HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II)

+12
HungarianHorntail11
Ludicrous Patents Office
Dryleaves
Betelgeuse Black
Madam Pince
azi
Lady Arabella
Choices
Julia H.
Verity Weasley
Puck
Potteraholic
16 posters

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 Empty Re: Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II)

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Thank goodness for you, Choices, or this thread would grind to a halt. And you make some good guesses, even though they're not correct (so far) you save other people making those same guesses and so help to narrow down the riddle and perhaps steer their guessing in the right direction. That's what happened with that last riddle of Julia's. I was convinced the riddle referred to a ghost of some kind, but then your guess about the memories just caused the right answer to suddenly flash into my head. So keep guessing! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508

I'm almost bearded but I have no hair
Charmingly large, you can take me anywhere

Guessed: Dragon, Hippogriff, Thestral

Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 Empty Re: Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II)

Post  Choices Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Thanks Verity. :-)

Almost bearded - this makes me think of something that has not yet reached the age to grow a beard - something young. It has no hair and is large. You can take him anywhere, so this seems to say he has traveled a bit.

Is it possibly a snake - either Nagini or the zoo snake?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks for the new guesses Choices, but I'm afraid it's not a snake of any kind. I'll leave it a bit longer before I add a clue - you never know, someone else might actually make a guess! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508

Guessed: Dragon, Hippogriff, Thestral, Nagini or the zoo snake
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:46 am

I've been thinking about the riddle for days, but I haven't been able to think of anything that would seem to fit the clues. Here are two desperate guesses anyway:

Almost bearded with no hair makes me suspect a pun - perhaps it's something that sounds similar to bearded but not quite the same. Charmingly may refer to some magical quality, and you can take me anywhere reminds me of transportation. So the answer could be (LOL) a large magical vehicle that can be boarded (not exactly 'bearded') - how about the Durmstrang ship? Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2222139670

Alternatively, bearded can be associated with 'old', so my second guess is Running Gag 3, the Elder Wand. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 464751818

Have we earned a hint? Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 1003735042
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:40 am

Yay, another guesser! You are right to not take the clues too literally, Julia. I wouldn't describe it as a pun, but it is a play on words. Unfortunately, neither the Durmstrang Ship nor the Elder Wand is the answer I'm looking for. I will add a hint, but remember to think laterally. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508

Hint: A mixed up Talented Cube made me what I am

Guessed: Dragon, Hippogriff, Thestral, Nagini or the zoo snake, the Durmstrang Ship, the Elder Wand

Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Whoa, a mixed up Talented Cube? I'm a mixed up Choices........I think that hint just confunded me more. LOL The first thing that came to mind is Rubik's Cube - huh? Then I googled Talented Cube and it mentioned someone named Ice Cube and his Talented friends and that I do not pretend to understand. So, here's another wild guess - Is it the tent the Weasley's used at the Quidditch World Cup? It was getting older, but had no hair - enchanted to make it larger and used to stay in when traveling. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2398211921 lol!
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Sorry Choices, I was afraid the hint might do that. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 1437562208 Anyway, you are definitely on the right track with your reasoning about the tent, not so much the bit about it being old, but definitely the bit about it being large and useful when travelling. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 464751818 Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508

Hint: A mixed up TALENTED CUBE made me what I am

Guessed: Dragon, Hippogriff, Thestral, Nagini or the zoo snake, the Durmstrang Ship, the Elder Wand, the tent the Weasley's used at the World Cup
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Ok, how about the handbag that Hermione carried when she, Harry and Ron fled the wedding?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:30 pm

I thought I'd post my thoughts and hope that I don't win since I'm not good at thinking up riddles.

Focusing on the second line, charmingly implies magical, large, well large! Take me anywhere sounds like transportation...

So... The Knight Bus, or the Beauxbaton's carriage?

Neither of these works well with the first line on the surface, so I don't expect these to be right.
BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 Empty Archive of HP Riddles, Set #50, Riddle/Answer #496

Post  Verity Weasley Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:31 am

Thanks for the guesses BB, but persistence pays off - Choices has the answer! cheers

It is...

Spoiler:
Guessed: Dragon, Hippogriff, Thestral, Nagini or the zoo snake, the Durmstrang Ship, the Elder Wand, the tent the Weasley's used at the World Cup, the Knight Bus, Beauxbatons Carriage

I hope we keep seeing you on this thread, BB Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508

Congratulations Choices!

• HP Riddles Archive •  

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post title and link to the Riddles Archive ~ Potteraholic)
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Whoa, persistence certainly does pay off. I'm not terribly good at riddles, but I'll do my best to come up with one and get back here to post it. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Verity, this was a fun riddle, and I love the hint! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2222139670 I was also reminded of Rubik's Cube, but I could not relate it to HP, so I googled in TALENTED CUBE, but it did not help either. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 1003735042 It was a great idea to give us an anagram, and LOL, you even told us that the "talented cube" was "mixed up"!

Congratulations, Choices! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508 I look forward to your riddle!
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Sorry to take so long, but as I said, riddles do not come easily to me. Here is what I came up with.......

THE MOM MAY INVESTIGATE,
BUT THEY WILL NEVER SEE ME.
I AM CRAFTY AND DEVIOUS.
I CAN BE ANYTHING I WANT TO BE.
WHAT AM I?

Let the guessing begin and good luck! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:46 am

Interesting riddle Choices. It doesn't quite fit all the clues, but is it ... Love?
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks for the guess, Verity, but the answer isn't love.

THE MOM MAY INVESTIGATE,
I AM CRAFTY AND DEVIOUS.
WHAT AM I?

Guessed: Love

Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:31 pm

OK, continuing my theme of things that were being studied in the Department of Mysteries, which is what your riddle brings to mind - is it prophecies?
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:16 am

That's an intriguing riddle, Choices. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508 Is THE MOM the Ministry of Magic or a mother? (I'm definitely not asking you to answer this question, LOL.Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 464751818) Since Verity is trying the Ministry-related guesses, I may try the other line, which reminds me of the twins.

Hm... wild guess: Patented Daydream Charms?
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:04 am

Is it the fake galleons used by the DA to communicate with each other?
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Thanks to Verity and Julia and Mona for the guesses, but it isn't prophecies, fake galleons or patented daydream charms. Just to keep you from getting on the wrong track, there is no mother in the riddle. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2281877974

THE MOM MAY INVESTIGATE,
I AM CRAFTY AND DEVIOUS.
WHAT AM I?

Guessed: Love - prophecies - fake galleons - patented daydream charms

Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Betelgeuse Black Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Keeping with the Dept. of Mysteries theme, I'll guess Time.

BB
Betelgeuse Black
Betelgeuse Black
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Thanks for the guess BB, but time is not the correct answer. Keep trying, please. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508

THE MOM MAY INVESTIGATE,
I AM CRAFTY AND DEVIOUS.
WHAT AM I?

Here's a hint: A relative of mine hangs out at the home of a Hogwart's student.

Guessed: Love - prophecies - fake galleons - patented daydream charms - time

Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:48 pm

hmmmm, the hint makes me wonder what kind of things might hang out? Maybe a painting? So I'll guess magical portraits.
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  shepherdess Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Is it Dobby?
shepherdess
shepherdess
Head Girl
Head Girl

http://abetteryou.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:55 pm

More interesting guesses, but it is not magical portraits or Dobby. Thanks to Verity and Shepherdess for the latest guesses! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 19 2752390508

THE MOM MAY INVESTIGATE,
I AM CRAFTY AND DEVIOUS.
WHAT AM I?

Here's a hint: A relative of mine hangs out at the home of a Hogwart's student.
Hint #2 - You never actually see me, but I'm read about by someone.

Guessed: Love - prophecies - fake galleons - patented daydream charms - time - magical portraits - Dobby

Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Is it a Chameleon Ghoul?
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next