HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Efforts to Archive WX Threads

+9
Thom Matheson
Verity Weasley
Madam Pince
Mona
John Bumbledore
Elanor
Lady Arabella
Julia H.
Potteraholic
13 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Elanor's list of reposted threads - Part II

Post  Elanor Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:49 am

Time to start a new list! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670

Elanor's list of Reposted Threads
= updated on table

I have reposted ten more threads (all the threads that remained in my "Opinions on all things HP" folder).
Here's the list:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update #13 June 12, 2011
Opinions On All Things Harry Potter
EL, Recommended Reading, Opinions On All Things Harry Potter, Y
EL, Our Favorite Moments from Book Seven, Opinions On All Things Harry Potter, Y
EL, OotP Video Game - Your Thoughts?, Opinions On All Things Harry Potter, Y
EL, Our First Impressions of Book Seven, Opinions On All Things Harry Potter, Y
EL, Things that you would like to see happen..., Opinions On All Things Harry Potter, Y
EL, Release Parties for Book 7 - Ideas & Input Appreciated, Opinions On All Things Harry Potter, Y
EL, The Title(s) for the Seventh Book, Opinions On All Things Harry Potter, Y
EL, Was anyone disappointed in Book 6?, Opinions On All Things Harry Potter, Y
EL, Why can't they make a GOOD movie??, Opinions On All Things Harry Potter, Y
EL, HBP: a guaranteed success?, Opinions On All Things Harry Potter, Y

Off to party! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1003735042

Edit: Forgot to ask! All the remaining threads I still have to repost featured either in the "New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed" folder, either in the "Condensed Archived Threads Folder" or in the "Archived Threads to Be Worked" one. Do we all agree that I should choose another folder (character, theory, opinion, etc) for each of the threads which were in these folders?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update #14 June 15, 2011
EL, Wizard Invulnerability: "Not Enough Gun", Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, Y
EL, Palindrome - Symmetry of the Series, Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, Y
EL, Harry Potter and the sevens & seventeens, Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, Y
EL, Harry Potter Companion Essay "What Did Dobby Know?", Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, Y
EL, Favorite Quotes Used to Contrast That JKR Uses and Re-uses, Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: Opinions On All Things Harry Potter , Y
EL, JKR - A Year in the Life, Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: JKR Interviews/Website and their Effects on Our Ideas , Y
EL, Beedle the Bard, Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: The World and the HP Phenomenon , Y
EL, Prequel Postcard - Spoilers, Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: The World and the HP Phenomenon , Y
EL, The Numero of Wands, Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: Magical Items, Spells, and Potions , Y
EL, Harry Potter on UK A-Level Courses, Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: The World and the HP Phenomenon , Y
EL, Let's Play Global Thermonuclear War, [Formerly New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed , reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions, Y

update #15 June 18, 2011
EL, George and Fred - Not so identical (condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Harry wasn't special when... (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, A Few Questions...and Possible Answers (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Arithmancy - Theory and Applications (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Hogwarts Express Train and Wizard Space (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Dumbledore vs. Voldemort-wisdom, power and the Dark Arts (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, How Truthful is Dumbledore? Condensed thread, Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Does Snape Want to Be the DADA Teacher? (condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, Does the Harry Potter series have literary value? (adapted), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: The World and the HP Phenomenon , Y
EL, How many "Hard and Fast" errors are there? (adapted), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Problems in the HP books , Y
EL, Dark Wizard Grindelwald and the HP story (condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Wizards, Witches, Muggles, Squibs, Ghosts, Etc , Y

update #16 June 22, 2011
EL, Key things from book two? (condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Imperio and Who is Imperioed (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, The significance of Bertha & Florence. Condensed thread, Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Something Important About Harry (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, Killing Harry / Sparing Lily - Condensed thread, Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, The Triwizard Cup and Other Portkeys (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Magical Items, Spells and Potions , Y
EL, Mechanisms of Magic (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Magical Items, Spells and Potions , Y
EL, Wands: Production and Use (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Magical Items, Spells and Potions , Y
EL, Thoughts about translations, part 1. (Condensed), Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: The World and the HP Phenomenon , Y
EL, Ron - Condensed thread, Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Hogwarts Students during the HP years, Y
EL, Is Snape a Vampire? Condensed Arguments For and Against, Formerly Condensed Archived Threads Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y

PAH's Edit: rearranged updates #15 and #16 to group threads within the same category together. Makes it easier to update the 'Reposted Threads' tables. (June 24, 2011)

update #17 June 26, 2011
EL, Bill and Charlie, how old are they?, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Harry's Trunk and Contents, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Did JKR *really* plan this?, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Lupin is really James Potter, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories, Y
EL, Fate (the Prophecy) or Choices, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories, Y
EL, HP6: The Half-Blood Prince, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories, Y
EL, HP6: the Half Blood Prince (28 Jun 04 - 14 Mar 05), Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories, Y
EL, Beyond the Closed Door, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories, Y
EL, Introduction to Potterverse, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Opinions on all Things HP, Y
EL, Does any one else wonder 'what if...', Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Opinions on all Things HP, Y
EL, It appears that Harry will live after the series!, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: JKR’s Interviews and website, Y

update #18 July 2, 2011
EL, Norbert is HOTTTTTTTT!!!!!! ... and more! (1 Apr 05 & 06), Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, Quidditch!, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, The Time-line, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, The Houses at Hogwarts - Qualities Necessary to Belong?, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, ParselForce, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, New UK book covers!!, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Potter-pourri Observations & Questions , Y
EL, The Hidden Meaning of Colour?, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, T. M. Riddle, a half-forgotten friend, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, The heir of Gryffindor, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, Origins and History of the Wizarding World, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, The Prophecy, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, The Hidden Meaning in Hair, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, Who's Going to Inherit 12 Grimmauld Place?, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, New Clue, who?, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, Muggle Genetics, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Theories , Y
EL, Purchasing a Second Wand, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Magical items , Y
EL, What will you be doing on July 16th 2005?, Formerly Archived Threads to be Worked Folder, reposted in: Opinions on all things HP , Y

update #19 September 4, 2011
EL, What is a favorite HP-related Christmas memory or event? (started 12/23/09), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11
EL, Which 3 of Book One’s chapter titles grabbed your attention? (3/19/10-4/11/10), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11
EL, Survey: What would your name your post owl if you had one? (10/30/09-11/8/09), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11
EL, Survey: If JKR writes another HP book.....what should the title be? (started 1/3/10), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11
EL, What's your favorite owl name? (11/15/09-11/22/09), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11
EL, But not on Gilligan's Island (Part 1) (3/28/09-4/13/09), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11
EL, But not on Gilligan's Island (Part 2) (3/28/09-4/13/09), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11
EL, What is your wizarding beverage of choice? (3/28/09-4/13/09), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11
EL, What would you do with a house elf (early in the morning)? (3/28/09-4/13/09), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11
EL, Which spells would you most like to learn? (spells from H-J only; 4/13/09-4/26/09), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11
EL, Favorite quotes by Fred and/or George from OotP (pt 1 of 2; 4/05/09-4/19/09), Votes On All Things Harry Potter , Y 9/5/11

Last edited by Potteraholic on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : added √ next to posts updated in 'Archived/Reposted' table.)
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Nearly 23% reposted!

Post  Potteraholic Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:27 am

Elanor,

Thanks for your reposted threads. We're at nearly 23% now. Woo Hoo! bounce

Elanor wrote:All the remaining threads I still have to repost featured either in the "New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed" folder, either in the "Condensed Archived Threads Folder" or in the "Archived Threads to Be Worked" one. Do we all agree that I should choose another folder (character, theory, opinion, etc) for each of the threads which were in these folders?
Yes, that's what I would do. You could make note of the fact that the thread you're reposting was originally in one of those sections in the introduction in the header post. But that's just my opinion. Others might not think that was necessary. It would be interesting to hear what they have to say. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Re: Efforts to Archive WX Threads

Post  Lady Arabella Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:44 pm

I agree that you should just find an appropriate place (Theories, Opinions, etc.) for the old archived threads that didn't have a home. I don't think it's necessary to note the lack of home when you re-post - - I don't think it matters to someone reading that the thread used to be in Archived Condensed Threads for example, rather than being originally in Theories. But that's just me! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670

PAH is the only one who needs to know the original placement so she can make the appropriate "check" when the thread is re-posted. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 464751818
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty It's been a bit quiet on the reposting front...

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:12 am

Lady Arabella wrote:PAH is the only one who needs to know the original placement so she can make the appropriate "check" when the thread is re-posted. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 464751818
Maybe that's why I'm the only one who responded to your question. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2398211921

Added later: Embarassed I just realized, that was Elanor's Q not LA's. Many apologies, LA. It is great when someone else responds to a question, so there isn't one lone response, even if it's just to say... I agree!

I know it's a busy time for many of us; I know it is for me as a teacher with the year ending and all the year-end stuff I have to do. But I do know that threads have been reposted here and there over the past week or so, which is great to see! I just encourage folks to post an update on their individual 'threads reposted' post so that they don't forget which threads they've reposted recently, saving yourself some searching time later. No amount of threads reposted is too small. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670 Every little bit counts!

I will wait to update the tables with √s until my Sunday evening, June 19th. Maybe we'll hit 25% soon? Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 266347159

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added note in black)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Reposting update

Post  Elanor Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:36 am

Bonjour fellow archivists! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670

Since I had a bit of time today, I reposted some more threads, the 11 that were in the "New Discussion Threads Not Approved or Placed" folder more precisely (and I've updated my list too PaH).

Thanks for the input PaH and LA! I've thought about what both of you said and then thought maybe it would be best to add a note to the threads that were in the "New Discussions" folder (which I just did when reposting them) but that maybe it wasn't necessary when reposting the threads of the "Condensed Archived Threads" one since they all contain "condensed thread" in their title. That's what we call in French "to cut the pear in two" (a tad more fun way to say "to meet halfway", isn't it? Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1003735042).

With those 11 threads we should be close to 25% now, shouldn't we?
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Elanor wrote:With those 11 threads we should be close to 25% now, shouldn't we?
We're nearly there, Elanor. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508 I know a few threads have been reposted by other archivists who have not updated their 'reposted threads' posts, so when they do, I will be able to officially add the √s in to the table and then we'll officially be over 25%. bounce I had some time now, Elanor, so I added the √s today instead of waiting until Sunday. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508

I'm wondering, is there anyone who would like some help in reposting some of their archived threads? I will be finished with school at the end of June, when I'll be completely free to work on finishing off the Five Words Stories Archives, and then I'll have some time off and on during July and August to repost, if anyone would like some help.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : changed my msg. somewhat)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Elanor Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:06 am

11 more threads reposted! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670 I've updated my list too.

Thanks for the offer PaH, but I think I will manage to repost all the threads I've saved, there aren't that many left for me. Have you tried to contact Me and My Shadow or Odo? I think they both had saved some threads too and I haven't seen them on the forum in a long time. Just an idea! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty My offer to help repost threads...

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Taking a quick break and saw your post, Elanor. Great news! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670 Don't have time to update the table right now, tho'. Will do so tomorrrow.
Elanor wrote:11 more threads reposted! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670 I've updated my list too.

Thanks for the offer PaH, but I think I will manage to repost all the threads I've saved, there aren't that many left for me. Have you tried to contact Me and My Shadow or Odo? I think they both had saved some threads too and I haven't seen them on the forum in a long time. Just an idea! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508
I have MAMS' email address, but not Odo's and I don't think they're registered on here at all for me to send them a PM. But I'll try MAMS, even tho' she didn't respond to an email I sent in March. If anyone has Odo's, please send me a PM with it and I'll ask him.

Actually, when I made that offer, I was extending it to the current archivists, since i noticed that some have reposted threads at less frequent rates than others. It was just an idea, tho'! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508 I'll stay Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2830478367 about it from now on. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Potteraholic wrote: . . . .since I noticed that some have reposted threads at less frequent rates than others. It was just an idea, tho'! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508 I'll stay Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2830478367 about it from now on. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670

LOL - that would probably be me. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1437562208 I have indeed been pokey. I might have to forego the Riddles Thread for a while in order to make more progress. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 3906177977

Actually the re-posting part is fast - it's the formatting and editing of the threads in Notepad format that takes a while. And there were some original posters who posted with great enthusiasm and frequency, but with little regard to spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc. Although once I finish with the Theories, editing and posting might be faster.

Actually, I would be glad to email some of the Notepad folders to you, PAH. And I can look up Odo's email - it was public in the old forum, and I sent him an email back in March. I'll look it and send it to you via private message.

And after all my pontificating about not needing to note what was a Condensed, Archived Thread, I just re-posted a thread (Killing Harry/Sparing Lily) that really needed to have some notes added about it, one of which was that the thread had been condensed long ago and it's condition was as I found it. (sigh)
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Reposting threads...

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Lady Arabella wrote:
Potteraholic wrote: . . . .since I noticed that some have reposted threads at less frequent rates than others. It was just an idea, tho'! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508 I'll stay Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2830478367 about it from now on. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670
LOL - that would probably be me. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1437562208 I have indeed been pokey.
LA, there are quite a few √s next to 'LA' in the tables... you're doing fine. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670 A favor, tho'... please do a quick update of the threads you've reposted since [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]... we want to get them all in to the tables. Who knows? With the ones Elanor reposted recently and yours, we might get really close to 30%!

About reposting, just to be clear, I'm not offering to reformat the docs and then send them to be reposted by someone else. I would do both. Also, are these threads with voluminous posts? Like the Chat threads? 'Cause... ummm... Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1437562208 I'm not volunteering to repost those. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 793915934 There are way too m-a-n-y posts for me, and I didn't/don't post much on that thread anyway. But the Theories, Predictions, Opinions, etc., sure! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:26 pm

PAH, I believe we are in perfect accord. I understood you meant to format and re-post. And I really wanted to do the Chat threads myself - I think they will be easier than theories involving Snape and his loyalty. (Hat's off to Mona for re-posting the ulcer-inducing Snape threads!)

I also wanted to do the Fanfiction threads myself - if for no other reason than I can't see emailing the file of artwork to anyone. Which reminds me, we do need one more thread for the files from the Fanfiction forum, but I hate calling the the "Archived Fanfiction" thread because I didn't save any of the stories, only the Chat threads and artwork. Any suggestions from anyone?

I've only added 3 more threads, but updated my list [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Last edited by Lady Arabella on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Hat's off to Mona for re-posting the ulcer-inducing Snape threads!

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Lady Arabella wrote:PAH, I believe we are in perfect accord. I understood you meant to format and re-post. And I really wanted to do the Chat threads myself - I think they will be easier than theories involving Snape and his loyalty. (Hat's off to Mona for re-posting the ulcer-inducing Snape threads!)
Re: the Snape threads...hear, hear! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 464751818Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1003735042

LA, please send me a PM of the threads you're considering sending over to me, with their approx. post lengths, and then we'll take it from there. I'll probably be done reformatting all the Five Words stuff and reposting it by the end of the first week in July, *fingers crossed*, then can start reposting other stuff then.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Elanor Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:26 am

That's it! I've finsihed reposting the 11 remaining threads I had in the "Condensed Archived Threads" folder! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670 I've updated my list too.

More Strengthening Charms to all the archivists!
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:14 am

Late, I know, but I've finally joined the reposting process. My first (experimental) reposted thread is Significance of the "Half Blood Prince" Title? in Potter-pourri Observations & Questions. No index yet. Advice and comments are welcome.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Lady A... any more threads you want to pass on?

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:57 pm

LA, I'm almost done reformatting all the threads in the Magical Creatures and Plants folder you sent me. If you'd like to send me any more, I'm game. I'm partial to threads of under the 1,000 posts count. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508

Now, I just want to see which demarcation between posts I prefer before I repost later tonight:

this (single white line)

or this (double white line)

single or double line?

this (single black line)

or this (double black line)

single or double black line?

EDIT: Hmmm... the black line only shows up when I use Safari, not Firefox. Curious.

Maybe I should just use

—————————————————————————————————

Oh, and to answer your question Julia, your reposted thread looks fine to me. But one thing, it was hard to see where one batch of posts ended and a new one started when I was scrolling down quickly since I look for the archivist's avatar as an indicator. So without an avatar on the side to look out for, it's easy to go past a particular section's start.

—————————————————————————————————

EDIT 2: LA and Elanor, I'm going to try and update the Reposted Threads table tonight. LA, how 'bout: "Archived Chat threads from the FanFiction Forum" and "Archived Artwork from the FanFiction Forum"?
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  John Bumbledore Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 am

Potteraholic wrote:
Lady Arabella wrote:
LOL - that would probably be me. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1437562208 I have indeed been pokey.
LA, there are quite a few √s next to 'LA' in the tables... you're doing fine. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670 A favor, tho'... please do a quick update of the threads you've reposted since [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...
Ah, well then, I'm the guilty one. Alas, I have one home computer (desk top model) but four children (aged 12 to 16) and a dear wife who is a school teacher so of course needs to get her school work done and home is her planning period. Thus I get the last hour of the day. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 3276373137

But school is out? Well guess who just got back from a ten day vacation? My wife's niece got married the day after my son was a junior marshal at graduation, so we traveled about 600 miles from 5 AM Saturday to arrive about two hours before the 4:30 PM wedding. After that everything else was easy and great.

I have a couple threads in progress. I'll update my list when I finish them. Maybe I'll look for a few short thread to post, but I still won't catch up with the others. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1437562208 Now I'm trying to catch up on my Sleep after getting home. Four days later and I'm still tired.
John Bumbledore
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

http://HPLF-work.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:30 am

Slow at reposting? That will definitely be me. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 3906177977 I'll try and hurry up - as much as I can.

Re: about the missing avatar: Yes, I've noticed that, too, and here is another promise: I'll have an avatar as soon as I find a picture that I like for this purpose. Of course, I'll need to spend some time on looking for one as well. I still haven't joined the baby picture project, but maybe one of these days...
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Please check the Archived/Reposted threads tables BEFORE reposting a thread!

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi archivists! I've updated the Archived/Reposted threads tables with Elanor, LA, John B., and my reposted threads. And now... we are at 175/578 threads reposted, just over 30%! bounce bounce

I spent the better part of an hour updating the tables, for various reasons. One was to check the update of threads that were archived by 2 and sometimes 3 people. It turns out that 2 threads: 1) Killing Harry/Sparing Lily (Condensed Thread) and 2) Dark Wizard Grindelwald and the Harry Potter story (Condensed Thread), were reposted twice.

1) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and
2) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Could folks please check the tables (links can always be found in the header post of this thread, and reproduced here, so you know what to look for there) to see if you're about to repost a thread that someone else has archived and then correspond with them to see if they plan on reposting it or not?

Index of Tables of Threads Archived from World Crossing

• Table of Threads Archived/Reposted from World Crossing, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
• Table of Threads Archived/Reposted from World Crossing, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Or check the folder a thread belongs in to see if it's already been reposted there? It would save you the trouble of reposting it, and it would save me the trouble of trying to figure out why there are duplicate threads. I put the duplicate threads in red last month to help people notice which threads were duplicated. I thought red would be noticeable. I guess it doesn't stand out enough. *sigh* Maybe another color would garner more attention?

Also, when you post your updates, could you group the threads you've reposted together by category? It makes it easier to copy and paste the threads as a block of writing, rather than having to search for things that belong together in the same table, line by line. It would save me time, a precious commodity for all of us.

Thanks! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508

Last edited by Potteraholic on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Post titles need to be at least 10 characters long on this forum.

Post  Potteraholic Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Yesterday, I posted a thread entitled 'Inferi' but when I first tried to send it, I got a message saying that post titles needed to be at least 10 characters long. Since I didn't know what else to call the 'Inferi' thread, I tried adding spaces to the end of the word... and it worked! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508 A space is a character after all, albeit a boring one. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 464751818

Lady A, I noticed you reposted a thread called 'Cave' today and added 'Sea' to make it 10 characters. You could add spaces at the end, and then you wouldn't need 'Sea'.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks PAH! I will try that.

It was odd getting that message about the number of characters - why does it matter how long a thread title is?

edited to add

It worked!
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty A few more posted.

Post  John Bumbledore Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:27 am

I've updated [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with ...

John's Reposting Update #3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (21 threads)
JB ~ JKR's interview on "60 Minutes" ~ Y [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ( threads)
JB ~ 1st Movie - HP and the Sorcerer's or Philosopher's Stone - Discussion ~ Y

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JB ~ Vote Folder Guidelines ~ Y
JB ~ Poll/Result Discussions ~ Y

PAH, I included Underlined links to my update post and to the first of your tables.

The section titles above are links to those archive forums.
John Bumbledore
John Bumbledore
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

http://HPLF-work.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Thanks, John :-)

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:43 am

Thanks, John. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508 Your original update post has all the new s. Re: putting a link to table 1 in your previous post, I have that page bookmarked and open it as a new window when I update, so I'm all set in terms of accessing that particular page quickly. Thanks for the section titles that are links to the archive forums you reposted your threads in, but I don't really need to look them up to update the table. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1242326132 Am I supposed to?

as of now 178/578 threads reposted! cheers Almost 31%! bounce bounce

EDIT: YAY, LA! Weird about that space thing, tho'. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1242326132 Strange rule to have.

Also, my offer still stands for sending me more threads to repost... to anyone. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Elanor Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Hello all! Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2222139670

I've reposted 11 more threads. So sorry about some threads being posted twice! Actually I was sure I had checked the lists before posting. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1242326132 Maybe did we repost at about the same time? Or maybe I checked before the table was updated. Or maybe it's just the tiredness of the end of the school year that confuses my brain (which is very well possible!) Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2281877974.

Anyways, my apologies again! Feel free to delete whatever thread/post that should not be where I posted them. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1437562208

I have updated my list PaH (and sorted the threads by folder in it).
Elanor
Elanor
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty Thanks, Elanor.

Post  Potteraholic Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:14 pm

I will update the tables now. Thanks for grouping the threads by category.

Re: deleting duplicated threads, I am going to leave that to the folks who reposted the threads to work out amongst themselves. Or the duplicated threads can stay... the more the merrier, I suppose.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 Empty More Updates

Post  Lady Arabella Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:35 pm

PAH, I have updated my list [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

As far as the duplicates go, it doesn't much matter to me whether they get deleted or stay (not helpful, I know Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 2752390508 ). The original two folders of "Condensed Archived Threads" and "Archived Threads to be Worked into Group Folder" were already duplicates anyway.

And rather than checking the table (sorry, PAH), I find it's easier just to look in the folder to see what's there. Efforts to Archive WX Threads - Page 11 1437562208
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next