HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II)

+12
HungarianHorntail11
Ludicrous Patents Office
Dryleaves
Betelgeuse Black
Madam Pince
azi
Lady Arabella
Choices
Julia H.
Verity Weasley
Puck
Potteraholic
16 posters

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 Empty Re: Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II)

Post  Choices Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:03 pm

My first thought is the Sphinx in the Maze who asks Harry to solve her riddle.
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 Empty Re: Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II)

Post  Julia H. Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks for the first guess, Choices! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508 The Sphinx in the Maze is not the answer to this riddle.

Keep guessing, please.

Something for her, something for him
In a riddle asked on a whim
You will find out you must go back
From time to time on your own track
It’s getting clearer and clearer
As we are nearer and nearer
A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
The connection, one tried to hide
The other one flatly denied
But I made my contribution
With the key to the solution
Of a riddle sly
Who or what am I?

Guessed: the Sphinx in the Maze.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Grasping at straws since I am totally confunded right now........does it have anything to do with Dumbledore and the prophesy?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Interesting guess, Choices! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508 The answer has nothing to do with Dumbledore or the prophecy (directly at least), but regarding some parts of the riddle, this is - broadly-speaking -a better direction than your first guess.

Keep guessing, please. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 464751818

A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
Of a riddle sly
Who or what am I?

Guessed: the Sphinx in the Maze, Dumbledore and the prophecy.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Does it have anything to do with Snape and the Unbreakable Vow?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Great guess, Choices! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508 Now, the direction is much better. Let's see: Snape and the Unbreakable Vow? The riddle has a lot to do with one of them. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 464751818

I'm adding a hint below.

Keep guessing, please. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2222139670

A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
Of a riddle sly
Who or what am I?

Hint: When the word riddle is mentioned in this riddle, it does not refer to this riddle but to a 'riddle' in the books.

Guessed: the Sphinx in the Maze, Dumbledore and the prophecy, Snape and the Unbreakable Vow.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Does it have anything to do with Lily?

(On reflection, I guess I'm treating this more like 20 questions . . . . Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 1437562208 ) I will try to formulate a proper guess.
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Lady Arabella, there is a vague, indirect reference to Lily in the riddle, but that is probably not the easiest starting point towards the answer. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508

I'm adding another hint.

Keep guessing, please. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2222139670

A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
Of a riddle sly
Who or what am I?

Hint: When the word riddle is mentioned in this riddle, it does not refer to this riddle but to a 'riddle' in the books.

Hint 2: I think lines 3-6 reveal the most about the nature (or category) of the answer.

Guessed: the Sphinx in the Maze, Dumbledore and the prophecy, Snape and the Unbreakable Vow, something to do with Lily.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  HungarianHorntail11 Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Is it when DD says they can save more than one life with the time-turner?
HungarianHorntail11
HungarianHorntail11
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Thanks for the guess, HH11! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508 There is no mention of the time-turner in the riddle - but keep guessing, please.

A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
Of a riddle sly
Who or what am I?

Hint 2: I think lines 3-6 reveal the most about the nature (or category) of the answer.

Guessed: the Sphinx in the Maze, Dumbledore and the prophecy, Snape and the Unbreakable Vow, something to do with Lily, when DD says they can save more than one life with the time-turner.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:04 pm

I just had to post and say - Choices, cutest avatar ever! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 1003735042

Since I'm here I'd better make a guess. How about Snape's Dark Mark?
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:18 am

Thanks for your first guess, Verity, but no, the answer is not his Dark Mark. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 464751818

Keep guessing, please. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508

A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
Of a riddle sly
Who or what am I?

Guessed: the Sphinx in the Maze, Dumbledore and the prophecy, Snape and the Unbreakable Vow, something to do with Lily, when DD says they can save more than one life with the time-turner, Snape's Dark Mark.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508 Thanks Verity.

Is it Snape's discovery of what Draco's task is and realizing that he has vowed to complete it?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:09 pm

I agree with Verity - cutest avatar ever, Choices!

I thought for sure HH11 had the answer. Well, back to "puzzling til my puzzler is sore . .. " Maybe I'll think of something I hadn't before. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 464751818

Great riddle Julia.
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:25 pm

The guesses are great, too. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508

Choices, the answer is not Snape's discovery of what Draco's task is and realizing that he has vowed to complete it but something much more tangible. (Snape is mentioned in the riddle, but not necessarily in the answer.)

Your avatar is absolutely cute. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2222139670

A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
Of a riddle sly
Who or what am I?

Guessed: the Sphinx in the Maze, Dumbledore and the prophecy, Snape and the Unbreakable Vow, something to do with Lily, when DD says they can save more than one life with the time-turner, Snape's Dark Mark, Snape's discovery of what Draco's task is and realizing that he has vowed to complete it.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  HungarianHorntail11 Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:09 am

How about the doe patronus or the stag patronus?
HungarianHorntail11
HungarianHorntail11
Second Year
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:20 am

Thanks for the guess HH11! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508 The answer itself does not have anything to do with the doe patronus or the stag patronus, but the riddle does mention people with these Patronuses.

A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
Of a riddle sly
Who or what am I?

Guessed: the Sphinx in the Maze, Dumbledore and the prophecy, Snape and the Unbreakable Vow, something to do with Lily, when DD says they can save more than one life with the time-turner, Snape's Dark Mark, Snape's discovery of what Draco's task is and realizing that he has vowed to complete it, the doe patronus or the stag patronus.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Boy, this is a tough riddle - does it have anything to do with Harry's scar?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:02 am

Is it the Love Potion that Merope Gaunt gives to Tom Riddle, Sr.?

or

Is it the Logic/Potion Puzzle from Book One?
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:51 am

How about the attempts Draco makes to kill Dumbledore using the opal necklace and the elf-made wine?
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:54 am

I'm sorry for the delay, I've been away for the weekend. It's good to come back to find so many lovely guesses! Let's see:

Choices, the riddle has nothing to do with Harry's scar but it does have to do with Harry. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508

Lady Arabella, the answer is neither the Love Potion that Merope Gaunt gives to Tom Riddle, Sr., nor the Logic/Potion Puzzle from Book One but these are both very good guesses. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 3845856932

Verity, the answer is not the attempts Draco makes to kill Dumbledore using the opal necklace and the elf-made wine, but the timeline is not bad. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 464751818

A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
Of a riddle sly
Who or what am I?

Guessed: the Sphinx in the Maze, Dumbledore and the prophecy, Snape and the Unbreakable Vow, something to do with Lily, when DD says they can save more than one life with the time-turner, Snape's Dark Mark, Snape's discovery of what Draco's task is and realizing that he has vowed to complete it, the doe patronus or the stag patronus, Harry's scar, the Love Potion that Merope Gaunt gives to Tom Riddle, Sr., the Logic/Potion Puzzle from Book One, the attempts Draco makes to kill Dumbledore using the opal necklace and the elf-made wine.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:02 pm

I know these don't fit all the clues, but . . . . . . .

The Penseive memories that Harry & Dumbledore view to learn about Voldemort's early life?

The poisoned cocoa that Tom Riddle gives to Hepzibah Smith when he steals the Hufflepuff Cup?
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia H. Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Thanks for the guesses, Lady Arabella! Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2752390508 The answer is neither the poisoned cocoa that Tom Riddle gives to Hepzibah Smith when he steals the Hufflepuff Cup, nor the Penseive memories that Harry & Dumbledore view to learn about Voldemort's early life; but I think you have interpreted correctly what the second riddle mentioned in the riddle means. What was the key to the solution of this riddle and how can you combine it with your earlier guesses, which were very good ones?

Keep guessing, please, and I'll think of a new hint. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 464751818

A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
Of a riddle sly
Who or what am I?

Guessed: the Sphinx in the Maze, Dumbledore and the prophecy, Snape and the Unbreakable Vow, something to do with Lily, when DD says they can save more than one life with the time-turner, Snape's Dark Mark, Snape's discovery of what Draco's task is and realizing that he has vowed to complete it, the doe patronus or the stag patronus, Harry's scar, the Love Potion that Merope Gaunt gives to Tom Riddle, Sr., the Logic/Potion Puzzle from Book One, the attempts Draco makes to kill Dumbledore using the opal necklace and the elf-made wine, the Penseive memories that Harry & Dumbledore view to learn about Voldemort's early life, the poisoned cocoa that Tom Riddle gives to Hepzibah Smith when he steals the Hufflepuff Cup.
Julia H.
Julia H.
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Arabella Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:51 am

scratch The Felix Felicis that Harry uses to get Slughorn's Horcrux memory?
Lady Arabella
Lady Arabella
Prefect
Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Choices Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:57 pm

OK, these lines make me think of Narcissa and Snape and the Unbreakable Vow.
These lines make me think of Hermione and the Time Turner or Dumbledore's Pensieve.
A remarkable successor
To a worthy predecessor
These lines make me think of Dumbledore and Grindelwald.
Of a riddle sly
These lines make me think of someone or something who supplied the solution to killing/stopping Voldemeort.

Who or what am I?

I'm sure I am wrong, but this is just what the lines make me think of. No wonder I am confunded and unable to figure out this riddle. I keep reading it over and over hoping the correct answer will come to me. Potty Games - Riddles Only (Vol. II) - Page 29 2398211921

Is it the Time Turner that Harry and Hermione use?
Choices
Choices
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next