HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive of Five Words Stories

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #38

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:05 am

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Oct 26, 2006 12:08 am (#285 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Hidden Powers of Arnold"

A mysterious package had arrived with a note that said: Please take good care of Arnold for me. Crookshanks grinned as he sniffed the box, which was covered in pink lace and Mimbulus Mimbletonia roots.

Hermione curiously picked it up and opened the corner. “I wonder what this could be?” Ginny’s pygmy puff jumped up, and Crookshanks bit at it. “Crookshanks,” screamed Hermione, “no!” But Crookshanks grabbed Arnold and ran.

“Immobi—” but he ran outside. Hermione gave chase, and found Crookshanks treed by a Chihuahua. Hermione reached up the branch and brought him down, but Arnold was nowhere to be seen.

Hermione tipped Crookshanks upside down and shook him until, at last, the little furry pygmy puff fell out of Crookshanks’ mouth, slimy and matted but still alive. A message from Ginny was tied around his leg. This time she saw it. She untied the slobbery note and read:

Dear Hermione,
I am writing to you because I need to go to help Harry. He went through the veil and didn’t leave a forwarding address. Please tell everyone not to worry, and take care of Arnold; he holds the secret to the way back.
Ginny

Hermione kept reading the letter, hoping some she had misread it. Should she tell Ron? How could a pygmy puff help with the veil? She had never read any such thing. She grabbed Arnold and headed to her personal library, looking for a book that would help her learn more about puffskein grooming and medical treatments.

She found it! The Wizard’s All-Inclusive, Comprehensive and Thorough Guide to Mystical Powers of Magical Dinners and Desserts. Puffskein delicacies were common in the south. “She can’t mean for me to make Pygmy Puff Puffs!”

Note: Only use the fur.

Hermione looked aghast. “I couldn’t cook Arnold! But shave him… I suppose I’m destined to.” She went into the bathroom and found a razor. Arnold squealed at the sight of the mechanical jaws coming closer. “Hold still.”

Hermione held tight, but Arnold was surprisingly strong. Desperate, she pulled out her brand new bag of puff-nip clamps and started to attach them to Arnold. Then she started to carefully shave the pygmy puff until he was bald and shivering. “I’m sorry, Arnold, I wish I had thought of using my wand.” Hermione examined him for strange side effects and saw that he had a hippogriff-shaped spot on his skin. “I wonder what this means?” she thought.

At that moment, Ron entered. “What is that ugly thing?” he asked, looking at the pet. “It looks like a plucked chicken.” He leaned closer. “Where did you get it?”

“It’s Arnold,” Hermione replied. “I shaved him.”

“What? Why? Arnold? Is this some new fad?”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Ron.” Hermione squealed at him quite shocked. “I am trying to save Ginny and Harry. What do you think this book’s for?”

“Looks like a good paperweight to me! What’s with that hippogriff-shaped mark on his stomach?”

“I’m not sure. Maybe it’s a birthmark.” Hermione answerd. “No! Wait!” She ran to get a musty old volume entitled The Hidden Meaning of Hidden Hidings. “Why didn’t I think of this earlier! It’s so simple, even Ron should have known!”

“Hey, I’m right here!” Ignoring him, Hermione turned to see Arnold and Crookshanks missing.

“Ron! Weren’t you watching Arnold?!”

“Er… was I?” said Ron, cleaning fur from his razor. “I didn’t know you wanted me to.”

“Ugh! Now what will we do?”

“You’re a witch, Hermione! Use your wand!”

“Right,” she blushed. “Accio Arnold!”

Arnold – and Crookshanks – came flying at her head. She ducked as they landed next to Ron, splashing into the toilet.

“Ugh!” exclaimed Ron. Hermione rescued the pets and wrapped them in fluffy white towels. Arnold – furless, chewed and wet – shivered. Crookshanks looked like he wanted to sleep.

“Hey! This book says, ‘A hippogriff under the fur of a pygmy puff signifies a special ability to contact realms beyond the living.’ Oh, but why didn’t Ginny just stick behind? It was all her idea to use Arnold. Ron, we have to go.”

Ron interrupted, “Fred and George told me something about Ginny yesterday. They said she and Harry were going on a scavenger hunt for the perfect wedding dress and tuxedo, when—”

“What? Oh! It all makes sense now! They were getting married and Arnold knew about it. Ginny must have sent Arnold as an invitation.”

“But why would Crookshanks try to eat the messenger?” Ron asked. “Or is it that he’s trying to bring Arnold to Ginny?” he mused, running around in circles.

“Ronald, stop that!” She held up Arnold. “Can’t you see that he is trying to lead us to them? He must have directions to the ceremony!” She placed the animal on the hearth and scooped a handful of puff treats to tempt Arnold. He began to glow. Hermione and Ron grabbed him. Everything started to spin, faster and faster, until suddenly they stopped in an oddly familiar room. Hermione and Ron both gasped. “The Department of Mysteries.”

“No wonder it’s so familiar.” Arnold scampered down the steps with Crookshanks following quickly behind. Hermione and Ron ran after them, looking for a sign of a wedding party. They heard the sound of Weasleys’ voices coming from the other side of the platform in the center of the room.

“Ginny, stand up straight,” scowled Molly. She adjusted her daughter’s veil, her eyes shiny and teary.

Ginny turned around and saw, in all his bald glory, Arnold. “Eeee! My sweet little puff! Where’s your beautiful fluff?”

“I wouldn’t mention the toilet if I were you,” whispered Ron. Hermione blushed.

“Hi, Ginny. Sorry about Arnold. Simple misunderstanding. I can fix him with a basic charm,” offered Hermione. “Puffius reparo,” she said with a flick of her wand.

“But why did you shave Arnold? Did my invitation confuse you and Ron? I thought it’d be funny!”

Ron chuckled. “Yeah, funny…”

“Ginny,” said Hermione, “we thought you were in trouble, so we tried to find a way to help.”

“Well… we do need help. We need you to be bridesmaid and best man, will you?” asked Harry from behind.

“Bloody hell, Harry!” squealed Ron. “You two trying to scare us through that veil?” he asked morosely. Suddenly Harry went pale, as if remembering about what had happened the last time he had been here. He slowly descended the steps as if something was leading him to the veil.

“Harry! Take Arnold with you!” Ginny yelled. He turned and took Arnold.

“Harry! What do you—”

Harry began falling forwards because Crookshanks got tangled in between his legs. He grabbed the back of Ron’s shirt and pulled himself up. Crookshanks gave a screech as Ron stepped on his tail. “Sorry, Crookshanks, I didn’t mean to!” Crookshanks sulked away to a corner, glaring.

A voice echoed from the doorway. “Who goes there?”

“Quick! Hide!” squealed Ron, mortified.

“No, Ron, Aunt Muriel wants to give you a kiss!” Ron turned the color of a tomato, and tried to hide, but Auntie Muriel smooched him.

“Ronald,” shouted Hermione. “We need to learn what that sound from the veil is!” She turned and watched the curtain. Slowly, it parted to reveal white wisps of smoke, which slowly took on the form of Albus Dumbledore. Ron’s eyes bugged out of their sockets and he quite forgot his gaping mouth.

“P-p-professor Dumbledore? Why are you here? I m-m-mean how are you here? No, uh…”

“It was Arnold,” smiled the Professor. “He was able to contact me beyond the grave, because you needed me. So, Mr. Weasley, what is on your mind this evening?”

Ron blurted, “Ginny’s getting married, Hermione used my razor to shave Arnold and now I got kissed by Auntie Muriel and I’m best man and I didn’t even know Harry wanted me to be the best man but I guess, I dunno…”

“Mr. Weasley, you need a sherbet lemon. Here, take one. Pass them around. You are a busy man, Mr. Weasley. I won’t keep you waiting, so my advice is simple. Enjoy the celebration.”

Harry and Ginny burst through the sky on their Firebolts. The ceremony was over, and the Quidditch match was starting. “Ginny, where’d you get that broom?” Ron’s voice oozed with jealousy.

* Five Words – Volume 4 Index * 

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) * 

* This volume's stories, stats and post-story comments archived from WX by Verity Weasley; formatted/posted by Potteraholic

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #38 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:08 am

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Oct 26, 2006 12:11 am (#287 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 38
ordered by first contribution to the story

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   68
  Mrs Brisbee   31
  shadzar   21
  virginiaelizabeth2   10
  Herm oh ninny   2
  Tazzygirl   4
  Snuffles   29
  Finn BV   28
  azi   22
  geauxtigers!   19
  juliebug   23
  Mediwitch   17
  Phelim Mcintyre   2
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 276
Total Words: 1380
Last Submission Date: #278, October 24, 2006, 8:15 A.M. (Snuffles)
Total Time to Create Story: 8 days, 12 hours, 13 minutes.

* This volume's stories, stats and post-story comments archived from WX by Verity Weasley; formatted/posted by Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #38 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:10 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:03 am (#2926 of 2977) [Edited Dec 28, 2010 11 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #38, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: ""The Hidden Powers of Arnold"

This story was written from October 16, 2006 to October 24, 2006. Thirteen writers contributed to the story, which is 1,380 words long. Two of the thirteen writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Oct 26, 2006 12:16 am: Well, this story was out there, but it was quite rich with detail I think!

- Puck, Oct 26, 2006 2:21 am: ROFL at the story! "Pygmy Puff Puffs" gets me every time.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #39

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:46 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Nov 13, 2006 3:48 am (#522 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Potion"

Dobby approached the Whomping Willow skeptically, and slowly reached out with a long stick, dodging the wildly slashing branches. He needed to enter the Shrieking Shack. He was meeting Kreacher for a super top-secret get-together. It had been tough hiding from Harry his true intentions over the years.

The brothers had been separated as children, Dobby a gift to the Malfoys and Kreacher stayed with the Black Family. Dobby had managed to hide his lineage from Harry, but things were about to change. S.P.E.W.’s efforts weren’t enough for the majority of house-elves, and tensions were rapidly rising everywhere. The goblin revolt was inspirational. The time had come for action, like no house-elf had dared to dream.

Dobby entered the shack. It was dark and cold, thankfully his socks made good pants and sleeves. His hat kept spiders from crawling in his bat-like ears and his Wheezy jumper kept dust out of his belly button. He found Kreacher in the upstairs bedroom. “Have you prepared the potion like Master said?” Dobby asked, his great green eyes on Kreacher’s wrinkled face.

“It’s almost done.” Kreacher croaked, “All we need to do is add the final ingredient.” With an evil grin, Dobby pulled out a jar. Inside were toenails of every student in Slytherin house. A strange smell emulated from it. (Draco Malfoy suffered from a particularly nasty case of foot fungus.) Dobby poured the toenails into the cauldron. It turned hot pink and bubbled, slowly becoming frothy on top. “Now we are ready for master’s plan!” said Kreacher excitedly. “He wants this snuck into the meals of every student and professor in the school! The result will make Kreacher very happy!”

They carried the potion to the Hogwarts kitchen. Winky peered around the corner, there was fear in her eyes. “What are Dobby and Kreacher doing?”

“We’re following our master’s orders!” Kreacher blurted out.

“You fool!”

“He is not your master! You is betraying your real master, Dobby. You need to learn how to be a good house-elf like Winky. You is having no respect for our race of house-elfishness!”

“Listen, Winky. Wizards are foul creatures. They is wanting to destroy the world we discovered. They went and is taking it away.” Dobby and Winky continued to argue while Kreacher carried out the potion in glasses of various proportions. He placed them on the tables ready for sending to Hogwarts. He then pulled out a wand.

“Thief!” shrieked Winky. “You is a bad house-elf, Dobby!”

“Hush!” Kreacher replied, before raising his hand to take the wand. “House-elves do what they must for their master.”

Suddenly, the door opened. Ron and Hermione entered, followed by Luna and her butterbeer cork earrings, which were beginning to attract flies. The three house-elves looked stunned as Hermione charmed the flies to drink the potion. Kreacher was furious as the flies dropped down and began devouring every piece of dust and dirt in the kitchen. “Noooooo!” he cried. The enormity of what, who, why, when, and how? It was too much.

“Kreacher, calm down,” said Hermione. “We need the flies to clean this place up! I’ve given them strict orders not to—”

“Something’s happening to the flies!”

“They’re growing,” smiled Luna, “because they are absorbing the dangerous spagamorphites. They are invisible particles that…” Luna was interrupted as one fly- now as big as a chair, flew into the cooking pots, knocking them sideways. They crashed with a bang and landed on the floor. House-elves scurried to tidy the mess. Giant flies swarmed around until Hermione decided enough was enough.

“Stupefy!” she cried, freezing the bickering house-elves in their tracks. “Right. Let’s get this done! It’s been enough! What are you doing? S.P.E.W. isn’t going to work if you keep fighting among yourselves. Now stand in the corner until you learn to behave yourselves.”

Ron stared at her like a deer stares at headlights. “What happened to you, Hermione? You’ve become… a teacher.”

Hermione looked at him, confused. She shook her head. “Teachers are the…” Hermione began but Luna stunned them by screaming while hitting Kreacher on the head.

“Luna, what—” Ron spluttered, who had a mouthful of pumpkin juice that he took from a frozen elf. Luna turned a hideous shade of puce.

“That elf is the ugliest thing I have ever seen!”

“We all think that,” said Ron.

“Ron! You’re horrible!” exclaimed Hermione. “Just because they don’t look like us, it—” Hermione suddenly started choking and coughing, and soon her face had become blank and expressionless. She left the kitchen and started dusting a tapestry depicting something that looked like some fruit attacking a sleeping troll. Everyone looked at her like she had suddenly sprouted horns. Then she did sprout horns!

“Hermione!” cried Ron.

“The plan!”

“The plan?” cried Hermione. “Oh, I remember! I instructed the house-elves to make the potion as part of my potions project.”

“What? You’re their master?”

“Yes, Ronald. I need power. I want to be stronger, and the only way is through S.P.E.W.. With the house-elves under my control, I can rule the wizarding world.”

Ron looked astonished. “I don’t know what has come over you.”

“Shut it, Weasley!” she snarled. “I have a world to conquer!”

Kreacher, an evil grin on his face, sauntered to Hermione’s side. “Come with me, Master, the dark side awaits.”

“Gotcha!” shouted Hermione, grabbing Kreacher. “Silly elf! Did you really think I was going to try and take over the professors and students? I am a model pupil! The idea is ridiculous. I’m here to prove that house-elves can be free and beneficial to wizard-kind in other ways than cooking and cleaning.”

“Harry Potter’s friend is right!” exclaimed Dobby. “Dobby is free and good but not a house slave!”

“You is a bad house-elf and you knows it!” shrieked Winky. “Dumbledore’s socks should not mean elf freedom! They should keep wizard toes warm,” she added to Hermione.

Silence followed.

Hermione blushed and shuffled her feet awkwardly. Ron’s ears were red. He found the socks and handed them to Dobby.

“Oooooh, thank you, Mr. Weasley! These will go well with the socks Harry Potter gave me for Christmas!” he beamed.

“Anyone else want a pair?”

“Oooh, I’ll have some!” said Luna. “Warm socks repel the toe-chomping Swifflewops!”

Harry giggled. Luna had the stupidest theories.

“Ouch!” cried Winky. A Swifflewop had bitten her elf toes.

“What do you know? They’re real!” replied Harry.

“When did you get here, Harry?” asked Luna, dreamily.

“I’ve been here under my invisibility cloak eating chocolate éclairs all along!” he laughed. “Nice trick, though, Hermione.”

“Thanks, Harry,” she said, “though we didn’t achieve quite what I was hoping for. I wanted Dumbledore to catch Kreacher committing this horrible act and imprison him, but he isn’t here!”

“We have enough witnesses to convict Kreacher. Let’s go.” Ron said.

Dumbledore listened to their case, and immediately sent Kreacher to Azkaban for his trial.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #39 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:49 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Nov 13, 2006 3:55 am (#523 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 39

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   57
  geauxtigers!   12
  Tazzygirl   7
  Finn BV   12
  Snuffles   37
  shadzar   15
  Phelim Mcintyre   16
  juliebug   4
  azi   51
  Mediwitch   6
  virginiaelizabeth2   4
  CatherineHermiona   7
  haymoni   2
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 230
Total Words: 1150
Last Submission Date: #519, November 12, 2006, 2:08 P.M. (azi)
Total Time to Create Story: 17 days, 19 hours, 47 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #39 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:51 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:03 am (#2927 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 12 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #39, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "The Potion"

This story was written from October 25, 2006 to November 12, 2006. Thirteen writers contributed to the story, which is 1,150 words long. Four of the thirteen writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Nov 13, 2006 4:02 am: Interesting story... Harry appears, socks are all of a sudden the topic of discussion... fabulous!

- virginiaelizabeth2, Nov 13, 2006 4:48 am: I felt like this one took forever to write, and it did...17 days! WoW! That's up there in the record books, and it wasn't even that long!

Pretty odd story! Can't wait till Thanksgiving break when I can actually post on here!

- Finn BV, Nov 13, 2006 5:14 am: What an interestingly odd story, or was it oddly interesting? Sheesh, it took us forever too.

- Snuffles, Nov 13, 2006 8:39 am: Heh heh, didn't think I would like that story but it wasn't bad after reading it right through.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #40

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:54 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Nov 26, 2006 10:04 pm (#743 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Spike Headed Purpletail Dragon"

Charlie stared at the dragon, his hand gripping his wand. Flame was shooting out of the creature’s mouth. Charlie ducked, narrowly avoiding a hospital visit. Thinking fast, he aimed his wand at the dragon’s eyes, but someone grabbed his arm and pulled him down as he was about to cast the spell. “Watch out, that might not be necessary, Charlie.”

Suddenly, the dragon fell asleep. “What in the world?” Charlie asked.

“The dragon has narcolepsy,” whispered Mr. Lovegood. “A rare trait, but a fascinating one! Allow me to introduce myself. The name is Lovegood. Louis Lovegood.”

“Charlie Weasley.”

“We live quite near your family. I think my only daughter Luna is friends with your sister Ginny.” Charlie looked across at the blonde girl day-dreaming next to Mr. Lovegood. A very peaceful smile was upon her face. She twizzled her wand absently through her hair. “Daddy, what do dragons dream about when they sleep?”

“An excellent question! We aren’t sure, but we are working an article which offers some ideas. A man in Ireland swears he managed to extract some dreams from a Welsh Green by using the same process as he did on the web-footed Tingaling. The result is like pictures projected on clouds.”

Charlie was staring in astonishment. What were they doing here? “Excuse me, Mr. Lovegood, but how did you get here? You can’t Apparate to this place. You need a permit to explore the dragon breeding grounds.”

Lou look surprised before he said, “But we walked through a Circle of Security. It allowed us to pass!” Charlie looked surprised.

“That Circle of Security is extremely strict. I wonder how it was that you were allowed to pass?”

Luna gazed at Charlie. “Dad always gets where he wants to. He’s the editor-in-chief of The Red Herring Support Group Zine, and, as you know, The Quibbler. We are researching a new breed of dragon that is rumored to be a very friendly bunch with green spikes on their heads and a purple striped tail.”

Charlie smiled. “Are you sure? I’ve been working with dragons for years and I’ve never heard of them.” He looked skeptically at the landscape around him.

“Oh, I’m very sure,” said Lou eagerly. “There have been sightings in both Romania and China.” Charlie gave a weak smirk, and then shrugged. Ron had spoken of Mr. Lovegood’s ability to believe in silly theories.

A deafening roar sounded from behind them. “The dragon is awake! Quick! Wands ready!” Charlie shouted. Stunning spells were shot into the darkness. The dragon roared and reared its head. “GET BACK!” roared Charlie.

Luna ran behind a tree, while Lou eagerly began to take up the fight. “Exhilarating!” he sighed as the Spike-Headed Purpletail soared into view. Shocked, Charlie quickly sent a stunning spell in what he thought was a great attempt to bring it under control. The dragon deflected the charm, and then divebombed the group below, aiming at a man in luminous yellow. Several of the people screamed and ran for cover, leaving the helpless stranger, who was frozen like a rabbit.

Charlie threw himself across to the man and pulled him to safety before shooting a stream of water into the dragon’s mouth. Smoke poured out of its snout. Confused, it blundered its way forward, crashing into some big orange trees before realizing that it had lost its prey. Angered, it shot a breath of fire randomly, and Charlie narrowly missed the stream of fire. He realized his hair had caught some flame and was smoking. “Aguamenti!” he bellowed. “Right, now let’s stop this dragon from causing any more chaos!”

He and the other dragon keepers gathered round and aimed their wands at the dragon’s eyes. They screamed the Conjunctivitis Curse in unison. The dragon roared. “Ouch, that really hurt me!” With tears in its eyes, it sat on a boulder and became calm. Charlie and Lou walked over.

“You speak English?” asked Charlie, amazed.

“Of course. Doris is my name, breathing fire is my game.”

“Wow, you speak in rhymes!”

“Indeed I do, and so should you. It’s awfully fun being a dragon on the run.”

“Wow, I’ve never met a talking dragon! Where are you originally from, and how did you get here?” asked Charlie, while Lou looked on excitedly. “I flew from afar, over land and Muggle car, following a star!”

“Which star?” gasped Lou, hurriedly scribbling down notes.

“Harry Potter, of course, is the star I have sourced.”

“Harry Potter? He is the reason you came here? But he is at Hogwarts. Do you realize you’re in Romania?” asked Luna.

“I’m gathering an army of English Larmies! They are found all around. In and out of countries I have gone searching for so very long. The thing that haunts me is how sneaky they be.”

Luna looked interested. “What are you going to do when you find all of them?” she asked.

“We will fly through the air to defeat a powerful heir!”

“Who?” questioned Lou.

“He lives in an alley deep within a valley. He has caused great strife by playing with a knife.”

Charlie was bewildered. Dragons talking in rhymes. He had never heard such nonsense! A sniggering from behind them made Charlie turn around. Hermione and Ginny were standing beside the dragon, looking at what appeared to be a giant key a most unusual ring. It had a pink pig-like snout with the body of a cat.

“Oh, this is getting silly! Everyone meet Milly!” They all stooped down and looked at Milly. “Isn’t she silly? She tried to give—”

“Fred, George,” shouted Charlie. “The joke’s over, come out!”

Fred and George strolled innocently out and started laughing. “We had a great time,” began Fred.

“—but Ginny and Hermione gave us away,” finished George.

Luna gazed unblinkingly at the twins. She looked like she was unsure about what had just happened. “Were you the dragon? Because, if you were, it was a horrible mean trick!”

Fred and George looked around innocently. “April Fool? It’s our business to fool people. Sorry, Luna, but your expression is hilarious!” They doubled over, laughing. “We’re putting your picture in our storefront with a sign: Weasleys’ Wizard Wind-ups!” said George.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #40 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:55 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Nov 26, 2006 10:11 pm (#744 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 40

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   43
  Tazzygirl   22
  azi   67
  Finn BV   8
  Snuffles   34
  John Bumbledore   2
  shadzar   1
  virginiaelizabeth2   10
  geauxtigers!   14
  MandyQ   1
  juliebug   2
  Phelim Mcintyre   2
  painting sheila   1

Total Submissions: 207
Total Words: 1035
Last Submission Date: #740, November 26, 2006, 7:44 A.M. (azi)
Total Time to Create Story: 10 days, 23 hours, 17 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #40 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:57 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:03 am (#2928 of 2977) [Edited Dec 30, 2010 12 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #40, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "The Spike Headed Purpletail Dragon"

This story was written from November 15, 2006 to November 26, 2006. Thirteen writers contributed to the story, which is 1,035 words long. Five of the thirteen writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Nov 26, 2006 10:16 pm: Fantastic story, everyone!

- geauxtigers!, Nov 26, 2006 11:59 pm: LOL that was a great story! I loved the rhyming!

- Finn BV, Nov 27, 2006 1:24 am: Nice work everybody, a bit of a strange story but not bad. And we should celebrate -- not only is it the 40th story, but this is the first story EVER (so far as I can recall) that we have agreed entirely on statistics! Not a single discrepency! Woohoo!!

- virginiaelizabeth2, Nov 27, 2006 3:38 am: I liked that story! Very strangely funny!

- Puck, Nov 27, 2006 1:33 pm: I liked the story, but think the Dragon breeding grounds need a better Circle of Security. Lots of people getting through the current one without permits!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #41

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Dec 19, 2006 12:44 am (#1041 of 2960 on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Sirius’ Adventure"

Sirius Black was lounging around, tossing rats to Buckbeak. He was extremely bored. There was a tap at the window. “What’s this now?” he mumbled. However, it was a house-elf. “Winky! What are you doing here?”

“Sir must hurry! Harry Potter is on his way to a most dangerous place. Winky heard him talking to his friend Wheezy. They said they must go quickly.”

“Go where?”

“Winky did not hear. But I think it was a place in Knockturn Alley!”

Sirius leapt to his feet and called for Buckbeak. If Harry had left the school- again! - Snape might have something to do with this. He jumped onto Buckbeak and held onto his neck as Buckbeak took off into the night. Sirius tucked his wand inside his robes, a determined expression on his face. Not knowing where Buckbeak was heading made him worried. What if he ended up back in Azkaban?

Below, a red spark soared into a building which then exploded. Frantically, Sirius searched the skies for a prowler. “Buckbeak, go lower so I can see who is sending those sparks!” Buckbeak gently soared towards the ground. A hooded man came towards him carrying a plastic spoon, eating yogurt.

“Want some?”

“No thanks. Lactose intolerant. Who are you and why the hood?”

“I just robbed the yogurt shop. We need calcium, right?”

“Er- sure,” said Sirius. He gave the hooded figure a final glance and turned toward where the red sparks were still emitting from a small crack in a stone wall. A loud bang echoed through the air. Sirius dismounted and peered through the small crack. The smell of frying bacon made him lick his lips. He was about to conjure himself some, when an eyeball peered back at him. Sirius quickly moved away. A booming voice sounded through the night, and Sirius was surprised to recognize it. It was Dumbledore’s voice, he was happy to tell. “Dumbledore? Where are you?” Sirius called. Laughter echoed within the room.

“Where do you think? Use that intelligent mind and find me!”

Sirius conjured a spell. “DISSENDIUM!”

A small door opened. Inside there were lots rooms, each leading to another set of doors. A quick glance around told him that he was not alone. A dozen pairs of eyes stared out at him. Inferi!

The bluebell flame spell was the first into Sirius’ head. But before he could utter the words, the Inferi grabbed him and lifted him right off the ground. Sirius yelled, as he tried to get his wand free to cast the spell. Quickly, Dumbledore was running towards him with his wand out, firing spells at the revolting creatures. A ring glittered in his right hand.

“I have the matching necklace!” exclaimed Sirius. “It’s at my mother’s house in the curio cabinet.”

Dumbledore smiled, but continued fighting the Inferi, who were hanging from the rafters. Fire shot in all directions, as Dumbledore easily overcame the vile pests. Overcome with heat, the creatures began to sink back into the darkness. “That’s better!”

“Nice work,” said Harry. “So I hear you were on your way to see me. Care for a door?”

“A what?” said Sirius.

“A door,” Harry said, gesturing around the room. “Or this box?”

Confused, but willing to play along, Sirius chose the box. Inside was a mound of tiny shimmering crystals. They moved smoothly around, emitting light. Sirius recognized them at once. “Where in the world were you going with those, Harry? Don’t you realize what they are?” Harry looked confused.

“What do you mean? They’re only some crystals that Hermione created in potions class.” Harry looked at Sirius.

“They’re crystals used in dark magic. Their powers are beyond anything normal wizards would ever use. Drop one, and it will explode violently.”

Harry looked amazed. “Wow, Hermione never mentioned that. You’d think a ‘small’ fact like that wouldn’t slip her mind. Are you sure these aren’t different types of jewels for Professor Flitwick as he is judging them for perfect formation, and their ability to change color over time?” said Harry.

“If Snape is involved, then it probably won’t be innocent or harmless. I think you should move on and leave them here. Dumbledore is somewhere around here. I’m not sure where or how I got here, but we’ll find him!” Dumbledore smiled as he tapped on the window from outside.

“Whoo-hoo! Sirius can’t catch me!”

Quickly, Sirius opened what appeared to be a window only to discover that it was really a portrait. “Ahh, a secret passage! Let’s go!” Sirius climbed into the painting enthusiastically and Harry followed.

It was a tight squeeze. Wriggling along, Harry was sure that he would get stuck. Ahead, Harry noticed a small blue light. Before he could mention it, he tumbled to the floor. “URGG!” he grunted. “There’s a glob of something gross and I landed in it! How do we get out of here? This stuff is really disgusting!”

Sirius wasn’t listening. The blue light was getting closer and larger, a tinkling sound could be heard. Santa’s sleigh? He thought. No, it can’t be. Santa, the only wizard who is known by both Muggles and the magical community, was indeed heading this way! The tunnel was suddenly a large, open field, in which snow was gently falling. Santa smiled when he saw them.

“Ho! Ho! Ho! Misbehaving again, I see? Do you deserve this gift? It may prove to be more than you ever wished for!”

Harry and Sirius exchanged grins, then stepped towards Santa eagerly. “What do we get for being mostly good?” asked Harry.

“Love!” exclaimed Santa, his eyes twinkling. “It’s the most wonderful gift in the world!” A small nose peeked out from under Santa’s hat.

“Winky! What are you doing here?”

“Winky helps make toys with Master and the other house-elves whose masters will them to do so! We is making a Christmas gifts for little children who deserves them!”

“But, why did you tell me Harry was in trouble?” asked Sirius.

“We needs you to help deliver the toys.”

Sirius didn’t know whether to laugh or yell, so instead he politely asked, “Can I come help you deliver them?”

“First, give me those blue crystals.” Harry handed them over. “Now we’ll just give this to Rudolph. Heigh ho!” Sirius and Santa, along with Harry, zoomed off into the night. Snow fell gently as they delivered gifts to little boys and girls who had behaved themselves. Grinning, Harry stuffed Dudley’s stocking with a stuffed pig that had two abnormally large ears and a particularly curly tail, along with a lump of coal and a yummy puking pastille.

“Would you mind feeding the reindeer some of those crystals so they have enough energy to deliver the rest of the presents?”

“Wait- these crystals are showing some signs of transfiguration!” exclaimed Harry. They had begun to glow a fluorescent color, before turning into carrots!

“Don’t worry, they’re supposed to do that!” chuckled Santa.

After they finished delivering toys, Sirius found a small parcel containing shattered glass- a broken mirror. Harry reached to pick up the package, but Sirius was quick to hold him back. “Don’t touch it. It came from a dark wizard’s house!”

Santa snorted and then laughed. “Hohoho, Sirius, don’t be silly! It’s the mirror that belongs to you and James. Reparo!” The mirrored pieces flew back together. Sirius picked up the mirror and stared at it.

“I remember when this was mine and James’. Once we used them to trick Snape into thinking we were telepathic,” he grinned smugly. The mirror started to mist. Sirius held his breath. Could it be? A face appeared in the mist of the glass. It was difficult to hear the hushed voice that spoke next.

“Padfoot? It’s Remus. Is Harry with you? I’ve been looking everywhere...”

“Yeah, he’s right here with me.” Sirius replied.

“Where are you?”

“We’re delivering presents with Santa!”

“Santa? You mean Dumbledore’s there?”

Sirius and Harry did a double take.

“Dumbledore?” they echoed. “He’s not with us.”

“Hoho! Are you fooled too?” Lupin chuckled.

“Hang on,” started Harry, “You’re saying that Dumbledore is Santa?”

“I am afraid you have discovered my little secret!” Santa chuckled. “I am indeed Saint Nicholas.” Dumbledore bowed his head. “I inherited the position from my father, Theodore Gryffindor Dumbledore and now you and Sirius will take over for me. Oh, Harry, there is something I should tell you. The glob of disgusting stuff you have plastered to your posterior is actually candy. Let’s eat!”

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #41 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:01 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Dec 19, 2006 12:49 am (#1043 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 41

User
# of Submissions
  azi   66
  Puck   52
  Snuffles   44
  painting sheila   48
  Tazzygirl   2
  Finn BV   19
  virginiaelizabeth2   12
  geauxtigers!   17
  Phelim Mcintyre   1
  Mediwitch   20
  juliebug   4

Total Submissions: 285
Total Words: 1425
Last Submission Date: #1038, December 17, 2006, 9:24 P.M. (virginiaelizabeth2)
Total Time to Create Story: 20 days, 16 hours, 4 minutes.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #41 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:02 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am (#2929 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 3 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #41, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "Sirius’ Adventure"

This story was written from November 27, 2006 to December 17, 2007. Eleven writers contributed to the story, which is 1,425 words long. Five of the eleven writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Dec 19, 2006 12:50 am: Lovely story everyone! Wish I had been around more to contribute!

- virginiaelizabeth2, Dec 19, 2006 1:13 am: LOL! I think that was one of my favorites! We managed to pull it together a lot better than I thought we did. Very cute! I love the random yogurt guy that we threw in there too.....I mean really..where did that come from??!!Haha Loved it though.

- Mediwitch, Dec 19, 2006 4:05 am: That was definitely my favorite story! Santa/Dumbledore as the only wizard known to Muggles and wizards alike! What a great story.

- Finn BV, Dec 19, 2006 4:25 am: Definitely a good story, but take a look at that time to post it! 20+ days!! We are slowing down, and I think that's a good thing, considering neither Tazzy nor I will be around from Dec 25 - Jan 1 (though if need be, I can sneak into some internet cafés) to post the story should we finish it then!

- geauxtigers!, Dec 23, 2006 1:44 am: I loved the last story!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #42

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:16 am

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Jan 8, 2007 5:03 am (#1275 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Coconuts at the Burrow"

The Weasleys were celebrating. Ginny had received top O.W.L.s, and was going to do her puppy dog eyes to her new boyfriend, Seamus Finnigan, so he would join the family, but he was reluctant. “Mum, please don’t make a big deal, but I’ve got a favor to ask. I really need to know if you would get me a new broom?”

Mrs. Weasley looked across at her husband. “I’m not sure, you had better ask your father,” she replied. Ginny scowled but managed a smile and went up to her father. Before she could speak, he interrupted her. “We don’t have enough Galleons to spare to buy frivolous items like that!” Ginny looked upset but she nodded and turned to face Percy, who had appeared suddenly with Penelope Clearwater, his new wife. They had gotten married last June at the Burrow.

“When you got perfect O.W.L.s you were bought a new state-of-the-art, luxury…”

“Stop right there!” Percy injected. “I deserved that, you don’t!”

“Percy!” Mrs. Weasley started. “You little brat! How dare you speak to your sister that way! You apologize right now!”

Percy straightened up, looking scandalized. “Come Penelope. I think we should go now, before we get embroiled in degrading arguments.” The pair spun on their heels and Apparated home together.

“Good riddance,” Ginny mumbled under her breath.

Suddenly, Seamus appeared extremely interested in something outside, in the garden. “Come have a look. What do you reckon that is?” he said.

Ginny and Mrs. Weasley leaned out the window. They may have looked quite comical, their noses pushed against the glass, staring at what seemed to be an elephant eating a hippogriff. “Where did that come from?” asked Ginny, who knocked Seamus over in her rush to avoid looking at him. “Sorry,” she called, running towards the front door to investigate. “I’ll just be a few—”

“Ginny Weasley! You get back in here! What on earth do you think you are doing! Your father should deal with this, not you!” yelled Mrs. Weasley. Meanwhile Mr. Weasley was muttering something under his breath. “Arthur, what are you doing?” snapped Molly.
“It’s an elephant! Muggles love elephants!” exclaimed Arthur. “They have them in cages at the zoo, and circleses!”

“Oh, don’t start with me, Arthur! Get rid of it and grow up!”

“But, Molly, dear, you don’t understand. Elephants are very rare – they need to be taken to the Ministry for—”

“Arthur! Really!” Molly broke in. “Anything that can get the better of a hippogriff is very dangerous!”

“Okay, okay, just let me send an owl to Hagrid. He may know how best to deal with it.” And he hurried off to find a quill.

Just then, a loud crack sounded in the backyard. Ginny, renowned for her Bat-Bogey Hex, had aimed a curse right at the elephant, who dropped the ailing hippogriff on the ground with a loud thump. “Good one, Gin!” Seamus exclaimed.

“Thank you,” she replied, rather sheepishly. When they looked back, the hippogriff had gone.

“What the bloody hell?” yelled Arthur. “I don’t understand! It was there just a second ago! It must have escaped on its legs. We’d better find it.”

“Find it? What about the elephant?! We should catch it or Stun it before it hurts anyone – or anything – else!”

“Charlie taught me how to wave my wand to get more oomph. Watch this…” And with that, Ginny Stunned the elephant!

“Great-great-aunt Gweneverra – you have learned some very powerful magic!” exclaimed Mr. Weasley. “You need to summon Hagrid, Molly.”

Hagrid arrived about thirty minutes later to find Ginny following the trail of the wounded hippogriff. It was a sad sight. Hagrid, after tying his thestral to a rather large tree, said, “Somebody call me about a wounded hippogriff?”

“Yes, it was I, Gilderoy Lockhart.”

Ginny whirled around in surprise. “Mr. Lockhart, I thought you were locked up in St. Mungo’s. What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I expect you’ll want my autograph, little girl?”

Ginny spluttered, but managed to utter something about an obsessive-compulsive disorder she had about autographs.

“Here you go,” said Lockhart, ignoring Seamus, who was laughing so hard his eyes were watering. “This will be worth millions someday.”

“Hippogriff. Where’s the bloody hippogriff?”

“He’s over here,” said Mr. Weasley. “Come and look, Hagrid, it may be dying.”

“Why would a ruddy elephant want to hurt a hippogriff?” growled Hagrid as he examined the extremely injured beast. “I can fix ’em, but I need to take him to the Hippogriff Sanctuary in Staffordshire. Ginny, would you like to come with me? You can keep an eye out for any stray elephants that might be rampagin’ about.”

With that, they arrived at the Sanctuary. “We need some help over here!” The hippogriff began flailing out of pain and fear. “Easy, there. You’ll be all taken care of,” coaxed Ginny.

Hagrid picked up the hippogriff and carried him to a huge examination table where the Healer was waiting with a bitter smelling potion in a huge vial. Hagrid held the hippogriff down while the Healer smeared the stuff all over the wounds.

“Bbbbraaaaaqqqqq!” The hippogriff leapt up, sending the Healer soaring ten feet and into the air. Hagrid leapt after him, catching him by his right ankle midway down.

“Hagrid!” Ginny shouted. The hippogriff was stomping about, threatening to kill them. Hagrid abruptly dropped the Healer with a loud clunk onto the sloppy, muddy ground. The hippogriff fled. “Well, he’s healed!”

“No kidding! He nearly knocked poor Gilderoy over!”

“Not to worry! I remember when I was a lad, a hippogriff nearly killed a wizard I saved from a carnivorous pachyderm. I’ve got this under control.” Lockhart waved his wand and shouted, “Petrificus Totalus!” but the wand backfired and blasted Lockhart into a nearby tree, knocking all the coconuts out on Hagrid, Ginny and Mr. Weasley.

“Coconuts? At the Burrow?” Mrs. Weasley asked. “When did we get coconuts—”

“Everyone stop!” interrupted Tonks, who Apparated moments before the coconuts stopped falling. “You can’t touch those coconuts! They are cursed! If you touch them they will make your heart explode! They can only be touched if a hippogriff eats them.”

The hippogriff ate three coconuts and then calmly began to heal. Ginny was astonished to see that the remaining coconuts were quivering slightly and began to faintly glow. Pop! They turned into broomsticks! Ginny jumped with excitement, and reached for the closest one. “Brilliant!” she exclaimed. “This is the weirdest thing I’ve seen – not that I’m complaining!” She mounted her broom and took off, headed for the future!

Far beneath her, a solitary figure, deep in the woods, solemnly waving its bloody trunk, lumbered off into the sunset.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #42 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:17 am

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Jan 8, 2007 5:03 am (#1276 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 42

User
# of Submissions
  azi   42
  Tazzygirl   13
  Snuffles   13
  Mediwitch   6
  Finn BV   11
  geauxtigers!   30
  virginiaelizabeth2   24
  painting sheila   35
  Puck   9
  MoaningMyrtle101   1
  Herm oh ninny   7
  kneazle &
kneazle's*evil*twin
  Anna L. Black   5
  haymoni   1
  Chemyst   1
  Good Evans   2

Total Submissions: 222
Total Words: 1110
Last Submission Date: #1274, January 1, 2007, 7:20 P.M. (Mediwitch)
Total Time to Create Story: 19 days, 8 hours, 44 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #42 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:18 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - - Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am (#2930 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 3 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #42, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "Coconuts at the Burrow"

This story was written from December 19, 2006 to January 8, 2007. Sixteen writers contributed to the story, which is 1,110 words long. Five of the sixteen writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Jan 8, 2007 5:10 am: Well… that was interesting! Our stories are certainly getting more unreal, but it's entertaining. They're also getting quite a bit longer in terms of time to create them – we've had two stories in the last 40 days! A telling sign, I suppose.

- Tazzygirl, Jan 8, 2007 5:25 am: Weird story...

- Snuffles, Jan 8, 2007 11:01 am: That was one weird story

- virginiaelizabeth2, Jan 10, 2007 3:20 am: Weird story! Not sure if I like it or not. Didn't make much sense!

- geauxtigers!, Jan 10, 2007 5:06 am: Haven't gotten a chance to read through the previous story, but I think its safe to say it was indeed, very weird!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #43

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:02 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Feb 7, 2007 1:50 am (#1523 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Quidditch Match"

The sun was shining brightly down onto a vast field. Quidditch flags were waving in the breeze, and eager crowds were deeply anticipating the upcoming exhibition match between Viktor Krum and Harry Potter’s teams. It was bound to be the greatest match of the year.

It had been awhile since Krum, now nearly forty-five, had played Quidditch. Yet, he was determined to show Harry Potter that he hadn’t lost his skills through all these years. They both hovered near their teams, weary eyes scanning for the Golden Snitch. Each player began to sweat as the sun grew hotter and they grew older. Elderly Madam Hooch, still in top flying form, kept her hawk-like eyes on the two Seekers as they hovered high above the pitch, when Krum plummeted towards the ground.

“The Wronsky Feint!” thought Harry. He scanned the surface before spotting the gold glittering Snitch in Krum’s direction. Harry dived towards the ground, panicking that he wouldn’t reach the tiny golden ball on the verge of being caught. “Go!” Harry urges his broom. He accelerated quickly. Suddenly, a bludger screamed past his head. Harry ducked in time.

“That bloody Merkman aimed that bludger at Potter! But he seems to have recovered. Krum pulls up at the last minute! He didn’t see the Snitch?!” Groans could be heard from the Krum supporters. Krum scowled and signaled for a time out. His team huddled together, waiting for his instructions.

“Listen, if we want to beat him, then we have to fly like we’ve never flown before.” Krum growled. A feeling of excitement came over the whole team. They began to look forward to playing and beating Harry’s World Record of Captaining a team which had never lost a game in five years!

The game resumed, and Krum zoomed off into the sky. His team, clueless, eyed the concession stand with interest. One of his Chasers was leaning over the goal posts, suddenly interested in a beautiful woman. Fleur Delacour was shaking her silvery mane in the players’ direction, diverting their eyes from the game.

“Stop that, dear,” said Bill, chiding her. “We don’t want people to think Harry’s a cheat.”

Fleur blushed, and immediately stopped. “I just wanted to give Harry a chance at capturing ze snitch, zat’s all.” Bill looked at her understandingly, before turning to look at the match.

“I don’t think Harry needs our help, Fleur! Besides, look at what he is doing with that banana! It appears he’s already caught the Snitch, and is celebrating winning in his most spectacular style: eating fourteen bananas in rapid succession as his firebolt sped around the pitch.”

Krum was looking surlier than ever. His lip curled in a grimacing attempt at a smile. An enormous wad of gum came flying down from the stands. It landed in Fleur’s hair, and she fainted.

“It’s all right, dear.” Bill said as she came around. “It’ll come out with some peanut butter.”

Fleur looked aghast. “You want to shmeer my ‘air wiz disgusting peanut butter? You are preposterous, William Arthur Weasley! I am a champion!” She flicked her hair as Harry soared past with determination on his face, the Snitch clutched firmly in his hand. A triumphant roar sounded from the crowd- the game was over.

“Potter cinches the game for the Cannons!”

Below, an argument was starting to brew over the way the game ended. Madam Hooch flew down to break it up before things became violent. Krum took advantage of the commotion to slip away into the locker rooms to have a good cry.

Up in the stands, Hermione admonished Ron for cursing Krum’s broom to fly slower. “That’s cheating!”

“And what you did to McLaggen was okay?” retorted Ron.

“Well, that was different,” said Hermione, blushing. “I was trying to help you!”

Ron blushed too. “Well, I suppose you’re right, but you still shouldn’t have done it.” He leaned over and kissed her cheek. The whole stadium gave a roar of approval.

“’Bout time you two kissed and admitted you fancied each other!” said Hagrid with as much dignity as he could- a grin cracking his face as he turned to clap for Harry. Hagrid’s son, cheering by his dad and mum, made a final announcement.

“Witches and Wizards alike! I draw your attention to the players who made today’s game possible! Harry Potter, Victor Krum…”

Suddenly, a flash of lightening struck a goal post. Fireworks flew in every direction! Harry and Krum, in the stands, watched life-like versions of themselves fly through the air. The respect they had towards Fred and George grew even more than their own egos. As the crowd clapped, Fred jumped on a broomstick.

“Skywriting? No! This is Weasley’s Wizards Mortal Mime! It replicates any person or creature with a stunning attention to detail! Only three galleons, five sickles, and seven knuts a piece! On sale from today, so hurry while initial stocks last!” The voice boomed over the crowd. Fred made another quick sweep with his wand and a fantastic array of stars filled the sky. The crowd oooh-ed and ahhh-ed while they watch the stars twinkle and fade.

Madam Hooch stepped up towards the podium that had appeared in the middle of the stadium. “That’s the match. Go home.”

Harry looked sideways at Krum. Something didn’t feel right. They nodded to one another and went in opposite directions. Suddenly, a huge explosion rocked the stadium, sending pieces of turf flying through the air. Madam Hooch was blasted off her feet into the air. Harry immediately drew his wand from his robes and used a spell to protect all of the spectators. He circled the stadium, on his firebolt, before spotting a dark figure running away from the crowds. It faded into the shadows of the wooded foothills surrounding the Quidditch Pitch.

Harry and Krum followed, ducking branches and avoiding bats flying their way. Ahead of them were two hooded figures that seemed to glide rather than walk. They hid behind a huge mound of soil, unearthed by a niffler. Harry blasted the tree away and found that the two dementors had disappeared. A niffler poked its head above the dirt and bit the hooded stranger his hooked nose, causing the figure to draw his hand from out of the robe’s folds. Madam Pince yelled as her son grabbed his wand and yelled, “Expelliarmus!”. Harry’s and Krum’s wands flew into the darkness. Snape sneered as he dropped the hood and tried to examine his enemies in the dim light.

“Well, what do we have here? Potter and Krum, the Dynamic Duo.”

“Severus,” Madam Pince whispered. “We don’t have time to dawdle about! We must move quickly.”

“Quiet, Mother,” snapped Snape. “I think we should sort out these two idiots and get out of here!”

“Severus, there is no time!”

Severus aimed his wand high and stupefied the two, before they could stop him and strolled off into the night.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #43 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:04 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Feb 7, 2007 1:51 am (#1524 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 43

User
# of Submissions
  azi   61
  Tazzygirl   25
  virginiaelizabeth2   9
  Finn BV   20
  kneazle   2
  geauxtigers!   22
  painting sheila   41
  Snuffles   25
  Herm oh ninny   5
  Anna L. Black   2
  haymoni   7
  Puck   11

Total Submissions: 330
Total Words: 1150
Last Submission Date: #1515, February 4, 2007, 2:26 P.M. (azi)
Total Time to Create Story: 26 days, 0 hours, 23 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #43 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am (#2931 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 4 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #43, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "The Quidditch Match"

This story was written from January 9, 2007 to February 4, 2007. Twelve writers contributed to the story, which is 1,150 words long. Four of the twelve writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Feb 7, 2007 1:54 am : I wonder where Snape and Pince went? What are they up too?? Shall we find out???

- azi, Feb 7, 2007 4:45 pm: That story took a looooong time to write!

- Finn BV, Feb 8, 2007 4:48 am: Phew! I'm glad that story finished because I lost track of it ages ago! Glad to be on to a new one!

- geauxtigers!, Feb 10, 2007 5:57 am: glad the last story is over too! I completely lost track! I miss 5 words, I've just been so busy lately! There aren't enough hours in the day!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #44

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:06 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Feb 26, 2007 12:41 am (#1682 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Aurora"

She followed close behind her mother, noting the Death Eater on the outskirts of the shabby long forgotten village. “Hurry,” whispered her mom. “It isn’t safe for us to be out this late and alone!” The feeling that they were being followed prevailed, and both felt anxious to complete their journey before either of them gave into their hesitation. Ahead there was a dark patch of trees, and the pair plunged into the branches.

“Lumos,” whispered the girl, whose name was as bright as the light coming from her wand.

“Aurora, put out your wand!” her mother said in a hushed voice. “Do you want to be seen?”

Aurora and her mother glanced back at a glowing bush and saw with horror the Death Eater trapping a hippogriff in a huge cage. As soon as he locked it, the Death Eater rounded on Aurora and her mom. Their eyes widened and they ran for it!

Hexes shot over their shoulders and bounced off trees. Ahead of them a giant squid transformed in the water- it became Albus Dumbledore. He smiled as he pointed his wand at the stars and showed them the Big Dipper.

“Wow! Mum, look!” Aurora pointed. “The Death Eater died because of the angle the Big Dipper made with Neptune!” Aurora pulled a flask out of her cloak and shook it over the leaves of the nearest tree.

“Aurora, what are you doing? What is this for?” But the leaves turned blue and then started to sizzle.

“This is a leaf scorching potion. It’s used for finding the reasons why the evil spirits continue to linger in this forest. It also helps release them to the other side of the veil.” Aurora said mysteriously.

“But why is it that all of the Death Eaters who enter into this part of the forest die?” Aurora’s mother asked.

“That’s what I am going to find out,” replied Aurora. A strange mist began to rise from the scorched leaves. It took on the form of a dark figure, snarling and hissing.

“Aha!” stated Dumbledore.

“Who are you?” asked Aurora.

“I am the ruler of Potteramia Planetiodus, located in the mystical world of Rowlingville. Prepare for an invasion into your homes and minds.”

Aurora stared at them all. “Prepare for an invasion? But I though the potion would help us!”

“Alas, we are doomed,” Dumbledore commented quietly. “Unless we can get to the library before Madam Pince realizes that her cherished, first edition, autographed copy of Constellations, a Guide to the Squib Stars and Beyond the Sun, is about to be fed to a hippogriff.” They Apparated to Hogwarts and left the hippogriff in its cage, which happened to have a stockpile of dead ferrets.

“How’d you Apparate here?” said Hermione.

“I am Dumbledore, after all.” He gave Hermione a wink, a twinkle in his eye.

Dumbledore led them up to the library, and spoke gently to Madam Pince. Filch was standing there, sneering as though he knew that Irma wouldn’t take the news lying down. A shriek echoed around the bookshelves.

Peeves froze, a jar of sticky treacle in his hands. “Oh! Why it’s Dumbledore! My, you are a bore!” He flew off, dropping the treacle on a rare edition of Hogwarts, a History, signed by the four Hogwarts founders. Madam Pince screamed and yelled before trying to perform the spell to remove the treacle.

Above their heads, books started to burst into flame. Madam Pince looked towards Dumbledore who looked momentarily astounded, then flicked his wand and the flames extinguished.

“Now, Madam Pince, I want you to meet Aurora. She was just telling us about a strange event that occurred in the forest earlier this evening. Aurora?” Dumbledore held out his hand and helped her to her feet.

“Mars is so bright tonight.” Aurora said. “Be careful handling hot topics when you cannot find any oven mitts.” Madam Pince looked confused.

“What are you talking about? And where is that book I loaned you?” She looked at Dumbledore. “I am sorry to inform you that this girl has STOLEN–”

“Now Irma, I think perhaps that’s a bit harsh. She simply forgot to ask to have an extension on her loan.” Dumbledore handed the book back, in pristine condition. Irma nodded curtly, then walked away. Filch sneered and wandered after Irma, clearly disappointed he couldn’t hang someone by their ankles.

“Aurora,” said Dumbledore, “would you like to use the Astronomy Tower to research the stars?”

“Oh, yes please!” she exclaimed. Aurora headed off to the Tower and soon became the teacher of Astronomy at Hogwarts!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #44 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:07 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Feb 26, 2007 12:41 am (#1683 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 44

User
# of Submissions
  paintingsheila   9
  Finn BV   10
  Tazzygirl   23
  Snuffles   11
  azi   30
  Mediwitch   10
  geauxtigers!   26
  Puck   32
  virginiaelizabeth2   5

Total Submissions: 153
Total Words: 765
Last Submission Date: #1679, February 25, 2007, 2:22 P.M. (azi)
Total Time to Create Story: 17 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #44 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:08 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am (#2932 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 6 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #44, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "Aurora"

This story was written from February 7, 2007 to February 25, 2007. Nine writers contributed to the story, which is 765 words long. Five of the nine writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Feb 26, 2007 12:46 am : Yup, definitely a short and confusing story, but it was enjoyable!

- geauxtigers!, Feb 26, 2007 12:49 am: Ha ha that was definatly confusing. Really short! We've slowed down so much on this thread!

- Puck, Feb 26, 2007 3:23 am: Okay, I didn't expect to win, seeing how I was away from the forum so much....The story was pretty short, despite how it dragged on as we wrote it.

- virginiaelizabeth2, Feb 26, 2007 4:11 am: Weird story!

- Finn BV, Feb 28, 2007 2:45 am: Whew, I had high hopes for that story… before I completely lost the plot.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #45

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:10 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Mar 20, 2007 7:43 am (#2021 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Prefects Who Gained Power: Percy’s Story"

Percy sat, unsuspecting, at his desk, waiting for an important message from the League of Practically Perfect Prefects. This was a tense time- he kept glancing at the window. “Where’s Errol? That stupid owl could get lost in a room the size of a shed!” A fluttering outside made him jump. He spun around and saw Fred and George playing catch with a most official letter. “Get off my letter, you two gits!”

“Careful you don’t insult our familial sensibilities. Your letter may accidentally catch fire.” Percy fumed as he tried to Accio to no avail. The butterfly shaped letter had been enchanted to stay just out of Percy’s reach. “Jump, Percy! Higher!” roared the twins. “Nearly had it that time.”

Completely frustrated, Percy stormed inside. “Mother, Fred and George are interfering with important documents that may have a great importance to my future position at the Ministry of Magic!”

“Well, you tell them to let you be, and hand over your letter.”

Finally, Fred caved and Percy tore it out of his hands. Ignoring Fred and George’s teasing, he ripped it open, reading quickly. His face became paler as he realized he was being demoted to under-under secretary to the Minister. “It can’t be true! I worked so hard to get there! I can’t believe this!” Percy crumpled on the floor, crying.

“Well, perhaps they discovered you’re a snivelling, creeping git.” Fred laughed.

Pop! Percy looked up to see Cornelius Fudge himself standing nearby, twirling his bowler hat and looking rather grim.

“Minister! This is a surprise!” Percy quickly pulled himself to his feet, and failingly, tried to stand, but instead collapsed in a chair, completely confused.

“Mr. Weasley, the reason for my visit is to explain why you have been demoted. Your behavior at the Ministry has become increasingly more and more pompous. Your self-importance has alienated almost everyone around you, including the owls. That’s why we sent your letter with the charm. Either you stop behaving like an egotistical windbag or the penalty will be worse!” Fudge tossed some Floo powder into the fireplace and vanished. Percy stared where Fudge had just stood, his mouth agape.

“Fudge will pay!” he said under his breath. Fire flashed from his wand.

“Percy Weasley! I already have two sons setting off explosions in this house, and I DO NOT want another to do so!”

Percy stammered incoherently, and then stormed upstairs to his room. Inside a rat with one toe missing was sitting on his bed. “Hello, Percy. Remember me?” Wormtail said. “Should we go to the Ministry of Magic together, right now? I’ve got some connections that will make getting you the Head of the Auror Office position a snap,” grinned the vermin.

Percy grabbed his cloak and together they Apparated to the Ministry. “Stay in my pocket.” Whispered Percy to Wormtail, who had poked his head out, trying to see where they were and to get a view of the secret passage leading to their destination.

“Percy, what are you doing here?” It was Mr. Weasley.

“Hello Father, errrr, I was just coming to lend a hand to the new Head of the Department of…” Percy suddenly spotted Crookshanks ready to pounce at him. “I’m late! Got to run!” Percy ran towards the elevators, but tripped on a dropped pencil. Wormtail went flying out of Percy’s pocket. Crookshanks pounced and meowed loudly. Arthur approached and accidentally stepped on Percy’s hand. He yelled in pain and then stared as Crookshanks swung Wormtail around in his mouth.

“Percy! Are you insane? Why are you with that…that…that rat? You could be sent to Azkaban!”

“Father, you don’t understand! I need to have respect, and recognition for my ability, not to be treated like some useless house-elf or dirty Mudblood.” Arthur’s eyes widened in shock at the language Percy was using. “What is it Father? Oh don’t tell me you think using that word is wrong. We’re a pure-blood family. We should be using that word, and keeping filth such as Hermione Granger away from Ronald!” Percy finished loudly.

Arthur opened his mouth but was interrupted by a flash of red light. Dolores Umbridge had appeared in front of him. Her curse bounced off the Ministry walls and ricocheted towards Crookshanks and Wormtail. It hit Wormtail, causing him to change into a teacup. Crookshanks glared menacingly at Professor Umbridge.

“Mr. Weasley, please control your pets.” Crookshanks leapt up and bit Dolores’ wand hand. “Mangy beast!” she screamed. “Did you see where that foul beast ran?” she asked, as Crookshanks ran down the hall and into an elevator.

Arthur, meanwhile, had picked up the teacup and was taking it to his office. He found this rat suspicious, and wanted to check it out. Why would Pettigrew risk coming into the Ministry? And to the Burrow as well? Arthur put an Anti-Apparition charm in place so Pettigrew could not leave. Then he transformed him into a potted plant and waited. He knew that someone with pruning shears would come and dispose of it eventually.

Meanwhile, back in the Atrium, Crookshanks had jumped on Percy’s head, clawing and scratching at his face. “Ouch! Get this hairball off me!” Blood trickled down his cheek and onto his well-ironed robes. Percy snarled as the cat ran off.

Dolores Umbridge looked mockingly at Hermione Granger, who had come wandering down the Atrium with Tonks. “Look what the cat dragged in!” she shouted. “I thought something smelled bad.” She sneered, glaring at Hermione. Dolores conjured a perfume bottle, and sprayed it in Hermione’s face.

“You evil toad!” shrieked Hermione. She drew her wand and shouted, “Levicorpus!” Dolores was yanked up into the air.

“Hermione!” exclaimed Tonks, trying not to laugh. “What are you doing?” she admonished. “She’s a Ministry Official, and you must show respect!”

“Respect? What respect has she ever given me and my family?” shouted Hermione.

“Let-me-down-you-filthy-little-Mudblood!” screeched Dolores, no longer hiding her true nature.

Tonks, who was now furious at Umbridge, pointed her wand and yelled a curse that caused tentacles to explode around her head. Umbridge looked like Medusa the Frog. “AAAAAHHHHH!” she screamed. “You just wait until I tell the Minister!”

“May I be of service?” said Fudge, walking up behind the screaming crowd who were laughing at Umbridge’s predicament. “Can somebody please tell me why I should get her down? I have never heard such foul language from a Muggle-born witch in all the years since I started at Hogwarts. We look to our Ministry workers to set an example, not to show prejudice! Rictumsempra!” Fudge concluded.

Dolores began to laugh, still hanging upside down suspended in midair. She wriggled and revealed her grey bloomers. The Atrium echoed with laughter as a crowd gathered beneath her. “Ma-make it st-stop!” panted Umbridge. Fudge lifted his wand to remove the spell.

“Wait!” interrupted Harry. “I think we should find out why she’s acting like this and then give her what she deserves. Veritaserum ready, Hermione?” Hermione dug into her pocket and pulled out a glass phial and made her way eagerly to Umbridge’s exhausted heap.

Arthur returned, carrying a freshly pruned plant. “I think this will be useful to the investigation. Where’s Percy? He’s involved with all this, and probably knows much more than any of us!”

Tonks performed a tracking charm and located Percy cowering in a dark corner in the Department of Mysteries. She yelled, “Accio Percy!” and he flew to her, landing on top of Dolores.

“I didn’t do anything, Father, it was the rat! He was trying to get me to do terrible things. I have supported the Ministry from day one!” said Percy, picking himself up off Dolores, who had been screeching obscenities after he had landed on top of her.

“You really should rinse your mouth with Mrs. Skower’s Magical Mess Remover, you toad.” Umbridge gasped at Fudge’s tone and realized that she could fool him most of the time, but she could not now.

Meanwhile, Hermione had also noticed that Crookshanks had returned. The cat was carrying a nice green frog. He was a relative of Umbridge, who was an Animagus. He had been helping Umbridge spy on the Minister.

“Hoppity?” queried Fudge.

“Actually, he’s Ichabod Umbridge, my brother.” Dolores spat.

“Ribbit,” replied Ichy.

Arthur looked at Percy. “How do you know this frog, son?”

Percy tapped Ichabod with his wand. A short, bald, wart- covered man emerged. “He’s been helping me and Umbridge plan to make me Minister of Magic. Fudge and Scrimgeour are fools! They have made a mockery of what it means to be ruler of this country!”

“Wait! What made you think that you were up to being Minister?” said Arthur, skeptically, before stepping towards Percy and the evil toads. “You’re still young and inexperienced!”

“Father, I am wise beyond my years. When will you fools realize that I have gained more power than those prefects in my books ever dreamed of? I—”

ZAP! POP! CRACK! BOOOOOOOOM!

Arthur looked down at Percy, now cowering with fear. A large firework had exploded above him. The sparks were circling above Percy’s head. Fred and George had arrived unseen.

“Well, George, it looks like Percy still hides from fireworks.”

“Yes, and he deserves to be!” They set off several of their sparklers and Disapparated, laughing madly!

Dolores and Ichabod were brought to St. Mungo’s for shock treatment, while Percy and Wormtail were sent to the Department of Psychiatric Treatment, to help deflate their heads. The Healers had a hard task with Percy as his head had such a thick skull. Once deflated, Percy arrived home and meekly apologized to his family for his behavior before begging for forgiveness. Wormtail was banished to Azkaban for life. As for Dolores and Ichabod, they were confined to the ward with Gilderoy Lockhart for such bad taste in clothes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #45 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:11 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Mar 20, 2007 7:44 am (#2023 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 45

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   88
  virginiaelizabeth2   12
  Tazzygirl   26
  Snuffles   47
  azi   49
  painting sheila   22
  geauxtigers!   43
  Finn BV   2
  Phelim Mcintyre   35
  Mediwitch   4

Total Submissions: 328
Total Words: 1640
Last Submission Date: #2013, March 19, 2007, 5:13 A.M. (Phelim Mcintyre)
Total Time to Create Story: 21 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #45 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:12 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:05 am (#2933 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 7 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #45, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "Prefects Who Gained Power: Percy’s Story"

This story was written from February 25, 2007 to March 19, 2007. Ten writers contributed to the story, which is 1,640 words long. Four of the ten writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Mar 20, 2007 7:53 am : Entertaining story! I loved it!

- viginiaelizabeth2, Mar 21, 2007 5:09 am: I liked the last story! It was cute!

- Mediwitch, Mar 22, 2007 12:28 am: I especially loved the title for the last story - well done!

- geauxtigers!, Jan 25, 2007 4:12 pm: I liked the last story!

- Tazzygirl, Mar 22, 2007 3:39 am: Mediwitch, it took me forever to figure out an appropriate title for the last story. lol

- geauxtigers!, Mar 22, 2007 3:47 am: I love the title of the last story too!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #46

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Apr 12, 2007 3:09 am (#2321 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "A Day in Diagon Alley"

Remus and Sirius were strolling down Diagon Alley. James was waiting for them outside the Quidditch supply store, tossing a golden snitch up in the air.

"Showing off, are we?" smirked Sirius as they approached. James smirked back and glanced back at the golden ball in his hand. He let it escape his fingers, and then he quickly caught it again.

They entered the shop. "I'd love a good diversion. Wouldn't you?" said James, pointing into the corner, where they all saw Snape, alone, studying the new broomstick handbook. His hook-nose was all but touching the pages. Sirius reached into his pocket and withdrew a Zonko's Fantastic Flying Fanged Frizbee. He casually flicked it towards Snape. The frizbee grabbed hold of Snape's greasy hair, yanking him into a neatly stacked pile of broomstick polish. The tins came crashing down and landed on an old wizard’s toe. He shrieked and pointed his wand at Snape in anger. While all of the commotion raged, Sirius quietly slipped the Fanged frizbee back into his pocket, sniggering uncontrollably.

The wizard led Snape into the back of the shop and shouted about how it was going to cost him 25 galleons to replace everything that was damaged. "Can't you just Reparo it?" snapped Snape, angrily. He had seen Potter and his stupid little friends laughing over his "accident". He was sure the Neanderthals were responsible. The store manager glared at him.

"You look at me when I'm talking to you! Now, you have to pay..."

Sirius and the rest of the Marauders casually slipped out of the store, then burst into laughter. "Did you see the look on his face?" Sirius gasped. "He looked like a miniature troll."

"Don't insult trolls. They are much more better looking than him and don't smell as bad," said Peter.

"Wow, that's an unusually quick comeback, Peter." James grinned. "You have been spending too much with us. We're rubbing off on you." They walked towards Flourish and Blotts to pick up their textbooks on Transfiguration .

"You sure you want to do this guys?" asked Remus. "It might be—"

Sirius poked him in the side. "Don't talk so loud. McGreasy is still around here!"

Remus lowered his voice. "It's dangerous. I don't want you guys risking your necks for me. I'll be fine— I've coped all these years."

"We're doing it." replied James firmly. "We want to be wild animals."

Remus grinned. Suddenly, a flash of light emitted from the bookstore. All four boys stopped to see someone being thrown from the shop. They landed on a pile of chocolate frogs on a tray outside Florean Fortescue's ice cream parlor. "Frank? What happened? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be inside the store?"

"It was an accident," muttered Frank, his face turning red.

"Well, you want to head over to Flourish and Blotts, old Snivellus just went inside," said Sirius, sniggering mischievously.

"Erm, yeah, sure ," shrugged Frank. "But please don't be mean to him, he isn't worth getting into trouble."

"Mean? To Snivellus?" Sirius grinned innocently. "I don't know what you're talking about. We have nothing but the up most respect for him, right James?"

"Absolutely. Why you bothered anyway? Has your mum been giving you a hard time for being given detention last year?"

Frank shook his head. "I got picked on, too, is all. It's not nice being bullied."

"You always see the best in people, Frank. I tried that once. The best thing for us to do is agree to disagree about Snivellus," replied James.

They walked into Knockturn Alley and looked behind to be sure no one had seen them. James rummaged in his pockets and pulled out a dusty book. "Now who wants to see what it takes to become an Animagus?" Sirius peered over James' shoulder at the book. Peter hovered behind excitedly.

"Well, it doesn't look that hard," he sputtered, fear in his eyes.

"If you don't think you can handle this, then just say so, because it’s not too late to chicken out."

"I, no, I'm not, I was just thinking about what kind of animal I want to be. I'm thinking of maybe becoming a rabbit.”

Sirius barked his laugh, "You aren't cute enough to be a rabbit, how about a rat?"

"Or a mouse!" sniggered James.

They studied the book a bit longer when a shadow loomed over their shoulders. "Wha' are you lot doin' 'ere?" Hagrid's booming voice made everybody jump.

"Hey Hagrid," Sirius said, turning around quickly.

"We saw Snape come down here and we wanted to see where he was going," lied Remus. Peter started trembling.

"Well where'd he get ta?" Hagrid looked up and down the dingy alley.

"We lost him," said Sirius quickly.

"Well I better getcha outta here. You lot need to steer clear of this place. Don't wan' no one ter see ya down here." James looked at Hagrid, then nodded his head. They slumped back to Diagon Alley.

"Peter, Remus!" called someone from inside Ollivander's. They walked in, and immediately saw Lily holding up a new wand. "Look at my new wand, perfect for my Charm work," Lily smiled. She swished the wand underneath James' nose before turning her back on him.

James grinned to the other boys and then boldly stepped around her. "Hey, Lily. So, you going with me Saturday? I thought you'd like the tickets to the Weird Sisters—"

Lily spun around to look James in the eye. "No. I don't think so, unless you can magically deflate your ego?" The others laughed while James blushed slightly. Lily turned away but grinned into her hand while she pretended to cough.

"Shot down again, James." Sirius chortled.

James looked determined. "She'll come around," he stated. "I'll just annoy her until she gives in." He stepped towards Lily, but then slipped and landed on something that an owl had "dropped". Sirius quickly picked it up, saying it looked suspiciously like Broom Polish. James quickly got to his feet, cursing softly. Lily was chuckling as she walked over to Ollivander to pay for her new wand. She said her goodbyes (ignoring James) and set off down the street looking for Alice and Sally.

"James, you've got to forget about her, she doesn't like you. You should try that girl from Hufflepuff, she's way better—"

"Why don't you mind your own business?" James said. They stepped into the Leaky Cauldron for a drink of Butterbeer. A commotion in the back caught their attention and they edged towards the bar.

"Can you hear what is going on?" asked Peter.

"Perhaps if you shut up," snapped Sirius.

An ugly, greasy-haired woman whispering fiercely at a hooked-nosed man with very bushy eyebrows. "...don't care if you think we shouldn't do it, I want to. It's the plan!" The man pulled out a scroll and a purple quill.

"What are we going to start with?" he asked.

Suddenly a huge object flew across the room, hitting him in the head. He then threw a temper tantrum on how much he hates kids and a bar should ban anyone under the age of seventeen. He grabbed a wand and retrieved the object. It hit the wall and blew up the entire side of the room.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING! I want you out of here! Is everyone okay? Who was responsible for this? Show yourself!" The man stepped forward, and James saw the guilty pair. Covered in soot, stood Mr. Black and Snape's mom.

"Dad?! What are you doing?" yelled Sirius furiously as he rushed towards his father.

"This is none of your business, boy."

"Oh yes it is! I want to know what you are up to! You've been sneaking around with Mrs. Snape!?" yelled Sirius. "I can't believe you brought in that- thing!" he said, while pointing at an antique looking metal snake.

Mr. Black fumed. He raised the snake into the air. "Why? Are you afraid of a little snake? I should pull out my REAL snake!"

"Father! Stop!" Sirius yelled back. The room filled with smoke, as James pulled Sirius away towards the exit. A bang sounded as the door slammed behind them.

"Let's go," James said.

"What was your dad doing with her anyway?" said Peter, slightly shaking.

"I don't know, but it can't be good, can it?" sneered Sirius.

"Well, the sooner we can learn to transform, the better."

"Why?" asked Peter appearing confused.

"Because," Remus said slowly, "then we can have the freedom to sneak around listening to everything that is going on!"

"Ok" said Peter shrugging casually. After a few attempts at transforming Sirius was sprouting fur, while James had antlers. Peter simply smelt like a rat!

"Think we need more practice?" James laughed, and everyone agreed.

"Let's go back to Hogwarts," grinned Sirius. "I think we might be missed by now."

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Re: Archive of Five Words Stories

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next