HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive of Five Words Stories

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 19 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Stories/Sections in 'The Daily Prophet'

Post  Potteraholic Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:00 am

This is a perpetual work-in-progress, periodically updated. Thanks! Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 19 2752390508

* Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) *

Stories/Sections in The Daily Prophet

(Click on the story title to read that story)

Story #  Volume #   Story title    Date posted    # of words  
XIII
 "The Daily Prophet, 10th March 2008"   Sep 24, 2010  
XIV
 "'The Daily Prophet' - Today's Horoscopes"   June 23, 2011  
XV
 "'The Daily Prophet', 1st November 2011 - CLASSIFIED ADS"   Oct 9, 2011  

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Volumes Index * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 19 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Daily Log Stories (with Timestamps)

Post  Potteraholic Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:02 am

This is a perpetual work-in-progress, periodically updated. Thanks! Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 19 2752390508

Daily Log Stories (with Timestamps)

(Click on the story title to read that story)

Story #  Volume #   Story title    Date posted    # of words  
XIII
 "The Chronicles of Crookshanks"   Jan 1, 2011  
XV
 "The Chronicles of Crookshanks: Meeting the Beast"   July 17, 2011  

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 19 Empty Potty Game: Five Words, Happy Birthday! Year 5

Post  Potteraholic Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:04 am

This post was originally made by Potteraholic - Oct 9, 2010 1:30 am (#1255 of 2620)

Potty Game: Five Words!

Five Words is five years old today! It happens some time on October 9, 2005, even though the first ever Five Words post, written by the thread’s creator and Compiler Emeritus, Finn BV, clocks in on October 10, 2005, 2:17 am. The time discrepancy is due to the fact that the Forum clock has changed at various times over the past four years, recalibrating the time stamps on many posts here. Note: All the anniversary smileys are care of Finn, from his previous anniversary messages. Just wanted to keep the anniversary post looking somewhat the same! Smile

The following are the words of the inimitable Finn and can be found in these three previous anniversary messages: Year 1, Year 2 1/2, and Year 3.

Since our existence, we have had dozens of members of the Harry Potter Lexicon FanFiction Forum partake in this simple yet endlessly enjoyable game. In the game, there are no boundaries, save that you must add five words, no more and no less (though there are always mistakes), to your post that continue the story told through other members' five words. Strung together, the five words will make a much, much longer story.

Please take some time to reminisce about the history of the Five Words from our 1-year birthday celebration of October 9, 2006. This little tidbit, once again, is STILL true, to the best of my knowledge… : We invented the "Potty Five Words Crown," given to the poster who held the record for most number of posts in a story; the crown, I believe, is still currently retained by Tazzygirl (Kristina), with a thrilling 176 posts in the story "Just Another Week at the Ministry" on April 23, 2006.

—Finn BV, October 10, 2008, 4:08 a.m.

I started playing Five Words nearly 3 years ago and am so glad that Finn started this thread way back in October 2005. I wish I had been here from the start, but am happy to have found this thread in November 2007. I have had so much fun playing this game over the past 2 years, participating in the creation of some truly entertaining and amazing stories which have delved into all corners of the HP universe. In January 2008, I started helping out Finn and Tazzygirl with compiling some of the stories and posting the official stories and statistics online. Compiling a story involves typing it up, checking it for grammatical and spelling errors, counting its words, tallying its statistics, and formatting it correctly. In the summer of 2008, while I was abroad for much of the summer, PatPat came on board, helping out with the various compiling duties, as Finn and Tazzygirl's schedules made it difficult for them to participate in and monitor the thread as frequently as they had done in the past. In October of 2008, Finn "formally pass[ed] over reins of the thread" to me and it was around this time that Kip asked PatPat and me to become Hosts/Moderators on the FFF.

PatPat has been an invaluable help here on Five Words. I can't imagine the years 2008 to 2009 without her sage advice and thoughtful feedback about various changes introduced in that time. And, of course, I must thank Kip Carter for all his kind support through the years I have been a Five Worder. Thanks, Kip, in the good old days, for always updating the header whenever I put in a request in the 'Questions to the Host' thread, for making many edits to my posts as requested, and for thinking that I was *gulp* Host/Moderator material.

And now, as we reach the fifth year of Five Words, traditions calls for us to play ultimate Five Words. What's that, you ask? For this entire story, instead of posting the customary five words, we get to play more words! How 'bout we post... SEVEN WORDS! That's right! Why 7 words?

As this is the year the 7th HP movie opens, I thought... that's it! Seven! Seven words to coincide with the 7th movie. (It would've been magic if this was the 7th year anniversary of Five Words, but one can't have everything. Wink)

In the past, we've gotten to play 10 words, 12 words, and even 15 words! We couldn't just keep going at that rate, could we? Imagine 20 (25, 30, 35...) words at a time?

So, let the festivities begin, and thank you for staying by Five Words!

—Potteraholic, Oct 9, 2010 2:30 am

• Click on Story #130 (6 November 2010) for "Bill and Fleur's Wedding: The Deleted Scenes", Five Year Anniversary Special!

* Five Words – Volume 13 Index * 

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 19 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XVI Index

Post  Potteraholic Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:31 am

This page contains a list with links to all the stories written in Volume XVI.

Five Words Stories - Volume XVI

• Click on Story #142 (9 Dec 2011) for "The Daily Prophet, 1st November 2011 - CLASSIFIED ADS"

• Click on [url=---]Story #143 (date)[/url] for "---"

• Click on [url=---]Story #144 (date)[/url] for "---"

• Click on [url=---]Story #145 (date)[/url] for "---"

• Click on [url=---]Story #146 (date)[/url] for "---"

Last edited by Potteraholic on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 19 Empty Five Words Bulletin Board: Potential Five Words Story Ideas

Post  Potteraholic Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:09 pm

I asked for ideas for other short text types we could write, or story ideas in general.

The following ideas were suggested:

Julia H., Dec 9, 2011 at 12:38 pm
- Hogwarts detention files
- readers' letters to the editor of the DP or the Quibbler
- answers written by students during their OWL exams (we could write various students' anwers to the same set of OWL questions)
- Albus Dumbledore's correspondence (like all the letters he gets and writes in the course of a single week, for example)
- Chocolate Frog Cards
- CVs of Hogwarts teachers or MOM employees or other characters
- the chapters of a book written to celebrate a special birthday/anniversary of Minerva McGonagall / Albus Dumbledore / someone else by the person's colleagues
- Daedalus Diggle's secret diary of his days with the Dursleys (DH year)
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 19 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XVII Index

Post  Potteraholic Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:12 pm

This page contains a list with links to all the stories written in Volume XVII.

Five Words Stories - Volume XVII

• Click on [url= ---]Story #147 (day month 2012)[/url] for "title"

• Click on [url= ---]Story #148 (date)[/url] for "---"

• Click on [url= ---]Story #149 (date)[/url] for "---"

• Click on [url= ---]Story #150 (date)[/url] for "---"

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect