HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed)

5 posters

Go down

What do you hope Pottermore is?

What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Vote_lcap75%What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]
What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Vote_lcap25%What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Vote_lcap0%What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Vote_lcap0%What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Empty What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed)

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:24 am

With the immiment announcement of the mysterious Pottermore project, I thought this would be a good time to start a poll on what people hope it will be. This poll is set to run for only five days, as there is such a short time until we find out what this will all be about.

We know it's not going to be HP8 or the new adventures of Albus Severus or anything like that, so I've listed what seem to be the top choices. Of course, it could be something totally different. Anyway, vote away! What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) 2752390508
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Empty Re: What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed)

Post  azi Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 am

I went with the encyclopaedia in book form. If it is that, I hope it's not like the Lexicon's because we've got a perfectly good encyclopaedia source there anyway! I would expect lots of new tidbits of information and maybe even things on characters we never actually met in the books. The sort of little details that made the books so good in the first place. What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) 2752390508
azi
azi
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Empty Re: What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed)

Post  Madam Pince Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:12 am

Well, what I HOPE it would be and what I THINK it will be are two vastly different things... LOL. I am, of course, always hoping for a new HP book, even her so-called "encyclopedia" (which I personally think she never had any intention of doing originally but just threw that out there to try to strengthen her case against Lexicon Steve... hmph.) But all the announcements say it's not a new book. I can't imagine that you'd need a whole website to just announce the arrival of HP stuff on e-books -- that's just a press release, you shouldn't need a website just for that.

Sooo... what I THINK it will be is something along the lines of an online role-playing game... or actually that she will move all the HP-stuff (including the fun games like the Easter Eggs and the Wizard of the Month and such) off of her JKR site, and keep her JKR site reserved for more serious scholarly announcements of her upcoming non-HP projects and such...
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

What do you hope Pottermore is? (poll is closed) Empty Just watched Jo explain what Pottermore is...

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 am

Sounds cool! I think the designers of the 'Tale of the Three Brothers' section of the movie may have had a hand in designing some of the effects on her video.
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Solitaire Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:22 am

Madam Pince, I tend to agree with you (as my post on the chat thread shows). I'm also wondering if there may be a place to showcase fanfic and fanart? The comment on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] page, which says something about showcasing "their Potter-related creativity," makes me think that could also be a possibility.

It also sounds like Jo wants to retain a little more control over the whole HP franchise and who can benefit from it. I can't really blame her ... he is, after all, her creation.
Solitaire
Solitaire
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Madam Pince Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:58 pm

She's definitely all about control -- no doubt about that.
Madam Pince
Madam Pince
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down