HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when...

+14
Madam Pince
Lady Arabella
azi
Dryleaves
Marie E.
Puck
Potteraholic
John Bumbledore
Betelgeuse Black
Holly
Ludicrous Patents Office
Choices
Denise P.
dizzy lizzy
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 Empty Re: You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when...

Post  Puck Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 pm

LOL, there are lion heads on the exterior of the garage, plus lions on the pillars at the bottom of the drive. I'll have to take a picutre next time I'm there and put it in my avatar.
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 Empty Re: You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when...

Post  shepherdess Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Works for me. You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 1003735042
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Madam Pince Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:10 am

...when you now want lion door-knockers... You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 266347159

(...and why does that remind me of Young Frankenstein? :gigglesnort: Sorry. Immature of me. ***ahem*** I'm OK now.)
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:48 am

Here you go, Madam Pince!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Madam Pince Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Lovely! Just the thing! And it even looks sorta like Aslan too!
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:29 am

... when you're watching VH-1 and the video for 'Good Life' by One Republic comes on, and you expect to see this video:

instead of this one:

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Denise P. Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:57 pm

....when you see a pair of 3D Harry Potter glasses on a cantaloupe sitting on your counter and know that your 15 year old son totally gets your geekdom (since he brought them back for me)
Denise P.
Denise P.
Headmaster
Headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Madam Pince Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:14 pm

...when you go to the Toys-R-Us near the theater right after seeing DH-Part 2, because you just feel like you need a souvenir of some sort. You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 1437562208

...when you come away with a truly creepy and really outstanding "action-figure" of Voldemort. (He looks really awesome -- more like Voldy than the real Voldy did. Alas, they did not have one of Snape. You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 3906177977 )
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Thom Matheson Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:26 am

When you read what Forum Friends do, and say to yourself, "I can see that".
Thom Matheson
Thom Matheson
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:05 am

When you are depressed because you didn't realize ahead that there would be special Harry 3-D glasses, and now it's too late to get a pair. You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 3276373137
Puck
Puck
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:58 am

When you read what Forum Friends do, and say to yourself, "I can see that".
Thom Matheson
...Then you think, why didn't I think of that! You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 3276373137

When you are depressed because you didn't realize ahead that there would be special Harry 3-D glasses, and now it's too late to get a pair.
Puck
...and now you are searching desperately for a theater that still has them. You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 793915934

BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Holly Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:37 am

... when you and a co-worker (also a HP fan) have started referring to a certain person from another organization who is difficult to work with as "Professor Umbridge."

... when another co-worker is describing an antagonistic meeting with this person as "worse than the debt ceiling negotiations" and says that the person in question just sat there "puffing up like a toad" and you and HP-fan co-worker look at each other and try not to crack up because neither the person who said that nor our boss read HP and have NO IDEA why that was so funny.
Holly
Holly
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Thom Matheson Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:00 am

When you turn to the ABC channel and it is airing Chamber of Secrets on a Sunday night, like last night, for the 10,000th time of which you have seen and own your own copy and then stop and watch it anyhow.
Thom Matheson
Thom Matheson
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:36 am

... when you nod your head in complete agreement while reading Thom's post. You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 1003735042
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Madam Pince Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:45 pm

LOL! Me too! Why do we do that? You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 1003735042
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  azi Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:04 pm

...when you're watching Big Bang Theory and Sheldon says, 'Oh look, it's 98% of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone...' when the film is on TV and you go, 'There's far less than 98% of the book in the film!' Then your boyfriend points out that it's probably a comment about a previous joke rather than an observation on the film...
azi
azi
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Madam Pince Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:20 pm

...when you are at the library and overhear someone asking for something about the Chamber of Commerce, and you start to say "It's right here" and point at "Chamber of Secrets"... You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 1437562208 (And I used to WORK for a chamber of commerce! LOL.)
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Holly Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Daughter starting reading the Lord of the Rings series (finally--I thought she'd read it already). She's been meaning to read it for a while, she's not just reading it because her boyfriend wants her to, but she did admit that her boyfriend will appreciate it once she's read it because apparently he tends to make analogies to things from the series and she's like what?

So I asked her "has he read Harry Potter?"

Daughter: "I don't think I could go out with him if he hadn't."

You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 1205762161

Holly
Holly
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Denise P. Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:33 pm

It is always nice to see children being raised with their priorities in the right place Very Happy
Denise P.
Denise P.
Headmaster
Headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:57 pm

....when you know that your 17 year old son really does like the HP series, even though he protests vehemently....he'll grow out of it....or, perhaps I should say, he'll grow back into it.

....when you are delighted to "find" this thread, having not located it since "the move".

...when you watched the HBP movie yesterday while emptying your overloaded e-mail inbox....and when the PS3 automatically began to play it a second time, you didn't get up to shut it off.
freshwater
freshwater
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Denise P. Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:54 am

...when you change your network on your phone to the Floo network... (My phone is jailbroken, you can't do this unless you jailbreak)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Denise P.
Denise P.
Headmaster
Headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:16 pm

...when a work colleague states that she is "a huge Harry Potter fan" and you know that you'll get along just fine.
freshwater
freshwater
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:34 am

...when you note the following while scoping out a new knitting designer:
1) she refers to e-mail notifications as "owl posts"
2) she shows the issues of knitting magazines that have published her designs, with the caption "Dumbledore loves them!"

Curious? Check out "tiny owl knits" on ravelry.com . I'm about to become obsessed with knitting her beehive quilt.
freshwater
freshwater
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Denise P. Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:10 pm

A knitting friend and I were just talking about that quilt, freshwater. I think I would not make it half way and all those hexipuffs would make me insane. It is a nice way to use up your extra bits of yarn though (or if you buy yarn specifically for it)

Denise P.
Denise P.
Headmaster
Headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 am

...when you're coming home from work late at night and you see an owl take flight from the roof of another neighbor's house and you're jealous because the owls are always on the other side of the street.You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 2695074146 

...when you wonder if the owl is just hunting for food or delivering a letter to someone.You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 1003735042 

...when you start reading the books again and writing down questions to post on the forum in and effort to get book discussions going again.You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 2752390508 

...when you're excited to actually be discussing the books again and thankful for all who participate, but sad because the group is so small.You know when you are a Harry Potter fan when... - Page 2 3276373137 
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2