HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV)

+3
Puck
Julia H.
Potteraholic
7 posters

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 Empty Story #139

Post  Mona Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:02 am

to include me in the
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 Empty Story#139

Post  Julia H. Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:16 am

Club. I think I deserve

Perhaps he feels it necessary to justify the idea.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:26 am

to be a member and

Yes, Lily might need a little bit of persuading that it is a harmless plan in order for her to go along with it.
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:57 pm

Slughorn likes me already. The
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 pm

potion will just put him

Spoiler:

It's been a while without a post, so I thought I'd add a hint just in case folks were stuck.
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:58 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 Deathly_Hallows_book_Art_%28Chapter_33%29

in a really good mood                
Verity Weasley wrote:It's been a while without a post, so I thought I'd add a hint just in case folks were stuck.
Verity, I dont think it's a case of folks being stuck... just busy. Puck's moving house, Julia's on holiday soon (or already) for 10 days, and Mona's husband is back home on leave. And me? Well, I'm at my parents' and also hanging out with my sister and her kids. I still have time to post, but... I'm of mixed minds about Lily wanting to help Sev use this potion as a means to get Slughorn to offer an invite to him, as I mentioned earlier. So I'm going to watch, along the sidelines, as others develop this section's storyline. (It might take a while, though, by the looks of things.) But thanks for the words! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2752390508

And Volume XI is up. The Dursleys figure heavily in this volume, and we have the first of the Lily/Petunia letters. Also, some great Pre-Harry, even pre-Marauder stories.

Just 2 more volumes to reformat/repost! bounce bounce The revision stories are coming up, and then the tricky formatting of The Daily Prophet piece. It'll be lots of hit-or-miss with that one! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 4225235429 But definitely seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. sunny

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:24 pm

."

"I'm not sure, Sev," Lily

I certainly understand about being busy!

Way to go on the re-posting PAH! cheers
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV)

Post  Mona Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:23 am

hesitated. "Do you really know

Spoiler:

PAH, good luck for the Daily Prophet story. Like a Star @ heaven
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:13 am

what that potion will do?
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:51 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 Deathly_Hallows_book_Art_%28Chapter_33%29

she whispered. "What if it                

I think that's a vague enough set of 5 words. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 464751818 Just wanted to post an update, in case Puck stops by or BB wanted to post again. (Or maybe, just maybe, if so someone new joined in? Nahhh... Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 464751818)

Thanks for the reposting support Verity and Mona. It's good to know I'll be done with that part of the Archiving soon. Then it'll just be making a bunch of posts with links when I create the Archives chart by category. The links will be to the posts where stories are listed by topic. We've written a few more stories since I last updated the topics list, so some of those lists will be longer than before. (I have a hunch that the list of stories about Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 858139975 will be the longest list of them all. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2222139670) I imagine I'll have a few tabs open at once to keep everything straight, with loads of going back and forth from page to page to check things. Should be fun. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2281877974

EDIT: Mona (and Julia, too, in case you stop by), when you get a chance, can you read my last 2 posts in the 'Efforts to Archive' thread? Regarding the tables? Thanks.

story update #7, 229 posts and 1,145 words

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV)

Post  Betelgeuse Black Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:54 am

makes him lose his hair
Spoiler:

I couldn't resist the invitation to drop in and add a bit of silliness. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 1003735042

I have been taking the opportunity to read some of the older five word stories. The first stories seemed disjointed and odd because the characters didn't act like they do in the books. Also, there were strange deviations (I felt) when suddenly another character was brought into the story. I think one of them took place at Hogwarts and Mrs. Weasley was brought into the conversation out of the blue.

The last one I read was really interesting about a dinner with Harry's and Dudley's families. I thought the dialogue, in general, was very good. It will be fun to read more of these! Therefore, I believe I should add to the words of thanks to our esteemed prefect, PAH. Smile Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2942856553

BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:12 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

or gain weight or worse.                

Thanks for the words suggestion, BB. And for heeding the call. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2752390508 And for going through the Five Words Archives and the kind words. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 1437562208Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2752390508 On behalf of the other Archivists and myself, it's great to read about whenever folks look at any archived material from WX that's been reposted here in our new forumotion home.

Re: the earlier stories, Puck, who started Five Wording before I did, made an observation about them here and here. I think many, but by no means, all, of those early Five Worders, were high school and college students. And posting happened more frequently, with 2 to 3 posters online at the same time having posting sprees. From about Volumes 5 or 6 onwards, the majority of Five Worders, while still young at heart, were a bit older in years, Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 464751818 and the posting pace slowed down considerably.

Which reminds me of something my 7 year-old niece said in the car yesterday, while describing a woman, "She was in her 20's or 40's." I laughed and laughed. To a 40 something like me, the thought that I could be mistaken for a 20 something by the under 10 set makes my day! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 1003735042

Also, from what I've experienced from those Volume 5 onwards, generally, as a group, Five Worders tried to have the characters act like they do in the books, and tried to steer clear of deviations like the one you described. The stories I have had the most fun participating in are the ones where there's very little canon, and we get to be as creative as we want. Stories about lesser-known characters have turned out quite well, I think, and I personally love the Seamus and Dean adventures, and anything where Minnie McG or Molly take center stage or play a great part. I think we have amassed quite a fun, entertaining, eclectic, interesting, and sometimes very plausible set of stories here, written five words at a tim. YAY us! bounce

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:28 pm

"

"That's why I want you

A bit of flattery never goes amiss. Ron certainly used it on Hermione with great effect! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 1003735042

The Five Words archives are a wonderful record of our years on this forum. It's nice to look back and remember some of our earlier stories. One of my favourites remains the one with Luna and her father, but I also love the ones where we have given our creativity free rein, such as the special edition of the Daily Prophet. Maybe we could have a 'Featured Story of the Week' or something like that, where we take turns to choose a story and recommend it to our fellow Five Worders?
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:07 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

to help me brew it.                Re: the flattery, take it away, Verity! (Or next poster! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2222139670)

LOL, this story's certainly creeping along... and to be honest, I'm only posting now because I really wanted to ask Verity a question about her suggestion for future stories. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 1437562208Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2752390508 After reading the past few volumes of stories - I just finished reformatting the one where Gilderoy Lockhart reads an excerpt of his 'Wagga Wagga Werewolf' book over the radio (what fun that story was to write! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2281877974) - I realized that I'm ready for a break from Lily and Severus stories for a while. We've written about 3 or 4, maybe more now, and there are just sooo many other wonderful, funny, and adventurous characters we could write about. (And aahhh... the Luna and Xeno story... a lovely one, that. *sniff*)

So Verity, your suggestion sounds great! And as there are currently only 5 or 6 folks Five Wording with any regularity, taking turns starting stories sounds very manageable. Here's my question: when you say a 'Featured Story of the Week' in The Daily Prophet, do you mean that's what we're writing every time from now on and alternating starts? Or do you mean something like every story that's a multiple of 3 or 5 or something is a DP story, so whoever's turn it is chooses the featured story topic? Or some other thing entirely?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:32 am

Together, we're sure to get

Oh dear, I probably should have put a paragraph break in to make my meaning more clear.

We could definitely write some more Daily Prophet stories, they were great fun to write, but when I mentioned a Featured Story of the Week I was thinking of something totally different.

I'll try and be clearer. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2752390508 I was just thinking that we have a wonderful store of past stories, just sitting there in the archives now. I thought it could be fun if each week, one of us current posters chose a story from the archives as our featured story of the week, and recommended our fellow posters read it. We could link to it (PAH, you'd have to remind some of us how to do that! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 1437562208 ) and make a few comments about why we chose it, then others could comment after they'd read it. It seems a shame to have all those great stories just sitting there feeling neglected, that's all.

Does that make sense? What do others think?
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:34 am

it right. You're really good
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:43 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

at measuring just the perfect                

Verity Weasley wrote:What do others think?
Ummm... how about just one other at the mo', Verity. Just yours truly. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 464751818 Hope you don't mind.

Ahhh... I see! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 266347159 I LOVE your idea! And... as there'll be lots of posts left over in the Archives thread, all the new comments on past stories could be collected in a 'Featured Story of the Week' comments page, one per story. When I set-up the Archives, I left some blank posts in the beginning, in case some things came up where a post on the first screen page of the Archives would be needed. An index of these featured stories, with links to their new comments, sounds like the perfect thing for one of those pages. So... count me in! I vote YES! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2222139670

Volume XII is posted! This one had our revision stories; 5 of 'em. Remember those? I liked the challenge of working on those... maybe we can do that again soon? Lots of stories with female pairs: Luna and Padma (the 'fåravel'/'farväl' mix-up Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2281877974), Hermione and Luna in Australia, and the Petunia and Lily letters continued.... what fun those were. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 1003735042 Just Volume XIII to go, and some minor reformatting of the post titles and links in Volume XVI, and then... I can work on the story topics chart. The light's getting closer! bounce

sunny

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 Empty story #139

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:31 pm

amount of ingredients." He smiled

Thanks PAH. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2752390508 Let's see what everyone else thinks too.

Those re-posted stories in the archives are looking fantastic. You've really gone all out with the formatting. The added pictures, font colours and styles make the stories even better to re-read than when they were on WX. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 3123246341

Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:01 pm

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

, and added, "You're also very                

Verity, do you think there's a quick way to end this story? Or... how about this? We end with a cliffhanger and continue it another time? When folks who are more attuned to this story are around more to post words to it to do it justice? Like the way we ended the Neville and the mysterious plant (Noissome Vibrissa story)? Just an idea, as this story is just draaagging. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 642620432

Re: the FW Archives, thanks, Verity! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2222139670 Though I did use many of those same pix as my story avatars over on WX, when I started that practice in Volume VIII. I had a page of their HTML codes saved in my Five Words desktop folder. Go figure. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 1437562208 I had to find new ones for a few that were no longer available online, and for some of the stories PatPat posted, I happened to find her avatar in an image search. So while she may not have registered here yet, she's still here in spirit. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2447527733

I also wanted to keep the look of the WX posts somewhat the same, so decided to use the Times New Roman font for all the text a la WX, instead of the default one all the posts are set to, Verdana. But the colors and different bolded and italicized styles for the links etc. are absolutely brand now... I guess it's the teacher in me, but colors always make a page pop and get people's attention. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2222139670 And who knows? maybe one or two of this forum's nifty features might show up in one or two of the next volume's stories... Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 464751818Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 1003735042

Edit: Added a link to the Neville story.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:10 am

good at carefully following instructions

I don't know PAH. I haven't read an update post in a while, so I'm not sure how the story reads so far as a whole. I saw Julia's post on the riddle thread saying she'd be away for a while, so I guess that's why she hasn't posted in this story in a while. It is kind of dragging, so it makes sense for us to just try and get to an end point of some kind. It could be a series, as you suggested. It definitely worked for Neville and the plant story! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2752390508
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:20 am

image c/o
harrypotter.wikia.com

. So ... what do you say?                

Verity, the latest update ends right when this conversation starts. It can be found in the post after the header post. Hope it helps.

Well... maybe some others will join in before Julia gets back. I did mention something like this happening 2 weeks ago. As for a series... Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 793915934 I was just thinking a Part II, no more. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2752390508

LOL, I've written too many stalling posts lately... and I don't want to make this story any longer than need be. Good luck with it, folks! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2752390508 Or maybe Five Words goes on a bit of a hiatus for a week or so? Let's see what happens.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 Empty story #139

Post  Verity Weasley Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:33 pm

"

A few hours later, Severus

Let's 'show, not tell' what Lily's answer was, and move the story forward at the same time! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XV) - Page 21 2752390508 I imagine it would take a couple of hours to gather all the ingredients and brew the potion.
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:37 pm

was adding the last ingredients

BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:53 pm

to the cauldron, which Lily
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:09 am

'd provided. The mixture frothed and

Last edited by freshwater on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to correct bolding)
freshwater
freshwater
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next