/6/07-3/27/07)50
-/+-- 'Ships that never sailed... (3/4/07-3/24/07)52
-/+-- What does "Deathly Hallows" refer to? (2/22/07-3/14/07)35
-/+-- Order of the Phoenix Leader in DH (2/18/07-3/11/07)37
-/+-- Is Harry a Horcrux? (2/13/07-3/06/07)57
-/+-- Krum in Book 7 (2/11/07-3/3/07)34
-/+-- Wizengamot Trial (Part III): Severus Snape (1/31/07-2/21/07)36
-/+-- What will you be doing the night Deathly Hallows is released? (1/27/07-2/18/07)76
-/+-- Valentine's Day Poll (2/12/07-2/16/07)38
-/+-- What was Malfoy's Task? (1/23/07-2/13/07)38
-/+-- Where's Trelawney? (1/20/07-2/10/07)52
-/+-- Wizengamot Trial (Part II): Severus Snape (1/9/07-1/30/07)52
-/+-- How did you get hooked on Harry Potter first? (1/6/07-1/27/07)44
-/+-- Will Harry or Hermione forgive Marietta? (1/2/07-1/23/07)43
-/+-- Will Harry make it? (12/30/06-1/20/07)44
-/+-- Pettigrew in Book 7 (12/19/06-1/9/07)45
-/+-- Wizengamot Trial (Part I): Severus Snape (12/12/06-1/6/07)47
-/+-- Favorite bad guy? (12/12/06-1/2/07)37
-/+-- Which is your favorite thread category? (12/9/06-12/30/06)26
-/+-- How do you prefer your polls? (11/27/06-12/18/06)26
-/+-- Which would you rather have right now? (11/21/06-12/12/06)26
-/+# Hardest Thread to Keep Up With (25 Sep 2005 - 12 Nov 2005)0
-/+# Dead or Not? (1 Aug 2005 - 13 Sep 2005)0
-/+-- Dead or Not? (1 Aug 2005 - 13 Sep 2005)104
-/+-- Dead or Not? (First Wave) (17 Jul 2005 - 1 Aug 2005)362
-/+# Disappointment About HBP? (8 Jul 2005 - 15 Jul 2005)0
-/+# Harry's OWLS Grade in Potions ONLY? (8 Jul 2005 - 15 Jul 2005)0
-/+# 12 Grimmauld Place Status? (7 Jul 2005 - 14 Jul 2005)0
-/+# New Location for OotP Headquarters? (7 Jul 2005 - 14 Jul 2005)0
-/+# Harry First Encounters HBP or Plot Point (6 Jul 2005 - 13 Jul 2005)0
-/+# Harry Meeting Next DADA Teacher? (6 Jul 2005 - 13 Jul 2005)0
-/+# Snape in HBP (5 Jul 2005 - 12 Jul 2005)0
-/+# Who Kills Major Character in HBP? (5 Jul 2005 - 12 Jul 2005)0
-/+# Leaving #4 Early (4 Jul 2005 - 11 Jul 2005)0
-/+# History Repeating - Another Rat (4 Jul 2005 - 11 Jul 2005)0
-/+# History Repeating (26 Jun 2005 - 3 Jul 2005)0
-/+# Magical Subject to School Curriculum? (26 Jun 2005 - 3 Jul 2005)0
-/+# Which Weasley Will Die in Book Six? (18 Jun 2005 - 26 Jun 2005)0
-/+# Thinking Ahead – OoP Movie (1 Jun 2005 - 8 Jun 2005)0
-/+# Books for Charity - 2nd Book (22 May 2005 to 29 May 2005)0
-/+# Books for Charity (21 May 2005 to 28 May 2005)0
-/+# New Minister of Magic? (5 May 2005 to 13 May 2005)0
-/+# Judging Book 5 (OotP) By Its Cover? (2 May 2005 - 9 May 2005)0
-/+# Escape From Azkaban? (25 Apr 2005 to 2 May 2005)0
-/+# Magical Late In Life? (21 Apr 2005 to 28 Apr 2005)0
-/+# Scene in GoF Movie (18 Apr 2005 to 25 April 2005)0
-/+# Severus Snape at the Mirror of Erised (16 Apr 2005 to 18 Apr 2005)0
-/+# Best Half-Blood Prince Cover (16 Apr 2005 to 18 Apr 2005)0
-/+-- Vote412
-/+-- Poll Suggestions - Submit Yours Here or By Email (Closed)60
-/+-- Vote (posts from May 6, 2004 to April 16, 2005)2,970
-/+-- Vote (posts from Aug 29, 2003 to May 6, 2004)2,852
Harry Potter Book Read Along
-+ Series Re-read: Volunteer to Facilitate Chapters52
-+ Series Re-read: What Shall We Watch For?39
-+ Re-read/Discussion of All 7 Books (begins early July 2008)6
-# Harry Potter Series Read Along528
Harry Potter Related News
++ HP Book Banning Court Case in Georgia, USA209
++ MSN Article: "Overrated: Harry Potter" by Neil Smith55
++ British Literature Professor Says Harry Won't Die38
Harry Potter Movies
+# 1st movie: HP & Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone discussion353
+# 5th movie: HP & the Order of the Phoenix discussion (Part 2)554
+# 6th movie: HP & the Half-Blood Prince discussion1,553
+# 7th movie: HP & the Deathly Hallows discussion875
+# Discussions about the Cast of any HP movie.2,814
+# Geeky Movie Details280
+# Watch-Along - The Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone49
+-- Movie Thread Options/Placement- please read!19
+# 2nd movie: HP & the Chamber of Secrets discussion867
+# 3rd movie: HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban discussion (Part 2)1,282
+# 4th movie: HP & the Goblet of Fire discussion (Part 2)1,828
+# Potpouri of Discussions Not in the Above Threads222
+# Foreshadowing in the PoA movie39
+# Harry Potter Online Trading Card Game420
+-- 5th movie: HP & the Order of the Phoenix discussion (Part 1)2,966
+-- 3rd movie: HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban discussion (Part 1)2,929
+-- 4th movie: HP & the Goblet of Fire discussion (Part 1)2,968
New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed
Threads/Posts Removed from Active Groups for Edits
---- Holding Thread for Posts with Questions to be Answered15
Archived Threads to Be Worked
---- JKR *has* said who will live or die!13
---- 666 - Arithmancy Fun with a Calendar Date28
---- Hogwarts Staff & Students, 197131
-- House-elves - right or wrong?50
-- Why is Voldemort evil?112
-- Dumbledore, an Animagus99
-- "A Certain Room Mentioned In Book 4"108
-- Neville will become EVIL! 179
-- I have figured out Cornelius Fudge's dirty little secret!110
-- Is Draco evil?202
-- Are Slytherins all so Bad?133
-- Does Rita Skeeter know about Sirius?49
-- Amazing Discovery in Books!! **Spoiler**66
Condensed Archived Threads Folder ( 26 discussions)
?-- JK Rowling at the Edinburgh Festival - Aug 15th432
?-- Our Lexicon Steve is Keynote Speaker at Ottawa HP Convention30
?-- Special Events Centered Around 3rd Movie Release3
?-- Thanks from Steve & Kip14
?-- Questions to Steve about the Lexicon56
?-- The 5-Snitch Lexicon17
?-- What is the criterion for "Harry Potter canon"?13
?-- What are Red Herrings?8
?-- Just Found This in the Lexicon. Wow.15
?-- Timeline questions32
?-- Lexicon Trivia Time with Steve86
?-- SUPPORT THE LEXICON78
Geo?-- Forum Members/Time Zones60
?-- From Steve: your input please49
History-- History of the Forum4
History-- new forum (posts when this Forum began)19
?-- Forum Family News - 3/24/03 new item #127135
?-- The HP Lexicon FanFiction Forum and Link!8
?-- Forum staff35
?-- Pennsylvania June 4th Weekend Gathering 2004308
?-- Potter Gathering for Puget Sound 200435
?-- East Coast Gathering 200470
?-- Key things from book two?225
?-- George and Fred - Not so identical45
?-- There must be something important about Harry!!!!65
?-- Harry wasn't special when Voldemort tried to kill him.73
?-- Why does Snape want to be the DADA teacher so badly?116
?-- Hogwarts Express Train36
?-- The Imperius Curse20
?-- Dumbledore At school72
?-- A few questions that I've never seen adressed that I'd love some answers to181
?-- The Triwizard Cup29
?-- Major amounts of Arithmancy in HP (LONG!)22
?-- Accio24
?-- Wands48
?-- Magic and Muggle´s Natural sciences66
?-- Thoughts about translations212
?-- Ron125
?-- why did voldemort want to kill harry so much75
?-- "Stand aside, silly girl, stand aside now!" Why did Voldemort offer to spare Lily?300
?-- How Truthful is Dumbledore?37
?-- What was Bertha talking about in the penseive?39
?-- Is Snape a Vampire?216

List of WX Threads Not Archived.
(Updated 04-15-2011)

Last edited by John Bumbledore on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:27 am; edited 15 times in total
John Bumbledore
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

http://HPLF-work.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Which of threads was that?

Post  John Bumbledore Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Lady Arabella wrote:Great idea, Elanor! I am working on the Chat & Greeting Threads. I caved, and decided I wanted to save them.

So far I have copied the first and second C&G threads, and will work on the third and fourth threads today and tomorrow.
pirat
Me Lady, to which C&G threads might you be referring? Those in the "Current Discussions Between Members" section or in the "Archived Discussion Between Members" section way down yonder in the list? scratch

There be 22 closed C&G threads all together now. (please don't use roman numerals) affraid

(Oh goody, one can copy from my list and paste into a post! cheers )

For now I'll guess the oldest two are done.
LA -- Chat and Greeting ... Jun 04) Archived Discussion Between Members N
LA -- Chat and Greeting ... Feb 04) Archived Discussion Between Members N

and not these two

? -- Chat and Greetings... Mar 10) Current Discussions Between Members N
? -- Chat and Greetings... Oct 09) Current Discussions Between Members N

Last edited by John Bumbledore on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Bumbledore
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty LA's update #3

Post  Lady Arabella Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Oops! Sorry, John. Embarassed Embarassed

Let my try that one more time.

The following have been copied:

LA - Chat and Greeting Thread (25 Sept 03 to 26 Feb 04) - Archived Discussion Between Members Group Folder - N

LA - Chat and Greeting Thread (25 Feb 04 to 15 Jun 04) - Archived Discussion Between Members Group Folder - N

LA - Professor RJ Lupin/ Professor RJ Lupin's suitcase - Archived Original Threads That Have Been Condensed and Condensed Archived Threads Folder - N

Also done a while back, but to update the table:

LA - Gilderoy Lockhart -Hogwarts Staff, Past and Present - N

LA - Filius Flitwick - Hogwarts Staff, Past and Present - N

LA - Sibyll Trelawney - Hogwarts Staff, Past and Present - N

LA - Dolores Umbridge (06 Sep 03 to 18 Mar 04) - Hogwarts Staff, Past and Present - N

LA - Puzzles and Mysteries - Archived Original Threads That Have Been Condensed and Condensed Archived Threads Folder - N

LA - Is Poor Snuffles Going to Get Zapped? - Archived Original Threads That Have Been Condensed and Condensed Archived Threads Folder - N

In progress:

LA - Chat and Greeting Thread (15 Jun 04 to 2 Sep 04) - Hogwarts Staff, Past and Present - N

LA - Chat and Greeting Thread (2 Sep 04 to 30 Nov 04) - Hogwarts Staff, Past and Present - N

I solemnly swear I will use accurate thread titles in the future!!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : LA - couldn't get the smilies right / PAH - added post title)
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty What to put in the post content when you start an Archive with the New Topics link

Post  John Bumbledore Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:25 pm

I suggest we include a brief introduction on archive topic header post. (That is the very first post that starts a new topic). I plan to including the first post of the WX thread being archived in the header post as the contents of the Topic post/header when I start a new archive.
Edited by John 04/29/2011 03:04 PM

Her is an example:

This topic was opened to archive the above titled thread from the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum (HPLF) as it was created and hosted on World Crossing (WX) until WX ceased operation on 15 April 2011. ~ John
(Note well: Embedded images and links were not saved in this text based process. URLs included in the text have become active links and some character based emoticons were recognized and replaced with graphic emoticons automatically by the ForuMotion software.)

-- JK Rowling Official Site Vol. 1 (15 May 2004 - 9 Nov 2004)

Liz Mann - May 15, 2004 9:39 am
Edited by Kip Carter Nov 17, 2005 1:56 am

The above was produced by the following code:

Code:
[quote][color=#4B0096]This topic was opened to archive the above titled thread from the Harry Potter Lexicon Forum (HPLF) as it was created and hosted on World Crossing (WX) until WX ceased operation on 15 April 2011. ~ John
[size=10](Note well: Embedded images and links were not saved in this text based process.  URLs included in the text have become active links and some character based emoticons were recognized and replaced with graphic emoticons automatically by the ForuMotion software.)
[/size][/color][/quote]

[HR][size=18][b]-- JK Rowling Official Site Vol. 1  (15 May 2004 - 9 Nov 2004)[/b][/size]

[HR][b]Liz Mann[/b] - May 15, 2004 9:39 am   
[b][size=9]Edited by Kip Carter Nov 17, 2005 1:56 am[/size][/b]

Use one's own words introducing the archive and Perhaps an Index table as PAH suggests. Here is one archive I have just updated in this fashion: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I also have my profile setting such that by default I do not include my signature that you see following this sentence. I think it minimizes disruption of the archive and keeps it more cohesive.

Last edited by John Bumbledore on Wed May 18, 2011 1:58 pm; edited 6 times in total
John Bumbledore
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty My Updated Archive List (04-25-2011)

Post  John Bumbledore Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:02 pm

*Note: Section title for JKR's website and interviews and their effects on our Ideas (one thread) Folder (all the rest for that section.) Don't know if that will be significant to you PAH.

Thread Title
Archiver
Posted
Current Discussions Between Members
+ Farewell World CrossingJB
JKR's Interviews and Website and their Effects on Our Ideas
# JK Rowling Official SiteJBY
JKR's Interviews and Website and their Effects = Folder
+ Jo's DreamJBY
+ JKR Volkskrant interviewJB
+ J.K. Rowling on PottercastJB
+ JKR's interview on "60 Minutes"JB
+ Why did Dumbledore have James's cloak?JB
+ Book 7 (HP and the Deathly Hallows)JB
+ 'Chambers' Clues for Books Six and SevenJB
+ WOMBAT exams - general discussionJB
+ WOMBAT grade 1 questions and commentaryJB
+ WOMBAT grade 2 questions and commentaryJB
+ JKR Interview with Melissa & EmersonJB
+ The Black Family Tree and TapestryJB
+ Harry's shortest stay in Privet Drive so farJB
+ HBP & Nicolas FlamelJB
+ Conflicts with JKR's Answer Concerning Marauder's MapJB
-- JK Rowling Official Site (14 Jul 2005 - 1 Nov 2007)JBY
-- JK Rowling Official Site (9 Nov 2004 - 14 Jul 2005)JBY
-- JK Rowling Official Site (15 May 2004 - 9 Nov 2004)JBY
-- HBP Chapter TitlesJB
-- JKR Chat TranscriptJB
Problems in the Harry Potter Books
+ Problems in Book SixJB
+ Problems in PoAJB
+ Problems in 5th bookJB
-- Possible glitch in GoF?JB
+ Potty Games - Hangman Only, (Vol. II)JB
+ References to HP in Pop CultureJB
+ You Know You're A Harry Potter/Lexicon Fan When... [(Part D)]JB
+ Harry Potter Theme ParkJB
+ Potty Games - Hangman Only (Vol. I) (22 Jun 09 to 9 Jun 10)JB
-- Potty Games (Vol. VI) (11 May 08 to 12 Nov 08)JB
+ Logic ProblemJB
+ Fans with Significant Others who Don't Understand Harry PotterJB
-- Potty Games (Vol. V) (18 Dec 07 to 11 May 08)JB
-- Potty Games (Vol. IV) (25 Jun 07 to 18 Dec 07)JB
-- Potty Games (Vol. VII) (12 Nov 08 to 22 Jun 09)JB
-- Potty Games (Vol. I) (2 Feb 06 to 7 Jul 2006)JB
-- Potty Games (Vol. II) (7 Jul 06 to 15 Dec 06)JB
-- Potty Games (Vol. III) (15 Dec 06 to 25 Jun 07)JB
-- Potty HQJB
-- You Know You're A Harry Potter/Lexicon Fan When… (Part C)JB
-- You Know You're A Harry Potter/Lexicon Fan When… (Part B)JB
-- You Know You're A Harry Potter/Lexicon Fan When… (Part A)JBY
Opinions On All Things Harry Potter
+ Recommended ReadingJB
+ HBP: a guaranteed success?JB
Votes On All Things Harry Potter
-- Vote Folder GuidelinesJB
# Poll/Result DiscussionsJB
# Poll Suggestions - Submit Yours HereJB
Harry Potter Movies
# 1st movie: HP & Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone discussionJB
Condensed Archived Threads Folder ( 26 discussions)
-- Welcomes to "Tell About Yourself" Posters and CommentsJB

EDIT: Is this your updated list, John? I'm not sure where I had it linked, tho. Also, I made a spelling change here and in the header, of 'World Crossing' in your quote box. it was missing the 'd'. You may want to check other posts where that quote box appears. ~ PAH, April 27, 2011

Last edited by John Bumbledore on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit to update list)
John Bumbledore
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Julia's update #2

Post  Julia H. Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:27 pm

I have saved

JH, all 32 threads in the HP and the HBP (Chapter-by-Chapter Discussions) Folder , N.

(I'm too tired to write out the names of the threads.)

It took a bit long this time, because I found some fascinating posts there, which I had to read. Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2752390508

Have a nice weekend, everyone! Sleep

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty LA's update #4

Post  Lady Arabella Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Wow, Julia! No wonder you are tired! I know what you mean about stopping to read as you copy. Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2752390508 The threads are addictive!

Following Elanor's suggestion, this weekend I will work on these threads in the Archived Discussion Between Members Group Section Folder:

Chat and Greeting Thread 1 Dec 04 to 14 Mar 05
Chat and Greeting Thread 15 Mar 05 to 6 Jun 05
Chat and Greeting Thread 6 Jun 05 to 31 Aug 05
Chat and Greeting Thread 31 Aug 05 to 12 Jan 06

I will also copy "The Philosophy of the Forum" in Important Messages Concerning Our Forum

And I had posted to the old forum but forgot to post here, that I had copied
"Mark Evans" - Hogwarts Students in the Harry Potter Years.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:01 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : LA - pure idiocy / PAH - added post title)
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Mona's update

Post  Mona Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:08 am

MA, The Elder Wand - Deathly Hallow #1, Magical Items, Spells, and Potions - N

I'm going to start copying this.

EDIT: Finished!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Elanor's update #2

Post  Elanor Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:37 am

That's a great idea about the introduction line when reposting John! And thank you again so much for that great list of yours! Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2222139670

So, I have finished saving the following threads:

EL, Other Students of Hogwarts, Hogwarts Students During the HP Years, N

EL, Ginny Weasley, Hogwarts Students During the HP Years, N

EL, Pansy Parkinson, Hogwarts Students During the HP Years, N

EL, Theodore Nott, Hogwarts Students During the HP Years, N

EL, Blaise Zabini, Hogwarts Students During the HP Years, N

EL, Cho Chang (posts from Nov 12, 2003 to Mar 24, 2004), Hogwarts Students During the HP Years, N

(BTW, the Neville thread still appears in your updated list John but I have saved it. Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2752390508)

I'm now going to work on the remaining threads of the "Predictions" folder:

+/- -- Who will die in books 6/7? Predictions: Folder
+/- -- Predictions for Book Seven Predictions: Folder
+/- -- Predictions List: ... y Topics Predictions: Folder
+/- -- Ron's Predictions Predictions: Folder
+/- -- Treason in Book 6 and/or 7 Predictions: Folder
+/- -- Magic Late in Life Predictions: Folder
+/- -- The students' future careers Predictions: Folder
+/- -- Who will be the ne... Teacher? Predictions: Folder
+/- -- Shake-up at the Ministry Predictions: Folder
+/- -- Predictions for bo... nd seven Predictions: Folder
+/- -- Predictions for Ha... s grades Predictions: Folder

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty LA's update #5

Post  Lady Arabella Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:04 am

The Chat Threads I listed are done, so I will forge ahead with Chat and Greeting Threads 12 Jan 06 to 12 May 06; 12 May 06 to 27 Jul 06; 27 July 06 to 6 Oct 06; and 6 Oct 06 to 3 Jan 07.

I figure that if I can do 4 Chat threads per day, I will get the current one done by the 14th.

**repeats to self: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can . . . . ***

And unless, someone else has done it, I will copy the following

LA - Remembering timrew(Scrambled Eggs) - Current Discussions Between Members

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Elanor's update #3

Post  Elanor Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:07 am

I have finished saving the following threads which make the whole "Predictions" folder (the "I Gotta Gloat! (About My Prediction or Theory)" thread was not on John's list so it must have been saved already but since it was a short thread and I had the remaining 11 ones from the folder I copied it as well to have the whole folder in one place):

EL, Who will die in books 6/7?, Predictions, N

EL, Predictions for Book Seven, Predictions, N

EL, Predictions List: 10 Quick and Easy Topics, Predictions, N

EL, Ron's Predictions, Predictions, N

EL, Treason in Book 6 and/or 7, Predictions, N

EL, Magic Late in Life, Predictions, N

EL, The students' future careers , Predictions, N

EL, Who will be the next DADA Teacher? , Predictions, N

EL, Shake-up at the Ministry , Predictions, N

EL, I Gotta Gloat! (About My Prediction or Theory) Predictions, N

EL, Predictions for books six and seven, Predictions, N

EL, Predictions for Harry's OWLs grades, Predictions, N

I'll now be working on more threads from the Potter-pourri Observations & Questions folder. If I read the list and what you have already saved well L.A., these must be still among those remaining to be copied:

+ What Connections Can You Now Make After Re-Reading Potter-pourri Observations & Questions
+ Why did the parents allow Umbridge? Potter-pourri Observations & Questions
-- Things which struck you as "odd" (Part I) Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Wizarding Employment: They're All Government Jobs Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Spinner's End Dissected Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Plot Inconsistency or Red Herring: Which Is It? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Updating Dumbledore: When he knew things Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Cabbage Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Lily's Letter to Sirius Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ JKR Change: Two to Die, One Reprieved - Who? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Deaths in Book Seven Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Did Harry Die? Was It Necessary? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Who did Hagrid meet at the Hogs Head in SS Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Hogwarts Boundries - Just a thought Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Characters admitting that they might be wrong... Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ The Riddle House, its Owner, & Will It a Part of Book 7? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ A Muggleborn Death Eater Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ The Longbottoms - what is the secret behind their illness? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Punishment Fitting the Crimes Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ The Prophecy II Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder

Please forgive any mistake, I'm a bit cross-eyed again after saving several threads right after breakfast, lol! What a Face

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Re: Efforts to Archive WX Threads

Post  Julia H. Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:01 am

Elanor, I have already saved Things which struck you as "odd" (Part I-II).
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Elanor's update #4

Post  Elanor Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:38 am

That's great news Julia! Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2222139670 This was the longest thread of my list so now I have been able to save the following threads quickly enough:

EL, What Connections Can You Now Make After Re-Reading, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Why did the parents allow Umbridge?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Wizarding Employment: They're All Government Jobs, Potter-pourri Observations & Questio
ns
, N

EL, Spinner's End Dissected, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Plot Inconsistency or Red Herring: Which Is It?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Updating Dumbledore: When he knew things, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Cabbage, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Lily's Letter to Sirius, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, JKR Change: Two to Die, One Reprieved - Who?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Deaths in Book Seven, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Did Harry Die? Was It Necessary?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Who did Hagrid meet at the Hogs Head in SS, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Hogwarts Boundries - Just a thought, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Characters admitting that they might be wrong..., Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, The Riddle House, its Owner, & Will It a Part of Book 7?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, A Muggleborn Death Eater, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, The Longbottoms - what is the secret behind their illness?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Punishment Fitting the Crimes, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, The Prophecy II, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

And now I'm going to archive the rest of the "Potter-pourri" folder, that is:

+ Hogwarts Houses - Is diversity the real strength ? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Will Harry Return to Hogwarts? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Horcrux: ...Voldemort´s wand Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ CoS Quidditch and Book 7 - related ? ? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Hogwarts's Future: How The Teachers Voted Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Did Lord Voldemort really choose Harry? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Was the Major Death in the HBP real? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Is Voldemort Our Next Ghost? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ The Trio At Privet Drive and More ... Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ What did we learn about Lily in book 5? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Three Cheers For Evil Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Dumbledore's Will Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Value of PS/SS in the series? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ GoF Maze: book vs. movie Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Trelawney & LV Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Grieving realistically portrayed? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ The Wedding Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ What can we learn from Harry's Dreams? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Voldemort and Death Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ The Photograph Moody Showed Harry Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Change of Heart - Change your Mind Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Why Dumbledore Trusted Snape? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Consequences of the Death of Albus Dumbledore Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Future of Hogwarts? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Assumptions We've Been Making about Rest of Series Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Are the Characters Becoming Too Harsh? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Who Knows that Lord Voldemort is Really Tom Riddle? Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder
+ Harry Potter Acceptance Letter Potter-pourri Observations & Qs: Folder

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Great work, everyone!

Post  Potteraholic Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi archivists!

Thanks for all your hard work and posts with update information. Anne and Josephine, I'll make sure to include the Calendar in the table, when I get to it.

I will not be updating the table today... I have too much archiving and reviewing of already archived stuff to do. I will update the table during the week. Hmmm... I wonder how much info. that table will be able to hold before maxing out the total capacity of that post? I guess we'll have to wait and see! Surprised

The Potty Games threads I'm archiving/reviewing what others have archived (thanks Verity and Mona!Very Happy) are:
(I am NOT archiving all posts in all threads. I would have too much searching to do to compile organized archives of info. here.)

- Five Words (Volumes I to XIII), ONLY: stories, stats, post-story comments, archive of stories section lists, and various and sundry other info. relevant to Five Wording

- 20 Questions games and answers

- 20 Questions games and answers archive of categories section lists

- HP Trivia Quizzes and Answers, NOT different posters' attempts at answering the quizzes

- HP Riddles and Answers, NOT different posters' attempts at answering the riddles

I am only archiving these finished stories, games, quizzes, and riddles because, as I said, it will be easier to construct an easy to access archive of this information without having to wade through 1,000s and 1,000s and 1,000s, etc. of posts.

Keep up the great work everyone and really, we should share a virtual round of butterbeers on the 15th!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Elanor's update #5

Post  Elanor Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:58 pm

We should PaH! Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2222139670 santé!

I have now finished copying the remaining threads of the "Potter-pourri" folder, except for the "Was the Major Death in the HBP real?" thread that is on John's list but that I somehow thought had been saved already so I'm going to try and check if it has indeed been saved or not. If it has not been copied yet, I'll do it next. Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2752390508

EL, Hogwarts Houses - Is diversity the real strength ?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Will Harry Return to Hogwarts?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Horcrux: ...Voldemort´s wand, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, CoS Quidditch and Book 7 - related ?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Hogwarts's Future: How The Teachers Voted, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Did Lord Voldemort really choose Harry?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Is Voldemort Our Next Ghost?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, The Trio At Privet Drive and More ..., Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, What did we learn about Lily in book 5?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Three Cheers For Evil, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Dumbledore's Will, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Value of PS/SS in the series?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, GoF Maze: book vs. movie, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Trelawney & LV, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Grieving realistically portrayed?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, The Wedding, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, What can we learn from Harry's Dreams?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Voldemort and Death, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, The Photograph Moody Showed Harry, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Change of Heart - Change your Mind, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Why Dumbledore Trusted Snape?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Consequences of the Death of Albus Dumbledore, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Future of Hogwarts?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Assumptions We've Been Making about Rest of Series, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Are the Characters Becoming Too Harsh?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Who Knows that Lord Voldemort is Really Tom Riddle?, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

EL, Harry Potter Acceptance Letter, Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, N

All right, my eyes are now telling me some 50 threads are enough for today or I'll soon look like this: cyclops geek Bon courage to my fellow archivists for your day's work!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Elanor, I did "Was the Major Death in HBP Real," and I think MAMS did as well! Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2752390508 (Better saved multiple times that never at all!)

Woo Hoo on all those threads you are copying! I'm surprised your eyes haven't fallen completely out of your head. (Now that would be a fun emoticon to have!)
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Elanor's update #6

Post  Elanor Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:05 pm

We may need such emoticon soon indeed L.A.! Efforts to Archive WX Threads 2222139670

I thought that thread had been saved, it just rang a bell.

I don't have as much time as during the weekend for saving threads unfortunately but I'm going to work on the following ones:

First:

HPL-Forum meeting in Europe -- Accio ´05 and future meetings

And then, following John's list:

+ Important and classified spouse - who and why? Wizards, Witches, Muggles, Squibs, Ghosts, Etc
+ Mrs. Cole Wizards, Witches, Muggles, Squibs, Ghosts, Etc.
+ 'Ship-'Ship (Exploring Relationships) Theories: Folder
+ The Mystery Slytherin (OOP) Theories: Folder
-- 'Ship-'Ship (Exploring Relationships) 30 Aug 03-14 Dec 04 Theories: Folder

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty John's Update:

Post  John Bumbledore Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Updated table 1 and tale 2 of unarchived threads. ( left my thread database file at home ) Efforts to Archive WX Threads 3276373137
Edit: Oh, I missed page two here. I'll need to update the tables again.

Audrey, (BTW, the Neville thread still appears in your updated list John but I have saved it. Smile )
Ah, there were two threads and "Neville." was the shorter one. Wasn't sure you copied both. I'll update that now.

Finished saving these threads:

Archivist
Thread Title
Posted
JB
-- Potty Games (Vol. VI) (11 May 08 to 12 Nov 08)
-
JB
-- Potty Games (Vol. VII) (12 Nov 08 to 22 Jun 09)
-

JB ~ Will work on You know you're a HP or Lexicon Fan when.. (four threads) ~ planed

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added John's name to post title)
John Bumbledore
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads Empty Elanor's update #7

Post  Elanor Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:34 pm

John: "Ah, there were two threads and "Neville." was the shorter one. Wasn't sure you copied both. I'll update that now."

I had not! Shocked Embarassed I had copied the long one and never noticed the short one! But I have now!

So, here's my work of tonight (so far):

EL, Neville. [short thread], Hogwarts Students During the Harry Potter Years, N

EL, Forum meeting in Europe -- Accio ´05 and future meetings., Current Discussions Between Members, N

EL, Important and classified spouse - who and why?, Wizards, Witches, Muggles, Squibs, Ghosts, Etc., N

EL, Mrs.Cole, Wizards, Witches, Muggles, Squibs, Ghosts, Etc., N

Sorry about the mistake! I'd go iron my hands but maybe I'll need them if I want to save more threads, right? geek

EDIT:
I copied one more thread tonight:

EL, 'Ship-'Ship (Exploring Relationships), Theories, N

The rest will have to wait until tomorrow evening though (it's 10.30 pm here)... Sleep

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title)
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next