HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive of Five Words Stories

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III Index

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:18 am

This page contains a list with links to all the stories written in Volume III.

Five Words Stories - Volume III

• Click on Story #25 (9 July 2006) for "Honking Daffodil Pie"

• Click on Story #26 (12 July 2006) for "The Christmas Party"

• Click on Story #27 (19 July 2006) for "The Most Evil Source of Evil"

• Click on Story #28 (28 July and 9 August 2006) for "The Super Top Secret Invention" (Note: two alternate endings were written for this story.)

• Click on Incomplete Story #28.5 for "The Story that Wasn't" (This was the start of the new Story #29 that was lost when World Crossing experienced server problems. It was never finished and the posts were no longer a part of this thread; however the portion here was the part saved on a personal computer.)

• Click on Story #29 (19 August 2006) for "All in a Day's Work"

• Click on Story #30 (26 August 2006) for "The Porlock"

• Click on Story #31 (3 September 2006) for "Professor Snape’s Dueling Lesson"

• Click on Story #32 (10 September 2006) for "Luna’s Helping Hand"

• Click on Story #33 (15 September 2006) for "The Phoenix Feathers"

• Click on Story #34 (25 September 2006) for "The Mystery of the Owl with a Lime Green Beak"

• Click on Story #35 (7 October 2006) for "The Storytellers"

• Click on Story #36 (11 October 2006) for "Hogwarts Hullabaloo", One Year Anniversary Special!

• Click on Story #37 (15 October 2006) for "Tax Forms, or, the Giant Chicken in the Road"

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #25

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:36 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Jul 9, 2006 8:14 pm (#206 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Honking Daffodil Pie"

Mrs. Figg stepped out into the morning sun, Mr. Tibbles running around her legs. She muttered, “Keep a sharp eye out for that Mundungus Fletcher. He’s been trying to steal my handbook on Kneazle breeding.” She shivered and drew her sweater around herself.

Crack! Mrs. Weasley appeared from the air. “Where’s Harry? He needs to come with me urgently.”

Mrs. Figg blinked, “Probably in his room. What’s going on?” Molly didn’t reply. She rushed past, almost tripping over a cat. At Magnolia Crescent, she stopped, looked around, and then continued to look for Privet Drive. She shuffled down the road until she found 4 Privet Drive. She hesitated nervously before she wondered what the doorbell was for. She pressed it and squealed when it made a ringing sound. She looked inside the window and saw Petunia peering out to see what the racket was. Mrs. Dursley went pale, remembering Mrs. Weasley from the train station. She didn’t want to answer but stood there looking terrified. Next she ran to get Vernon.

Meanwhile, Harry answered the door. He was surprised to see Mrs. Weasley there. He let her in. “What are you doing here? I thought you were on holiday.”

“We were. Oh, Harry!” Mrs. Weasley said. “I have some news for you. I’m afraid that something dreadful has happened to Hermione and Ginny. They went to Stoatshead Hill, looking for honking daffodils to make a honking daffodil pie for Percy. He seems to have found out about their plan to feed him this stuff. He got really upset and hit them with a few curses and then signed an order to have them tried by Wizengamot. It’s getting nasty over at the Ministry and I couldn’t stop them, so I asked to see the girls, but then—”

“Calm down, Mrs. Weasley. Everything is going to be fine. Where are they?”

“Awaiting the result of the trial at the Ministry. Umbridge got wind of what happened, and is in her glory.”

“Umbridge? Oh, no! Let’s go.” Harry quickly grabbed a jacket, put his wand in his back pocket, and rushed out, Mrs. Weasley holding his hand tightly. They Disapparated to the Ministry. Mrs. Weasley led him to the lifts which went down to the courtrooms. Why Harry did not know, but he must try to help, or something would go wrong. He breathed deeply before entering the double doors. Ginny was nearest to him, her face determined. Hermione was fidgeting nervously. They both looked as Harry strode towards them, showing authority. He glared at Percy and continued towards the front of the room. The ugly toad-face that was Umbridge appeared in front of him, blocking the aisle. Her acid smile showed that she was enjoying torturing Harry once again.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Potter!” she said sweetly. “Come to see your friends get what they deserve? They shall soon be in Azkaban serving lengthy sentences for their crime!”

“What crime? It was not a crime anyway! All they did—”

“—was try to destroy a rare species of flowers for the evil purpose of poisoning Muggles!” Umbridge grinned.

“But Percy isn’t a Muggle!” Harry countered. “He’s a wizard.”

“Mr. Potter, do you remember what you were last year? A liar. These girls weren’t making anything for Percy! They actually intended this pie for Muggles, and they’re liars just like YOU! A quill which you know well engraved that signed confession.”

“Signed confession? What? You’re talking dragon dung! You…”

“It’s true, Harry,” spoke Ginny. “We were making the pie in order to hurt filthy Muggles.”

“I HATE MUGGLES!” Hermione announced.

“What?! Your parents are Muggles! You’re Muggle-born!” exclaimed Harry.

“Oh, please, I disowned them ages ago. I never visit. Why should I? They’re dirty, a disgrace to the world.”

Harry noticed that Hermione and Ginny both looked oddly vacant. Molly’s tone was smoldering: “What on earth are you talking about, Ginny, Hermione? I think someone is interfering with you!”

“How dare you, woman?” spat Umbridge. “You dare accuse Ministry officials of tampering with these witnesses in a trial?”

When Molly heard this, she stormed over to Percy and raged, “She is your sister, for goodness’ sakes! Have you no heart?”

“She wanted to poison me! Mother, believe me!” But Molly had had enough of Percy. She turned next to Umbridge and slapped her hard.

Staggering slightly, Umbridge appeared dazed as Ginny and Hermione both shook uncontrollably, before collapsing onto the floor. Harry and Molly darted to their side. The girls looked confused, as if they had been Confunded! Hermione spoke immediately. “Her.” She pointed at Umbridge, with an accusatory finger. Dolores arranged her face in an innocent manner, but it didn’t fool Harry or Molly.

“Seize her!” cried Harry. “Unforgivable curses are illegal! She used ‘Imperio’ on these two and deserve to be in Azkaban!” Aurors looked around uncertainly, unsure whether to follow Harry’s orders.

Hermione founder her voice. “True, she deserves Azkaban. She’s just evil.”

On these words Scrimgeour entered the courtroom. “I understand the Imperius Curse has been used by my own employees!”

“Yes it has!” said Harry.

Umbridge smiled sweetly and said, “Minister, how can you believe a compulsive liar against a longtime friend and colleague like myself?! I have always been there, when—”

“Oh, shut up,” spat Ginny, her eyes flashing with anger. “Even Scrimgeour doesn’t believe you. This time you are done for.” And with that, the Aurors closed in, spelling chains to bind Umbridge, obscuring her from view.

Molly hugged the girls and Harry. They were relieved that no harm befell them. Suddenly, Percy came sheepishly forward. “I didn’t know that Dolores was such a horrible person. I am so stupid to have believed her. Are you all still willing to forgive me?” He looked at his mother. She smiled. “Oh, Percy, why don’t you come home? We know you’d come around. Let’s go home, where you belong!”

Percy smiled. “But Mother, I have to have my honking daffodil pie!”

* Five Words – Volume 3 Index * 

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #25 stats

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:39 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Jul 9, 2006 8:18 pm (#207 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 25
ordered by first contribution to the story

User
# of Submissions
  Snuffles   13
  Phelim Mcintyre   5
  azi   38
  Mrs Brisbee   1
  Puck   33
  Julie Aronson   2
  Finn BV   40
  geauxtigers!   10
  Good Evans   26
  Emily   6
  virginiaelizabeth2   12
  Mediwitch   3
  Tazzygirl   8
  haymoni   1
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 198

Total Words: 990
Last Submission Date: #198, July 9, 2006, 12:48 P.M. (Finn BV)

Total Time to Create Story: 1 day, 11 hours, 48 minutes.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #25 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:41 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:53 pm (#2913 of 2977) [Edited Dec 27, 2010 7 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #25, Volume III,
Potty Five Words: "Honking Daffodil Pie"

This story was written from July 8, 2006 to July 9, 2006. Fourteen writers contributed to the story, which is 990 words long. Five of the fourteen writers posted feedback.

- Good Evans, Jul 9, 2006 8:24 pm: I enjoyed that one Finn, but it is time for me to go now anyway, well done and look forward to joining in tomorrow !! 

- Tazzygirl, Jul 9, 2006 8:25 pm: Just finished reading it all the way through. I liked this story! Great job everyone! 

- virginiaelizabeth2, Jul 9, 2006 8:51 pm: Wow! I'm amazed at how well this story flowed! It really made sense! It was a great story, especially since Umbridge got what she deserved!! 

- Mediwitch, Jul 10, 2006 1:49 am: Holy Cow! That was some posting spree!! Good job bringing Percy back into the fold AND giving Umbridge her just desserts. 

- Snuffles, Jul 10, 2006 7:35 am: Hee hee I enjoyed that short but sweet story. 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #26

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:45 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Jul 12, 2006 9:25 pm (#569 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Christmas Party"

The invitation to Madam Rosmerta’s Christmas party had arrived on December 20th, giving Aberforth little time to prepare himself for what he hoped would be a profitable and productive evening. He even stopped wiping that dirty glass, to shower and change into his best suit. Fortunately, the Hogs Head wasn’t very busy tonight, so he could clean it up and close early. Aberforth thought he would go to the party, and finally profess his love for Madam Rosmerta, but he knew that would be difficult. He’d chickened out several times before. Glancing one last time at his empty pub, he strode quickly at the door and headed down the High Street.

He whistled a holiday tune. The night air felt cold, crisp, and refreshing. He was in excellent spirits until he noticed Snape coming towards him. Aberforth ducked into an alleyway, hardly daring to breathe. Severus passed by quickly, mumbling. He knew that, if Snape saw him, he was in for it. (Snape wasn’t invited after last year’s mistletoe incident.) Aberforth watched as Snape disappeared before he hurried into the Three Broomsticks.

The welcoming light and atmosphere was cheery as he felt the warmth and heard Christmas carols sung by a trio of goblins. He entered the back room, where three broomsticks, true to the name, were hung on the wall. A young witch removed one and began a conga line. The brooms came to life and began dancing to the tune. The Christmas revelers all joined in, dancing with their partners.

Aberforth looked around for Madam Rosmerta but the only person he saw was Snape who had skulked in through the side door. Snape looked around before joining the conga line. He was surprisingly graceful. Aberforth sniggered about what Snape did last year. Happy memories. Upon seeing the buffet table, he thought he would like to try the delicious looking double chocolate gateaux with chocolate wands on the top. As he approached it, he heard whispering from under the table. He glanced down to see Madam Rosmerta and Remus Lupin sniggering as they prepared a Whoopie cushion to go under Snape’s chair. “This’ll teach him for dumping me!” she sneered. “The cheek to invade my party as if nothing has happened!”

A loud song began, and Snape started dancing with a pretty pink flower in his hair. Rosmerta snarled at the attention he was attracting. Meanwhile, the chocolate gateaux which Aberforth had had a piece of turned into frogspawn jelly. Remus chuckled at the look on his face as he tried not to gag. Meanwhile, he was headed towards the large Christmas tree.

Behind him, Rosmerta yelled a warning at Aberforth not to move. A flash of light shot through the pub from her wand and hit Snape squarely in the chest. He fell with a loud thud. His attire was now a frilly dress and a lovely pair of pink Stiletto heels. His hair had turned blond, and he had stellar streaks of magenta running through it. The room burst into laughter as Snape saw his reflection in a mirror and looked horrified, so he ran as fast as he could to the door. The pub watched in amusement as he stumbled in his high heels and slipped on the ice. Splat! Snape landed in a puddle of slush. He wept openly at the muck covering his beautiful pink frilly dress, but he didn’t have a hanky. This just made everyone laugh even harder.

Suddenly, a snowball flew from nowhere and hit the back of Snape’s head. He drew his wand rapidly. Curses and snowballs flew everywhere! Everyone from the party joined in the mayhem. Aberforth saw Rosmerta duck a snowball, only to be hit on the legs by Severus’ high heels. Apparently, shoes were now weapons. Stilettos made very good weapons, but Hagrid’s boots did the best job. A large witch had her hat crushed when a boot fell on it, and inside, it contained a special set of diamond gobstones. They were to be a Christmas gift for her husband. Unfortunately, they were crushed into dust by a Stunning spell.

Meanwhile, a very confused looking Aberforth scratched his head before ducking once more to avoid breaking glass. He scuttled back inside the Three Broomsticks. A ball of frozen slush hit his ear. He yelped, but kept walking. He sat on a chair by the fire. His mind was racing. Why had everything gone mad? This didn’t make sense. At least, the fight outside didn’t appear to be worsening. Albus was always the one to work out what was going on, but he was away on some business. Obviously, it would be hard to break any spell on these people by himself, so he must find some sane people to help.

Minerva McGonagall sat marking essays in her office. She was looking forward to a nice hot chocolate after this evening’s events. The whole school that had stayed for a relaxing evening had turned up for a quiet but highly entertaining night of chess.

Aberforth barely glanced at the students as he strode through the Great Hall. “Hallooo…?” he called out loudly. “Anybody home?”

McGonagall glanced up, her eyes narrowing as she watched Aberforth approaching on the Marauder’s Map. “What on earth is he doing here?” She opened her office door to greet Aberforth.

“Minerva! We need your help sorting out a little thing.”

“Aberforth!” exclaimed McGonagall. “What kind of thing?” Her eyebrows raised.

“We have a rather… violent scene occurring at Madam Rosmerta’s, which I feel might endanger some Order members. A complex charm inducing random violence using food or drink to hide a potion causing temporary insanity has been used, but I don’t know how to stop it, and I need your help! You are powerful enough to detect the source of the mischief and teach the culprits that it’s not very clever or nice to use magic in that way.”

Minerva rose from her seat and straightened her hat before saying. “Perhaps it would be advisable to get Professor Flitwick’s help in this matter before deciding how to… er… tackle this problem. It may be necessary to use considerable force in order to end the magic. Aurors should also be contacted immediately if the trouble doesn’t cease. Now, onto the Three Broomsticks!”

They hurried out of Hogwarts and into the brisk night. Flashes and yells could still be heard. Minerva braced herself for the situation she was about to face. Her wand was currently inside a pocket of her dark emerald green robes.

Professor Flitwick closed the castle as a precaution before heading down the path to join the others. Snow could still be seen, sprinkled over the road, shining in the moonlight. Professor Flitwick performed the Impervius Charm on the trio, so the snowballs would not hit them. Cornelius Fudge skipped past in a hurry, chased by a number of owls pecking at his bowler hat. Behind him stood Remus Lupin wearing an amused smile, his robes covered in slush.

Aberforth ushered Minerva and Flitwick towards the Three Broomsticks, and Remus followed. Inside, the pub was a chaotic sight with Rosmerta lying on the floor covered in hexes. Her eyes were glazed and her skin was pale. Flitwick quickly performed a healing charm. Slowly, Rosmerta came to. “Quick, you must save my antique goblets! My great-grandmother bought them in Brazil. They are very rare and expensive!”

“We will sort the goblets out after the more important issue of stopping this fight!” Flitwick shot his wand in the general direction of the uproar. “Arretios!” he cried. Immediately the mead barrels which had fallen over during the fight upended themselves, encasing the brawlers, so everyone went quiet. They were unable to move at the time.

Flitwick lowered his wand and looked over at Snape, still in a pink dress. “Severus,” he said, “What were you thinking? Pink does not suit you! It washes you out entirely. Perhaps another color? Maybe a nice teal?”

Snape merely scowled malevolently at Flitwick, before saying, “I quite think you’ve done enough for one night!”

With that he turned to leave, giving Flitwick a truly horrible look on his face. Flitwick shrugged and followed him.

Then Aberforth yelled, “Hey, Rosmerta, will you marry me or him? Make a choice!”

“What?” said Madam Rosmerta. She had no idea he was in love with her. “I… erm, I guess… maybe… I shouldn’t have said anything to anyone about being a spinster!”

“Aberforth!” shouted McGonagall. “What has gotten into you? How could you suggest such a thing!” Without warning, Aberforth dashed toward the bar, knocking people over, right and left. He dived for a bottle of Firewhiskey, and then for Rosmerta.

“But we’re made for each other! Don’t you see?”

“Well, Aberforth, I really don’t. To me, you’re like another man. I really love the way you keep such a close watch over the pub… Oh. Wait. I love Professor Flitwick. He can do all the charms I need. Plus, being so small, I can just put him on the top of the cupboard when I don’t want him around!”

Professor Flitwick turned a lovely shade of crimson. “Well, I’m… I’m very… in need of a bathroom visit!” with that, he disappeared around the corner, leaving the group flabbergasted!

Professor McGonagall was the first to speak. “It seems things here are worse than we first thought.” A white flash erupted from the bathroom, and Flitwick shot out through the door, slamming heavily into the bar, before sliding slowly down to Professor McGonagall’s feet. “Enough is enough!” she cried. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Fred and George Weasley laughing. “You two should be at Hogwarts!”

“But we’re not students anymore! We just came by to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.”

“Do not tell me it was you two who caused all this mayhem?” McGonagall raised her wand. The twins kissed their wand tips and grinned.

“You can find these spells in a lovely book that we are selling at our wonderful little joke shop.” Fred said. “You can find it in our new Hogsmeade location, and in Diagon Alley! George, I think that is all the business we have here! Let’s get going!” and they Disapparated with a pop! back to Diagon Alley, leaving the crowd looking quite surprised.

Hagrid soon began to chuckle. McGonagall glared at him before leaving the confused crowd behind. She hollered over her shoulder, “Merry Christmas, one and all!” It had been quite a night!

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #26 stats

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:46 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Jul 12, 2006 9:27 pm (#571 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 26

User
# of Submissions
  Finn BV   18
  virginiaelizabeth2   26
  Mediwitch   19
  geauxtigers!   32
  Tazzygirl   34
  Puck   36
  Snuffles   58
  Phelim Mcintyre   12
  azi   62
  Good Evans   2
  Julie Aronson   16
  Regan of Gong   35
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 351

Total Words: 1755
Last Submission Date: #562, July 12, 2006, 12:45 P.M. (geauxtigers!)
Total Time to Create Story: 2 days, 19 hours, 38 minutes.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #26 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:50 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:53 pm (#2914 of 2977) [Edited Dec 27, 2010 8 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #26, Volume III,
Potty Five Words: "The Christmas Party

"

This story was written from July 9, 2006 to July 12, 2006. Twelve writers contributed to the story, which is 1,755 words long. Six of the twelve writers posted feedback, as well as one non-participant.

- Finn BV, Jul 12, 2006 9:32 pm: This was an interesting story. Not incredible, but it was enjoyable.
EDIT: Okay. And, this is the best line in the history of story-writing: “Well, Aberforth, I really don’t. To me, you’re like another man. I really love the way you keep such a close watch over the pub… Oh. Wait. I love Professor Flitwick. He can do all the charms I need. Plus, being so small, I can just put him on the top of the cupboard when I don’t want him around!” It's so sappy! azi will love it!

- Regan of Gong, Jul 13, 2006 12:37 am: Yeah, we needed some major work on tense. We seemed to be switching from past to present tense in a few sentences back there. 

Yeah, it was a fun story, Finn. That's the one I've been most involved in, had a couple of sprees with azi, Julie and geauxtigers. Lots of fun. 

Just a quick question, are we following fanfic rules like on Mugglenet, where Americanisms are discouraged. Just noticed the use of "hollered" in one of the last paragraphs, which seems to be quite uncommon outside of America in my humble experience/opinion. It hasn't been seen in the HP books from any time I can remember. 

- Finn BV, Jul 13, 2006 1:07 am: Regan, we don't really have any specific guidelines towards which English to use, though most of the time we try to stick to UK English. We have changed words like 'elevators' to 'lifts' in the past, though the spelling of words - e.g. 'color'/'colour' – is usually kept to American English as Tazzy and I are so used to it. But complete word changes are usually in order. Since 'hollered' was so near the end of the story, nobody pointed it out, but if something is not really within the standards of Potter-English, then please let us know and we'll try to replace it! For the most part, though, it doesn't really matter. Just as long as Harry doesn't start speaking with "gonna’s and "ain't’s. 

- Tazzygirl, Jul 13, 2006 1:16 am: I didn't even think to stick with Potter-English! **Mental note not to use 'hollered' in future stories (I didn't even know that was an Americanized word... ). 

(Nine posts followed this one about the use of the word ‘hollered’ in the UK and how/why ‘u’ was left out in American English in words like ‘color’ and ‘flavor’.

)

- Snuffles, Jul 13, 2006 7:46 am: I quite liked that story, though at times I did wonder where it would end up!! 

I use British English but reading American English doesn't bother me at all and I have used the word hollered!! 

I find myself saying 'guys' more than I used to and 'darn'. I'm being brainwashed. 

- Phelim Mcintyre, Jul 13, 2006 8:24 am: Us Brits used holler, and color is actually the proper way of spelling the word. We started putting a u into colour and other words to seem educated when we were pally with the French however many years ago (Georgian I think but after the American war of Independence). 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #27

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:19 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Jul 19, 2006 4:44 pm (#938 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Most Evil Source of Evil"

Once upon a time, there existed an unimaginable force of power, which was used to prevent dark witches and wizards from entering a previously unknown lair, containing the most evil source of evil known to the magical world. Only those pure of heart could access it, as a force unknown to all but a few existed in the shrubberies of the kingdom, requiring a herring to unleash the unspeakable evil held captive within the place.

Fortunately, the only herring in the realm was heavily guarded by ten trolls and a battalion of Hufflepuffs. It was safe as safe could be… or so they thought.

Goyle and Crabbe were planning a Death Nibblers tea party, when there came a thunderous crack. Lord Voldemort always liked to make an entrance. “Surprise!” Voldemort cried, as Crabbe leapt back onto the plate of sausage rolls. They flew into the bowl of punch, splattering on the robes of those nearest. Lord Voldemort was not pleased. “This is my favorite robe! I always wear pitch black on a weekday, and my other clothing is midnight black!”

Close to tears, Voldemort aimed a curse at him. He struck Crabbe in the chest, causing him to tumble onto Goyle’s knee, where he just lay, whimpering. Voldemort stormed away, throwing down his paper plate and scattering breadsticks everywhere. Draco gave a loud ‘tut.’

Voldemort spun round and said, “What do you think you’re doing, you ugly ferret! Never laugh at Lord Moldvart… I mean Lord Voldemort!” He tossed a “Crucio,” but missed and hit a teapot, which exploded. The pieces flew across the room, landing in the skin of various trifles. Draco was most displeased. It was his favorite dessert.

He shot a jelly-legs hex at Goyle, who at once fell face first into the chocolate pudding. Draco laughed and immediately regretted it as Voldemort pointed his wand at him. There was a flash of blue. The room filled with orange smoke and singing canaries. Birds being birds, they did some flying around, leaving droppings in everyone’s hair and flying into the windows.

Crabbe sat upon the herring. It gave out a squelching noise and mysteriously uttered some words: “The evil… will return soon…”

Voldemort stopped what he was doing and turned to look at the herring. “What did you just say?”

The herring spoke again, weaker. “Shrubberies — seek out the shrubberies. They— eek— Hufflepuffs.” But suddenly the herring died.

Voldemort yanked Crabbe and shouted, “What have you done?! Stupid boy – I have searched for the Herring of Evil Power for years! You have no idea what lengths I have gone through!” Voldemort let out an exasperated sigh, and said, “Hufflepuffs… what did he mean by Hufflepuffs! Crabbe, Goyle! Bring me a Hufflepuff!”

Crabbe and Goyle glanced at each other. “Uh… there’s that one kid in our Herbology class—”

“—until we dropped it because we were too dumb to figure out how to prune fizzing water turnips. Let’s think. Hmm… there’s Hannah Abbott—”

“I don’t care who! Just get them already! We can’t waste any more time!” Voldemort yelled. “I haven’t got time for you idiots!” He left in a hurry, leaving Crabbe, Goyle, and Malfoy to ponder what a talking herring had to do with their mission.

Ernie MacMillan was patrolling the corridors trying to catch students snogging in empty classrooms. Malfoy mouthed to Crabbe and Goyle, “Hey! Get going already! You two are going to ruin everything!”

Not wanting that, they took off after Ernie at once. “MacMillan,” Goyle called. “We need to talk to you.”

“Uh…” Ernie looked around nervously. “What for?”

Crabbe and Goyle glanced at each other. Quickly, Crabbe lunged forward to grab Ernie while Goyle covered his eyes. Ernie yelled loudly and almost broke free of Crabbe’s grip. Unfortunately, Ernie slipped on a banana peel and Crabbe grabbed him more firmly.

“Gotcha now!”

They brought Ernie to Lord Voldemort, who was waiting and nibbling a sausage roll nervously. “Well? Who did you bring? Certainly not the fat pudgy kid?” Ernie began to sniffle. “My mum says that… that…” For once, Ernie had been told the truth by his mother.

Voldemort immediately asked, “Where is the shrubbery? Answer me!” His face was inches from Ernie’s, which had begun to perspire.

“I… uh… I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Ernie glanced anywhere but Voldemort’s face, mostly because he knew that Voldemort could perform Occlumency, but also because the slits Voldemort had for nostrils were flaring in a steady pattern, and a residue from his sausage roll was being spat all over his somewhat soggy “pitch black” robe.

“Fool of a MacMillan! Never lie to Lord Moldywart— Voldemort! I know you Hippopuphs… Hufflegryphs… Haffle —”

“Hufflepuff, sir?” Draco supplied.

“I don’t need your help,” snarled Voldemort. “Now MacMillan. Reveal the location of the shrubbery!”

“With or without topiary?” Ernie asked. “The Shrubbery of Incredible Evil or Unimaginable Terror?”

“Surely there is only one shrubbery?!”

Ernie thought for a moment. “As Hufflepuffs excel at Herbology, I think I should know!” he said. “But right now it is important you decide if it’s a male or female shrubbery, as this will determine the evilness of it.”

“Well, obviously, I want the thing to be female as they are the most evil!”

“Well, I think…” stuttered Ernie.

“Get on with it, boy!” shouted Voldemort. “I haven’t got all day!”

“Okay, this one time, when I was walking through Greenhouse Three, this shrubbery was right there, so I tried to trim it, and… it bit me!” he finished.

Voldemort snarled. “And the point is?” he asked rudely. “Biting shrubs are common, you nitwit!”

“Umm… right… yes… well…” said Ernie.

“This idiot is useless,” snarled Voldemort. “But there’s more Hufflepuffs! I’m sure of it!”

With that, Voldemort stormed out, zapping shrubs indiscriminately and mumbling incoherently.

Ernie looked flustered and burst into tears before running all the way back to Hufflepuff’s common room. “You-Know-Who is horrible! He says my Herbology skills aren’t worth dirt! Face like a disgusting snake, he has! Filthy, slimy git!” Ernie spat.

His friends looked astonished. “You-Know-Who is here? At Hogwarts?” asked Hannah Abbott, incredulously. Ernie nodded. He was slowly realizing that having the worst wizard so near wasn’t an ideal situation to have been in.

“Yeah. And he’s after Hufflepuffs so constant vigilance is required. He knows about the herring. Do not reveal its location or we are all in great danger!” Hannah looked around the room. Zach Smith sat in a corner, looking grumpy.

“How are we supposed to stop him? We’re only Hufflepuffs in our seventh year!”

Ernie snorted. “So? That doesn’t mean we’re powerless. We stand together as a battalion. Now, let’s toast marshmallows and think of the days before Voldemort appeared!”

Meanwhile, Voldemort was pondering what would be the best way to extract essence of evil from a dead, red herring. Naturally, he was confused. Where were these shrubberies? Trolls were guarding them. Trolls! “That’s it! The trolls are the key! Trolls are only found in mountainous areas, such as in the Highlands!” And Voldemort Disapparated, arriving outside of Hogsmeade. He then turned North, in search of caves, which trolls love to hide in. He walked for at least an hour, but eventually heard the tell-tale cry of an Augurey, signaling that rain was coming. This prompted Voldemort to make shelter.

As luck would have it, he’d wandered into the realm of dryness. Rain could not fall on this place, since trolls refuse to shower. They often use their unbearable stench to kill their prey.

Voldemort knew this, however, and prepared himself by casting a bubble-head charm. Suddenly, a very large and smelly troll stepped out from behind a giant shrub and called out, “Who d’ere?” Heavy footsteps thundered from somewhere close, and Voldemort began to giggle with excitement. Trolls near a shrubbery! he thought. This is it!

He was staring so intently at the troll he didn’t see a figure creep up behind him. “Surprise!”

“Ahh!” Voldemort screamed. He spun round and cursed the creature. He gasped when he realized that it was his last hope of reaching the object of his desire. Nagini was lying on the ground cowering. She realized now that surprising Voldemort was not the best idea.

“Slimy dimwit!” hissed Nagini.

Voldemort laughed in her face. “You can’t possibly mean that. I, who has given you part of my soul! Find me the herring, Nagini, and perhaps I won’t punish you too severely,” he said.

Nagini glared, and started to follow the scent of a herring. “Perhaps,” she thought, “if I find any old herring, Master won’t know the difference. He’s oblivious to details. Perhaps I could steal a troll’s club and whack Tommy over the head and take his precious wand.” Alas, without hands, there was no way that a snake could wield any sort of wand to do that! She would have to figure out another way. Perhaps if she was to slither up behind some unsuspecting fisherman, and steal his herrings? Suddenly, a sharp pain in her side caused Nagini stop and writhe in pain. She looked up to see her Master standing over her. “I know what you’re thinking!”

“Ssss, actually I was wondering if you were going to try to overpower me. Foolish, I know. Now, do you want to get me that shrubbery or do you want another Crucio?” Nagini quickly slithered off.

An hour later, she was still looking. She almost slithered off a cliff, but her tail grabbed a branch just in time. She slithered back onto safe ground and considered what on earth she was going to do. An evil source of evil? Where would it be? In holly trees? Nagini suddenly sensed the rumble of an opening door. A trapdoor right below her opened and she fell in, falling about fifty feet until she landed with a splat. Dazed, she followed the vibrations, which led her to a magnificent shrubbery, ten trolls, and a battalion of Hufflepuffs. “Wow. I’ve actually found it!”

Approaching quickly, Nagini ate the Hufflepuffs and strangled the trolls. The snake, forgetting Voldemort, advanced to the shrubbery, and ate it. The most evil source of evil disappeared. Nagini was punished by Voldemort and was never seen or heard from again.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #27 stats

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Jul 19, 2006 4:49 pm (#940 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 27

User
# of Submissions
  azi   60
  smurf   19
  Snuffles   25
  Phelim Mcintyre   13
  Regan of Gong   28
  Puck   56
  geauxtigers!   19
  virginiaelizabeth2   21
  Tazzygirl   29
  Finn BV   54
  Mediwitch   5
  Emily   5
  Good Evans   4

Total Submissions: 343
Total Words: 1715
Last Submission Date: #931, July 18, 2006, 8:13 P.M. (virginiaelizabeth2)

Total Time to Create Story: 5 days, 17 hours, 28 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #27 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:53 pm (#2915 of 2977) [Edited Dec 27, 2010 2 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #27, Volume III,
Potty Five Words: "The Most Evil Source of Evil"

This story was written from July 13, 2006 to July 18, 2006. Thirteen writers contributed to the story, which is 1,715 words long. Two of the thirteen writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Jul 19, 2006 4:50 pm: I sorta liked this story. Especially Ernie's story about when he was in the greenhouse. The only problem was that we weren't getting to the point, and the thread was really slow!! But other than that, this one was good.

- Tazzygirl, Jul 19, 2006 6:45 pm : This story made a lot more sense when it was all typed out and together! I had the hardest time trying to figure out exactly what was going on with the shrubbery and stuff. 

Question: Which Hufflepuffs did Nagini eat? 

- Finn BV, Jul 20, 2006 2:26 am: Hehe, I sure hope Nagini ate Zach Smith! What a pain!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #28

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:51 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Aug 9, 2006 10:17 am (#1217 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Due to a malfunction in World Crossing's servers, a number of posts were lost from this thread. Some of those posts included an ending to this story, which we had finished. Because the stories are recorded offline as well, the text and the statistics were not lost entirely. However, instead of just posting the ending to the story as it was already written, we decided here to continue with the story, breaking off after this post, the last common five words shared between the two endings. At the conclusion of this post, you will have the option to choose your own ending, and, thus, the fate of the characters! Two sets of statistics will be posted. 

Potty Five Words: "The Super Top Secret Invention"

Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes was busy this afternoon. “Verity, would you mind showing young Mr. Splatterblock our latest range in our Unforgivable Curses Cloak Shields?” asked Fred brightly. He returned to the back office to put in some finishing touches on their latest invention. It was so top secret, that the twins were afraid to show even Harry the prototype. It currently stood in the cupboard awaiting its debut, which happened to coincide with the National Wizarding Inventors of the Year conference.

The twins had been looking forward to the convention all year long, so they were glad the time had finally arrived. They carefully took the object and placed it inside a packing crate, lined with protective foam and a number of hexes. Fred sealed the box shut. “There. Safe and sound!” he announced.

George was counting their earnings, looking more gleeful as each galleon clunked into the pile. “Forty three galleons and eight knuts! Not to shabby. Ready when you are, Fred! The store is locked, ‘alarm’ is on, and the money is secure.”

The ‘alarm’ was a vicious garden gnome they had taken from the Weasley home. They had bewitched him to run at people’s feet if they entered after hours or smash a window. The gnome had bitten several Death Eaters recently and was so fast, even Crookshanks couldn’t catch him.

The twins left the shop and Apparated to Paris. Dusk was happening, illuminating the Eiffel Tower. “Look! It’s Fleur’s family!” said George.

Fleur’s grandmother was standing near Gabrielle and another family member. Fred’s eyes became wide as saucers. George drooled over Fleur’s grandmother, who looked young enough to be Fleur’s twin sister. She even had the latest in trendy robes.

George whispered, “Isn’t she a hottie?”

“Breathtaking,” replied Fred. Both of them continued to stare until they realized they were almost late for the conference.

“Hey!” shouted George to the group coming towards them, “Would you care to accompany two distinguished inventors to an award ceremony for the most distinguished of all? We’ll be unveiling our all new, top secret shield range, which protects you from- well, we can’t tell you that, yet, but we will if you join us!”

Fleur’s grandmother tossed her silvery hair and said, “We ‘ave never beeen to som-zing like zat before! Why are you inviting us?” She looked at the twins, a sudden realization hitting them both. Shaking their heads, they walked away from Fleur and her grandmother.

“Sorry, Bill.” They mumbled as they considered what would happen because of the mix up. The embarrassment of asking their future in-laws to see their invention was too great for Fred and George to risk revealing that they found an elderly lady attractive.

They walked towards the convention center. The sun beat down on them and they waved to the chairman of the convention as they walked inside. “This way for the top secret entries, please!” The twins followed the voice to a large room. There were several small, round globes sitting in a circular basin on a number of tables surrounded by name cards. Fred took the one with their name and placed it at a table in the corner.

“Is this close enough to the stage, George?” he inquired.

“Probably,” responded George. “Shhh, it’s about to start, you git.”

Placing their invention on the table, the entire convention turned to the remarkable item which was a device created to kill or substantially enervate Dementors seeking innocent people. Fred smirked, he had hoped to get this kind of reaction. People stared in amazement at this amazing craftwork. But before anybody could say or do anything, Fred set off a selection of their famous fireworks, for no apparent reason. The Catherine wheels went off directly over the heads of the crowd, illuminating several different inventions that also been exhibited, but now were escaping the room. George high-fived his brother.

“Gentlemen, please turn your attention this way,” said Fred. The audience turned to face the twins. “Well, we’ve finally made it- the world’s first ever cloak which defends you from Unforgivable Curses. We tested them on ourselves, at great personal risk! But we’re still here!”

George added, “In one piece as well!”

“Yes! These cloaks come in colors and sizes to match your robes or eyes!” Fred announced dramatically. “But wait, there is more! In each cloak there is a specially designed, built-in Death Eater detector, which then whistles when it senses a Dark Mark near.”

“Amazing!” said a nearby witch.

“But wait, Death Eater detector?” cried a tall, young wizard standing next to them. “That’s my invention! I’ve had it under wraps…

Take your pick! Ending A or Ending B

Last edited by Potteraholic on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #28

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:57 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Aug 9, 2006 10:21 am (#1218 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Ending A:

…for the past year! You two snuck into my lab—”

The cloaks all of a sudden started whistling. The crowd began to panic. The man who had accused the twins was a Death Eater! People ran in desperation towards the exits, when George jumped onto a table, wearing the cloak, and sent to the floor with a sickening crash. People kept running, afraid of being hit with a curse, and of other Death Eaters appearing to help their ‘friend’. Fred and George grabbed the man under his arms to show that he was captured. A few seconds later, Aurors appeared from nowhere and were now pointing their wands at the man.

Fred and George handed him over and were given the award for The Best Top Secret Invention Created. Our heroes earned an Order of Merlin, Third Class, and everyone was soon in a long line to order one of their prize-winning shield cloaks.

Here is the link back to the beginning part of the story.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:01 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Aug 9, 2006 10:27 am (#1218 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Ending B:

…ever since I realized what a money-maker it could be!”

“But we researched it thoroughly,” protested George.

“This is patented! I can prove it, look!” The man showed them a document, written in violet ink, as signed by a Ministry official. It stated that a Death Eater detector was the invention of a man named Garrett Plank. “That’s me,” added the man with the parchment. “Now, do you admit to attempting to defraud me by stealing my idea? Or do you want to pay me now?”

“Never!” cried the twins, but the audience was on Plank’s side.

“Garrett! Garrett!” they cheered. Fred and George quickly Apparated away from the convention, arriving, unfortunately, right in the hands of the Head of Magical Law Enforcement.

“You two are in very big trouble. Come with me. Arthur will never believe that his sons could do such a thing!” Fred looked at George before deciding that resistance was futile. They walked back to the offices of the French ministry. Large trolls guarded the building. Upon entering they were taken to the head of security. George was glancing around, looking for an escape route. He noticed a small crack in a ceiling tile. An eye was looking at him.

“Fred, isn’t it going to rain?” asked George.

“I don’t think so-” Fred began, but George stepped on his foot and nudged him, glancing upwards. “But snow is definitely possible,” said Fred as his hidden wand shot upward. A second later, the whole room was covered in white dust, and a large figure lay in front. It was someone they recognized immediately.

“Percy?!” the twins yelled simultaneously. There was a flash and a curse hit George. Percy tried to escape, but Fred stunned him. Percy fell over and did not move. George picked up Percy’s wand and reversed the curse, stopping him from escaping out the door. Fred held onto Percy as he struggled to shake free.

“What are you doing here?!” Percy shouted.

“We were wondering the same about you!” yelled Fred. “Did you have anything to do with this, you pompous git?”

Percy looked down, smirked, and laughed. “You think I’d tell you anything? You two have been causing problems since the day you were born. I have taken the liberty of freeing the wizarding world of two more menaces!”

Percy sneered before reaching into his robes and drawing out a small round object. It started whirring loudly, before a click made everyone jump. Long pieces of spindly legs jumped out, encasing Percy.

“Ha! Our invention,” sneered Fred. “It’s a little secret something of ours.”

Brushing his sleeves down, George continued. “You think you’re so smart with your high Ministry position, and coziness with the toad, but you’re just like everyone else. The Ministry has made you an annoying, arrogant, back-stabbing little twit!” He raised his wand and sent a spell at Percy, causing him to turn into a mongoose. The twins laughed as ‘Mongoose Percy’ attempted to chew a wizard’s wand up. The wand sizzled, and exploded, sending Percy flying across the room. He slumped against the wall, glasses askew.

The sphere which had trapped him now lay dormant on the dust covered floor. Percy was taken away, screaming that it should be the twins in this position. Fred sniggered and turned to George. “Looks like it’s over, mate. Let’s get back to the shop and get some work done. This time, though, we won’t get accused of copying someone else’s secret invention.”

Here is the link back to the beginning part of the story.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #28 stats

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:12 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Aug 9, 2006 10:23 am (#1219 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 28 Ending A

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   25
  Finn BV   25
  virginiaelizabeth2   16
  Regan of Gong   6
  Good Evans   4
  Snuffles   12
  Tazzygirl   30
  smurf   1
  Phelim Mcintyre   4
  azi   36
  haymoni   4
  geauxtigers!   11
  Mediwitch   10
  Nicholas Schouten   1

Total Submissions: 185
Total Words: 925

Last Submission Date: #1130, July 28, 2006, 8:51 P.M. (Finn BV)
Total Time to Create Story: 9 days, 1 hours, 44 minutes.

**please note: There is no link to the last post by Finn BV, because it was permanently deleted in the WX server malfunction**

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #28 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:16 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:53 pm (#2916 of 2977) [Edited Dec 27, 2010 5 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #28, Volume III,
Potty Five Words: "The Super Top Secret Invention".

This is the message posted by Tazzygirl, when this story was first posted on Aug 9, 2006 10:17 am:

Due to a malfunction in World Crossing's servers, a number of posts were lost from this thread. Some of those posts included an ending to this story, which we had finished. Because the stories are recorded offline as well, the text and the statistics were not lost entirely. However, instead of just posting the ending to the story as it was already written, we decided here to continue with the story, breaking off after this post, the last common five words shared between the two endings. At the conclusion of this post, you will have the option to choose your own ending, and, thus, the fate of the characters! Two sets of statistics will be posted.

The story, with Ending A, was written from July 19, 2006 to July 28, 2006. Fourteen writers contributed to this story, which is 925 words long. The story, with Ending B, was written from July 19, 2006 to August 9, 2006. Sixteen writers contributed to this story, which is 1,345 words long. Four of the many writers posted feedback.

- Phelim Mcintyre, Aug 9, 2006 11:28 am: Well done to all those who managed to keep up with the chaos of vanishing posts - especially azi. 

- virginiaelizabeth2, Aug 11, 2006 3:49 am: Ahh so glad to start a new story! I didn't really get the last one....not one ouf our better stories, as it took 20 days to get it finished! Just too much confusion! 

- Mediwitch, Aug 11, 2006 4:00 am: I agree Ginny. I think the big WX mess up threw us off. Ending A was pretty good though.

- Finn BV, Aug 12, 2006 2:13 am: It's good to be back, all. Thanks to Kristina for handling the presentation of the last story so well! 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #28.5

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:20 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Aug 19, 2006 11:02 pm (#1464 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Story That Wasn't"

Note: During the WX server malfunction that deleted a number of posts from this and other threads, the start to Story 29 was lost entirely. It was, however, recorded offline, through the last time that either Finn BV or Tazzygirl posted. There may have been more posts following the conclusion of the story, but that will never be known. The following is short, superb, and special – a snippet from Potty Five Words. No statistics accompany it, because none were taken. Enjoy. 

Cornelius Fudge was sat in the corner of the Hogs Head, mulling over the tragic accident the other day. He had witnessed it with his very own eyes, and had seen Hagrid get hit with a Cleansweep 7 before he slowly fell over into a fast-moving river. Onlookers had— 

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #29

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:22 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Aug 19, 2006 11:03 pm (#1465 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "All in a Day's Work"

Torrential rain was lashing the ship as it slowly made its way out to sea. On board the ship was a delegation of Durmstrang students. They were heading back to Durmstrang school, after a trip to the North Pole. Viktor Krum was piloting, as the former Headmaster had run away at the end of the last term. Teachers were disappearing at an alarming rate, as Voldemort came recruiting.

Viktor had lots of trouble getting himself back to Durmstrang at the end of the year. His parents had not wanted him to take a teaching position. Viktor felt it was his duty. He loved Quidditch, but he felt his future belonged at his school. You couldn’t trust anyone. The Death Eaters were recruiting third years! The death toll kept escalating, which meant a lot of people were too afraid to return.

Lightning flashed around them as the sails were buffeted by the harsh winds and the boat tipped dangerously to starboard. Waves smashed fiercely against the ship. “Hold on!” yelled a young wizard. “The storm is getting really bad out here! We need more help with the rigging!”

Viktor glanced nervously at the ship’s mast. It was swaying dangerously back and forth. Suddenly there was a large gust of wind that caused a loud crack. The crow’s nest had snapped off, falling to the deck and nearly hitting Viktor as he scrambled for shelter. “Quick, we need to join together It’s an army of giants causing the real problem. Wands ready!” The crew gathered together, wands pointed at the tidal wave approaching them. “One, two, three, Arresto Oceanum!” they cried in unison. The wave froze like ice. The students aimed at the frozen wave again and shot Stunning spells through it. For a second, the spells seemed to stall, but then, at last, the wave receded, taking the storm clouds with it, revealing an army of giants.

The giants were led by Hagrid’s uncle Mogg, and his son Bleark. It was a fearsome sight to behold. Viktor had to get by them. “We need to work together to bring them down!” Krum yelled to the crew. The students looked scared, but each nodded as Krum leapt forward, sending a strange curse sailing towards the group of giants. It hit one of them, making him wriggle like a fish before falling over. Then someone sent another curse which made another giant flinch, before he shook it off. The giant urged his group forward, but the students raised their wands and blocked them with simultaneous freezing charms. The giants slowed, but still advanced. Viktor didn’t know what to do.

Suddenly a thought leaped into his mind. Viktor rand down to the main cabin below and grabbed a small bag filled with sweets with a shrinking potion baked inside. Running quickly up the crow’s nest, he withdrew a handful of the sweets. Throwing them into the air, he guided them with his wand toward the giants who looked at them, greedily. The head giant bent down and swallowed them whole. Another giant pushed him aside to grab the small cake which had appeared next to his feet.

At once, the giants began battling amongst each other for it. Krum quickly steered the ship away and tried to escape towards the south. If he could get away quickly, then they wouldn’t be able to catch the ship. A magical whirlpool sucked the boat down into the depths of the ocean. Krum always felt queasy from spinning, and closed his eyes tightly. Slowly, the boat began to move towards a bright light. Viktor steadied himself.

Merpeople swam around them, guiding the ship to the surface. Hogwarts Castle loomed before them. Lights could be seen flickering in windows. Minerva McGonagall was hurrying down the front steps toward them. Krum told the students to stay on board while he spoke to the Headmistress. McGonagall nodded several times while Viktor spoke. The students on board tried to listen, but couldn’t. The wind had picked up, making it impossible to hear, although they could see the warm lights of Hogwarts, flickering on the concerned faces of the teachers waiting for the signal from McGonagall. Among them was a girl with bushy brown hair and an exasperated look on her face.

“Viktor?” said Hermione loudly.

Krum looked up. When he saw her, he beamed. “Herm-oh-ninny!” he said loudly. “Are you all safe? I have been so worried!” He excused himself from Professor McGonagall to run over to Hermione. Ron and Harry shook hands with Viktor but Ron looked annoyed that Hermione had given Viktor a heartfelt hug in front of him. His cheeks burned as Hermione talked earnestly with Krum, though they were unable to tell what they were saying.

McGonagall shouted for all students to disembark the ship. They hurried toward the warmth of the Great Hall. Filch was muttering behind them, carrying his cleaning supplies. “More bloody students to mess my clean floors. Wretched little… Peeves! Stop that, right now!” he yelled. Harry chuckled as Filch tripped over his own supplies of scrubbing rags and old mops. Peeves cackled happily before zooming into the Hall to pour a bucket of ice on Professor Trelawney’s head. McGonagall strode quickly over to Trelawney, who was now cursing her crystal ball. “I can no longer take it- I just want everything to come out right! This dratted poltergeist must go!” Trelawney tried to shoo Peeves, but he wouldn’t budge.
“Wait!” cried Krum. “I have a method that might rid the place of Peeves.” He gestured to Harry, who moved forward and nodded as Viktor spoke.

Ron was frowning. He really didn’t want Viktor to be the hero, he wanted that role instead. Rushing past Krum, Ron pulled a quick move and darted into the front. “I know what to do!” Unfortunately he tripped over his own feet and landed in a heap on the floor. Hermione looked aghast as Ron slowly rose, bright red and wincing. Krum helped him to his feet, making Ron blush even more.

Viktor aimed his wand at the floor. Peeves was below, terrorizing house-elves in the kitchen by throwing treacle tarts around and tipping cauldrons of soup onto the floor. A flash of purple light filled the entire room. Peeves had vanished. The house-elves seemed wary, afraid to move an inch. Krum said, “It’s okay, but we need to hurry up and contain the poltergeist’s spirit before he breaks free from the charm. Herm-oh-ninny, will you come with me please? I think you have just the thing that will get rid of Peeves forever.”

Ron rushed forward again, in his attempt at proving he was better than Krum. Taking out his wand, he produced a yellow smoke, which smelled strongly of rotten eggs.

“Su-sulfur gas?” Harry coughed. “What’s that going to do?”

“It will make the poltergeist turn inside out, won’t it?” Ron said. “At least, that’s what Fred told me.”

“Ron! You know better than to listen to what they say!” Hermione groaned. “Let Viktor finish—”

It was too late. Ron’s gas had cancelled Viktor’s plans. Everyone groaned and Peeves stayed happily in Hogwarts Castle forever.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #29 stats

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:23 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Aug 19, 2006 11:07 pm (#1466 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 29

User
# of Submissions
  azi   46
  Tazzygirl   49
  Good Evans   3
  geauxtigers!   19
  Puck   36
  Mediwitch   18
  Snuffles   25
  Regan of Gong   3
  virginiaelizabeth2   14
  Sconie Girl   4
  haymoni   9
  Finn BV   12

Total Submissions: 238
Total Words: 1190
Last Submission Date: #1460, August 19, 2006, 10:35 A.M. (azi)
Total Time to Create Story: 10 days, 0 hours, 16 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #29 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:31 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:54 pm (#2917 of 2977) [Edited Dec 27, 2010 6 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #29, Volume III,
Potty Five Words: "All in a Day's Work"

This story was written from August 9, 2006 to August 19, 2006. Twelve writers contributed to the story, which is 1,190 words long. Three of the twelve writers posted feedback.

- Puck, Aug 20, 2006 1:05 am: That last story reminded me of an episode of The Simpsons. The beginning had nothing to do with the ending. I liked it though.

- Tazzygirl, Aug 20, 2006 1:47 am: I know, huh, Puck!

- geauxtigers!, Aug 20, 2006 5:50 am: Cool story, I just love Peeves too! He’s one of my favorites!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #30

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Aug 26, 2006 10:34 pm (#1612 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Porlock"

Ginny tapped her foot impatiently, while glancing around to check her surroundings. She was supposed to stay with her mother, but with so many people at the Burrow, she couldn’t keep up with her mother’s company. She wished they’d all leave so the Burrow could return to normal and she could spend some quality time flying with Fred and George, who were teaching her new Quidditch maneuvers. She felt she had done really well, but she still wanted to learn the Wronsky Feint and a quick technique for knocking opponents off course by diving, then pulling quickly around and scoring a goal. It was proving to be a difficult task to do.

Suddenly, she heard a loud noise coming from the shed where they keep their old broomsticks, and other Quidditch supplies. Glancing around quickly, Ginny saw that the door was open, and something was moving inside. Gripping her wand, she moved cautiously forward, making sure nothing was behind her.

The door opened as she reached for it, making her hands shake. Then a slimy hand reached out and wrapped its strong fingers around her wrist. Ginny screamed before remembering that she had her wand. She aimed it with a steady hand and muttered Incendio. The spell hit the creature, who recoiled back into the broom closet with a shriek. Ginny slammed the door shut before running to the house and yelling for Harry.

Footsteps on the stairs made Ginny jump as she was shocked to hear Bill and her dad talking in whispers as they descended. “Dad! Bill! There is something in the broom shed! Come quick!” Mr. Weasley and Bill followed her into the courtyard. In the shed something was shrieking, loudly, while the broom shed burned with an intense blue color. “Hey! Come help me!” she yelled.

Bill and Arthur both took off toward her. Mr. Weasley gripped his wand, and pointing it towards the broom shed, extinguished the blue flames. Bill immediately threw open the door where they saw a shape, hiding.

Two big brown eyes were looking at them. It was a Porlock. Its hooves were singed and it was trying to put out stray sparks. Ginny put them out and apologized for starting the fire. Where had the hand gone?

Before Ginny could mention the hand, the Porlock disappeared and in its place was a slimy green frog. He was exceptionally large, and as they stared in disbelief, he transformed back into the Porlock. He looked at Bill, then at Mr. Weasley, before looking back to Bill. The creature coughed. “Excuse me. The smoke. I’m in need of a drink.” The three stared in amazement. Ginny was the first to recover. She gingerly stepped forward and attempted to pick it up. But instead, it screamed. “What do you think you’re doing here? I was trying to clean this place up and then you come and admire the lack in health and safety that this place has, and then you come along! How terribly rude!”

Ginny opened and closed her mouth several times, speechless. Arthur was the first to speak. “May I ask who you are and why you’re cleaning my broom shed?”

“Yeah!” interjected Ginny.

You’re broom shed?! This is my shed! Why are you intruding, you filthy little brat? I have lived here for years!”

“Now wait just a minute!”

“Stop, stop!” exclaimed Mr. Weasley. “There is no reason for this arguing! We can sort it out. Let’s start with how you came to be here.”

The creature moved forward slowly, cautiously. It eyed Arthur suspiciously and glanced around before finally stepping out of the broom shed. His appearance was still kind of revolting, but he had cuteness about him. He slowly walked towards the Weasleys. It morphed into a great big slimy serpent.

“Quick! Run!” Arthur pushed Ginny towards the house and he started firing off spells as the snake advanced towards them. Ginny grabbed a broom and attempted to toss the snake away, but she missed. Bill wished Charlie was there.

Suddenly, Harry appeared in the doorway and began hissing. The creature held back, as if hypnotized. It seemed startled that Harry knew Parseltongue. The snake recoiled into a submissive heap, its fight gone. The snake vanished and was never seen again.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #30 stats

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:36 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Aug 26, 2006 10:35 pm (#1613 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 30

User
# of Submissions
  Tazzygirl   34
  Emily   3
  Puck   14
  geauxtigers!   21
  virginiaelizabeth2   16
  Snuffles   14
  azi   25
  Mediwitch   10
  Good Evans   3
  Sconie Girl   1
  haymoni   1

Total Submissions: 142

Total Words: 710

Last Submission Date: #1608, August 26, 2006, 1:35 P.M. (azi)
Total Time to Create Story: 6 days, 20 hours, 42 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #30 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:38 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 23, 2010 11:54 pm (#2918 of 2977) [Edited Dec 27, 2010 6 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story 30, Volume III,
Potty Five Words: The Porlock"

This story was written from August 19, 2006 to August 26, 2006. Eleven writers contributed to the story, which is 710 words long. Three of the eleven writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Aug 26, 2006 10:39 pm: This story was weird!! 

- geauxtigers, Aug 26, 2006 10:45 pm: That was an odd story that didn't really have a point! LOL! 

- virginiaelizabeth2, Aug 26, 2006 11:33 pm: That has to be the weirdest story we've ever written! It was much shorter than I thought it was! 
LOL There wasn't really a plot to it. 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #31

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 pm

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Sep 3, 2006 7:11 am (#1809 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Professor Snape’s Dueling Lesson"

Severus Snape stood glaring out in the entrance hall, waiting for the new students to arrive off the train. He wanted to be the first to meet the kids, and hand out punishments if at all possible. He couldn’t wait to catch the new first years. They would all be unaware of his importance to their futures. He would teach them his knowledge, although not everything. The first would be that Slytherins are superior to all other Houses. The second would be that fairness is not on the agenda and highly overrated. A few potions can be used against you – legally – by a teacher. Never accept anything given by a Gryffindor. That should do it. Snape heard a whistle from Hogsmeade Station. The train had pulled in.

“Hogsmeade!” cried the conductor.

The familiar scraping greeted the returning students. The first years headed toward Hagrid, while the older students made their way to the carriages. Back in the castle, Filch was grumbling about what to put on the mud stains that had been ground into the wooden floor of the entry hall. Dumbledore was speaking amicably to Professor Flitwick, while McGonagall arranged the Sorting Hat.

Meanwhile, Snape was still standing watching students file into the Entrance Hall. One of the Slytherins hexed a second year Ravenclaw, who began to cry. Snape merely lifted an eyebrow.

He exited the Hall and, striding through the doorway, entered the room where the First Years were standing. He glanced at them nastily. “Which one of these insufferable little maggots will be smart enough to—”

“Professor Snape!” Professor McGonagall stood a few feet away from him. “You do not speak to students in that manner!” Snape looked grumpy and stalked away, muttering something nasty. McGonagall called after him but there was no reply.

“Well. Welcome to Hogwarts!” she said quickly. The young students smiled warily back at her but did not speak. They watched as Snape left to sit at his seat in the Great Hall.

McGonagall finished the usual Sorting procedure, before sitting herself. Snape’s chair was still empty. The students wondered where he had gone. The older students were even in the dark. “He is up to something,” Harry said to Ron and Hermione. They turned to Dumbledore, but he was looking at Snape, who had just entered from the side.

“I will speak first tonight about a very serious issue,” said Snape. “It’s now my job to challenge you all to a duel!” Harry looked at Ron and Hermione’s astounded faces. Dueling was banned by the Ministry of Magic, and Filch had been campaigning to expel anyone caught dueling. Snape was facing Azkaban. Why?

Snape looked at a nervous first-year Hufflepuff and picked him to duel.

“Expelliarmus!” cried Dumbledore. Snape’s wand flew to the wizard’s hand. “Professor Snape, please explain yourself,” said Dumbledore calmly.

“Professor, I… am simply testing the new students. We must find talented ones. I won’t teach the dunderheads. They need to learn the proper skills if they want to amount to anything in life! The Dark Lord means business. Unless we can train intelligent children to fight, we may as well lie down and await death!”

Dumbledore shook his head, and smiled. When he spoke, his voice carried an amazing power. “If you really believe, Severus, that this is the way, then I will accept the challenge. However, first you must defeat Gilderoy Lockhart, who has returned as the school mascot.”

Snape stared at Dumbledore in shock. “Gilderoy is the school mascot?”

“Yes, I thought a mascot would keep our spirits up in these troubled times.” said Dumbledore brightly. “Now, gentlemen, kindly bow and draw your wands—”

Dumbledore was interrupted by a loud crash. Lockhart had already managed to disarm himself, by pointing his wand directly at his own face! Laughter broke out from the students. Snape sneered at Lockhart, but Lockhart, with a grin, yelled, “Do-over!” Ginny rolled her eyes.

“Stupid mascot,” muttered Ron. The professors joined in with the rolling of the eyes. There were quiet mutterings around the room, as everyone mused about which spell Snape was going to use next.

He drew his wand and yelled, “Expecto Patronum!” Everyone was taken aback by this choice of spell. Glancing around, looking for an explanation, Harry noticed Dumbledore was smiling.

“I know this may seem weird, but it will protect you without using dark magic. It’s the best defense, you should all practice—”

BOOM! Snape went flying across the room, hitting a wall. There was a crack as Lockhart attempted to Disapparate. Everyone stared in disbelief- Lockhart merely said, “Woopsy, I forgot that spell did that!” He quickly dove under a table and covered his head with a golden plate. Snape looked furious as he stood up and cursed under his breath.

“Dumbledore! How could you let him use a dark curse?!”

“I believe you suggested dueling, Professor Snape.” Remarked Dumbledore, smiling. “You have to expect injuries, especially if you—”

“Oh, just shut it!” yelled Snape. Everyone gasped. Dumbledore’s smile faltered. He had never experienced such disrespect.

“Severus, as headmaster, I must ask you to leave the feast before you cause damage to the students with your behavior.” Dumbledore frowned. “It is a shame, but—” Suddenly, everyone went quiet. Lockhart was running away from a flock of weird looking birds. Harry thought they looked like Fwoopers. The Fwoopers’ brilliant plumage shot towards Lockhart and began to peck at his head. Their song was nice, but Harry knew it was dangerous to keep listening. He shook his head and plugged his ears.

Then, after Lockhart had run out of the hall, Dumbledore closed the door and asked everyone to quiet down. The students looked stunned. Finally, Dumbledore cleared his throat for his traditional start of term speech. Hogwarts had finally returned to normal.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #31 stats

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:40 pm

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Sep 3, 2006 7:12 am (#1810 of 2965) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 31

User
# of Submissions
  Tazzygirl   18
  geauxtigers!   26
  virginiaelizabeth2   23
  Puck   30
  Snuffles   11
  azi   34
  haymoni   1
  Finn BV   13
  Mediwitch   9
  Herm oh ninny   10
  Phelim Mcintyre   7
  Mrs Brisbee   11
  Julie Aronson   1

Total Submissions: 194

Total Words: 970

Last Submission Date: #1807, September 2, 2006, 9:25 P.M. (virginiaelizabeth2)

Total Time to Create Story: 7 days, 5 hours, 46 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume III, Story #31 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:41 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:01 am (#2919 of 2977) [Edited Dec 27, 2010 6 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #31, Volume III,
Potty Five Words: "Professor Snape’s Dueling Lesson"

This story was written from August 26, 2006 to September 26, 2006. Eleven writers contributed to the story, which is 970 words long. Three of the eleven writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Sep 3, 2006 7:25 am: Pretty strange story... 

- azi, Sep 3, 2006 10:07 am: Tis a strange story! 

- virginiaelizabeth2, Sep 3, 2006 4:30 pm: Odd story, but I kinda liked the oddness of it. It was funny!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 4 Empty Re: Archive of Five Words Stories

Post  Sponsored content