HPLF WX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII)

5 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Empty story 147

Post  Mona Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:46 am

what I'm thinking?"

"Yeah, if

Spoiler:

Hi Verity! Smile

Too slow. I wonder if we can wind this up in the next few sentences?

35 posts left

Edited to strike out a repeated word.

Last edited by Mona on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Empty Story #147

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:10 am

you're thinking that this map

Yes, I think we can definitely finish this off in a few more posts. I don't think we'll need all the ones that are left.

34 posts left
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:28 am

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Screen40     is going to be our                   

posts left

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:54 am

most trusty rule-breaking aid," said George

Used six words because I repeated the word 'what' in this post.

32 posts left
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:44 am

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Screen40     . "But we'll have to hide                   

They'll have to learn how make the map disappear from the parchment, too, right? 'Mischief managed', and all that? Or maybe that's for another story. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 464751818

posts left

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:55 am

it carefully. We wouldn't want

I think we'll have to leave that for another story PAH. I don't think we can work that detail in too. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 464751818

30 posts left
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:28 am

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Screen40     it to fall into the                  

Yes, another story, some day... Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 2752390508

posts left

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 pm

wrong hands."

Fred and George

28 posts left
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Screen40     decided to hide the map                  ... in...

posts left

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:49 am

in George's trunk until they

Spoiler:
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:53 am

figured out how to wipe

25 posts left
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Screen40     it clean, just as blank                   

posts left

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:52 pm

as it had been when

23 posts left
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:42 am

they first laid eyes on it.

22 posts left
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Potteraholic Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 am

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Screen40     "Look! Filch is heading back                   

Filch was headed towards the Gryffindor common room before. Maybe something else caught his attention and he is needed elsewhere? So Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 2353527630 can go head out and do something else? Meet Lee and ask about the Quidditch commentating post? Or ... another thing entirely? And our story will be done! Smile

posts left

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII)

Post  Mona Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:10 am

to his office," said Fred

PAH, I think that's a great idea! I don't think they have to meet Lee, though. Maybe they can just say "Let's go down for dinner" and the story'll be over, LOL, and it has been dragging on for way too long. Let's see how it goes. Smile
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:37 am

brightly. "Let's put this map

Spoiler:

I agree with Mona. I don't think there's time to meet up with Lee. Let's just get them out of the common room and on the way to mischief and mayhem! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 1003735042

19 posts left
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Empty Storyt #147

Post  Potteraholic Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Screen40     to the test! We can                   

They just decided that the map's hiding place would be George's trunk, but now it looks like they're still going to use it, right? Before putting it away at the end of the day, in George's trunk? At least, that's my understanding of the last few posts.

In my suggestion above, the idea was for what Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 2353527630 could say to end the story, and not for what they would actually do in the story, i.e. we wouldn't have to write any plot, just their dialogue about what they were planning to do after leaving the common room.

posts left

Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Verity Weasley Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:14 pm

use it to find Lee

Oh that makes more sense PAH.

17 posts left

Spoiler:

Last edited by Verity Weasley on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added suggestion for next five words)
Verity Weasley
Verity Weasley
N.E.W.T.

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Empty Re: Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII)

Post  Mona Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:50 am

. Come on! Secret passages await!"

The end? Smile

Thanks for the suggestions, Verity!
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Empty Storyt #147

Post  Potteraholic Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:58 am

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Screen40    

Sounds like an ending to me! I haven't compiled most of this story, so give me about a week, folks!
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Mona Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 pm

No worries, PAH. Take your time. And if you want me to copy and paste the story onto a text document and send it to you , I can do that, since I don't have anything much to do the next two days.

Just let me know. Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 2752390508

I declare this story officially F I N I S H E D! Lots of Muggle things have come up lately, so I won't be posting this story until some time later this week or early next week. As is custom, this thread will be locked until Story #147 and its stats are posted.

Stay tuned! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 2752390508

EDIT 2: Sorry for the delay, folks. Will try to get the story up sometime during the weekend.

Last edited by Potteraholic on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added note about temporarily locking the thread.)
Mona
Mona
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XVI, Story #147

Post  Potteraholic Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Potty Five Words: "Fred and George Meet the Marauders"

"Happy Birthday, Fred and George!"

Lee pulled back the hangings of the twins' four-poster beds with a flourish and proceeded to leap from bed to bed, madly waving two presents above his head.

"Oi!" George grumbled. "Shhhhhh..."

"But you're twelve years old today! Get up!" Lee demanded.

"What's so special about twelve?" Fred asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"It feels just the same as eleven so far," he announced.

"Twelve's great!" Lee continued, tossing each twin his present. "Twelve months in a year, twelve moons of Jupiter, twelve days of—"

"Okay, okay," laughed Fred, "Now let's see what's in here!" He tore off the paper.

George followed suit. Lee had given them both a bag of Zonko's Dungbombs.

"Wicked!" George said, taking one and sniffing it gingerly. "I always wanted to throw one of these. I wonder how effective it is?"

"Only one way to find out!" Fred chuckled.

The three went down to breakfast, planning their attack.

"I think..." George whispered, "we could easily levitate them towards Filch if we hide behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy—"

"Mr. Weasley?" questioned Professor McGonagall, suddenly appearing behind them. "Which one of the two of you am I addressing?"

"I'm Fred, and he's George," said George, with a grin.

Professor McGonagall looked at them suspiciously, her eyebrows raised. "Did you have anything to do with the Dungbomb explosion outside the Great Hall this morning?"

"Of course not, Professor!" said Fred indignantly. "We haven't been anywhere near the Great Hall. We were busy opening our birthday presents and—"

"Happy birthday then Mr. Weasleys," Professor McGonagall said, her face relaxing into a brief smile. "But mind you, no practical jokes!" She continued on her way, and the three boys heaved a sigh of relief.

Later that morning, the twins were in Potions, quietly debating whether to continue with their planned assault.

"What if McGonagall catches us? " Fred whispered, a little too loudly, for Snape was suddenly breathing down their necks.

"I wonder... what might you be up to?" he drawled, "I wouldn't be surprised if you three were behind this morning's unpleasant business outside the Great Hall. While I do not yet have proof, I'll be keeping my eyes on you, so be warned, especially you two." He stalked back to the front of the class, his robes swishing ominously behind him.

"No birthday wishes?" Fred mumbled disgruntledly.

"We'd better keep a low profile, then," Lee whispered. "Wait until they've stopped watching us."

"What were you saying about McGonagall earlier?" interjected George. "I said we'd better not get caught by her, but better McGonagall than Snape, eh?"

The bell rang and everyone filed out into the corridor laughing and talking. The twins motioned to Lee to follow as they ducked behind the crowd and headed down an empty corridor towards Filch's office.

"We'd better make sure Mrs Norris isn't around," cautioned Lee, looking around surreptitiously. "She's a real menace, that cat. We should have a lookout."

Lee volunteered to stand watch while the twins crept closer to Filch's door.

"Is it safe now?" whispered George.

"All clear! Fire away!" Lee whispered back. Plucking a Dungbomb each from their pockets, Fred and George launched them straight ahead, towards Filch's closed office door. Suddenly, without even a warning creak, the door burst open, and the two Dungbombs hit Filch squarely on the face. "Run!" Lee called, already retreating around the corner, but the twins were doubled up with laughter at the sight of Filch, his nose wrinkled in disgust, dung dripping from the tip.

"WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?" Filch snarled, eyes watering from the Dungbombs’ foul vapor.

"You've got some... dung... sir..." Fred spluttered.

"On your nose!" George added, clutching his side.

Filch, wiping his nose with his sleeve, advanced on the twins menacingly. They tried to turn and run, but Filch grabbed them by the back of their robes and frogmarched them into his office, muttering imprecations under his breath. Mrs Norris arched her back and hissed angrily as the twins were shoved into two uncomfortable looking wooden chairs facing Filch's desk.

"Now listen here, you two deserve to be hung from your ankles for this!" He gestured towards the manacles, chains and other assorted objects hanging on the wall behind his desk. The twins glanced contemptuously around the dingy room, spotting some filing cabinets in a dark, dusty corner. Fred began to read the labels on them and was intrigued by a drawer marked Confiscated and Highly Dangerous. Filch was continuing to rave and rant without really paying attention to the twins and their roving eyes. Fred nudged George and indicated the cabinet. Silent understanding passed between them, and George nodded imperceptibly.

A few seconds later, George had sneaked a Dungbomb from his pocket. Standing up suddenly, he threw it into the corner and declared, "There's someone throwing Dungbombs here!" Then he made for the door. Filch sprang up with a bellow and chased after George, giving Fred the chance he was waiting for. Hurriedly rifling through the drawer, he spotted a folded piece of parchment. Instinctively, he pocketed it, and ran out into the corridor where Filch was shouting at a bunch of onlookers. There was no sign of George and students were running around screaming as fireworks exploded around them. Through the sparks and smoke Fred spied Lee and grinned mischievously. He slipped past Filch easily enough, and soon he and Lee met up with George back in the Common Room.

"That was a close call," Fred announced, sinking into a large, overstuffed armchair by the fire and taking out the stolen piece of parchment.

"What did you get?" George asked, peering at it eagerly. Fred unfolded the parchment, turning it so George could see it. "I don't see anything," said George, shaking his head.

"Me neither," Lee added, moving in for a closer look. "This is boring," he added abruptly. "I'm going to see McGonagall. She's looking for Quidditch commentators and I'm the best there is!" Lee headed out the portrait hole, leaving the twins still poring over the curious piece of old parchment.

"There must be a reason Filch thought it was dangerous enough to confiscate," Fred mused. "Show us your secret!" he commanded, tapping his wand against the parchment. Nothing happened.

"Let me try," said George, taking the parchment. "Reveal-io your secret-o," George chanted, "To the Dangerous Du-o."

Fred stifled a giggle as the sheet began to flutter and black ink began to appear, forming itself into words.

Not likely-o  materialised briefly, then completely disappeared, without a trace. The twins couldn't help laughing but then bent eagerly over the blank sheet, ready to try their luck again.

"We want to understand how you work. We're Hogwarts' chief mischief-makers and value dangerous and mysterious objects like yourself." They waited for a response.

Moments later, words again began to blossom across the paper.

Messrs. Mischief-makers Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs would like to point out that we are the experts at misconduct and mayhem, so advise that you proceed with caution and choose your words with care.

Fred and George looked at each other, excitement shining from their faces. "Let's keep trying," George urged. "We're bound to get lucky soon." Touching his wand to the blank sheet, George slowly whispered, "We, er, liberated you from Filch's office at great personal risk."

Once again, the parchment fluttered.

Good point. We appreciate your daring. But we wonder why you were in Filch's office at all.

"He objected to our Dungbomb attack for some strange reason," Fred explained.

He's a solemn one, but sometimes it's necessary to be solemn.

"Hmm, that's cryptic," remarked George. "Let me think...Okay, we promise to be solemn if you show us your secret, Master Mischief-makers."

That's good, young apprentice mischief-makers, but not good enough.

"Not good enough?" Fred exclaimed. "How are we not good enough? We're always coming up with great ideas for jokes to play."

George hushed his twin. "Wait, let's try again...you can trust us both, Master Mischief-makers. We'll use your magic well."

But why should we trust you? How do we know what you'll do with this meritorious aid? Will you use it to help the authorities, or to help your rule-breaking exploits?

"We assure you that we're definitely not going to help the authorities! What an idea!"

So would you say that you're up to no good?

The twins grinned. "We're definitely up to no good."

Solemnly swear it! commanded the parchment.

Fred and George looked at each other, then chorused, "We solemnly swear that we are up to no good."

At once, tiny ink lines began to appear all over the parchment, radiating from the point that Fred had tapped with his wand.

"What is it?" George asked, in a hushed voice.

"A map, I think," replied Fred, and as if in reply, words began to appear once more on the parchment.

Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs, Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief-Makers, are proud to present THE MARAUDER'S MAP.

"Brilliant!" Fred and George chorused, bending over the map, to examine it more closely. They could see small, moving dots, scattered among the corridors and rooms of the castle, each labelled with a name.

"Look! There's Lee! And there's McGonagall!" George exclaimed. "It looks like he's in her office. I hope he's not in trouble."

"Nah, he said he was going to try out for the Quidditch commentator post."

"What's that?" asked George, pointing to a pair of dots moving towards the Gryffindor Common Room.

"It's Filch and his awful cat! What's he doing prowling around up here?" Fred muttered.

"He's probably hoping to catch someone in the wrong place at the wrong time," George replied, "but we're safe in here."

"Hey!" declared Fred. "He'll never be able to catch us now we have this!" He indicated the map, "And look! The grounds outside the castle are here too."

They continued to pore over the map, searching for familiar people and places. "Hang on," Fred said. "What's that? There shouldn't be a passage here!" He showed George where he was looking, "It seems to lead right under the Great Hall. I bet Filch doesn't know about this!"

Eyes shining with excitement, George nodded. "A secret passage! I wonder if there's more of them?" "Look, here's another! It goes right off the edge — d'you reckon it leads all the way into Hogsmeade?"

"Reckon it does," replied Fred, grinning. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Yeah, if you're thinking that this map is going to be our most trusty rule-breaking aid," said George. "But we'll have to hide it carefully. We wouldn't want it to fall into the wrong hands."

Fred and George decided to hide the map in George's trunk until they figured out how to wipe it clean, just as blank as it had been when they first laid eyes on it.

"Look! Filch is heading back to his office," said Fred brightly. "Let's put this map to the test! We can use it to find Lee. Come on! Secret passages await!"

NOTE: Special thanks to Mona for compiling and tallying the posts. It was a real help! Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 2752390508

* Five Words – Volume 17 Index * 

* Five Words - Volumes Index * 

* Five Words - Main Archives * 
 * Five Words - Stories Index (by topic) * 

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:12 am; edited 4 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XVI, Story #147 stats

Post  Potteraholic Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Statistics for Story 147
ordered by first contribution to the story

User  
  # of  
  Submissions  
  Potteraholic   87  
  Verity Weasley     147  
  Mona     110  
  azi     24  
The user in red is the rightful starter of the next story. They are welcome to pass on the privilege to the user who posted the second most number of times.

Total Submissions: 368
Total Words: 1840
Last Submission Date:Jun 21, 2012 7:50 am (EST). (Mona)
Total Time to Create Story: 2 months, 19 days, 16 hours, 48 minutes

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Potty Game: Five Words (Vol. XVII) - Page 15 Empty Archive of Five Words Stories - Volume XVI, Story #147 post-story comments

Post  Potteraholic Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Post-Story Comments for Story #147, Volume XVII,
Potty Five Words: "Fred and George Meet the Marauders"

This story was written from April 1, 2012 to June 21, 2012. Four writers contributed to the story, which is 1,840 words long. --- of the four writers posted feedback. All times listed are EST.

Total Time to Create Story: 2 months, 19 days, 16 hours, 48 minutes

- name, m/d/, 2012 -:-- -m:

- name, m/d/, 2012 -:-- -m: [/size][/font]

Last edited by Potteraholic on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Potteraholic
Potteraholic
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next