HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX)

4 posters

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 Empty Story #154

Post  Julia H. Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:25 am

me with this. Don't even

Mona wrote:I wonder how Voldy put up with him without resorting to the old AK.
When he got to know Quirrell, he was in no position to AK anyone. Besides, perhaps Quirrell didn't stutter when he was talking to him.

Verity wrote:How long do we want to go with this? What point would make for a good ending? When they get to the hospital wing perhaps?
Wherever we can write a suitable last line? I won't be able to post for quite a few days soon, so it may be up to you and Mona after all.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 am

think of crossing me."

A

Well, I think we are pretty close to the end now. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 858139975 
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 am

few minutes later, they reached
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:28 am

the hospital wing, and Snape
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:40 am

entered, nearly collapsing with fatigue

He has done a lot of walking and maybe even running with that injured leg.

I don't know what Quirrell is going to do in the hospital wing, but it's good he is there in case Snape needs someone to lean on for support before he reaches Madam Pomfrey. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 464751818
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:27 pm

, keeping himself upright only by
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX)

Post  Mona Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:44 pm

sheer willpower. Madam Pomfrey came

Spoiler:

Julia H. wrote:
When he got to know Quirrell, he was in no position to AK anyone. Besides, perhaps Quirrell didn't stutter when he was talking to him.

That's true. Poor Voldy! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 1003735042 
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:58 pm

bustling over and eased Severus

Poor Voldy! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 793915934  That's not something you hear every day! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 1003735042 
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX)

Post  Mona Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:53 am

into one of the vacant

When it comes to Wormtail and Quirrell, Voldy has my sympathy. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 464751818
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:35 am

beds.

"What on earth has

Spoiler:
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:47 am

happened to you, Professor Snape?

lol! Mona and Verity!

I thought of ending this story exactly as you say, Verity! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2752390508 
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:29 am

Did you run into trouble

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2752390508 
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:38 am

with the troll?" she asked

I'm trying to imagine how a huge mountain troll could bite someone's leg. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2222139670 The person would probably have to wrestle it to the ground first. Or wake it from its sleep.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:56 am

with concern.

"Not the troll

Well, Poppy hasn't seen the wound yet. She doesn't know it's a bite wound. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 464751818 

Two or three more posts should do it. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2752390508 
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:12 am

," Snape replied, hissing as Madam

Hm... what can he say that would make an effective ending? I have no idea, yet, but perhaps you do. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2752390508
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Pomfrey examined his wound, then

Spoiler:
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:23 am

, with a nod towards Quirrell,

I was thinking of something like that, too, but I wasn't sure about the wording... Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2752390508
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:52 am

adding, "something that may yet

I'm still waiting for a flash of inspiration. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2752390508 
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 am

prove to be a much

Is the last post coming now? Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 3845856932
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:27 am

more dangerous yet enigmatic adversary."

Yes, I think this could be the end! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2752390508

Does this seem OK? I was trying to come up with a word that would hint at the fact that Snape suspects Quirrell of being after the Stone but doesn't yet know why. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2752390508 
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:36 am

Perfect, Verity! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2752390508 

It will take a while for me to post the full story (I will use this post for it), because I won't be posting for a few days, but start the new story with Mona anyway.

Story #154 and the statistics:

The Backstage Battle

The Great Hall was in turmoil following Professor Quirrell's dramatic announcement. Panic-stricken students jumped from their seats and pelted for the door as their teachers struggled to maintain order. Severus's eyes swept the scene. He watched the prefects ushering their houses back to the dormitories while the teachers all hurried to the dungeons.

All? He realises that in the commotion it would be quite easy for someone with an ulterior motive to take a different path. He couldn't see Quirrell anywhere... With a sudden decision he exited the Hall and hurried upstairs. He had to keep an eye on Quirrell, and Quirrell was almost certainly headed for the third-floor corridor. The troll could be a diversion, and something told Snape the real danger was elsewhere. He hurried out of the secret passageway that was a shortcut between the first floor DADA corridor and the Charms corridor on the third floor. The Charms corridor seemed deserted, but Severus held his wand at the ready, as he noiselessly approached the door. He tried the doorknob. The door creaked slowly open, surprising him. He heard a low growl from the giant three-headed dog inside and a familiar voice yelling "Stupefy!"

Severus instinctively cast a Shield Charm, though the curse was not aimed at him. The dog yelped in annoyance, swivelling its heads from side to side as Severus entered, searching for the source of the curse. Soon enough the beast seemed to decide to take action, rising to its feet and lunging at Quirrell, who was standing, wand out, against the wall. He shouted another spell, but it didn't seem to have any effect. Severus's Impediment Jinx, however, slowed the creature's lunge long enough for Quirrell to bolt back towards the door and to accidentally push his colleague into the path of the attack.

Severus felt an excruciating pain in his leg as three sets of sharp teeth raked his flesh. He winced, struggling to keep his balance as he backed hurriedly out of the grip of the ferocious fangs. Blood mingled with drool trickled down his calf as he squeezed back through the door, casting another Impediment Jinx, this time in Quirrell's direction, who was apparently trying to make a quick getaway. Ignoring the pain, Severus swiftly limped down the corridor to catch up with him. When he caught up, Quirrell was forced to stop and face a furious Professor Snape. He glared at Quirrell angrily.

"What do you think you are doing?" he demanded. "Can you explain why you were in the forbidden corridor instead of down in the dungeons with the other teachers?"

"B-but S-Severus, I c-c-could ask y-you the s-same," stuttered Quirrell. "W-why d-d-didn't you g-go d-down to the d-d-dungeons?"

"You wanted us all out of the way, didn't you? How convenient for you to have everyone rushing down there while you are taking your chance to go after the Philosopher's Stone!"

Quirrell blinked and took a step backwards. Severus was glowering at him, his black eyes glittering with fury.

"Y-y-ou c-c-can't accuse m-me! I would n-n-never betray D-Dumbledore and I d-d-didn't d-do anything you d-didn't d-do. I s-s-suspected f-f-foul p-play, s-s-so I c-c-came to ch-check - and f-f-found you! P-p-perhaps we b-both sh-should k-k-keep quiet!"

Snape looked outraged and his voice was heavy with malice as he replied. "I don't think we need to bother Professor Dumbledore just yet, but I'm warning you, Quirrell, I will be keeping a sharp eye on you! If you come anywhere near this corridor in future, I'll make sure Dumbledore hears about it!”

"B-but w-w-why w-would I d-do anything t-to the s-s-stone?" Quirrell stammered,"I'm part of the t-t-team p-p-protecting it!"

Snape gave Quirrell a withering look and proceeded to limp rapidly down the corridor. Quirrell followed, continuing to mutter under his breath. A shriek from somewhere below caught Severus's attention and he quickened his pace.

"Wh-what w-was that?" Quirrell inquired.

"We are going to find out," Snape replied succinctly. His tone made it clear that they were going to the scene of the disturbance together.

"And you'd better hope no one has been injured by your little prank," he added sharply. "If they have..." He left the sentence unfinished.

A minute later, they turned a corner and the shouts and screams mingled with crashes and the sounds an enraged troll would make in a confined space. Professor McGonagall was rushing towards the scene from the opposite direction, and they reached the place at almost the same time. It was now clearly evident that the racket was coming from a girls' bathroom. The noise had suddenly abated and Severus saw Professor McGonagall freeze for a fraction of a second at the door. He glanced around to check that Quirrell was still there and then followed Professor McGonagall through the door. The sight that greeted the three teachers was a gruesome one. The bathroom was in ruins. Broken china lay scattered on the floor along with several taps and shards of glass and mirror. A watery puddle was spreading rapidly across the tiled floor where the troll was lying unconscious, surrounded by three first-year students, looking bedraggled but triumphant. One of them was Potter and he was with that Weasley boy and that annoying know-it-all Muggle-born. Potter and the Weasley boy both had their wands out, green slime dripping from the tips. The Granger girl was looking sheepish. Quirrell quickly sat down on a nearby toilet with a whimper. Severus stepped to the troll and leaned over, examining it carefully. He cast a Body-Bind curse silently, in case the gigantic beast came to, and fixed Potter with a penetrating gaze as Professor McGonagall began berating the three of them.

Harry Potter, Snape thought with a twinge of bitterness, you are deliberately courting danger, risking the life your mother gave her own life for! You are just as reckless as your arrogant father was! I've sworn to protect you but you'd better not make it more difficult. The Dark Lord is a formidable enemy enough ... but perhaps you are not as ignorant and ordinary as you seem.

Lost in his thoughts, he only half heard the Granger girl's account of what had happened or Professor McGonagall's conflicted reaction of praise and reprimand. When the dunderheads had left the bathroom, Snape took a painful step towards Professor McGonagall and raised an eyebrow.

"With first-year students like these, who needs the monsters of the Forbidden Forest?"

His injured leg was throbbing dully and he could not quite mask the pain as he limped to a broken water pipe and swiftly cast a Stopper Charm. Professor McGonagall, eyeing Snape curiously, said, "are you all right, Severus?"

He replied curtly, "I'm fine. Quirinus looks sick, though."

Quirrell whimpered as if on cue, and clutched his stomach.

"You need the hospital wing," Snape said to him, then, addressing Professor McGonagall, "Will you be alright to stay here with the troll until help arrives, if I accompany Quirinus to Madam Pomfrey?"

"Of course, Severus, and while you are there, you might as well get Poppy to examine your leg."

Severus muttered something inaudible, then took Professor Quirrell by the arm and marched him down the corridor.

"I want you to know that you are playing a dangerous game, Quirrell. I'm not taking any chances. I will be keeping a close eye on all your movements from now on."

"I d-d-don't know -" began Quirrell, but Snape cut him off. "You don't fool me with this. Don't even think of crossing me."

A few minutes later, they reached the hospital wing, and Snape entered, nearly collapsing with fatigue, keeping himself upright only by sheer willpower. Madam Pomfrey came bustling over and eased Severus into one of the vacant beds.

"What on earth has happened to you, Professor Snape? Did you run into trouble with the troll?" she asked with concern.

"Not the troll," Snape replied, hissing as Madam Pomfrey examined his wound, then, with a nod towards Quirrell, adding, "something that may yet prove to be a much more dangerous yet enigmatic adversary."

First Post29/6/13
Last Post27/7/13
Time taken to write story27 days, 19 hours, 49 minutes
Length1340 words / 268 posts
ContributorsVerity Weasley, Julia H, Mona

Last edited by Julia H. on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:13 am; edited 10 times in total
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:59 am

OK Mona, it's your turn to start the new story. When you're ready, just go ahead and start us off. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2222139670 
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 Empty Story #155

Post  Mona Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:55 pm

Oh dear, I had no idea it was my turn to start! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 1437562208 Anyway, here goes -

Voldemort was furious. In fact

BTW, love the way you guys wrapped up the previous story. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2752390508
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 Empty Story #155

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 am

, he was ready to kill

Sorry Mona, I have been a bit preoccupied the last day or so. I'm trying to get organised for this workshop I'm presenting next week.

Anyway, this is quite an intriguing start to a story. Did you have any particular scenario or time period in mind?
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:39 pm

someone just to let off

No idea at all, Verity! Lets just do it five words at a time unless one of us thinks of a plan. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XIX) - Page 11 2222139670 
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next