HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive of Five Words Stories

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #43

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:02 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Feb 7, 2007 1:50 am (#1523 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Quidditch Match"

The sun was shining brightly down onto a vast field. Quidditch flags were waving in the breeze, and eager crowds were deeply anticipating the upcoming exhibition match between Viktor Krum and Harry Potter’s teams. It was bound to be the greatest match of the year.

It had been awhile since Krum, now nearly forty-five, had played Quidditch. Yet, he was determined to show Harry Potter that he hadn’t lost his skills through all these years. They both hovered near their teams, weary eyes scanning for the Golden Snitch. Each player began to sweat as the sun grew hotter and they grew older. Elderly Madam Hooch, still in top flying form, kept her hawk-like eyes on the two Seekers as they hovered high above the pitch, when Krum plummeted towards the ground.

“The Wronsky Feint!” thought Harry. He scanned the surface before spotting the gold glittering Snitch in Krum’s direction. Harry dived towards the ground, panicking that he wouldn’t reach the tiny golden ball on the verge of being caught. “Go!” Harry urges his broom. He accelerated quickly. Suddenly, a bludger screamed past his head. Harry ducked in time.

“That bloody Merkman aimed that bludger at Potter! But he seems to have recovered. Krum pulls up at the last minute! He didn’t see the Snitch?!” Groans could be heard from the Krum supporters. Krum scowled and signaled for a time out. His team huddled together, waiting for his instructions.

“Listen, if we want to beat him, then we have to fly like we’ve never flown before.” Krum growled. A feeling of excitement came over the whole team. They began to look forward to playing and beating Harry’s World Record of Captaining a team which had never lost a game in five years!

The game resumed, and Krum zoomed off into the sky. His team, clueless, eyed the concession stand with interest. One of his Chasers was leaning over the goal posts, suddenly interested in a beautiful woman. Fleur Delacour was shaking her silvery mane in the players’ direction, diverting their eyes from the game.

“Stop that, dear,” said Bill, chiding her. “We don’t want people to think Harry’s a cheat.”

Fleur blushed, and immediately stopped. “I just wanted to give Harry a chance at capturing ze snitch, zat’s all.” Bill looked at her understandingly, before turning to look at the match.

“I don’t think Harry needs our help, Fleur! Besides, look at what he is doing with that banana! It appears he’s already caught the Snitch, and is celebrating winning in his most spectacular style: eating fourteen bananas in rapid succession as his firebolt sped around the pitch.”

Krum was looking surlier than ever. His lip curled in a grimacing attempt at a smile. An enormous wad of gum came flying down from the stands. It landed in Fleur’s hair, and she fainted.

“It’s all right, dear.” Bill said as she came around. “It’ll come out with some peanut butter.”

Fleur looked aghast. “You want to shmeer my ‘air wiz disgusting peanut butter? You are preposterous, William Arthur Weasley! I am a champion!” She flicked her hair as Harry soared past with determination on his face, the Snitch clutched firmly in his hand. A triumphant roar sounded from the crowd- the game was over.

“Potter cinches the game for the Cannons!”

Below, an argument was starting to brew over the way the game ended. Madam Hooch flew down to break it up before things became violent. Krum took advantage of the commotion to slip away into the locker rooms to have a good cry.

Up in the stands, Hermione admonished Ron for cursing Krum’s broom to fly slower. “That’s cheating!”

“And what you did to McLaggen was okay?” retorted Ron.

“Well, that was different,” said Hermione, blushing. “I was trying to help you!”

Ron blushed too. “Well, I suppose you’re right, but you still shouldn’t have done it.” He leaned over and kissed her cheek. The whole stadium gave a roar of approval.

“’Bout time you two kissed and admitted you fancied each other!” said Hagrid with as much dignity as he could- a grin cracking his face as he turned to clap for Harry. Hagrid’s son, cheering by his dad and mum, made a final announcement.

“Witches and Wizards alike! I draw your attention to the players who made today’s game possible! Harry Potter, Victor Krum…”

Suddenly, a flash of lightening struck a goal post. Fireworks flew in every direction! Harry and Krum, in the stands, watched life-like versions of themselves fly through the air. The respect they had towards Fred and George grew even more than their own egos. As the crowd clapped, Fred jumped on a broomstick.

“Skywriting? No! This is Weasley’s Wizards Mortal Mime! It replicates any person or creature with a stunning attention to detail! Only three galleons, five sickles, and seven knuts a piece! On sale from today, so hurry while initial stocks last!” The voice boomed over the crowd. Fred made another quick sweep with his wand and a fantastic array of stars filled the sky. The crowd oooh-ed and ahhh-ed while they watch the stars twinkle and fade.

Madam Hooch stepped up towards the podium that had appeared in the middle of the stadium. “That’s the match. Go home.”

Harry looked sideways at Krum. Something didn’t feel right. They nodded to one another and went in opposite directions. Suddenly, a huge explosion rocked the stadium, sending pieces of turf flying through the air. Madam Hooch was blasted off her feet into the air. Harry immediately drew his wand from his robes and used a spell to protect all of the spectators. He circled the stadium, on his firebolt, before spotting a dark figure running away from the crowds. It faded into the shadows of the wooded foothills surrounding the Quidditch Pitch.

Harry and Krum followed, ducking branches and avoiding bats flying their way. Ahead of them were two hooded figures that seemed to glide rather than walk. They hid behind a huge mound of soil, unearthed by a niffler. Harry blasted the tree away and found that the two dementors had disappeared. A niffler poked its head above the dirt and bit the hooded stranger his hooked nose, causing the figure to draw his hand from out of the robe’s folds. Madam Pince yelled as her son grabbed his wand and yelled, “Expelliarmus!”. Harry’s and Krum’s wands flew into the darkness. Snape sneered as he dropped the hood and tried to examine his enemies in the dim light.

“Well, what do we have here? Potter and Krum, the Dynamic Duo.”

“Severus,” Madam Pince whispered. “We don’t have time to dawdle about! We must move quickly.”

“Quiet, Mother,” snapped Snape. “I think we should sort out these two idiots and get out of here!”

“Severus, there is no time!”

Severus aimed his wand high and stupefied the two, before they could stop him and strolled off into the night.

* Five Words – Volume 4 Index * 

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) * 

* This volume's stories, stats and post-story comments archived from WX by Verity Weasley; formatted/posted by Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #43 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:04 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Feb 7, 2007 1:51 am (#1524 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 43
ordered by first contribution to the story

User
# of Submissions
  azi   61
  Tazzygirl   25
  virginiaelizabeth2   9
  Finn BV   20
  kneazle   2
  geauxtigers!   22
  painting sheila   41
  Snuffles   25
  Herm oh ninny   5
  Anna L. Black   2
  haymoni   7
  Puck   11
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 330
Total Words: 1150
Last Submission Date: #1515, February 4, 2007, 2:26 P.M. (azi)
Total Time to Create Story: 26 days, 0 hours, 23 minutes.

* This volume's stories, stats and post-story comments archived from WX by Verity Weasley; formatted/posted by Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #43 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am (#2931 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 4 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #43, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "The Quidditch Match"

This story was written from January 9, 2007 to February 4, 2007. Twelve writers contributed to the story, which is 1,150 words long. Four of the twelve writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Feb 7, 2007 1:54 am : I wonder where Snape and Pince went? What are they up too?? Shall we find out???

- azi, Feb 7, 2007 4:45 pm: That story took a looooong time to write!

- Finn BV, Feb 8, 2007 4:48 am: Phew! I'm glad that story finished because I lost track of it ages ago! Glad to be on to a new one!

- geauxtigers!, Feb 10, 2007 5:57 am: glad the last story is over too! I completely lost track! I miss 5 words, I've just been so busy lately! There aren't enough hours in the day!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #44

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:06 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Feb 26, 2007 12:41 am (#1682 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Aurora"

She followed close behind her mother, noting the Death Eater on the outskirts of the shabby long forgotten village. “Hurry,” whispered her mom. “It isn’t safe for us to be out this late and alone!” The feeling that they were being followed prevailed, and both felt anxious to complete their journey before either of them gave into their hesitation. Ahead there was a dark patch of trees, and the pair plunged into the branches.

“Lumos,” whispered the girl, whose name was as bright as the light coming from her wand.

“Aurora, put out your wand!” her mother said in a hushed voice. “Do you want to be seen?”

Aurora and her mother glanced back at a glowing bush and saw with horror the Death Eater trapping a hippogriff in a huge cage. As soon as he locked it, the Death Eater rounded on Aurora and her mom. Their eyes widened and they ran for it!

Hexes shot over their shoulders and bounced off trees. Ahead of them a giant squid transformed in the water- it became Albus Dumbledore. He smiled as he pointed his wand at the stars and showed them the Big Dipper.

“Wow! Mum, look!” Aurora pointed. “The Death Eater died because of the angle the Big Dipper made with Neptune!” Aurora pulled a flask out of her cloak and shook it over the leaves of the nearest tree.

“Aurora, what are you doing? What is this for?” But the leaves turned blue and then started to sizzle.

“This is a leaf scorching potion. It’s used for finding the reasons why the evil spirits continue to linger in this forest. It also helps release them to the other side of the veil.” Aurora said mysteriously.

“But why is it that all of the Death Eaters who enter into this part of the forest die?” Aurora’s mother asked.

“That’s what I am going to find out,” replied Aurora. A strange mist began to rise from the scorched leaves. It took on the form of a dark figure, snarling and hissing.

“Aha!” stated Dumbledore.

“Who are you?” asked Aurora.

“I am the ruler of Potteramia Planetiodus, located in the mystical world of Rowlingville. Prepare for an invasion into your homes and minds.”

Aurora stared at them all. “Prepare for an invasion? But I though the potion would help us!”

“Alas, we are doomed,” Dumbledore commented quietly. “Unless we can get to the library before Madam Pince realizes that her cherished, first edition, autographed copy of Constellations, a Guide to the Squib Stars and Beyond the Sun, is about to be fed to a hippogriff.” They Apparated to Hogwarts and left the hippogriff in its cage, which happened to have a stockpile of dead ferrets.

“How’d you Apparate here?” said Hermione.

“I am Dumbledore, after all.” He gave Hermione a wink, a twinkle in his eye.

Dumbledore led them up to the library, and spoke gently to Madam Pince. Filch was standing there, sneering as though he knew that Irma wouldn’t take the news lying down. A shriek echoed around the bookshelves.

Peeves froze, a jar of sticky treacle in his hands. “Oh! Why it’s Dumbledore! My, you are a bore!” He flew off, dropping the treacle on a rare edition of Hogwarts, a History, signed by the four Hogwarts founders. Madam Pince screamed and yelled before trying to perform the spell to remove the treacle.

Above their heads, books started to burst into flame. Madam Pince looked towards Dumbledore who looked momentarily astounded, then flicked his wand and the flames extinguished.

“Now, Madam Pince, I want you to meet Aurora. She was just telling us about a strange event that occurred in the forest earlier this evening. Aurora?” Dumbledore held out his hand and helped her to her feet.

“Mars is so bright tonight.” Aurora said. “Be careful handling hot topics when you cannot find any oven mitts.” Madam Pince looked confused.

“What are you talking about? And where is that book I loaned you?” She looked at Dumbledore. “I am sorry to inform you that this girl has STOLEN–”

“Now Irma, I think perhaps that’s a bit harsh. She simply forgot to ask to have an extension on her loan.” Dumbledore handed the book back, in pristine condition. Irma nodded curtly, then walked away. Filch sneered and wandered after Irma, clearly disappointed he couldn’t hang someone by their ankles.

“Aurora,” said Dumbledore, “would you like to use the Astronomy Tower to research the stars?”

“Oh, yes please!” she exclaimed. Aurora headed off to the Tower and soon became the teacher of Astronomy at Hogwarts!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #44 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:07 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Feb 26, 2007 12:41 am (#1683 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 44

User
# of Submissions
  paintingsheila   9
  Finn BV   10
  Tazzygirl   23
  Snuffles   11
  azi   30
  Mediwitch   10
  geauxtigers!   26
  Puck   32
  virginiaelizabeth2   5
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 153
Total Words: 765
Last Submission Date: #1679, February 25, 2007, 2:22 P.M. (azi)
Total Time to Create Story: 17 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #44 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:08 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am (#2932 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 6 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #44, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "Aurora"

This story was written from February 7, 2007 to February 25, 2007. Nine writers contributed to the story, which is 765 words long. Five of the nine writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Feb 26, 2007 12:46 am : Yup, definitely a short and confusing story, but it was enjoyable!

- geauxtigers!, Feb 26, 2007 12:49 am: Ha ha that was definatly confusing. Really short! We've slowed down so much on this thread!

- Puck, Feb 26, 2007 3:23 am: Okay, I didn't expect to win, seeing how I was away from the forum so much....The story was pretty short, despite how it dragged on as we wrote it.

- virginiaelizabeth2, Feb 26, 2007 4:11 am: Weird story!

- Finn BV, Feb 28, 2007 2:45 am: Whew, I had high hopes for that story… before I completely lost the plot.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #45

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:10 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Mar 20, 2007 7:43 am (#2021 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Prefects Who Gained Power: Percy’s Story"

Percy sat, unsuspecting, at his desk, waiting for an important message from the League of Practically Perfect Prefects. This was a tense time- he kept glancing at the window. “Where’s Errol? That stupid owl could get lost in a room the size of a shed!” A fluttering outside made him jump. He spun around and saw Fred and George playing catch with a most official letter. “Get off my letter, you two gits!”

“Careful you don’t insult our familial sensibilities. Your letter may accidentally catch fire.” Percy fumed as he tried to Accio to no avail. The butterfly shaped letter had been enchanted to stay just out of Percy’s reach. “Jump, Percy! Higher!” roared the twins. “Nearly had it that time.”

Completely frustrated, Percy stormed inside. “Mother, Fred and George are interfering with important documents that may have a great importance to my future position at the Ministry of Magic!”

“Well, you tell them to let you be, and hand over your letter.”

Finally, Fred caved and Percy tore it out of his hands. Ignoring Fred and George’s teasing, he ripped it open, reading quickly. His face became paler as he realized he was being demoted to under-under secretary to the Minister. “It can’t be true! I worked so hard to get there! I can’t believe this!” Percy crumpled on the floor, crying.

“Well, perhaps they discovered you’re a snivelling, creeping git.” Fred laughed.

Pop! Percy looked up to see Cornelius Fudge himself standing nearby, twirling his bowler hat and looking rather grim.

“Minister! This is a surprise!” Percy quickly pulled himself to his feet, and failingly, tried to stand, but instead collapsed in a chair, completely confused.

“Mr. Weasley, the reason for my visit is to explain why you have been demoted. Your behavior at the Ministry has become increasingly more and more pompous. Your self-importance has alienated almost everyone around you, including the owls. That’s why we sent your letter with the charm. Either you stop behaving like an egotistical windbag or the penalty will be worse!” Fudge tossed some Floo powder into the fireplace and vanished. Percy stared where Fudge had just stood, his mouth agape.

“Fudge will pay!” he said under his breath. Fire flashed from his wand.

“Percy Weasley! I already have two sons setting off explosions in this house, and I DO NOT want another to do so!”

Percy stammered incoherently, and then stormed upstairs to his room. Inside a rat with one toe missing was sitting on his bed. “Hello, Percy. Remember me?” Wormtail said. “Should we go to the Ministry of Magic together, right now? I’ve got some connections that will make getting you the Head of the Auror Office position a snap,” grinned the vermin.

Percy grabbed his cloak and together they Apparated to the Ministry. “Stay in my pocket.” Whispered Percy to Wormtail, who had poked his head out, trying to see where they were and to get a view of the secret passage leading to their destination.

“Percy, what are you doing here?” It was Mr. Weasley.

“Hello Father, errrr, I was just coming to lend a hand to the new Head of the Department of…” Percy suddenly spotted Crookshanks ready to pounce at him. “I’m late! Got to run!” Percy ran towards the elevators, but tripped on a dropped pencil. Wormtail went flying out of Percy’s pocket. Crookshanks pounced and meowed loudly. Arthur approached and accidentally stepped on Percy’s hand. He yelled in pain and then stared as Crookshanks swung Wormtail around in his mouth.

“Percy! Are you insane? Why are you with that…that…that rat? You could be sent to Azkaban!”

“Father, you don’t understand! I need to have respect, and recognition for my ability, not to be treated like some useless house-elf or dirty Mudblood.” Arthur’s eyes widened in shock at the language Percy was using. “What is it Father? Oh don’t tell me you think using that word is wrong. We’re a pure-blood family. We should be using that word, and keeping filth such as Hermione Granger away from Ronald!” Percy finished loudly.

Arthur opened his mouth but was interrupted by a flash of red light. Dolores Umbridge had appeared in front of him. Her curse bounced off the Ministry walls and ricocheted towards Crookshanks and Wormtail. It hit Wormtail, causing him to change into a teacup. Crookshanks glared menacingly at Professor Umbridge.

“Mr. Weasley, please control your pets.” Crookshanks leapt up and bit Dolores’ wand hand. “Mangy beast!” she screamed. “Did you see where that foul beast ran?” she asked, as Crookshanks ran down the hall and into an elevator.

Arthur, meanwhile, had picked up the teacup and was taking it to his office. He found this rat suspicious, and wanted to check it out. Why would Pettigrew risk coming into the Ministry? And to the Burrow as well? Arthur put an Anti-Apparition charm in place so Pettigrew could not leave. Then he transformed him into a potted plant and waited. He knew that someone with pruning shears would come and dispose of it eventually.

Meanwhile, back in the Atrium, Crookshanks had jumped on Percy’s head, clawing and scratching at his face. “Ouch! Get this hairball off me!” Blood trickled down his cheek and onto his well-ironed robes. Percy snarled as the cat ran off.

Dolores Umbridge looked mockingly at Hermione Granger, who had come wandering down the Atrium with Tonks. “Look what the cat dragged in!” she shouted. “I thought something smelled bad.” She sneered, glaring at Hermione. Dolores conjured a perfume bottle, and sprayed it in Hermione’s face.

“You evil toad!” shrieked Hermione. She drew her wand and shouted, “Levicorpus!” Dolores was yanked up into the air.

“Hermione!” exclaimed Tonks, trying not to laugh. “What are you doing?” she admonished. “She’s a Ministry Official, and you must show respect!”

“Respect? What respect has she ever given me and my family?” shouted Hermione.

“Let-me-down-you-filthy-little-Mudblood!” screeched Dolores, no longer hiding her true nature.

Tonks, who was now furious at Umbridge, pointed her wand and yelled a curse that caused tentacles to explode around her head. Umbridge looked like Medusa the Frog. “AAAAAHHHHH!” she screamed. “You just wait until I tell the Minister!”

“May I be of service?” said Fudge, walking up behind the screaming crowd who were laughing at Umbridge’s predicament. “Can somebody please tell me why I should get her down? I have never heard such foul language from a Muggle-born witch in all the years since I started at Hogwarts. We look to our Ministry workers to set an example, not to show prejudice! Rictumsempra!” Fudge concluded.

Dolores began to laugh, still hanging upside down suspended in midair. She wriggled and revealed her grey bloomers. The Atrium echoed with laughter as a crowd gathered beneath her. “Ma-make it st-stop!” panted Umbridge. Fudge lifted his wand to remove the spell.

“Wait!” interrupted Harry. “I think we should find out why she’s acting like this and then give her what she deserves. Veritaserum ready, Hermione?” Hermione dug into her pocket and pulled out a glass phial and made her way eagerly to Umbridge’s exhausted heap.

Arthur returned, carrying a freshly pruned plant. “I think this will be useful to the investigation. Where’s Percy? He’s involved with all this, and probably knows much more than any of us!”

Tonks performed a tracking charm and located Percy cowering in a dark corner in the Department of Mysteries. She yelled, “Accio Percy!” and he flew to her, landing on top of Dolores.

“I didn’t do anything, Father, it was the rat! He was trying to get me to do terrible things. I have supported the Ministry from day one!” said Percy, picking himself up off Dolores, who had been screeching obscenities after he had landed on top of her.

“You really should rinse your mouth with Mrs. Skower’s Magical Mess Remover, you toad.” Umbridge gasped at Fudge’s tone and realized that she could fool him most of the time, but she could not now.

Meanwhile, Hermione had also noticed that Crookshanks had returned. The cat was carrying a nice green frog. He was a relative of Umbridge, who was an Animagus. He had been helping Umbridge spy on the Minister.

“Hoppity?” queried Fudge.

“Actually, he’s Ichabod Umbridge, my brother.” Dolores spat.

“Ribbit,” replied Ichy.

Arthur looked at Percy. “How do you know this frog, son?”

Percy tapped Ichabod with his wand. A short, bald, wart- covered man emerged. “He’s been helping me and Umbridge plan to make me Minister of Magic. Fudge and Scrimgeour are fools! They have made a mockery of what it means to be ruler of this country!”

“Wait! What made you think that you were up to being Minister?” said Arthur, skeptically, before stepping towards Percy and the evil toads. “You’re still young and inexperienced!”

“Father, I am wise beyond my years. When will you fools realize that I have gained more power than those prefects in my books ever dreamed of? I—”

ZAP! POP! CRACK! BOOOOOOOOM!

Arthur looked down at Percy, now cowering with fear. A large firework had exploded above him. The sparks were circling above Percy’s head. Fred and George had arrived unseen.

“Well, George, it looks like Percy still hides from fireworks.”

“Yes, and he deserves to be!” They set off several of their sparklers and Disapparated, laughing madly!

Dolores and Ichabod were brought to St. Mungo’s for shock treatment, while Percy and Wormtail were sent to the Department of Psychiatric Treatment, to help deflate their heads. The Healers had a hard task with Percy as his head had such a thick skull. Once deflated, Percy arrived home and meekly apologized to his family for his behavior before begging for forgiveness. Wormtail was banished to Azkaban for life. As for Dolores and Ichabod, they were confined to the ward with Gilderoy Lockhart for such bad taste in clothes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #45 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:11 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Mar 20, 2007 7:44 am (#2023 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 45

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   88
  virginiaelizabeth2   12
  Tazzygirl   26
  Snuffles   47
  azi   49
  painting sheila   22
  geauxtigers!   43
  Finn BV   2
  Phelim Mcintyre   35
  Mediwitch   4

Total Submissions: 328
Total Words: 1640
Last Submission Date: #2013, March 19, 2007, 5:13 A.M. (Phelim Mcintyre)
Total Time to Create Story: 21 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #45 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:12 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:05 am (#2933 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 7 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #45, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "Prefects Who Gained Power: Percy’s Story"

This story was written from February 25, 2007 to March 19, 2007. Ten writers contributed to the story, which is 1,640 words long. Four of the ten writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Mar 20, 2007 7:53 am : Entertaining story! I loved it!

- viginiaelizabeth2, Mar 21, 2007 5:09 am: I liked the last story! It was cute!

- Mediwitch, Mar 22, 2007 12:28 am: I especially loved the title for the last story - well done!

- geauxtigers!, Jan 25, 2007 4:12 pm: I liked the last story!

- Tazzygirl, Mar 22, 2007 3:39 am: Mediwitch, it took me forever to figure out an appropriate title for the last story. lol

- geauxtigers!, Mar 22, 2007 3:47 am: I love the title of the last story too!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #46

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Apr 12, 2007 3:09 am (#2321 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "A Day in Diagon Alley"

Remus and Sirius were strolling down Diagon Alley. James was waiting for them outside the Quidditch supply store, tossing a golden snitch up in the air.

"Showing off, are we?" smirked Sirius as they approached. James smirked back and glanced back at the golden ball in his hand. He let it escape his fingers, and then he quickly caught it again.

They entered the shop. "I'd love a good diversion. Wouldn't you?" said James, pointing into the corner, where they all saw Snape, alone, studying the new broomstick handbook. His hook-nose was all but touching the pages. Sirius reached into his pocket and withdrew a Zonko's Fantastic Flying Fanged Frizbee. He casually flicked it towards Snape. The frizbee grabbed hold of Snape's greasy hair, yanking him into a neatly stacked pile of broomstick polish. The tins came crashing down and landed on an old wizard’s toe. He shrieked and pointed his wand at Snape in anger. While all of the commotion raged, Sirius quietly slipped the Fanged frizbee back into his pocket, sniggering uncontrollably.

The wizard led Snape into the back of the shop and shouted about how it was going to cost him 25 galleons to replace everything that was damaged. "Can't you just Reparo it?" snapped Snape, angrily. He had seen Potter and his stupid little friends laughing over his "accident". He was sure the Neanderthals were responsible. The store manager glared at him.

"You look at me when I'm talking to you! Now, you have to pay..."

Sirius and the rest of the Marauders casually slipped out of the store, then burst into laughter. "Did you see the look on his face?" Sirius gasped. "He looked like a miniature troll."

"Don't insult trolls. They are much more better looking than him and don't smell as bad," said Peter.

"Wow, that's an unusually quick comeback, Peter." James grinned. "You have been spending too much with us. We're rubbing off on you." They walked towards Flourish and Blotts to pick up their textbooks on Transfiguration .

"You sure you want to do this guys?" asked Remus. "It might be—"

Sirius poked him in the side. "Don't talk so loud. McGreasy is still around here!"

Remus lowered his voice. "It's dangerous. I don't want you guys risking your necks for me. I'll be fine— I've coped all these years."

"We're doing it." replied James firmly. "We want to be wild animals."

Remus grinned. Suddenly, a flash of light emitted from the bookstore. All four boys stopped to see someone being thrown from the shop. They landed on a pile of chocolate frogs on a tray outside Florean Fortescue's ice cream parlor. "Frank? What happened? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be inside the store?"

"It was an accident," muttered Frank, his face turning red.

"Well, you want to head over to Flourish and Blotts, old Snivellus just went inside," said Sirius, sniggering mischievously.

"Erm, yeah, sure ," shrugged Frank. "But please don't be mean to him, he isn't worth getting into trouble."

"Mean? To Snivellus?" Sirius grinned innocently. "I don't know what you're talking about. We have nothing but the up most respect for him, right James?"

"Absolutely. Why you bothered anyway? Has your mum been giving you a hard time for being given detention last year?"

Frank shook his head. "I got picked on, too, is all. It's not nice being bullied."

"You always see the best in people, Frank. I tried that once. The best thing for us to do is agree to disagree about Snivellus," replied James.

They walked into Knockturn Alley and looked behind to be sure no one had seen them. James rummaged in his pockets and pulled out a dusty book. "Now who wants to see what it takes to become an Animagus?" Sirius peered over James' shoulder at the book. Peter hovered behind excitedly.

"Well, it doesn't look that hard," he sputtered, fear in his eyes.

"If you don't think you can handle this, then just say so, because it’s not too late to chicken out."

"I, no, I'm not, I was just thinking about what kind of animal I want to be. I'm thinking of maybe becoming a rabbit.”

Sirius barked his laugh, "You aren't cute enough to be a rabbit, how about a rat?"

"Or a mouse!" sniggered James.

They studied the book a bit longer when a shadow loomed over their shoulders. "Wha' are you lot doin' 'ere?" Hagrid's booming voice made everybody jump.

"Hey Hagrid," Sirius said, turning around quickly.

"We saw Snape come down here and we wanted to see where he was going," lied Remus. Peter started trembling.

"Well where'd he get ta?" Hagrid looked up and down the dingy alley.

"We lost him," said Sirius quickly.

"Well I better getcha outta here. You lot need to steer clear of this place. Don't wan' no one ter see ya down here." James looked at Hagrid, then nodded his head. They slumped back to Diagon Alley.

"Peter, Remus!" called someone from inside Ollivander's. They walked in, and immediately saw Lily holding up a new wand. "Look at my new wand, perfect for my Charm work," Lily smiled. She swished the wand underneath James' nose before turning her back on him.

James grinned to the other boys and then boldly stepped around her. "Hey, Lily. So, you going with me Saturday? I thought you'd like the tickets to the Weird Sisters—"

Lily spun around to look James in the eye. "No. I don't think so, unless you can magically deflate your ego?" The others laughed while James blushed slightly. Lily turned away but grinned into her hand while she pretended to cough.

"Shot down again, James." Sirius chortled.

James looked determined. "She'll come around," he stated. "I'll just annoy her until she gives in." He stepped towards Lily, but then slipped and landed on something that an owl had "dropped". Sirius quickly picked it up, saying it looked suspiciously like Broom Polish. James quickly got to his feet, cursing softly. Lily was chuckling as she walked over to Ollivander to pay for her new wand. She said her goodbyes (ignoring James) and set off down the street looking for Alice and Sally.

"James, you've got to forget about her, she doesn't like you. You should try that girl from Hufflepuff, she's way better—"

"Why don't you mind your own business?" James said. They stepped into the Leaky Cauldron for a drink of Butterbeer. A commotion in the back caught their attention and they edged towards the bar.

"Can you hear what is going on?" asked Peter.

"Perhaps if you shut up," snapped Sirius.

An ugly, greasy-haired woman whispering fiercely at a hooked-nosed man with very bushy eyebrows. "...don't care if you think we shouldn't do it, I want to. It's the plan!" The man pulled out a scroll and a purple quill.

"What are we going to start with?" he asked.

Suddenly a huge object flew across the room, hitting him in the head. He then threw a temper tantrum on how much he hates kids and a bar should ban anyone under the age of seventeen. He grabbed a wand and retrieved the object. It hit the wall and blew up the entire side of the room.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING! I want you out of here! Is everyone okay? Who was responsible for this? Show yourself!" The man stepped forward, and James saw the guilty pair. Covered in soot, stood Mr. Black and Snape's mom.

"Dad?! What are you doing?" yelled Sirius furiously as he rushed towards his father.

"This is none of your business, boy."

"Oh yes it is! I want to know what you are up to! You've been sneaking around with Mrs. Snape!?" yelled Sirius. "I can't believe you brought in that- thing!" he said, while pointing at an antique looking metal snake.

Mr. Black fumed. He raised the snake into the air. "Why? Are you afraid of a little snake? I should pull out my REAL snake!"

"Father! Stop!" Sirius yelled back. The room filled with smoke, as James pulled Sirius away towards the exit. A bang sounded as the door slammed behind them.

"Let's go," James said.

"What was your dad doing with her anyway?" said Peter, slightly shaking.

"I don't know, but it can't be good, can it?" sneered Sirius.

"Well, the sooner we can learn to transform, the better."

"Why?" asked Peter appearing confused.

"Because," Remus said slowly, "then we can have the freedom to sneak around listening to everything that is going on!"

"Ok" said Peter shrugging casually. After a few attempts at transforming Sirius was sprouting fur, while James had antlers. Peter simply smelt like a rat!

"Think we need more practice?" James laughed, and everyone agreed.

"Let's go back to Hogwarts," grinned Sirius. "I think we might be missed by now."

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #46 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:14 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Apr 12, 2007 3:18 am (#2323 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 46

User
# of Submissions
  Snuffles   46
  Puck   81
  azi   46
  painting sheila   3
  Tazzygirl   39
  virginiaelizabeth2   12
  Mediwitch   5
  geauxtigers!   39
  Phelim Mcintyre   4
  Ydnam96   18
  haymoni   1

Total Submissions: 294
Total Words: 1470
Last Submission Date: #2318, April 10, 2007, 11:03 A.M. (Puck)
Total Time to Create Story: 21 days, 9 hours, 22 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #46 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:15 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:05 am (#2934 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 7 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #46, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: “A Day in Diagon Alley”

This story was written from March 20, 2007 to April 10, 2007. Eleven writers contributed to the story, which is 1,470 words long. One of the eleven writers posted feedback.

- Tazzygirl, Apr 12, 2007 3:20 am: It took almost the same amount of time to complete this story as the last story. Cool!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #47

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:16 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - May 29, 2007 3:57 am (#2592 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Orion’s Ordeal"

Mr. Black returned to 12 Grimmauld Place, and headed into the dreary kitchen- kicking Kreacher out into the hall. He then began to mutter under his breath about what Snape had said as they left the Leaky Cauldron that afternoon. "How dare she, just who does she think she is? We had a plan, and she ruined it! How else are we supposed to— What are you doing here, Regulus? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" he asked.

"I hate school." Regulus grumbled "I can't stand my charms teacher, and there is this kid who seems to think it's okay to drop frog spawn down my robes, stupid git!"

"Okay, but help me out on this slight dilemma. Could you use a slightly unusual potion to ward off twelve angry goblins? I, uh, owe some money to Ludo Bagman and now the goblins are threatening to feed me to treasure guarding dragons!" he finished.

Regulus looked at his father. "Umm okay, Dad, but I have to warn you that I'm not that good at potions. Sirius was the best at that."

"Don't mention that good for nothing traitor in this house!" Mr. Black glared at Regulus before composing himself. "Never mind, you wouldn't have been able to help. This is too important for a child like you. Now leave me alone so I can figure out what to do."

"Fine" Regulus mumbled as he walked out of the room.

"So first I should contact some of the old crowd and then we can go to Knockturn Alley- I'm sure we can find what we need to get those goblins off my back". He summoned his cloak and Floo powder and soon stepped into Borgin and Burke's. He then sent Kreacher - who had come along - to guard the door. "So, we need to get Archie, Phillip, Duncan, Rowan, and Dylan before we can make any lovely beaded jewelry." An hour later they had assembled a dozen necklaces and several bracelets.

"Be careful not to touch that necklace over there," said a wizard with white-blonde hair.

"Lucius, my old friend and partner in crime, how are you?"

"Wise beyond my years. So Orion, have you any plans on how to get the Goblins their money? I would give it to you, but the consequences of late payment amuse me," Lucius drawled.

Orion scratched his chin. "I am hoping to sell these at the Muggle Jumble Sale. They have a charm on them, causing them to become attached to the skin... permanently."

"I like that idea!" exclaimed a young witch with long toe nails that curled around her feet.

"Don't you ever cut those things?" cringed Lucius.

"It's a protest. I won't cut my toe nails until the Minister of Magic admits he is a Muggle-born prat with no right to dictate what Purebloods can do."

"Well, I— AAAHHH!" Orion yelped. "Stop! You stupid elf!"

"Sorry, Master. I was trying to put these jewelries in this case," whispered Kreacher, bowing so low to the ground, the tip of his nose scraped the floor.

"Stop groveling, foul creature," said Orion, kicking Kreacher to the side. "Now, get those necklaces in the box."

Half an hour later when Mr. Black returned home, he found that the contents of the box had mysteriously multiplied and were about to explode into many more! He tried using spellotape to hold the box shut. "Reducto!" he cried, but this just made the necklaces multiply faster. He became desperate. "Regulus! Sirius! Get in here and help. Now!" Regulus immediately ran to aid his father, but Sirius had decided to take the long way, passing through every room, walking as slowly as possible. "Are you deliberately trying to get me injured?" yelled Orion.

"Not deliberately," Sirius sneered while staring intently at a dusty lamp that had fallen onto his father's head. He casually strolled towards his father and "accidentally" stepped on his foot. "Oops. Sorry." The look on Sirius' face told a different story.

"You insolent little ingrate!"

"Fine!" snarled Sirius and with a shrug of his shoulders left the room.

Kreacher started muttering to himself when he heard a loud knock at the front door. The sound alerted Mrs. Black, who came shrieking down the hallway, brandishing a broom. "Foul breeds of filth, how dare you enter my house!"

As the goblins kept up a persistent knock, Orion had no choice but to open the door. As he did so, he was grabbed by four pairs of tentacles and three hands. "What are you doing Mike?" shouted Orion.

"Just testing out the new critters I've been breeding- they're squid and goblin crossbreeds!" Orion squirmed away, accidentally stepping on a tentacle. The creature let out a horrible noise that sounded like a hippogriff eating a garden gnome. "Careful! I don't know what violent creatures like this are capable of doing!"

"Then why on earth did you breed them you idiot?!"

Sirius snickered from the top of the stairs, where he was watching everything. "Why don't you try hugging it?"

"Shut it!" Orion shouted. He was sweating profusely while trying to prevent the tentacles from wrapping tightly around the top of his snake-like walking stick. Sirius lazily aimed his wand at the tentacles and muttered an incantation which made them tickle his father.

"ARGH, stop this right now before I curse you into oblivion!" yelled Orion. The tentacles uncurled themselves and started hitting him on his nose. Regulus ran over with the bracelets.

"Maybe if we put these around its tentacles they will make them a little calmer. Here." He passed eight golden hoops. Getting them on the creature proved a very tricky task; as soon as they put the first band on, a tentacle disappeared!

"Quick, get those things away! Invisible tentacles are extremely dangerous!" Just at that moment, Orion collapsed and grabbed his throat. He struggled to free himself from his invisible foe.

Sirius stood back to survey the scene in front of him. "James would love to see this." He pulled a mirror from his pocket and spoke James' name clearly. A moment later, his friend appeared in the reflection. "Hey! What's up? I heard that you have a visitor."

"Yeah! Dad's teaching it to dance. You should see it! It's the funniest thing since Snivellus got covered in bulbadox powder!" cackled Sirius as he ventured back upstairs, holding the mirror.

"Well are you going to save your dad or not?” James called out. A sly smile crossed Sirius' lips.

"What and ruin any chance of getting rid of him?! Nah, think I'll make him panic a while longer."

He sat on the landing, and grinned as the chaos unfolded before him. It was a dream come true: his father caught in a trap of his own creation with no means of setting himself free.

"Sirius, help me, PLEASE," begged his brother. Regulus was struggling to unbind Orion, who was now turning a brilliant shade of purple. Sirius sighed and casually walked back down the stairs. He flicked his wand and the invisible tentacle appeared again. A second spell caused it to shrivel and hang loosely on Orion's shoulder. He brushed it away with a look of disgust.

"Why you ungrateful, useless excuse of a wizard,” snarled Orion.

"Careful, Father. I can make those tentacles hurt poor Regulus, your favorite son." As he said this, the wizard who had brought the creatures started putting the tentacles into a cage he had charmed to be extra-strong, while Regulus stood to the side, gaping at his father. They were speechless.

Orion, seething with anger yelled "Well, if you aren't prepared to help me then you might as well leave this house and family!"

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #47 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - May 29, 2007 3:59 am (#2593 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 47

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   64
  geauxtigers!   21
  Tazzygirl   34
  virginiaelizabeth2   7
  Ydnam96   47
  Snuffles   58
  Phelim Mcintyre   2
  azi   24

Total Submissions: 257
Total Words: 1285
Last Submission Date: #5288, May 26, 2007, 7:57 A.M. (azi)
Total Time to Create Story: 45 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #47 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:05 am (#2935 of 2977) [Edited Dec 29, 2010 8 pm] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #47, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "Orion’s Ordeal”

This story was written from April 12, 2007 to May 26, 2007. Eight writers contributed to the story, which is 1,285 words long. Two of the eight writers posted feedback.

- Puck, May 29, 2007 10:03 am: MY goodness, a month and a half! Tsk! We have slowed down a bit.

- Tazzygirl, May 29, 2007 11:43 am: I know, huh? We haven't had a story last that long in a looooong time!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #48

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:21 am

This story was first posted by Tazzygirl - Jun 15, 2007 9:22 am (#2915 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Clues and Pebbles"

Hermione sat in her usual spot in the common room. She glanced around the room to be sure no one could see what she was doing. Carefully she opened a clear container full of large red shimmering pebbles that looked like Blast-Ended Skrewt eggs. She took one out and slipped it into the fireplace. It caught fire and disappeared. Hermione smiled. This was the greatest idea ever! This process, if her calculations were correct, would mean that each one she burnt, ended up at 12 Grimmauld Place instantly, allowing the Order to find the clues that were being sent by the mysterious stranger. The mysterious stranger had sent twelve Clues so far, each one started with the same words – 'Magical ways long forgot.' Hermione jumped as a figure appeared silently beside her.

"What are you doing here, I thought you were in bed," said Romilda.

"I was, but I couldn't sleep so I came down to do some reading..." Her voice trailed as Winky suddenly appeared, hiccupping slightly. "Winky! What's the matter?" Hermione rushed to her, pushing Romilda aside. Winky swayed before falling on the floor.

"Eeeewwww! She's filthy and smells like she hasn't ever touched soap."

"Quiet!" Hermione whispered, "I think she is coming around."

Winky was starting to mouth something which sounded like "Bumble snores haunts box."

Looking thoroughly puzzled, Hermione asked "Dumbledore wants socks? Whatever can that mean? It must be another clue!"

"A clue?" questioned Romilda. "What on earth do you mean? Are you crazy?" With a look of complete disgust, Romilda left.

Hermione shook her head and began to pace the floor, her mind working overtime to figure out what on earth was going on. Winky just sat there swaying back and forth and muttering nonsense words. "I've got to wash the cat" she muttered. "It's very dirty, disgusting and smells of -hic- rat.”

"Which cat, Winky?" asked Hermione. Winky turned her big eyes to Hermione and began to mumble about Mrs. Norris and her horrible friend Filch, who slopped paint on her tea cozy. Her mutterings faded away as Hermione grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the Portrait hole. "Winky we've got to go and see a man about a cat!"

Meanwhile Sirius was collecting the pebbles sent by Hermione. She had only sent him five, which meant she had been interrupted. He opened the jar which contained a preservative and placed the pebbles inside. "I wonder what will happen if it happens we are all wrong?" muttered Sirius. Suddenly, a hand appeared in the fireplace. "Who is that?" He watched the hand point towards the cupboard where Kreacher slept. Curious, Sirius approached the "nest" and pulled back the blanket. "AAAHHH!" Sirius was shocked to see mounds of crawling bugs. They ran into the kitchen to grab a container to ride to Azkaban in. They left quickly. Sirius frowned and looked towards Kreacher who turned and said, "Your Mudblood friend will not win. The clues went somewhere else as well."

"What do you mean, Kreacher?"

"Oh, Mistress would be happy. Kreacher has managed to stop the Mudblood girl's clues. Kreacher sent copies to deserving wizards."

Sirius shook him. "Kreacher, you miserable little troll. Tell me who you sent them to!"

"Kreacher is not telling Master. Master is associating with Mudbloods." Sirius grabbed Kreacher and shook him until his ears flapped. “Why you filthy little—"

"Sirius! Please put Kreacher down and come with me. Winky just told me about Mrs. Norris!" Dumbledore had strolled into the kitchen. Hermione was with him, looking anxious. "Miss Granger has informed me of your communications. We need to leave now for we have much to do."

Sirius dropped Kreacher who landed on a dropped fork. Grinning, Sirius quickly followed Dumbledore and Hermione up to the top of the staircase to the room with the portrait of Buckbeak, in full flight. Hermione walked to a table and turned the lamp on. Instantly they were transported to a room that looked strangely familiar... it was the Room of Requirement...but it was set up to resemble the inside of a pumpkin. Orange mush fell from the ceiling and slid down Dumbledore's hat.

"Why have we come here when clearly a peach would be more appropriate?"

Hermione sat down. "Why would a peach be more help?"

Dumbledore peered over his spectacles. "Hasn't anyone ever read Hogwarts, A History? Surely you, Miss Granger, knows the pumpkin was the favorite squash of the infamous Hogwartian creature, the Giant Squid?" Dumbledore twinkled.

"Yes, sir. But why are peaches so important? I don't understand. What's going on? What difference does a peach make?"

"Peaches taste better than pumpkins, and therefore are a key ingredient to attracting the Giant Squid into solving these clues."

"Oh! Professor, then shouldn't we go down to the lake?"

"Why yes! After you, Miss Granger!" beamed Dumbledore.

They walked briskly through the castle. Peeves was busy writing rude words on the blackboard as they rushed past.

"You misspelled that!" remarked Dumbledore, his eyes twinkling.

Peeves raised his hat and quipped, "Thank you, your Headshipness!"

In a few minutes they had arrived by the edge of the lake. Dumbledore kneeled down and dived into the water. "Should we follow?" asked Hermione.

"Here. I just happen to have some gillyweed, Madame," said Winky. She pulled a small bag of the plant out of her pocket and handed it to Hermione.

"Eeewww! I don't want to eat this!"

"No need," said Dumbledore. He cast a bubble head on Hermione as he surfaced, then together, they set off towards the middle of the lake, where they came upon a pack of mermaids lazily swimming and gliding beside some ghosts.

"We're looking for Myrtle, there is something extremely important we have to ask her, and in return we will give her a deluxe bathroom to haunt.

Dumbledore smiled and shook his head. "We have no time to help. We need her to see the Giant Squid. I suspect he must be wondering where we intend to place the clues."

"Dumbledore, why the Giant Squid? What is his involvement?" asked Hermione.

"He knows how to piece those clues together. Ah, there he is now!" They watched as a massive dark squid swam up to them. But suddenly, Dumbledore was nowhere to be seen!

"Where'd he go?" Hermione said to herself. The squid motioned them to follow. He led them towards a giant chasm in the center of a large underwater cave. On the bottom, there was an opening through which an eerie blue light could be seen as they swam towards it. The squid entered the chasm first as the light turned red with a loud bang. Hermione looked slightly taken aback. "Is this safe?" Then before their eyes, the giant squid's wife appeared from behind a rock carrying the pebbles Hermione had been sending. Hermione's eyes filled with tears, "I can't believe it's you! But, then Dumbledore must be, no that can't be right..."

"We'd better get back," Sirius replied, urgently grabbing Hermione's arm.

Minutes later, they reached the waters surface. Hermione gasped as she saw a large figure striding towards them, carrying a pink umbrella.

"Hey! You lot! Wha' do you think yer doin' in - oh. I didn't realize it wa' you Sirius. Where's Dumbledore?" he said.

"Look behind you!" replied an arrogant voice to their left. Dumbledore was lying on the ground pointing his wand at Draco Malfoy, who was standing by the lakeside. "Draco, here are your magical pebbles," said Dumbledore. "Use them well." And with a loud "Crack" Dumbledore conjured a squashy chair and a stone cauldron. "Now who has the gillyweed?" Winky pulled her apron pocket wide to reveal the gillyweed was missing!

"Winky, what happened to it?" asked Hermione patiently, "Try the pocket at the side in case it's there." Smiling Winky produced a small handful of green sliminess.

"Thank you, Winky. Now if you would please pass it too me so I will be able to return to Twelve Grimmauld Place. Sirius, do you have an extra broomstick I could borrow?"

"Um, not with me. They're back at the house, but we could use Hagrid's fireplace."

"Excellent!" With that, Dumbledore strode across the lawn and into Hagrid's house. They stepped inside and were greeted by Fang. "Hello, Fang," he said and moved towards the fire. Hagrid handed him the Floo powder and wished them well. Moments later they were in the kitchen of number twelve. It was hot in there from all the pebbles that had burst when Dumbledore had sent them onwards. They sizzled and popped like popcorn. Dumbledore swept them into a pile and turned to Sirius. "What a daft way to get rid of those pebbles!” said Dumbledore. "I usually transfigure them into a block of ice and slide down the stairs."

Then it came to Hermione. She knew exactly what the clues meant! "Professor! I figured out what is going on! Draco has been transfiguring salamanders into pebbles. He's the one sending me these clues! Its Weasley's Whizzbang fireworks! He's trying to blow up Headquarters! What are we doing standing here! Sirius! Go fetch Winky and Dobby, and search Hogwarts for Dumbledore's Army members."

"There's no need for that, Miss Granger," said Dumbledore. "What we need to do now is capture Draco and take away the fireworks. Simple, I know, but it will work! Let us endeavor to achieve the eradication of evil forces with the simplest of incantations."

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #48 stats

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:27 am

These stats were first posted by Tazzygirl - Jun 15, 2007 9:24 am (#2917 of 2960) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 48

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   71
  Tazzygirl   15
  Snuffles   55
  virginiaelizabeth2   23
  geauxtigers!   64
  azi   30
  Ydnam96   26
  Good Evans   23
  Phelim Mcintyre   3
  Finn BV   5

Total Submissions: 315
Total Words: 1575
Last Submission Date: #2913, June 14, 2007, 2:08 A.M. (Snuffles)
Total Time to Create Story: 15 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #48 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:28 am

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:05 am (#2936 of 2977) [Edited Dec 30, 2010 12 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #48, Volume IV,
Potty Five Words: "Clues and Pebbles"

This story was written from May 29, 2007, 2007 to June 14, 2007. Ten writers contributed to the story, which is 1,575 words long. Two of the ten writers posted feedback.

- Puck, Jun 15, 2007 1:10 pm: That last story just rambled all over, didn't it?

- geauxtigers!, Jun 16, 2007 6:09 pm: That last story was all over the place...ha ha

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume V Index

Post  Potteraholic Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 am

This page contains a list with links to all the stories written in Volume V.

Five Words Stories - Volume V

• Click on Story #49 (6 July 2007) for "The Sparkly Sandals"

• Click on Story #50 (29 July 2007) for "Springtime for Slytherin", Story 50: Our Golden Anniversary

• Click on Story #51 (21 August 2007) for "The Rocking Chair Prophecy"

• Click on Story #52 (7 September 2007) for "Snape and the Jobberknoll"

• Click on Story #53 (7 October 2007) for "The Hyde Park Picnic"

• Click on Story #54 (11 November 2007) for "Colin and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"

• Click on Story #55 (29 November 2007) for "The Three-Horned Creature's Wax Seal"

• Click on Story #56 (6 December 2007) for "The Trouble with Time"

• Click on Story #57 (16 December 2007) for "Chester"

• Click on Story #58 (1 January 2008) for "The Battle of Hogwarts: Part I"

• Click on Story #59 (8 January and 15 January 2008) for "The Urn of Agrippa"
(Note: two alternate endings were written for this story. When World Crossing reset their system while working on the on-going sync problem, some posts were deleted from this thread; however the portion here was the part saved on a personal computer and constitutes Ending A. Ending B consists of the story which is completely available on this thread.)

• Click on Story #60 (22 January 2008) for "A Playground Memory"

• Click on Story #61 (28 January 2008) for "Molly's Birthday Surprise"

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume V, Story #49

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:49 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Jul 7, 2007 3:40 am (#423 of 2989) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "The Sparkly Sandals"

The centaur herd moved cautiously into the clearing. A silvery mist filled the air.

“Tonight it will happen at last. Saturn is rising, and Uranus can be seen—” Laughter interrupted Bane’s proclamation, a high-pitched cackle which could only belong to Madam Marsh, that meddling monkey head!

“Sorry to interrupt,” she said, “but I’ve brought you a gift, something which my friend Dolores thought you would enjoy.” Carefully she placed a wicker basket on the floor and walked away, smirking. One of the herd kicked the basket over. There was a hissing noise coming from it, which intensified as the basked rolled off it. It was the ugliest, scrawniest cat any of the centaurs had ever seen. The kitty meowed, and fixed its yellow eyes upon Bane, who took a step backwards, taking care not to tread on another centaur’s hooves.

Slowly, the cat crept around the clearing, occasionally hissing to try and scare the centaurs. Ronan sneezed. “Sorry, I’m allergic to those creatures,” he sniffed. “I prefer dogs.”

Bane shook his head angrily. “These cats are harbingers of doom, feral beasts sent by humans. We cannot allow it to touch us! It has giant fleas and…”

Suddenly Professor McGonagall emerged from a thicket. She looked relieved to see the cat. “Come here, you cat,” purred Professor McGonagall. “Here Tabitha!”

The cat sulked up to McGonagall and changed back into human form. The woman named Tabitha straightened up and walked quickly to the center of the clearing. McGonagall and the centaurs eyed her suspiciously. “Why did Madam Marsh bring you here?” Minerva asked.

“Isn’t it obvious? The centaurs think Mars is brighter than usual, which means grindylows are hunting for people in Lake Waddiwasi. Where is Bane?” she asked suddenly.

“I’m right here. What do you want? I have no time for common humans like you.”

“Well, centaurs aren’t bright tonight! You need us to help you observe the passing of astrological signs in the sky which cannot be seen without — THESE!” Tabitha reached into her robes and produced some charts of constellations. “According to these, Jupiter should be—”

“Enough! We know much more than you, human!” roared Bane. “Do not pretend to understand what is read by centaurs. We have knowledge you are too dim to understand.”

“Tabitha, come with me,” snapped McGonagall. “If you don’t, I’ll turn you into a tabby-striped pygmy puff!” Tabitha muttered a few words and reluctantly followed McGonagall towards the castle. “Tabitha, I have a reason for keeping Bane on good terms with us and your insulting them isn’t going to do us any good.”

“My dear sister Minnie, you never have understood how truly devious I am. Those centaurs will need your help to negotiate between themselves and the giants who are currently hiding in the next valley.”

Professor McGonagall raiser her eyebrows in disdain. “Once again, you show your ignorance. The centaurs know perfectly well that the giants are nearby, and they know how to deal with them. But, if you think you can handle the giants…”

“Me? Er… well now, I never said that I – personally – would… er… you’re so much better at handling these situations than I am. You should go talk to them!” said Tabitha enthusiastically. “Yes, you’ve got more experience with these things.”

Minerva said sharply, “Langlock!”

Tabitha’s mouth twitched, and she gurgled unpleasantly. “Enough!” barked Minerva. “The centaurs know what hey need to do and they don’t need your help. Now go back and tell Umbridge that I think she is a foul git and what she did was totally unjustified. I will be writing a major complaint to the Ministry and I will ask for her dismissal. With the help of the centaurs I shall be able to prove that Delores is attempting to incite the giants into fighting and the destruction of the Wizarding world! She has to be stopped and my school and I will do just that. Come back with me and help to quash her rebellious ways!” Tabitha stood with her mouth hanging open. “Why would Umbridge do anything which might make her a criminal? She likes the easy life and won’t to lose the power she worked…”

Tabitha’s voice trailed off as she looked towards the edge of the forest. A short, squat figure was standing there, cowering. An enormous man appeared behind her. “Found her, Professor. She was trying to break into the Astronomy tower.”

“Thank you, Hagrid. Have Grawp keep her in captivity while I send a message to the Order of the Phoenix. Tabitha, come with me.” McGonagall set off toward the castle, her sister at her heels.

As they approached the doors, Snape came running out of the castle, screaming. “They’re here! The purple sandals I ordered are finally here! Look, Minerva! See how they sparkle when I dance!” Snape soft-shoed across the steps, flicking his heels as he went.

“Someone has Confunded him,” said Minerva.

Tabitha liked him better that way. “He seems so much more happy, Minnie. Let’s keep him like this. I’m sure everyone will appreciate the improvement…”

Minerva raised her eyebrows before exclaiming, “You did this, you troublesome twit! How dare you come to Hogwarts and meddle in situations you know nothing about.”

“I was just trying to help you, Minnie. I didn’t think you liked Old McGreasy that much. I suppose you’re far too mature to find the funny side!” Tabitha hurrumphed.

“If you’re going to sulk you can sit in the corner. Behave like a child and get treated like a child!”

Snape danced past them both and hooked his cane around his wrist. “Fancy a dance, Minerva?”

McGonagall pointed her wand at Snape. “Sorry, Severus, but you’ll regret this if I don’t act now.” Her wand pointing at Snape, she said, “Actus Normalus!” There was a flash of light and Severus stopped dancing, a horrified expression dawning on his face.

“WHAT HAPPENED? WHY I AM WEARING SPARKLY SANDALS?”

“You look very pretty, I think!” grinned Tabitha.

Minerva stepped quickly between them. “You… you…” spluttered Snape, but he didn’t dare draw his wand for the fear of McGonagall’s wrath. She looked furious. Even Tabitha was looking wary!

“We will sort this out later. Severus, we’ve caught Dolores trying to destabilize the Wizarding world.”

Snape’s scowl disappeared. He pointed his wand at his feet. Wordlessly, he transformed the glitzy sandals into staid black shoes.

“The purple ones were much nicer,” Tabitha grinned.

Minerva snorted, her eyebrows raised. “You just concentrate on sorting this mess out.”

“Oh, you haven’t got to worry, Minnie! Everything is being put back to normal, you just wait and see! I’ve got a list of things to do and once Fred and George get the order I have placed with them, we’ll be set.”

“What order, and what is on that list?” McGonagall snatched the paper from her sister’s hand and began to read. Her eyes widened with shock. “You are mad!” she exclaimed. “How is this going to work? Giants are completely stupid. Do you really think you can get them to do these things?”

Severus snatched the parchment and scrutinized it. “The order for a bottle of Ogden’s Firewhiskey isn’t really going to make the Giants so drunk they can fall asleep. I suspect they will simply become more prone to violence.”

Tabitha opened her mouth to argue but Minerva intervened. “We haven’t got time. We must address the head Gurg directly and get him to see the good side, the right side!”

Tabitha tried to slink away, but Minerva flicked her wand and ropes wrapped around her. “Minnie! That’s not fair, I—”

“Be quiet, you’re under a spell also, it seems. I am not taking it off until we reach the place where the giants are hiding.” They got their broomsticks and started to climb upon them. In the distance, they heard a booming sound.

“What was that?” asked Professor McGonagall, alarmed. Lightning flashed across the sky and thunder echoed around the three. They approached a valley. Below them, the giants were chanting a war cry, stamping in muddy puddles. Mud flew into the eye of a giant, who then swiped his hand on a rock and smashed it into pieces. The bits of rock flew everywhere.

“Duck!” yelled Minerva.

“I don’t understand! Why are the giants making so much noise now?” grumbled Snape.

“They like music?” suggested McGonagall.

They landed on the ground to find that the giants were dancing around, their handbags swinging as they danced around a giant maypole. Tabitha looked astounded.

“And these are supposed to be scary?” Minerva suppressed a smirk while two giants started a jitterbug.

“See, I knew dancing would lighten things up a bit!” said Tabitha. “Well, I guess Dolores’ idea wasn’t so terrible.”

Snape sneered at the mention of Umbridge. “You must be mad,” he said silkily. “Nothing that comes out of that preposterous cow could possibly be a good idea!” He glowered as mud hit him — SPLAT — the giants were throwing mud pies and one had hit Severus. Tabitha laughed heartily.

“That’s for being nasty.” Snape glowered and started scanning the sky in the hope that there was a dragon about to swoop down and devour Tabitha.

“We’d better land on that ridge over there, we’re too exposed around here!” said McGonagall. As they rose into the air, they heard a voice roaring in anger. A giant was rushing towards them, attempting to swat them down with his hat, which was made from an old leathery gnome shirt, magically enlarged. The giant missed Severus and Minerva, but smacked Tabitha. She fell off her broom and tumbled comically to the ground. “Ouch!” she exclaimed.

Minnie rolled her eyes and landed neatly next to her sister. “Get up,” she demanded. “This is not the time to be lollygagging!”

The giant was looking around, tying to see where they had landed. “Inside here,” said Snape, gesturing to a large cave.

“It’s filthy! I can’t possibly go in there!”

“You realize that if you don’t, you may be an afternoon snack?”

Minerva marched into the grimy cave, pushing Tabitha in first. “If the giants like music, then perhaps we should summon a musician to calm them.”

“Can we get the Weird Sisters? I bet they would come!”

“Tabitha, you are starting to irritate me. You need to get a grip!” yelled McGonagall.

“Quiet,” hissed Severus. Outside the cave a loud snuffling signalled the giant’s approach. A second later, Tabitha sneezed – loudly. The snuffling suddenly stopped. Snape turned around to a giant hand reaching into the cave. He tried to get away, but the thick fingers grasped him around the waist. Minerva sent a spell at the giant, but it ricocheted and hit Snape squarely in the stomach. Snape doubled over, in pain, and started barking like a dog. A tail appeared, then fur.

“Oh, Minnie,” giggled Tabitha. “I love his new look.”

“WATCH OUT!”

The giant had managed to keep a hold on Snape’s new snarling form. “PUPPY!” said the giant and patted Snape hard on the head, causing him to yelp in pain.

“Relashio!” cried Minerva and the giant released Snape, who began to growl at Tabitha. Sobbing, the giant ran away, tripping over a tree which had been uprooted. McGonagall changed Snape back to a human again, and glared at her crazy sister. She had gotten them into this mess. “That’s it. You’re going to set this mess right! I am tired of cleaning up after you all the time. You are a witch, not an immature child! Grow up and deal with any of these issues! What are you waiting for, an invitation? Get out there and stop those Giants from attacking Hogwarts!”

Tabitha gaped at her sister. Minnie had never trusted her with such a huge task! “Erm… OK. But I’ll need magical dance lessons. I can’t compete with Severus, who is, of course, the world champion.” Severus smirked before he realized that his biggest secret had been released.

“Tabitha!” barked McGonagall.

“It’s okay, McGonagall. I’ve been meaning to tell everybody my true passion is dancing!” said Snape. “I think I might take early retirement from Hogwarts and move to London.”

Shocked, Minerva just stared at both her sister and Snape. She snapped out of it, muttering, “I might be Confunded. Did Severus Snape just say what I think he said?”

“I’m going to perform in Slytherin, The Musical as his great-great-great-great-great-grandson! I’ll be a star!”

“The giants will love it! I’ll give them free tickets!” exclaimed Tabitha. The giants cheered.

* Five Words – Volume 5 Index * 

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume V, Story #49 stats

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:55 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Jul 7, 2007 3:45 am (#425 of 2989) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 49

User
# of Submissions
  Puck   89
  Mrs Brisbee   53
  Phelim Mcintyre   11
  azi   77
  Tazzygirl   18
  Ydnam96   1
  Snuffles   71
  geauxtigers!   33
  virginiaelizabeth2   8
  Mediwitch   47
  Good Evans   7
  Finn BV   2

Total Submissions: 417
Total Words: 2085
Last Submission Date: #418, July 5, 2007, 9:17 A.M. (Phelim Mcintyre)
Total Time to Create Story: 20 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes.

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume V, Story #49 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:57 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:06 am (#2937 of 2977) [Edited Dec 30, 2010 2 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #49, Volume V,
Potty Five Words: "The Sparkly Sandals"

This story was written from June 15, 2007 to July 5, 2007. Twelve writers contributed to the story, which is 2,085 words long. Six of the twelve writers posted feedback.

- Finn BV, Jul 7, 2007 3:47 am: This was easily one of our wackier stories… and that's saying something! What happened to Madam Marsh?

- azi, Jul 7, 2007 12:44 pm: That was a long story! I am pleased with it though - I quite like the idea that Minerva has an annoying younger sister.

At the rate we're writing stories right now, we'll probably be writing this when book 7 comes out. It'll have to be double special!

- geauxtigers!, Jul 7, 2007 3:31 pm: Wierd story...I liked it!

- Tazzygirl, Jul 7, 2007 8:36 pm: Funny story!

- Mrs Brisbee, Jul 7, 2007 11:38 pm: That last story was amusing. Snape saves the day--by dancing! LOL!

- Mediwitch, Jul 8, 2007 3:55 am: Now THAT story was a wild ride! What fun!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume IV, Story #50

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:00 pm

This story was first posted by Finn BV - Jul 29, 2007 5:44 pm (#581 of 2989) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Potty Five Words: "Springtime for Slytherin"
(Story 50: Our Golden Anniversary)

The Death Eaters moved silently through the darkened hallways. Ahead, a light was shining from under a closed door. They approached with caution. The Dark Lord was inside the room, pacing about restlessly and muttering distractedly about meddling kids. Harry Potter had given him the slip again! He had foiled Voldemort’s latest attempt to acquire a super-duper killing laser, which was too expensive for him to buy with Lucius in charge. Lucius didn’t want him to use the laser in the vicinity of Harry as it was sure to be disastrous. In fact, Harry had been hoping Voldemort would try avoiding him, but instead they were destined to meet in the Hog’s Head.

Voldie was there, happily sipping on his pineapple mango smoothie. “Oh, I really wish I were an Oscar-winning actor. I am so meant for the silver screen. Anybody who knows me will be devastated that I am just not getting the parts I deserve! In revenge, I shall stage the most melodramatic laser-oriented carnage the world has ever seen — mwa-ha-ha-ha!”

Suddenly the door burst open and in leaped the Death Eaters. Severus had taught them to point their toes and twirl. “We’ve got tickets!” they exclaimed. “We’re going to see Snape on opening night!”

Voldemort sneered. “Springtime for Slytherin will fail miserably. I tried out, but they said my footwork was all wrong, so I killed the choreographer.”

Wormtail stammered, “I h-helped!”

“No you didn’t, you talentless twit! You stepped on my robes and nearly caused them to come off! Imagine my embarrassment in front of my minions!” Voldemort glowered at Wormtail before deciding that he was useful enough to live.

On the other side of the pub sat a diminutive creature, whose bat-like ears were quivering as he listened to the conversation. He clicked his fingers, conjuring a pair of white mice out of thin air. “Dobby needs Rosco and Fifi to go find the Boy Who Lived and tell him Dobby is finding the Dark Lord talking about dancing!”

The mice nodded enthusiastically and disappeared through a crack in the floorboards. Dobby stayed where he was, and continued spying.

In another corner, a Hollywood director also overheard Voldemort’s comments, and decided he was just the right Slytherin for the screen adaptation. He cautiously approached and asked about buying the rights to Springtime for Slytherin so he could make it into a blockbuster film. He coughed nervously as Voldemort surveyed him with disgust. “Where did you get the idea that I wrote that piece of drivel? Stupid Muggle! You obviously have no—”

“I’m not a Muggle! I’m director Alfredus Witchclock, from Nineteenth Century Kneazle pictures!”

“Really? Well then, that changes everything. Please, sit. Can I buy you a drink?”

“I suppose you could. Can we talk price? You are the author. What are you going to insist I keep in the movie version’s plot?”

Me. I want the lead role! I will be a perfect Salazar!”

The director smiled. “Naturally. And who would be the perfect Godric?”

“Why, that would be me!” Dumbledore smiled at Voldemort. “Who better? I would love to show the world who is the better actor and director.”

Dumbledore bowed towards Voldemort, who let out a hiss.

“Shall we start, then?” asked Witchclock nervously. The unlikely trio Apparated to the NCK studio where a set had already been constructed of early Hogwarts.

“Right, let’s take it from the top,” said Witchclock. Voldemort and Dumbledore took their places. The music began, and they sang:

“Slytherin and Gryffindor should be friends. Oh, Slytherin and Gryffindor should—”

“Cut! You’re off-key!”

Suddenly the door burst open. Harry appeared, accompanied by two other people: Severus Snape and Ron Weasley.

“Hey, you stole my big solo!” Voldemort sobbed.

“Cut the melodrama, Tom,” Harry said. “Dobby told us that you’re planning to use a laser to take down anyone who threatens your singing career!”

Voldemort looked terrified — the laser was due to be delivered on credit Thursday afternoon. He used his best acting skills to convince the seller that he would make timely payments. The seller tipped off Watchclock, who needed the laser for special lighting effects. They would literally bring the house down, making Voldemort’s scheme pale in comparison.

“Dobby sent Snape and Ron as mice to warn the others of this evil plot. The Order of the Phoenix will be here shortly,” said Harry, smirking at Voldemort.

“Curses! Foiled again!” exclaimed Witchclock.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume V, Story #50 stats

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:02 pm

These stats were first posted by Finn BV - Jul 29, 2007 5:48 pm (#582 of 2989) on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Statistics for Story 50

User
# of Submissions
  azi   31
  Puck   29
  geauxtigers!   13
  Tazzygirl   6
  Mrs Brisbee   29
  Finn BV   9
  Mediwitch   10
  Snuffles   12
  Phelim Mcintyre   7
  Herm oh ninny   1
The user in emerald, for Slytherin, is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times, who may in turn pass it to the user who posted the third number of times in the story, and so forth.

Total Submissions: 147
Total Words: 735
Last Submission Date: #576, July 19, 2007, 5:17 A.M. (Mediwitch)
Total Time to Create Story: 11 days, 23 hours, 17 minutes.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume V, Story #50 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:03 pm

These post-story comments were first posted by Potteraholic - Nov 24, 2010 12:06 am (#2938 of 2977) [Edited Dec 30, 2010 2 am] on the World Crossing home of the 'Harry Potter Lexicon Forum'.

Post-Story Comments for Story #50, Volume V,
Potty Five Words: "Springtime for Slytherin"

This story was written from July 7, 2007 to July 19, 2007. Ten writers contributed to the story, which is 735 words long. Two of the ten writers posted feedback.

- azi, Jul 29, 2007 5:57 pm: Oh yey! Loved the last story, short and sweet.

- geauxtigers!, Jul 30, 2007 4:28 am: Last story was good! Short and sweet!

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Archive of Five Words Stories - Page 6 Empty Re: Archive of Five Words Stories

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next